Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sig »

I'm saying it could be both, but is more likely to just be a TS oldie.

The mafia wouldn't want all three of you around, since that give the civs another strong civ killing role, if I was mafia I'd try to get a teammate one of those roles also. Out of all three of you, assuming you're all civs, it wouldn't make much sense to kill Rabbit since he's inactive.

Yes you and MM would be on the same team, but I wasn't being that serious with that scum slips rarely happen.

I pointed this out with the Buffy game, mafia started out by killing inactive players at night instead of active and potentially dangerous civs. The mafia team ended up having SVS and Eloh both on it, they're both TS vets. I've noticed this pattern in a few other games especially when I first joined, I could probably dig up older games to prove it, but I'm to busy atm. I'd just take note of it and maybe track/investigate people who're more likely to do this.

I could also see Mac suggesting it seeing how I used that logic in our last game, but that's a tin foil.

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Does the triangle attack keep working after the Pegasus Knights get promoted ?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm Long Con, I’m really not sure. I think that the scum are given fakeclaims anyway, though, and I have a hard time seeing why the host would information like that if it was that obvious. In general I’m definitely more inclined to vote based on behavior, and not by testing the mechanics.
Agreed that behaviour trumps mechanics - at least, as someone said, this early in the game.

And I get what you mean now... like, we're not townclearing Princess Epi and her two loyal succubi.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pmSo his insistence on being an easy lynch (the kind of thing that usually makes people want to lynch you more)
I don't agree with this. It didn't make me want to lynch him more... has that been a thing? I don't recall any drive to lynch sprityo, but y'all post a lot so maybe I just don't remember?
I'm not sure actually. I know Miller claims tend to justify lynches, but this is not exactly a miller claim. Maybe I jumped the gun with that vig request.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm I put 9 misdirectors in this game (that you know about) because I hate myself.
They are a pain to process, aren't they?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pmSo his insistence on being an easy lynch (the kind of thing that usually makes people want to lynch you more)
I don't agree with this. It didn't make me want to lynch him more... has that been a thing? I don't recall any drive to lynch sprityo, but y'all post a lot so maybe I just don't remember?
I'm not sure actually. I know Miller claims tend to justify lynches, but this is not exactly a miller claim. Maybe I jumped the gun with that vig request.
Maybe. It's a big logical factor in the whole thing. The "nice catch" exchange seems to assume that's the case. If sprityo isn't trying to get lynched, then he's not all that connected to the idea that The Ring might try to get lynched.

"Nice catch" is strong words. Be responsible.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm I put 9 misdirectors in this game (that you know about) because I hate myself.
They are a pain to process, aren't they?
This sounds just like my own experience in hosting,
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:19 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm Did nobody actually target me last night? ;_;
Sorry I liked the sound of your plan but I'd already sent my action and I liked my plan better.
Did you target rabbit instead?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm I'm saying it could be both, but is more likely to just be a TS oldie.

The mafia wouldn't want all three of you around, since that give the civs another strong civ killing role, if I was mafia I'd try to get a teammate one of those roles also. Out of all three of you, assuming you're all civs, it wouldn't make much sense to kill Rabbit since he's inactive.

Yes you and MM would be on the same team, but I wasn't being that serious with that scum slips rarely happen.

I pointed this out with the Buffy game, mafia started out by killing inactive players at night instead of active and potentially dangerous civs. The mafia team ended up having SVS and Eloh both on it, they're both TS vets. I've noticed this pattern in a few other games especially when I first joined, I could probably dig up older games to prove it, but I'm to busy atm. I'd just take note of it and maybe track/investigate people who're more likely to do this.

I could also see Mac suggesting it seeing how I used that logic in our last game, but that's a tin foil.

