Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 2)

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm @macdougall to be honest, I thought he was going to go for them before he went for the Loop voter defenders, but he was kind of headed off at the pass. Same with the Loop voter defenders. I worded it poorly, and I think both Chuck and Nutella knew what I meant. His very first post after the lynch, about how did Loop get islynched, felt like a gauntlet to me.
I'm sorry I don't follow. You thought he was going for who before? And what post did he make after the lynch are you referring to? I can't find one that fits... Are you talking about speedchuck or someone else?
She means that she thought speed was accusing the loop voters when he asked for a tldr on why loop was lynched
Is the perception that he was going to do it and then backed down the reason for the suspicion?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Voting nutella. She is giving me lots of heebie-jeebies.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 64

Post by sig »

Though an issue I'm having right now is that I don't like the original case agaisnt Speed, brought to us by SVS. However, I also don't like that nutella switched off based on the town firm thing.

linki: I'm feeling that, but still not sure.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Mmmmm I just read the roles again and am not so sure I trust speed anymore... I don't see a way he could be telling the truth unless it's in buffy's secrets or whatever the mystery xander power is.

Also when rereading them I just noticed how the Anya role is worded and is that something we're all supposed to do? send wishes? I must have missed that, and I'm not sure I understand it
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I don't like rabbits vote on me, it seems like a good way to avoid EOD. Like we've got a virtual 3 way tie and he votes for me based off of one line I said day 1?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We're lynching two people right?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm going to go ahead and put a pressure vote on lapluie to explain how she narrowed down the Loop voters to DFaraday. If I missed her explanation for this I want her to point it out. If thats explained to my satisfaction I will probably vote for nova. It really looks like he is not reading the game as he has missed so many things and that to me is suspicious.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm @macdougall to be honest, I thought he was going to go for them before he went for the Loop voter defenders, but he was kind of headed off at the pass. Same with the Loop voter defenders. I worded it poorly, and I think both Chuck and Nutella knew what I meant. His very first post after the lynch, about how did Loop get islynched, felt like a gauntlet to me.
I'm sorry I don't follow. You thought he was going for who before? And what post did he make after the lynch are you referring to? I can't find one that fits... Are you talking about speedchuck or someone else?
I was talking about the post you were talking to nutella about about putting words in Chucks mouth. I m on tablet, and there has been lots of linki, I should have quoted it not just responded inline.

Also [mention]sig[/mention], I am always aggressive, I toned it down before I went on break, but not that much. For while I intentionally toned my civ game down to make my bad game better, less contrast. Since I don't plan on playing many games,that is not something that concerns me anymore.

linki @ mac again, part of it, but it all just felt opportunistic to me. Like, "Ah ha a mislynch, easy opportunity1" And I am in for a dime in for a dollar, I am leaving my vote. This is my party, I will deal with the mess if there is one. But I still think he's bad bad bad

linki AGAIN YET AGAIN!!! Yes, two people, and anyone who didn't vote yesterday starts today with a vote.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 1)

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:20 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 pm Voting Wilgy because although he is often goofy I feel like he usually says at least something somewhat on topic by now, and because I don't want to vote out Loop before they have had a chance to play-- but please @Loop don't be shy, you can't just vote to play you have to post
This post is weird, but seeing how Loop didn't flip mafia it isn't as bad as earlier. I still find it strange you voted for Wilgy when he's never on topic day 1. Are you Glory. :ponder:

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm Or vote for Nova since two people will be lynched anyway

I'm not sure I like this, why Nova? Is there a reason for this vote or just because they're not as active.
Nope, not Glory. I voted for Wilgy primarily because he was up against Loop and I wanted to give Loop a chance to play, and I felt I had enough reason to vote Wilgy because he usually says at least *something* on topic D1.

And I'm cool with voting Nova because he does not seem to be playing with a civ mindset. The first on topic post he made since Day 0 was when he noticed there was a vote on him and he asked for a reason when it had already been given -- like he only felt the need to say anything when he was getting votes. And he keeps defending his lack of content and votes even though it has been explained to him dozens of times now why it is counterproductive.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Juliets random off wagon vote on lapluie who has random off wagon voted DFaraday who has been around but hasn't posted much and has yet to vote. Interesting little series of events.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 pm Juliets random off wagon vote on lapluie who has random off wagon voted DFaraday who has been around but hasn't posted much and has yet to vote. Interesting little series of events.
Why do you call my vote "random"? It is not random at all.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 pm Juliets random off wagon vote on lapluie who has random off wagon voted DFaraday who has been around but hasn't posted much and has yet to vote. Interesting little series of events.
Lol sorry random is used in a non literal sense by us hip young tastemakers.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Random
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:31 pm
Lol sorry random is used in a non literal sense by us hip young tastemakers.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Random
Hahahahaha!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I'm done. I don't have time to defend against arguments that don't exist, and I apparently can't start up discussion toward lynching someone else without getting suspected.

