Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 2)

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:36 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm @Tranq Mind explaining your vote on me ?
Tranq has gone for the night as he said in his last post. He explained his vote for you in another post - have you read them? You haven't made any posts besides this one since Day 0 and it kinda feels like you are avoiding the game because you are posting elsewhere. S~V~S asked you your thoughts on the game but you haven't responded. It would be helpful to me if you would. I can see why Tranq voted for you and I could consider a vote here as well.

link
I must have missed them then. I'm not really avoiding the game, I'm just a quiet player and don't post unless I have something to contribute. At the moment, I don't and that's why you haven't heard my thoughts. Also, S-V-S never mentioned me in a post or I didn't get the notification.

Me posting in another game and not in this one doesn't mean anything. You could always check that game and you'd see that I didn't post early in the game when I didn't have anything to add.
I did check the other game and you posted 18 times on Day 0 and Day 1/Night 1, most of that on Day 0. You even gave a read on someone as being suspicious. I'll agree that you didn't say a whole lot but you were a lot more active than you've been here.

linki
What about after D1 ? I'm sure you've seen my activity during those phases. You shouldn't be comparing Day1/Night1 of this game with the other game or any of the other games for the matter. It all depends on if I have something to contribute/say or not. I didn't and still don't for now.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

Sorry, I defiantly did not get drunk and spill shit all over my keyboard and fry anything. :|
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm @Tranq Mind explaining your vote on me ?
Tranq has gone for the night as he said in his last post. He explained his vote for you in another post - have you read them? You haven't made any posts besides this one since Day 0 and it kinda feels like you are avoiding the game because you are posting elsewhere. S~V~S asked you your thoughts on the game but you haven't responded. It would be helpful to me if you would. I can see why Tranq voted for you and I could consider a vote here as well.

link
I must have missed them then. I'm not really avoiding the game, I'm just a quiet player and don't post unless I have something to contribute. At the moment, I don't and that's why you haven't heard my thoughts. Also, S-V-S never mentioned me in a post or I didn't get the notification.

Me posting in another game and not in this one doesn't mean anything. You could always check that game and you'd see that I didn't post early in the game when I didn't have anything to add.
I tend not to use the mention function; this is my first game back for a 6 month or so break and we did not have it back them. I also work on the assumption that people read the thread. Sorry about that.

Not sure if you realized but the host in this game penalizes for missed votes.
You're assumption is right, I do read the thread and try to keep up with it. As should anyone. However, I missed your mention and I just did an iso on you to find it. You actually asked twice but they were buried in a post not addressing me. I must have been not paying much attention.

Just tag me next time you want to hear from me. Or vote me up, I wont' miss that.
If you're reading the thread how did you miss Tranq's explanation of his vote for you? I guess you didn't even check his ISO before you made the post asking him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 pm

link

I did check the other game and you posted 18 times on Day 0 and Day 1/Night 1, most of that on Day 0. You even gave a read on someone as being suspicious. I'll agree that you didn't say a whole lot but you were a lot more active than you've been here.

linki
What about after D1 ? I'm sure you've seen my activity during those phases. You shouldn't be comparing Day1/Night1 of this game with the other game or any of the other games for the matter. It all depends on if I have something to contribute/say or not. I didn't and still don't for now.
I was mostly looking at Day 0 versus Day 0 because thats where most of your posts were in that game. I will keep in mind what you've said. You're a new player to me and all I know is that one comparison.

Also, can you tell me why you didn't vote on Day 1? I noticed when I went to the other game that nutella explained to you there the culture surrounding voting here and the fact that some hosts punish for not voting which is exactly what's happened here. I don't mean to harass you with these questions, it's just my style to ask.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

rabbit8 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm Sorry, I defiantly did not get drunk and spill shit all over my keyboard and fry anything. :|
A likely story. :suspish:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Night 0)

Post by MacDougall »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
lol, I like it. But you can easily say you never saw it. :eye:

SVS is bad TBH. :nicenod:

And Tranq. :srsnod:
SVS has since made a lot of posts. So how you feel about her now?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pmYeah you said that before about how you thought Speedchuck was a bad lynch. I am beginning to feel like a bad person for actually having suspects... in a Mafia game. Has having suspects gone out of fashion while I was not playing?
Suspecting people is incredibly cool but thinking critically about all angles of every situation and sometimes getting really anxious about it is also very cool, some might say, even cooler.
I am thinking critically about it, Kyle. This is a game where we pick apart the minutiae of each others posts, after all. All you are saying is, "Anyone but Chuck".

