Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmout (Day 3)

Post by novaselinenever »

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm Why did you vote Illyria first and then not name her as one of your suspects?
I voted for her just to see to be able to see the results of votes and then immediately changed my vote on you. When I click on seeing the results, I can't vote anymore. I'm neutral about her.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm Why did you vote Illyria first and then not name her as one of your suspects?
I voted for her just to see to be able to see the results of votes and then immediately changed my vote on you. When I click on seeing the results, I can't vote anymore. I'm neutral about her.
A likely story!

Also what?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm Nova back to scum chat to get some advice...
This is mean not-scum Mac. :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Voting for nova partially for tranq's plan and mostly because he's looking pretty suspish rn
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm When I click on seeing the results, I can't vote anymore.
All you have to do is refresh it after clicking 'see results'.

linki: But HazelNutelLA, we need you for the illynch
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 pm How come? And would you be willing to change your vote to yourself?
Why would I vote to myself ?
:haha:

Tranq u so funny.

How about Illyria, Nova?

linki: man we feel like a horde of orcs cornering a poor adventurer
Neutral about her and with Tranq as a scum, I don't see why I should vote for her.

His whole push against me since last day phase feels like a scum trying to get an easy target for a vote and save himself from the scrutiny and giving reasons for his vote. He's just going after low poster as an excuse for that. That's at least the vibe I'm getting especially after he left a vote against me and was not seen again during the last day phase. He doesn't seem like he wants to try to out scum or read them.
His vote right now, against me and his whole ' I'm confident about my vote ' just strengthen my opinion of him. He was just waiting for me to come on and as soons as I voted against him, he pulled an OMEGUS.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

Illyria isn't even the first name on the poll - that's Ambray. Why not vote for your intended target if you wanted to see the poll results?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Nutella doing the same him. She did the same last phase too. Those two are most likely scum buddies.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm Illyria isn't even the first name on the poll - that's Ambray. Why not vote for your intended target if you wanted to see the poll results?
It is what is is.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So your case is because he cased you but he is the one pulling omgus?

That kind of crazy talk only comes from civs. Next.

Oi lapluie talk.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 pm Nutella doing the same him. She did the same last phase too. Those two are most likely scum buddies.
Nah bro you're missing some key info here. I actually kind of like your thoughts on Tranq though, first actual and reasonable suspicion you've given and it's actually compelling. If you're not bad I'd believe he could be.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 pm Nutella doing the same him. She did the same last phase too. Those two are most likely scum buddies.
I am in a super-trust-nutella mood in this game. Such trust. Much town.
But you could possibly be right about Tranq.

I don't want to lynch either of you today. Why don't we just put a lead on Illy that is SO HUGE AND OBNOXIOUS that even her being the scum thing can't stop it?

DANGIT stop linki-ing
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I will probably move my vote to Illy but I'd like to give her a chance to respond (mostly to Lorab's reasons)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Remember when I said speedchuck was scum 400 times in MK and was right?

Speedchuck is town.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:20 pm So your case is because he cased you but he is the one pulling omgus?

Oi lapluie talk.
I don't care that his case is against me. It doesn't matter if it is against me or any other low poster.

The case is he's pushing against inactives and low posters. He isn't trying to out scum or do anything else. He is just trying to find easy target to leave his vote on them and then save himself the trouble and scrutiny from Town. With his votes against me no one is questioning it or his reads. The only reason he's been giving is low-posting and inactivity. He did the same last day phase before leaving. He just mentioned me and my activity, and then left his vote and left. He didn't try going against Speechuck or DFaraday, because they required real reads and reasons to vote them. Scum would avoid that and go for easy targets. That's what he's doing.

He did the same right now. As soon as I voted against him, he returned the favor and went on with ' I feel good about my vote '. If that isn't bullshit I don't know what is.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm His whole push against me since last day phase feels like a scum trying to get an easy target for a vote and save himself from the scrutiny and giving reasons for his vote. He's just going after low poster as an excuse for that. That's at least the vibe I'm getting especially after he left a vote against me and was not seen again during the last day phase. He doesn't seem like he wants to try to out scum or read them.
His vote right now, against me and his whole ' I'm confident about my vote ' just strengthen my opinion of him. He was just waiting for me to come on and as soons as I voted against him, he pulled an OMEGUS.
I'm in Europe - the lynches end at 5am for me. Juliets pointed this out to you yesterday, you even replied to her. I vote early and i leave, as i will have to do again soon-ish. You should know this.
How did i wait for you to come on and vote to do an OMEGUS? I literally suggested to have "a couple of votes on novaselinenever" minutes before you came and voted me. You're doing the things you're accusing me of here, lol.

