Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by rundontwalk »

In the epi v. Colin exchange, Colin comes out looking scummiest
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pmwhy dr wilgy?
He's MIA, I haven't even seen the usual zany shit from him since the draft (he hasn't posted at all since the actual day started). Laying that low, combined with the set of roles he requested, put him at a pretty bad spot for me atm.
didn't you also ask for the wyvern though?
yeah, I asked for wyvern or pegasus for mostly flavory reasons, though like it would have been cool to get the vig but I totally don't blame DDL for giving me the weaker of the ones I asked for, as I probably would have done for Wilgy had Tony not come along with a more straightforward request
but don't you regularly describe yourself as "waffly"? why would you want to willingly subject yourself to the anxiety and stress of playing the vigilante role and having to make a gun to head decision every single night?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis, I have no reason to trust you and even less when you refuse to answer my questions. I think you can understand that because you think I'm suspicious for not answering yours, no? Whatever you think my post implies, what I am saying is that I am suspicious of your exercise and of you. And I'm not the only one, so saying that it's manufactured is just plain not true.

I don't see the value in your exercise. The burden of proof is not on me when it comes to changing my mind there, it's on you to show that it's useful to the town. And while, yeah, someone could protect you in the night phases, it's also weird to me that you're openly advertising that you have some scheme that we don't know anything about rolling that would be detrimental to the mafia, because wouldn't they then want to kill you?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

I like that Epi post a lot.

Syndicateers, thoughts on the recent MacDougall/RDW interactions?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pmwhy dr wilgy?
He's MIA, I haven't even seen the usual zany shit from him since the draft (he hasn't posted at all since the actual day started). Laying that low, combined with the set of roles he requested, put him at a pretty bad spot for me atm.
didn't you also ask for the wyvern though?
yeah, I asked for wyvern or pegasus for mostly flavory reasons, though like it would have been cool to get the vig but I totally don't blame DDL for giving me the weaker of the ones I asked for, as I probably would have done for Wilgy had Tony not come along with a more straightforward request
but don't you regularly describe yourself as "waffly"? why would you want to willingly subject yourself to the anxiety and stress of playing the vigilante role and having to make a gun to head decision every single night?
lol :p I've had fun with vig roles in the past, though it's been a while. I think I'd take a different attitude to the role than I generally have toward suspicions in the thread (and day 1 would have at least passed which is always the hardest)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm I like that Epi post a lot.

Syndicateers, thoughts on the recent MacDougall/RDW interactions?
You didn't ask me but I'll give you my opinion anywayz.

Idk what MacDougall is doing. He won't respond, and the idea he could be buddying me crossed my mind.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 pm You have asked me or wondered aloud now three times about what I am doing. I haven't answered you. There's a damn good reason for that. Were I to answer, the mafia now know what I am doing. Thanks, but no thanks.
I mean, why say this? Whether they know what you're doing or not, you are advertising yourself as a threat to them, saying that it's their best interests to stop you from figuring this stuff out. Why would a townie be so confident they wouldn't be nightkilled for that sentence alone?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm Epignosis, I have no reason to trust you and even less when you refuse to answer my questions. I think you can understand that because you think I'm suspicious for not answering yours, no? Whatever you think my post implies, what I am saying is that I am suspicious of your exercise and of you. And I'm not the only one, so saying that it's manufactured is just plain not true.

I don't see the value in your exercise. The burden of proof is not on me when it comes to changing my mind there, it's on you to show that it's useful to the town. And while, yeah, someone could protect you in the night phases, it's also weird to me that you're openly advertising that you have some scheme that we don't know anything about rolling that would be detrimental to the mafia, because wouldn't they then want to kill you?
Do you think his exercise, even if pointless, has any potential to do harm? If not, why haven't you given some names?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 pm You have asked me or wondered aloud now three times about what I am doing. I haven't answered you. There's a damn good reason for that. Were I to answer, the mafia now know what I am doing. Thanks, but no thanks.
I mean, why say this? Whether they know what you're doing or not, you are advertising yourself as a threat to them, saying that it's their best interests to stop you from figuring this stuff out. Why would a townie be so confident they wouldn't be nightkilled for that sentence alone?
Rather good point
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

I'm a fucking troubadour. I get the luxury of not caring if I'm Night killed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I mean, I don't get that perspective. I'm a civilian, so I'm supposed to make the mafia comfortable keeping me around? What the hell is that?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

No thanks. You're telling me that Epignosis should be broadcasting his intentions, whatever they may be, thus neutralizing their potential, all so he can avoid a night kill which is by the numbers already unlikely?

