Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am The "who would your mates be?" is not common, but since this is the first drafting type game we've played on here, I don't know how normal this exercise is and whether it's scum/town beneficial. I don't like it, and I feel like he's working on a spreadsheet and will recommend to lynch players whose names came up the most which means nothing when WIFOM exists.
Not.... reeeeally. Recruitment Mafia 4 was played here, and it is similar in that the game starts with only the 4 faction leaders having roles, and the rest of the players get recruited and powered up as the game progresses. As I recall, the Recruitment Mafia series was not unfamiliar with the idea of "playing the player" and guessing who certain players would be likely to recruit.

If Epi wanted to lynch players that come up the most, hen his own name might just be near the top of that lynch list.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

[2] TonyStarkPrime - Long Con, nutella
[1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] Quin - dunya
[1] Epignosis - Kites

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, rundontwalk, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?
:evileye:

that's the point. It's extremely town-aligned and anti-scum. Something scum would want to have in their possession rather than townies having it.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I won't say more until Epignosis explains the exercise himself, but I can conceive of some productive applications of it beyond these obvious count-based ideas being fielded.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:03 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am The "who would your mates be?" is not common, but since this is the first drafting type game we've played on here, I don't know how normal this exercise is and whether it's scum/town beneficial. I don't like it, and I feel like he's working on a spreadsheet and will recommend to lynch players whose names came up the most which means nothing when WIFOM exists.
Not.... reeeeally. Recruitment Mafia 4 was played here, and it is similar in that the game starts with only the 4 faction leaders having roles, and the rest of the players get recruited and powered up as the game progresses. As I recall, the Recruitment Mafia series was not unfamiliar with the idea of "playing the player" and guessing who certain players would be likely to recruit.

If Epi wanted to lynch players that come up the most, hen his own name might just be near the top of that lynch list.
I shouldn't make judgement calls about previous games when I've been here for 5 minutes, sorry. I just felt everyone playing this game was confused about it (it''s my first draft).
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.

why did this post give me goosebumps? :eek:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm

I shouldn't make judgement calls about previous games when I've been here for 5 minutes, sorry. I just felt everyone playing this game was confused about it (it''s my first draft).
Similar, but not the same. This is indeed the first Draft of its kjind here. :) I don't think it's unusual to try and guess who the Don would pick... but it is maybe a little pointless not even knowing the Don.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.

LOL did you draft Tony? :haha:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm I won't say more until Epignosis explains the exercise himself, but I can conceive of some productive applications of it beyond these obvious count-based ideas being fielded.
Do we find out that the Don is the Don if they’re killed? Because that’s the only way it would be useful, but even then, we’d still have to roll the dice with the list the Don posted publicly and that’s just asking to get played. That’s why I think it’s a guise of participating.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] - are scum roles revealed at death/lynches?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

:evileye: :suspish: :disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 pm I won't say more until Epignosis explains the exercise himself, but I can conceive of some productive applications of it beyond these obvious count-based ideas being fielded.
Do we find out that the Don is the Don if they’re killed? Because that’s the only way it would be useful, but even then, we’d still have to roll the dice with the list the Don posted publicly and that’s just asking to get played. That’s why I think it’s a guise of participating.
Dunno. We shall see.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya, you're in my head!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But in this game, the mafia team is completely full at Day 1.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?

that's the point. It's extremely town-aligned and anti-scum. Something scum would want to have in their possession rather than townies having it.
Moreover, the negative portion of the role is irrelevant to the mafia if they have it because they won't target themselves. The positive portion remains useful to identify civilian powers. It essentially becomes a classic role cop, something very ordinary for a mafia team. This strikes me as obvious. LC is you readin'? Is you readin' boy?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Moreover, the negative portion of the role is irrelevant to the mafia if they have it because they won't target themselves. The positive portion remains useful to identify civilian powers. It essentially becomes a classic role cop, something very ordinary for a mafia team. This strikes me as obvious. LC is you readin'? Is you readin' boy?
Still getting my head around the mindset of the draft in this unusual game.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You could just pretend it was not a draft and proceed accordingly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:51 pm You could just pretend it was not a draft and proceed accordingly.
But then some of the recent discussion points would be nothing?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm i would appreciate if some folks would look through lc's iso and tell me what they think
Pretty much nothing. It suits his early play in both MK and Fiddler (civilian and mafia respectively), so we'll see how it develops. He's a suspect so long as there is no reason to give him civilian credit.
what do you make specifically of his confusion on how drafting works
It tells me nothing. I'd expect members of both factions to not be sure what's going on in the draft.
I think Kyle dropped this line of thinking without a word after JJJ's post here. Why?
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm Also sprityo is mafia don. Discuss.
Considering your current suspicion level, this post looks like a deflect.

