Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmout (Day 3)

Post by Tranq »

I think there's a decent chance rabbit might've been bad. I went through his posts looking for possible connections. Not alot in there, but here's what i got:

rabbit never once mentioned novaselinenever even though they both started posting more at the same time, discussing different topics but not weighing in on each others.
Timeframe: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 30#p404830

He suspects LoRab because she doesn't use her twirl smiley anymore. How does rabbit typically play as a baddie? Does he ignore teammates? Does he mention them using light non-suspicions?

Illyria:
rabbit8 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 pm
Illyria wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:50 pm
DFaraday wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm WHAT. Illy is here???
I am! I late and I am sorry. I forgot about this and I feel terrible. Okay, I think I am caught up now.
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:13 am Also while I like the linkback feature (makes it impossible for people to evade questions and pretend they never saw then, yes?) I kind of hate it since I edit ALOT so not 100% sure I am gonna use it.
The what now??

Also, what does it mean that "The lynched will flip. The NK will not" I feel so out of practice right now. Also BOTD??
DFaraday wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm
rabbit8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm Sig, you got spiky hair? :grin:
Spike doesn't have spiky hair. You may be thinking of Angel. His hair goes straight up and he's bloody stupid.
Huh. One, he does a few times, and that quote made me LOL for real. I dont remember the Buffy Bot being a thing.. Let me check. Could be part of Spikes secret role tho. He is the one who gets her made?
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:52 pm
This actually makes sense to me. In all honesty, I missed that the vampires could recruit Spike. But still, I'm not sure why single him out, of all the indies. As you say here, the Mayor can take a civ away from the civ numbers. In all fairness, I'm going on show knowledge--but I'm guessing the Mayor is more dangerous than Spike.

I still have an eyeball on you, but I'm less suspicious of you than I was last night.
Agreed on the Mayor, I am most concerned about Glory, but the Mayor is next on my list.

It is interesting. The Day post made me think of The Master, but he is not listed. The opening post mentioned the Hydra Monster thingie. We saw the multi headed beast in end of S1 with the Master and again in S3 with the Mayor. I dont know if this is helpful or not but those were my thoughts when I read it.
Not gonna lie, I’m only quoting this because in all the years of annoying the fuck out Illyria, I think this first time I got her to fucking laugh. Boom. I’m done with mafia, sorry all my goals have been reached.
That's it. This is the only time he acknowledges her.

sig:
rabbit8 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm Juliets Wilgy comment was a bit odd?

linki: Why Mac
Damn it, I agree with Sig, here. Still don’t make him a civ. But I’m not eyeing him as much.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:37 pm Also I'm surprised juilets is voting for Jack, he's inactive now yes, but in general he's a strong townie. Lynching him for being inactive seems a tad preemptive.

Wilgy hasn't been as Wilgy like, but that's not a reason to vote for him.

linki: That also seems like a meh reason to vote for someone.

Damn you Sig. Fine, maybe you’re a baddie who knows loops a civ. Or you’re a civ…but IDK.
This is Day 2. Day 1 he went on his Sig=Spike prodding, then after Night 1 he drops it. Possible succesful Spike recruitment? Though i don't think he would be this obvious.

Ambray:
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pm
Ambray wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 am mayor, if you're feeling charitable this may be a good time to do your thing
You trying to save two buddies?
please stop.

speedchuck is a civ. nutella is apparently probably also a civ. I have no idea about dfaraday but this lynch is not going to have an overall good outcome.

Referring to nutella as a civ after the fact....... :shrug: :huh: :nicenod:
I made it clear my vote for Nutella was despite her possibly being a hinted civ role. This.... isn't really new information, rabbit. I didn't vote for Nutella because I thought she was bad, I voted for her because her lynch seemed like it would be the lesser of two bad things.
Wtf this makes zero sense kyle. You think lynching someone you think is civ is the lesser of two evils?
Can you expand on this?

On my phone, so hope this comes out ok.
Thank you. But this will be his response...
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:12 am
rabbit8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 am0 sense, this makes. :suspish:
you not understanding something doesn't make it any less true
Becasue him making zero sense means I don't understand his nonsense even though he believes it to be true.....

When Kyle makes a valid point I understand it. His points above are not that.
Here Ambray comes in and backs up rabbit who was fighting a losing argument. This might be just an Ambray thing (she backup me up earlier in the game, a reason why she's not high on my suspect list), but as far as rabbit connections go it's worth pointing out.

Thoughts? I actually feel like the non-connections might be the ones i'm willing to bet on. As always in BR/LC games i'll have to vote early again so i'd like to hear some opinions in the next couple of hours.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Nice analysis. I bet there could be a couple teammate interactions/non-interactions in that list.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm speedchuck
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

In rough order. My townreads, the top half of the list, are more certain than my scumreads.
Sorry sir but you made me the wrong colour.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 pm
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

In rough order. My townreads, the top half of the list, are more certain than my scumreads.
Sorry sir but you made me the wrong colour.
Which one should I have made you?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Blue
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pmBlue
Okay.