Give me an alternative. Ambray is not coming back, she's in Europe. Chuck started off with one vote as a penalty for not voting yesterday. So he has 2 votes that aren't going anywhere. Nutella is coming back, too. (linki, no she is here)

Who else do you propose?

Linki [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] You are required to vote in this game; you already have one penalty vote for missing yesterdays vote. Civvies vote and they make informed votes. This is why someone who says they have nothing to add would seem like you are not paying attention to the thread; can you see why people might find that suspect? Do you see my point?

Linki again yes, SVS HAS made alot of posts :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
lol, I like it. But you can easily say you never saw it. :eye:

SVS is bad TBH. :nicenod:

And Tranq. :srsnod:
SVS has since made a lot of posts. So how you feel about her now?
Dude, I'ma catch up by tonight and post some drunk wild theories. Maybe. Or I'll fall asleep trying to catch up and will likely still think shes bad, cause, ~~~~~~S~~~~V~~~~~~S~~~~~. That may or may not be a secret code. :nicenod:
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Illyria »

link

linki
NoVa, I have been out of this for almost a year and I am getting pinged by people. You have to have some kind of reaction to someone by now, that is what we are looking for here.
rabbit8 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm Sorry, I defiantly did not get drunk and spill shit all over my keyboard and fry anything. :|
No sirreeebob. :noble:

I have to say that right now, the people dodging the direct questions are making my radar go nuts. Specifically, Lap and NoVa, I am not expecting a monster post (though nice one La!) from you-- but this is speed mafia and moves a lot faster. We need you to move faster too, especially if you are civvie. Can you at least give us a name or two of someone you find suspicious and why?
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 pm

link

linki
I was mostly looking at Day 0 versus Day 0 because thats where most of your posts were in that game. I will keep in mind what you've said. You're a new player to me and all I know is that one comparison.

Also, can you tell me why you didn't vote on Day 1? I noticed when I went to the other game that nutella explained to you there the culture surrounding voting here and the fact that some hosts punish for not voting which is exactly what's happened here. I don't mean to harass you with these questions, it's just my style to ask.
I don't vote unless I have a lynch target. I just don't like to vote for the sake of voting or sheeping. She did but as I understood it, it's a culture thing and I haven't seen anything about it in the rules. I've played in games where no-voting resulted as a self-vote. I'm ok with that when I don't have a clear lynch target.

It's really no problem at all. You can ask any questions you may have.
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 pm

link

I tend not to use the mention function; this is my first game back for a 6 month or so break and we did not have it back them. I also work on the assumption that people read the thread. Sorry about that.

Not sure if you realized but the host in this game penalizes for missed votes.
You're assumption is right, I do read the thread and try to keep up with it. As should anyone. However, I missed your mention and I just did an iso on you to find it. You actually asked twice but they were buried in a post not addressing me. I must have been not paying much attention.

Just tag me next time you want to hear from me. Or vote me up, I wont' miss that.
If you're reading the thread how did you miss Tranq's explanation of his vote for you? I guess you didn't even check his ISO before you made the post asking him.
Well the first thing that pops up when opening the thread is the poll. I noticed his vote on me and asked him before doing anything less. I would have still asked him the same questions had I read his reasons. No harm in him telling them directly to me even if he repeats himself.
novaselinenever
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pmYeah you said that before about how you thought Speedchuck was a bad lynch. I am beginning to feel like a bad person for actually having suspects... in a Mafia game. Has having suspects gone out of fashion while I was not playing?
Suspecting people is incredibly cool but thinking critically about all angles of every situation and sometimes getting really anxious about it is also very cool, some might say, even cooler.
I am thinking critically about it, Kyle. This is a game where we pick apart the minutiae of each others posts, after all. All you are saying is, "Anyone but Chuck".

Give me an alternative. Ambray is not coming back, she's in Europe. Chuck started off with one vote as a penalty for not voting yesterday. So he has 2 votes that aren't going anywhere. Nutella is coming back, too. (linki, no she is here)

Who else do you propose?

Linki @novaselinenever You are required to vote in this game; you already have one penalty vote for missing yesterdays vote. Civvies vote and they make informed votes. This is why someone who says they have nothing to add would seem like you are not paying attention to the thread; can you see why people might find that suspect? Do you see my point?

