Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

for all the back and forth Dr. White was involved in, I'm really surprised he didn't place a vote on anyone he called suss yesterday.

Quin was around, posting fluff and not contributing.

--

Mafia are more likely to vote because they need to appear to be leveling up every phase. I can't argue that rabbit and lap aren't scum since they're MIA completely, but I'd wonder if sprityo, Quin and Dr. White understood how leveling up occurs.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

On page 35, in what appears to be an Epi/RDW/Colin/Mac/Nutella discourse
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I lost my train of thought:

Mafia are more likely to vote because they need to appear to be leveling up every phase. Civs are more likely to vote because they want to level up.

Where does that leave people who were around and didn't vote?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm Dr. White, lapluie, Quin, rabbit8, sprityo - DID NOT LEVEL UP DAY 1

remember guys, if you want to level up Night 1, you have to submit your actions within 12 hours of night commencing!
AH FUCK
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, if Rico is trying to recruit me, he better have many chests of gold ready at my disposal.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

FWIW, Epi after the D1 no lynch in Mountain Mafia:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am Outside of lynching mafia, that was the best possible Day 1 outcome one could hope for.
He was town (and didn't cause that one).
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

idt i want to commit to joining an army yet, id rather not box myself in. its not too late for me to go to mage technical school and learn a mage trade, or get a job in mage retail and work hard towards becoming a mage manager.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm Am I supposed to believe that Epi is a doctor, has the power to completely misdirect a lynch, and has some sort of backstory feature that makes the hypothetical scum team plot meaningful? Cuz I don’t.
I feel like I’m gonna find out the answer to this soon
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m halfway through these 20 pages and I want to end all of your lives and my own for having to read so much
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am Ok my problem with this game is that I have a surplus of civ reads and basically zero confident bad reads.

Jay, Dunya, Colin, RDW and Marmot are all strong civ in my book.

The rest is a huge list of neutral people, included everyone I've voted for so far.

Yeah maybe I'm being a pussy.

I kind of get the appeal of the Nutella lynch but I'm seeing a big, glowing sign with the words DEJAVU in it so I don't feel confortable about lynching her. I think Nutella is one of these people who are just naturally scummy. It's a fact of life, Nutella is always bad until she flips good, or until she is cleared by abilities like in Mountain. I'd rather take my time with her.

But I need to vote, and I don't feel confortable with voting sprityo after he gave me a good reason for his weird vote, so I will [VOTE: Kenway] aubergine

Why? Because he is blending like a boss that's why. His post count is just high enough not to get labelled inactive but he hasn't said anything remarkable all day. Hasn't gotten in any big arguments. His vote on TSP is very low key and doesn't bring big cases.

Wouldn't be the first or the tenth time I see a civ playing like that. But wouldn't be the 50th time I see a baddie playing like that. I feel satisfied with this vote.

I can’t recall what I said and I don’t think it was anything that significant
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:18 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am Reading from my role, I become a she if I become a Mage Knight?

Anyway, can't wait to get my secret powers. I bet I'll be able to zap people with impunity.
Do you mean you can't wait to be promoted? I don't think you're getting a secret role if you didn't get one with your backstory already.
Yep, can't wait to get promoted to being a Mage Knight, though I'm not sure how that'll take place or if I'll even have a choice about the role I get promoted to.
you have to survive 5 phases so promotion starts Day 6. You have to vote every day phase and send your night actions in within 12 hours of night starting, I believe (not sure on time, something like that though, I'd have to check JOH's posts) to level up each day/night. After 5 days and 5 nights, you are eligible for promotion and you can choose it.
Sorry for not reading, and thanks! I've picked up very bad habits playing Mafia on mobile, worst of them probably me scrolling a bit too much. Also doesn't help I played on MafiaScum, that place was pretty bad. Thanks again! :)

By the way, with all the powers in play, I kinda have a feeling this game might be quite short.
MafiaScum is horrible ain't it. I played a few games there after starting on RYM and they were freaking ruthless to me. Everything I said was met with ferocious rebuttal. Their meta is so ingrained they can't see any other way to approach the game. And the belittlement! Yikes. I played on Something Awful a bit too and it was as bad. I did and do still prefer hammer voting though.
HAMMER TIME

I miss those games too. I'm pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, a hammer game is anti-town, but I like the speed and it makes last minute complete vote changes and mislynches harder to construct (which is something that exists on the syndicate).

you should’ve played the critically acclaimed Phenon Mafia :keys:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm can anyone who is currently in any army say whether their lives in general have been improved by the experience? not how, just if.
Rico grades our performance thus far as a light 6.

