Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm Motherfucker we have been making a case on her all damn day.
No offense, but I sometimes drown out MacDougall responding to every post with repeated accusations in a continuous string. :meany:
No offense taken. I often drown out your posts too.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm Motherfucker we have been making a case on her all damn day.
No offense, but I sometimes drown out MacDougall responding to every post with repeated accusations in a continuous string. :meany:
No offense taken. I often drown out your posts too.
I understand. :consoling:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"
*answers by some but not all*
"Hey Epi why did you ask this?"
"Well see anybody who mentions a predator is scientifically proven to be mafia"
*remaining players all name fuzzy herbivores*

Did those last players respond honestly or because they knew what he waa looking for?
come onnnnn, enough with the hyperbole. there's a lot of grey area than just black and white. One extreme is not another extreme. There's a lot of answers in between, is what Colin is trying to say, that don't make him look like he's plotting the Mafia's downfall one name at a time.
Did you mean to quote me here? I honestly have no idea how what you said connects to what I said.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's funny, because the nutella moment I might find most suspicious actually was a conclusive read: that Colin and Epi are civilian/civilian.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm Slightly more sus based on how emotional he got. It's one thing to curse or use coarse language but telling someone to die and what not indicates being legit tilted. I'm not sure if that's how he always gets though, so either his emotion is belying him being upset that I'm on his case, or that's just how he gets when arguing with someone he sees are wrong and bullshitting. That's where your impression would be much more helpful.
Yeah, he's like that when he's arguing with someone he sees wrong and bullshitting, but he's pretty convincing and does it as scum too. :sigh:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm @ColinIsCool the only thing I don't get is why you brought the nightkill into it when we were barely halfway into the day phase?
I straight up don't understand this question any time anybody's asked it. Because the things you do in the day phase affect how the mafia perceives you and if you get nightkilled on day 1, you don't live to day 2, and you can't contribute useful information/win the game? Is there a difference in fundamental game mechanics between this site and everywhere else in the universe Mafia is played that I'm not getting?
Because he still has ~24 hours to talk about why he asked his question and what he felt like he learned. He doesn't want to do so before everybody has responded because that skews what responses he gets.

Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"

Did those last players respond honestly or because they knew what he waa looking for?
I guess I just don't see how those posts are going to be useful if the only thing that's happened is the lynch (I don't see how they're useful in the first place), and how when asking, I am hand-waved and given that "damn good reason" nonsense (which none of you seem to agree with, so, whateva)
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

I think they’re both town as well, and only read that as suspicious in itself because the rest of her post history has enough red flags to make it so.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We just lynched scum in Buffy a few days ago because multiple people felt that Illyria was bad for different reasons... I feel like nuttelex is the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm have i convinced you, baby? *bats eyelashes*
I'm thinking it over. I remain baffled, and I am also trying to separate general confusion from suspicion. The suspicion of him you did support is quite like Epignosis's suspicion. What is your read on Colin overall?
I feel like his last post was emotional and sincere, and genuinely frustrated with you. (I know what it feels like to be at the wrong end of the stick with you).

the argument progression from scolding Epi's methods for being dangerous to town, and then calling him scum is suspicious, sure, but I will not be lynching him Day 1. I refuse to lynch any first timers I invited on Day 1. He deserves a chance to adapt after being thrown into such a huge game with so many new rules and faces.
THAT is player salad.

"I'm not lynching half the people in this game."

I get the sentiment, but if a new RYM person is the Don, then you are protecting that person. And this is an easy way to do it.

Fuck that. New people get no special treatment here because they make up half the field.
shrug. that's your decision. If we didn't have any other suspects, I might have looked into other leads, but since there's 5 scum, and I do have other suspects, I'm not lynching Colin Day 1 to please your whims. Like you said to someone else, this is a 24 player game, forget my vote and try to convince the other 21 to vote alongside you. ;)
My decision is I might be lynching YOU. Your 300+ posts be damned.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"

come onnnnn, enough with the hyperbole. there's a lot of grey area than just black and white. One extreme is not another extreme. There's a lot of answers in between, is what Colin is trying to say, that don't make him look like he's plotting the Mafia's downfall one name at a time.
Did you mean to quote me here? I honestly have no idea how what you said connects to what I said.
I did.

The answer to "Hey Epi, why did you ask this?", doesn't have to be the exact reason and it doesn't have to be "I can't tell you or scum will see and then my great masterplan to take them out one by one would be ruined..." implying something of great magnitude, similar to someone who has a cop role and outs himself as the town cop Day 1. Like, why would you do that? I believe that was Colin's initial point against Epi (but he added some weird stuff to his argument which I'll ignore now because we're discussing this 1 point).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like dunya is civ. Given that I question that anyone who knows her play would be the don because she is freaky good at finding bads so you take her as much to protect yourself as anything.