Next time I make a list, I'll fix it. Not making an entire readlist just to change yours.

If you want to, you can quote it and change it for me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

God damn it I keep forgetting

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Day 2)

Post by juliets »

Below is nova's last post. He still hasn't given any clue who he suspects or who he sees as town if he is doing a POE analysis. I don't think that is acceptable for this kind of fast paced game. Nova, if you have anything to say relevant to this please do so. You are a prime suspect for me at this time.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm @novaselinenever the penalty vote was mentioned in the lynch post. Everyone who missed the vote on D1 started D2 with a vote on them. You have an extra vote against you.
Well, I missed that too. Thank you.

A question though, do they accumulate ? For example, if someone already has a vote penalty on them and proceeds to not vote again. Would they have 2 votes on them next day phase ?
That's up to the hosts. They might or might not give you an answer. Really it would be smartest and safest of you to just use your vote and stop being unreasonably contentious about it.
So I'm being unreasonably contentious for playing differently and asking a few questions. That's fair.

Anyway thank you for the help.
Trans, I can't help you with what rabbit normally does - mention teammates, ignore them, etc. It's just been too long. Thank you for the interaction analysis though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: Tranq not Trans
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay should be sweet now though I fucked up and posted words so I might get recursed again.

You are probably wondering why the videos. Well I wished that Wilgy would get cursed to post animal rights propaganda videos and the wish granted instead made me post cute cat videos.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I only had to post 10 though.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Tranq: Nice analysis.

Also, the night 1 post reads like recruitment, since Spike is with Angelus. Could be story telling, yes, but also makes sense of the hosts vaguely letting us know what's happening.
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 am
Masterful Ploy
"Oi!" cried Spike from the cave entrance. "Where's the blue-glowy-wall thing gone? I grabbed this bloke 'cause he received blood Buffy donated, and-"

"Too late, Spike!" taunted Angelus. "And it's a moot point anyway, since The Master is no longer taking house calls."

Spike looked down at a terrified Marmot. "Bloody hell. Don't need you any more then, do I?" And with that, he snapped Marmot's neck.

[/color][/b]
Of the interactions you name, I'm most concerned with Illy in general. My gut is reading her as bad. It's pure gut and meta, but she doesn't sound like civ illy. Especially the way she talks about the neutrals. It's almost like she is more suspicious of the than the Mafia--Glory as top concern makes sense, but the Mayor is her next top concern? Shouldn't the mafia be more concerning? (I could also see her as either the mayor or glory, for that matter, but I'm thinking vamp)

Some responses (sorry, been non-postable earlier in the day, so a bunch of catch up):
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 am Maybe someone is scared of his skillz
lapluie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:09 am yeah maybe he said something of substances & they didn't like it,
You both realize that a civ killed rabbit, right? These read more like responses to a baddie killing someone. Civies don't generally kill out of fear, or not liking substance.

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 am nub rabbit. How do you make a sig=spike connection and then not get the recent rolehints? I think Buffy probably made the right choice here, i wouldn't be surprised if rabbit was bad.

I want to look at a couple of players today. Good to see novaselinenever started posting after receiving a vote. Hope to see more of that today. Also, Illyria and juliets. I feel like i have absolutely no read on these players. Does anyone have civ-vibes on them?
I have a civ vibe of JC. Illy, see above.
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

Eye me all you want. You have me wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also I am heading on a camping trip for 4 days later today and my reception will likely be awful or non existent.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Yo Mac. Who should we lynch?

linkis: I'll engage you real quick, LoRab. Hold on.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm Okay should be sweet now though I fucked up and posted words so I might get recursed again.

You are probably wondering why the videos. Well I wished that Wilgy would get cursed to post animal rights propaganda videos and the wish granted instead made me post cute cat videos.
Why would you make a wish about a dead player spamming the thread with OT-ness? It would seem to me that such could only distract from conversation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm Okay should be sweet now though I fucked up and posted words so I might get recursed again.

Why would you make a wish about a dead player spamming the thread with OT-ness? It would seem to me that such could only distract from conversation.
I made the wish on night one. I thought it would be fun.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]LoRab[/mention], I had you as like a top townread except for the role fishing, which wouldn't even be as bad if you hadn't denied it. But for today, I'm willing to chalk that up to "different backgrounds" (My background is closed setups with lots of role crap, and role fishing [in other words trying to get someone to talk directly about their role or what their role is not] was considered bad bad bad) because we share a common top scumread. Let's talk about that.

You read Illyria as scum for meta, gut, and a few posts. I've been reading her as scum because of tone and interactions, having never played a game with her before.

We arrived at the same conclusion for different, but complementary reasons. And I find that to be a good reason to vote.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:41 pm Yo Mac. Who should we lynch?

Let's lynch illyria. I smell scum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm LoRab, I had you as like a top townread except for the role fishing, which wouldn't even be as bad if you hadn't denied it. But for today, I'm willing to chalk that up to "different backgrounds" (My background is closed setups with lots of role crap, and role fishing [in other words trying to get someone to talk directly about their role or what their role is not] was considered bad bad bad) because we share a common top scumread. Let's talk about that.

