nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 2

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yeah, let's not do that again, shall we? :meany:

Who's afraid of the Blooper, eh?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

LoRab wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:23 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pmthe Slang?
Boomslang

Lorab why do you say that.
Aren't they a couple? I find couples rarely kill each other day 1--close friends, as well. I won't say it never happens, but I find it rare.
I was just going to agree with this. Night 2, sure, but Night 1? That's just mean and may result in nights of couch sleeping just sayin'
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sig »

Boomslang

Aren't they a couple? I find couples rarely kill each other day 1--close friends, as well. I won't say it never happens, but I find it rare.
I knew there was another couple I just thought it was Rabbit and SVS. :suspish:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pmi just ISO'd Kyle I'm not very impressed he hasn't posted much yet, but what he has posted seems blendy. He also voted for Ninja when we had two close wagons which I disliked.
I spent the latter half of day one curled up in a ball and purging the evils of food poisoning from my body. I hadn't read any of the relevant pages, so the only thing I had to base my vote off of was the case summaries people had provided, and none of them really blew my socks off. I voted to maintain the tie instead of breaking it bc I believed probability had as good of a chance at making a good decision than I did in that circumstance.

...and because i needed to stop looking at my phone and throw up again

And okay makes sense
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Rip ninja and...welcome...back...ninja?

I’m confused.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:43 pm Wife has it too now. I’m at about 80%
yikes man. Feel better :beer: Ima go wash my hands. Matter o fact, I think it’s time for my weekly Clorox wipe of my phone and apartment.

I also don’t think Boom would target ninja N1.

That doesn’t mean, however, that his teammate wouldn’t.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

OH

IDIOT = ME

ninja’s in her 2nd role. Gotcha.

Guess that solves one of Sloonei’s theories that they get absorbed into a separate thread.

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm What do you think about INH going after an "inactive" so soon after fumbling the ball in Fellowship by being confirmed town but leading no lynches and in fact not even voting at MYLO? (I fumbled too but not for lack of trying to move the ball.)
Yes, I totally fucked blacxthorne HannaK Fellowship. I fully admit that I completely ballsed up that game for the civilians. I don't really understand why you're judging my Bass_The_Clever in parenchyma game uninured that truly undiscoverable Amy Pond. Also, there's a targeted between showing up sporadically since the beginning, (my problem in LOTR) and not showing SVS at all.

My vote for you was both a shot in the dark, and a nudge to get you to, y'know, post in this game. A talkative JoH setup way more DharmaHelper to civilians than a silent firstclass. wedded I'm insanified which is fun.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’ll be nice to INH cause I find this amusing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I feel like this is in the rules somewhere.

When you die and get a new role, we don’t know alignment may be different, yeah? That is, could it be an okay thing to get lynched as mafia?

Are roles assigned randomly as first and second roles? That is, could there be only one mafia in this tribe?

Anyone besides Marmot feel like self voting?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang

This is a factor worth considering, but I'd give it less weight in a game where we all respawn after death.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 am I feel like this is in the rules somewhere.

When you die and get a new role, we don’t know alignment may be different, yeah? That is, could it be an okay thing to get lynched as mafia?

Are roles assigned randomly as first and second roles? That is, could there be only one mafia in this tribe?

Anyone besides Marmot feel like self voting?
2nd roles are not assigned randomly. They were paired and the players received a pair at random.

As was noted in the second post of the thread, the split of players into tribes was random. There is no guarantee of any particular number or ratio of any alignment in the tribe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

8) Players will get two roles in this game. You will all get your first role at the start of the game. You will only get your second role upon your first death. If you die twice, you are officially actually dead. When your first role dies (regardless of how you die), your role will be revealed, but your affiliation and win conditions will be kept secret. When your second role dies, your role and affiliation will be revealed if you die by lynch or any method other than nightkill. It is possible for players to change win conditions or affiliations, however any mafia player who has BTSC with their team for role one will continue to have the same affiliation and win conditions for role two.
Rule 8 in the main thread. This is an important one and gives us some insight into the mechanics of the game. I've highlighted the sections that seem most critical to me.

Alignments are not going to be revealed in phase 1. This means it's a viable strategy for the mafia team to nightkill one of their own. I don't intend to sow paranoia here, but it's something I absolutely think we should be mindful of. On top of that, we apparently aren't going to know if our first handful of lynches are successful ones.

