Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Night 1)

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:37 pm speed, both you and lap came in saying "why the heck was loop lynched"
Did Lap do that? They might have been defensive toward that.

I wasn't flinging suspicion with my question. I just wasn't here. I didn't want defense, just an answer.
I get that. You just seem to be assuming a different premise here. I don't think the posts you are prodding were defenses. They were simply stating where they probably would have voted. Why would someone who missed the vote "defend" by admitting they would have gone with what is now known to have been a mislynch?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:25 pm Ambray and speed I appreciate your explanations for why you didn't vote. I'd like to know from everyone who didn't vote the reasons why they didn't. Love the biscuits!
Day ended too fast.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by DrWilgy »

Illy and Hazlenut... Why did you try to kill me?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

On another note, can someone explain to me why so many people are voting for Angelus? He's literally a member of the scum team in this game? Seems likely even more dangerous than the Dark Willow speculation imo.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:49 pm Illy and Hazlenut... Why did you try to kill me?
I wanted to give Loop a chance to play. And you weren't looking great on D1. Give us some thoughts.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 pm On another note, can someone explain to me why so many people are voting for Angelus? He's literally a member of the scum team in this game? Seems likely even more dangerous than the Dark Willow speculation imo.
Only one I recognised.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:51 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:49 pm Illy and Hazlenut... Why did you try to kill me?
I wanted to give Loop a chance to play. And you weren't looking great on D1. Give us some thoughts.
Idk dude... I just wanted to know if Illy thought I was attractive.

CLEARLY NOOOOT
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

was the previous buffy game with the dark willow role a black rock long con game? I remember from stories that that role became a big deal. Would BRLC make homage to that?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

@Hosts: Did the lynch end in a tie?

Also, how are ties determined?

This being a Rock Con game, and the fact that there was nothing in the post that even implied that there was a tie (unless I totally missed a detail in reading), I'm somewhat doubting the lynch result.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 am Why would Dawn make her vote -1? Anticipating having an opinion on who to save but not who to lynch and also anticipating being unconvincing is kinda weak.

Angel as a baddie sucks. He's hella powerful.

Linki: Woo suck.
If Dawn believed a person about to be lynched was a civ and wanted to save them, a -1 vote could be helpful.
juliets wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 am Buffy watchers I need your help on the night poll. I don't know what any of these choices mean. I'll google the options to get an idea but that may not give me the full flavor of the selection. Angelus seems popular so far - can anyone tell me why?
Each season of the show had a "big bad" who was the main villain of the season, with a multi-episode story arc.

The Master: Really old and powerful vampire who tries to take over Sunnydale. Actually kills Buffy--she is revived soon after, but because of her brief death, a new slayer is chosen and comes to town. First Kendra (who is killed by Drusilla in a fight), and then Faith. He was somewhat underdeveloped as a character, so wasn't really compelling as a "favorite" big bad.

Angelus: Season 2, Angel becomes Angelus. Angel is a vampire who is cursed with having a soul, which makes him become a good guy. However, part of the curse is that if he ever has a moment of pure happiness, he loses that soul, which makes him evil. Buffy and Angel have sex, which causes him to lose his soul. Ultimately, they figure out a spell to reverse the curse, and he becomes Angel again, but is sucked into a hell dimension for a time immediately after. He eventually returns, and after some healing, is fine and is a good guy again. Because he doesn't want to risk becoming evil again, he moves to LA and starts his own show. As Angelus, he is seriously evil. This is one of the more insteresting story lines of the show, so it makes sense that he'd be people's choice. Because he's a role in the game, though, I wouldn't risk helping him by voting that way.

Mayor: He's the mayor of sunnydale, and is actually a sorcerer who figures out how to transform into a demon. He plans a huge graduation day ascention, which the scooby gang ultimately thwarts by blowing up the school (with him in it). Interesting note that they delayed showing of the episode where this happens for 2 months, because it was originally supposed to air about a month after Columbine. Another episode late that season, where a student brings a gun to school, was also not shown until later. The Mayor was a fun character. Also a role in the game who can potentially recruit a civ.

Adam: Adam was probably my least favorite of the big bads, honestly. I just didn't like his character. He's basically a frankenstein monster created by a morally ambiguous secret agency trying to create super soldiers. Also a role in the game.