Does the triangle attack keep working after the Pegasus Knights get promoted ?
Kinda a moot point now, huh?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:00 pm I'm about to go out, but I made it like half way through his ISO. I think he looks relatively good. I understand the Colin vote day one although I didn't agree with the case against him at the time. I'm not into lynching lurkers so early in the game, and that's what he seemed to be trying to move towards at the point I made it to, but maybe he plays it like that. Slight town read.
that's an excellent starting point to ease my worries. Let me go and see how he handled lurker lynches in the Mountains game because I remember nothing (as usual).
I skimmed all 200+ posts of cBob's in Mountains and didn't find any vote on a lurker (except right before he died, he voted for then MIA and inactive sig, but then changed it to Quin as a final vote). He was civ in that game and voting for vocal, active players.

I don't know why I get bad feelings from his voting pattern so far this games and reasoning behind it, especially after Kites kinda echoed what I was thinking this morning. :sigh:
i'm disappointed no one commented on this. :sigh: I mean, skimming didn't take me that long, but I did it for a reason.

why is no one else sensing something off in cbob's inactive vote placements and now Iron_Dwarf, he isn't a vocal player, and him asking me "who" he should vote for vs. his voting patterns in Mountains mafia which were unlike this despite there being several lurkers or inactives.

I'm gonna ISO cBob and see how I feel at some point (today? maybe?).
I didn't respond to your exact post, but I've already said some things about bob.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm I'm saying it could be both, but is more likely to just be a TS oldie.

One of our more logical-based players might have said "take out rabbit because he's the only one of the three who is tracking tonight." Plus, nutella, and to a lesser degree, myself, both were under some suspicion. The idea of keeping us around as lynch bait might have entered the conversation. Mostly, we should look for a player who wants to make me sad.
But they are delicious when they happen.

Not hugely tinfoily. Mac did it last game as a baddie, and it's being done this game. Not slam-dunk incriminating, but not something to disregard either.
@Jackofhearts2005 Does the triangle attack keep working after the Pegasus Knights get promoted ?
What does it even matter now? :(
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Actually, I think the answer is still relevant in the broader scheme of role analysis as levels increase.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

AUBERGINE (ft a new lynch candidate)

[2] Quin - dunya, nutella
[1] colonialbob - Marmot
[3] Iron_Dwarf - JaggedJimmyJay, Dragon D. Luffy, ColinIsCool
[1] JaggedJimmyJay - rundontwalk
[1] nutella - Quin
[1] Marmot - sig
[1] Epignosis - MacDougall
[1] Kenway - colonialbob

No vote: Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kites, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention], why do we fall?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

dunya wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:03 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 pm Would anyone be available to replace into a mafia game on HCRealms? It’s pretty laid back over there so it’s not a super big commitment. PM me if interested. CBob not invited.
could you PM me the link to this game specifically. I can't play 2 games at once, but I'm interested in observing the culture over there and Jay's game. maybe if it is laid back, I'll sign up to a future game.
of course, assuming Jay doesn’t object
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Maybe. It's a big logical factor in the whole thing. The "nice catch" exchange seems to assume that's the case. If sprityo isn't trying to get lynched, then he's not all that connected to the idea that The Ring might try to get lynched.

"Nice catch" is strong words. Be responsible.
Being responsible is boring.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:19 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm Did nobody actually target me last night? ;_;
Sorry I liked the sound of your plan but I'd already sent my action and I liked my plan better.
Did you target rabbit instead?
Nope. Quin.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

The next person who claims to have misdirected Quin gets policy lynched.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm colonialbob, why do we fall?
Because a summer lasting forever would mean no football.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm The next person who claims to have misdirected Quin gets policy lynched.
I claimed before everyone else did.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's just that people keep asking me over and over.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:22 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm colonialbob, why do we fall?
Because a summer lasting forever would mean no football.
:haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm In general I’m definitely more inclined to vote based on behavior, and not by testing the mechanics.
:nicenod:

In general there's been a lot of mechanics discussion and not as much behavior discussion as I'd like at this stage of the game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Actually, I think the answer is still relevant in the broader scheme of role analysis as levels increase.
Perhaps. But I'm not going to answer. :keys:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

[VOTE: ColonialBob] aubergine

I’ve given up on being unable to lynch CBob.

