Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Unless by "public" you mean the host reveals them ITT himself. Then that's a different story.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:08 pm [1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] TonyStarkPrime - nutella
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] Quin - dunya
[2] Epignosis - Kites, Marmot
[2] Marmot - Long Con , RunDontWalk

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

Yknow i really dont want to vote without feeling confident, but ill vote ddl out of preservation if i need to
Why me when there are people with more votes than me? Just for the OMGUS?

I'll let you answer that by answering a new question: Of the people who already have votes, who would you vote for?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 pm Unless by "public" you mean the host reveals them ITT himself. Then that's a different story.
That’s what I mean.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 pm Nope, not on RYM that I can recall, other games on other forums where I got my ass handed to me by some really manipulative “supertown” SOBs.
What are your reads on the four people in question?

dunya
Kylemii
Dragon D. Luffy
colonialbob
Dunya: mostly positive, actually, but strong players ought to be kept under scrutiny. Excitement scares me in Mafia because I know I’m always more excited when I get to lie. Then again she was excited enough to invite me before roles were called so it also seems genuine.

Kylemii: not a lot here for me, but I can’t agree with your read because it’s based on a meta I have no knowledge of. Nothing seems particularly scummy but nothing seems particularly towny.

DDL: I’m not sold on the case against Mac that people were all aboard for a little bit ago. The vote against him here struck me as capitalizing on his post with a rationale that looks good at first but not really under scrutiny. I don’t think a scum would offer himself up so easily on Day 1 as a sacrificial lamb when there’s slight momentum against him, but a townie might. I don’t also see anything in the hunting style that’s particularly better than anybody else’s.

Colonialbob: again, not a lot of feelings here but see the above re: hunting style

(In general the interactions between Mac and others are not adding up, including to Mac himself, and pursuing something there, between those players, might be the best route to go.)

The main theme here is that your rationale is based on intuitions I don’t share or information I don’t have access to, which isn’t your fault.

Also, I really want to know why Epignosis wants to know who we would pick?
This is the third time you've criticized or questioned what I'm dong. How can you judge the usefulness of this before I've gone through with it? Your initial criticism of what I was doing was this:
I also think the exercise about asking who we would pick to be on our team is a little odd, it’s basically inviting the mafia to throw you off, no? Doesn’t seem to me like there’s a lot to gleam from it so that begs the question, why ask it?
How can you know what the mafia is being "invited" to do if you don't even know what I'm doing?

And if you are not mafia, and you don't really believe I'm mafia (because you differentiated between me and the mafia by saying I was inviting the mafia to throw me off), then I cannot fathom why you wouldn't answer my question in good conscience.

I think I will vote after all.

Vote: ColinisCool
As I have said before, and as you have not addressed, it looks to me like it's "participating." Distracting, building up a resume of contributing in a pro-town direction without actually pushing things in a helpful direction. You might as well be asking "Hey Mafia, are you Mafia?" and expecting something good to come of it. Even if it is a matter of seeing which names pop up and addressing the biggest "threats" somehow, this whole thing just adds another dimension of manipulation by the mafia if you're town, or it's your attempt at manipulation if you're mafia (because to be clear, I never said I thought you were town, that statement pretty easily indicates a suspicion).

Another reason why I think it's not helpful is because of my own answer. I don't know who I would pick because I don't know anybody here so it would probably be random. Thus, there is nothing you can gleam from my answer, so you might as well be asking people ITT "what's your favorite kind of sandwich?"

Lastly, your vote really strikes me as a defensive scum move, voting for me just because I'm voicing suspicions against you while you refuse to clarify or address any question posed to you (and not just by me.) It doesn't help that there's momentum against you as of your post.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm @sprityo you're the only player who got to choose their own role, what made you decide to choose cleric?
i wanted to spite marmot for no reason other than to be a dick
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

Yknow i really dont want to vote without feeling confident, but ill vote ddl out of preservation if i need to
Why me when there are people with more votes than me? Just for the OMGUS?

I'll let you answer that by answering a new question: Of the people who already have votes, who would you vote for?
you clearly didnt read my first message of the day about "double edged sword"
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 pm Unless by "public" you mean the host reveals them ITT himself. Then that's a different story.
That’s what I mean.
Did you get confirmation from JOH on that? Excuse me for being skeptical, but I don't see that written in the role post.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

that and i want a pity party so maybe i can get votes on you in my defense
Banners:
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm so you might as well be asking people ITT "what's your favorite kind of sandwich?"
I wouldn't open that particular can of worms on this forum, ColinIsCool. :biggrin:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:09 pm Out of all the people I've yelled at and argued with today, the one who has satisfied me the least has been Dr. White.