What is a penalty vote ?

I don't see your point, because I doubt a non-civil would be honest about it. He/She would most likely try to blend in. I don't really suspect people who are mostly inactive or low posters.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] the penalty vote was mentioned in the lynch post. Everyone who missed the vote on D1 started D2 with a vote on them. You have an extra vote against you.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:26 pm I have an overwhelming desire to vote for speedchuck but I think it's because of Mortal Kombat :p
It is bleeding over pretty bad
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Someone tell me who to vote for.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:58 pm Someone tell me who to vote for.
See my long quotey post about speedchuck and see what you think :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

Who are you skeptical about?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Or vote for Nova since two people will be lynched anyway
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm Yeah SVS it's true Speed never went after the Loop voters. He went after the people who missed the vote and then said they would have voted for Loop (or at least that was the case for Ambray... apparently Tranq voted but for rabbit and later said he would have switched to loop if he'd been around) but yeah to be fair you are kind of putting words in his mouth. I do find him suspicious for the other reasons you have pointed out though (his eagerness to jump on those players and his vote for juliets / general eagerness to find easy suspects)
How is it that you can feel like SVS is putting words in speedchuck's mouth but not be sceptical of her because of it? That seems like the kind of nugget one would require to formulate a read in a game of clandestine murder and betrayal such as this.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Who else do you propose?

Linki @novaselinenever You are required to vote in this game; you already have one penalty vote for missing yesterdays vote. Civvies vote and they make informed votes. This is why someone who says they have nothing to add would seem like you are not paying attention to the thread; can you see why people might find that suspect? Do you see my point?

What is a penalty vote ?

I don't see your point, because I doubt a non-civil would be honest about it. He/She would most likely try to blend in. I don't really suspect people who are mostly inactive or low posters.
Not voting is a way to blend and to avoid having opinions. Not having opinions means no one pays attention to you and you skate. So this group tends to demand opinions and votes in order to determine who is who. Tracking votes and opinions is literally how we play for the most part, although hosts are free to do different mechanics if they choose.

Becasue so few people voted yesterday, everyone who did not vote got started today with a vote. It is in the lynch post from yesterday. You started with one vote, you have one vote so now you have two votes. Two people are being lynched today, and since the other two people with one vote voted, as of right now, you are one of the two.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

I feel like that could be DF being mafia, but I don't see why Nutella would defend him unless they're both mafia members. Which seems odd.

linki: nutella is just pinging my scumradar/gut read
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 am I wanted to see how Mac reacted to a vote, honestly it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I was talking about the Indies/Glory as a whole the only reason Spike stuck out was because he could be flipped to mafia. I'm guessing that if he can be recruited to the mafia team he could also be recruited to the civs it even mentions his love for Buffy.

I see no reason to suspect me for anything, if I'm mafia as some are guessing why would I be advertising for spike? The mafia are the ones who search for him not the other way around. I'm just saying he could be a bigger threat then the other independents since we know for a fact he's a traitor role who has two kills. Now I'm not advocating indy hunting, just pointing out the roles aren't inherently prove civ.
Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm
Drusilla - Her dreams will tell her the role of one player of her choosing each night. If she finds Spike, he will join their team.

Spike - He has two anytime kills. He has a modification chip and can’t kill any humans. If he targets a human his kill will fail. His love for Buffy is undying… *secrets* =

Someone mentioned the mayor, I don't think he can become a civ due to this wording.

Black Rock wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm Faith Lehane - Faith will find out who one player is targeting each night. If Faith tracks the Mayor, she will join him in his Win Condition. *secrets*

This implies Faith will stop being a civ and become an independent with the mayor.

I never trust this line. I couldn’t give a fuck about the rest of the post.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

That row of "and" looks very pleasing svs
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And SVS seems to be being very aggressive this game? I'm not sure what to think of it.

linki: I don't see your hang up unless you're Spike. :shrug:
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Fuck I just realized I have to vote today. Um, I'ma go as fast as I can.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 pm And SVS seems to be being very aggressive this game? I'm not sure what to think of it.

linki: I don't see your hang up unless you're Spike. :shrug:
Don't care about Spike, just that line.
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm @novaselinenever the penalty vote was mentioned in the lynch post. Everyone who missed the vote on D1 started D2 with a vote on them. You have an extra vote against you.
Well, I missed that too. Thank you.

