Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Night 3]

Post by Kites »

these lynches :meany:

[mention]lapluie[/mention] just remembered you’re a thief too, got any results, someone’s nationality? Did you steal a vote too?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:38 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm So Jay had 9 votes and ID had 7 or 8 votes.

Awesome.
I didn't really have four extra votes
Dude this is a game with three lynch redirects don't expect me to know when you are being sarcastic with this shit.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Speedchuck could also have been misdirected? That would only explain it if he got redirected to another ID voter.

Ugh, non-obvious vote manipulation. :/
Kites
The Mark

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Kites »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 am
Kites wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 amoh wow just noticed this, maybe he is then
but that means i had nothing to with the possible misdirection of sig
how is your power worded? because redirecting harmful actions towards your long lost brother doesn't make a lot of sense thematically. is it possible you have it backwards?
Okay so Jack just corrected me :o If anyone tries to harm my brother, and my action could somehow prevent it, I will be misdirected to him.

So if Wilgy is my brother, I stopped sig and that means someone else killed Colin. However according to the rules you will be notified if your action fails but sig didn’t say so. So either Wilgy is not my brother and sig was misdirected or sig is lying about the kill.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm more suspicious of Epi after today.

I might ISO him.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Kites wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm
how is your power worded? because redirecting harmful actions towards your long lost brother doesn't make a lot of sense thematically. is it possible you have it backwards?
Okay so Jack just corrected me :o If anyone tries to harm my brother, and my action could somehow prevent it, I will be misdirected to him.

So if Wilgy is my brother, I stopped sig and that means someone else killed Colin. However according to the rules you will be notified if your action fails but sig didn’t say so. So either Wilgy is not my brother and sig was misdirected or sig is lying about the kill.
misdirected to "him" misdirected to whom? :^?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:26 pm I'm more suspicious of Epi after today.

I might ISO him.
Go ahead. I'm a donkey.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm

my brother. if sig targeted my brother, my ”got your back” action can prevent the kill so i will be misdirected to my brother
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:56 pm I bodyguarded Mac.
Thanks man. In return have one of these. :eye:
Okay.

Y'all tell me who you want me to kill next night phase, and then tell me if you think it's worth using that kill if it roleblocks and level-blocks every other civilian.
Hell no.

Up your lynch game. It's better than a nightkill.
Jay did not up his lynch game.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Kites wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm

my brother. if sig targeted my brother, my ”got your back” action can prevent the kill so i will be misdirected to my brother
I think I'm kind of getting it? so if your brother is endangered, then your power and target are chosen for you in a way which would prevent his harm. so if Wilgy is your brother then the fact that Sig's kill was misdirected after you targeted him is unrelated?

the fact that you yourself would have contributed to harming Wilgy by targeting sig, assuming he's your brother wouldn't alter Sig's choice to target him, but would change your choice to protecting brother from fliers, which leads to.... yeah. Either you didn't effect Sig's kill at all or "Fliers can't target your target." means that a random target is selected rather than a protection/block, or a different power is involved, or someone involved in the shit is lying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

May this donkey bray and ask this much though? :derp:

Why are people bemoaning how doomed the civilians are? It's been three phases. This started with more people than Mortal Kombat, the same number of mafia, no independents (MK had two), and the first mafia member in MK wasn't lynched until Day 5. Granted the civilians lost ultimately, but it was a toss-up until the end.

I don't get the fatalism.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 pm May this donkey bray and ask this much though? :derp:

Why are people bemoaning how doomed the civilians are? It's been three phases. This started with more people than Mortal Kombat, the same number of mafia, no independents (MK had two), and the first mafia member in MK wasn't lynched until Day 5. Granted the civilians lost ultimately, but it was a toss-up until the end.

I'd love the figures of how many times civs have won the game having not killed a Mafia by Day 4. Mafia wins the game most of the time as it is, let alone when we don't get one early. I'd say it'd be in the realms of 1/100.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 pm May this donkey bray and ask this much though? :derp:

I'd love the figures of how many times civs have won the game having not killed a Mafia by Day 4. Mafia wins the game most of the time as it is, let alone when we don't get one early. I'd say it'd be in the realms of 1/100.
How large is the field? If you're talking 13 players, civilians are done, sure. In something of this size, with a plethora of powers in play, fatalism is bullshit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:15 pm

How large is the field? If you're talking 13 players, civilians are done, sure. In something of this size, with a plethora of powers in play, fatalism is bullshit.
I disagree. If anything I think it's easier in small games to come back against a shitty early game because the percentage of people spewing bullshit into the thread is lower so the power of POE is higher. Tree Mafia is good example. The Mafia team having to exist in the thread together for as long as they did made it easier to see the connections towards the end of the game. In a game of this complexity the connections are much more muddied.