CBob why are you not a dirty rotten no-good miscreant?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 pm [VOTE: ColonialBob] aubergine

# Aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Why am I? What is this post? Given up on not being able to lynch me?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

AUBERGINE (I suck at this voting thing, but I'm pretty sure I got them all this time).

[2] Quin - dunya, nutella
[3] colonialbob - Marmot, Kites, TonyStarkPrime
[3] Iron_Dwarf - JaggedJimmyJay, Dragon D. Luffy, ColinIsCool
[1] JaggedJimmyJay - rundontwalk
[1] nutella - Quin
[1] Marmot - sig
[1] Epignosis - MacDougall
[1] Kenway - colonialbob
[1] rundontwalk - Iron_Dwarf
[1] dunya - DrWilgy

No vote: Dr. White, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con, sprityo

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:31 pm

I meant to say read but lynch works too I guess
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Effective immediately, Speedchuck replaces Dunya.

[mention]dunya[/mention]
[mention]speedchuck[/mention]
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Lol that's not a scumslip at all right

[VOTE: tonystarkprime] aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm Effective immediately, Speedchuck replaces Dunya.

dunya
speedchuck
Aw. Thanks for your contributions so far [mention]dunya[/mention]!

[mention]speedchuck[/mention], any new thoughts for us?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Well, it's Freudian, but I don't know if it's scummy.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:41 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Well, it's Freudian, but I don't know if it's scummy.
Why would a civ care about not being able to lynch me? Keeping in mind that he hasn't really expressed any very concrete scumreads of me so far (this isn't a Sloonei in Mountains situation)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm Effective immediately, Speedchuck replaces Dunya.

@dunya
@speedchuck
Townreading speedchuck

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 amHe isn't afraid to go against the grain with his rainbow list[/url], at least with some players (Epignosis and colonialbob stand out on the bottom end. Dr. White stands out on the top. Tell me about that read please, Kites, before my twitching eyeball twitches itself out of its socket. :meany:
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 amOk I just did for fun and you look fairly neutral/leaning civ. I especially like your thoughts on colonialbob. However I do have some questions regarding your stance on Dr. White. You (a) drafted his role, (b) listed him as one of your don picks, as one of two "random" non-rymers, and (c) placed him as a top town read in your rainbow. I don't think I saw any reason given for that town read. Can you elaborate on this and what do you think of the cases that have been raised against Dr. White?
a) I gave Dr.White a role because he was at the time online in the thread asking for a role, he wanted to be a nomad, and so I gave him that
——————
in the beginning I had difficulties differentiating between lotsa unfamiliar people, so it was a real chore for me trying to remember who said what, and contributing was hard which is why i said i had been playing a bad game. so to
b) don picks
i wanted to pick two random people, and i was still learning names, but I remembered Dr.White cos I gave him a role. Marmot was also sorta memorable character and I liked him, being a furry animal and all so I chose him. Well yeah you could tinfoil I remember them from being in my mafia team but that ain’t the case lol

c) town read on Dr.White
first of all I have to say the guy hasn’t posted in several daysnow , which would drop him down on my list from green to yellow-orange
anyways when I made the list, he had been active and given reads + thoughts on several people so I decided to not focus on him and it felt okay to give him a civ read

cases against drwhite? the iron_dwarf role draft is the only one I can remember right now.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 pm Hey sorry I'm late just saw DDL's message and had been busy. IS there a place I can see the unassigned players/roles?
”I don’t know which players/roles haven’t been drafted yet”
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm Nvm I see. Iron_Dwarf - Mercanary Role is my pick
”oh I found the list, okay I_D doesn’t have a role yet, here’s one buddy”
note that he came to give the role after rabbit8 got his, so the first player without a role in the alphabetical order is Iron_Dwarf and he could have picked him just because of that.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 pm Is this an official phase in the game? Or does it start when we are all drafted and Day 1? Also does the next person pick my role? Never played a game like this/
lotsa confusion. seems he doesn’t have any idea if there’s an order so he’s asking if someone could give him a role
Dr. White wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 am i think she means you couldn't have given iron dwarf a role yet cus you yourself don't have a role
Oh gotcha
confusion cleared. you can all tinfoil with this lol but I’m not seeing anything too wrong here
he needs to come back right away, but i’m low-neutral towards him now, not in my top suspects anyways
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

He... feels like you are hiding your scumminess behind the wall of unreadability that he has spoken of previously?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck has no posts and it's already Day 2. Scum read.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

[mention]dunya[/mention] :cry:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Who is Dave?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:49 pm He... feels like you are hiding your scumminess behind the wall of unreadability that he has spoken of previously?
Wot makes you think it's scuminess and not civvieness?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am
sig wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm What does everyone think of Bob and DDF?

