Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by gwilikers6 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:03 pm JJJ: sorry, I erased a sentence in there and didn’t ever rephrase it. Your assertions of being super town and huge level of activity (note: dunya also has earned this vibe) seem sketchy. I’ve seen in almost every game I’ve ever played that mafioso/anti-town who wants to be a leader and it’s an automatic flag from me.

On mobile but let me dig up the posts re: your second point.
Supertown Jimmy is a character. He stems from RYM game #55. It's a running gag.

Every time I say that mafia members don't blow threads up, I hear dissent and I always end up right. Mafia members can make a lot of posts. Mafia members can lead the thread in posts (they rarely do, but it can happen). In over 100 games of Mafia though across about 10-12 websites, I have never seen a single mafioso completely dominate the post count of a fast-moving game to the degree that dunya has in this game other than a single instance from MovingPictures07 (Mafia Championship Scrimmage, this site).

The next time I see it from someone other than MP will be the first time.
I have totes blown up the thread as scum before. I was Neil Patrick Harris and I won.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hmm I want to believe Mac, idk if he'd fake the not knowing alignment thing as scum and it checks out with him being on vacation
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm It's Day 1? Cool.

Okay.

You are the mafia leader.

What names do you pick to be on your team?
Wilgy
Marmot
Rabbit
Mac
ImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I would pick four people I didn't know.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm Dunya can you provide an analysis of your read on me please?
the holiday plea was genuine, sure, but I would say NAI because you could be frustrated civ or scum at not having the capacities to contribute more.

It's the confusion on your alignment that rang very true to me (I think anyone whose backstory is linked to someplace other than Goodguyia would be confused of alignment specifically? maybe?). It wasn't a "I don't know if I've been recruited to the mafia or not" or "has the mafia team been selected already?" like some others, it was "so, what is my alliance / what is my win condition?". I hate to town read you based on a game mechanic like that, and something that may be really puke worthy info dumping, but info dumping is allowed in this game and I went through the exact same thought process, so I can't unsee it anymore. :shrug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, if someone throws shit at MacD, he will throw that shit back in your face almost immediately, with a lot more aggressiveness, whether he is civ or scum. I know that much from MacDougall, so I would never build a whole case around him based solely on omgus. I may have felt worse about him had he not mentioned the alliance thing, but unfortunately (or fortunately?), I'm going to town read him now based on logistics like that cos it happened. I won't by lynching him today.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:02 pm So at no point did you say anything similar to what he said you did? Because I said something that is fair for him to have summarised in that way on the last page.
I don't recall saying anything about the likelihood that X player would select me. All I said on the matter is that I wasn't picked. You said you're often the subject of scrutiny, which is more of a sig reason to civilian read you (Mac gets too much shit too often) than "Mac is too obvious". It's almost the opposite.
:sigh:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm not seeing a mafia mac right now.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Kites wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm also does anyone have contradicting role / backstory info regarding your gender? archers are females and i’m a woman according to my backstory, i just wanna know if they’re intended to match or not

i’ll try to be more active tomorrow. for me it’s really hard to catch up and come up with original cases and stuff someone else hasn’t already said if i’m not there at the start, i feel like i’m constantly 10 steps behind everyone else
good night
I am a man but I look like a woman. I'm not sure what you mean by "archers are females", is this established somewhere? This strikes me as fishing for people's genders for something role related. Could obviously be either a town or a scum role, but noted.
I asked you this before: how do you know you look like a woman? Did your role come with a photo? I didn't get one.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm
Kites wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm also does anyone have contradicting role / backstory info regarding your gender? archers are females and i’m a woman according to my backstory, i just wanna know if they’re intended to match or not

i’ll try to be more active tomorrow. for me it’s really hard to catch up and come up with original cases and stuff someone else hasn’t already said if i’m not there at the start, i feel like i’m constantly 10 steps behind everyone else
good night
I am a man but I look like a woman. I'm not sure what you mean by "archers are females", is this established somewhere? This strikes me as fishing for people's genders for something role related. Could obviously be either a town or a scum role, but noted.
I asked you this before: how do you know you look like a woman? Did your role come with a photo? I didn't get one.
also, I think [mention]Kites[/mention] meant to say archers are males and he's a woman. or archers are females and he's a man. The sentence and contradiction doesn't exist in his post as it stands now.

