Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 pm Let's lynch JJJ and dunya.

How many lynch switches do you have?
I laughed hard at this gif. Hahahahah
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 amNo. It doesn't bother me at all.
Why?
I already explained this.

I am going to lynch somebody myself. All by myself.

Your votes don't count.
I also don't really think this thing where you take control of the entire lynch is a good idea. Regardless of whether you have good ideas about who should be lynched, and regardless of whether you're even telling the truth about having a lynch switch at all, claiming that you do risks stifles discussion. If people believe their votes don't matter then they'll spend less time talking about who they're going to vote for and who they suspect. I don't see what the positive is supposed to be.
This is accurate. Discussion today has been halted by Epi going after Dunya and JJJ. There isn't much room of discussion outside of that unless someone wants to try to convince Epi that he's wrong.
But Epi could be making all of this up.
If everything Epi has said is a lie, then as it stands Nutella would get lynched. I don't like that outcome but I don't have a better one. I'll make the inevitable late day 1 argument: anyone wanna lynch rabbit? Seems pretty quiet.
Why rabbit and not lapluie? She's even more suss than someone who's not been online at all. She was posting in numerous other threads yesterday and not here (by yesterday, I mean day before yesterday...this day has lasted forever thanks to the draft).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: There isn't much room of discussion outside of that unless someone wants to try to convince Epi that he's wrong.
Do you think he's wrong?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am rundontwalk
JaggedJimmyJay
dunya

MacDougall
sprityo
gwilikers6
Kylemii
colonialbob

Epignosis
Dragon D. Luffy
Marmot

Dr. White
ColinIsCool
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime

rabbit8
Iron_Dwarf

Kenway
Kites
Quin

lapluie
DrWilgy
For someone who put Epi/Colin in the civ/civ pile, Colin sure is thrown down under Epi for strategic reasons, isn't he? Easier to lynch for you?

Tell me more about kites and what you think of kites. Is this your first ever mention of him, to put him so low on your rainbow. Explain.

Why do you think lap and Wilgy are more likely to be scum than anyone else?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am Reading from my role, I become a she if I become a Mage Knight?

Anyway, can't wait to get my secret powers. I bet I'll be able to zap people with impunity.
Do you mean you can't wait to be promoted? I don't think you're getting a secret role if you didn't get one with your backstory already.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: There isn't much room of discussion outside of that unless someone wants to try to convince Epi that he's wrong.
Do you think he's wrong?
I messed up this quote so let me tag you [metion]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I fail drastically at mobile posting. :blush:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Actually, now I find it hard to believe Epi has a lynch switch. That's way overpowered considering everyone else's more passive secret roles (and Kenway doesn't even have anything at all). Yeah, calling BS.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am
Do you think he's wrong?
I messed up this quote so let me tag you

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 am :grin:
:suspish: at least you were doing your job.

What's your read on me, uncute mouse?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am
Quin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm I like Dr.White because I've never seen him before and he's telling everyone to get out of his way and DDL for getting stuck in before and more than anybody else despite the nature of the draft. There's nobody I dislike.
Sorry, what are you talking about? You mean when I took a while to give someone a role because I hadnt read the rules?
When I think about early content the first "real" contributors I recall are you and rdw. I don't know where the latter is now, but you stand out as wanting to get things done.
I think he misunderstood "getting stuck in"
This. My vocabulary doesn't get that far, or at least I think stuck means somerhing else.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am
Quin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm I like Dr.White because I've never seen him before and he's telling everyone to get out of his way and DDL for getting stuck in before and more than anybody else despite the nature of the draft. There's nobody I dislike.
Sorry, what are you talking about? You mean when I took a while to give someone a role because I hadnt read the rules?
When I think about early content the first "real" contributors I recall are you and rdw. I don't know where the latter is now, but you stand out as wanting to get things done.
I think he misunderstood "getting stuck in"
This. My vocabulary doesn't get that far, or at least I think stuck means somerhing else.
I also don't understand the expression of "getting stuck in" to mean something good. Does he mean getting sucked in?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am rundontwalk
JaggedJimmyJay
dunya

