Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm I don't do elaborate iso analyses like some other people, I just skim it and write out general impressions, maybe with one or two quotes, so it doesn't take very long :shrug:
I didn't feel that way reading your Dr. White iso today. It felt pretty comprehensive, though non-conclusive. Even after ISOing him, you refused to give a firm read on him, calling him decent overall, but leaving plenty of room to be swayed one way or the other, then asked Jimmy on what bad he saw in him. Opportunism.

Epi cases ColinIsCool, in great depth, amidst your downfall with RYMers and you take it as a lifeline to see what Epi has cooked up.

MacDougall mentions a possible RDW scumslip - you really jumped for that one. MacDougall claims it was a gag, and you back off.

WIFOM - I didn't go after Colin, because Colin is definitely town. TMI.

Voting for MacDougall when he was an easy lynch target being on holiday and all, then quickly following Long Con on the Shaman whom you drafted (which is still a question mark for me) makes two bad vote lynch decisions that look really opportunistic for you.

reeks of opportunism on all fronts this phase.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm looking at dr white's iso
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.
This is a decent post with some early impressions (Jay half-jokingly[?] called out the three uses of "interesting" but I do not subscribe to the notion that it's a tell of any kind, partially because I use such words often myself)

then the discussion about GTH reads (Mac's and the practice in general), Dr. White doesn't like them and gives good reason why

So far looking good.

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:05 pm OH man I am so fucked :haha:

Thanks jack I appreciate it
I....don't understand.
Jack gave me a double edged sword passive regarding lynches

I can’t quote word for word but it essentially means I’m easy to lynch AND I’m a target for mafia because I’m a Doctor role

I’m. So. Dead.
This post along with your general attitude of posting "good" when I said I want to lynch you (tongue in cheek mostly, for your--I assumed--tongue in cheek posts) make me scratch my head. It's like you're itching to be lynched? Idgi. Why else would you share this info with us?
well the prior information doesn’t correspond to the new present since I didn’t have my background to my role yet.

So your connections don’t match up, in regards to sharing: I don’t want to have some kinda silly vote on me and end up Lynched when someone else clearly had more votes and cause some kind of schism in the rational of the game.

Unless of course there’s the case of role reveals upon death which off the top of my head I can’t remember is a thing
It was these exchanges @dunya . Him weirdly giving info while talking aloud to the host, followed by being so worried about getting lynched when only one vote was placed.

He and Longcon are giving my vibes of trying to veil themselves, Spirit with this shtick and LC with his "ignorance of everything". Feel similar with kites and his continued presence in the game being only to pop in and let us know he doesn't get things, and will try to do better later. I firmly believe a scum would be between these 3, but I do believe of all of them that spirit may just be a town power role for whatever reason decided to info blab.
Don't know how I feel about this post tbh. The sprityo thing simply led me to believe he was a civ being honest about an obnoxious passive. Not sure why White decides there has to be a scum between sprityo, LC, and Kites by grouping together sprityo's claims with the latter two's pattern of claiming ignorance. @Dr. White do you still stand by this? Can you elaborate on your feelings re: LC and Kites?
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:56 pm Best way to deal with Epi imo is have him scanned for that info in backpocket. I have 3 theories that I would use to explain his gameplay so far, but I'll keep quiet on that for now.
What :confused:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:03 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 pm I like Dr White so far. Throwing out firm reads with thought process behind them.
Dr. White, your read on this immediately please.
Either wanted to give his two cents on me since no has read me, or trying to soft buddy me. I think the most possibly alarming thing would be that it came out of nowhere and he hasn't posted in a while before that read.

How do you feel? This is the same type of posting that made you strong town read him correct?
I make note of it because his reason for giving you civilian credit is pretty similar to my reason for giving him civilian credit. Do you believe you have earned that credit to this point?

I think the post is fine personally and fits the paradigm of colonialbob's content to this point which I have generally liked.
I do feel my arguments and insights have been well reasoned and that is seemingly what he likes most about me and my reads, so yeah.
ok, this exchange is a little silly but ultimately a decent look imo
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 pm So far, my impressions are you lot post... a lot. It's a bit hard to follow, especially since I'm playing this game on mobile. Anyway, I have a bit of bias towards Rymers so it might show up in my votes and reads.

I have no clear reads at this point, I'll wait until more bodies pop up down the river.
This post makes my spine tingle.
same tbh

@JaggedJimmyJay can you elaborate on why you're not satisfied by your interactions with Dr. White?
This is the resultant post of your iso of Dr. White. Why is it so much more thorough than your Colin ISO?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm holy fuck can you guys stop posting for 20 seconds?

:suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 pm
rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm unvote Marmot
vote: Nutella

Gth, who would you kill right now? Think carefully as this person actually will die. I have a secret day kill.
DrWilgy
:ponder:

:shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:16 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm holy fuck can you guys stop posting for 20 seconds?

:haha:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis what is your position on nutella?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:16 pm

I post gradually, never to the extent where I can't keep up with myself. :meany:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:22 pm In the epi v. Colin exchange, Colin comes out looking scummiest
tell me why.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy re. Colin.

Since you are the encyclopedia of RYMafia can you help me. I seem to recall that despite starting the RYMafia craze (unless I am conflating him with someone else) Colin had a large break at one point and upon return we had evolved the game so much that he came across abnormal and caught heat for it and also felt like everyone else was very foreign and playing a different game to him and vocalised it.

If you can recall in which game that was and what his alignment was that would be super because it feels like he is doing the same thing here and I feel like it might just be his focus on how the game ought to be played that is attracting all this suspicion.

Colin you might recall too?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm Mac used post silly shit at Skyler

Skyler became confused

He hurt himself in his confusion

Skyler fainted

ColonialBob go!

ColonialBob used tunnel

But it failed
:rolleyes:
ColonialBob used eyeroll emoji

It's not very effective

Mac used post in Pokemon references

It's not very effective
>posts an open-ended question about an interaction
>gets accused of tunneling

:sigh:
I don't understand what's going on here between MacD and cBob. MacDougall, what are you trying to say?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:24 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm Mac used post silly shit at Skyler

Skyler became confused

He hurt himself in his confusion

Skyler fainted

ColonialBob go!

ColonialBob used tunnel

But it failed
:rolleyes:
ColonialBob used eyeroll emoji

It's not very effective

Mac used post in Pokemon references

It's not very effective
>posts an open-ended question about an interaction
>gets accused of tunneling

:sigh:
I don't understand what's going on here between MacD and cBob. MacDougall, what are you trying to say?
I was just making light of the fact that when I started posting cBob came from the cosmic veil to question my interactions with Skyler. He has since returned to the veil.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm Jimmy re. Colin.

Since you are the encyclopedia of RYMafia can you help me. I seem to recall that despite starting the RYMafia craze (unless I am conflating him with someone else) Colin had a large break at one point and upon return we had evolved the game so much that he came across abnormal and caught heat for it and also felt like everyone else was very foreign and playing a different game to him and vocalised it.

If you can recall in which game that was and what his alignment was that would be super because it feels like he is doing the same thing here and I feel like it might just be his focus on how the game ought to be played that is attracting all this suspicion.

Colin you might recall too?
sinagog started RYM Mafia as the host of game #1. Colin was one of the earliest players though. You're correct that he took a long hiatus, and I believe he returned from that hiatus in game #35 (The Matrix, hosted by Mungbean). You were the rogue; it was the game where Equus posted that picture breakdown that became famous. Colin was her mafia teammate and was the only member of the team to be lynched.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My whole point is irrelevant because I mistook him for sinagog. Moving on.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm I don't do elaborate iso analyses like some other people, I just skim it and write out general impressions, maybe with one or two quotes, so it doesn't take very long :shrug:
I didn't feel that way reading your Dr. White iso today. It felt pretty comprehensive, though non-conclusive. Even after ISOing him, you refused to give a firm read on him, calling him decent overall, but leaving plenty of room to be swayed one way or the other, then asked Jimmy on what bad he saw in him. Opportunism.

Epi cases ColinIsCool, in great depth, amidst your downfall with RYMers and you take it as a lifeline to see what Epi has cooked up.

MacDougall mentions a possible RDW scumslip - you really jumped for that one. MacDougall claims it was a gag, and you back off.

Voting for MacDougall when he was an easy lynch target being on holiday and all, then quickly following Long Con on the Shaman whom you drafted (which is still a question mark for me) makes two bad vote lynch decisions that look really opportunistic for you.

ok first of all my Dr. White iso was also pretty quick, it was more than I usually do, sure, but not comprehensive. I don't get how it was opportunistic either, I finished the iso feeling quite good about him, and you are mischaracterizing my question to jay.

Don't get what you're saying re: epi and colin

I didn't "really jump" for the mac thing, I was confused about what he was talking about and asked for an explanation and he gave one.

and again, I just don't agree with the suspicion on Colin. simple as that.

