Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by sig »

Vote Rabbit
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm I don't see what I'm not communicating here. It is really, really strange for a townie, no matter the phase, to come into the thread and advertise themselves alone as a threat to the mafia. If you really think you have an ace in the hole or a way to get a leg up, you want to disguise it innocuously. You don't want to say stuff like "if the Mafia knew what I was doing, they'd try to stop me." Well, now they know they have a good reason to try to stop you either way, so it's USELESS.
Here. This. This is what I find so gross. There's such an obvious interpretation that Colin is not acknowledging.

Epignosis doesn't want to tip off the mafia team. It isn't about their "wanting to stop him". It's about their understanding of his intentions and reacting accordingly. If there's something he's looking for, or some overall purpose under the surface -- saying what it is in the thread prevents it from working. The mafia maneuver their behavior to improve their appearances.

I have been that guy so many times. It's the exact reason why the first few times I ran those gun-to-head reads exercises, I was as vague as possible about what I was doing until the last second. Tipping off the mafia team to your moves is foolish, and that Colin demanded that of Epignosis with this bolded bullshit in hand strikes me such crap.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm My whole point is irrelevant because I mistook him for sinagog. Moving on.
It may not be irrelevant, because I am sure the intensity of this brand of Mafia is not the same as what Colin was accustomed to in the early games on RYM. I don't know if that culture shock is a good reason for him to assume Epignosis should be hiding from night kills though. I just don't get that argument.
Some civs like to avoid night kills no? I'm sure we have had that conversation before.
Old timey Syndikats who are accustomed to survival win conditions might. I generally don't give a shit about avoiding kills. Granted, I rarely seem to get killed. :shrug2:

The structure of the argument, as I see it (correct me if it's a misinterpretation, Colin) is this:

A. Epignosis is employing an exercise which doesn't look especially productive.

B. Epignosis is not giving details about the purpose of the exercise or what he hopes to do with it because it might tip of the Mafia team to his intentions.

C. This means Epignosis is admitting to being a threat to the mafia and thus a potential night kill target.

D. A civilian shouldn't make himself so openly a night kill target.

~~~

I think (A) is too quick to discard the exercise when the day is young enough that there's no urgency for Epignosis to have any perspective other than (B). Moreover, I don't understand how (C) follows from (B) -- a gap in reasoning is being crossed and it makes little sense to me. Playing some exercise in the thread and keeping its purpose under wraps is not equivalent to having some unique power role which should terrify the mafia team. That logic is bizarre. (D) can be a matter of culture shock/clash. I think it's an overly simplistic portrayal of a broad strategic concept, but some people probably do avoid night kills even to the detriment of their own civilian team.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I only took you to the dance. I wasn't trying to give you an orgasm. :disappoint:
Jay just has this electrifying effect on my body...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 pm Nutella has done several things that I have witnessed you call out as scum tells in other games. That plus comments made by dunya and myself and you have no opinion.

Form one or follow her to the grave.
I was posting as I was reading, so that looks like your prodding me made me comment on nutella. It didn't.

And I have no opinion on nutella.

Go fish.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:02 pm Jay just has this electrifying effect on my body...
Y'all never got it this good with ikaWolf. :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm My whole point is irrelevant because I mistook him for sinagog. Moving on.
It may not be irrelevant, because I am sure the intensity of this brand of Mafia is not the same as what Colin was accustomed to in the early games on RYM. I don't know if that culture shock is a good reason for him to assume Epignosis should be hiding from night kills though. I just don't get that argument.
Some civs like to avoid night kills no? I'm sure we have had that conversation before.
Old timey Syndikats who are accustomed to survival win conditions might. I generally don't give a shit about avoiding kills. Granted, I rarely seem to get killed. :shrug2:

The structure of the argument, as I see it (correct me if it's a misinterpretation, Colin) is this:

B. Epignosis is not giving details about the purpose of the exercise or what he hopes to do with it because it might tip of the Mafia team to his intentions.

C. This means Epignosis is admitting to being a threat to the mafia and thus a potential night kill target.