(It has made no difference to me)
6/5.

Impressive.
Together Rico's army has outposted dunya.

Rico is impressed. All members are promoted.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Kenway »

So are sig and laplieu scum? Reading the thief role, it says all scum are from the Badguyia nation. I say that's pretty laid of clearly.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm @Kenway what do you think about the argument for not voting TSP because of his shaman role?
I actually didn't account for his role when I voted him. Anyway, he's useful if he'll share his thoughts, regardless of his alignment. I say if he's being cagey, lynch him.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Laid out, not laid of. Sorry.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:33 pm I substantiated my Kenway vote back then. Have you done the same for yours? Because your vote on Epi was garbage but I didn't see anyone commenting on that.
I kind of debunked it. You can replace Kenway with Kites, sprityo...heck, even sig!
I like the tone of Sig's posts.

I had a beef with Sprityo but then he kind of explained his catch up post and the DDL vote thing which I didn't like. So now i'm giving him more time.

Besides the last time I suspected Sprityo on Day 1 he was good and only escaped lynch because he was replaced by a supatown dunya so I want to be more careful this time. :beer:
I’m good more often than not, I’m just really fucking bad at mafia

Not once have I ever heard someone say “Sprityo is definitely town” based solely off of my posting not relating to role mechanics and claims

Such is the way of life :shrug:

Time to continue reading this hellscape and why for some reason I’m green on the OP
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:39 pm despite everything i don't actually see epi's actions in aggregate as being mafia indicative.

for one thing, if he truly does have a lynch switch as his background power he'd have to know that it would probably come in handy more later on if a teammate came in danger, and he'd probably be pressured by teammates to not use it on the first day.

and if he's lying about the lynch switch for reactions or whatever, mafia epi would have to know that such a large bluff would give him attention.

counterpoint: point one obviously falls apart if nutella is his teammate, also a lynch switch seems a little strong compared to the other background powers that we've heard about, and would make sense thematically as a bonus for the troubador's promotion valkyrie because of the higher level 'rescue' staff. though maybe we've only heard about the weaker background abilities because the people with active ones have kept it more quiet? but then again, if epi and Nutella are mafia together epi would have motivation to specifically not refuse to read her, cus like.... this isn't his first rodeo. so nevermind actually. if there's something up between nutella and epi it's probably not this
Note myself later, this is the first instance in which I recognize Kyle as “doing something significant”
Banners:
ImageImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

Kenway is so town.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sprityo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pmNote myself later, this is the first instance in which I recognize Kyle as “doing something significant”
wow.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what makes that post anymore significant than anything I'd done before it, sprityo?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:50 pm NOOO Nutella no!

[VOTE: unvote quin] aubergine

[VOTE: quin] aubergine
Did you know that by doing this, you placed nutella in the lead instead of Quin at that point, despite trying to save her, because you renewed your vote on Quin? Why did you do that?
He didn't. That post was after votes locked.

Though LC may have not noticed that which makes me want to lynch Quin more.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m done and I’m gonna be sick

So no one knows why Mac-y Mac and the funky bunch are in their own little trio. Sounds cool.

What I took away from this is Dunya is my town pick.
I don’t see much of anyone disagreeing with that, as you can see I’ve already nominated her to join prince Rico.

JJJ and Dr_whites kerfuffel is town-town. With Jay being a ruthless killer. Outside of that I’m not sure much else to think of Dr_white.

Epi is town. Shame on you all for trying to lynch him.

Nutella is reminding me of ME mafia when she didn’t do much and lurked all around endgame and I didn’t nab her out of the dismissiveness in me. Never again.

RDW was a hot topic issue as I read but I can’t recall anyone saying he’s town, aside maybe in comparison to another high poster, similar situation to Dr_white

Sig has managed to skate by unnoticed but somewhat there. He had a couple of good posts if I remember correctly however, I don’t like him.

