Jay the nunchuck king (host/nons)
45%

Total votes: 11
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 431

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Night 1

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:14 pm Some suspicious shit WAS going on. You guys voted for Quin out of the blue nowhere with like *maybe* two minutes left on the poll. You don't find that suspicious?
I don't agree. I had not voted at all. I wait until the last minute often to vote. Where would have had me vote?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 667

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:14 pm Some suspicious shit WAS going on. You guys voted for Quin out of the blue nowhere with like *maybe* two minutes left on the poll. You don't find that suspicious?
I don't agree. I had not voted at all. I wait until the last minute often to vote. Where would have had me vote?
I'll tell you what if I do a re-read of your posts and you mention a suspicion of Quin I will pull back and assume you are legit for now.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:19 pm
I'll tell you what if I do a re-read of your posts and you mention a suspicion of Quin I will pull back and assume you are legit for now.
You won't find any. My suspicion of Quin came at the eleventh hour.

You are still acting like a civilian got lynched. That didn't happen. If speedchuck was being truthful, the same result would have occurred if I had voted for him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:15 pmhuh. okay.
FUCK I BROKE CHARACTER FORGIVE ME AUBERGINE
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:21 pm

You are still acting like a civilian got lynched. That didn't happen. If speedchuck was being truthful, the same result would have occurred if I had voted for him.
You think I care what Quin would have flipped? It doesn't matter nor does it make you any less suspect

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What does being on the sidelines mean exactly?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 1

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 pm speedchuck, if you are immune, why did you vote Quin?
thank you for this nice question, epignosis
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Does it mean waiting until the eleventh hour to vote for someone you hadn't mentioned let alone suspected for the previous 47 hours 58 minutes

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm speedchuck
Long Con
sprityo
S~V~S

Quin
Epignosis

nutella
Dragon D Luffy
Dharmahelper

colonialbob
dom

Readlist
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm I'd rather lynch DDL or Dom, but I'm okay with a Quin lynch.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN DENMARK
J'ACCUSE. SPEEDCHUCK
J'ACCUSE

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 288

Post by S~V~S »

Leave you guys alone for a few hours, and wtf?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis you took umbrage with several of Speedchuck's posts and theories and ideas over the course of the day, and ultimately found him mildly suspicious. Why then would you find Quin equally suspicious for "being on the sidelines" after not mentioning him over the course of the phase.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 pm Epignosis you took umbrage with several of Speedchuck's posts and theories and ideas over the course of the day, and ultimately found him mildly suspicious. Why then would you find Quin equally suspicious for "being on the sidelines" after not mentioning him over the course of the phase.
Yikes, correction, it's actually worse.

Epi, you found speedchuck and I quote "moderately" suspect. You found Quin and I quote "mildly" suspect. So which is more severe, moderate or mild? If the goal was to make sure Sprityo didn't get lynched, your vote would have been effective on Speedchuck, right? IDL. Seems sketch.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm I'm starting to think the double-life issue won't be as large of an obstacle as I initially believed.

In addition, I want to lynch someone who can actually be lynched today.
You said this at 2 o"clock today.

The only person known to be lynchable was Sprit. You chose to vote for someone you had not previously mentioned for being on the "sidelines" having a high post content but no meat (says the guy who has mostly only talked about mechanics) in order to save the one person we believed could be actually lynched today.

I gotta think about this.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DH and SVS are my mummy and daddy in this game and I trust them unconditionally.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So, just so I have this figured out, Epignosis and Speedchuck combined forces like 2-5 minutes before the poll was set to end in order to put votes off of Chuck and onto Quin. *EVEN THOUGH*

- Chuck had Quin in the Green on his silly silly rainbow list, and then said he was cool with a Quin lynch. So Chuck is cool lynching people he thinks are civ? Gambling that Quin had a haiku protection aside, that's kinda sketch

- Epi actually seems to have suspected Speedchuck MORE than Quin, and had a solid, tangible reason for doing so. His reason for voting Quin was weak AF.

I mean sometimes you gotta work for it, and sometimes they just hand it to you on a plate. Good one lads.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm DH and SVS are my mummy and daddy in this game and I trust them unconditionally.
Mummy and Daddy, respectively?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

How's this: Epi and chuck have BTSC and speedchuck didn't send in a haiku. It could explain both contradictions, since it seemed I was the only one with enough votes to save speed. I do think there is value is distancing as civilians who have BTSC.

linki: yeah, why not?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

People are contradicting themselves left and right (sprit knew I brought up the RR, yet he voted for DH becasue he thought he did, and Epi wanting to lynch someone who would actually die, and then voting for someone for a total weaksauce reason in order to save the one guy we know can be lynched), and then LC asking Chuck that question that actually referred to Sprit, and CHUCK ANSWERED and no one seems to care about any of that.

People normally get pinned to the wall for that shit. Is this how CC 123 went?

And Epi thinks sprit is a civ because of a big wifom thing in a game where people don't die, so wifom is useless as a diag tool until after we all have died once. Any argument based on "would" is useless.