I hate this reasoning.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 pm
I'm a fucking troubadour. I get the luxury of not caring if I'm Night killed.
The only explanations I can think of is 1. You're town with a bulletproof ability or 2. Scum
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm Epignosis, I have no reason to trust you and even less when you refuse to answer my questions. I think you can understand that because you think I'm suspicious for not answering yours, no? Whatever you think my post implies, what I am saying is that I am suspicious of your exercise and of you. And I'm not the only one, so saying that it's manufactured is just plain not true.

Do you think his exercise, even if pointless, has any potential to do harm? If not, why haven't you given some names?
As I said before, I think it's just a WIFOM rabbit hole and easily manipulated by the mafia to send us in the wrong direction, lynch the wrong people. And I supplied my answer, which was the same as yours, IIRC.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm
No thanks. You're telling me that Epignosis should be broadcasting his intentions, whatever they may be, thus neutralizing their potential, all so he can avoid a night kill which is by the numbers already unlikely?

I hate this reasoning.
Epi doesn't have an equal chance of being nightkilled. He has higher change if scum think he has important power.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"I might be night killed if I say this" has nearly never stopped me from saying something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Yeah this stinks.

I give you this aubergine as a symbol of my undying love for current suspicion of you.
change vote: coliniscool
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Colin I have a hypothetical for you. Let’s say you were chosen as the mafia don. Which four people would you choose as your mafia buddies? This is so we can see the thought process of players as they deal with the question put it in a spreadsheet and look for patterns and where patterns break.

At least that’s what I was gonna do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Mac used post silly shit at Skyler

Skyler became confused

He hurt himself in his confusion

Skyler fainted

ColonialBob go!

ColonialBob used tunnel

But it failed
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Surely scum Colin would not be dumb enough to refuse the 4 names
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I hate this reasoning.
No. He could say something like, "I think it'd be useful to see what people say." Or he could say "There might be patterns in who's picked." If he has a real strategy here that needs time to pan out, he shouldn't be daring the Mafia to kill him for it by saying he has a "damn good reason" to hide his intentions.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hmm I disagree with Colin's perspective here but I don't necessarily find him suspicious for it. It might partially be a culture thing, idk. I think he genuinely believes in his reasoning and I think epi/colin are civ/civ
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I hate this reasoning.
No. He could say something like, "I think it'd be useful to see what people say." Or he could say "There might be patterns in who's picked." If he has a real strategy here that needs time to pan out, he shouldn't be daring the Mafia to kill him for it by saying he has a "damn good reason" to hide his intentions.
We've still got plenty of time before D1 ends tho
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 pmlol :p I've had fun with vig roles in the past, though it's been a while. I think I'd take a different attitude to the role than I generally have toward suspicions in the thread (and day 1 would have at least passed which is always the hardest)
hmmmmmm okay. and you enjoyed the vig role before? they were good experiences?

unrelated question: as of right now, how do you feel about your pegasus cousins, long con and rabbit?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have an ancient memory of Colin being a ping machine and getting mislynched but I might just be trying to defend my scum teammate.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm Surely scum Colin would not be dumb enough to refuse the 4 names
Flip side, at this point it probably looks scummier to give the four names and fold over holding strong.

It’s also still the townie thing to do but it just doesn’t look good for Colin.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I hate this reasoning.
Epi doesn't have an equal chance of being nightkilled. He has higher change if scum think he has important power.
Scum know half of his role already anyway. Now this suspicion demands the specific scenario wherein his unknown power ties into this exercise in some way -- a wild ass guess based on nothing. Even if he is the most threatening player and has a scary role, there are still 18 other civilians who can be killed. None of them have a majority-probability of being killed. It's math. If I am being asked to believe that a civilian should give a damn about that on Day 1, particularly in this context with an exercise being drawn asking only for four names, I say -- bullhickey. Horseshit. That's made up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm Mac used post silly shit at Skyler

Skyler became confused

Skyler fainted

ColonialBob go!