I recognize Nutella came in and gave some reasons that I'm supposedly bad. The tone of the argument she gave has me waffling on my read of her, even if her arguments are full of it. I regret nothing that I have done in this game.
That's my meta. I never get suspected early in the game when I'm scum. Why? Because I know what I'm doing when scum. This is going to keep my meta rock solid, looks like.

SVS has left me no avenue for escape. There is probably scum on my train.

Good luck with the nightkills, because the only thing you're going to get with your lynches at this rate is shot in the foot, over and over again.

I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.

Strong Townreads: Sig, Kylemii
Light townreads: Macdougall, Lorab, lapluie
I don't think that I believe that you're Willow, which is the only role that would make sense.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So did a quick ISO of juliets she did jump on DF, which after looking over does seem odd. Besides that she has given us alot of Game information, but not that much in way of reads. She's also asked a fair amount of questions which I like.

[mention]Juliet[/mention] Could you give me your top 3 civ/mafia reads.

SVS you shouldn't leave! Stick around play lots of game. :nicenod:
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm I'm done. I don't have time to defend against arguments that don't exist, and I apparently can't start up discussion toward lynching someone else without getting suspected.

I recognize Nutella came in and gave some reasons that I'm supposedly bad. The tone of the argument she gave has me waffling on my read of her, even if her arguments are full of it. I regret nothing that I have done in this game.
That's my meta. I never get suspected early in the game when I'm scum. Why? Because I know what I'm doing when scum. This is going to keep my meta rock solid, looks like.

Good luck with the nightkills, because the only thing you're going to get with your lynches at this rate is shot in the foot, over and over again.

I leave with one concession, toward @nutella and @S~V~S. If you somehow back off and let me live this one night, I can townfirm myself to you without claiming.

I don't think that I believe that you're Willow, which is the only role that would make sense.
Yeah if this is what he's claiming he's full of shit
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]sig[/mention], I will still play occasionally. I will just be a guest star, not a series regular anymore :D
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:38 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah if this is what he's claiming he's full of shit
That is not what I'm claiming.

Not that I'm claiming.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I find it a little weird that nutella has helped drive this wagon and now isn't on it.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm I'm going to go ahead and put a pressure vote on lapluie to explain how she narrowed down the Loop voters to DFaraday. If I missed her explanation for this I want her to point it out. If thats explained to my satisfaction I will probably vote for nova. It really looks like he is not reading the game as he has missed so many things and that to me is suspicious.
Sorry, this progidous paced game is overwhelming, I read back & found that a few others gave same examples to why their votes were for loop, but DFaraday seemed the most scummy to me, regarding a line of which consisted of saying how those who vote & not partake with interactions are worse than the ones who don't do either.. if I rememeber correctly, which is not true at all. I've played games where this happens quite a bit however loop was genuinely seemingly distraught by the game & lost on how to play, they were new & loop voters took that as bad & proceeded to take advantage.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:44 pm I find it a little weird that nutella has helped drive this wagon and now isn't on it.
Well at this point he's still probably going to be lynched anyway. But I am having doubts. Maybe I'm just gullible but I'd hate to lynch a good town role if he is telling the truth. I just can't quite figure out how he could be from the roles so it's probably something secret and that makes me wary it could be some fake baddie/indie power but.... ugh idk man I just hate when people do claim gambits like this because I always fall for them :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:44 pm I find it a little weird that nutella has helped drive this wagon and now isn't on it.
Yes I find that eerie aswell, what gives?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Yes I find that eerie aswell, what gives?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:36 pm So did a quick ISO of juliets she did jump on DF, which after looking over does seem odd. Besides that she has given us alot of Game information, but not that much in way of reads. She's also asked a fair amount of questions which I like.

@Juliet Could you give me your top 3 civ/mafia reads.

SVS you shouldn't leave! Stick around play lots of game. :nicenod:
I'm reading Lorab, S~V~S, Mac as civ.

