Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 2)

Post by rabbit8 »

Ambray wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 am mayor, if you're feeling charitable this may be a good time to do your thing
You trying to save two buddies?
please stop.

speedchuck is a civ. nutella is apparently probably also a civ. I have no idea about dfaraday but this lynch is not going to have an overall good outcome.

Referring to nutella as a civ after the fact....... :shrug: :huh: :nicenod:
I made it clear my vote for Nutella was despite her possibly being a hinted civ role. This.... isn't really new information, rabbit. I didn't vote for Nutella because I thought she was bad, I voted for her because her lynch seemed like it would be the lesser of two bad things.
Wtf this makes zero sense kyle. You think lynching someone you think is civ is the lesser of two evils?
Can you expand on this?

On my phone, so hope this comes out ok.
Thank you. But this will be his response...
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:12 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 am0 sense, this makes. :suspish:
you not understanding something doesn't make it any less true
Becasue him making zero sense means I don't understand his nonsense even though he believes it to be true.....

When Kyle makes a valid point I understand it. His points above are not that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

So speedchuck is angelus then?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Ambray wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm LA - I would like to hear from people themselves when something is directed at them.
If there's anything left unaddressed by my response to nutella I would be glad to respond.
I don't know where you responded to LA?

Are you fully vouching for speed?
yeah.
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pmBecasue him making zero sense means I don't understand his nonsense even though he believes it to be true.....

Look, yesterday was a stressful day. I'd barely been paying attention in this game and then suddenly I'm having to come up with 2 players more suspicious than my biggest town-reads who was about to be lynched. I wasn't able to do that within the timeframe that I had to do mafia stuff that day so instead I ended up trying to convince SVS to reconsider her case and move her vote. In retrospect that was probably the worst idea I've ever had since SVS is the debate equivalent of a freight train.
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Illyria »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm LMAO at the idea of rabbit and SVS :haha:
I almost fell out of my chair. :haha:

I am grateful that lynch turned out the way it did. :srsnod: Sweet is actually the demon that makes everyone sing and dance to their deaths in Once More With Feeling.

I am going to re read Kyle and (always..) Rabbit. I was not loving Kyle's explanations last night but it was very late and I was very tired. I am going to give that another go. Rabbit, is.. well.. Rabbit and I dont read him well because he always pings me no matter which role.

Linki: Kyle LOL. True story about SVS. :biggrin:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm LA - I would like to hear from people themselves when something is directed at them.
If there's anything left unaddressed by my response to nutella I would be glad to respond.

yeah.
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pmBecasue him making zero sense means I don't understand his nonsense even though he believes it to be true.....

Look, yesterday was a stressful day. I'd barely been paying attention in this game and then suddenly I'm having to come up with 2 players more suspicious than my biggest town-reads who was about to be lynched. I wasn't able to do that within the timeframe that I had to do mafia stuff that day so instead I ended up trying to convince SVS to reconsider her case and move her vote. In retrospect that was probably the worst idea I've ever had since SVS is the debate equivalent of a freight train.
Wouldn't it be easy to come up with people you suspect more than your biggest town read?!

Also, are you role claiming? Because if you are, not cool. And if you're not, then I don't see a possible way that you are certain about a player.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

Gash, the role fishing in this game is amazing. Like the Bassmaster tournament in here.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm Oh phew only one person lynched and he wasn't civ. About the best result I could have asked for, unless speed was bad but I think the post implies otherwide though I'm not really sure? Anyway he was saved somehow. (Btw everyone, remember that speed was in the lead because of the penalty vote, the tie was just between DF and me for second place and I was the lucky winner.)

Speed my scum reads depend on whether I think you are civ. Like I'd say you, Kyle, and maybe even sig otherwise, but they are civ if you are. I guess my alternates could be... hmm... Nova, Ambray, and uuuhhhhh gosh idk maybe rabbit but those all feel like extremely vague reads :shrug:
I ISOd them. Nova left me feeling alright. Ambray a little less so.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 pm Gash, the role fishing in this game is amazing. Like the Bassmaster tournament in here.
Quite the opposite, really. I don't think Kyle would break the rules, so I don't think he is role claiming. Also, I think he's mistaken about you, so there's that.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

LoRab wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 pm Gash, the role fishing in this game is amazing. Like the Bassmaster tournament in here.
Quite the opposite, really. I don't think Kyle would break the rules, so I don't think he is role claiming. Also, I think he's mistaken about you, so there's that.
That isn't how claiming works. So yes, you are role fishing, and breaking the spirit of the rules worse than what you accuse kylemii of, as well as doing a scummish thing

Me no lik
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 pmWouldn't it be easy to come up with people you suspect more than your biggest town read?!
No, not necessarily. A lot of the time it's easier to find scum by figuring out your town-reads and then sorting through the rest.
Also, are you role claiming? Because if you are, not cool. And if you're not, then I don't see a possible way that you are certain about a player.
I haven't claimed anything. Lorab, what exactly do you hope to accomplish with this line of questioning?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] I am trying to determine if I trust your read on chuck and if your opinion changes my opinion of him.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 pm
That isn't how claiming works. So yes, you are role fishing, and breaking the spirit of the rules worse than what you accuse kylemii of, as well as doing a scummish thing

Me no lik
I think we are using terms differently, and much of our disagreement here is semantic. I'm not accusing Kyle of anything, other than not being certain about you.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 pm

yeah.