Glory: Glory is a narcissistic goddess from a hell dimension who is trapped on earth. She also has a human form that she can shift into (Ben), but Ben and Glory don't share memories. She can drive people insane. She has super obsequious demon minions who cater to her every need. She tries to create a rift that will open up all of the dimensions so she can go home--and create a lot of death and destruction, and needs to use The Key (who was hidden in human form, which created Dawn as Buffy's sister (Dawn didn't exist before this, but when she is brought into existence it is as if she has always been there). Buffy sacrifices her own life in order to save both Dawn and the world and dies at the end of the season. (she is later brought back to life, when the show moved from WB to UPN). She's a great character and it's a good story line. She's super evil, though, and is an evil role in the game--I'm thinking not the best choice.

Dark Willow: The Trio, a group of geeky college students who decide to become super villains, kill Tara. Willow, who has become a powerful witch over the years, gets involved in and addicted to dark magic and ultimately gets consumed in anger and the desire to avenge Tara's death, causing much destruction and turning against her friends. She is ultimately brought back to normal by Xander, and goes to witch rehab.

The First: All the evil in the universe, all rolled into one. It is incorporeal, but can manifest in any person, and uses this to manipulate folks. It figures out a way to destroy the slayer line and ultimately get rid of anything good in the universe/destroy the world as we know it. The Scooby Gang recruit and train a whole pack of potential slayers to be a whole slayer army. The apocalypse is, in the end, thwarted and they are able to get rid of the hell mouth that sunnydale is on. Spike is the one who saves the world. While not in the game, Caleb (the priest turned serial killer who works for her) is.

So, basically, I'm voting The Master because he's the only one not in the game.

Also, I really want to rewatch buffy now.
S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am Fixed
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:07 am Jackofhearts2005 The Willow role does not have any secrets. We literally know the effect Tara's death has on her. It's just that two people will be lynched. She doesn't turn Jackofhearts2005
But didn't that happen in the original game? Willow went bad? I did not play the original game, but I heard about it. Do you think this is a Black Rock game and all the mechanics are public?
It was definitely part of the original game, or supposed to be (yes, also a Rock Con game). I was Willow and I died night 1. LC brought the role back in World Apart. If memory serves, in the original game, it wasn't written as part of the role. When I got the role, I remember asking them if she became evil if Tara died. In World Apart, I believe Dark Willow ended up winning the game. They love the role. I think they'd definitely pay homage to it.

linkitis: I see Tranq also asked about a tie and that it was answered and Tranq started talking about what could have happened. Another possibility is a Seemer type role. I agree that Rock Con usually put things in their story telling that hint at what is happening with the game dynamics.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]LoRab[/mention] LC already answered that it may or may not have been a tie and we don't get to know
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:25 pm Ambray and speed I appreciate your explanations for why you didn't vote. I'd like to know from everyone who didn't vote the reasons why they didn't. Love the biscuits!
Day ended too fast.
Thanks Mac.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wow Lorab thank you so much for the thorough explanation of the poll options. My initial feeling after reading it is to not vote any role that is represented in the game as you are going to do. Also, witch rehab :haha: !
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

LoRab wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 pm linkitis: I see Tranq also asked about a tie and that it was answered and Tranq started talking about what could have happened. Another possibility is a Seemer type role. I agree that Rock Con usually put things in their story telling that hint at what is happening with the game dynamics.
A Seemer seems unlikely considering Tara's death triggered a double lynch tomorrow.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab said she was voting the Master, but didn't actually vote.

Her analysis helped me because I have not seen this in ages. So gonna follow her and vote the Master.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

Lorab is posting alot, I wanna town read her for the informational posts, but I'm holding back a bit.

Juliets post about Wilgy struck me as odd, I might've said this or just thought it?

I've got a gut mafia read of Wilgy.

I like Speed pointing out the hive mind thing, but I doubt all three mafia members would act that way.

SvS has a slight gut civ read.

Something nutella said seemed scummy, but I can't remember what so I'll need to look over that again.

I voted for Master since he isn't in the game and having never seen Buffy I don't have a favorite.
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

my laptop crashed. new one here on Tuesday. trying this
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Poor wabbit that's some kind of bad luck.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:32 pm Lorab is posting alot, I wanna town read her for the informational posts, but I'm holding back a bit.

Juliets post about Wilgy struck me as odd, I might've said this or just thought it?

I've got a gut mafia read of Wilgy.

I like Speed pointing out the hive mind thing, but I doubt all three mafia members would act that way.

SvS has a slight gut civ read.