I feel like if one of them is mafia the Pegasus knight under them is mafia as well.
Both mafia. If they’re both mafia can they all be mafia? Of Bob and DDL I’m slightly more suspicious of DDL but I can’t read Bob and that psychs me into giving him a null read
This is TSP's first (and only) post where he reads me. He says he suspects DDL over me. He's also given previous scumreads on a few other players.

What changed between last night and this morning [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:20 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 pm It should be noted that these misdirections are largely targeted to a random other player. This isn't like a bus drive wherein the new target is specifically selected.
Well whoever misdirected me, thanks...now we have no idea who I targeted and wasted a positive ID. :rolleyes:
How do you know you were misdirected?

I especifically asked Jack what yould happen if I misdirected you and he told me you would never notice. You'd just get wrong results.
I'm curious: knowing I'm an ID cop, why did you misdirect me? You've repeatedly claimed you think I'm Civ.
Yes! I had to randomly misdirect someone last night, and I specifically looked through the roles to see which would do the least harm. I certainly avoided trackers, protectors... I seem to recall that most roles left a bad taste in my mouth to redirect randomly. Then I got to Mage: "Fire - Each night, you may target another player and reverse their action. A nightkill will become a doctor, a guide will become a block, a track will become a reverse track, etc." And I figured the random, chaotic nature of that power meant that randomizing it wouldn't be as disruptive as many others.
but you didn't target the mage, you targeted the sage. why target me and not kenway?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm

I feel like if one of them is mafia the Pegasus knight under them is mafia as well.
Both mafia. If they’re both mafia can they all be mafia? Of Bob and DDL I’m slightly more suspicious of DDL but I can’t read Bob and that psychs me into giving him a null read
This is TSP's first (and only) post where he reads me. He says he suspects DDL over me. He's also given previous scumreads on a few other players.

What changed between last night and this morning TonyStarkPrime?
I read your ISO, pretended you were rabbit8, and I didn’t like it
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:24 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm

What changed between last night and this morning TonyStarkPrime?
I read your ISO, pretended you were rabbit8, and I didn’t like it
Specifics please
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

@dunya
@speedchuck
[mention]@dunya[/mention] bye dunya, sorry to see you go, since it seems like you're leaving cus of stress. hope everything's okay.

[mention]Speedchuck[/mention] hi speed, interested in your thoughts
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 am
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 pm alright here are all of quin's day 1 posts

Comment on Jay's meta. Vaguely relevant but not hunting.
Flavor comment that may or may not be relevant to the game (I think it's probably not). Not hunting
Prod on sig for what mafia mac looks like. This is one of your more meaningful posts but it still isn't much
Flavor comment in relation to Kites' weird post. May be tangentially game-relevant but Quin adds nothing substantial to the analysis anyway
His picks for Epi's survey.
Civ read on Dr White and DDL, "nobody I dislike" -- one of your few posts with actual reads and it's disgusting.
"is sloonei even playing" not content
asking for iso links, not content
asking for jay's buttocks, not content
says DDL and rdw stand out as early contributors -- sort of content but not productive
confirming lack of scumreads
dislikes dunya "pushing scumread quota"
says he only has town reads again (3rd time), except this time he says "bar the above" which I assume refers to suspecting dunya for "pushing a scumread quota"?
more talk on not having scum reads, zzzzzzzz
yet more. snore
quotes exchange between jay and dr white saying "this ass is town" not even sure which of the two he is referring to?
"quinfoil" pun 100% fluff
another snarky reply to dunya
prod of Colin
more about colin
more about colin, hey this post approaches being productive
response to colin
--------end of day 1 (he wasn't around for the end of it; there is a 21-hour gap between his last post and his next one)----------

I count about 9 actually productive posts, and in those he only talks about/gives reads of ~5 players (Jay, Dr. White, DDL, dunya, and coliniscool).
About 6 completely fluffy posts, and about 6 posts relating to the scumread quota business.

