Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Kites »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am I randomly <3 Kites.
furry animals are my weakness :grin:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 am @Marmot would you consider fiddler on the roof to have been an average town game for you, at least as far as the early parts of it?
I don't think I could in any capacity give a description or example of an average town game for me.
could I have a link to one then? :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am Okay back from holiday. But I still can't be fucked extrapolating on that afterthought gth post. So y'all will just have to suffer that.
k but you can say other stuff k
Yeah for sure.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 pm So, who's going to get nightkilled first?

Everyone knows everyone's abilities, right? The Mafia will kill the abilities that threaten them the most.... right?

Have I missed discussion on this?
I tried a few times, but was ignored.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.
:grin:
Did I peg you right already so you go for the linguistic call out? So sad.
That's Epi's job actually. As your resident English teacher.

But he has done it so much it has left the rest of us paranoid.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm I like Dr.White because I've never seen him before and he's telling everyone to get out of his way and DDL for getting stuck in before and more than anybody else despite the nature of the draft. There's nobody I dislike.
Sorry, what are you talking about? You mean when I took a while to give someone a role because I hadnt read the rules?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pmEpignosis - woman hater
would you put epi in a civ bucket or mad bucket
Honestly, I don't know. I'm tinfoiling hard and there's not much content/context to go by. All he's done of note apart from his WIOFM-infested exercise and insults to women ( :pout: ), is complain about not having read the thread and how he doesn't know what anything is (channeling his inner Eloh?), yet still town-read Long Con and gave sig a Wyvern Rider role--arguably our most lethal power. From what I've seen from my arguably short tenure on this website, is that Long Con and sig are usually his Day 0-Day 2 tunneling buddies, shit-flinging opponents, so I don't know how I feel about that. If it wasn't so grossly WIOFMy and tinfoily, I would call them all 3 teammates? :eek:

I've witnessed an amazing townie of Epi in Seinfeld and Mountains, so I hope to see glimpses of that soon. If not, I'm not afraid to lynch him because this isn't what I've come to expect of him. :shrug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] - what do you make out of Epignosis so far? Do you think his exercise serves a purpose that is townie-aligned?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm Also sprityo is mafia don. Discuss.
This is a very interesting theory figuring you called me town earlier, I’ll continue catching up and see what’s been said
I'm trying to figure out the point of this post and I can't.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kites wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 am
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:06 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Kites wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm also does anyone have contradicting role / backstory info regarding your gender? archers are females and i’m a woman according to my backstory, i just wanna know if they’re intended to match or not

i’ll try to be more active tomorrow. for me it’s really hard to catch up and come up with original cases and stuff someone else hasn’t already said if i’m not there at the start, i feel like i’m constantly 10 steps behind everyone else
good night
I am a man but I look like a woman. I'm not sure what you mean by "archers are females", is this established somewhere? This strikes me as fishing for people's genders for something role related. Could obviously be either a town or a scum role, but noted.
I asked you this before: how do you know you look like a woman? Did your role come with a photo? I didn't get one.
also, I think @Kites meant to say archers are males and he's a woman. or archers are females and he's a man. The sentence and contradiction doesn't exist in his post as it stands now.

Let us know what you meant, Kites.
oh my wording can be confusing sometimes :D
archers are referred to as ”her” there’s no contradiction, i wanted to know if that’s the case for everyone.

please don’t let this thing distract you tho. i asked because under certain, but very unlikely, conditions there’s an effect on my action so it’s a really minor thing and not worth paying attention at this point
Ok, I see. This falls in line with a few other things I've seen around here: like sprityo's slightly basterdized role, etc. I'm assuming since there's so many freaking powers that JOH had to counter the backstory addition power somehow with some stipulations. Makes sense. Your reasoning is sound for now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 am
This is a very interesting theory figuring you called me town earlier, I’ll continue catching up and see what’s been said
He's questioning MacD's sudden scum-read on him, that was given without any previous context after giving him civ credit earlier. I would also wonder what MacDougall's intent with that was had he named me as don after calling me civ. To anyone else, it seems like a sudden deflection of accusations that were being hurled his way.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:23 am
He's questioning MacD's sudden scum-read on him, that was given without any previous context after giving him civ credit earlier. I would also wonder what MacDougall's intent with that was had he named me as don after calling me civ. To anyone else, it seems like a sudden deflection of accusations that were being hurled his way.
No I mean

Why does sprityo feel the need to say that

When he himself is not caught up

And is expecting to see more info later.

Sounds like he just wants to throw shade at Mac.