~~~

I think (A) is too quick to discard the exercise when the day is young enough that there's no urgency for Epignosis to have any perspective other than (B). Moreover, I don't understand how (C) follows from (B) -- a gap in reasoning is being crossed and it makes little sense to me. Playing some exercise in the thread and keeping its purpose under wraps is not equivalent to having some unique power role which should terrify the mafia team. That logic is bizarre. (D) can be a matter of culture shock/clash. I think it's an overly simplistic portrayal of a broad strategic concept, but some people probably do avoid night kills even to the detriment of their own civilian team.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I only took you to the dance. I wasn't trying to give you an orgasm. :disappoint:
Jay just has this electrifying effect on my body...
I've seen Jay twerk.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pmKyle dude has been playing very apprehensively, and when he tries to contribute to conversation it seems a bit forced or reactive.
I think that might just be who I am as a person.

In general I am actually just an apprehensive and reactive player. I don't like to make assumptions on anything until there's solid grounding to do so, and I try to consider all possible angles of every player and every situation until I've whittled everything down to the most likely truths.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:48 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 pm because I changed my mind on them later and now think both of them are more likely town?
What do you think of your drafting decisions?
you mean my decision to give Tony the role he asked for? I've answered that already. I gave it to the first person who gave me a clear preference as I wanted to move it along

sig wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm Epi and Collins is civ on civ

One of the supertown people is mafia no doubt

the other mafia are lurking

Rabbit's gone AWALL which is weird.

For my shots I'm tempting to start trimming off no posters thoughts?
this guy knows what's up. I would join him in the rabbit vote, but I'd somewhat prefer one of the other lurkers (wilgy, lapluie, a little less so iron dwarf) over my fellow pegasus, I'd rather give him a chance to appear
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm this guy knows what's up. I would join him in the rabbit vote, but I'd somewhat prefer one of the other lurkers (wilgy, lapluie, a little less so iron dwarf) over my fellow pegasus, I'd rather give him a chance to appear
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm you like salad huh :evileye:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:58 pm Nutella has done several things that I have witnessed you call out as scum tells in other games. That plus comments made by dunya and myself and you have no opinion.

I was posting as I was reading, so that looks like your prodding me made me comment on nutella. It didn't.

Go fish.
You are very capable of forming one in spite of your overwhelming desire to be ever the contrarian so I would appreciate if you would.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

naming the players who have not posted this phase is not salad :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

or was that because I said that to iron dwarf and now put him below the other two? I just said a little less on him because he has now returned and given input
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I understand that Colin is not from around here. I understand that my way of playing Mafia is not the only way.

I don't understand how a civilian brain develops the argument I just portrayed specifically from (B) to (C). That transition is the core of my problem with Colin. It looks fake. If you can convince me that it isn't I am all ears.
okay, let me try, but like, if I fail, I'll blame it on your illogical pattern of thinking. Deal? :slick:

for A, I agreed with Colin. I joined in the exercise, but after a few minutes I realized what could happen, I realized this wasn't fun chit-chat. I debunked this exercise as a cesspool of WIFOM before it even began, because that's exactly what it would attract. I didn't think people shouldn't participate, but I wouldn't have felt put off if they didn't want to.

B. Epi is just being an enigma cos he likes being the center of attention, little whore that he is. But ok, let;s call it "for the purpose of the exercise..." :p

C. why is this so hard to believe? In many mafia cultures people hide their roles and others fake claim to protect the town PRs so that the scum doesn't kill you at night. Tink did it in Vocaroo 2 and she's 8 years old! Is it a little basic and maybe even naive in a game like this one? sure, but is it absolutely impossible to be a civ thought from someone whose first time playing on the syndicate (and for a few years at all)? I just don't see the outburst here. How it makes 0 sense. To you maybe, and not something I agree with, but I can see WHY someone would think that, even in the Syndicate culture.