I don't think any RYMers are the don. Given that I feel there would naturally be fewer RYMers on the mafia team unless the don chose a wifom team. Which would be smart and if so just ignore this dribble.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm My decision is I might be lynching YOU. Your 300+ posts be damned.
come at me :keys:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My one-off power is a lynch switch.

I fully intend on using that today. I am going to decide who gets lynched if I don't see a lynch poll that I like. Colin is probably going to die. dunya maybe. I am here to burn out like a firework on the fourth of July. And I am drunk. And I will be drunk tomorrow. And I do you know what drunks with fireworks do? It isn't pretty.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm @ColinIsCool the only thing I don't get is why you brought the nightkill into it when we were barely halfway into the day phase?
I straight up don't understand this question any time anybody's asked it. Because the things you do in the day phase affect how the mafia perceives you and if you get nightkilled on day 1, you don't live to day 2, and you can't contribute useful information/win the game? Is there a difference in fundamental game mechanics between this site and everywhere else in the universe Mafia is played that I'm not getting?
Because he still has ~24 hours to talk about why he asked his question and what he felt like he learned. He doesn't want to do so before everybody has responded because that skews what responses he gets.

Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"

I guess I just don't see how those posts are going to be useful if the only thing that's happened is the lynch (I don't see how they're useful in the first place), and how when asking, I am hand-waved and given that "damn good reason" nonsense (which none of you seem to agree with, so, whateva)
I'm not sure they're going to be useful either. But revealing the purpose behind asking the question invalidates the answers of anybody who responds after that point, right? It's not like Epi said he was never going to reveal the point, or only reveal it several days from now. Seems like he's trying to get as many players to answer as possible before he talks about it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm My decision is I might be lynching YOU. Your 300+ posts be damned.
Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm I don't do elaborate iso analyses like some other people, I just skim it and write out general impressions, maybe with one or two quotes, so it doesn't take very long :shrug:
I didn't feel that way reading your Dr. White iso today. It felt pretty comprehensive, though non-conclusive. Even after ISOing him, you refused to give a firm read on him, calling him decent overall, but leaving plenty of room to be swayed one way or the other, then asked Jimmy on what bad he saw in him. Opportunism.

Epi cases ColinIsCool, in great depth, amidst your downfall with RYMers and you take it as a lifeline to see what Epi has cooked up.

MacDougall mentions a possible RDW scumslip - you really jumped for that one. MacDougall claims it was a gag, and you back off.

WIFOM - I didn't go after Colin, because Colin is definitely town. TMI.

Voting for MacDougall when he was an easy lynch target being on holiday and all, then quickly following Long Con on the Shaman whom you drafted (which is still a question mark for me) makes two bad vote lynch decisions that look really opportunistic for you.

reeks of opportunism on all fronts this phase.
FWIW I think this is a pretty strong case.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm My one-off power is a lynch switch.

I fully intend on using that today. I am going to decide who gets lynched if I don't see a lynch poll that I like. Colin is probably going to die. dunya maybe. I am here to burn out like a firework on the fourth of July. And I am drunk. And I will be drunk tomorrow. And I do you know what drunks with fireworks do? It isn't pretty.
Well, when I come up as town it's not gonna look too great for you and I hope my team reacts accordingly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you lynch switch to dunya I will use my lynch switch to switch to you
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what do the votes look like? I haven't seen them in a while. someone else do them pls.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll do the tally. Y'all don't do the tally.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 pm I believe that was Colin's initial point against Epi (but he added some weird stuff to his argument which I'll ignore now because we're discussing this 1 point).
Anything I can address? I understand that maybe I'm not being as clear as I think I am.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 pm

I did.

The answer to "Hey Epi, why did you ask this?", doesn't have to be the exact reason and it doesn't have to be "I can't tell you or scum will see and then my great masterplan to take them out one by one would be ruined..." implying something of great magnitude, similar to someone who has a cop role and outs himself as the town cop Day 1. Like, why would you do that? I believe that was Colin's initial point against Epi (but he added some weird stuff to his argument which I'll ignore now because we're discussing this 1 point).
I still don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry. I'm getting the feeling Colin doesn't have a lot of experience with gambits so I was trying to explain them?