VOTE DR. WHITE

In most games I'd give a newcomer a one-day grace period, but unfortunately I don't think we can afford to be so kind when there are so many first-timers at once.
I don't have a read on White's alignment. Usually he has this serious business aura to him regardless of alignment, and will look like someone who is seriously trying to solve the game. But as the game marches on, it eventually becomes evident when he is taking a more passive approach, which means he is bad.

This is based on the one game I recall playing with where he was bad and I helped catch him. Not sure if it's a general thing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] - are Shaman's role reveals announced publicly in the thread by you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Vote quin

If dunya says you're bad....
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm@sprityo you're the only player who got to choose their own role, what made you decide to choose cleric?
i wanted to spite marmot for no reason other than to be a dick
real answer?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Why preserve yourself? A townie would accept his fate.
I disagree with this a lot. No townie should ever resign themselves to be lynched, because from your point of view, you are usually the only player who is 100% confirmed town. Anyone is a better lynch than you, even someone you think is town, on the off chance you are wrong.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:46 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are Shaman's role reveals announced publicly in the thread by you?
So many questions.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

I disagree with this a lot. No townie should ever resign themselves to be lynched, because from your point of view, you are usually the only player who is 100% confirmed town. Anyone is a better lynch than you, even someone you think is town, on the off chance you are wrong.
can anyone who's played with rdw say if this is a viewpoint has precedent in RDW's past gameplay experiences
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:46 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are Shaman's role reveals announced publicly in the thread by you?
So many questions.
well, we got someone putting words in your mouth, sir. We gotta get the facts straight from the horse's mouth. :meany:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

I pretty much retired from RYMafia before analyzing metas were a thing so I don't know. It's an odd statement to make but it's also an odd statement for a scum to stick their neck out on.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm so you might as well be asking people ITT "what's your favorite kind of sandwich?"
I wouldn't open that particular can of worms on this forum, ColinIsCool. :biggrin:
I HAVE STRONG FEELINGS ON THIS TOPIC, AND WILL VOYE FOR ANYBODY THAT THINKS A TACO IS A SANDWICH.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

yeah, if JOH won't answer, I feel Tony is lying about this. A town role that publicly outs more civ secret roles than scum roles by the host, in the thread, is...weird? But is he lying for self-preservation?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

or more like, why is lying. He's gonna be proven wrong come day 2...
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 pm
yeah, if JOH won't answer, I feel Tony is lying about this. A town role that publicly outs more civ secret roles than scum roles by the host, in the thread, is...weird? But is he lying for self-preservation?
This seems like a weird bone of contention. What's the upside of lying here?

"Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it."

FWIW the use of reveal instead of learn makes me think it is public.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

can anyone who's played with rdw say if this is a viewpoint has precedent in RDW's past gameplay experiences
[mention]funya[/mention]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya.....
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Yeah probably. It's still not a good idea.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I also attribute that comment as a contribution to rdw's #ballstothewall mystique. Does he literally mean that a townie would accept his fate? No, it's just brash, overconfident showmanship. It's what he does.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 pmdunya.....
I'm not sure I'd be the best person to ask because I am not entirely sure he wasn't being ironic.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]dunya[/mention] I'm now assuming that's what the role means because of the use of the word "reveals" and I think I've seen similar roles in games with lots of secrets? :shrug:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:09 pm Out of all the people I've yelled at and argued with today, the one who has satisfied me the least has been Dr. White.

VOTE DR. WHITE

In most games I'd give a newcomer a one-day grace period, but unfortunately I don't think we can afford to be so kind when there are so many first-timers at once.
I don't have a read on White's alignment. Usually he has this serious business aura to him regardless of alignment, and will look like someone who is seriously trying to solve the game. But as the game marches on, it eventually becomes evident when he is taking a more passive approach, which means he is bad.

This is based on the one game I recall playing with where he was bad and I helped catch him. Not sure if it's a general thing.
Intriguing. I'll look into him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:06 pm I also attribute that comment as a contribution to rdw's #ballstothewall mystique. Does he literally mean that a townie would accept his fate? No, it's just brash, overconfident showmanship. It's what he does.
ah okay. this context helps.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 pm
This seems like a weird bone of contention. What's the upside of lying here?

"Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it."

FWIW the use of reveal instead of learn makes me think it is public.
yea, it took me 2 minutes to realize lying would be pointless here. It took him a while to let that knowledge be known though; I wonder if it was an afterthought. :noble:

Let's see what happens.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?
It's a role that the scum might want to snatch up so the town can't learn their secrets. (and while I'm writing this I see this has been answered already)

That being said, I wouldn't want to mislynch the Shaman if Tony is civ after all, but I'm really not feeling good about him.
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.