I don't think a "feelings/attention" defense is going to work here, Kyle.

Are you scared of debate with trains?

Also, in case it is less than clear. I assume you're bad.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm@Kylemii I am trying to determine if I trust your read on chuck and if your opinion changes my opinion of him.
at the very least you can trust that i trust in my read
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:45 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm@Kylemii I am trying to determine if I trust your read on chuck and if your opinion changes my opinion of him.
at the very least you can trust that i trust in my read
I trust that you trust it. I just don't trust you to trust it.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Black Rock »

I will be accepting wishes until for one more hour
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmout (Night 2)

Post by MacDougall »

I'm back. Ironically I was just looking at the brief ISO of Nova and can see Nova is watching the game. Got any thoughts to share Nova?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pmI don't think a "feelings/attention" defense is going to work here, Kyle.
it wasn't a defense, it was an explanation, you were acting confused about my vote explanation so I tried to help by clarifying the context of my choice.
not scared. i don't like wasting my time or energy, and trying to get SVS to back off of a conviction is almost always that.
I know, you've been pretty forward about pushing that angle since yesterday. Do you really believe that or do you just see me as low hanging fruit?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pmI don't think a "feelings/attention" defense is going to work here, Kyle.
it wasn't a defense, it was an explanation, you were acting confused about my vote explanation so I tried to help by clarifying the context of my choice.
not scared. i don't like wasting my time or energy, and trying to get SVS to back off of a conviction is almost always that.
I know, you've been pretty forward about pushing that angle since yesterday. Do you really believe that or do you just see me as low hanging fruit?

Low hanging fruit?

I specifically stated why I think you're bad. I just feel like you're trying to skirt those claims with petty accusations, feelings and low attention claims. :nicenod:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 pmLow hanging fruit?

I specifically stated why I think you're bad. I just feel like you're trying to skirt those claims with petty accusations, feelings and low attention claims. :nicenod:
being specific doesn't make you immune to scrutiny.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You guys appear to be bleeding into two different games.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:55 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 pmLow hanging fruit?

being specific doesn't make you immune to scrutiny.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm You guys appear to be bleeding into two different games.
Him maybe, me no. I know why I have accessed him here.

I never shy away from scrutiny. But where was this fabrication of events??
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

accused...
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Night 1

Post by Long Con »

Underground

"I was hoping you'd show," taunted Angelus strolling casually through the subway tunnel. Buffy paused, hearing his voice, but not quite seeing him anywhere. A flicker of movement caught her eye, and she saw his shadow cast from some light source down the tunnel. Gripping her stake tightly, though unsure if she could use it on Angel, she sprinted after him.

The light was from the next subway station, and Buffy squinted as she came out of the darkness. The platform had a few people on it, late night travellers and drunks. She saw rabbit8 watching her, and when she made eye contact, he turned and walked quickly in the opposite direction.

"Hey!" she yelled, and rabbit8 started to run. Buffy quickly grabbed a nearby garbage bin, and, with preternatural strength, hurled it at rabbit8. It connected with his legs, sending him stumbling to the right, falling hard on to the tracks below.

The tunnel behind rabbit8 began to glow brighter, and Buffy realized the subway was imminent. Just then, a voice whispered in her ear.... Angelus! "Missed me, missed me, Buff. Now you gotta kiss me! Oh wait, we tried that already, didn't we?"

Buffy spun on him, but he was already gone from her sight, frighteningly fast. Breathless, she slowly realized that rabbit8 was still on the tracks. As she spun, the subway was already splattering him everywhere.

Night 2 has ended.

Rabbit8 has been killed by Buffy.

It is now Day 3, you have 24 hours to lynch somebody.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Black Rock »

Willow wrote:Guys, what a roller coaster we have been on. I still haven't recovered from losing Tara so you're lucky I haven't turned evil! At least that obnoxious guy Sweet is gone. (He made me sing. So embarrassing.) And Adam. We're not totally doomed. But we can't be careless. Where do we go from here?

I have sensed positive auras from multiple individuals, so I would like to focus on those remaining. Some of the people I have no reason to think have good motives include but are not entirely limited to Ambray, novaselinenever, rabbit8, and Tranq. This does not mean that others I have left unnamed are necessarily to be trusted, or, you know, have souls. But I'd rather avoid hurting one of my friends.