Made it worse by the fact he did not adress some people's more explicit reasons to suspect him

VOTE SPRITYO
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm Would be interested in marmot and/or sprit. Ty :)
Marmot: I think in the couple games I've played with Marmot (Vocaroo and Mortal Kombat), I was able to actually read him in both accurately. While they were played in different mediums, and he was town aligned in one and scum in the other, respectively, I really like Marmot's proddings and line of questioning here and the volume of content he is producing. There was one post specifically, I was about to post the same thing and saw Marmot said it for me and I had this "am I witnessing a Town Marmot?" thought. It was this one:
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:08 pm
Considering your current suspicion level, this post looks like a deflect.

No suspicion of sprityo. Sprityo had not posted since your recent GTH scumlist. His name here doesn't make any sense to me.

Why sprityo?
Also, look at how much his reads have developed. He's not afraid of calling out anyone, and he's not focused on only a couple of players. He provides insight on opinions he disagrees with without prodding:
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 pm Mac looks town to me. Colin, slightly suspicious although I do agree with the part of that post regarding Jay's tunneling of Mac, which I find a bit pedantic, but not necessarily in a scummy way.
I feel the opposite. Colin looks town to me and Mac less so.
and he was quick to answer a follow up question on that, asked by me, which seemed genuine and spontaneous.

He even made a small Long Con / Epig team accusation then followed it up with an actual motive a short while later which implies to me he is actively trying to scum hunt this game and not just bullshit his way through. I agree, the amount of fluff posts compared to actual reads and accusations is a warped ratio, but every person plays differently and I'm really happily surprised to see this level of commitment from Marmot.
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:06 pm Obscure observation about Epignosis.

Epignosis requested mafia-teammate lists from Dr. White and myself, players who were active in the thread who had not (as far as Epignosis knew) posted such lists.

Epignosis did not make such a request from Long Con.
I like it. He's spreading his marmot paws out pretty well, and so far, I feel like we are on the same wavelength and that pleases me.

So for now, I'm giving Marmot the dunya-civ-seal-of-approval badge to wear:
Spoiler: show
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm Would be interested in marmot and/or sprit. Ty :)
As for sprityo, my case is maybe the polar opposite of everything I said about Marmot and possibly more meta/intuition-based than anything else.

He began acting shady pretty early on, and I feel someone with BTSC and a motive to appear helpful vs. suspicious wouldn't choose to go on a weirdness rampage as early as Day 0.

He came in right after receiving his backstory to throw even more shade on himself by outing his slightly basterdized role. This reminded me exactly of his town performance in the burglary I hosted where he was Miller. He acted chaotic throughout the game, almost begging to be lynched at a few points, and similar to his handling of his role here I think. That's mainly why I'm more inclined to believe sprityo is acting solo and not part of a team. Since there are no independents, only a town and a scum team, I'm going to call town on his chaoticmeta for now.

I haven't seen much of sprityo's town/scum performances, just to be clear. So if anyone sees my meta connections based on the burglary to conflict his usual meta, I'd appreciate the enlightenment.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 am
No I mean

Made it worse by the fact he did not adress some people's more explicit reasons to suspect him

VOTE SPRITYO
I post as I catch up, so it's not a huge red flag for me, but I kind of agree that going that far back would probably imply he's at least a little aware of the discussion that ensued after MacDougall did that. Does it really look like shade throwing, though?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am
Quin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm I like Dr.White because I've never seen him before and he's telling everyone to get out of his way and DDL for getting stuck in before and more than anybody else despite the nature of the draft. There's nobody I dislike.
Sorry, what are you talking about? You mean when I took a while to give someone a role because I hadnt read the rules?
I'm more concerned with "There's nobody I dislike." than his town reads on Dr. White and you. Quin doesn't dislike anyone yet.

Say what?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, off the top of my head----relevant, noteworthy things I remember Quin has done so far: zero. none. nuthin'. (ok that's a lie, I remember he tried to get a photo of Jay's butt, but that's it.) Why's that?

The same can be said about:
rabbit8, DrWilgy, lapluie
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Speaking of rabbit, I got a thought re: his delay of passing on the draft based on JOH rules. Trying to extend Day 0 by not picking will result in penalties to your faction. JOH showed clear frustration from rabbit8 in the the thread.

If rabbit is scum, the host may have denied the scum team a chance to post and claim a role after he gave free reign for the first person to do this to snag up whatever they wanted. In this scenario, sprityo is town.