Hey that's me and I resent the assumption :disappoint: He requested it, I didn't think for too long about it and I was still trying to wrap my head around all the roles so I didn't even consider that it was a role the scum might want to claim. I was more wary of Wilgy asking for a killing role. I think I must have associated info roles with townies wanting them, and I wanted to keep the draft going relatively quickly so I unfortunately didn't think about it for too long.

If I unwittingly gave such a powerful role to the mafia then it is my duty to repent by lynching the guy D1 :noble:

Also, he still hasn't explained his mysterious accusation of Kyle, has he? Wtf was that about?
I'm getting weird feelings about this post. Why are you already apologizing for giving the shaman role to scum when we have no idea what Tony's alignment is? It looks like you're backpedaling when there's no need to. Someone had to give the shaman role to someone blindly. Why are you trying to distance yourself from it, and do you really think it would be a good idea to lynch Tony knowing what we do about that role?
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm @ColinIsCool
@DrWilgy
@Iron_Dwarf
@lapluie
@rabbit8
@rundontwalk

Y'all:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:02 pm I have powered through all 31 pages of this thread. I will never do that again. My eyeballs are bleeding. :|

I'll have some things to say later this evening after I have bathed and replenished my strength. For now:

These individuals have not named their four hypothetical teammates. I would like to hear them by tonight.
I haven't followed the thread closely what is this? Just like what our dream team would be?

I don't know anyone from here so would go with dunya, JJJ, MacDougall, gwilly. But that would be obvious.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

It would be pretty #ballstothewall though, wouldn't it?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

looking at dr white's iso
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.
This is a decent post with some early impressions (Jay half-jokingly[?] called out the three uses of "interesting" but I do not subscribe to the notion that it's a tell of any kind, partially because I use such words often myself)

then the discussion about GTH reads (Mac's and the practice in general), Dr. White doesn't like them and gives good reason why

So far looking good.

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm OH man I am so fucked :haha:

Thanks jack I appreciate it
I....don't understand.
Jack gave me a double edged sword passive regarding lynches

I can’t quote word for word but it essentially means I’m easy to lynch AND I’m a target for mafia because I’m a Doctor role

I’m. So. Dead.
This post along with your general attitude of posting "good" when I said I want to lynch you (tongue in cheek mostly, for your--I assumed--tongue in cheek posts) make me scratch my head. It's like you're itching to be lynched? Idgi. Why else would you share this info with us?
well the prior information doesn’t correspond to the new present since I didn’t have my background to my role yet.

So your connections don’t match up, in regards to sharing: I don’t want to have some kinda silly vote on me and end up Lynched when someone else clearly had more votes and cause some kind of schism in the rational of the game.

Unless of course there’s the case of role reveals upon death which off the top of my head I can’t remember is a thing
It was these exchanges @dunya . Him weirdly giving info while talking aloud to the host, followed by being so worried about getting lynched when only one vote was placed.

He and Longcon are giving my vibes of trying to veil themselves, Spirit with this shtick and LC with his "ignorance of everything". Feel similar with kites and his continued presence in the game being only to pop in and let us know he doesn't get things, and will try to do better later. I firmly believe a scum would be between these 3, but I do believe of all of them that spirit may just be a town power role for whatever reason decided to info blab.
Don't know how I feel about this post tbh. The sprityo thing simply led me to believe he was a civ being honest about an obnoxious passive. Not sure why White decides there has to be a scum between sprityo, LC, and Kites by grouping together sprityo's claims with the latter two's pattern of claiming ignorance. [mention]Dr. White[/mention] do you still stand by this? Can you elaborate on your feelings re: LC and Kites?
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 pm Best way to deal with Epi imo is have him scanned for that info in backpocket. I have 3 theories that I would use to explain his gameplay so far, but I'll keep quiet on that for now.
What :confused:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 pm I like Dr White so far. Throwing out firm reads with thought process behind them.
Dr. White, your read on this immediately please.
Either wanted to give his two cents on me since no has read me, or trying to soft buddy me. I think the most possibly alarming thing would be that it came out of nowhere and he hasn't posted in a while before that read.

How do you feel? This is the same type of posting that made you strong town read him correct?
I make note of it because his reason for giving you civilian credit is pretty similar to my reason for giving him civilian credit. Do you believe you have earned that credit to this point?