I'll admit my votes so far haven't been great choices, but they were reflective of my thoughts at the time I made them, and also my passive gives me a bit of a limitation there (which is also the reason I haven't put my vote on someone else yet despite not wanting my vote to be on tony anymore)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks btw
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm My whole point is irrelevant because I mistook him for sinagog. Moving on.
It may not be irrelevant, because I am sure the intensity of this brand of Mafia is not the same as what Colin was accustomed to in the early games on RYM. I don't know if that culture shock is a good reason for him to assume Epignosis should be hiding from night kills though. I just don't get that argument.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm

ok first of all my Dr. White iso was also pretty quick, it was more than I usually do, sure, but not comprehensive. I don't get how it was opportunistic either, I finished the iso feeling quite good about him, and you are mischaracterizing my question to jay.

Don't get what you're saying re: epi and colin

I didn't "really jump" for the mac thing, I was confused about what he was talking about and asked for an explanation and he gave one.

and again, I just don't agree with the suspicion on Colin. simple as that.

I'll admit my votes so far haven't been great choices, but they were reflective of my thoughts at the time I made them, and also my passive gives me a bit of a limitation there (which is also the reason I haven't put my vote on someone else yet despite not wanting my vote to be on tony anymore)
How do you know your votes haven't been good choices?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm I'll admit my votes so far haven't been great choices
Why weren't they great choices?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm My whole point is irrelevant because I mistook him for sinagog. Moving on.
It may not be irrelevant, because I am sure the intensity of this brand of Mafia is not the same as what Colin was accustomed to in the early games on RYM. I don't know if that culture shock is a good reason for him to assume Epignosis should be hiding from night kills though. I just don't get that argument.
Some civs like to avoid night kills no? I'm sure we have had that conversation before.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm Y'all, this condescending stuff is not gonna fly, I don't need to be in this game.

I don't see what I'm not communicating here. It is really, really strange for a townie, no matter the phase, to come into the thread and advertise themselves alone as a threat to the mafia. If you really think you have an ace in the hole or a way to get a leg up, you want to disguise it innocuously. You don't want to say stuff like "if the Mafia knew what I was doing, they'd try to stop me." Well, now they know they have a good reason to try to stop you either way, so it's USELESS.
I don't intend to be condescending, so please don't take offense. I simply don't believe the argument you're putting forth here.

1.) Epignosis has a zero percent chance of being night killed on Day 1, so that we're talking about this at all is already goofy.

2.) Where is this brazen advertisement of being an imminent threat? Epignosis said he isn't going to tell you what he intends with his exercise because it would render the exercise pointless. Maybe it even is pointless. You haven't given it a chance though. Before it has ever developed, barely halfway into the day phase, you have discarded it as nothing. Why not give Epignosis time to do whatever he's doing before you make that decision? Maybe it's an hour to EOD and he still hasn't done shit. Then you can make this case more validly. It isn't that hard to fathom why this exercise might have value. First and foremost, what is the core source of this current dialogue? It's right in front of your face.

3.) The entire premise that a civilian inherently must play timidly to avoid night kills flies in the face of common sense. If you're an alignment cop, sure, be careful. Otherwise who gives a damn? The objective of this game is not to survive. It is to lynch mafia.
I'm an alignment cop, idgaf what I say. I play every game as though I'm vanilla townie, the powers are just added toys but I don't even need them. :keys:

ego stroking aside, I really do see what Colin is saying and his last post still reads sincerely to me. :shrug: I don't agree with him, obv, I mean, look at how I fucking play, but I also resent players who act like their way should be THE way or go and take the highway. It's not just Epignosis who plays like that, it's you as well, probably MacDougall... (and maybe me sometimes). People have different ways of approaching situations, and ColinIsCool especially is someone with a lot of mafia playing history from cultures different from RYM and The Syndicate. Think about how you and Sloonei were approached by Syndicators when you first played here. You're acting all bewildered at someone's logic just because it doesn't make sense to you and while that is totally JJJ-like, it's not always right and I'm glad I can call you out on it here. XD
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

because I changed my mind on them later and now think both of them are more likely town?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol all of a sudden nutella has myself, dunya and Jimmy questioning her. I feel sorry for her now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm
Some civs like to avoid night kills no? I'm sure we have had that conversation before.
Old timey Syndikats who are accustomed to survival win conditions might. I generally don't give a shit about avoiding kills. Granted, I rarely seem to get killed. :shrug2:

The structure of the argument, as I see it (correct me if it's a misinterpretation, Colin) is this:

A. Epignosis is employing an exercise which doesn't look especially productive.

B. Epignosis is not giving details about the purpose of the exercise or what he hopes to do with it because it might tip of the Mafia team to his intentions.