The most productive content I see is the ~4 posts you direct to Colin. How are you feeling about him now?

Night 1
first post after eod "why did you do that" presumably referring to the accumulation of votes on him while he wasn't there
"oh ok it's because i'm not posting" lol
claiming his day 1 posts weren't fluff
nah alright I'm stopping here and just summarizing the rest this is getting tedious. He defends Dr. White in an exchange with Jay about the implied meaning of "interesting."
Suspects dunya and me for the "scumread quota" thing. I can't speak for dunya but I never said anything about a "scumread quota," I just thought it was suspicious that you specifically didn't have any scumreads. There's a subtle difference there.
Oh look you admit that the argument that you've posted close to no content in your posts is valid howboudah

---Day 2---
you prod lapluie a bit
talk a little bit about the rabbit kill/justifications for it
call out lapluie for playing "with a crutch" -- ok this is actually decent hunting, have you followed it up at all? or I guess she hasn't responded yet
pretty much everything after that is defending your content to me/jay and calling me scum

so... your most significant contributions have been against colin and lap, and yet you choose to vote for me simply because I'm calling you out :shrug: k dude
Why are you reducing my suspicion of you to a NO U? Your argument sucks. I, nor anybody else is obligated to meet any number of reads and I hate your take on my posts. lapluie and Colin be damned. I suspect you.

I don't think you've given more than a seconds thought into my posts, nutella. You slam almost every post of mine that has meat because it isn't directly tied to a progression of reads. I count three times you've admitted a post has content but disregarded it as "but it's not good enough." Also hate that you've labelled my attack on you and dunya re: scum quota as non-productive. Explain to me the lack of productivity in those posts.

as for your question re Colin: I think he's town. I believe that he believed in his criticism of Epi's plan. I haven't read any more.
Geez fine. We could keep arguing about this back and forth but it would suck tbh. If you genuinely believe in and stand by the content you have contributed, then so be it. You've contributed. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't think your attack on me and dunya was productive because it was an empty accusation -- again I can't speak for dunya but for the LAST TIME I do NOT believe in a "scumread quota" you just made up that phrase and keep throwing it around when that is not at all what I accused you of. I don't believe that someone needs to have a certain number of scumreads relative to their post count, that is utterly ridiculous. It is relative and player/meta-specific. I expect YOU SPECIFICALLY to have contributed in a different/more productive way than you have so far. Sure, you participated in a couple discussions. Doesn't mean I'm seeing your civ meta.

And suspect me all you want but I just think it's weird that you basically made a case on lapluie and went on to act as if that was in another universe and you only care about me.
Quin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:59 am
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 pm Dr. White posts I have issues with:
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:57 pm
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution?
So in a game in which one is to determine who received a mafia role one should utilise no intuition whatsoever? Interesting. I have been playing the game wrong for 7 years.
This is a bad reply. I clearly know how to play mafia, and you clearly are twisting what I said. You couldn't have possibly had gotten any solid info on that many people enough to make that many reads at the time you posted that in the thread. Gattling a ton of random reads doesn't really give us much except possible connections back to you for later game. If you were vacationing why choose this as your one contribution to the thread? Once again, seems to be you attempting to set up a presence in the thread with those "reads".
This is hopefully the post he's talking about:
MacDougall wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 pm That's funny because I was going to say ColonialBob was mafia based on his plane taxi post. It just felt laid on thick to me. I mean I am on a tropical island 20 feet from the ocean but you didn't know that because I am genuinely distracted and disinterested whereas he had that scummy forced connectivity to the thread that makes you say unnecessary things.