What do you think about the rabbit posts i went through?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm going to read Illyria now - I hadn't really noticed her this game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

is the hot case against illy basically that rabbit might have been mafia and that she and rabbit displayed only limited acknowledgement of each other in the thread?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm His whole push against me since last day phase feels like a scum trying to get an easy target for a vote and save himself from the scrutiny and giving reasons for his vote. He's just going after low poster as an excuse for that. That's at least the vibe I'm getting especially after he left a vote against me and was not seen again during the last day phase. He doesn't seem like he wants to try to out scum or read them.
I'm in Europe - the lynches end at 5am for me. Juliets pointed this out to you yesterday, you even replied to her. I vote early and i leave, as i will have to do again soon-ish. You should know this.
How did i wait for you to come on and vote to do an OMEGUS? I literally suggested to have "a couple of votes on novaselinenever" minutes before you came and voted me. You're doing the things you're accusing me of here, lol.

Timezones are irrelevant. What is relevant is you going after me for low-activity and inactivity. You've been tunneling and using this as an excuse to vote and not give proper reads. This is how i see it, a scum trying not to put himself too much out there and vote against people where he might get scrutinized. You've been mentioning me in the majority with your post so that people don't forget that you view me as scum.

You've been suggesting it all day and didn't vote yourself. You agreed with people voting Illarya and sheeped them. However you still mentioned me and didn't vote against me at the time. You waited until I voted you, before voting. You aren't giving your opinion or thoughts on Illarya and just agreed with the majority voting her. Why didn't you vote her up ?

What of your rabbit post ? She's dead and all you did was say that she might have been scum. Why didn't you give these reads while she was still alive ?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 pm is the hot case against illy basically that rabbit might have been mafia and that she and rabbit displayed only limited acknowledgement of each other in the thread?
My vote is because she seems like your average blendy scum.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Ambray »

In terms of Rabbit and I interactions - not gonna like but I avoid addressing Rabbit directly like the plague unless I have strong feelings - dude frightens me.

I need to go and read what was said against Illy again. I feel like the way mafia is played has changed a bit in terms of how suspicions are raised - leaving me a bit confused!

Is nova a relatively new player? Their recent posts sound scripted?

linki
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm In terms of Rabbit and I interactions - not gonna like but I avoid addressing Rabbit directly like the plague unless I have strong feelings - dude frightens me.

I need to go and read what was said against Illy again. I feel like the way mafia is played has changed a bit in terms of how suspicions are raised - leaving me a bit confused!

linki

:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm I feel like the way mafia is played has changed a bit in terms of how suspicions are raised - leaving me a bit confused!
Naw, we're just lazier because of all the other games we're in.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lorab, you mention Illy's meta. Can you give a kind of summary of what you see as her meta so I can compare it to what I see in the thread?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm I feel like the way mafia is played has changed a bit in terms of how suspicions are raised - leaving me a bit confused!
Naw, we're just lazier because of all the other games we're in.
Hahaha fair.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm In terms of Rabbit and I interactions - not gonna like but I avoid addressing Rabbit directly like the plague unless I have strong feelings - dude frightens me.

linki
Scripted how? They read like some of the more sincere posts in the game to me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

After reading her (Illy) I'll say one thing, she does seem blendy which Mac brought up.

Speed it would also be helpful to know a little more detail of what you're seeing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm speedchuck
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

In rough order. My townreads, the top half of the list, are more certain than my scumreads.
I was one of your top civ reads before I suspected you, is that how you roll? :pout:

Catching up now, I had Illy towards the bottom of my rankings last time I posted them, is it just generic blendy quietness or is it something else?
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm LoRab, I had you as like a top townread except for the role fishing, which wouldn't even be as bad if you hadn't denied it. But for today, I'm willing to chalk that up to "different backgrounds" (My background is closed setups with lots of role crap, and role fishing [in other words trying to get someone to talk directly about their role or what their role is not] was considered bad bad bad) because we share a common top scumread. Let's talk about that.