A question though, do they accumulate ? For example, if someone already has a vote penalty on them and proceeds to not vote again. Would they have 2 votes on them next day phase ?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm Yeah SVS it's true Speed never went after the Loop voters. He went after the people who missed the vote and then said they would have voted for Loop (or at least that was the case for Ambray... apparently Tranq voted but for rabbit and later said he would have switched to loop if he'd been around) but yeah to be fair you are kind of putting words in his mouth. I do find him suspicious for the other reasons you have pointed out though (his eagerness to jump on those players and his vote for juliets / general eagerness to find easy suspects)
How is it that you can feel like SVS is putting words in speedchuck's mouth but not be sceptical of her because of it? That seems like the kind of nugget one would require to formulate a read in a game of clandestine murder and betrayal such as this.
wait what? I never said anything about my read on SVS.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

lapluie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm @laplulie i noticed while isoing that there've been a couple people asking you for suspects that you haven't gotten around to answering yet, do you have any?
hey, my name is not paulie although that woulda been cool. I suppose the tags aren't working in favours as I'm not really seeing much notifications following up to me.
right now it's DFaraday, I've explained why in response to svs..I believe
lapluie, I'm looking for this post you reference explaining why you voted DFaraday specifically but I can't find it. Others voted loop so how did you pick out Faraday? I believe several people have asked you about this. If I missed the relevant post in your iso I apologize but please point it out to me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lapluie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Who are you skeptical about?
nutella but I tend to surface read her Mafia all the time and her effort posts seem civ. SVS pinged me at some point when I was skimming the thread but I can't figure out what it was. I either am having trouble comprehending but I don't see what is so scummy in speedchuck's posts. This looks like a very sincere bunch. I might need to do a fairly thorough read through again.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm I feel like that could be DF being mafia, but I don't see why Nutella would defend him unless they're both mafia members. Which seems odd.

linki: nutella is just pinging my scumradar/gut read
It bothered me that people were jumping to conclusions about a "slip" because it seemed highly unlikely and an opportunistic thing to jump on. When something like that has a perfectly reasonable explanation I like to point it out and make sure people realize it.

Why else am I pinging you?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Ok wait
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm
That's the point. You say that she put words in speedchuck's mouth but I haven't seen an utterance of a negative read on her. That's the kind of thing that usually creates a ping and a mafia read for me. Misrepresenting people is how scum make cases.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm @novaselinenever the penalty vote was mentioned in the lynch post. Everyone who missed the vote on D1 started D2 with a vote on them. You have an extra vote against you.

A question though, do they accumulate ? For example, if someone already has a vote penalty on them and proceeds to not vote again. Would they have 2 votes on them next day phase ?
That's up to the hosts. They might or might not give you an answer. Really it would be smartest and safest of you to just use your vote and stop being unreasonably contentious about it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm done. I don't have time to defend against arguments that don't exist, and I apparently can't start up discussion toward lynching someone else without getting suspected.

I recognize Nutella came in and gave some reasons that I'm supposedly bad. The tone of the argument she gave has me waffling on my read of her, even if her arguments are full of it. I regret nothing that I have done in this game.
That's my meta. I never get suspected early in the game when I'm scum. Why? Because I know what I'm doing when scum. This is going to keep my meta rock solid, looks like.

SVS has left me no avenue for escape. There is probably scum on my train.

Good luck with the nightkills, because the only thing you're going to get with your lynches at this rate is shot in the foot, over and over again.

I leave with one concession, toward [mention]nutella[/mention] and [mention]S~V~S[/mention]. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.

Strong Townreads: Sig, Kylemii
Light townreads: Macdougall, Lorab, lapluie
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]macdougall[/mention] to be honest, I thought he was going to go for them before he went for the Loop voter defenders, but he was kind of headed off at the pass. Same with the Loop voter defenders. I worded it poorly, and I think both Chuck and Nutella knew what I meant. His very first post after the lynch, about how did Loop get islynched, felt like a gauntlet to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I'm done. I don't have time to defend against arguments that don't exist, and I apparently can't start up discussion toward lynching someone else without getting suspected.

I recognize Nutella came in and gave some reasons that I'm supposedly bad. The tone of the argument she gave has me waffling on my read of her, even if her arguments are full of it. I regret nothing that I have done in this game.
That's my meta. I never get suspected early in the game when I'm scum. Why? Because I know what I'm doing when scum. This is going to keep my meta rock solid, looks like.