Let us know what you meant, Kites.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

Archers are both genders :shrug:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 pm Mac looks town to me. Colin, slightly suspicious although I do agree with the part of that post regarding Jay's tunneling of Mac, which I find a bit pedantic, but not necessarily in a scummy way.
I feel the opposite. Colin looks town to me and Mac less so.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:50 pm hmm I want to believe Mac, idk if he'd fake the not knowing alignment thing as scum and it checks out with him being on vacation
Explain the relevance of how "it" checks out with him being on vacation. What is it? I don't follow.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:50 pm hmm I want to believe Mac, idk if he'd fake the not knowing alignment thing as scum and it checks out with him being on vacation
Explain the relevance of how "it" checks out with him being on vacation. What is it? I don't follow.
His confusion about alignment. He probably missed when the rules were clarified
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 pm Mac looks town to me. Colin, slightly suspicious although I do agree with the part of that post regarding Jay's tunneling of Mac, which I find a bit pedantic, but not necessarily in a scummy way.
I've heard your take on Mac, even though you seemed to think his response to your "why sprityo" question was reasonable, but what makes you feel good about Colin?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

good night
My background PM said that. It's a flavor thing to provide an explanation for a power of sorts.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

But Kites' message there makes me think gender will play more of a role in the game than I would have thought from what I got.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 pm
I've heard your take on Mac, even though you seemed to think his response to your "why sprityo" question was reasonable, but what makes you feel good about Colin?
Colin voiced trepidation about Jay and his supatownieness that I feel similarly, but couldn't state so clearly.

So yes, I think Colin is town for speaking my mind. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:10 pm

good night
My background PM said that. It's a flavor thing to provide an explanation for a power of sorts.
You mentioned gender a few times, then--how your character is male, but looks like a female.

Why is Kites fishing for gender information and you're not?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 pm I'm not seeing a mafia mac right now.
Tell me what a mafia mac looks like.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 pm But Kites' message there makes me think gender will play more of a role in the game than I would have thought from what I got.
If you read JOH's flavor message to commence Day 1, he specifically used male and female pronouns so yes, character gender will be relevant.

"Thumb now looked exactly like the one he had killed."

"Pointer said while wiping the blood from his weapon"

"Middle was looking forward to facing the prince on the battlefield." - gender unspecified

"Ring's blade pierced a man's skull with ease." - gender unspecified

"Pinky smiled as darkness rose behind her."

We know Thumb and Pointer are male, Pinky is female and Middle and Ring are still unknown.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I just posted that flavor text because I thought it was funny and really doesn't give anything away about my role. Kites post is specifically asking how other players' genders were handled, which I'm interpreting as feeling out for info that may be important to his role. Plus the way he asked it just makes very little sense to me. There may be a typo there, but still I don't understand why archers would only be one gender or why he would be trying to figure that out if it wasn't somehow important to his role.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Should we assume gender is binary for the sake of this game?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:12 pm But Kites' message there makes me think gender will play more of a role in the game than I would have thought from what I got.
If you read JOH's flavor message to commence Day 1, he specifically used male and female pronouns so yes, character gender will be relevant.

"Middle was looking forward to facing the prince on the battlefield." - gender unspecified

We know Thumb and Pointer are male, Pinky is female and Middle and Ring are still unknown.
I'm not sure I'm ready to read into story text like that. This could all be coincidental. I don't see why JOH would reveal actual bad guys' genders with a story there exclusively for flavor.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, y'all already know my gender. :goofp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 pm

I'm not sure I'm ready to read into story text like that. This could all be coincidental. I don't see why JOH would reveal actual bad guys' genders with a story there exclusively for flavor.
Why would some of us be male and some of us female, then? I think I'll take all the contextual clues I can get. I can see character genders being significant, and if not, what's the harm in accounting for them anyway?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:22 pm Also, y'all already know my gender. :goofp:
I don't. :shifty:
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

No harm, surely. I'm not going to let the idea that scum must be comprised of so many males and so many females effect my thinking at all though.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:22 pm Also, y'all already know my gender. :goofp:
I don't. :shifty:
I'm one of the cavaliers in the Night 0 story. I had a very important role to play.

Notice me Senpai! :pout:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

Seriously?

Pinky is female because the pinky is the weakest finger.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

actually, ooops, I may have jumped the gun there sorry.

I don't have a specified gender so.... :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm Pinky is female because the pinky is the weakest finger.
What?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Seriously?