D. this is not exactly the whole story, because he's also calling Epi scum for doing it and not just scolding a civ Epi. I wouldn't say this exercise has helped me decide whether Epi is scum or town yet, but what I don't like in this (unlike your reasons), is Colin's handling of the argument which points to WHY a civ SHOULDN'T do what Epi does, the whole argument reliant on a civ Epi to make sense, then call him scum. Unless he believes Epi is being really contrary? Idgi.

Your issue with being unable to understand a transition from point B to point C isn't the same as my issue with jumping point from ABCD to E.

have i convinced you, baby? *bats eyelashes*
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm naming the players who have not posted this phase is not salad :disappoint:
"I would consider lynching X or Y or Z, or W to a lesser degree..." is prototype salad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm this guy knows what's up. I would join him in the rabbit vote, but I'd somewhat prefer one of the other lurkers (wilgy, lapluie, a little less so iron dwarf) over my fellow pegasus, I'd rather give him a chance to appear
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm you like salad huh :evileye:
I meant to comment on the salad post too. The quote she replied to was dwarf's scum leans. I don't consider that salad in the way you wield it. Every some but not all players mentioned post is not salad right?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Go fish.
You are very capable of forming one in spite of your overwhelming desire to be ever the contrarian so I would appreciate if you would.
You're itching to vote for me.

I'd rather see if you go for it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm naming the players who have not posted this phase is not salad :disappoint:
"I would consider lynching X or Y or Z, or W to a lesser degree..." is prototype salad.
Not in this context. I was specifically talking about the lurkers, which I have brought up before. if that qualifies as salad I think you need to rethink your definition
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Go fish.

Not at all. I believe nutella has done things you will scum read If you can be fucked to actually do it. Gah to heck with you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I literally saw things she posted and went 'Epi scumreads this kind of thing'.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

what's the current vote tally?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

A haiku:

What does salad mean
In this context, not real world
Someone help, I'm lost

And:

What does blending mean
No one told me the first time
Mafia is weird
Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.
To put it most succinctly:

You keep dancing around "JJJ and colonialbob are mafia teammates" without just saying it. It smells like a desire to manipulate a negative climate without committing to an actual read. To stick me alongside bob is too easy and I am not convinced you really believe that.
This is a real shallow and forced conclusion. I am noting something that is sus. I am not "dancing around saying you two are scum mates" because that isn't the only conclusion one can come to. Yes, you could be scum mates, or you can be going for town cred by latching on to a townie and giving him good marks. So yes it is contributing to my sus of you, but in no way entails I have to 100% subscribe to both of you being scummates.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Go fish.

Not at all. I believe nutella has done things you will scum read If you can be fucked to actually do it. Gah to heck with you.
I have perhaps the worst track record with nutella. The worst.

I defended her once as a lock civilian and she was bad and won. I don't even try early on anymore.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm A haiku:

What does salad mean
In this context, not real world
Someone help, I'm lost

And:

What does blending mean
No one told me the first time
Mafia is weird
Player salad is a perceived scum tell that scum exhibit when they post multiple names for no apparent reason.

Blending is what scum do to blend in.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm Vote Rabbit
tell me more, tell me more, was it lynch at first sight?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Go fish.

I defended her once as a lock civilian and she was bad and won. I don't even try early on anymore.
:ponder:

Forget it then.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm
wait is that a vote or a vig? o.O
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm Jimmy re. Colin.

Since you are the encyclopedia of RYMafia can you help me. I seem to recall that despite starting the RYMafia craze (unless I am conflating him with someone else) Colin had a large break at one point and upon return we had evolved the game so much that he came across abnormal and caught heat for it and also felt like everyone else was very foreign and playing a different game to him and vocalised it.

If you can recall in which game that was and what his alignment was that would be super because it feels like he is doing the same thing here and I feel like it might just be his focus on how the game ought to be played that is attracting all this suspicion.

Colin you might recall too?
sinagog started RYM Mafia as the host of game #1. Colin was one of the earliest players though. You're correct that he took a long hiatus, and I believe he returned from that hiatus in game #35 (The Matrix, hosted by Mungbean). You were the rogue; it was the game where Equus posted that picture breakdown that became famous. Colin was her mafia teammate and was the only member of the team to be lynched.
Plz tell me you looked this up and don't just have all this stuff in your head.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm Jimmy re. Colin.