C. This means Epignosis is admitting to being a threat to the mafia and thus a potential night kill target.

D. A civilian shouldn't make himself so openly a night kill target.

~~~

I think (A) is too quick to discard the exercise when the day is young enough that there's no urgency for Epignosis to have any perspective other than (B). Moreover, I don't understand how (C) follows from (B) -- a gap in reasoning is being crossed and it makes little sense to me. Playing some exercise in the thread and keeping its purpose under wraps is not equivalent to having some unique power role which should terrify the mafia team. That logic is bizarre. (D) can be a matter of culture shock/clash. I think it's an overly simplistic portrayal of a broad strategic concept, but some people probably do avoid night kills even to the detriment of their own civilian team.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I've done this before, for specific reasons tho. Made myself seem scummy right before night so people start talking about me and scum team thinks I may be a good lynch target the next day, because I need a night phase to use my role.

Doesn't always work, but I've tried it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 pm
Old timey Syndikats who are accustomed to survival win conditions might. I generally don't give a shit about avoiding kills. Granted, I rarely seem to get killed. :shrug2:

The structure of the argument, as I see it (correct me if it's a misinterpretation, Colin) is this:

B. Epignosis is not giving details about the purpose of the exercise or what he hopes to do with it because it might tip of the Mafia team to his intentions.

C. This means Epignosis is admitting to being a threat to the mafia and thus a potential night kill target.

~~~

I think (A) is too quick to discard the exercise when the day is young enough that there's no urgency for Epignosis to have any perspective other than (B). Moreover, I don't understand how (C) follows from (B) -- a gap in reasoning is being crossed and it makes little sense to me. Playing some exercise in the thread and keeping its purpose under wraps is not equivalent to having some unique power role which should terrify the mafia team. That logic is bizarre. (D) can be a matter of culture shock/clash. I think it's an overly simplistic portrayal of a broad strategic concept, but some people probably do avoid night kills even to the detriment of their own civilian team.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

If mafia was a game of logic, I simply would not play it. Just sayin'. Thank the heavens for a thing called spontaneity and personality. :keys: :keys: :keys: :keys:
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

[mention]nutella[/mention]
LC is playing really suspect especially his earlier post, and now he is falling back on more excuses like him being really bad. Kites was doing something similar in that he'd pop in, talk about how much he doesn't understand stuff, and that he'd contribute later. I always find that play sus. I may have come on a bit strong in the moment, and while I do still there is good odds about them, not as certain.

I think Kyle, Runningdude, and maybe Tony are new watch targets. Kyle dude has been playing very apprehensively, and when he tries to contribute to conversation it seems a bit forced or reactive. Runningdude seems aggressive but in a scum manner of trying to pin stuff on people, and Tony is a tone/intuition read from his post.

Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That was my reaction to the mafia computer as well btw

[mention]dunya[/mention]
Dr. White

Post by Dr. White »

I saw some of this too.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I understand that Colin is not from around here. I understand that my way of playing Mafia is not the only way.

I don't understand how a civilian brain develops the argument I just portrayed specifically from (B) to (C). That transition is the core of my problem with Colin. It looks fake. If you can convince me that it isn't I am all ears.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm @nutella
LC is playing really suspect especially his earlier post, and now he is falling back on more excuses like him being really bad. Kites was doing something similar in that he'd pop in, talk about how much he doesn't understand stuff, and that he'd contribute later. I always find that play sus. I may have come on a bit strong in the moment, and while I do still there is good odds about them, not as certain.

I think Kyle, Runningdude, and maybe Tony are new watch targets. Kyle dude has been playing very apprehensively, and when he tries to contribute to conversation it seems a bit forced or reactive. Runningdude seems aggressive but in a scum manner of trying to pin stuff on people, and Tony is a tone/intuition read from his post.

Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.
Um, I'm a big fish too
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fucking hell people. Sure, I'm an annoying Vulcan and Mafia isn't all about logic.

I. KNOW. THAT.

I am trying to explain my suspicion, not write a mathematical proof.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dr. White

Post by Dr. White »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm @nutella

Um, I'm a big fish too
cool beans
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

As far as doctors go I prefer Wilgy.