I'm reading lap as bad until she provides an explanation for her vote and I can assess whether it's reasonable. I am reading nova as bad for the reasons nutella enumerated and because he seems to not be reading the thread and thats a mafia tell for me. I accept DF's explanation for his Drusilla post so I don't currently see him as mafia. speed chuck I see as orange but I don't think he was jumping on the Loop voters. His passionate post seemed sincere to me except the part where he promised to show he was civ by tomorrow. That part gave me the newbie jeebies. I want to give him the bond for now though.

linki I see lap has posted so I will read it now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pmI am thinking critically about it, Kyle. This is a game where we pick apart the minutiae of each others posts, after all. All you are saying is, "Anyone but Chuck".
I'm not saying you aren't. what I am asking is that you be careful of letting yourself get tunnel vision. Idk if this is still how you are but the svs that I remember rarely changed her mind once she decided on things, but that's what I'm asking for. if you couldn't lynch Speedchuck today then who would you lynch?
Give me an alternative. Ambray is not coming back, she's in Europe. Chuck started off with one vote as a penalty for not voting yesterday. So he has 2 votes that aren't going anywhere. Nutella is coming back, too. (linki, no she is here)

Who else do you propose?
I'll do my best to answer this when I get home. it'll be about 20 minutes.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

[mention]juliets[/mention] I guess I could have voted for anyone else other than DFaraday, but I feel unease about it, is all
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Do we have a list of everyone who didn't vote yesterday?

Linki: [mention]nutella[/mention] I find your lack of defending yourself also jarring. Are you doing the defend by scum hunting thing or what? You're right on the precipice of being lynched here too and have barely batted an eyelid since picking up votes.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: that should be BOTD not "bond"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

lapluie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm I'm going to go ahead and put a pressure vote on lapluie to explain how she narrowed down the Loop voters to DFaraday. If I missed her explanation for this I want her to point it out. If thats explained to my satisfaction I will probably vote for nova. It really looks like he is not reading the game as he has missed so many things and that to me is suspicious.
Sorry, this progidous paced game is overwhelming, I read back & found that a few others gave same examples to why their votes were for loop, but DFaraday seemed the most scummy to me, regarding a line of which consisted of saying how those who vote & not partake with interactions are worse than the ones who don't do either.. if I rememeber correctly, which is not true at all. I've played games where this happens quite a bit however loop was genuinely seemingly distraught by the game & lost on how to play, they were new & loop voters took that as bad & proceeded to take advantage.
if I'm reading this correctly you're saying that drive-by voters who don't post anything are less suspicious than people who don't show up at all? How does that figure?? Someone who has enough motivation to come and drop a vote without saying anything seems likely to be bad, whereas someone who hasn't shown up at all is completely null.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 pm
Well at this point he's still probably going to be lynched anyway. But I am having doubts. Maybe I'm just gullible but I'd hate to lynch a good town role if he is telling the truth. I just can't quite figure out how he could be from the roles so it's probably something secret and that makes me wary it could be some fake baddie/indie power but.... ugh idk man I just hate when people do claim gambits like this because I always fall for them :sigh:
Just in case this is sincerity if I were you I'd just make it a policy to ignore gambits like that. Entertaining gambits like that is going to contribute to the meta of the site moving towards one where they become commonplace and I don't think that's a good thing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lap I don't understand what you mean in the underlined portion but I will go back and look at DF's posts where he voted for Loop and see if I can figure it out. I'll get back to you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 pm Do we have a list of everyone who didn't vote yesterday?

Linki: @nutella I find your lack of defending yourself also jarring. Are you doing the defend by scum hunting thing or what? You're right on the precipice of being lynched here too and have barely batted an eyelid since picking up votes.
To be honest I haven't really noticed that I'm in danger. I don't have a penalty vote so I saw that nova was ahead of me but now I do see that I suddenly have several votes.

Don't lynch me. Seriously. I could say the same thing speedchuck said but you probably wouldn't take that very well. But it's absolutely true for me. I've actually hinted at my role twice already. Also I think Lorab might have an idea of it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 pm I made a post that seemed to have gotten lost, but basically I read the roles on Day 1 and today I misremembered how Dru worked.
Lap, I too would like to know why my reason stood out to you from the Loop voters.
I originally was thinking like LA, but with this answer, I'm not buying it. If you didn't know the show, I'd believe this. But you do--and it makes no sense based on story line that Drusilla would stop being a vampire.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 pm
if I'm reading this correctly you're saying that drive-by voters who don't post anything are less suspicious than people who don't show up at all? How does that figure?? Someone who has enough motivation to come and drop a vote without saying anything seems likely to be bad, whereas someone who hasn't shown up at all is completely null.
Ohhh - is this what you're saying lap?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

