Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm As for Kyle, I've already commented about how his posts lack any semblance of scumhunting despite the high post count, and I wonder why he and the rest of you ignored.

What is your read in Kyle, people?
I read Kyle as a civilian on the strength of his tone. This post in particular read positively to me. Kyle should answer to your assertions though.
This is fair. And it does kill my case that Kyle has made zero work at reading alignments. But this post is still not very hard for mafia to make, considering its content being mostly related to game mechanics.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

In NF we use

[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:

It usually works.

But your method with caps and underline works fine too.]
aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:53 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:07 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:05 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:00 pm I haven't "allowed" you to take the front seat. You took it by force. If you keep posting at this rate then I am never going to lead the thread in posts even if I want to.
:feb: challenge accepted.
On a serious note, it's not just about number of posts, it's about general contributions. You've goofed around a lot under the Paladin guise, I am the greatest this and I am the greatest that and woe all those who are not my subordinates or some shit, and I just want to make sure you're who you claim to be. :meany:
From where I'm sitting JJJ has contributes the *most* reads and real content. The signal to noise ratio might be a little higher than normal but there's still plenty of signal there.
I think the premise is that we should accept players to have a high amount of noise due to the specific nature of this day 0, as in, how it forced us to dwell in game mechanics.

Even with that, some players have already made an effort to extract a mafia game from this madness, while some haven't. Jay did, Dunya did, I believe I did.
Ayup. This guy gets it. (Not speaking to your or dunya's contributions, need to go back and review I think, but the general principle)
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm OH man I am so fucked :haha:

Thanks jack I appreciate it
I....don't understand.
Jack gave me a double edged sword passive regarding lynches

I can’t quote word for word but it essentially means I’m easy to lynch AND I’m a target for mafia because I’m a Doctor role

I’m. So. Dead.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm As for Kyle, I've already commented about how his posts lack any semblance of scumhunting despite the high post count, and I wonder why he and the rest of you ignored.

What is your read in Kyle, people?
Kyle has been accused of this in nearly every game he's played in. He often focuses on game mechanics instead of scum hunting and people think that's scummy. I think it's Kyle falling into meta, whether its WIFOM or not is yet to be determined, but he seems easy flowing and helpful in his contributions so far. I expect scum Kyle (which I have witnessed once before on a different forum), to be a little more offstandish than this. civ Kyle is someone who posts his thoughts without thinking them through, and theorizes out loud; both of which I think he's done plenty of so far after going through his ISO again now.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I....don't understand.

I can’t quote word for word but it essentially means I’m easy to lynch AND I’m a target for mafia because I’m a Doctor role

I’m. So. Dead.
Then it sounds like you better get your butt in the hunt while you're still here. :srsnod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
This post along with your general attitude of posting "good" when I said I want to lynch you (tongue in cheek mostly, for your--I assumed--tongue in cheek posts) make me scratch my head. It's like you're itching to be lynched? Idgi. Why else would you share this info with us?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
Then it sounds like you better get your butt in the hunt while you're still here. :srsnod:
Show me de wae SuperTown Jimmy
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
This post along with your general attitude of posting "good" when I said I want to lynch you (tongue in cheek mostly, for your--I assumed--tongue in cheek posts) make me scratch my head. It's like you're itching to be lynched? Idgi. Why else would you share this info with us?
well the prior information doesn’t correspond to the new present since I didn’t have my background to my role yet.

So your connections don’t match up, in regards to sharing: I don’t want to have some kinda silly vote on me and end up Lynched when someone else clearly had more votes and cause some kind of schism in the rational of the game.

Unless of course there’s the case of role reveals upon death which off the top of my head I can’t remember is a thing
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm Show me de wae SuperTown Jimmy
I have no real read on Kites. Look at those posts and gimme something.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sorry ddl one sec.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
well the prior information doesn’t correspond to the new present since I didn’t have my background to my role yet.

So your connections don’t match up, in regards to sharing: I don’t want to have some kinda silly vote on me and end up Lynched when someone else clearly had more votes and cause some kind of schism in the rational of the game.

Unless of course there’s the case of role reveals upon death which off the top of my head I can’t remember is a thing
are you saying if you have even 1 vote on you, you will be lynched instead of any other lynchee? :huh:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I missed this post earlier, but looked at it now when JJJ linked to Kite's ISO:
Kites wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:19 pm i wonder
how can i not
recognise him
being the same blood
:ponder: I'm assuming he posted this after he got his backstory. Kyle/Quin/Kenway/gwilikers6 -- any info on what that is?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm
I don’t know this person’s mafia experience, but by the looks of it he’s made some minor slip ups and questions I personally find as “new guy” looking, which begs is it a dumb card looking for validity or is this setup really messing with how they’re thinking?.

I’m not familiar with kenway but kites says he thinks kenway has a sincere reaction to....I don’t know what and I’m not gonna go looking on Mobile rn

Overall null- will come back to
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:21 pm

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.

are you saying if you have even 1 vote on you, you will be lynched instead of any other lynchee? :huh:
No. But in a particular instance that could be the case
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.

damn. what is it with you and attracting bastard roles? (miller in pizza mafia) :haha:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by colonialbob »

Dunya seems good, although tinfoil says her pushing for townie rdw to get the wyvern role would be a good way to get cred.

DDL's push on Kyle feels forced and fake-ish. Kyle seems like town Kyle so far.

Don't like sprit's catch 22 claim.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
If you die, I'll just restart k?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm
I don’t know this person’s mafia experience, but by the looks of it he’s made some minor slip ups and questions I personally find as “new guy” looking, which begs is it a dumb card looking for validity or is this setup really messing with how they’re thinking?.