The bit that specifies "mafia players who have BTSC" might suggest there are mafia-aligned players who are separated from their partners right now, without BTSC. It is at least theoretically possible that a player who is town right now becomes mafia later or vice versa.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t think the mafia kills one of their own on night 1.

We should lynch players twice if we seriously think they’re bad. Played a game like this on the realms and there were some wasted phases lynching the first of a player’s roles for basically no info and then leaving them alive for several days.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 am I don’t think the mafia kills one of their own on night 1.

We should lynch players twice if we seriously think they’re bad. Played a game like this on the realms and there were some wasted phases lynching the first of a player’s roles for basically no info and then leaving them alive for several days.
Agreed on the second point. Not so sure on the first. I didn't suspect Blooper 1.0 and I have no specific reason to start doing so now. But I think it's worth considering that the baddies would have killed one of their own off the bat. The WIFOM is super juicy in a move like that.
I do not wish to lynch blooper today.

Also I take it there was only a single nightkill between the two threads, just as there was a single shared lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 am I don’t think the mafia kills one of their own on night 1.

Agreed on the second point. Not so sure on the first. I didn't suspect Blooper 1.0 and I have no specific reason to start doing so now. But I think it's worth considering that the baddies would have killed one of their own off the bat. The WIFOM is super juicy in a move like that.
I do not wish to lynch blooper today.

Also I take it there was only a single nightkill between the two threads, just as there was a single shared lynch.
Consider: If this game has standard numbers, scum need twice the nightkills/mislynches to win and the only real advantage they have is they need to be lynched twice.

If I was scum, the very last thing I’d do is give up that advantage in order to make the disadvantage even worse. What I’d get out of it is WIFOM so juicy that the first time it is pointed out, Sloonei calls it a good strategy.

One can criticize me for choosing the win in front of me too often. As a whole, the Syndicate tends to choose the wine in front of the other guy very often. That makes it far less juicy.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

A really ballsy/crazy scum team would. So like wilgy, mac, marmot, but i don't think a more traditional team would
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 1

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm What do you think about INH going after an "inactive" so soon after fumbling the ball in Fellowship by being confirmed town but leading no lynches and in fact not even voting at MYLO? (I fumbled too but not for lack of trying to move the ball.)
I guess this was directed at me?
I don’t know anything about the Fellowship game so I don’t feel fully qualified to exact a label on INH’s gameplay this time, but at the time I didn’t see anything wrong with his voting an inactive. I genuinely believe voting out inactives in Day 1 is productive. Many would argue otherwise that there is still ample opportunity to find a baddie then but then they must be Sherlock Holmes to my Kim Kardashian. I like votes to analyze. Seeing as we still don’t know anything except the mafia wanted to kill ninja, I feel like we’re in a similar place.

So you’re saying in a previous game INH was basically the Cleveland Browns all game and then pulled a Butterfinger Brady in the Super Bowl? Doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be more gung-ho or change his game this time around either. It’s just a bit presumptuous to assume that, since I don’t know what kind of constraint he has outside the game.

Tl;dr I don’t think INH looks more suspicious for going after you, an inactive in Day 1 even if he was essentially one previously.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey [mention]Marmot[/mention] instead of voting yourself and forgetting to move it again, who would you have voted for day 1 if you *had been around and who are you suspicious of this day?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I would also remind that if we actually want to lynch someone this go round, we’ll probably need agreement and lots of votes on one person to beat out the other tribe.

Any volunteers? :grin:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 am I would also remind that if we actually want to lynch someone this go round, we’ll probably need agreement and lots of votes on one person to beat out the other tribe.

Place a vote on somebody and talk about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 am I would also remind that if we actually want to lynch someone this go round, we’ll probably need agreement and lots of votes on one person to beat out the other tribe.

K.

Vote Marmot AUBERGINE.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 pm

K.

Vote Marmot AUBERGINE.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RE: my current vote for Marmot.

He stole an entire bag of granola from me backpacking a few months ago. And I never forgave him.

Here he is in the act:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

But more seriously, why not vote for him? I mean, he’s doing it after all.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why are you not voting for insertnamehere?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 pm Why are you not voting for insertnamehere?
:disappoint:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 pm Why are you not voting for insertnamehere?
He's talked a lot about suspecting you, relativelt speaking, but has avoided casting a vote for you. That's a bit jarring to me.