Also I think RDW is a civ. Dunya is a civ. Epignosis and sig are sus. Jimmy is a civ. Colin is a civ. gwilikers6 is sus. Spirityo and nutella are civ. Kyle is a civ. Quin is sus. Rabbit is a civ. Everybody else is null. Brb fishing.

A reads list by any criteria is appreciated on Day 0. I dislike White's condemnation of it without actually looking into it first. I'm pinged by his criticism of Mac for contributing what he did given that he was on holiday..

I still maintain that Dr.White entered with a sort of authoritative style, and for a player having his first game on another site, I'd say that's unlikely for scum. These two posts aren't great though. Lean town.
Lol yeah you're his teammate
Explain.
I think this is pretty self-explanatory tbh?? I think Dr. White is likely bad and I think you're likely bad and your post here is teammate-compatible. Light town read while admitting you were pinged by a few things from him/some of his posts don't look great.

Quin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 am
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm
You did it too?

Holy crap.

Do you honestly think Quin is incapable of looking productive when he is bad?

Weak.
No, I don't think that. I think that he is more likely to look more productive is he is civilian, and since I have seen less effort from him I think he is not exhibiting his usual civ meta and thus I suspect him.

Besides, after doing that exercise, I wouldn't even say that's the chief reason I suspect him right now. Read the last line of my post; that point is more concerning to me.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:22 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 pm Jackofhearts2005 can you clarify this and also whether "player list" in that role refers to the draft order or the list with the armies?
The army list.
So then sig is only adjacent to lapluie, who is neither bow nor magical. Solved.
Your chief concern is that I'm voting you over lapluie when I've got beef with you both. Explain to me why I should be voting her over you.
Well for one thing I know I'm town and have reason to believe she could be bad. And you have a far better case on her. Your case on me is based in false assumptions (the "scumread quota" crap, and that I "haven't thought about your posts" :rolleyes: ). I'd vote for lap if you do, but for now it's staying on you. One of you is bad. Maybe both.
dunya wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:42 am If lap was don, Quin would be on her team tbh imo. :nicenod:
ture
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm wait what if sprityo is ring? :huh:
Nice catch.

Someone should vig him imo.
wtf?? do you really think sprityo is ring? I didn't think dunya's argument for that made any sense. his posts all supported his claim, he wasn't trying to get lynched

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 am I almost voted for Kyle now because I thought he was Quin.

The two look interchangeable to me. Both in avatar and game contribution.
really?? :huh: I'll give you a hint. Quin has been engaged in a pointless argument with me for several pages. Kyle is a chill dude who doesn't afraid of anything. But you're right in that he hasn't seemed to really engage anyone yet. I just think I find that more in line with Kyle's civ meta than with Quin's.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm The next person who claims to have misdirected Quin gets policy lynched.
I claimed before everyone else did.
I think I was first, I remember you saying like "I also misdirected Quin :dark: "

@dunya
@speedchuck
Whaaaaaaaat :eek: dunya's leaving??! :puppy: I hope everything's ok dunya/your feelings weren't hurt :( <3

welcome speed!

Kites wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 amHe isn't afraid to go against the grain with his rainbow list[/url], at least with some players (Epignosis and colonialbob stand out on the bottom end. Dr. White stands out on the top. Tell me about that read please, Kites, before my twitching eyeball twitches itself out of its socket. :meany:
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 amOk I just did for fun and you look fairly neutral/leaning civ. I especially like your thoughts on colonialbob. However I do have some questions regarding your stance on Dr. White. You (a) drafted his role, (b) listed him as one of your don picks, as one of two "random" non-rymers, and (c) placed him as a top town read in your rainbow. I don't think I saw any reason given for that town read. Can you elaborate on this and what do you think of the cases that have been raised against Dr. White?
a) I gave Dr.White a role because he was at the time online in the thread asking for a role, he wanted to be a nomad, and so I gave him that
——————
in the beginning I had difficulties differentiating between lotsa unfamiliar people, so it was a real chore for me trying to remember who said what, and contributing was hard which is why i said i had been playing a bad game. so to
b) don picks
i wanted to pick two random people, and i was still learning names, but I remembered Dr.White cos I gave him a role. Marmot was also sorta memorable character and I liked him, being a furry animal and all so I chose him. Well yeah you could tinfoil I remember them from being in my mafia team but that ain’t the case lol