No suspicion of sprityo. Sprityo had not posted since your recent GTH scumlist. His name here doesn't make any sense to me.

Why sprityo?
Weak from Marmot. "Looks like a deflect". Not really. And Mac hadn't avoided the suspicions up to that point. It looks more like trying to get some other talk going.

Actually, in contrast to Mac "deflecting", this looks more like Marmot trying to hold the conversation on Mac... like, "let's keep drilling him for everything he does".
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 pm I don’t really feel like I can trust JJJ right now. That MacDougall line of interrogation seems like a whole lot of latching onto nothing just to make it appear as if there’s a semi-reasonable case. Although if I were mafia in this game I would probably take advantage of the set-up confusion some people are experiencing and just lay low for a little while so I dunno. What do you all think?
What does this "although..." qualifier have to do with your prior assertion about distrusting me?
I don't think it needs to be so strictly connected. I read it as a conversational "although"... and upon reread, it does make sense even with stricter grammar. "I don't think I can trust this high poster (JJJ)... although if I were Mafia, I might lay low". You see? If so, why couldn't you see originally? In fact, you acted as though you analyzed it, and saw there was no possible connection, and called him out on it in an "I'm suspicious of this" way. :evileye:

I think I'll [VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE: at this point, but Marmot and JJJ are two suspicions I now have.] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

What do you think of LC's apparent lack of focus? Legit or transparently fake?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

AUBERGINE TALLY

[1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] TonyStarkPrime - nutella
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] Quin - dunya
[1] Epignosis - Kites
[1] Marmot - Long Con

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, rundontwalk, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

(I believe Marmot's vote on Wilgy is older than nutella's vote on TSP, but I will double check)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm I don't think it needs to be so strictly connected. I read it as a conversational "although"... and upon reread, it does make sense even with stricter grammar. "I don't think I can trust this high poster (JJJ)... although if I were Mafia, I might lay low". You see? If so, why couldn't you see originally? In fact, you acted as though you analyzed it, and saw there was no possible connection, and called him out on it in an "I'm suspicious of this" way. :evileye:
I didn't act like shit. I asked him the question so he could clarify his meaning.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 pm What do you think of LC's apparent lack of focus? Legit or transparently fake?
He's done so much of it that if he's mafia he is really trying to milk that "strategy" for all it's worth. Given that I don't believe any mafioso is likely to say to himself "this is the means by which I will fool all of these silly civilians! Hah!", I'm inclined to say it's not a big deal.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

AUBERGINE TALLY

[1] DrWilgy - Marmot (Feb 11, 2018 10:20 pm)
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay (Feb 12, 2018 12:21 am)
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob ( Feb 12, 2018 3:40 am)
[1] TonyStarkPrime - nutella (Feb 12, 2018 3:51 am)
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy (Feb 12, 2018 12:33 pm)
[1] Quin - dunya (Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm)
[1] Epignosis - Kites (Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm)
[1] Marmot - Long Con (Feb 12, 2018 5:56 pm)

----

corrected order of vote with time stamp. easier this way.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 pm What do you think of LC's apparent lack of focus? Legit or transparently fake?
He's done so much of it that if he's mafia he is really trying to milk that "strategy" for all it's worth. Given that I don't believe any mafioso is likely to say to himself "this is the means by which I will fool all of these silly civilians! Hah!", I'm inclined to say it's not a big deal.
are you saying it's NAI in his case, or does it make you lean town?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That said, a legitimate lack of focus can still be a problem at face value. Civilians have more intrinsic motivation to read things carefully than mafia, because they're the ones who have to truly hunt.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm
are you saying it's NAI in his case, or does it make you lean town?
I doubt it's fake, but I wouldn't give him town credit for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

derp, just realized my time stamps will look way different than your time stamps cos of different time zones and all that. oh well, it's done for this tally, i'll remove them next county
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I didn't think it was fake either, until the post above. That smells of rotten, old cheese.

