Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 am
dunya wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 pm Has rabbit8 disappeared since the other night? Would we have been waiting for him all this time had Jack not moved the drafting along? Don't think it's a smart scum-move to leave the thread hanging the way he did, so I don't really think he's playing as part of a team. :nicenod:
Inactivity is NAI imo.
He was online. It's not inactivity, it's a conscious decision to not pass the draft on. If he was scum, I feel like he would have been more inclined to move it on.
Still NAI imo.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:52 am
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 am
dunya wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 pm Has rabbit8 disappeared since the other night? Would we have been waiting for him all this time had Jack not moved the drafting along? Don't think it's a smart scum-move to leave the thread hanging the way he did, so I don't really think he's playing as part of a team. :nicenod:
Inactivity is NAI imo.
He was online. It's not inactivity, it's a conscious decision to not pass the draft on. If he was scum, I feel like he would have been more inclined to move it on.
Still NAI imo.
That's fine. You do you, I do me. :keys:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, there is a reason he didn't post, but it can be due to a number of non-game related reasons. I've consciously not done things in mafia a lot of times, usually because I was watching anime or some shit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

For that matter, he hasn't logged in for two days. So whatever his reason is, it's a reason not to go online in MS whatsoever, not just some in-game agenda.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wait did I say something I only have access because I'm a mod? Its probably bad if I did.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

How do you see last login info?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Oh yea. Probs. But it's ok since you saw it now everyone else knows it too.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

... yeah it's not a big deal but I'll refrain from doing it again. I shouldn't make use of my assymetric information.

In my other site staff players tend to call out lurkers who hide their status which is not exactly cheating but leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I don't disbelieve he's not been on since then. My issue is he was here when it was his turn to draft, someone asked him for a role and he said "no" then disapeared. If he was scum, I am more inclined to believe he would have said yes and moved it along. Or something.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Kenway »

Quin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm I don't think with the way the role distribution panned out yesterday that would have been necessary or possible. It was a whoever was online first and asking for a role.
I think it's likely that scum would plan for that.
plan for what exactly?
Making sure they're in the thread to improve their chances of getting the role they want. It's more likely that they'd do this than draft out of left field.
I was here when the drafts started, I think the don would've been picked right around the time the drafts started or after but not before, so the don picking out teammates and them subsequently planning for roles in that whirlwind is pretty unlikely. If you looked at the first drafts, it was people who knew each other, then I gave Kylemii Sage because I got Mage and from there he proceeded to continue the line of drafts from the regulars of this site.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 am I don't disbelieve he's not been on since then. My issue is he was here when it was his turn to draft, someone asked him for a role and he said "no" then disapeared. If he was scum, I am more inclined to believe he would have said yes and moved it along. Or something.
Oh I see it now, I missed that post.

Yeah I don't want to engage in that type of angle now but I suppose it's slightly indicative of alignment, in the way I described a while ago.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:07 am @Kenway now that i think about it, why did you pick the mage instead of the sage which is basically the mage's dad
Before the game started I picked the Robin avatar. Also, I can change jobs. Sage can't.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:02 am
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm I don't think with the way the role distribution panned out yesterday that would have been necessary or possible. It was a whoever was online first and asking for a role.
plan for what exactly?
Making sure they're in the thread to improve their chances of getting the role they want. It's more likely that they'd do this than draft out of left field.
I was here when the drafts started, I think the don would've been picked right around the time the drafts started or after but not before, so the don picking out teammates and them subsequently planning for roles in that whirlwind is pretty unlikely. If you looked at the first drafts, it was people who knew each other, then I gave Kylemii Sage because I got Mage and from there he proceeded to continue the line of drafts from the regulars of this site.
Actually the don and his teammates were chosen before drafting began.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 am
plan for what exactly?
We know this how? News to me. Well I guess that means no one's picked me for the bad team, hurray!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

No hurray here. I've been civ so many times in this site I was hoping people would finally let me bad. Or at least the sheer curiosity from not having seen me as bad would get the best of them.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Not Even Day 0]

Post by dunya »

[mention]Kenway[/mention] because it was asked before and the mod specified they were:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 am The don has been selected (as of an unspecified time yesterday :noble: ).