As an aside, what is your intention for making this statement exactly?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 pm

I disagree. If anything I think it's easier in small games to come back against a shitty early game because the percentage of people spewing bullshit into the thread is lower so the power of POE is higher. Tree Mafia is good example. The Mafia team having to exist in the thread together for as long as they did made it easier to see the connections towards the end of the game. In a game of this complexity the connections are much more muddied.

You disagree? It isn't a matter of agreement. You are wrong. More civilians equals more chances to win.

What statement did I make?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 pm

You disagree? It isn't a matter of agreement. You are wrong. More civilians equals more chances to win.

One of us provided an example, and it wasn't you. More civilians doesn't equal more chances to win because there are also more Mafia. And the Mafia MO is to make for a difficult thread environment to catch them in. With more of them doing that, the thread is a much harder place to find Mafia.

What is there to be gained from you trying to pacify our pessimism here? Why did you feel the need to make a stand against the thought that we are in a dire situation? What is the inspiration? What posts caused you to go on this tangent?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The mafia team in that game grew lazy.

A lazy mafia team doesn't lose that situation nearly every time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 pm

The mafia team in that game grew lazy.

A lazy mafia team doesn't lose that situation nearly every time.
Jeez I don't remember it that way but you were the mod.

I agree though. That is a rare one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 pm

One of us provided an example, and it wasn't you. More civilians doesn't equal more chances to win because there are also more Mafia. And the Mafia MO is to make for a difficult thread environment to catch them in. With more of them doing that, the thread is a much harder place to find Mafia.

What is there to be gained from you trying to pacify our pessimism here? Why did you feel the need to make a stand against the thought that we are in a dire situation? What is the inspiration? What posts caused you to go on this tangent?
Yeah, fuck it.

We're done.

No reason to bother, everybody.

Just go home.

Mafia won.

:rolleyes:

It isn't a tangent. It's a point of fact.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeah, fuck it.

We're done.

No reason to bother, everybody.

Just go home.

Mafia won.

:rolleyes:

It isn't a tangent. It's a point of fact.
That's not how I see it. Fear of the situation being dire breeds desperation and effort, not apathy. It sounds to me like you want everyone to just be like "yeah cool we're not in trouble at all".

So you are saying that you are feeling like the civs in this game think it's a lost cause and are giving up?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Do you guys want to talk about anything aside from the civilians being doomed?

Like what about the fact that colonialbob is scum but is still alive and playing?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:48 pm
So you are saying that you are feeling like the civs in this game think it's a lost cause and are giving up?
Mac, I know you can read. Read my original post again.

I am saying that any feelings that this is a lost cause for the civilians should be shut down because they are demonstrably bullshit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I take Epi's side here.

Morale is important. Thinking we are doomed brings apathy not desperation. No one reads 500 posts a day for 1/100 chance of winning.

And this is role madness we could randomly kill two mafia tonight for all I know.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 pm Do you guys want to talk about anything aside from the civilians being doomed?

Like what about the fact that colonialbob is scum but is still alive and playing?
How do we know he is scum?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah cool story Luffy. Next time add more sex scenes please. Maybe some robots.

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]

Firstly, who said this was a lost cause? Pointing out that the situation is fucked doesn't mean it's a lost cause. When I raised the point that I felt it was a pseudo lylo I didn't imply that if we lynched a civ I was going to give up, nor did I imply anybody should. I was pointing out that it was a very important day to get right. We got it wrong. So tomorrow is worse.

Secondly, why are you refuting that the situation is dire? The situation IS dire. We need to be better moving forward. If we go around thinking it's fucking roses then half the town will phone in their shit again.

What is with the timing of raising the point though? I can't see anyone bemoaning that the civs are doomed? The timing of the post is fucking weird.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey guys, we haven't nailed a Mafia yet going into day 4. It's okay though because the power of positive thinking is going to win us this game. Cool story.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

No seriously.

I've never seen a game where town, upon being convinced they have a low chance of winning, try harder.

They sign up to the next game and move on.