Since you are the encyclopedia of RYMafia can you help me. I seem to recall that despite starting the RYMafia craze (unless I am conflating him with someone else) Colin had a large break at one point and upon return we had evolved the game so much that he came across abnormal and caught heat for it and also felt like everyone else was very foreign and playing a different game to him and vocalised it.

If you can recall in which game that was and what his alignment was that would be super because it feels like he is doing the same thing here and I feel like it might just be his focus on how the game ought to be played that is attracting all this suspicion.

Colin you might recall too?
sinagog started RYM Mafia as the host of game #1. Colin was one of the earliest players though. You're correct that he took a long hiatus, and I believe he returned from that hiatus in game #35 (The Matrix, hosted by Mungbean). You were the rogue; it was the game where Equus posted that picture breakdown that became famous. Colin was her mafia teammate and was the only member of the team to be lynched.
Plz tell me you looked this up and don't just have all this stuff in your head.
i wish.

he once recounted every day/night phase of Loneliness and Cheese to me when I was drawing up a complete blank. Without looking it up.

he's a monster.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.

You keep dancing around "JJJ and colonialbob are mafia teammates" without just saying it. It smells like a desire to manipulate a negative climate without committing to an actual read. To stick me alongside bob is too easy and I am not convinced you really believe that.
This is a real shallow and forced conclusion. I am noting something that is sus. I am not "dancing around saying you two are scum mates" because that isn't the only conclusion one can come to. Yes, you could be scum mates, or you can be going for town cred by latching on to a townie and giving him good marks. So yes it is contributing to my sus of you, but in no way entails I have to 100% subscribe to both of you being scummates.
You've made the problem crystal clear then.

You suggested earlier that "I had my answer" what you were implying about colonialbob and I:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Did I peg you right already so you go for the linguistic call out? So sad.
No that can't be it, because you didn't "peg" me as anything. You called my behavior "interesting". Is that a read? What does that mean?
Interesting, meaning worthy of note. Adding that to the context of you strongly town reading someone off of one action this early in the game and I believe you got your answer J dog.
Apparently I didn't have my answer, because I had no clarification on what you were actually saying until right now. I have had to force numerous posts out of you to get this assertion about the interaction which you called interesting, and it should not be that hard to derive a clear perspective.

And it's all based on an assertion which is total bullshit: Having a strong town read on Day 1 is suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Go fish.

which game is that where you defended her and she was bad and won?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm Plz tell me you looked this up and don't just have all this stuff in your head.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm
wait is that a vote or a vig? o.O
It's a vote that I was trying to make stand out better, my original site we voted in red the color was icky.

I mainly voted here since he came in got his role then went poof. So we knew he was active and I figure if he's lurking a vote would bring him out. Plus I wanted to vote in case I forget later on and not level up.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm And it's all based on an assertion which is total bullshit: Having a strong town read on Day 1 is suspicious.
tru, but you know having a strong unwavering scum read on someone day 1 is suspicious, and I've caught a few scum that way, so sometimes I extend it to town reads. If cBob was your only civ credit, I'd have agreed with Dr. White. Since he wasn't and isn't, I also think the suspicions are not in their place.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Go fish.

which game is that where you defended her and she was bad and won?
I searched for it, and apparently I reference Twelve Angry Men and Henry Fonda a lot.

I can look harder if you want, but I referenced that game in Mountains Mafia:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm @Sloonei
@colonialbob

What do you think of Epi's vote for LC?
I'm not loving this version of Epignosis. He seems to be working harder at discrediting the accusations against him than actually figuring out the players making the accusations. This doesn't look like the crafty town Epignosis who will get under people's skin for the sake of reading them without any fear or regard for his own appearance. Instead he looks like he's trying to fight his way out of a corner.
This is the version of Epignosis that is tired of Long Con making shit up about him.
I'll grant you that this is not the first time I've seen this show. But Long Con is not the only player who's said things about you.