Marmot and DDL were absent a good chunk of my catchup but appeared later to add some good opinions, DDL more so with him catching up as well. Marmot kinda like posted some stuff, then came back later with a read wall of fireworks. So I mean :shrug: idk what to interpret it as. Overall I could stick these players as “mafia with high town interaction” so they’re not a town, but they’re not null

I should just group Colin, RDW, and Dr_white in a group cause they all at one point had their spotlight and then it moved on pretty quickly, even more so away from them entirely with epi and Nutella garnering more votes as the day wore on

I don’t like Quin for reasons that have been posted by the likes of Dunya. Essentially I expected to see more of quin since I regard him as a generally town appealing person in general. Perhaps it was just the ludicrous post count that obscured him?

I group Mac with DDL and Marmot, I felt more confident about him earlier but he had a similar effect on me over the course of the past 2 hours

Uhhhhhhhh. I saw TSP a few times, apparently people don’t like him either??? I didn’t take notice.

Probably the thing that stuck out to me most was the conversation revolving around Nutella and how people reacted to it. Also epi for some reason didn’t want to put forth a read, I’ll attribute it to him just being Epi

I think even more impressive was I was mentioned perhaps 5-6 times between page 33ish to end of day 1. Like dropped off the grid nothing but “oh hey he’s in a read wall” when arguably I had a kinda controversial claim that everyone just said “okay, we believe you”

Not to say I was lying, but the level of doubt I was expecting was a lot more intense in my head. I really don’t want to catch up like that again, just want to play video games in my down time so let’s not post 10 pages before 10 am tomorrow plz

Anyone not mentioned is more than likely null or Ive just forgotten about them
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:07 pm what makes that post anymore significant than anything I'd done before it, sprityo?
It caught my eye was all. I was like “hm, something I can think over in my mind, where was this earlier?”

Perhaps in relation to the mess of shit I had just read it appeared and was noticeable. Quite frankly I remember jack-squat about anything that had happened before I caught up besides what I myself had already said. And even that’s hazy
Banners:
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

gwilikers6 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 pm Kenway is so town.
People keep seeing this and I just don't see it.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oh right cbob I felt like I was forgetting someone.

Ehhh. Sorta town. Probably town
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 pm Kenway is so town.
People keep seeing this and I just don't see it.
from what i can tell townreading kenway seems to be as much of a meme as townreading glorfindel, maybe a little less.
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

Gwilly and TonyParker have a fascinating vote for who should join Team Rico
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

why did you do that?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

TonyParker, lol. tonyStarkPrime.

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] [mention]gwilikers6[/mention]

Why do you want Wyvern Rider to join Rico?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm why did you do that?
oh ok its because im not posting
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Also the suspicious vote might explain why [mention]gwilikers6[/mention] wondered aloud if votes were private
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

And if you'll allow me to get even more conspiratorial, gwilly's claimed role of I guess some kind of cop would be super easy to fake as scum for obvious reasons
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm for all the back and forth Dr. White was involved in, I'm really surprised he didn't place a vote on anyone he called suss yesterday.

--

Mafia are more likely to vote because they need to appear to be leveling up every phase. I can't argue that rabbit and lap aren't scum since they're MIA completely, but I'd wonder if sprityo, Quin and Dr. White understood how leveling up occurs.
hey dunya why are you lying right now? i had 2 fluff posts day 1 and one of them is about jaggedjimmyjays ass so it's still relevant.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm for all the back and forth Dr. White was involved in, I'm really surprised he didn't place a vote on anyone he called suss yesterday.

--

hey dunya why are you lying right now? i had 2 fluff posts day 1 and one of them is about jaggedjimmyjays ass so it's still relevant.
I hate to say you're right. And I am still waiting for my prize. :pout:
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Hmmmmmm [mention]dunya[/mention] [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]

Thoughts on gwilikers?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A few people have encountered my spat with Dr. White and discarded it as civilian-civilian. I am irked. He might be a civilian; you could be right. I want a more thorough discussion than that though. Too often do players have a tendency to see two players screaming at each other and just assume "meh, civ-civ". I'm going to reduce my concern to one primary factor:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
The first post is the "interesting" sandwich. Don't concern yourself with the specific word. Just read the content and then proceed to the highlighted material below.

Do you believe the following two things are true and fair?