You read Illyria as scum for meta, gut, and a few posts. I've been reading her as scum because of tone and interactions, having never played a game with her before.

We arrived at the same conclusion for different, but complementary reasons. And I find that to be a good reason to vote.
I like this post.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:20 pm So your case is because he cased you but he is the one pulling omgus?

Oi lapluie talk.
I don't care that his case is against me. It doesn't matter if it is against me or any other low poster.

The case is he's pushing against inactives and low posters. He isn't trying to out scum or do anything else. He is just trying to find easy target to leave his vote on them and then save himself the trouble and scrutiny from Town. With his votes against me no one is questioning it or his reads. The only reason he's been giving is low-posting and inactivity. He did the same last day phase before leaving. He just mentioned me and my activity, and then left his vote and left. He didn't try going against Speechuck or DFaraday, because they required real reads and reasons to vote them. Scum would avoid that and go for easy targets. That's what he's doing.

He did the same right now. As soon as I voted against him, he returned the favor and went on with ' I feel good about my vote '. If that isn't bullshit I don't know what is.
I think this may be cultural? The other LP people can correct me if I am wrong, but this was a very common thing where we all came from, we voted for low posters/non voters the first few days, especially if it was quiet like it was on Super Bowl Sunday. You seem to be taking this personally, and it is more of a "Play or die" thing. It's more fun playing with people who play :shrug:

Also Mac should post MOAR CAT VIDEOS!!

Dropping a vote on Illy for now, will bbl after dinner to finish reading.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm

linki
Scripted how? They read like some of the more sincere posts in the game to me.
To be so quiet all game and suddenly come out with, apparently what are now considered, long posts (This I have been told from another game) and to go after how Tranq votes when quite clearly you only have to look right and see he's from Belgium and that explains quite a bit.

Sounds like panicked, scripted writing to me. And one heck of a no u.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

To add on - hence why I've asked if they are new to mafia as they have only recently joined.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Illy - in an ideal situation I would like to see her respond.

I nothing to say against lynching her. Whoever raised it about her possibly being Indy, I think LoRab? I think is an interesting speculation.

Nova I am eyeballing as mafia though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm To add on - hence why I've asked if they are new to mafia as they have only recently joined.
I think nova is fairly new yes.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm After reading her (Illy) I'll say one thing, she does seem blendy which Mac brought up.

Speed it would also be helpful to know a little more detail of what you're seeing.
I don't find her responses to being late for the vote, or especially to the nightkills, as genuine in tone. She goes after lurkers. She shies off of the case on me, even when agreeing with it. She is the only person who interacted with Wilgy in anything close to confrontation before Glory killed him (this one is a stretch, I know).

There are other tiny things that ping me with her interactions. She's compatible scummates with quite a few people IMO, including some suspects that have died to town/indy roles, and she's also not a bad choice for SK. She talking about the bad guy poll, specifically about the glory option, but never voted there. Lots of tiny, tiny things, you know? And nothing reassuring to counteract them.

She's only made 16 posts, but there's a lot of interesting stuff there.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I won't be voting for nova. He sounds genuine as heck. I see Ambray's logic but it could be an Illyria save attempt. SVS I will post more cat videos.

Would love to see more from lapluie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm I was one of your top civ reads before I suspected you, is that how you roll? :pout:
I have had a lot of trouble reading you this game. If I graphed you on a timescale, it would look like a magnitude 6 earthquake.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:21 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm After reading her (Illy) I'll say one thing, she does seem blendy which Mac brought up.

I don't find her responses to being late for the vote, or especially to the nightkills, as genuine in tone. She goes after lurkers. She shies off of the case on me, even when agreeing with it. She is the only person who interacted with Wilgy in anything close to confrontation before Glory killed him (this one is a stretch, I know).

There are other tiny things that ping me with her interactions. She's compatible scummates with quite a few people IMO, including some suspects that have died to town/indy roles, and she's also not a bad choice for SK. She talking about the bad guy poll, specifically about the glory option, but never voted there. Lots of tiny, tiny things, you know? And nothing reassuring to counteract them.