In my mind right now, Chuck and DF are the most suspish. Not sure which one to vote for.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 pm
DFaraday wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 pm I made a post that seemed to have gotten lost, but basically I read the roles on Day 1 and today I misremembered how Dru worked.
Lap, I too would like to know why my reason stood out to you from the Loop voters.
I originally was thinking like LA, but with this answer, I'm not buying it. If you didn't know the show, I'd believe this. But you do--and it makes no sense based on story line that Drusilla would stop being a vampire.
Yeah I didn't like DF's answer much either, but more because he said he misremembered it from reading a while ago rather than having misread it quickly. I don't know, somehow just makes less sense to me.

Moved my vote back to speedchuck because I am suddenly in danger. I implore you guys not to lynch me. Really bad idea.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 pm In my mind right now, Chuck and DF are the most suspish. Not sure which one to vote for.
I'd vote for DFaraday. I don't want to lynch nutella.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

From where I left off day 1, I ain't read shit else.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:50 pm So any thoughts yet on this game?
Still pushy as ever. :goofp:
Wanted to start this off right.
Illyria wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:50 pm
DFaraday wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm WHAT. Illy is here???
I am! I late and I am sorry. I forgot about this and I feel terrible. Okay, I think I am caught up now.
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
The what now??

Also, what does it mean that "The lynched will flip. The NK will not" I feel so out of practice right now. Also BOTD??
DFaraday wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm Sig, you got spiky hair? :grin:
Spike doesn't have spiky hair. You may be thinking of Angel. His hair goes straight up and he's bloody stupid.
Huh. One, he does a few times, and that quote made me LOL for real. I dont remember the Buffy Bot being a thing.. Let me check. Could be part of Spikes secret role tho. He is the one who gets her made?
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:52 pm
This actually makes sense to me. In all honesty, I missed that the vampires could recruit Spike. But still, I'm not sure why single him out, of all the indies. As you say here, the Mayor can take a civ away from the civ numbers. In all fairness, I'm going on show knowledge--but I'm guessing the Mayor is more dangerous than Spike.

I still have an eyeball on you, but I'm less suspicious of you than I was last night.
Agreed on the Mayor, I am most concerned about Glory, but the Mayor is next on my list.

It is interesting. The Day post made me think of The Master, but he is not listed. The opening post mentioned the Hydra Monster thingie. We saw the multi headed beast in end of S1 with the Master and again in S3 with the Mayor. I dont know if this is helpful or not but those were my thoughts when I read it.
Not gonna lie, I’m only quoting this because in all the years of annoying the fuck out Illyria, I think this first time I got her to fucking laugh. Boom. I’m done with mafia, sorry all my goals have been reached.
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm The game is about to start so I'm going to go ahead and vote though I may change it later. Per my earlier post I am looking at DFaraday, JackofHearts and Dr. Wilgy. DF has been participating so I'm going to rule him out for that. Dr. Wilgy has only posted one completely off topic post but I guess he's been known to do that according to Kyle (I guess I just haven't noticed) so that leaves Jack who hasn't posted at all. I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jack but does anyone know anything about why he's not here? Like is he on vacation or anything? Maybe my vote will pressure him to participate. I'll try to keep up with reading posts during the game but I don't expect to post.

Soory JC but, :suspish: . I mean I remember this shit from Wigly....... No! no I'm not that old. Never mind, forget it.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 pm The lynch poll ends at 5am my time. As for my vote, i'm considering players that didn't vote in the night poll:

DFaraday
DrWilgy
Illyria
Jackofhearts2005

Or rabbit :D
tranq sdid you explain why missing the d0 poll would be symptomatic of mafia behavior, or is it a participation thing, or is it actually an excuse to vote for rabbit :p
There’s no valid excuse to ever vote for me.
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:16 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm The game is about to start so I'm going to go ahead and vote though I may change it later. Per my earlier post I am looking at DFaraday, JackofHearts and Dr. Wilgy. DF has been participating so I'm going to rule him out for that. Dr. Wilgy has only posted one completely off topic post but I guess he's been known to do that according to Kyle (I guess I just haven't noticed) so that leaves Jack who hasn't posted at all. I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jack but does anyone know anything about why he's not here? Like is he on vacation or anything? Maybe my vote will pressure him to participate. I'll try to keep up with reading posts during the game but I don't expect to post.
Juliets have you never played with Dr Wilgy before? I thought his wildboy tendencies were well known