MacDougall
sprityo
gwilikers6
Kylemii
colonialbob

Epignosis
Dragon D. Luffy
Marmot

Dr. White
ColinIsCool
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime

rabbit8
Iron_Dwarf

Kenway
Kites
Quin

lapluie
DrWilgy
I'd also like to learn why sprityo is so high up your list. Your only mention of him was in a side passing civ cred for something Dr. White suspected sprityo off and you awarded him town points for it. Is that the extent of it? Your 5th most trusted townie because of that?

actually, forget sprityo, why the hell do you town read ME and have me as your 3rd strongest civ read? You haven't mentioned me even once in civ light. Literally, nothing. Nada. I just ISOd you and ctrl+f'd my name and read every mention of me you made and every cross reference and reply. And you had ample opportunity to come to my defences yesterday. You avoided the Epi/dunya/JJJ drama beautifully, even though you were around and posting other things. You were quick to jump on my Quin line of questioning in possible buddying and agreement, but otherwise, you've kept interactions with me strictly mechanic-related at general question, defending yourself, or about other people and never about me. This is gross. I'm grossed out. Explain immediately.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Having a go. Having a crack. Diving in head first. Getting stuck in. Same meanings.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

when you type off instead of of and of instead of off and you can't edit that shit. rip dunya.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why the fuck is Epi getting away with refusing to analyse nutella in any way?

Me no likey.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pmwhy dr wilgy?
He's MIA, I haven't even seen the usual zany shit from him since the draft (he hasn't posted at all since the actual day started). Laying that low, combined with the set of roles he requested, put him at a pretty bad spot for me atm.
didn't you also ask for the wyvern though?
yeah, I asked for wyvern or pegasus for mostly flavory reasons, though like it would have been cool to get the vig but I totally don't blame DDL for giving me the weaker of the ones I asked for, as I probably would have done for Wilgy had Tony not come along with a more straightforward request
I didn't notice you were asking for others tbh.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am Why the fuck is Epi getting away with refusing to analyse nutella in any way?

Me no likey.
I started a post about Epi/nutella being w/w and how his blatant refusal at discussing her was a grand case of WIFOM but I decided because Epi is so unhelpful and arrogant, I am instead going to ignore him completely this rest of the day phase until he stops acting like a chicken shit and does shit. Because discrediting him is his greatest torture. :feb:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 am
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pmwhy dr wilgy?
He's MIA, I haven't even seen the usual zany shit from him since the draft (he hasn't posted at all since the actual day started). Laying that low, combined with the set of roles he requested, put him at a pretty bad spot for me atm.
didn't you also ask for the wyvern though?
yeah, I asked for wyvern or pegasus for mostly flavory reasons, though like it would have been cool to get the vig but I totally don't blame DDL for giving me the weaker of the ones I asked for, as I probably would have done for Wilgy had Tony not come along with a more straightforward request
I didn't notice you were asking for others tbh.
Asking for Wyvern does not make someone immediately scum, and I wouldn't use that particular case to call nutella scum, or even enhance my case against her (even though she is scum). I asked for it too at one point, because I realized how strong it is and I would rather know it was with me and town than whoever else I didn't know. But I know my abilities, a more laid back scumhunting role would be better applied by me, whereas vigging people would be someone else's #ballstothewall ability. I wouldn't have been upset if I had gotten the role, because at least I would be certain the scum team don't have a 75% chance of an extra kill every day.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm on Page 34 and I hate the discussion about Epi's exercise. Hate it hate it hate it.

Can you guys be just a little patient and let him finish it so we can judge whether the results are good or not? If they are not you can vote for him all you want. But voting him now because you can't see the usefulness of something that has been advertized as having a hidden goal is moronic. Voting for him because he is risking being night killed is triple moronic. For all I know this exercise could end in day 1, when every active player answers it. Or he could be night killed, but then that means he was... a civ?

You don't lynch someone to prevent mafia from killing them, that's almost as bad as the idea that a civ has to resign themselves to get lynched.