She's only made 16 posts, but there's a lot of interesting stuff there.
This was VERY helpful. Thanks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:22 pm I won't be voting for nova. He sounds genuine as heck. I see Ambray's logic but it could be an Illyria save attempt. SVS I will post more cat videos.

I'm not opposed to an Illy lynch at all. :shrug2:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:22 pm I won't be voting for nova. He sounds genuine as heck. I see Ambray's logic but it could be an Illyria save attempt. SVS I will post more cat videos.

Vote then
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Alright, I can see most of what speedchuck and Lorab talked about with Illy, and I saw the blendiness that Mac pointed out right away. One think I don't really buy though is the part about Wilgy. If she is Glory and needs everyone dead, why pick someone you've pointed out in the thread as being suspicious? Why not kill someone else you're not connected to in any way? That just hits me as something someone would not do. That said, I won't be shocked if she is Glory if we end up lynching her. I'll go ahead and vote now.

Nova you are quite passionate about Tranq and though I may not agree with everything you've said I appreciate that you're passionate about someone. That's the kind of thing I was looking for.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 pm
Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Vote then
I'm not gonna vote because I feel pressure by you thanks.

As you accuse me of saving Illy, I could accuse you of trying to save Nova.

I think both have very valid cases against them. The difference being Nova has been able to have their say. I'm a fair person.

Besides, Tranq's plan earlier of having votes on both is a good one. LA can always move her vote and Illy has a fair few against her already. Infact, due to this logic, I'm going to vote nova now. If I wern't also in Europe, I would wait to vote later. I don't mind at all if Illy does end up getting lynched at this point.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

The nova voting first for illy thing isn’t sitting right. Nor is his explanation. Anyone remember way back in the day in Simpson’s mafia where sparrow voted for the wrong person (himself maybe) and it became a thing and he was, indeed, bad? It’s possible the hosts, illy, and LA were the only ones around back then, and not sure they played. But it was something that came up as a pattern for a while (it happened in a game soon after that with the same result, don’t remember which). But this feels like that.

It’s against the odds that he (he?) would choose the player with several votes to check to see what the results are, when that player was not the top player nor the one listed for the person actually voted for. So......yeah. Keeping my vote where it is for now but not at all opposed to novas as a second option.

Also, novas, can you clarify why you suspected tranq before he moved his vote to you today?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Timezones are irrelevant. What is relevant is you going after me for low-activity and inactivity. You've been tunneling and using this as an excuse to vote and not give proper reads. This is how i see it, a scum trying not to put himself too much out there and vote against people where he might get scrutinized. You've been mentioning me in the majority with your post so that people don't forget that you view me as scum.

You've been suggesting it all day and didn't vote yourself. You agreed with people voting Illarya and sheeped them. However you still mentioned me and didn't vote against me at the time. You waited until I voted you, before voting. You aren't giving your opinion or thoughts on Illarya and just agreed with the majority voting her. Why didn't you vote her up ?

What of your rabbit post ? She's dead and all you did was say that she might have been scum. Why didn't you give these reads while she was still alive ?
Timezones are relevant. All of the main debates happen after midnight. Yesterday i went to sleep with only my vote on you, and woke up to several roleclaims and what looked like a triple tied lynch. Today i woke up and saw a dead, female rabbit.

Look at what happened today and in what order. I wanted discussion on a couple of players i had no reads on - juliets, Illyria and you. Several players have townreads on juliets, so i focus on you and Illyria. Going through rabbit's posts i pointed out his Illyria post and the fact the two of you never interacted. I wanted to hear other players' thoughts on that before voting. A couple are down with voting Illyria which i'm ok with. Then i suggest having you as a backup.

Then here's what i think happened.
You come in shortly after i suggested that (either lucky timing or someone alerted you) and you log into your baddie chatroom and read "looks like it's an Illyria lynch", and quickly vote Illyria and then quickly change it to me before someone notices. Then you don't name Illyria as a suspect in your next post. That's what makes you suspicious. That's why i'm confident in my vote. Whyyyyyyy vote Illyria? I could've maybe bought it had you voted alphabetically first, or went with your intended vote. I don't buy the "i wanted to see the results" excuse. You see the results when you vote for your intented target, and the view results function works just fine. Looks to me you quickly decided "i should vote with the majority" or "i should quickly vote for my own teammate" before changing your mind and trying something else. Then you get frustrated and make this mess with those no u posts, lol.