1. Dr. White's meaning was obvious.

2. I should have known Dr. White's meaning.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 pm Hmmmmmm @dunya @JaggedJimmyJay

Thoughts on gwilikers?
I've found his tone to be agreeable and think he's doing an admirable job keeping pace in this insane game thread in foreign territory. I lean in the town direction. My read on you is pretty similar albeit not quite to the same degree.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Thoughts on gwilikers?
I've found his tone to be agreeable and think he's doing an admirable job keeping pace in this insane game thread in foreign territory. I lean in the town direction. My read on you is pretty similar albeit not quite to the same degree.
He's town because his tone is agreeable?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 pm A few people have encountered my spat with Dr. White and discarded it as civilian-civilian. I am irked. He might be a civilian; you could be right. I want a more thorough discussion than that though. Too often do players have a tendency to see two players screaming at each other and just assume "meh, civ-civ". I'm going to reduce my concern to one primary factor:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm That's complete and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it. You are clearly being super daft at the original quote, which you have been called out for by others. Saying the interaction between you two is "interesting" is very clear. It was very sus that you would so strongly town read someone THAT EARLY in D1, simply because he gave his own reads that weren't apart of the major town babble. You keep conflating this as if bob had 100 post in Day 1, and 36 hours had passed or something. It was extremely early and on questionable grounds that you gave him such a strong read.

This however does not force the conclusion that both or either of you are scum, which you keep trying to use as a means to sus me for not directly stating such. I am simply making my take on an interaction known. Yes you could be scum buddies, or you could be using him for town cred. I don't know yet, it is something to build upon in later interactions between you two and others in the thread. To quote your system "you lost a point there". Now what you're doing is like someone saying "what do you mean by that JJJ? Why don't you just come out and say I'm scum!".

The fact that you've latched on to me so strongly from this, keep questioning my blatant as hell meaning with the quote, and now are trying to push this narrative that I'm ducking you, is very, very suspect, and I honestly don't believe you are this daft.
The first post is the "interesting" sandwich. Don't concern yourself with the specific word. Just read the content and then proceed to the highlighted material below.

Do you believe the following two things are true and fair?

1. Dr. White's meaning was obvious.

2. I should have known Dr. White's meaning.
no and no

Question. Does RYM hate that word as much as you do?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Thoughts on gwilikers?
He's town because his tone is agreeable?
It is "agreeable" in that it sounds sincere. That's a good thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm no and no

I don't even hate the word. It's a meme from The Syndicate Past. :p

Bringing it up was the genesis of the interaction between he and I though, to my memory.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm Marmot, if I target you then all the goodies will happen to me instead. :grin:
You're permitted to not target me then. Or rundontwalk for that matter.

I expect every other player to target me though.

Why? Reasons will eventually become clear. :dark:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm no and no

I don't even hate the word. It's a meme from The Syndicate Past. :p

Bringing it up was the genesis of the interaction between he and I though, to my memory.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Did I peg you right already so you go for the linguistic call out? So sad.
No that can't be it, because you didn't "peg" me as anything. You called my behavior "interesting". Is that a read? What does that mean?
Interesting, meaning worthy of note. Adding that to the context of you strongly town reading someone off of one action this early in the game and I believe you got your answer J dog.
I still don't have an answer. I have vague implications. Is it suspicious to strongly town read someone of one action this early in the game? Talk straight, Doc.
Looking here, I'd say this is his answer. When I say things like "Here's an observation -" It's the same thing. I'm not trying to make a read of it, but it's something that can go in the back pocket to be evaluated later, or something I'm inviting others to read into.

The problem is that calling something "interesting" is too ambiguous.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm Marmot, if I target you then all the goodies will happen to me instead. :grin:

If I target you whatever you're doing will do the opposite of happen....
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i also abstain because i don't want to risk killing my precious marmot, but i do know why my precious marmot wanted to kill me.

same with long con.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Though on White, now I'm not so sure because his linguistic call out post infers he suspected 3J for that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

i also abstain because i don't want to risk killing my precious marmot, but i do want to know why my precious marmot wanted to kill me.