Wait are you saying Epi could have answered Colin's question better? How?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

And also how does that relate to the suspicions of colin?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 pm

It you lynch switch Epi's switch away from Dunya using your lynch switch to switch Epi, I'll use my lynch switch to switch the lynch onto you.....oh wait I don't have a lynch switch :sigh:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm Y'all, this condescending stuff is not gonna fly, I don't need to be in this game.

I don't see what I'm not communicating here. It is really, really strange for a townie, no matter the phase, to come into the thread and advertise themselves alone as a threat to the mafia. If you really think you have an ace in the hole or a way to get a leg up, you want to disguise it innocuously. You don't want to say stuff like "if the Mafia knew what I was doing, they'd try to stop me." Well, now they know they have a good reason to try to stop you either way, so it's USELESS.
I don't intend to be condescending, so please don't take offense. I simply don't believe the argument you're putting forth here.

1.) Epignosis has a zero percent chance of being night killed on Day 1, so that we're talking about this at all is already goofy.

2.) Where is this brazen advertisement of being an imminent threat? Epignosis said he isn't going to tell you what he intends with his exercise because it would render the exercise pointless. Maybe it even is pointless. You haven't given it a chance though. Before it has ever developed, barely halfway into the day phase, you have discarded it as nothing. Why not give Epignosis time to do whatever he's doing before you make that decision? Maybe it's an hour to EOD and he still hasn't done shit. Then you can make this case more validly. It isn't that hard to fathom why this exercise might have value. First and foremost, what is the core source of this current dialogue? It's right in front of your face.

3.) The entire premise that a civilian inherently must play timidly to avoid night kills flies in the face of common sense. If you're an alignment cop, sure, be careful. Otherwise who gives a damn? The objective of this game is not to survive. It is to lynch mafia.
1) I don't understand why you think I'm worried about that. I know that doesn't happen. But what might happen if I came into this thread and said, "hey, I have a great idea to take down the mafia, but the mafia can't know about it." I'd probably be a target for the following night phase. Why not lay a little lower?
When the plan requires the participation of everyone else, how do you accomplish that while being quiet about it?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

:cloud9:

are you still feeling guilty for the MK mislynch you and JJJ caused?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 pm

I did.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry. I'm getting the feeling Colin doesn't have a lot of experience with gambits so I was trying to explain them?

How were you trying to explain gambits?? :confused2:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I sometimes get tinfoily on dunya and haven't been right in a long time if ever so I am just going to assume she is a civ. Epi will appreciate the logic.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 pm

:cloud9:

are you still feeling guilty for the MK mislynch you and JJJ caused?
Yeah
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 pm

I did.

How were you trying to explain gambits?? :confused2:
With my super awesome fake gambit example?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm Y'all, this condescending stuff is not gonna fly, I don't need to be in this game.

I don't see what I'm not communicating here. It is really, really strange for a townie, no matter the phase, to come into the thread and advertise themselves alone as a threat to the mafia. If you really think you have an ace in the hole or a way to get a leg up, you want to disguise it innocuously. You don't want to say stuff like "if the Mafia knew what I was doing, they'd try to stop me." Well, now they know they have a good reason to try to stop you either way, so it's USELESS.
I don't intend to be condescending, so please don't take offense. I simply don't believe the argument you're putting forth here.

1.) Epignosis has a zero percent chance of being night killed on Day 1, so that we're talking about this at all is already goofy.

2.) Where is this brazen advertisement of being an imminent threat? Epignosis said he isn't going to tell you what he intends with his exercise because it would render the exercise pointless. Maybe it even is pointless. You haven't given it a chance though. Before it has ever developed, barely halfway into the day phase, you have discarded it as nothing. Why not give Epignosis time to do whatever he's doing before you make that decision? Maybe it's an hour to EOD and he still hasn't done shit. Then you can make this case more validly. It isn't that hard to fathom why this exercise might have value. First and foremost, what is the core source of this current dialogue? It's right in front of your face.