Anyway, i'm leaving my vote as it is. Time for me to go. I wasn't confident going in today having to vote early again, but i'm feeling pretty ok now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Someone give me the tldr plz
novaselinenever
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm speedchuck
nutella
juliets
Kylemii

sig
Lapluie
MacDougall
novaselinenever

S~V~S
Ambray
Tranq
LoRab
Illyria

In rough order. My townreads, the top half of the list, are more certain than my scumreads.
I was one of your top civ reads before I suspected you, is that how you roll? :pout:

Catching up now, I had Illy towards the bottom of my rankings last time I posted them, is it just generic blendy quietness or is it something else?
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm LoRab, I had you as like a top townread except for the role fishing, which wouldn't even be as bad if you hadn't denied it. But for today, I'm willing to chalk that up to "different backgrounds" (My background is closed setups with lots of role crap, and role fishing [in other words trying to get someone to talk directly about their role or what their role is not] was considered bad bad bad) because we share a common top scumread. Let's talk about that.

You read Illyria as scum for meta, gut, and a few posts. I've been reading her as scum because of tone and interactions, having never played a game with her before.

We arrived at the same conclusion for different, but complementary reasons. And I find that to be a good reason to vote.
I like this post.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Oi lapluie talk.

I think this may be cultural? The other LP people can correct me if I am wrong, but this was a very common thing where we all came from, we voted for low posters/non voters the first few days, especially if it was quiet like it was on Super Bowl Sunday. You seem to be taking this personally, and it is more of a "Play or die" thing. It's more fun playing with people who play :shrug:

Also Mac should post MOAR CAT VIDEOS!!

Dropping a vote on Illy for now, will bbl after dinner to finish reading.
Maybe it is then. I see it as scum trying to cast a reasonable vote without contributing. It helps them avoid some scrutiny that comes when voting for most other people.

I apologize if I appear to have taken it personally. I have not, it's just that I genuinely read him as bad and for the reasons above. Me going back and forth with him is because of my read not him voting me.
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Nova - how long have you played mafia for?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Tranq wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:48 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Timezones are relevant. All of the main debates happen after midnight. Yesterday i went to sleep with only my vote on you, and woke up to several roleclaims and what looked like a triple tied lynch. Today i woke up and saw a dead, female rabbit.

Look at what happened today and in what order. I wanted discussion on a couple of players i had no reads on - juliets, Illyria and you. Several players have townreads on juliets, so i focus on you and Illyria. Going through rabbit's posts i pointed out his Illyria post and the fact the two of you never interacted. I wanted to hear other players' thoughts on that before voting. A couple are down with voting Illyria which i'm ok with. Then i suggest having you as a backup.

Then here's what i think happened.
You come in shortly after i suggested that (either lucky timing or someone alerted you) and you log into your baddie chatroom and read "looks like it's an Illyria lynch", and quickly vote Illyria and then quickly change it to me before someone notices. Then you don't name Illyria as a suspect in your next post. That's what makes you suspicious. That's why i'm confident in my vote. Whyyyyyyy vote Illyria? I could've maybe bought it had you voted alphabetically first, or went with your intended vote. I don't buy the "i wanted to see the results" excuse. You see the results when you vote for your intented target, and the view results function works just fine. Looks to me you quickly decided "i should vote with the majority" or "i should quickly vote for my own teammate" before changing your mind and trying something else. Then you get frustrated and make this mess with those no u posts, lol.

Anyway, i'm leaving my vote as it is. Time for me to go. I wasn't confident going in today having to vote early again, but i'm feeling pretty ok now.
Fair enough mate. I'm also confident on my vote on you and will be leaving it as it is.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

for the first time in the history of mafia I have a town read on tranq
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Novas: help me understand. How do you see tranq as not contributing? Have you read his posts?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

OK, moving my vote to Illy. Nova is sounding more genuine now (though Lorab's and Tranq's theories are rather compelling and if Illy is bad I could see Nova as her teammate), and as of now I trust the people voting for Illy more than the people voting for nova
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

Ambray wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 pm Nova - how long have you played mafia for?
A good while. However, I'm new to this place.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”