If rabbit is town, the host may have spoken to the scum team BTSC and told them what he planned to post, so they could be the first to post after him and snag any role they requested and get the draft handed to them.

my mind amazed even me sometimes
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention], I see you online. Back from your weekend festivities. Without being full caught up with the thread, tell me some immediate thoughts you have right now about anyone or anything.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

oh also, VOTE QUIN

let's turn that heat up and start the bbqing guyz.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Running AUBERGINE Tally:

[2] TonyStarkPrime - Long Con, nutella
[1] MacDougall - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kites, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, rundontwalk, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

No I mean

VOTE SPRITYO
Idk as a mobile poster I often respond to older pays as I'm catching up because otherwise it can be hard to go back and find them / remember what sparked a reaction.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I made an oopsie in the tally wtr to DDL's new sprityo vote; fixed it:

Running AUBERGINE Tally:

[2] TonyStarkPrime - Long Con, nutella
[1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kites, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, rundontwalk, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 am
No I mean

VOTE SPRITYO
I post as I catch up, so it's not a huge red flag for me, but I kind of agree that going that far back would probably imply he's at least a little aware of the discussion that ensued after MacDougall did that. Does it really look like shade throwing, though?

I also just liked playing with the idea mac wouldn’t call me mafia don. :haha: I think he wasn’t just trying to be funny or something cause I don’t remember him really following up on it as I read on, at least a reasonable case wasn’t present for me to counter him on
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 am
No I mean

VOTE SPRITYO
Idk as a mobile poster I often respond to older pays as I'm catching up because otherwise it can be hard to go back and find them / remember what sparked a reaction.

^^^ I do 80% of My mafia playing on my phone
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 amI also just liked playing with the idea mac wouldn’t call me mafia don. :haha:
:confused: But he did call you mafia don. I don't see any element of "playing with it" in your post, what do you mean?
I think he wasn’t just trying to be funny or something cause I don’t remember him really following up on it as I read on, at least a reasonable case wasn’t present for me to counter him on
:confused: Do you mean he "was trying" to be funny?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:51 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 pm
Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 pm Oh wait, Sloonei isn't in this game, I have to pick another one up.

JJJ is the likeliest candidate but putting him and Dunya on a scum team is probably predictable, so I'll choose MacDougall instead. I don't know why but I always want to be on his good side. Also, I've been scum with him before, so there's that.
This post is so scummy you've gotta be town.
@cbob Thoughts?
If you're asking for my thoughts on cbob, I just looked through his posts and I'm pretty neutral on him. Lots of comments on setup and mechanics, which is generally something I look for in scum, but is more understandable in a game like this. I'm not sure how genuine his suspicion of Mac is coming off to me. As I've already said, I find that case to be pretty pedantic, maybe moreso from Jay than from cbob, but still, I don't think there's much to it. There are elements of OMGUS going both ways between cbob and Mac, and of the two, at this moment I'm more confident in Mac being town.
Elaborate? I made a couple comments about 3 players appearing on goodguyia but I've spent a lot less time on mechanics than several other players, why do I stand out in this regard?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 am
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 amI also just liked playing with the idea mac wouldn’t call me mafia don. :haha:
:confused: But he did call you mafia don. I don't see any element of "playing with it" in your post, what do you mean?
I think he wasn’t just trying to be funny or something cause I don’t remember him really following up on it as I read on, at least a reasonable case wasn’t present for me to counter him on
:confused: Do you mean he "was trying" to be funny?
1. That’s supposed to say “would”

2. Yes

My quote in my signature has a significant meaning as you can see
Banners:
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:30 pm I thought the pressure on Mac today was a bit much.
why do you believe this?
[mention]Long Con[/mention] I had the same question.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I like to change my votes over and over, don't mind me people. Especially with this voting system were using.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:30 pm I thought the pressure on Mac today was a bit much.
why do you believe this?
@Long Con I had the same question.
Oh yeah, I forgot to answer that. I haven't gone back to reread at all, but my impression on the first read-through was that Mac was being highly pressured from several angles for very little, and I remember an expression of disbelief crossing my face about it due to it being so extremely early in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 am Oh yeah, I forgot to answer that. I haven't gone back to reread at all, but my impression on the first read-through was that Mac was being highly pressured from several angles for very little, and I remember an expression of disbelief crossing my face about it due to it being so extremely early in the game.
Did you derive any kind of read from that observation on anyone involved?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 am Oh yeah, I forgot to answer that. I haven't gone back to reread at all, but my impression on the first read-through was that Mac was being highly pressured from several angles for very little, and I remember an expression of disbelief crossing my face about it due to it being so extremely early in the game.
No, I'd have to go back with that in mind. My catch-up reads aren't always that deep.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 am also, off the top of my head----relevant, noteworthy things I remember Quin has done so far: zero. none. nuthin'. (ok that's a lie, I remember he tried to get a photo of Jay's butt, but that's it.) Why's that?
That's pretty much why I oranged him. The most relevant discourse I can recall from him was a few brief questions he posed about my first rainbow list (which also oranged him). Otherwise Quin is not doing the things.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why is sprityo so low on your rainbow, Jay?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am
No, I'd have to go back with that in mind. My catch-up reads aren't always that deep.
do you still feel confident the baddies are laying low and TSP is your best candidate for a day 1 lynch? Do you know he has one of the strongest town-aligned non-fatal roles in the game? How would you feel if a bandwagon developed on TSP right now?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:02 am why is sprityo so low on your rainbow, Jay?
Off-hand I couldn't tell you what hunting he has attempted in this game. He has given dire warnings about his role and goofed around. I just quickly skimmed the ISO (playing Mafia in class :grin: ) and only saw one clear reads-oriented post out of 40-some.
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am Caught up: mac and Jay are both town and squabbling over who has a bigger monster truck