and then asking me if I drafted Tony again as though he doesn't know, as though he hasn't looked at the OP (which he quoted today and asked us if we'd all seen it). I don't know, something feels really wrong about those 2 posts of his and make me feel uneasy.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Either LC isn't paying attention, which isn't ideal, or he is pretending not to pay attention, which isn't ideal. Perhaps a more agreeable suspicion would be that he is milking his recent meta for playing a detached Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm

I didn't think it was fake either, until the post above. That smells of rotten, old cheese.

and then asking me if I drafted Tony again as though he doesn't know, as though he hasn't looked at the OP (which he quoted today and asked us if we'd all seen it). I don't know, something feels really wrong about those 2 posts of his and make me feel uneasy.
Oh, the first post is in the order of the draft, I see. So nutella drafted TSP. Gotcha.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm I don't think it needs to be so strictly connected. I read it as a conversational "although"... and upon reread, it does make sense even with stricter grammar. "I don't think I can trust this high poster (JJJ)... although if I were Mafia, I might lay low". You see? If so, why couldn't you see originally? In fact, you acted as though you analyzed it, and saw there was no possible connection, and called him out on it in an "I'm suspicious of this" way. :evileye:
I didn't act like shit. I asked him the question so he could clarify his meaning.
That's not what I read:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pmColinIsTown
I hate that post. Why do you like it?
Of course you do. It's about how he suspects you.

I see the civvie wheels turning in that post. Sincerity abounds in the tone and I feel that his opinions are naturally derived.
No, it's about his read stemming from things that don't exist or are otherwise qualified with nothing waffles.

I think you're a civilian, and Colin's post looks like TMI.

"No, it's about his read stemming from things that don't exist or are otherwise qualified with nothing waffles."

"you acted as though you analyzed it, and saw there was no possible connection, and called him out on it"

Don't try to change history now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm Either LC isn't paying attention, which isn't ideal, or he is pretending not to pay attention, which isn't ideal. Perhaps a more agreeable suspicion would be that he is milking his recent meta for playing a detached Day 1.
If I were an ideal player, I'd win more. :meany:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm

No suspicion of sprityo. Sprityo had not posted since your recent GTH scumlist. His name here doesn't make any sense to me.

Why sprityo?
Weak from Marmot. "Looks like a deflect". Not really. And Mac hadn't avoided the suspicions up to that point. It looks more like trying to get some other talk going.

Actually, in contrast to Mac "deflecting", this looks more like Marmot trying to hold the conversation on Mac... like, "let's keep drilling him for everything he does".
What do you think of the manner of Mac doing this. What use is it to state that someone is the mafia don as a topic of discussion?

My thinking was this: BaddieMac is taking heat, and so injected a bit of WIFOM into the thread with no pretense regarding sprityo. CivvieMac... may have done the same thing, but I don't see an obvious reason for the manner of doing so.

But I backed off when Mac explained himself. What do you think about that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are scum roles revealed at death/lynches?
Yes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I like Long Con's recent posts.

[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:

I'm moving my vote to Epignosis for the time being.

The man has posted a lot for having not read the thread.]
aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm "No, it's about his read stemming from things that don't exist or are otherwise qualified with nothing waffles."

"you acted as though you analyzed it, and saw there was no possible connection, and called him out on it"

The clarification you provided is what I called a nothing waffle -- that JJJ is scummy because X, but gee he sure is posting a lot. The thing that doesn't exist was my purported claim of having said nobody would draft me because I'm too obvious (Colin has already acknowledged the error).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm Either LC isn't paying attention, which isn't ideal, or he is pretending not to pay attention, which isn't ideal. Perhaps a more agreeable suspicion would be that he is milking his recent meta for playing a detached Day 1.
If I were an ideal player, I'd win more. :meany:
You disparaged your own play in Fiddler too. You may have had a few early mafia deaths in quick succession over the last few games, but they aren't indicative of your overall abilities as a player. We all have slumps. Nobody is buying that you suck. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are scum roles revealed at death/lynches?
Yes.
alright then, the don will be revealed.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Will update the poll. FYI, Tony's vote was missed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yes.
To be clear, if Thumb is lynched or nightkilled, he will flip as "Thumb (Five Finger Mafia), flavorflavorflavor."

You will not learn what Thumb's backstory powers were and you will not learn if Thumb was the don or a goon.

This assumes Thumb is not a seemer of some sort. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Why sprityo?