ColonialBob used tunnel

But it failed
:rolleyes:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm hmm
unvote whoever I voted for
VOTE NUTELLA
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 pm
Rather good point
weren't you the one saying that townies should never be afraid to die?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I hate this reasoning.
Absolute crap.

Simple question, Colin: what is the current phase?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm Mac used post silly shit at Skyler

Skyler became confused

Skyler fainted

ColonialBob go!

ColonialBob used tunnel

But it failed
:rolleyes:
ColonialBob used eyeroll emoji

It's not very effective

Mac used post in Pokemon references

It's not very effective
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Those of you who are asking me to name names need to go back and see where I said I'd pick random names, because I don't know you. I said this directly in an exchange about all of this explaining why I thought it was suspicious.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 pmlol :p I've had fun with vig roles in the past, though it's been a while. I think I'd take a different attitude to the role than I generally have toward suspicions in the thread (and day 1 would have at least passed which is always the hardest)
hmmmmmm okay. and you enjoyed the vig role before? they were good experiences?

unrelated question: as of right now, how do you feel about your pegasus cousins, long con and rabbit?
yeah, I honestly don't remember when the last time was but I have some recollection of doing decently well with them.

I feel pretty ok about LC but he's not one of my highest town reads. Rabbit is completely gone so null.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

suddenly I can't keep up with the thread... so anyone wanna tell me who to day vig?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm
Rather good point
Skyler scumslipped. I know his meta. He scumslips all the time.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Rather good point
If they are top suspect of town then they should go willingly to death to clear things up after saying their peace, but why make yourself target of scum

In the context of not fighting a lynch it's more likely to help town save time if you're too controversial and need to get out
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin is a civ. Nutella is Mafia so knows it and is distancing from the lynch. It is known.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

when has town skyler ever gone down without a fight? :confused2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I hate this reasoning.
In Fiddler on the Roof, I deliberately played like shit early on and tried to bait the mafia into killing other people. Why? Because I was a protector and someone who had the chance to gain BTSC with three people, including the role checker.

Here, I'm Justin fucking Bieber. If the mafia want to kill me, they are going to have to do so at the expense of leaving other more powerful roles alive.

I was under the impression that you were good at this.

As far as I know, my win condition isn't to stay alive. It's to destroy evil.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Rather good point
:confused: explain
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Rather good point
It's impossible for me to scum slip because I'm not scum
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

skylar is rundontwalk?
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 180

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 am
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:17 am Just like on RYM, rundontwalk is posting like a madman aka #ballstothewall. And dunya can't wait to start digging around in everyone's post histories.
Hey Dwarf, what do these observations mean to you as it pertains to those two players' alignments?
There was no particular judgment made here. It's their M.O. every game basically.

Also, this will be my last post for Sunday probably.
Dwarf loses a point for saying things just to say things.
This was just banter because I was reminiscing about the good old days of playing mafia on RYM.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm
Rather good point
:confused: explain
It was bait to attract Mafia. You chowed down on the bait.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Rather good point
If they are top suspect of town then they should go willingly to death to clear things up after saying their peace, but why make yourself target of scum

In the context of not fighting a lynch it's more likely to help town save time if you're too controversial and need to get out
.....but... it's usually bad to waste a lynch on a civ. scum kills are all going to be civs, so isn't it better to get nightkilled than waste numbers on a mislynch?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm
Rather good point
It's impossible for me to scum slip because I'm not scum
Hush Skyler
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm Colin is a civ. Nutella is Mafia so knows it and is distancing from the lynch. It is known.
nah bro I legitimately don't get why he's suspicious. like what is the baddie motive for his argument here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella, why do you think Epi and Colin are both civilians?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 pm when has town skyler ever gone down without a fight? :confused2:
I don't fight as much as when I'm scum.

Like when town then fine lynch me and you'll see you're wrong

When I'm scum I care about staying alive more

Return to “Previous Jobs”