Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:37 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:10 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 pm I get the sense that he was just asking for the roles he thought seemed thematically coolest, which is a pretty "Wilgy" thing to do.

I still 100% agree with nutella's choice to not give him wyvern.
hmmm

who would you have given wyvern to?
mmmm if I had to choose.... well if i had a *strong* early townread on someone then i'd give it to them. otherwise i'd give it to someone who seemed to completely not want the responsibility or risk of having a strong power role at all. if a player has especially good mafia instincts then that would be frosting but that wouldn't be the basis of my decision.
you don't think at least 1 maybe 2 mafia members are playing the idgaf what role you give me card? :ninja:
oh, no that's definitely probable. I'd expect the mafia to take varied approaches to seeking roles. If all of them rushed for the good shit then it'd be super conspicuous but if they all acted super casual about it then they might end up with trash.

there's also the factor that the mafia wouldn't necessarily have to resort to begging to get at least a couple of good roles since they could just give good roles directly to each other and control their team composition that way, without having to beg.
there's only 5 scum members, so you think at least 3 of them are directly linked with each other? Because 1 gives the other and so on. Your post makes it sounds like you think more than 1 person got it that way which would incriminate 3-4 players if 2 roles were handed from scum to scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't think with the way the role distribution panned out yesterday that would have been necessary or possible. It was a whoever was online first and asking for a role.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm I don't think with the way the role distribution panned out yesterday that would have been necessary or possible. It was a whoever was online first and asking for a role.
I think it's likely that scum would plan for that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

Quin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm I don't think with the way the role distribution panned out yesterday that would have been necessary or possible. It was a whoever was online first and asking for a role.
You seem to know what the scum are thinking which begs the question
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm
You seem to know what the scum are thinking which begs the question
=)
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

plan for what exactly?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 pm
plan for what exactly?
Making sure they're in the thread to improve their chances of getting the role they want. It's more likely that they'd do this than draft out of left field.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm
plan for what exactly?
Making sure they're in the thread to improve their chances of getting the role they want. It's more likely that they'd do this than draft out of left field.
probably, if everyone was online and stayed online, but unlike what you and Kyle are saying, I don't see them giving each other all roles between them. That's too ~linky~ and wouldn't happen imo. Only a Marmot would do that. XD
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm
plan for what exactly?
probably, if everyone was online and stayed online, but unlike what you and Kyle are saying, I don't see them giving each other all roles between them. That's too ~linky~ and wouldn't happen imo. Only a Marmot would do that. XD
I don't think they drafted each other. When the first scum flips their draft pick is gonna wind up under scrutiny which could have been avoided. WIFOM, but whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pmthere's only 5 scum members, so you think at least 3 of them are directly linked with each other? Because 1 gives the other and so on. Your post makes it sounds like you think more than 1 person got it that way which would incriminate 3-4 players if 2 roles were handed from scum to scum.
no not at all. i'm just theorizing. and I don't know where "at least 3" is coming from. i doubt the mafia would rush to make a draft chain to draw the best roles all at once. i'm saying if 2 mafia were online at once and one of them were to receive their role then there'd be extra incentive for the chooser to give their buddy a beneficial role.

it's also not as simple as that either since there aren't any actual bad roles. every role has some positive utility of some kind. the only role I can't see benefiting a wolf is maybe the cavalier, and even that has some utility.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Everyone who specifically asked for a role, except for rundontwalk, got that role. Something to think about.