What are your thoughts on anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Just would like to point out that Sloon didn’t even mention INH as a suspect until I threw his name out as someone that looked blendy. Whether or not he actually agreed with lynch perception beforehand is WIFOM.
what does this mean to you?
Scotty's point is what actually caused my curiosity here.

Sloonei, I don't believe your reason for bringing up INH is legitimate. I feel like if it was, you would've mentioned Scotty's suspicion in your response to me.
why? Scotty's mention of INH was not a factor at all in my discussion of INH. Our observations about INH were in stark contrast to each other. Scotty labeled him as "blendy" because he had not noticed any of the things INH had said. On the other hand, INH stood out to me because of a few specific posts he had made.
I asked Scotty for a read because he was here. At the same time, I wanted to talk about INH. we each only had about three players to choose from at the time, so it's really not surprising that we ended up on the same subject.
Regardless of contrasting views or not, you want me to believe that Scotty discussing INH only a few posts prior to your discussion on INH were unrelated?

It looked like an opportunistic offence against INH only following someones suspicion.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Just would like to point out that Sloon didn’t even mention INH as a suspect until I threw his name out as someone that looked blendy. Whether or not he actually agreed with lynch perception beforehand is WIFOM.
what does this mean to you?
Scotty's point is what actually caused my curiosity here.

Sloonei, I don't believe your reason for bringing up INH is legitimate. I feel like if it was, you would've mentioned Scotty's suspicion in your response to me.
why? Scotty's mention of INH was not a factor at all in my discussion of INH. Our observations about INH were in stark contrast to each other. Scotty labeled him as "blendy" because he had not noticed any of the things INH had said. On the other hand, INH stood out to me because of a few specific posts he had made.
I asked Scotty for a read because he was here. At the same time, I wanted to talk about INH. we each only had about three players to choose from at the time, so it's really not surprising that we ended up on the same subject.
Regardless of contrasting views or not, you want me to believe that Scotty discussing INH only a few posts prior to your discussion on INH were unrelated?

It looked like an opportunistic offence against INH only following someones suspicion.
My thoughts in INH were totally indepedent to Scotty's, yes. He provided an easy segue into the discussion, sure, but I was gonna be saying those things regardless. I don't think this is inconceivable.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:09 pm
He's talked a lot about suspecting you, relativelt speaking, but has avoided casting a vote for you. That's a bit jarring to me.

What are your thoughts on anything?
Did I give the impression that I suspected INH? Especially given my response to JoH, I’m not sure where you came to that conclusion. I’ve thrown more shade your way than INH, m8

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I like that Boom isn’t necessarily coming out and NO Uing Sloonei for the vote on him.

There’s actually a bunch of blendy players as of now, including LoRab for sure, which is something to catalogue for later. Aside from the blooper kill, we still don’t know shit from the D1 lynch. I dont mind LoRab bringing up the prospects of couples killing each other because I wasn’t thinking of that possibility as well.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Because I missed playing with him.
Thanks man! Can I get you anything while I’m up? Bud? Bud Light? Miller High Life?
I'll take a read on a player if you've got any.
Seriously? Half the peeps haven’t even checked in. You know how my day one goes, Sloon.

But now that you asked me I was thinking that it was funny that INH hadn’t checked in since he’s been pretty active elsewhere and then I looked and saw that he’s been active in the beginning of this game and I totally forgot he even posted.

So of the people that have done anything thus far, he’s got my interest. Labeling him as blendy.

But I’m probably not gonna vote for him. Because it’s day 1
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 am Your turn. Why did you want to lynch the button? What do you think of INH?
Are you the button? Is lynching the button the easy to activate it? Wouldn’t be my fault if you hadn’t even checked in and in doing so created a gigantic explosion, mate.

I think INH is back in the middle ground for me. He blended in, got defensive and made sense in his defensiveness (day 1). And then hasn’t done any more digging since. I expect more out of him tomorrow?
These posts are where I get the impression that you could cast a vote for INH, Scotty. These two posts are the only instances I see of you doing anything close to "throwing shade" at me, and I don't take them seriously because they are very far off the mark of my actual mindset in this game. I appreciate the skepticism, though. Could you tell me why this would hypothetically make me a good suspect? Does scum Sloonei need another player to put down a lukewarm read of a player before he states a case against them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm I like that Boom isn’t necessarily coming out and NO Uing Sloonei for the vote on him.