If you could draw our attention to another player who's been off the radar so far, who would it be?
nutella, but I expressed doubt on that front. My problem with nutella is that I think I have been wrong on her every single time. Hell, last time I defended her Henry Fonda style, and she still turned out being bad. :rolleyes:

At face value, I don't see how her comments about Quin's reasons for voting me or agreeing with you and LC make any sense. She said she'd vote for me if she didn't get anything better. That's weak, and sounds like she was just getting in an early comment about me so she could more comfortably vote against me later in the day. I have a hard time believing she was genuine there.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm have i convinced you, baby? *bats eyelashes*
I'm thinking it over. I remain baffled, and I am also trying to separate general confusion from suspicion. The suspicion of him you did support is quite like Epignosis's suspicion. What is your read on Colin overall?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I see the point in Epi's exercise, but I don't think Collins not doing it is necessarily scummy, like maybe it's a good day 1 vote, but he's being active so I don't know.

I like that White is arguing with Jay, but if I'm being honest I've just kind off skimmed the argument.

RDW seems to have stopped posting as much as before, I think Mac was scum reading him? What happened with that (Or was that a read on Kyle)
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] it was probably Mass Effect?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 pm I searched for it, and apparently I reference Twelve Angry Men and Henry Fonda a lot.

The Search for nutella

I remember other people's play better than they remember it. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dr. White
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Dr. White »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm

You've made the problem crystal clear then.

You suggested earlier that "I had my answer" what you were implying about colonialbob and I:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Did I peg you right already so you go for the linguistic call out? So sad.
No that can't be it, because you didn't "peg" me as anything. You called my behavior "interesting". Is that a read? What does that mean?
Interesting, meaning worthy of note. Adding that to the context of you strongly town reading someone off of one action this early in the game and I believe you got your answer J dog.
Apparently I didn't have my answer, because I had no clarification on what you were actually saying until right now. I have had to force numerous posts out of you to get this assertion about the interaction which you called interesting, and it should not be that hard to derive a clear perspective.

And it's all based on an assertion which is total bullshit: Having a strong town read on Day 1 is suspicious.
That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 pm I see the point in Epi's exercise, but I don't think Collins not doing it is necessarily scummy, like maybe it's a good day 1 vote, but he's being active so I don't know.
Colin did the exercise. Not the argument.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]sig[/mention] Mac made a fake callout of rdw as a "trap", he didn't really scumread him, and as for kyle you may be remembering Tony's mysterious accusation of Kyle which he still has not explained

linki: oh jay says it was SFQ, which I didn't win ftr :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm @Epignosis it was probably Mass Effect?
Nah, I was independent there and wouldn't have bothered. I was a civilian in the game I'm talking about.

You lost your shit over something like the time of the poll ending. Really over the top. It's so powerful I refuse to believe any emotional outburst you ever have again. :)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Nah, I was independent there and wouldn't have bothered. I was a civilian in the game I'm talking about.

You lost your shit over something like the time of the poll ending. Really over the top. It's so powerful I refuse to believe any emotional outburst you ever have again. :)
Yeah that was SFQ. My team lost. :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 pm I searched for it, and apparently I reference Twelve Angry Men and Henry Fonda a lot.

The Search for nutella

I remember other people's play better than they remember it. :noble:
I won't be voting for 3J today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

You did?

Well, you should have at lest won an Oscar. Jesus.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

yes, yes you did. :keys:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
What is this and why should I give a shit?

No it fucking isn't. :huh:

Horseshit. colonialbob made posts and I made a read. You know what you did in response? Made a read. You made a read that you are presently calling "very sus". That's strong language. How can you have such a strong read so early? :rolleyes:

I "keep trying to use it as a means" so hard that I said it one time. Fake.

We could be scumbuddies. I could be buddying a civilian for credit. I can't be town myself. Garbage.

There is nothing blatant about the meaning of "interesting" in a "read" being made in a Mafia game.

You're freaking the fuck out and spewing trash. Die.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I see that's interesting

linki: Jay is being very aggressive., moreso then I remember?
ImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

So much reading. :eek:

Return to “Previous Jobs”