What do you think of the manner of Mac doing this. What use is it to state that someone is the mafia don as a topic of discussion?

My thinking was this: BaddieMac is taking heat, and so injected a bit of WIFOM into the thread with no pretense regarding sprityo. CivvieMac... may have done the same thing, but I don't see an obvious reason for the manner of doing so.

But I backed off when Mac explained himself. What do you think about that?
It's an all right back-off I guess. There's no baddie rule that says you have to tunnel hard on a Civ until they're dead; backing off can look very good, and baddie Marmot might have considered that.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm Will update the poll. FYI, Tony's vote was missed.
sorry Tony, I've always sucked with these polls. :noble: I'll be extra careful in future.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm
Yes.
To be clear, if Thumb is lynched or nightkilled, he will flip as "Thumb (Five Finger Mafia), flavorflavorflavor."

You will not learn what Thumb's backstory powers were and you will not learn if Thumb was the don or a goon.

can you tell us if the mafia team knew this before drafting started?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Yes.

No. XD
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm "No, it's about his read stemming from things that don't exist or are otherwise qualified with nothing waffles."

The clarification you provided is what I called a nothing waffle -- that JJJ is scummy because X, but gee he sure is posting a lot. The thing that doesn't exist was my purported claim of having said nobody would draft me because I'm too obvious (Colin has already acknowledged the error).
It confused me, then, that you referenced something Colin said that was separate from the quote I brought to you.

I was talking about "although" having not-too-difficult-to-get real meaning, contrasted to your claim that it didn't follow the previous point in any way. Then you bring up "stemming from things that don't exist", which I interpreted as talking about the point I brought up. As in, the "although" stemmed from nowhere.

I don't know about "nothing waffles". As I said when I first read Colin's post, I was having the same thoughts about where the baddies might be in the thread. Your "but gee" thing above really doesn't reflact his post well at all... you seem to be trying to make it look waffly in a dumb way. I don't trust that kind of propaganda, because it wasn't dumb, and it wasn't "but gee he posts a lot".

His point against you: " That MacDougall line of interrogation seems like a whole lot of latching onto nothing just to make it appear as if there’s a semi-reasonable case." That's a reasonable point, and one that I have stated some affinity for when I commented about the high pressure on Mac. This is a valid reason to suspect you.

Colin's other thought: baddies might lay low at this point. Also a good thought, and one I agree with. I don't read it as a counterpoint to diminish the suspicion of you (aka "waffley"), I read it as two separate thoughts that were connected by virtue of you being NOT a low poster.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Yes.

No. XD
:suspish:

may you tell us?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm i would appreciate if some folks would look through lc's iso and tell me what they think
Pretty much nothing. It suits his early play in both MK and Fiddler (civilian and mafia respectively), so we'll see how it develops. He's a suspect so long as there is no reason to give him civilian credit.
what do you make specifically of his confusion on how drafting works
It tells me nothing. I'd expect members of both factions to not be sure what's going on in the draft.
I think Kyle dropped this line of thinking without a word after JJJ's post here. Why?
I haven't dropped the line of thinking, I just haven't talked about it again since then. I feel like I suspect you early in a lot of games so I want to make sure I'm being realistic. I understand not paying attention in the beginning of stuff and not wanting to read every single day 0 post. I've seen that from you before, in Mortal Kombat where you were a civ. The fact that you're co-hosting a game with your wife rn is also obviously a factor in that.

The thing that stuck out to me was this:
Long Con wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:24 pmOh, this is going? I beg a role now? Who decides?
First post, you come in asking a few reasonable questions for someone who hasn't read anything other than maybe the first couple posts of the thread. At this point you seem to understand that getting a role requires begging and someone else deciding for you. Then you leave for 4 hours.
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 amHeresy! No, hey, this has started for real now? Accuations and stuff? I thought it was all role-picking in order, and I figured I'd get notified or something when it's my turn. Do I pick a role I want? Full disclosure: I haven't read anything and am posting blind right now.
4 hours later in your second post you seems to know less about the draft mechanics than you did at the start. You ask if you get to pick your own role, and imply thinking the role selection goes in a turn order, all of which contradicts what you understood in your first post. If the questions posed in the first post were real questions I don't know why you wouldn't have spent a little time looking for the answers yourself since they'd all be on the front page.

It seems fake to me. It seems like posturing.

Return to “Previous Jobs”