I also didn't realize Wilgy's sodium nitrate post was his only post.
I have played with Dr. Wilgy before but it's been a long time since I played a true mafia game with him (not Chicka Chicka) and I just can't speak to how he posts from personal experience. I'd have to go back and look. (Wilgy, if you can tell me a game where you were good and one where you were bad I will look at your posts at the beginning of those games.) I just think the potassium nitrate (or was it sodium nitrate?) post being his only post doesn't say a lot about him being civ. I still haven't decided where my final vote will go.
JC It’s so hard to believe this. But I want to, because you’re JC, so… Just sayin I’m unsure of you and I usually think civ.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:46 pm
If Jimmy were here, would he call this player salad?
Yeah…. I assume JJJ call shit like this that. Unfortunately at this point I think so. And I’m not likely to change this post later so if I contradict myself later, Sorry JC,
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:59 pm Keeping an eye on Lapluie for now--the excited sounding comment raised an eyebrow, but I don't know them or how they write, so I'm also not sure. I want to hear more for them, for sure. And sig I'm just keeping an eye on for now.

I'm currently tempted to vote for Loop. I hadn't noticed that they had voted in the first poll and not posted at all. And that they chose House of Wax, of all the choices, is odd. I mean, that doesn't seem like it could possibly be a positive choice. I mean, someone new could not understand that the vote likely means something...but then why vote at all. And if it were a truly random choice, why not come on and say that. It reads much more like a situation where they got their pm, saw where they should vote, went to thread, voted, and then either left or read the posts and didn't konw what to say.
I don’t know Rabs.. :p hehe. Seems weak, this vote.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm
I don't know what that means...
Player Salad is a thing Jay says when players talk about or mention a bunch of players they might vote for or suspect all at once, I think the idea is that doing it allows a mafia voting flexibility later on.
So he would, Knew it. The fucking point of a rainbow list is? I mean, that’s the same shit, no? Same as GTH head and all this crap you guys do. I’m so confused. Almost no natural discussion. Some many tests and shit. Then like, I just wanted to see what he would do defenses. Ohhh. I’ll catch up to the new trends damn you.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm
I don't know what that means...
Player Salad is a thing Jay says when players talk about or mention a bunch of players they might vote for or suspect all at once, I think the idea is that doing it allows a mafia voting flexibility later on.
So you answered what it is but not my question that provoked hers? Interesting. Teammie helping teammie?
Ehhh, huh? No, just no. Is this an actual thought you had? I usually see things the same way you do.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm Timmer and LoRab are really raising my hackles with their votes.
See what I mean, I agree.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm Juliets Wilgy comment was a bit odd?

linki: Why Mac
Damn it, I agree with Sig, here. Still don’t make him a civ. But I’m not eyeing him as much.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm Also I'm surprised juilets is voting for Jack, he's inactive now yes, but in general he's a strong townie. Lynching him for being inactive seems a tad preemptive.

Wilgy hasn't been as Wilgy like, but that's not a reason to vote for him.

linki: That also seems like a meh reason to vote for someone.

Damn you Sig. Fine, maybe you’re a baddie who knows loops a civ. Or you’re a civ…but IDK.
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 pm I don't think juliets' post qualifies as player salad. She gave legit reasons why she is looking at each player.
Hum……
S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm You voted for someone to see how they reacted, sig.

And if LoRab is right about the options (and knowing these hosts it is very possible) that's a very valid reason for a vote. Making a drive by vote for a dubious poll choice isn't really a great look.
FEB, but not really. I haven’t gotten that vibe yet.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:31 pmSo you answered what it is but not my question that provoked hers?

I'm more interested in her response to your assertion. I didn't think it seemed important to validate your memory of things Jay says. Literally speaking her post seems like it might be categorized as player salad, do you think it's meaningful?
Interesting. Teammie helping teammie?
explain
What's to explain? I am speculating that you are teammates?
WTF? I give up I thought I was going to hate this guy. But you fucks got stuck with someone at least as bad as me while I was gone, and now…..
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 pmIt's moreso the lack of entertaining me and then answering her instead? You're either teammates or you hate me. Knowing that you love me, it's gotta be the former.
well i obviously love you, but i didn't see your line of questioning as being something I could personally contribute to so i opted instead to wait and see how other people responded to it.