3.) The entire premise that a civilian inherently must play timidly to avoid night kills flies in the face of common sense. If you're an alignment cop, sure, be careful. Otherwise who gives a damn? The objective of this game is not to survive. It is to lynch mafia.
1) I don't understand why you think I'm worried about that. I know that doesn't happen. But what might happen if I came into this thread and said, "hey, I have a great idea to take down the mafia, but the mafia can't know about it." I'd probably be a target for the following night phase. Why not lay a little lower?
When the plan requires the participation of everyone else, how do you accomplish that while being quiet about it?
I feel like I've made this point three or four times. I think dunya made it too. You say something, literally anything other than "I've got a damn good reason for nobody to know" for reasons that I explain ... in the part of my post you are quoting.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 pm I sometimes get tinfoily on dunya and haven't been right in a long time if ever so I am just going to assume she is a civ. Epi will appreciate the logic.
He is drunk and pissed off that I'm not agreeing to lynch Colin at his whim, because King Epi gets what King Epi demands. :meany: This is me giving a shit about Epi and his lynch threats: :keys:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm

I feel like I've made this point three or four times. I think dunya made it too. You say something, literally anything other than "I've got a damn good reason for nobody to know" for reasons that I explain ... in the part of my post you are quoting.
Say something like what?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Do y'all even read the thread or what. Let me go quote myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Why?
You've auto-cleared her. She is the subject of tinfoil no matter what. I think that's bullshit.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
What is this and why should I give a shit?

No it fucking isn't. :huh:

Horseshit. colonialbob made posts and I made a read. You know what you did in response? Made a read. You made a read that you are presently calling "very sus". That's strong language. How can you have such a strong read so early? :rolleyes:

I "keep trying to use it as a means" so hard that I said it one time. Fake.

We could be scumbuddies. I could be buddying a civilian for credit. I can't be town myself. Garbage.

There is nothing blatant about the meaning of "interesting" in a "read" being made in a Mafia game.

You're freaking the fuck out and spewing trash. Die.
This gave me flashbacks to when 3J and I went head to head in Red vs Blue...both times. This ass is town.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 pm You have asked me or wondered aloud now three times about what I am doing. I haven't answered you. There's a damn good reason for that. Were I to answer, the mafia now know what I am doing. Thanks, but no thanks.
I mean, why say this? Whether they know what you're doing or not, you are advertising yourself as a threat to them, saying that it's their best interests to stop you from figuring this stuff out. Why would a townie be so confident they wouldn't be nightkilled for that sentence alone?
No thanks. You're telling me that Epignosis should be broadcasting his intentions, whatever they may be, thus neutralizing their potential, all so he can avoid a night kill which is by the numbers already unlikely?

I hate this reasoning.
No. He could say something like, "I think it'd be useful to see what people say." Or he could say "There might be patterns in who's picked." If he has a real strategy here that needs time to pan out, he shouldn't be daring the Mafia to kill him for it by saying he has a "damn good reason" to hide his intentions.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Well, when I come up as town it's not gonna look too great for you and I hope my team reacts accordingly.
I don't care how I look however you come up.

You have a limited time to talk about how you're going to win.

If you don't convince me, you die. Got it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Auto cleared =/= cleared for in thread contributions of huge proportions that are aligned with her town meta Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Deal.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm
Why?
You've auto-cleared her. She is the subject of tinfoil no matter what. I think that's bullshit.
so your reason for wanting to lynch me is because Jay defends me.

:keys:

I know you're jelly of our special relationship Epi, but I can share Jay with you too. :bighug:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 pm I also keep meaning to ask what tinfoiling is?
"tinfoil" is generally used to describe suspicion one has of a player who is generally trusted, or a back-of-mind fear about someone's motives
Quinfoil is also a suitable alternative.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 pm I also keep meaning to ask what tinfoiling is?
"tinfoil" is generally used to describe suspicion one has of a player who is generally trusted, or a back-of-mind fear about someone's motives
Quinfoil is also a suitable alternative.
Guinfoil, as it's now known.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Man, I am not playing that game. You haven't come up with one good reason for why I should be lynched, just a blatant misreading of what I said. I don't owe you shit and if you kill me all you'll do is demonstrate exactly how unhelpful you are to the town.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm

At this point, you are going to be lynched. I don't give a shit what you think about my plan.

Name four suspects if you can't name four hypothetical teammates.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hey Quin, I'm still waiting on your 3 contributions.

I feel like a teacher who found a slacking student in the hallway.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm
Why?
so your reason for wanting to lynch me is because Jay defends me.

:keys:

I know you're jelly of our special relationship Epi, but I can share Jay with you too. :bighug:
You are overusing the keys smiley. That strikes me as a bad tell for you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm hey Quin, I'm still waiting on your 3 contributions.

I feel like a teacher who found a slacking student in the hallway.
Keep waiting. I'm home schooled.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:06 pm Man, I am not playing that game. You haven't come up with one good reason for why I should be lynched, just a blatant misreading of what I said. I don't owe you shit and if you kill me all you'll do is demonstrate exactly how unhelpful you are to the town.
I'm not blatantly misreading what you said, I just don't think it makes much sense.

Return to “Previous Jobs”