ColinIsCool ----- will receive last role whataever that is
dunya - Thief 1 ---- specifically asked for thief and received it
Kenway - Mage ------ specifically asked for mage and received it
Kylemii - Sage ------- specifically asked for sage and received it
Quin - Myrmidon 1 ------ specifically asked for Myrmidon and received it
lapluie - Thief 2 ------ specifically asked for thief and received it
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin -------- specifically asked for paladin and received it
gwilikers6 - Monk ----------- specifically asked for monk and received it
Dragon D. Luffy - Myrmidon 2 ------ specifically asked for myrmidon and received it
nutella - Pegasus Knight 1 --------- specifically asked for Pegasus or Wyvern Rider and received the former
TonyStarkPrime - Shaman --------- specifically asked for shaman and received it
DrWilgy - Pirate -------- specifically asked for Pirate, Shaman or Wyvern Rider and received the first
Epignosis - Troubadour -------- specified he didn't care about his role, received Troubadour by Wilgy
sig - Wyvern Rider ----------- kept requesting roles already spoken for (3 roles, I believe--Mage, Shaman and Monk?), finally assigned Wyvern Rider by Epi
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1 -------- requested Wyvern Rider after dunya suggestion and petition, but was assigned cavalier by sig
MacDougall - Fighter 1 ----------- assigned Fighter by RDW without request in the thread
rabbit8 - Pegasus Knight 2 ----------------- assigned Pegasus by MacDougall without request in the thread
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pmthere's only 5 scum members, so you think at least 3 of them are directly linked with each other? Because 1 gives the other and so on. Your post makes it sounds like you think more than 1 person got it that way which would incriminate 3-4 players if 2 roles were handed from scum to scum.
no not at all. i'm just theorizing. and I don't know where "at least 3" is coming from. i doubt the mafia would rush to make a draft chain to draw the best roles all at once. i'm saying if 2 mafia were online at once and one of them were to receive their role then there'd be extra incentive for the chooser to give their buddy a beneficial role.
at least 3 is coming from this scenario:

Town ColinIsCool assigns role to Scum Marmot
Scum Marmot assigns role to Scum Quin
Scum Quin assigns role to Scum Kyle

2 roles were assigned by scum to each other, 3 scummers are linked.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dunya you have almost 3x the number of posts of the 2nd person with the most posts.

Go to sleep lol
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 pm

that scenario is not what i'm talking about. i agree it's unlikely.

im saying:
Townie A gives role 1 to Mafia A cus mafia A is online and mafia A asked for role 1
Mafia A gives power 2 to Mafia B cus mafia B is online and power 2 can benefit their team
Mafia B gives power 3 to to Townie B cus Townie B is online and asked for power 3
draft chain continues
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougal is mafia yall
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Dunya is going WILD.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 pm

that scenario is not what i'm talking about. i agree it's unlikely.

im saying:
Townie A gives role 1 to Mafia A cus mafia A is online and mafia A asked for role 1
Mafia A gives power 2 to Mafia B cus mafia B is online and power 2 can benefit their team
Mafia B gives power 3 to to Townie B cus Townie B is online and asked for power 3
draft chain continues
There's definitely a chance something like this happened, but is it really worth thinking about at this point in the game? And even when we know a scum, there'll be so much wifom to sort through, and I think Dunya's right about the way in which the draft was done kinda preventing such things from happening, to an extent at least.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

97% hunt the way you always hunt. The draft mechanic is probably more a distraction to the hunt than a guide. Grab surface insights if you see them, but don’t try to dig deep. It’s pointless.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Here here.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I'm very embarrassed that I used the wrong form of "hear" twice, and I'm very sorry to all.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]
[mention]sprityo[/mention]
[mention]Kites[/mention]
[mention]Marmot[/mention]
[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention]
[mention]Dr. White[/mention]

The first one of you to post your decision may make Rabbit's draft choice for him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

gwilikers6 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 pm I'm very embarrassed that I used the wrong form of "hear" twice, and I'm very sorry to all.
Their their.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I should make [mention]Ricochet[/mention] decide but I'm trying to actually speed things up.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 pm 97% hunt the way you always hunt. The draft mechanic is probably more a distraction to the hunt than a guide. Grab surface insights if you see them, but don’t try to dig deep. It’s pointless.

:ponder: :suspish: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 pm @colonialbob
@sprityo
@Kites
@Marmot
@Long Con
@Iron_Dwarf
@Dr. White

The first one of you to post your decision may make Rabbit's draft choice for him.
I want rabbit to make me a Cleric
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 pm 97% hunt the way you always hunt. The draft mechanic is probably more a distraction to the hunt than a guide. Grab surface insights if you see them, but don’t try to dig deep. It’s pointless.

If you have some brilliant theory then by all means, speculate.