Role draft will start today.
Was the mafia all picked before role draft started?
Yes.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 am
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:07 am
plan for what exactly?
We know this how? News to me. Well I guess that means no one's picked me for the bad team, hurray!
also knowing kenway the way I know kenway, I'd say this was a pretty damn genuine reaction. :nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DDL no, there's nothing to suspect about my posts, it's all just real. I refrained from admitting that I didn't know whether I was Civ or bad, because that's just to La Dee Da, but I could have said it honestly in my earlier post. I am not bad.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Those reactions always ring warning bells for me tbh.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am Those reactions always ring warning bells for me tbh.
:nicenod:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am DDL no, there's nothing to suspect about my posts, it's all just real. I refrained from admitting that I didn't know whether I was Civ or bad, because that's just to La Dee Da, but I could have said it honestly in my earlier post. I am not bad.
Did I say why you gave me a bad feeling?

Answer: I just thought you wantng to explain why you were clueless felt unnecessary and bad.

But you have this "friendly dummy" attitude in most games which gives me pause.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 am
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am Those reactions always ring warning bells for me tbh.
“See guys, I can’t be scum. I didn’t even know those scum were chosen yet!!”
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am
sorry, I'd say that about anyone else in the world (I've even said that in this thread about sprityo and sig maybe when they were all huffed and puffed out about not being chosen to be mafia?) but not Kenway. That feigning ignorance sort of thing is just not his style at all. He'll happily deceive you, but this particular kind of manipulation and lying and fake oversighting is not Kenway.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Kites[/mention], I've seen you online down there a few times but no new posts. What's going on in that head of yours?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am DDL no, there's nothing to suspect about my posts, it's all just real. I refrained from admitting that I didn't know whether I was Civ or bad, because that's just to La Dee Da, but I could have said it honestly in my earlier post. I am not bad.

Answer: I just thought you wantng to explain why you were clueless felt unnecessary and bad.

the only game I've played with a scum Long Con was Seinfeld and that was heavily disguised in roleplay. I've heard a lot of scary things about Long Con's abilities as scum, but apart from witnessing his short time in Phenom 2 (which was also a sock puppet game and he took a bad gambit in it and cut his time short), I haven't seen him in action. can you link me to appease my curiosity?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am
sorry, I'd say that about anyone else in the world (I've even said that in this thread about sprityo and sig maybe when they were all huffed and puffed out about not being chosen to be mafia?) but not Kenway. That feigning ignorance sort of thing is just not his style at all. He'll happily deceive you, but this particular kind of manipulation and lying and fake oversighting is not Kenway.
That's good to know, although generally I prefer to form my own impressions over trusting meta.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:15 am No hurray here. I've been civ so many times in this site I was hoping people would finally let me bad. Or at least the sheer curiosity from not having seen me as bad would get the best of them.
has anyone on here played with a scum DDL (on another site)?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 am
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am
That's good to know, although generally I prefer to form my own impressions over trusting meta.
I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm sticking to my hunches based on what I know. Unless Kenway has developed some serious snake skin, I don't think he'd fake ignorance in that way on a game mechanic and write a paragraph format post about it. Nah.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Updated 1st post by JOH:

Prince Rico's Army of Goodguyia
Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

----

So JJJ, RDW and Marmot are the first three recruits of Rico's army.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm
rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 pm Do you think dunya is town because you "trust" her or, better answer, because you have analyzed her posts and compared to historical record?

If you said she was town because you "trust" her that would be horrifying​
When Epignosis expressed trust for sig, do you think he was pulling that out of his ass?
When is Epignosis not pulling things out of his ass?