We're lynching nutella. I am the boss and that's final.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.
To put it most succinctly:

You keep dancing around "JJJ and colonialbob are mafia teammates" without just saying it. It smells like a desire to manipulate a negative climate without committing to an actual read. To stick me alongside bob is too easy and I am not convinced you really believe that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 pm Fucking hell people. Sure, I'm an annoying Vulcan and Mafia isn't all about logic.

I. KNOW. THAT.

I am trying to explain my suspicion, not write a mathematical proof.
hehehe, you're not annoying <3 never change, darling, never change. :cloud9:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also he implied that LC, Skyler and I aren't big fish and frankly that's diabloical. Lynch on sight.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I understand that Colin is not from around here. I understand that my way of playing Mafia is not the only way.

I don't understand how a civilian brain develops the argument I just portrayed specifically from (B) to (C). That transition is the core of my problem with Colin. It looks fake. If you can convince me that it isn't I am all ears.
okay, let me try, but like, if I fail, I'll blame it on your illogical pattern of thinking. Deal? :slick:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 pm because I changed my mind on them later and now think both of them are more likely town?
What do you think of your drafting decisions?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 pm Also he implied that LC, Skyler and I aren't big fish and frankly that's diabloical. Lynch on sight.
at least he mentioned you, ctrl+f dunya doesn't exist.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 pm You have asked me or wondered aloud now three times about what I am doing. I haven't answered you. There's a damn good reason for that. Were I to answer, the mafia now know what I am doing. Thanks, but no thanks.
I mean, why say this? Whether they know what you're doing or not, you are advertising yourself as a threat to them, saying that it's their best interests to stop you from figuring this stuff out. Why would a townie be so confident they wouldn't be nightkilled for that sentence alone?
No thanks. You're telling me that Epignosis should be broadcasting his intentions, whatever they may be, thus neutralizing their potential, all so he can avoid a night kill which is by the numbers already unlikely?

I hate this reasoning.
No. He could say something like, "I think it'd be useful to see what people say." Or he could say "There might be patterns in who's picked." If he has a real strategy here that needs time to pan out, he shouldn't be daring the Mafia to kill him for it by saying he has a "damn good reason" to hide his intentions.
Absolute crap.

Simple question, Colin: what is the current phase?
Y'all, this condescending stuff is not gonna fly, I don't need to be in this game.

I don't see what I'm not communicating here. It is really, really strange for a townie, no matter the phase, to come into the thread and advertise themselves alone as a threat to the mafia. If you really think you have an ace in the hole or a way to get a leg up, you want to disguise it innocuously. You don't want to say stuff like "if the Mafia knew what I was doing, they'd try to stop me." Well, now they know they have a good reason to try to stop you either way, so it's USELESS.
This is completely sincere imo. I also don't see any reason why a scum Colin would have been adamant about not revealing his 4 reads. Indeed if anyone is willing to contribute to that exercise the most, it's the scum team while applying a large does of WIFOM. I didn't like the exercise either. I don't know Epi's motives behind it, and I don't really care much about the whole thing. Making a huge deal about someone who doesn't want to do what you demand is arrogant behavior really. It's like me starting a game of GTH reads and calling out anyone who doesn't participate. ya, nothx.
I do not suspect Colin for not naming names. There were several who didn't do that.

I suspect him for implying I was not mafia, discrediting my approach without seeing what I have to offer, and then suspecting me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I asked for your opinion on nutella.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm epignosis - His behavior feels a bit off
Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

What are the degrees of offness?

What behavior would be "on?"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 pm Epignosis what is your position on nutella?
No opinion.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 pm Epignosis what is your position on nutella?
No opinion.
Hahahahaha.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella has done several things that I have witnessed you call out as scum tells in other games. That plus comments made by dunya and myself and you have no opinion.

Form one or follow her to the grave.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Old timey Syndikats who are accustomed to survival win conditions might. I generally don't give a shit about avoiding kills. Granted, I rarely seem to get killed.
:shrug2:

~~~

I should probably have like 40 civilian wins here but for that. :pout:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Everyone's over here trying to be alpha male and I'm just putting around in the corner, trying to find a bro to play with and being ignored.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm

~~~

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I only took you to the dance. I wasn't trying to give you an orgasm. :disappoint:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Epi and Collins is civ on civ

One of the supertown people is mafia no doubt

the other mafia are lurking

Rabbit's gone AWALL which is weird.

For my shots I'm tempting to start trimming off no posters thoughts?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”