Lynch this scum.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

And also, part of what I'm saying with calling out that Kites post is that gender will play some importance (certainly to Kites methinks), which is not something that MY role suggested. My role could work the same way without gender being mentioned at all, and it makes no reference to anyone else's gender.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Why do you think it’s purely for flavor?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Are there ever clues in story text? I feel like the mod putting clues in there to help the town kinda defeats the purpose of the game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 pm And also, part of what I'm saying with calling out that Kites post is that gender will play some importance (certainly to Kites methinks), which is not something that MY role suggested. My role could work the same way without gender being mentioned at all, and it makes no reference to anyone else's gender.
I still think Kites was just confused with an Archer being female and typod his confusion by using female/woman instead of male/woman. Maybe he thought Archers were exclusively male, and getting a female role in his backstory threw him for a loop. Perhaps learning people's genders is relevant to his role, but as someone who doesn't have a gender explicitly specified, I'm less inclined to believe that theory now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 pm I'm not seeing a mafia mac right now.
Tell me what a mafia mac looks like.
Me too.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 pm And also, part of what I'm saying with calling out that Kites post is that gender will play some importance (certainly to Kites methinks), which is not something that MY role suggested. My role could work the same way without gender being mentioned at all, and it makes no reference to anyone else's gender.
I still think Kites was just confused with an Archer being female and typod his confusion by using female/woman instead of male/woman. Maybe he thought Archers were exclusively male, and getting a female role in his backstory threw him for a loop. Perhaps learning people's genders is relevant to his role, but as someone who doesn't have a gender explicitly specified, I'm less inclined to believe that theory now.
Admittedly, you not having a gender does put a hole in my theory. Still keeping an eye on it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Dr Wilgy and Dr White should duel for the honour of being the village doctor and the other should become a reclusive drunk.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 122

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Kenway »

dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 am
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 am
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am Those reactions always ring warning bells for me tbh.
:nicenod:
“See guys, I can’t be scum. I didn’t even know those scum were chosen yet!!”
sorry, I'd say that about anyone else in the world (I've even said that in this thread about sprityo and sig maybe when they were all huffed and puffed out about not being chosen to be mafia?) but not Kenway. That feigning ignorance sort of thing is just not his style at all. He'll happily deceive you, but this particular kind of manipulation and lying and fake oversighting is not Kenway.
That's good to know, although generally I prefer to form my own impressions over trusting meta.
I wouldn't have it any other way, but I'm sticking to my hunches based on what I know. Unless Kenway has developed some serious snake skin, I don't think he'd fake ignorance in that way on a game mechanic and write a paragraph format post about it. Nah.
Thank you kindly, you're right on the money and you won't be let down, I promise :)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I thought gwilikers reference to his character's backstory was a joking reference to Lucius, the monk from fire emblem the blazing blade who is also the character their avatar is based on.
I don't remember if it was an in-game thing or a fandom thing but people tend to mistake him for a woman, because of his long hair and soft features.
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seriously?

:D
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am DDL no, there's nothing to suspect about my posts, it's all just real. I refrained from admitting that I didn't know whether I was Civ or bad, because that's just to La Dee Da, but I could have said it honestly in my earlier post. I am not bad.
This is also bad, and Spy also gave me similar vibes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Wrong quote.

Ahem.
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Seriously?

Lynch this scum.
:D
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 am DDL no, there's nothing to suspect about my posts, it's all just real. I refrained from admitting that I didn't know whether I was Civ or bad, because that's just to La Dee Da, but I could have said it honestly in my earlier post. I am not bad.
This is also bad, and Spy also gave me similar vibes.
who is Spy? do you mean sprityo?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

gender is not referenced in the sage role nor the sage background, everything uses the second person pronoun "you"
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 pm I thought gwilikers reference to his character's backstory was a joking reference to Lucius, the monk from fire emblem the blazing blade who is also the character their avatar is based on.
I don't remember if it was an in-game thing or a fandom thing but people tend to mistake him for a woman, because of his long hair and soft features.
I think it was most certainly included by JOH as a joke based on Lucius. Which is why I didn't think twice about other players genders until Kites posted that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want to read this thread. I really do.

There are 22 pages and every time I look at something it's speculation about game I'm not familiar with outside of Smash Bros. references.

In case you missed it:

You are the mafia leader.

What names did you pick to be mafia with you?

Return to “Previous Jobs”