You read Illyria as scum for meta, gut, and a few posts. I've been reading her as scum because of tone and interactions, having never played a game with her before.

We arrived at the same conclusion for different, but complementary reasons. And I find that to be a good reason to vote.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:41 pm Yo Mac. Who should we lynch?

Let's lynch illyria. I smell scum.

I'm down for this. She's been a fairly neutral read for me but Lorab's points make a lot of sense.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Illy is gaining steam fast, but so far I trust all the people on it for one reason or another. Plus, if she's Glory, she has zero teammates to object, and if she's vamp, only 1 or 2.

I'm still all in, iz wat I sayin
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

(I mean, 4 people scumreading her. Still only 2 votes.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 pm Illy is gaining steam fast, but so far I trust all the people on it for one reason or another. Plus, if she's Glory, she has zero teammates to object, and if she's vamp, only 1 or 2.

Wasn't Lorab in your Orange pile like 30 minutes ago?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Illyria sounds good. With a couple of votes on novaselinenever in case she's Angelus?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 pm Illy is gaining steam fast, but so far I trust all the people on it for one reason or another. Plus, if she's Glory, she has zero teammates to object, and if she's vamp, only 1 or 2.

Lorab is in your bottom tier but you have reasons to trust her? What makes her bottom tier then? Or did those reasons only manifest between then and now? And what is the capital of Turkey? Who shot Mr. Burns?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also doesn't the "has few friends to object" thing hold true for civvies even more. Weird post.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 pm Illyria sounds good. With a couple of votes on novaselinenever in case she's Angelus?
How do you feel about being in chuck's orange tier?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Pretty ok tbh. Less likely to be NK'd :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nova watching again.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

nice cats 10/10
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

I have a post explaining how I feel about Lorab. Read it. It should make sense.

And yes, Civvies have nobody to vouch for them, usually. That's why I am usually wary when someone gets lynched without any defense or noticeable bussing. In this game, with such small scum teams, I'm saying that it isn't an issue. You seem to be agreeing with me?

I don't know why you think my posts are weird.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm @MacDougall

I have a post explaining how I feel about Lorab. Read it. It should make sense.

And yes, Civvies have nobody to vouch for them, usually. That's why I am usually wary when someone gets lynched without any defense or noticeable bussing. In this game, with such small scum teams, I'm saying that it isn't an issue. You seem to be agreeing with me?

I don't know why you think my posts are weird.
In fairness people generally don't see the world the way I do. #emo
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

*vote: illy*
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: I don't know why you think my posts are weird.
In fairness people generally don't see the world the way I do. #emo
:why:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm Nova watching again.
Looks like he voted Illyria and then changed his vote to me. I'll return the favor!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:55 pm Illyria sounds good. With a couple of votes on novaselinenever in case she's Angelus?
This is actually a pretty good idea.

Since you suggested it, I won't turn it around and ask that the couple of extra votes be placed on you. ;)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 pm Below is nova's last post. He still hasn't given any clue who he suspects or who he sees as town if he is doing a POE analysis. I don't think that is acceptable for this kind of fast paced game. Nova, if you have anything to say relevant to this please do so. You are a prime suspect for me at this time.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm @novaselinenever the penalty vote was mentioned in the lynch post. Everyone who missed the vote on D1 started D2 with a vote on them. You have an extra vote against you.
Well, I missed that too. Thank you.

A question though, do they accumulate ? For example, if someone already has a vote penalty on them and proceeds to not vote again. Would they have 2 votes on them next day phase ?
That's up to the hosts. They might or might not give you an answer. Really it would be smartest and safest of you to just use your vote and stop being unreasonably contentious about it.
So I'm being unreasonably contentious for playing differently and asking a few questions. That's fair.

Anyway thank you for the help.
Trans, I can't help you with what rabbit normally does - mention teammates, ignore them, etc. It's just been too long. Thank you for the interaction analysis though.
Hello there, I'm here. Not a lot have been said for me to weigh on at this time. As for my suspects, I'm leaving my vote on Tranq. And for Town reads, I'd say Lapluie and S~v~S are my strongest.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

How come? And would you be willing to change your vote to yourself?
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by novaselinenever »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 pm How come? And would you be willing to change your vote to yourself?
Why would I vote to myself ?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Why did you vote Illyria first and then not name her as one of your suspects?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nova did you vote Illyria first? If so why?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 pm How come? And would you be willing to change your vote to yourself?
Why would I vote to myself ?
:haha:

Tranq u so funny.

How about Illyria, Nova?

linki: man we feel like a horde of orcs cornering a poor adventurer
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm Hello there, I'm here. Not a lot have been said for me to weigh on at this time. As for my suspects, I'm leaving my vote on Tranq. And for Town reads, I'd say Lapluie and S~v~S are my strongest.
Can you tell me more about your lapluie town read?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I'm feeling pretty good about my vote right now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nova back to scum chat to get some advice...

Return to “Previous Side Missions”