I’m not familiar with kenway but kites says he thinks kenway has a sincere reaction to....I don’t know what and I’m not gonna go looking on Mobile rn

Overall null- will come back to
Kites is a great mafia player, very suspicious by nature when he's civ. I think this setup is overwhelming with so much info to take in and remember, even for me, and I have the added advantage of knowing everyone playing here--he doesn't. He mentioned the setup looked complex and overwhelming before the game even started, so I'm going to give him some time to adjust and get familiar.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob is sticking conclusive reads in this thread and doesn't give a shit about prevailing opinion. He's a strong town read now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm tempted to give Kites civilian credit for registering with that username instead of Tlazolteotlxzfgdfhsdfhbsdgbfg

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 pm Dunya seems good, although tinfoil says her pushing for townie rdw to get the wyvern role would be a good way to get cred.
look at dat disgusting tinfoil. a better way to have tried to get cred would have been giving any townie the wyvern role myself, #ballstothewall style :keys: think 'bout dat.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm
I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.

damn. what is it with you and attracting bastard roles? (miller in pizza mafia) :haha:
:shrug: I’m a bastard of a person I guess
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm I'm tempted to give Kites civilian credit for registering with that username instead of Tlazolteotlxzfgdfhsdfhbsdgbfg
he's finnish so what do you expect? :meany:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

It's Day 1? Cool.

Okay.

You are the mafia leader.

What names do you pick to be on your team?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]dunya[/mention] it doesn’t Best the time I got Lynched day one as civilian, replaced into mafia, got Lynched Day 2
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm It's Day 1? Cool.

Okay.

JJJ
Epignosis
MacDougall
rundontwalk
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ohman, I'm drooling just imagining that dream team right there.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Okay.

Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:19 pm sorry ddl one sec.
No problem. You know me, I need to suspect people. So if it looks like I'm reaching it's because I probably am, but you have been my best case so far.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:31 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm Rdw is clearly LeBron.
http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_ ... n_love.htm

Poor marmot, living in RDW's shadow. :bighug:
its k, basketball isn't my main gig.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thanks, dunya.

It would be good if everyone participating could answer that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Parroting on the Kenway thing. Says he thought the same thing which is meaningless in retrospect. low post count. Give me a neutral leaning slightly bad.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Ebwop:

JJJ
Dunya
Marmot
Cbob
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay.

I'd probably throw the dice and make tweaks if I feel the universe dealt me a problematic hand (too many from one site, too many low posters, etc).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I mean who wouldnt pick the most prevelant posters to be on their mafia team?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Okay.

Don't have much experience with anybody so I'm randoming it all. Probably making sure I have at least one person I've played with but I haven't been mafia teammates with anybody in this game except TSP so no strong preferences.

Boring answer, I know.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 amI don't like how Kyle is the one of the high posters who has done nothing so far in terms of reading people's alignments.

But I recall accusing him of a similar thing last game so dejavu.

I guess he just likes to talk about game mechanics. Maybe.
I tend to play more passively early on. My early game skills aren't really that great. I tend to listen and follow along and ask questions and point things out, as well as review players that other people find suspicious to see if I agree. I don't really start getting shit done til like.... Day 2 or 3.

As far as mechanics go... I do tend to get wrapped up in analyzing them. Especially when they're as cool and complicated as in this game, and even moreso when it's a game that's made from a source material that I care a lot about.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

let's have more draft games pls ok?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Okay.

I'd probably throw the dice and make tweaks if I feel the universe dealt me a problematic hand (too many from one site, too many low posters, etc).
Why do you continue to go out of your way and hurt me, dude? why? :puppy:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For me:

dunya
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
nutella
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:47 pm For me:

dunya
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
nutella
Explain to me LC and Nutella cause I haven’t paid them much attention
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okay.

Epignosis
Long Con
Quin
some new person. let's say... ColinIsCool

You I know can deliver as bad. LC I don't know, but he's good overall and I'd enjoy the WIFOM possibilities of you two bussing each other. Quin is a more low key player who is hard to read so it balances out. I'd add a new person for statistical balance.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:45 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 amI don't like how Kyle is the one of the high posters who has done nothing so far in terms of reading people's alignments.

But I recall accusing him of a similar thing last game so dejavu.

I guess he just likes to talk about game mechanics. Maybe.
I tend to play more passively early on. My early game skills aren't really that great. I tend to listen and follow along and ask questions and point things out, as well as review players that other people find suspicious to see if I agree. I don't really start getting shit done til like.... Day 2 or 3.

As far as mechanics go... I do tend to get wrapped up in analyzing them. Especially when they're as cool and complicated as in this game, and even moreso when it's a game that's made from a source material that I care a lot about.
Yeah dejavu is a bitch.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
nutella
K, I see what you're doing, but it's full of WIFOM.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:47 pm Why do you continue to go out of your way and hurt me, dude? why? :puppy:
You can be one of the tweaks if you like. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm I actually enjoy games with no poll for a few reasons. The obvious disadvantage is that it's hell for the host to count them, and makes it harder for the players to know what's going on. But it makes it easier to see when votes happened compared to each other, and there is something very satisfying about killing people using your text.
It is a rule in this game to post when you vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 pm

dunya
JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
nutella
K, I see what you're doing, but it's full of WIFOM.
For example: I may say I would have Jay on my team, because that would be the dream team, but realistically, if I really was chosen as the don, I probably would think of how great an implication me flipping would have on Jay as a teammate and would instead leave him out, etc.

In the end, my team wouldn't consist of vocal town leaders and mafia masterminds (imo). It would be a great big mix and people I wouldn't implicate when I flip as the don. Even if I did it randomly, I'd tweak it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I....don't understand.

I’m. So. Dead.
You coulda let me be the Cleric, and you could be the confirmed civilian cavalier.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Okay.

Epignsois.

VOTE EPIGNOSIS

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”