Good luck with the nightkills, because the only thing you're going to get with your lynches at this rate is shot in the foot, over and over again.

I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.

Hmmm smells like a scummy gambit.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:08 pm
That's the point. You say that she put words in speedchuck's mouth but I haven't seen an utterance of a negative read on her. That's the kind of thing that usually creates a ping and a mafia read for me. Misrepresenting people is how scum make cases.
Oh, well other than that I've gotten a civ vibe from SVS. I think it is more likely she was either misremembering or wording things badly than deliberately putting words in his mouth, I just made this post to set the record straight.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I'm done. I don't have time to defend against arguments that don't exist, and I apparently can't start up discussion toward lynching someone else without getting suspected.

I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.

Hmmm smells like a scummy gambit.
Can't exactly hurt my situation, now can it? It's true, and you'll find out either at my flip or by tomorrow
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm @macdougall to be honest, I thought he was going to go for them before he went for the Loop voter defenders, but he was kind of headed off at the pass. Same with the Loop voter defenders. I worded it poorly, and I think both Chuck and Nutella knew what I meant. His very first post after the lynch, about how did Loop get islynched, felt like a gauntlet to me.
I'm sorry I don't follow. You thought he was going for who before? And what post did he make after the lynch are you referring to? I can't find one that fits... Are you talking about speedchuck or someone else?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.
Oh god I hate this kind of thing.... because I always want to believe it and give it a chance. But I feel like it's also a classic way to get out of a lynch... and what if some secret ability he has can fake-"townfirm" him?

Ugh okay I think I'll move my vote to nova and give you the chance if you survive today. But if I'm not convinced after the night phase you're toast.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm

That's up to the hosts. They might or might not give you an answer. Really it would be smartest and safest of you to just use your vote and stop being unreasonably contentious about it.
So I'm being unreasonably contentious for playing differently and asking a few questions. That's fair.

Anyway thank you for the help.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:08 pm
Oh, well other than that I've gotten a civ vibe from SVS. I think it is more likely she was either misremembering or wording things badly than deliberately putting words in his mouth, I just made this post to set the record straight.
Well you and I play the game very differently I guess. Something like that would make SVS my top scum read. :shrug:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm @macdougall to be honest, I thought he was going to go for them before he went for the Loop voter defenders, but he was kind of headed off at the pass. Same with the Loop voter defenders. I worded it poorly, and I think both Chuck and Nutella knew what I meant. His very first post after the lynch, about how did Loop get islynched, felt like a gauntlet to me.
I'm sorry I don't follow. You thought he was going for who before? And what post did he make after the lynch are you referring to? I can't find one that fits... Are you talking about speedchuck or someone else?
She means that she thought speed was accusing the loop voters when he asked for a tldr on why loop was lynched
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.
Oh god I hate this kind of thing.... because I always want to believe it and give it a chance. But I feel like it's also a classic way to get out of a lynch... and what if some secret ability he has can fake-"townfirm" him?

Ugh okay I think I'll move my vote to nova and give you the chance if you survive today. But if I'm not convinced after the night phase you're toast.
Huge wtf.

You can't allow gambits like that to work. It's like negotiating with terrorists. Next thing every lynch candidate is going to post that and we'll only be left lynching people who can't defend themselves.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DFaraday »

I made a post that seemed to have gotten lost, but basically I read the roles on Day 1 and today I misremembered how Dru worked.
Lap, I too would like to know why my reason stood out to you from the Loop voters.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Huge wtf.

You can't allow gambits like that to work. It's like negotiating with terrorists. Next thing every lynch candidate is going to post that and we'll only be left lynching people who can't defend themselves.
Well, in this specific situation, with this setup and specifically from speedchuck, I believe it. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 1)

Post by sig »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 pm Voting Wilgy because although he is often goofy I feel like he usually says at least something somewhat on topic by now, and because I don't want to vote out Loop before they have had a chance to play-- but please @Loop don't be shy, you can't just vote to play you have to post
This post is weird, but seeing how Loop didn't flip mafia it isn't as bad as earlier. I still find it strange you voted for Wilgy when he's never on topic day 1. Are you Glory. :ponder:

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm Or vote for Nova since two people will be lynched anyway

I'm not sure I like this, why Nova? Is there a reason for this vote or just because they're not as active.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm temporarily voting for Speed, I don't like nutella's switch or her reasoning.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm temporarily voting for Speed, I don't like nutella's switch or her reasoning.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”