OMG It's Negan :overreact:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 pm How's this: Epi and chuck have BTSC and speedchuck didn't send in a haiku. It could explain both contradictions, since it seemed I was the only one with enough votes to save speed. I do think there is value is distancing as civilians who have BTSC.

and just to elaborate, speed has sprityo as a strong townread, so it was me or...nobody.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Seems incredibly elaborate, almost unnecessarily so, in a civ context. I dunno.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

that contradiction on speeds part just seems so lazy i have a hard time believing it comes from scum.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 pm People are contradicting themselves left and right (sprit knew I brought up the RR, yet he voted for DH becasue he thought he did, and Epi wanting to lynch someone who would actually die, and then voting for someone for a total weaksauce reason in order to save the one guy we know can be lynched), and then LC asking Chuck that question that actually referred to Sprit, and CHUCK ANSWERED and no one seems to care about any of that.

People normally get pinned to the wall for that shit. Is this how CC 123 went?

And Epi thinks sprit is a civ because of a big wifom thing in a game where people don't die, so wifom is useless as a diag tool until after we all have died once. Any argument based on "would" is useless.

OMG It's Negan :overreact:
You're right that was a very strange first day.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So strange that I need to think it all over. Can you imagine trying to spread sheet this?

I wonder if anyone died on the other side?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

We can only hope someone died on the other side, that is if this will evolve into a tribe versus tribe scenario. Not to worry, fellow Pikachus. Negan's tribe is undefeated in survivor.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:14 pm We can only hope someone died on the other side, that is if this will evolve into a tribe versus tribe scenario. Not to worry, fellow Pikachus. Negan's tribe is undefeated in survivor.
maybe negan will make merge this time huh
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:14 pm We can only hope someone died on the other side, that is if this will evolve into a tribe versus tribe scenario. Not to worry, fellow Pikachus. Negan's tribe is undefeated in survivor.
maybe negan will make merge this time huh
Assuming you two don't BRUTALLY AND MERCILESSLY BETRAY ME

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:hug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

You think I care what Quin would have flipped? It doesn't matter nor does it make you any less suspect
What was my purpose in voting Quin last minute?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It means that, in my judgment, you said nothing noteworthy with respect to taking one side or the other, that you were content to watch others get into things but not comment on affairs yourself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Does it mean waiting until the eleventh hour to vote for someone you hadn't mentioned let alone suspected for the previous 47 hours 58 minutes
Nope.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 pm Epignosis you took umbrage with several of Speedchuck's posts and theories and ideas over the course of the day, and ultimately found him mildly suspicious. Why then would you find Quin equally suspicious for "being on the sidelines" after not mentioning him over the course of the phase.
Yikes, correction, it's actually worse.

Epi, you found speedchuck and I quote "moderately" suspect. You found Quin and I quote "mildly" suspect. So which is more severe, moderate or mild? If the goal was to make sure Sprityo didn't get lynched, your vote would have been effective on Speedchuck, right? IDL. Seems sketch.
I explained why I voted Quin. It had more to do with sprityo and less to do with Quin or speedchuck.

I don't care how I look to you. I know my own intentions.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm

It means that, in my judgment, you said nothing noteworthy with respect to taking one side or the other, that you were content to watch others get into things but not comment on affairs yourself.
but...i commented on lots of things.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 pm
What is your answer to my proposal that you have to believe one of two arguments in order for sprityo to be bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm I'm starting to think the double-life issue won't be as large of an obstacle as I initially believed.

In addition, I want to lynch someone who can actually be lynched today.
You said this at 2 o"clock today.

The only person known to be lynchable was Sprit. You chose to vote for someone you had not previously mentioned for being on the "sidelines" having a high post content but no meat (says the guy who has mostly only talked about mechanics) in order to save the one person we believed could be actually lynched today.

I gotta think about this.
That's true. And then I said this at 3:30:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:47 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm Question for the field:
sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:25 pm What did i miss huh?
I did not submit a poem
I mean haiku. oops.
If you are mafia, is your first move to admit that you did not submit a poem?
If he only skimmed the host post, possibly. I don't think ANYONE regardless of affiliation would admit that unless they had skimmed the host post. It is possible he came in before hitting the chat, or even that no one was in the chat.

And Chuck, LC, is it true that Chuck and Sprit made the same error regarding DH originating the RR?

linki @ DH, yeah.
I think that, with certain exceptions, mafia tend to be somewhat more careful than civilians. sprityo followed the above up with this:
sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 pm naw i didnt submit one, im a sitting duck. What can i say? i dont like haikus. that and i didnt believe it'd actually do something

You think im a smart person?
And then this:
sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 pm i'd hope i dont get lynched day 1, im super excited about playing!
This indicates to me that sprityo is playing loose and not really paying attention. Look at that last quote: He hopes he doesn't get lynched Day 1 because he's super excited about playing? Was he unaware that getting lynched would not preclude him from playing further?