same with long con.
ebwop
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I also don't think I can really even target anyone who isn't on foot?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

dunya
JJJ
Epi
Mac
rdw

sprityo
JJJ
dunya
MM
Cbob

JJJ
random with tweaks (first answer)
(second answer:)
dunya
rdw
Quin
Epi

Cbob
random

Epi
dunya
JJJ
LC
nutella

DDL
Epi
LC
Quin
Colin

MM
lapluie
gwilikers
Tony
Dr. White

nutella
JJJ
Mac
dunya
Any rym

Kylemii
Quin
dunya OR JJJ
LC OR Epi OR nutella
Wilgy OR lapluie OR Any rym

Tony
dunya
Cbob
JJJ
random

Mac
gwilikers
rdw
dunya
Wilgy

Colin
random

sig
Wilgy
MM
rabbit
Mac

gwilikers
Unknown people

lapluie
MM

LC
Kylemii
nutella
Sloonei
lapluie

Dr. White
MM
random

Quin
DDL
dunya
Epi
LC OR rabbit

Kenway
dunya
Sloonei
Epi
Kylemii
JJJ OR Mac

Kites
dunya
gwilikers
Two non-rym

Iron Dwarf
dunya
rdw
JJJ
Mac

This is the number of times a player was mentioned. Decimals are owing to the fact that some people said one of a pair or trio, so that point was divided accordingly.

dunya 10.5
JJJ 7
Epi 5.3
Mac 5
rdw 4
Marmot 4
Quin 3
gwilikers 3
LC 2.8
nutella 2.3
lapluie 2.3
Wilgy 2.3
Cbob 2
Kylemii 2
Sloonei 2
rabbit 1.5
Colin 1
Tony 1
Dr. White 1
DDL 1

Iron_Dwarf 0
Kenway 0
Kites 0
sig 0
sprityo 0

1. A non-player (Sloonei) got more votes (two) than sig. Jesus, guy. :bighug: The same is true of Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kites, and spriyo. I am calling these people civilian until further notice.

2. The two highest voted people were nutella and Quin. nutella was 13% mentioned and Quin was 17% mentioned.

3. dunya and JJJ are at the top of the list. dunya has a whopping 10.5 mentions- the only double-digit pick. JJJ is second with 7 mentions. Rather than discuss the obvious implication here, I want to point out a different observation: Nobody voted for either of them except Wilgy. Over 58% of the respondents said they would recruit dunya...and none of them voted for her. Not one. And Wilgy didn't respond. Likewise, JJJ was in 39% of the lineups, but nobody at all voted for him. Why is that? Over half the field said they would recruit dunya. Over a third said they would recruit JJJ. That doesn't mean they were recruited, but the numbers implicate them at face value. That should not be ignored, nor should the two highest drafted people get to dismiss accusations against them as "tinfoil" just because they post a lot. I want this to be a point of discussion moving forward to a healthy extent: If you said you would draft dunya or JJJ, why don't you suspect either of them?

4. I'm a lock civilian.

5. I am not impressed by those who gave branching feedback. The "I-would-pick-him-or-her-or-him-but-not-all-three" sort. If you were the mafia leader, you would have to pick, not waffle. Those who did this specifically are Kylemii, Quin, and Kenway. Therefore Kenway gets removed from my list in the first point.

6. Speaking of Kenway, Kenway was the second person to name Sloonei as a person to draft. There was discussion that that was too evil to be truly evil. I don't agree. There was other discussion that Kenway tries to be as truthful as possible. Appearing blatantly ignorant is one way to accomplish that.

7. Colin was the main person to question all of this, and he got pretty peeved over everything. Getting upset doesn't move me, but context does, and from all of this I do not suspect Colin. I am unhappy that he shat on my exercise, but I respect a man who can stand his ground. He goes back to the neutral pile. What I mean is that I don't think he was deliberately trying to get me to expose myself prematurely.

8. Fuck rabbit.

9. I lied about my own picks (heh heh), but included them in this analysis anyway (heh heh). Why did I do that?

10. I found Marmot's list to be the least believable.

11. I found MacDougall's list to be the most believable.

12. Seriously, a non-player got more votes than sig. Jesus sig. :bighug:

People are going whine about "wine in front of me" and all that, but the fact is that most of the people who contributed to the survey are civilians.

So I don't care.

Votes:

[6] nutella - MacDougall, gwilikers6, dunya, ColinIsCool, rundontwalk, JaggedJimmyJay
[2] Epignosis - Kites, Iron_Dwarf
[6] Quin - Dragon D. Luffy, nutella, , colonialbob, Marmot, Kylemii, Long Con
[1] rabbit8 - sig
[1] ColinIsCool - Epignosis
[1] Kylemii - TonyStarkPrime
[1] TonyStarkPrime - Kenway
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i do suspect dunya. the argument that a civilian should be meeting a scum read quota is bad. i also suspect nutella for following through with that argument.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”