I think the post is fine personally and fits the paradigm of colonialbob's content to this point which I have generally liked.
I do feel my arguments and insights have been well reasoned and that is seemingly what he likes most about me and my reads, so yeah.
ok, this exchange is a little silly but ultimately a decent look imo
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 pm So far, my impressions are you lot post... a lot. It's a bit hard to follow, especially since I'm playing this game on mobile. Anyway, I have a bit of bias towards Rymers so it might show up in my votes and reads.

I have no clear reads at this point, I'll wait until more bodies pop up down the river.
This post makes my spine tingle.
same tbh

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] can you elaborate on why you're not satisfied by your interactions with Dr. White?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm It would be pretty #ballstothewall though, wouldn't it?
Indeed.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?
It's a role that the scum might want to snatch up so the town can't learn their secrets. (and while I'm writing this I see this has been answered already)

That being said, I wouldn't want to mislynch the Shaman if Tony is civ after all, but I'm really not feeling good about him.
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.

Hey that's me and I resent the assumption :disappoint: He requested it, I didn't think for too long about it and I was still trying to wrap my head around all the roles so I didn't even consider that it was a role the scum might want to claim. I was more wary of Wilgy asking for a killing role. I think I must have associated info roles with townies wanting them, and I wanted to keep the draft going relatively quickly so I unfortunately didn't think about it for too long.

If I unwittingly gave such a powerful role to the mafia then it is my duty to repent by lynching the guy D1 :noble:

Also, he still hasn't explained his mysterious accusation of Kyle, has he? Wtf was that about?
I'm getting weird feelings about this post. Why are you already apologizing for giving the shaman role to scum when we have no idea what Tony's alignment is? It looks like you're backpedaling when there's no need to. Someone had to give the shaman role to someone blindly. Why are you trying to distance yourself from it, and do you really think it would be a good idea to lynch Tony knowing what we do about that role?
I'd just feel bad if he turned out to be scum and I was responsible for giving him that role, and since I suspect him for other reasons I was afraid that may be the case and if so it would be best to get him out of the way. But if not it would suck to lose him. Given what he's said recently about the role being hard to fake re: revealing scum roles, I'm a bit more inclined to give him a chance to prove that and so we can learn about some roles in the meantime. So I am backing off him for now and actively looking for a better vote candidate.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm

I'd just feel bad if he turned out to be scum and I was responsible for giving him that role, and since I suspect him for other reasons I was afraid that may be the case and if so it would be best to get him out of the way. But if not it would suck to lose him. Given what he's said recently about the role being hard to fake re: revealing scum roles, I'm a bit more inclined to give him a chance to prove that and so we can learn about some roles in the meantime. So I am backing off him for now and actively looking for a better vote candidate.
How delightfully unequivocal of you. "I think he's probably scum but I don't wanna lynch him because I'd feel bad, and you know, and you see"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Skyyyylerrr
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:34 pmSkyyyylerrr
Sup
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Nutella, if you don't want us to lynch the guy you think is scum, should we lynch you instead?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Or should I say guitarist5000
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]rundontwalk[/mention] I do not think he is as likely to be scum now since he pointed out how his role works and how it would be hard to fake (though that still has to be proven). He was my top suspect, but I am backing off now for good reason.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I agree, the early apologetic tone is weird and I wanna tinfoil on a scum nutella real bad too, but why would scum nutella give town Tony that role, unless they're w/w? But she actively tried to get him lynched until his later defence (this isn't a spelling error, Americans are so weird--defence and defense and 2 different things, k?). So I'm like :confused2: because she didn't have to give it to Tony either, she could have given Wilgy anything else. She actively chose to ignore Wilgy, and give Tony the Shaman.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:36 pm @rundontwalk I do not think he is as likely to be scum now since he pointed out how his role works and how it would be hard to fake (though that still has to be proven). He was my top suspect, but I am backing off now for good reason.
Back in my day I faked being the most powerful town player as scum (town cop). Nothing is too difficult to fake.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

What does [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] think of nutella's draft choice?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rundontwalk reminds me of macdougall
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm rundontwalk reminds me of macdougall
nah man naaaaah. that's like comparing apples to oranges. or no, apples to pizzas. or chocolate to pizza. They're both really good, but really different.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm Remember the time dunya had 320 posts with 22 hours remaining in Day 1?
Wasn't she lynched on Day 2 in that game?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm Remember the time dunya had 320 posts with 22 hours remaining in Day 1?
Wasn't she lynched on Day 2 in that game?
one end of night and one day phase replacement, also, I wasn't lynched. I was MISLYNCHED. Rub it in, mouse. Rub it in.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention]
[mention]lapluie[/mention]
[mention]rabbit8[/mention]

at least one of these people has got to be mafia. get in here and talk :srsnod:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”