Why do you need other’s opinions of things to make your decisions? I’ve always seen you slinging your thoughts out there without restraint. But now?
timmer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:48 pm Its a game with a big message board on it. You can't see the poll without seeing the messages. Loop can't not know that posting is part of the game. My 8 year old would realize it.
Hum… the discrediting here. :eye:
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:49 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 pm Loop is clearly bad at this point.
Seems likely. Could also be that they don't know how to play and don't know that posting is not optional. @Loop can you defend yourself at all? have you played mafia before? why did you vote for house of wax? what is going on
Seems likely but you didn't move your vote? Interesting if he does flip bad.
I realize that if he does flip bad I'll look very bad but I just wanted to give them the botd and give them a chance to post, maybe they're in over their head and haven't really figured out how to get in on the discussion. I don't like lynching new players before they have had a chance to experience the game.
IDK you look bad in either scenario to me.
timmer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 am
timmer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:56 pm Not very super. Wrong team won :(
Implying there was a right team between the Eagles and the Patriots.
Correct.
I would have voted for Timmer, not totally kidding, more likely lorab though.

So, srsly, a non-poster on day 1?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pmI am thinking critically about it, Kyle. This is a game where we pick apart the minutiae of each others posts, after all. All you are saying is, "Anyone but Chuck".
I'm not saying you aren't. what I am asking is that you be careful of letting yourself get tunnel vision. Idk if this is still how you are but the svs that I remember rarely changed her mind once she decided on things, but that's what I'm asking for. if you couldn't lynch Speedchuck today then who would you lynch?
Give me an alternative. Ambray is not coming back, she's in Europe. Chuck started off with one vote as a penalty for not voting yesterday. So he has 2 votes that aren't going anywhere. Nutella is coming back, too. (linki, no she is here)

Who else do you propose?
I'll do my best to answer this when I get home. it'll be about 20 minutes.
Tunnelvisions would be days and days of going after the same person, not 12 hours. Plus the last time I felt like this about Jack in (I forget the theme, he was Nutellas teammate) and I kept dropping it becasue "tunnelvision" and I was right, he was bad. So if I think I am right, then why would I not be true to myself.

I feel good about Tranq, Ambray and sig. Also Lorab, Mac and Nutella a notch down, but not a huge notch. Illy and Rabbit are in the neutral zone mainly becasue they both make me nervous, and I have not heard enough from either. Juliets is a null for me too. Lapluie is a step down, I would like to hear more from her, and might have ridden her too hard yesterday. Faraday and Nova, and then you right after them.

So if I could not vote for Chuck, I might vote for you. Just being honest here. Give me some names, Kyle, and it might change.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 pm
I didn't even think about him knowing the story line when I decided his explanation was good enough.

omg linki with a loooong rabbit post

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I love you rabbit lol
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

[mention]juliets[/mention] yes basically but this is just how my mafia set is, loop given that he was in a vulnerable position, him dropping a vote abruptly without saying much didn't seem bad to me. Like I said seen this happen a lot, eveyone got a different style of game on bo they view behaviors
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 pm In my mind right now, Chuck and DF are the most suspish. Not sure which one to vote for.
Cool, gonna move that vote then?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I can't lynch Rabbit since his posts are so fun to read tbh.

I like Juliets's last post, but i'm still iffy on her.

DF hasn't posted much one way or another so I'm unsure on lynching him.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hey rabbit, I won't try to quote your post to answer it but to refresh myself on Wilgy I went to the Mortal Combat game and he didn't have any weird bizarre stuff in the beginning of the game. I remember him saying "I'm a doctor" in his games but thats not what he did here.

gosh linki again - just assume every post I do there is linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FYI [mention]rabbit8[/mention] I was just making lazy prods and had little inspiration. Now that there are corpses everywhere though it's fun again.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 pm
Probably, but I'm not going to just randomly put it somewhere else without thinking about it though. Where should I put it hmmm?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 pm
Probably, but I'm not going to just randomly put it somewhere else without thinking about it though. Where should I put it hmmm?
Ideally Nova atm to put me out of danger, but if enough people vote for DF I wouldn't protest that either
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

If I rainbowed my top three on Day 1 JC and admittaly I've read the last two pages two it would be

Lorab, :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab:
Timmer, :smoky: This guy I get a weird indy killer feel too, TBH.
JC :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Keep in mind that Nova and Speed have penalty votes so Nova is currently at 3 and Speed is at 4. I do not have a penalty vote, neither does DF
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”