So cut with bullshit. We are going to win this and you are going to shut up about it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So guys.

Why is Colonialbob bad?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You know what. You can have the game to yourself Luffy. Enjoy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:08 pm I feel like we are in a pseudo lylo. No dead mafia by day 3 means its time for a different approach.
In a game this big?
There is a point where town still has a positive ratio but mafia's numbers are good enough they can shut down every civ power and maybe add a few points of vote power to themselves.

Good luck lynching mafia now unless you can pull major feats in scumhunting.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm I take Epi's side here.

Morale is important. Thinking we are doomed brings apathy not desperation. No one reads 500 posts a day for 1/100 chance of winning.

And this is role madness we could randomly kill two mafia tonight for all I know.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm So guys.

Why is Colonialbob bad?
He's not.

So 24 roles, 5 civs dead, 5 mafia, that leaves civs 14-5, 13-5 after tonight assuming just a mafia kill.

Problem is, of course, plurality lynches mean mafia can do significant damage with those numbers, but I think they're still high enough that they can't just take over. But we do really need to catch one tomorrow.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm So guys.

Why is Colonialbob bad?
He's not.

So 24 roles, 5 civs dead, 5 mafia, that leaves civs 14-5, 13-5 after tonight assuming just a mafia kill.

Problem is, of course, plurality lynches mean mafia can do significant damage with those numbers, but I think they're still high enough that they can't just take over. But we do really need to catch one tomorrow.
Be careful Bob or you'll get told to cut the bullshit and shut up by a guy who was pushing the same logic as you a few pages back. :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok stop. This argument has gone long enough and it's ruining the game.

I'm going to bed so I can cool down and you should drop it too. We are just attacing each other and that's unnecessary.

Peace.
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

What a disaster
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

Let's lynch Marmot tomorrow
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

shhhh macadamia it's ok

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 pm Ok stop. This argument has gone long enough and it's ruining the game.

I'm going to bed so I can cool down and you should drop it too. We are just attacing each other and that's unnecessary.

Peace.
Man I had dropped it ages ago but you kept talking to me like I was a piece of shit.

If you stop being rude to me, I won't have to be a dick. It's pretty simple schoolyard shit dude.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 pm Ok stop. This argument has gone long enough and it's ruining the game.

Peace.
Man I had dropped it ages ago but you kept talking to me like I was a piece of shit.

If you stop being rude to me, I won't have to be a dick. It's pretty simple schoolyard shit dude.
I'm not going to start arguing whether I was a dick first or second. That doesn't achieve anything.

I'm sorry for being rude to you and I'll go back to playing.

Good night.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Likewise.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Alternatively, both of y'all could talk to [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] instead of being dicks, since she was kind enough to be mod on duty for this game.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

rundontwalk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 pm Let's lynch Marmot tomorrow
Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter (or at least learn why marmot).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 pm Yeah cool story Luffy. Next time add more sex scenes please. Maybe some robots.

@Epignosis

Firstly, who said this was a lost cause? Pointing out that the situation is fucked doesn't mean it's a lost cause. When I raised the point that I felt it was a pseudo lylo I didn't imply that if we lynched a civ I was going to give up, nor did I imply anybody should. I was pointing out that it was a very important day to get right. We got it wrong. So tomorrow is worse.

Secondly, why are you refuting that the situation is dire? The situation IS dire. We need to be better moving forward. If we go around thinking it's fucking roses then half the town will phone in their shit again.

What is with the timing of raising the point though? I can't see anyone bemoaning that the civs are doomed? The timing of the post is fucking weird.
Kiss my ass, MacDougall.

I wasn't even talking about you.
gwilikers6 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:24 pm Pretty sure we’re fucked.
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm Still fucked though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And there was one other I can't find.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still believe MacDougall is a civilian.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 pm Yeah cool story Luffy. Next time add more sex scenes please. Maybe some robots.

@Epignosis

Kiss my ass, MacDougall.

I wasn't even talking about you.
gwilikers6 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:24 pm Pretty sure we’re fucked.
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm Still fucked though.
You're a parody of yourself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm Alternatively, both of y'all could talk to @Spacedaisy instead of being dicks, since she was kind enough to be mod on duty for this game.
How do you know we haven't been bucko!? :keys:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 pm
What does that mean?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 pm
What does that mean?
Just something to make myself sound smart.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epi get back in chatzy so I can scold you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”