c) town read on Dr.White
first of all I have to say the guy hasn’t posted in several daysnow , which would drop him down on my list from green to yellow-orange
anyways when I made the list, he had been active and given reads + thoughts on several people so I decided to not focus on him and it felt okay to give him a civ read

cases against drwhite? the iron_dwarf role draft is the only one I can remember right now.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 pm Hey sorry I'm late just saw DDL's message and had been busy. IS there a place I can see the unassigned players/roles?
”I don’t know which players/roles haven’t been drafted yet”
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm Nvm I see. Iron_Dwarf - Mercanary Role is my pick
”oh I found the list, okay I_D doesn’t have a role yet, here’s one buddy”
note that he came to give the role after rabbit8 got his, so the first player without a role in the alphabetical order is Iron_Dwarf and he could have picked him just because of that.
Dr. White wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:02 pm Is this an official phase in the game? Or does it start when we are all drafted and Day 1? Also does the next person pick my role? Never played a game like this/
lotsa confusion. seems he doesn’t have any idea if there’s an order so he’s asking if someone could give him a role
Dr. White wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 am i think she means you couldn't have given iron dwarf a role yet cus you yourself don't have a role
Oh gotcha
confusion cleared. you can all tinfoil with this lol but I’m not seeing anything too wrong here
he needs to come back right away, but i’m low-neutral towards him now, not in my top suspects anyways
ok, I think these answers satisfy me. thanks
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Post by speedchuck »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:40 pm

dunya
speedchuck
Aw. Thanks for your contributions so far dunya
speedchuck, any new thoughts for us?
Holy crap this game is complex. I know nothing about what's going on, other than that the shoes I've been selected to fill are like size two-hundred.
I know this isn't helpful, but I have a few questions just to get my bearings. Please be concise.

1. How does this recruitment thing on the main page work?

2. If Sig and Lapluie are public members of badguyia, shouldn't we lynch them?

3. What's the difference between Rico's and Epi's civ things? Is Rico actually playing?

4. . . . anything else I should know as someone who hasn't followed the thread for more than five minutes?

5. Why am I replacing Dunya?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

There are already way too many posts in this game for me to even think about trawling back through them. I've read it all, but there's just so much it's going in one ear and out the other.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:15 pm

dunya
speedchuck
Holy crap this game is complex. I know nothing about what's going on, other than that the shoes I've been selected to fill are like size two-hundred.
I know this isn't helpful, but I have a few questions just to get my bearings. Please be concise.

3. What's the difference between Rico's and Epi's civ things? Is Rico actually playing?

4. . . . anything else I should know as someone who hasn't followed the thread for more than five minutes?

1. It's already done. We started from one randomized player who took turns drafting another player to fill one of the roles publicized in the OP. There are some theories suggesting otherwise, but in general it was done by players who were active at the time asking for roles, and the drafter (usually) giving them what they wanted.

2. JOH has confirmed that being from Badguyia =/= being scum, nor does being from Goodguyia = being town.

3. We don't really know yet. As someone familiar with Fire Emblem, it looks like flavor, but it could probably come into play later.

4. Probably.

5. She mentioned a big work assignment or something and probably doesn't have the time for mafia.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:15 pm

dunya
speedchuck

1. Assuming you mean the teams, so far we had 3 people start in Rico's army and 2 people start in badguyia. Night 1 saw princess Epi and her band appear. Also we recruited dunya/you in a poll. It's unclear what it means mechanically, if indeed it means anything.

2. All scum are badguyia, not all badguyia are necessarily scum. Also do you really think jack would mod-confirm 2/5 mafia?

3. No. He wants Pepsi though, which tbh is a lynchable offense in my book.

4. Lol good luck

5. Idk she mentioned something about having stuff come up. She by far leads the thread in posts through the first couple days.

Return to “Previous Jobs”