Something nutella said seemed scummy, but I can't remember what so I'll need to look over that again.

I voted for Master since he isn't in the game and having never seen Buffy I don't have a favorite.
What seemed odd about my post?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I just now realized the trio is the no player option.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm @LoRab LC already answered that it may or may not have been a tie and we don't get to know
Yeah--I caught that in linkitis, but forgot to go back up to edit it out.
Tranq wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 pm linkitis: I see Tranq also asked about a tie and that it was answered and Tranq started talking about what could have happened. Another possibility is a Seemer type role. I agree that Rock Con usually put things in their story telling that hint at what is happening with the game dynamics.
A Seemer seems unlikely considering Tara's death triggered a double lynch tomorrow.
Unless it is a seemer who appears as a random civ role. We'll be able to eliminate that possibility after tomorrow's lynch. but, in the meantime, it's possible.

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm LoRab said she was voting the Master, but didn't actually vote.

Her analysis helped me because I have not seen this in ages. So gonna follow her and vote the Master.
She had a bat mitzvah student come in before she got the chance to actually vote. :)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:09 pm I just now realized the trio is the no player option.
I hadn't noticed either! That is full of awesome. They are kind of my favorite.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:09 pm I just now realized the trio is the no player option.
I hadn't noticed either! That is full of awesome. They are kind of my favorite.
what? no way they're The Worst.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:32 pm I've got a gut mafia read of Wilgy.
But I'm good this game Sig.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

It was your question about Wilgy play style, I seem to remember you both being in multiple games together so it was strange you weren't aware of his play style.

linki: :ponder:
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:09 pm It was your question about Wilgy play style, I seem to remember you both being in multiple games together so it was strange you weren't aware of his play style.

linki: :ponder:
The only thing I remembered about Wilgy's playstyle is he says "I'm a doctor" almost every game. Certainly I don't recall anything as bizarre as the post he had made in this game prior to my comment. I looked at the ongoing Mortal Kombat and didn't see that he had posted anything bizarre in that game on Day 0/Day 1. I guess I don't understand what you think I would gain by not telling the truth about something like that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Illyria »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

CLEARLY NOOOOT
I was trying to ignore that, but since you brought it up. If you have to ask doodlebug.. then no. :nicenod:

I voted for you because you took the time to post in here twice and neither of them were very on topic or helpful.

This is a tough poll for me, as Glory is my all time gave Canon Buffy Big Bad. However, as she has to win it all I do not think I want to give her any power if that is what we are doing. My only pause for voting The Mayor is just the post before, it sounded so much like The Master crawling out of that crypt (though that is not what happens in the show he gets stuck in a dimension and cant get into Sunnydale without killing Buffy by drinking her.)

And now i am worried that if we vote for him Buffy is gonna get hurt. Good grief. I forgot how crazy making this can be.

Sigh. I am gonna think some more and go back to work.
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Illyria »

So Lap voted for Glory, but I searched their posts and I could not find why?? Did I miss it? Neither did SpeedChuck that I saw.

I am going to wait and see if my antiquated way of searching posts is not how it is done anymore but.. I am pinged by that somewhat.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Howdy y'all! What'd I miss?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

Illyria wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

CLEARLY NOOOOT
I was trying to ignore that, but since you brought it up. If you have to ask doodlebug.. then no. :nicenod:

I voted for you because you took the time to post in here twice and neither of them were very on topic or helpful.

This is a tough poll for me, as Glory is my all time gave Canon Buffy Big Bad. However, as she has to win it all I do not think I want to give her any power if that is what we are doing. My only pause for voting The Mayor is just the post before, it sounded so much like The Master crawling out of that crypt (though that is not what happens in the show he gets stuck in a dimension and cant get into Sunnydale without killing Buffy by drinking her.)

And now i am worried that if we vote for him Buffy is gonna get hurt. Good grief. I forgot how crazy making this can be.

Sigh. I am gonna think some more and go back to work.
While the Master does not have a role, Illy raises an excellent point.