Until next time, good luck scoobies! The rest of you, well, if you get on my bad side let's just say I'm not averse to turning you into rats.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmout (Day 3)

Post by MacDougall »

Buffy out here wrecking fools.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

Why is rabbit always getting killed
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I dunno. I'd never kill Rabbit because he's joyful to play with.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

ya he's cool, he also got killed in mortal kombat after he made a long post, just like he did here...
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Maybe someone is scared of his skillz
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

yeah maybe he said something of substances & they didn't like it,
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Is it just me or does the post imply rabbit was darla?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

nub rabbit. How do you make a sig=spike connection and then not get the recent rolehints? I think Buffy probably made the right choice here, i wouldn't be surprised if rabbit was bad.

I want to look at a couple of players today. Good to see novaselinenever started posting after receiving a vote. Hope to see more of that today. Also, Illyria and juliets. I feel like i have absolutely no read on these players. Does anyone have civ-vibes on them?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 am nub rabbit. How do you make a sig=spike connection and then not get the recent rolehints? I think Buffy probably made the right choice here, i wouldn't be surprised if rabbit was bad.

I want to look at a couple of players today. Good to see novaselinenever started posting after receiving a vote. Hope to see more of that today. Also, Illyria and juliets. I feel like i have absolutely no read on these players. Does anyone have civ-vibes on them?
Player saladddddd
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

Bye Rabbit!

OK, nice message Willow :)

I need to reread some and start over. I think staying out of here yesterday was wise on my part. I had reasons for thinking what I thought, but i only have to be hit with a rock one time.

Kyle, we have been playing together on and off for eight years or so, you picked the exact wrong way to argue with me, lol. Same as Tuesday, I will be at work till 4ish Eastern, I will try to read and catch up at work if possible, but I likely won't say much.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm Also Rabbit is married to SvS? Yes, no, maybe, it's been bothering me since he subbed into MK :shrug:
Ha ha ha ha, No. What did he say in MK??? I look forward to seeing if he responded to this. Now I am sad he is dead, even if he probably was bad (him defending me was really weird, lol), it would have been fun pretending to be Mrs Rabbit and chasing him with an imaginary frying pan.

I love Rabbit with all my heart (as far as that could be true for a person I never met, don't know his full real name, and have no contact with outside of occasional Mafia games), he is one of my fave Mafia folk, but Rabbit and I married would have led to multiple deaths many years ago. Thanks sig, you made my morning!

linki @ kitties?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I feel bad for rabbit coming back from being away for years and he gets killed night 1 in his first game and night 2 here. Those are my personal thoughts though - from a game perspective Buffy must have had a good reason for killing him. Also interesting is that Willow found rabbit suspect. I have to assume they both read him better than me - he's inscrutable as far as I'm concerned.

I re-read Kyle yesterday and ended up thinking he is not mafia or Glory. There was some confusion about that nutella vote but after reading it back it comes off to me as being rushed at the very last minute coupled with a belief that speed was civ. It was a bad decision but it doesn't make him bad.

Today I want to re-read Tranq, sig, and Ambray as well as go back over speed. I'm sure I'll read some others too but I'll start there.

link - LOL, these kitty cats are so cute Mac! Do they mean something?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also yay that there was no mafia kill last night!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dunya »

everyone is threatened by [mention]rabbit8[/mention] :keys:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'll be at work and p/t until about 3:00 eastern at which point I'll be back in the thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

:evileye: :rolleyes:
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

I need to go back and read the roles, but buffy killing rabbit makes me question things.

Kyle or chuck who are your main suspects?
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

Sorry, kyle AND chuck
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

In rough order. My townreads, the top half of the list, are more certain than my scumreads.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 amKyle, we have been playing together on and off for eight years or so, you picked the exact wrong way to argue with me, lol.
yeah I have no idea why i thought that had even a remote chance of working. i've never won a debate with you, i've never even scratched the surface. you're so unswayingly confident.

btw I'm really glad you came back to play this. having all you guys from the LP days makes it feel like the Old Times again. :)
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 pmKyle who are your main suspects?
I want to review Lorab and Lapluie today, as well as the players mentioned by willow in her list umm... Ambray, novaselinenever, and Tranq.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

What makes you put juliets over someone like Kylemii? I have no read on juliets, i rarely do. Feels like she always plays the same game to me.

linki thats [mention]speedchuck[/mention]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

whoever takes the initiative to make an iso link list will receive an originally done cool dog drawing from me that i drew myself, thanks
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 pm What makes you put juliets over someone like Kylemii? I have no read on juliets, i rarely do. Feels like she always plays the same game to me.
Juliets and Kylemii are actually on the exact same level on my list. I trust them equally.

linki: I have had enough of dogs thanks
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”