When clearly epi has the biggest truck with the biggest tires because he’s a big honkin man who plays the guitar and likes NASCAR

Dunya has a firestorm post rate akin to jay only I agree more with what she’s saying than what I can agree with jay. Jay is like a solid Civ-ish.

Uhhhh I should look into LC and Nutella. Some more of the people I’m unfamiliar with too like kenway, TSP, Dr_white

DrWilgy is oddly silent in my memory, and if he’s mafia, he’ll proabably kill a teammate before realizing what team he’s on. *flashbacks to CC123*

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what’s the votes? I’m pretty sure I have the most votes rn when taking my passive into account

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya, don't nightkill me k

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I wonder if some people realized what roles they were assigning other players. Specifically: Epi giving sig Wyvern Rider, nutella giving TSP Shaman, and JJJ giving gwilikers6 Monk.

I ask this because, honestly, I misunderstood my role when I asked for it. I thought it was a straight out cop role, but it feels more like another one of those role cops made less significant / bastardized when you have townies from badguyia and scummies from goodguyia. :-/

Those three roles are the most offensive scum hunting roles we have.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:35 am dunya, don't nightkill me k
After you contributed to my mislynch in MK, you're asking for mercy here? Muahahahah. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:39 pm Also fwiw all of these nicknames are better than my former hcrealms malapropism nickname
What was that nickname?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay let’s play the Why is Kyle mafia game.

VOTE: KYLEMII

I’m pretty confident but I want to hear what you guys think.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 pm Oh wait, Sloonei isn't in this game, I have to pick another one up.

JJJ is the likeliest candidate but putting him and Dunya on a scum team is probably predictable, so I'll choose MacDougall instead. I don't know why but I always want to be on his good side. Also, I've been scum with him before, so there's that.
what do you mean by this? it was obviously an answer to epignosis’ question.

speaking of epignosis, he’s the most suspicious person imo. i don’t know if this ”who would your mafia mates be” survey is a common thing on this site but i don’t remember people doing it in rym games. it doesn’t give any useful information, cos the answer is so easy to fake it might actually help scum mislead people i dunno

i think he’s just tryna make a false impression he’s contributing sth valuable to the game

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kites wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am

speaking of epignosis, he’s the most suspicious person imo. i don’t know if this ”who would your mafia mates be” survey is a common thing on this site but i don’t remember people doing it in rym games. it doesn’t give any useful information, cos the answer is so easy to fake it might actually help scum mislead people i dunno

i think he’s just tryna make a false impression he’s contributing sth valuable to the game

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
This is a weak argument IMO, but I still want to know why gwilkers thinks that’s scum.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am
do you still feel confident the baddies are laying low and TSP is your best candidate for a day 1 lynch? Do you know he has one of the strongest town-aligned non-fatal roles in the game? How would you feel if a bandwagon developed on TSP right now?
Not confident. I hadn't considered his role at all, actually, he's the Shaman? I don't want to lynch the Shaman.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am Okay let’s play the Why is Kyle mafia game.

VOTE: KYLEMII

I’m pretty confident but I want to hear what you guys think.
Let's hear the pretty confident reasons. :nicenod:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kites wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am

I agree, leaning towards a vote here unless there’s a good defense or argument against someone else (still wary of that Mac situation)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

The "who would your mates be?" is not common, but since this is the first drafting type game we've played on here, I don't know how normal this exercise is and whether it's scum/town beneficial. I don't like it, and I feel like he's working on a spreadsheet and will recommend to lynch players whose names came up the most which means nothing when WIFOM exists.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 amThis is a weak argument IMO, but I still want to know why gwilkers thinks that’s scum.
yeah well it’s been all talk and no action so far, i always just follow my instinct on day 1 :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?

Kyle is the Sage: "Each night, you may target another player and reverse their action. A nightkill will become a doctor, a guide will become a block, a track will become a reverse track, etc. This action can never result in the death of a townie."

I thought this was an odd baddie role, due to the last sentence, but then I realized that's a necessary balancing factor, because the doctors are all public.

Return to “Previous Jobs”