That's like his MO.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 am Updated 1st post by JOH:

Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

----

Which means what?
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 am

the only game I've played with a scum Long Con was Seinfeld and that was heavily disguised in roleplay. I've heard a lot of scary things about Long Con's abilities as scum, but apart from witnessing his short time in Phenom 2 (which was also a sock puppet game and he took a bad gambit in it and cut his time short), I haven't seen him in action. can you link me to appease my curiosity?
I'm not sure I've I played a game with scum LC.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:15 am No hurray here. I've been civ so many times in this site I was hoping people would finally let me bad. Or at least the sheer curiosity from not having seen me as bad would get the best of them.
has anyone on here played with a scum DDL (on another site)?
No need to.

Look for Guess Who (side mission), Felt Mafia 2 (side mission) and The Search for Quin (Heist).

It's just that 3 games in 3 years is not much imo.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

----

Having played with Jay and rdw many times, I can’t buy confident town reads on either one of them on a day zero. How confident in these are you, and why? Marmot as well, as so far all he’s really done is post light hearted jokey stuff, which seems to be his MO in all games I’ve played with him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am

Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

----

Which means what?
I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm from Allyia, so I'm guessing RDW, JJJ and Marmot are from Goodguyia and can recruit people to them?

Unless someone is from Goodguyia and isn't in the army, then that theory is debunked.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:57 am

Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

----

Having played with Jay and rdw many times, I can’t buy confident town reads on either one of them on a day zero. How confident in these are you, and why? Marmot as well, as so far all he’s really done is post light hearted jokey stuff, which seems to be his MO in all games I’ve played with him.
I'm not confident at all. I'm copy/pasting the mod's post. See below:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 am Prince Rico's Army of Goodguyia
Ricochet - Lord
JaggedJimmyJay - Paladin
rundontwalk - Cavalier 1
Marmot - Cavalier 2

Recruitable Players
ColinIsCool - Fighter 2
dunya - Thief 1
Kenway - Mage
Kylemii - Sage
Quin - Myrmidon 1
lapluie - Thief 2
gwilikers6 - Monk
Dragon D. Luffy - Myrmidon 2
nutella - Pegasus Knight 1
TonyStarkPrime - Shaman
DrWilgy - Pirate
Epignosis - Troubadour
sig - Wyvern Rider
MacDougall - Fighter 1
rabbit8 - Pegasus Knight 2
sprityo - Cleric
colonialbob - Mercenary
Long Con - Pegasus Knight 3
Kites - Archer
Dr. White - Nomad
Iron_Dwarf - Knight

Replacement Units that Show Up In the Final Chapters
Sloonei - Lord
Speedchuck - Waifu Lord

The Evil Army of Badguyia
Five Finger General Thumb
Five Finger General Pointer
Five Finger General Middle
Five Finger General Ring
Five Finger General Pinky
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Does this mean the three are confirmed civ?

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:59 amWhat's M&S?
S&M, but backwards?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LOL go ahead and suspect me if you like. The rumors of my awesomeness are vastly, vastly overrated. I don't actually have very good Mafia playing skills, it's all a smoke screen.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:31 am Is it just me or Marmot is waaaaaaay more talkative than usual?

Not sure is that's alignment indicative or not.
It's just you. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not sure if I'm prepared to live in an universe where Marmot is confirmed civ.

The whole idea sounds alien in my mind.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 pm I'm not sure if I'm prepared to live in an universe where Marmot is confirmed civ.

I'm here to debunk that theory anyway.

It appears that there are particular roles in Ricochet's army: Paladin and Cavalier. All of those roles now exist in Ricochet's army.

Our alignment has no impact on the role we received, so you can go on believing I'm not confirmed civilian.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

O shit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 pm I'm not sure if I'm prepared to live in an universe where Marmot is confirmed civ.

It appears that there are particular roles in Ricochet's army: Paladin and Cavalier. All of those roles now exist in Ricochet's army.

Our alignment has no impact on the role we received, so you can go on believing I'm not confirmed civilian.
Back to my confort zone.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

So you're not from Goodguyia?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

The OP does say that all scum are from Badguyia though.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Dunno, haven't gotten a backstory yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 pm

so how did you debunk the theory?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You needn’t worry about it. I’m confirmed civilian by virtue of being JaggedJimmyJay.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 pm

so how did you debunk the theory?
I can be a civilian and not from Goodguyia right?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”