If Epi is a wagon I will make whatever vote is necessary to prevent him from being lynched. Because right now my curiosity wants me to know how this exercise ends.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

For the record, I think Colin is a civ, and I have Epi as a neutral read. But I want Epi alive for as long as his exercise thing is going.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 am For the record, I think Colin is a civ, and I have Epi as a neutral read. But I want Epi alive for as long as his exercise thing is going.
#motive for the never ending Day 1 exercise. XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Where were you guys when Epi made us all change our votes to randoms including himself all for nothing? Good time.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm hmm I disagree with Colin's perspective here but I don't necessarily find him suspicious for it. It might partially be a culture thing, idk. I think he genuinely believes in his reasoning and I think epi/colin are civ/civ
Yeah this is the most likely which makes me hate this argument more.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:20 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 am For the record, I think Colin is a civ, and I have Epi as a neutral read. But I want Epi alive for as long as his exercise thing is going.
I mean we can lynch him if we get to say, Day 4 and the thing is not over but I think baddie Epi is smart enough not to attempt stalling like this.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Besides the chance of him being NK'd becomes huge if it takes that long.

This is obviously meant to be a short thing.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm@sprityo you're the only player who got to choose their own role, what made you decide to choose cleric?
i wanted to spite marmot for no reason other than to be a dick
real answer?
YEa
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 am Where were you guys when Epi made us all change our votes to randoms including himself all for nothing? Good time.
what do you mean made you? Did his role stipulate that he could force you to change your votes to random? Was he civ? Was it another "exercise" of his? so many questions, such curiosity.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 am
I mean we can lynch him if we get to say, Day 4 and the thing is not over but I think baddie Epi is smart enough not to attempt stalling like this.
so just to be clear, you don't civ read Epi, but you want us to keep him alive till Day 4 anyway for the intent of completing his exercise which you don't know anything about. Correct? I mean, I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, it scares me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Folks a have a question.

Who the hell is Skyler?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 am Folks a have a question.

Who the hell is Skyler?
[mention]rundontwalk[/mention]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 am
so just to be clear, you don't civ read Epi, but you want us to keep him alive till Day 4 anyway for the intent of completing his exercise which you don't know anything about. Correct? I mean, I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, it scares me.
I want to keep him alive until day 2 because I think this thing is short and rushing to lynch him now is stupid.

The "day 4" thing was just an example.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 am Where were you guys when Epi made us all change our votes to randoms including himself all for nothing? Good time.
what do you mean made you? Did his role stipulate that he could force you to change your votes to random? Was he civ? Was it another "exercise" of his? so many questions, such curiosity.
No he just had lots of town cred and told us that it was important. Everyone just went along with it. Was a great laff.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 am Folks a have a question.

Who the hell is Skyler?
My dad.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 pm
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm epignosis - His behavior feels a bit off
Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

What are the degrees of offness?

What behavior would be "on?"
From the start it seems you were mainly fishing for others to step up and talk. This makes you harder to read.

Then you went after Colin, but my read on him is that he's town. And now you've changed gear.

You also are doing this gambit with your misdirect power. If you indeed have it, why use it on day 1 when cases generally speaking are based on less solid foundations than later in the game? It feels like a waste.

You are also quite silent about nutella, who at the moment is the one most likely to be lynched.

I don't really know what your end game is with all these actions. Feels like sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 am
I want to keep him alive until day 2 because I think this thing is short and rushing to lynch him now is stupid.

The "day 4" thing was just an example.
He's not getting lynched today so rest easy.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 am I'm on Page 34 and I hate the discussion about Epi's exercise. Hate it hate it hate it.

Can you guys be just a little patient and let him finish it so we can judge whether the results are good or not? If they are not you can vote for him all you want. But voting him now because you can't see the usefulness of something that has been advertized as having a hidden goal is moronic. Voting for him because he is risking being night killed is triple moronic. For all I know this exercise could end in day 1, when every active player answers it. Or he could be night killed, but then that means he was... a civ?

You don't lynch someone to prevent mafia from killing them, that's almost as bad as the idea that a civ has to resign themselves to get lynched.

If Epi is a wagon I will make whatever vote is necessary to prevent him from being lynched. Because right now my curiosity wants me to know how this exercise ends.
Epi's gambit just feels like unnecessary risk to me. Why are you so adamant on continuing with it? Just because you are curious?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 am
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm epignosis - His behavior feels a bit off
Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

I don't really know what your end game is with all these actions. Feels like sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Welcome to Epi101.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm holy fuck can you guys stop posting for 20 seconds?
Pot, meet keetle.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Dragon D. Luffy is still on my personal list of suspect people. But I will UNVOTE DRAGON D. LUFFY.