Somehow all these answers to relate back to the roles in some way. :shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm Howdy y'all! What'd I miss?
Been busy in your scum cave I see.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:30 pm
We've upgraded to a den, dude. Get with the times.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Illyria[/mention] there's an isolate button next to everyone's posts that will show that person's posts in the thread. But yeah no lap hasn't given an answer for her glory vote.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:30 pm
We've upgraded to a den, dude. Get with the times.
Fancy
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm @Illyria there's an isolate button next to everyone's posts that will show that person's posts in the thread. But yeah no lap hasn't given an answer for her glory vote.
Uh..she's cute af that's why
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

Any thoughts about the game lapluie?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 pm Any thoughts about the game lapluie?
nothing really so drastic or anything of use to say other than I'm just observing everyone & everything that has been coming up, having neutral vibes off so far, as I cannot read players well given that I don't know many of you yet, so yep.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

As for drwilgy, I guess he's just being wilgy??? If that makes sense .. played with him last game & he's been this way, which seemed suspicious but he was not bad.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DFaraday »

I wish Lorab had spoiler tagged all of that. I mean, I'm familiar front and back with the whole series, but for someone who isn't pretty much every plot point is spoiled in there. Also I voted the Mayor because he was just really fun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 pm I wish Lorab had spoiler tagged all of that. I mean, I'm familiar front and back with the whole series, but for someone who isn't pretty much every plot point is spoiled in there. Also I voted the Mayor because he was just really fun.
I mean, there are plenty of plots that I didn't mention, lol. Also, it ended just under 15 years ago--I think of that as outside of the statute of limitations. And we're in a Buffy game, so spoilers are kind of a given.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think it's fair to say that DFaraday and LoRab aren't teammates otherwise that gripe would have been made privately. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Night 1

Post by Long Con »

Masterful Ploy

"She's not coming," lamented the Master. "I need her blood in order to re-enter your dimension, and... she's just going to stay away?"

"We tried," whined Darla, "She has kicked our butts every time we tried to grab her. I went to threaten her mom and sister, and that little witch tricked me with an illusion - I was trying to drag a fire hydrant!"

"A what?" said the Master in confusion. "Never mind, what are we going to do?"

"Well, I have an idea," a booming voice echoed through the cave, "maybe we should try using our brains?"

The Master stood in indignation. "Who dares...?" He stopped short when he saw Angelus, leaning against the wall and smirking. "Ah, my most valued servant, you... have something to share?"

"Sure do, boss," Angelus nodded cockily. "You see, in this day and age, we have something called blood donation. People let the sweet nectar flow right out of their veins and into bags for storage. Like big juice boxes!"

"Yes, yes," whispered the Master eagerly. "You will bring me some of this blood immedi-"

"Just wait," Angelus held up a finger. "It gets better. You see, you need Slayer blood to get free of this place, right? Well, it just so happens that Buffy donated blood just last month... a fact that the clinic nurse would have been delighted to share with me, if she hadn't been dealing with a lack of her own blood at the time." He leered evilly.

"Well, perfect!" The Master's eyes were wide with anticipation. "Did you bring me a - a Slayer juice box?"

"No," Angelus held the silence for a moment, enjoying the Master's confusion. He reached down and pulled a bound and gagged Jackofhearts2005 forward, tossing him on the ground. "I went one better - the records showed that this poor sap needed blood just last month, and he received Buffy's. He has Slayer blood flowing in his veins!"

Jack's eyes widened and he began to squirm in fear and panic as the Master descended upon him, sinking his ancient fangs in and drinking deep, until Jack was no more than a withered husk. No sooner had he raised his head from the warm feast, when the shimmering dimensional barrier that had trapped him for centuries shivered, warped, and vanished.

The Master's eyes sparkled with the promise of freedom after centuries of imprisonment. Even as he took his first tentative steps toward the sparkling night sky above, he felt a burning within his veins. It grew, becoming unbearable, and he cried out as he looked at his pale hands, beginning to dissolve and flake away like ashes.

"Oh!" laughed Angelus jovially. "Also, I injected him with silver nitrate before I brought him in here. Thought it would give him that sriracha kind of flavour!" He looked directly into the Master's eyes as he dissolved, and growled, "There is no way I would ever let you gain a foothold out there again - your time is long gone, this world is MINE!"

"Oi!" cried Spike from the cave entrance. "Where's the blue-glowy-wall thing gone? I grabbed this bloke 'cause he received blood Buffy donated, and-"

"Too late, Spike!" taunted Angelus. "And it's a moot point anyway, since The Master is no longer taking house calls."

Spike looked down at a terrified Marmot. "Bloody hell. Don't need you any more then, do I?" And with that, he snapped Marmot's neck.