If you think sprityo is bad, then I think you either have to make the argument that these posts are fake, or that sprityo is completely comfortable playing the loose cannon and depriving his team of one of his lives and abilities this early, even though Days 1 generate the easiest civilian lynches.

I don't think either one of those things is the case.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm

What was my purpose in voting Quin last minute?
If I knew that I wouldn't be on your jock about a very suspicious last minute vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 pm How's this: Epi and chuck have BTSC and speedchuck didn't send in a haiku. It could explain both contradictions, since it seemed I was the only one with enough votes to save speed. I do think there is value is distancing as civilians who have BTSC.

If this were the case, why would I go out of my way to accuse speedchuck, only to turn around and "save him?"

I swear, as someone who has been mafia on this site so many times, people make really silly assumptions about what I would do if I were bad.

I am a civilian who wanted to protect someone who I am confident is a civilian. I did not know how Golden would resolve the lynch, so I voted to tie up Quin and speedchuck.

The fucked up thing here is that nobody died, and so the assumption that I'm mafia is because a) I made a quick decision after trying to digest as much as I could without running out of time, and b) nobody even knows if Quin is bad or not.

That's garbage.

Come at me. :keys:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 pm
What is your answer to my proposal that you have to believe one of two arguments in order for sprityo to be bad?
I disagree with your basic premise that the actions of a third party are predictable as you seem to think they are, especially under these circumstances. I think he is either bad or could care less about this game.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 pm

If this were the case, why would I go out of my way to accuse speedchuck, only to turn around and "save him?"

I swear, as someone who has been mafia on this site so many times, people make really silly assumptions about what I would do if I were bad.

I am a civilian who wanted to protect someone who I am confident is a civilian. I did not know how Golden would resolve the lynch, so I voted to tie up Quin and speedchuck.

The fucked up thing here is that nobody died, and so the assumption that I'm mafia is because a) I made a quick decision after trying to digest as much as I could without running out of time, and b) nobody even knows if Quin is bad or not.

That's garbage.

Come at me. :keys:
teehee
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:53 pm
I disagree with your basic premise that the actions of a third party are predictable as you seem to think they are, especially under these circumstances. I think he is either bad or could care less about this game.
What do you mean by third party?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 320

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 pm

and just to elaborate, speed has sprityo as a strong townread, so it was me or...nobody.
Sounds about right. Though I read sprit as town, and thought this might be trickle down, sooo I think between this and epis posts, you guys can figure my reasons.

On phone. I'm okay with no lynch happening. See you guys tomorrow
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:58 pm
A person not you or I, the first party and the second party. A third party is a person not actually taking part in the discussion. In this case, Sprityo. What else would it mean? We can't predict what a third party would do because we don't have eñough information.

I think making assumptions based on what someone "would" or "would not" do doesnt have an immense amount of validity under the conditions in this game. So I find your initial premise, based on what sprit would do, invalid, and I dont have to believe one of two arguments, or any arguments, for that matter, that are based on a what I feel is a false premise.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:58 pm
A person not you or I, the first party and the second party. A third party is a person not actually taking part in the discussion. In this case, Sprityo. What else would it mean? We can't predict what a third party would do because we don't have eñough information.

I think making assumptions based on what someone "would" or "would not" do doesnt have an immense amount of validity under the conditions in this game. So I find your initial premise, based on what sprit would do, invalid, and I dont have to believe one of two arguments, or any arguments, for that matter, that are based on a what I feel is a false premise.
I was taking third party to mean "independent" (neither civilian or mafia), but that didn't make sense.

I wasn't making assumptions about sprityo. I was making judgments, which is necessary to move forward. I do not believe sprityo's posts were fake, and I do not believe sprityo was playing a loose cannon mafia member, which are the only two frameworks that make sense in the universe that sprityo is mafia. Unless you can convince me of another scenario in which mafia sprityo makes those posts I quoted, then I'm sticking with what I think.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm A person not you or I, the first party and the second party. A third party is a person not actually taking part in the discussion. In this case, Sprityo. What else would it mean? We can't predict what a third party would do because we don't have eñough information.
Also, S~V~S secretly turned Spanish. Let's lynch her for linguistic reasons. :D
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am not trying to convince you at this phase. It's early and things can change. This is my opinion, but I am not confident enough in it to try to press it aggressively.

Today was very freaking weird (kudos to hosts :Daisy : ) so let's see where tomorrow takes us.

Linki, my old crappy tablet gives me rogue euro vowels on occasion, lol.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:daisy:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Rogue Euro Vowels sounds like a New Wave band.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Sounds about right. Though I read sprit as town, and thought this might be trickle down, sooo I think between this and epis posts, you guys can figure my reasons.

On phone. I'm okay with no lynch happening. See you guys tomorrow
So are you saying you didn't send a haiku?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hmmmmmmm.

I don't think Epi looks suspicious. Speedchuck maybe. Trying to figure out if something in particular is the case though. :ponder:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”