Epignosis is playing this strange game with us and awfully silent about the nr. 1 in votes. And insisting on a changing list of people he wants to lynch instead, while there is no momentum around either of those.

Therefore:

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 am I'm on Page 34 and I hate the discussion about Epi's exercise. Hate it hate it hate it.

Epi's gambit just feels like unnecessary risk to me. Why are you so adamant on continuing with it? Just because you are curious?
Risk?

What does it risk?
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 am
Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

Welcome to Epi101.
That may be, but the point still stands.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 am
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 am

Risk?

What does it risk?
Throwing away a really powerful ability on day 1 when we do not have any conclusive reads.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

From the start it seems you were mainly fishing for others to step up and talk. This makes you harder to read.

Then you went after Colin, but my read on him is that he's town. And now you've changed gear.

You also are doing this gambit with your misdirect power. If you indeed have it, why use it on day 1 when cases generally speaking are based on less solid foundations than later in the game? It feels like a waste.

You are also quite silent about nutella, who at the moment is the one most likely to be lynched.

I like this a lot. Iron_Dwarf came in with basic scum reads which don't look much on first glance:
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm Random tidbits about people. If people want me to elaborate on some, please say so.

MacDougall - Feels shady, but he had the problem of being away on vacation so may not have the time to properly explain himself
Dragon D Luffy - Feels shady, like throwing bits around and see what sticks
rabbit 8 - He is quiet and didn't have a valid excuse to be so
epignosis - His behavior feels a bit off
Long Con - Feels like he's flipflopping a bit on his reads
rundontwalk - #ballstothewall

As much as day 1 is the traditional crapshoot, I will go with voting Dragon D Luffy for now.

VOTE DRAGON D LUFFY
6 calls for shadiness. Not 1 civ cred. Not 5 scum names. 6. That is relevant to me.

Iron_Dwarf was prodded by Epi, Iron_Dwarf bites back without flinching. Cowards hide, civs don't got nuthin' to hide. I'm curious about your rundontwalk read and what it means and how you're applying #ballstothewall. I'm assuming it's in negative light, if the gist of your list is anything to go by so walk me through it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 am
Off from what?

And how is it a bit off?

Welcome to Epi101.
:haha: contender for best quote 2018.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm Dragon D Luffy - Feels shady, like throwing bits around and see what sticks
I remember my first game in the Syndicate, back in early 2015, where one of my first posts was explaining how my MO was throwing bits around and seeing what sticks.

That's literally DDL 101.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Did Epi say he was going to reveal the purpose of his exercise before the lunch or did I imagine that.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Autocorrect lynch to lunch is going to kill me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

gwilikers6 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am Did Epi say he was going to reveal the purpose of his exercise before the lunch or did I imagine that.
Lunch? It's not 7am yet! :p

He did say it:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 am I'll talk about the survey tomorrow before the lynch.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 am
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm Random tidbits about people. If people want me to elaborate on some, please say so.

MacDougall - Feels shady, but he had the problem of being away on vacation so may not have the time to properly explain himself
Dragon D Luffy - Feels shady, like throwing bits around and see what sticks
rabbit 8 - He is quiet and didn't have a valid excuse to be so
epignosis - His behavior feels a bit off
Long Con - Feels like he's flipflopping a bit on his reads
rundontwalk - #ballstothewall

As much as day 1 is the traditional crapshoot, I will go with voting Dragon D Luffy for now.

VOTE DRAGON D LUFFY
6 calls for shadiness. Not 1 civ cred. Not 5 scum names. 6. That is relevant to me.

Iron_Dwarf was prodded by Epi, Iron_Dwarf bites back without flinching. Cowards hide, civs don't got nuthin' to hide. I'm curious about your rundontwalk read and what it means and how you're applying #ballstothewall. I'm assuming it's in negative light, if the gist of your list is anything to go by so walk me through it.
Sorry to disappoint you and maybe I had to be clearer, but the rdw read was meant as a joke as he's the one who's using that hashtag all the time. :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”