I don’t care to waste my time.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 pm MacDougal is mafia yall
Please tell me all about it. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 pm
MAcDougalFIA

confirmed
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo, the last time I saw you goofing off you were mafia in a burglary, KNAWMSAYIN?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 pm

:noble: If people keep calling me brilliant I might start believing them. :srsnod:

I think it's bad to ignore draft mechanics I think it can be key to catching scum, even if it doesn't it allows players to talk and to gain insight from how they react. I'm not sure that I like you proclaiming that you're going to be playing a supetown game and your general posts since that proclamation, I think it's about a 60/40 chance right now that you're actually mafia. :shrug:
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm sprityo, the last time I saw you goofing off you were mafia in a burglary, KNAWMSAYIN?
naw b

it's logical for me to goof off because its fun, its illogical for JumpingJazzyJack to do such nonsense.

i dont have a playstyle, im just a really shitty player and yet you guys keep letting me play these games :workit:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 pm

:noble: If people keep calling me brilliant I might start believing them. :srsnod:

I think it's bad to ignore draft mechanics I think it can be key to catching scum, even if it doesn't it allows players to talk and to gain insight from how they react. I'm not sure that I like you proclaiming that you're going to be playing a supetown game and your general posts since that proclamation, I think it's about a 60/40 chance right now that you're actually mafia. :shrug:
Your calculator is broken. I don’t give a shit what you’re sure you like.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

WOW.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I think there's a 5/24 chance that Jay is cscum.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

That's not even right, I'm an idiot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya
Kylemii
gwilikers6
Dragon D. Luffy
nutella
sig
rundontwalk

Don’t lynch them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

The Olympic Opening Ceremony has already played "Gangam Style" at least twice. XD
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] ISO links pls
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

He gave a strong role to somebody not in the thread and then was all "lol what's going on idk"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 pm @colonialbob
@sprityo
@Kites
@Marmot
@Long Con
@Iron_Dwarf
@Dr. White

I want rabbit to make me a Cleric
Okay. Um...now it's your turn.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] don't forget you have to draft someone else's role too

I'd appreciate if mercenary and knight were put into active hands.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm Jackofhearts2005 ISO links pls
seconded :x
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sprit I'd like Pegasus Knight or Mercenary, I think.

Are there any other players here without a role?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 pm
He gave a strong role to somebody not in the thread and then was all "lol what's going on idk"
Valid gripe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm Sprit I'd like Pegasus Knight or Mercenary, I think.

colonialbob
Kites
Marmot
Iron_Dwarf
Dr. White
Long Con

still need roles
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm Sprit I'd like Pegasus Knight or Mercenary, I think.

colonialbob
Kites
Marmot
Iron_Dwarf
Dr. White
Long Con

still need roles
That colonialbob is top bants.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

gwilikers6 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pmThere's definitely a chance something like this happened, but is it really worth thinking about at this point in the game? And even when we know a scum, there'll be so much wifom to sort through, and I think Dunya's right about the way in which the draft was done kinda preventing such things from happening, to an extent at least.
I don't think it's worth thinking about, I was explaining my reasoning to dunya about how the mafia might try to set themselves up without drawing attention to themselves, which itself was a tangential discussion to dunya asking me what kind of player I would choose to be a wyvern rider.

at best I think the draft order can be used as support for possible player links but I don't think it should be the sole basis for suspicion on anyone unless there's something especially fucked up that demands attention.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I make Cbob a Mercenary
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

That's funny because I was going to say ColonialBob was mafia based on his plane taxi post. It just felt laid on thick to me. I mean I am on a tropical island 20 feet from the ocean but you didn't know that because I am genuinely distracted and disinterested whereas he had that scummy forced connectivity to the thread that makes you say unnecessary things.

Also I think RDW is a civ. Dunya is a civ. Epignosis and sig are sus. Jimmy is a civ. Colin is a civ. gwilikers6 is sus. Spirityo and nutella are civ. Kyle is a civ. Quin is sus. Rabbit is a civ. Everybody else is null. Brb fishing.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 pm That's funny because I was going to say ColonialBob was mafia based on his plane taxi post. It just felt laid on thick to me. I mean I am on a tropical island 20 feet from the ocean but you didn't know that because I am genuinely distracted and disinterested whereas he had that scummy forced connectivity to the thread that makes you say unnecessary things.

Also I think RDW is a civ. Dunya is a civ. Epignosis and sig are sus. Jimmy is a civ. Colin is a civ. gwilikers6 is sus. Spirityo and nutella are civ. Kyle is a civ. Quin is sus. Rabbit is a civ. Everybody else is null. Brb fishing.
No u

Return to “Previous Jobs”