Riley sprinted, shouting into his communicator as he rounded another corner. "Just, just keep him there! Whatever you do, don't let Adam-"

"Easy for you to say!" came the voice from the other side. "This thing is a nightmare, he's slaughtering my men!"

"Don't worry," Riley responded. "I'm already there!" He crashed through the metal doors onto a balcony above an Initiative hangar, where Adam was systematically killing the soldiers who were lined up to fight him.

Without hesitation, Riley took the experimental Transwarp Generator from a pocket and leapt over the railing, crashing down onto the towering Frankensteinlike monster. As he hit Adam, Riley planted the Generator smack in the middle of his back before landing with a sharp crack and an awkward attempt to roll. His arm was broken for sure, possibly a rib or two as well.

Fighting through the pain to remain conscious, Riley was able to make his eyes focus enough to see the entire hulking form of Adam get consumed by blue energy, before fading away completely.

Riley sighed, and let his consciousness slip away as medics rushed to his side. Adam was dead, and in record time... maybe the Initiative might let him take a little vacation.

"But... but why?" DrWilgy pleaded in confusion. "I never did anything to you!"

Glory cocked her head. "I know, I just think it's fun! Are you even a real doctor? Maybe you can fix yourself!"

Night 1 has ended.

Jackofhearts was killed by the Vampires.

Marmot has been killed by Spike.

Timmer has been killed by Riley.

DrWilgy has been killed by Glory.

It is now Day 2, you have 24 hours to lynch somebody.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 2)

Post by MacDougall »

Wow
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay so first thing that jumps out is that Spike killed someone successfully. That means he just killed a non human so we can narrow down who Marmot was that way.

Willow (or do witches count as humans?)
Oz
Any of the mafia
Spike
Sweet
The mayor (maybe)
Adam
Glory

Very high likelihood that Spike just managed to kill an anti-civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Riley Finn - As part as the Initiative, he is looking to catch all Demons. He is looking for Adam in particular. Riley will choose a player each night, and when he finds a vampire or demon, they will be blocked. If Riley chooses Adam, Adam will be killed.

Wow good shot...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 am Okay so first thing that jumps out is that Spike killed someone successfully. That means he just killed a non human so we can narrow down who Marmot was that way.

Oz
Any of the mafia
Spike
Sweet
The mayor (maybe)
Adam
Glory

Very high likelihood that Spike just managed to kill an anti-civ.
I suppose it's fairly unlikely for Spike to kill himself though. And since it would appear that Riley was only able to kill Adam and did then that reduces the pool here a bit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Did Jack even post? That itself could be a clue. iirc there are certain players who are more inclined to kill low posters. Any thoughts?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 1)

Post by MacDougall »

Tranq wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm
Ambray wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:06 pm I don't think there was anything too suspicious of the Loop voters because there were valid reasons. Tbf, my vote probably would've ended there also.
Tranq wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 pm I don't see anything wrong with the Loop voters, and probably would've switched mine aswell had i been around.
Methinks thou doth protest/mindmeld too much.

No, seriously, are you answering a question here? Because I don't see it being asked, and these posts sound more like excuses and justifications than observations or reads.
I didn't see a question asked. Just my thoughts on the lynch after reading the new posts.
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:16 pm
Tranq wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 pm @ Hosts: Was the lynch a tie?
There may have been a tie. Not all factors that could affect the lynch outcome are necessarily public, so I can't answer that.
The story didn't make it sound like there was a tie. If i remember well, LC story posts usually mention this.

If there wasn't one, it could be because DrWilgy is Angelus and several of his votes got deflected.
Or because Darla is one of the Loop voters.
Or because Dawn Summers used a -1 or a +1
Or because of secrets.

Thoughts?
Possible explanation for why Glory killed Wilgy? Maybe Glory is playing pro-civ and took a shot at Angelus?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glory

Glory is a goddess from an evil dimension. Attempts to detect Glory will result in a false and innocuous reading. Attempts to kill her at night will mostly fail - only the Slayer can kill her. Glory gets one kill every other night, and she must outlive everyone to win.

So Marmot not Glory.

That would leave

Oz
Any of the mafia
Sweet
The mayor (maybe)

Excellent chance that Marmot was anti-town. Even Oz seems to have anti-town qualities tbh. Thanks Spike.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Night 1

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 amJackofhearts was killed by the Vampires.

Marmot has been killed by Spike.

Timmer has been killed by Riley.

DrWilgy has been killed by Glory.

holy shit
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

Whoa
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”