There’s actually a bunch of blendy players as of now, including LoRab for sure, which is something to catalogue for later. Aside from the blooper kill, we still don’t know shit from the D1 lynch. I dont mind LoRab bringing up the prospects of couples killing each other because I wasn’t thinking of that possibility as well.
I don't like that Boomslang is coming out and not offering any thoughts at all on Sloonei.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am A really ballsy/crazy scum team would. So like wilgy, mac, marmot, but i don't think a more traditional team would
If bloops was on my team, I would've opted to kill either myself or another teammate before her.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Because I missed playing with him.
Thanks man! Can I get you anything while I’m up? Bud? Bud Light? Miller High Life?
I'll take a read on a player if you've got any.
Seriously? Half the peeps haven’t even checked in. You know how my day one goes, Sloon.

But now that you asked me I was thinking that it was funny that INH hadn’t checked in since he’s been pretty active elsewhere and then I looked and saw that he’s been active in the beginning of this game and I totally forgot he even posted.

So of the people that have done anything thus far, he’s got my interest. Labeling him as blendy.

But I’m probably not gonna vote for him. Because it’s day 1
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 am Your turn. Why did you want to lynch the button? What do you think of INH?
Are you the button? Is lynching the button the easy to activate it? Wouldn’t be my fault if you hadn’t even checked in and in doing so created a gigantic explosion, mate.

I think INH is back in the middle ground for me. He blended in, got defensive and made sense in his defensiveness (day 1). And then hasn’t done any more digging since. I expect more out of him tomorrow?
These posts are where I get the impression that you could cast a vote for INH, Scotty. These two posts are the only instances I see of you doing anything close to "throwing shade" at me, and I don't take them seriously because they are very far off the mark of my actual mindset in this game. I appreciate the skepticism, though. Could you tell me why this would hypothetically make me a good suspect? Does scum Sloonei need another player to put down a lukewarm read of a player before he states a case against them?
Why I would vote INH:
-he’s been blendy, and hasn’t actually offered reads yesterday or today. Especially today.

Why I’m currently not voting INH:
-he seemed genuinely peeved of your suspicion of him in D1. I happened to read that genuine behavior as civ-minded.
-there’s not too much to be talked about yet, aside from the NK.
-it might Ben hard to get his points across today seeing as it appears he’s insanified

Why I would vote for you:
-It appeared opportunistic to jump on a name that I put out in D1. Makes me wonder if you would have agreed with me if I had originally said Marmot looked blendy. We’ll never know.
-I feel like you’re trying to frame my way of thinking to vote INH, and I don’t take well to that

Why I’m not currently voting for you:
-you’re the highest poster and are actually contributing to the discussion. I don’t know yet if what’s you’re saying is manipulative or genuinely a fact-finding mission.
-You’re not technically ‘steering’ the thread by leading us to any one name. You’re actively pressing people on their opinions of things.

Why Marmot over INH?
He’s blendy, has added nothing worthwhile to the discussion and has self voted now twice. Also he has no game-mechanic-induced penalty to talk.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still would like to know why you (and wilgy) think it would be suspicious of me to follow your comments about INH with my own suspicion of him. Even if that was what I did, I would not view it as a good scum strategy, so I don't know why the angle should be pursued.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm coming back to the idea of voting for sig. His attacks have been vague so far. I keep coming back to the use of his word "odd". He's been describing all of his suspicions in that manner. I'm wondering if that vague language is born out of an absence of authenticity.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:32 pm I still would like to know why you (and wilgy) think it would be suspicious of me to follow your comments about INH with my own suspicion of him. Even if that was what I did, I would not view it as a good scum strategy, so I don't know why the angle should be pursued.
I think It’s the coincidence of it, claiming it was an independent thought

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:27 pm He’s blendy, has added nothing worthwhile to the discussion and has self voted now twice. Also he has no game-mechanic-induced penalty to talk.
Where I came from, being unavailable =/= blendy.

Also, did someone claim that I have a game-mechanic-induced penalty to talk?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
No bad sloonie bad boy no treats for you.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 pm Sig has 6 posts, but outside of an empty mudfling in my direction none of them have really contributed much.
It's day one, I don't have much to say. :shrug:
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm [VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

@sig what do you think of my vote?
I think it was odd, I don't see your case on INH and I'd rather not lynch him day 1. I also kind off agree most of the time day 1 is a shot in the dark.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:44 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:54 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm I do like that Sloonie is posting and trying to get people talking, but as of right now I just don't think there's much to talk about. However, I'd put him down as a light civ read.
Got any non-civ reads?
Nope not yet.
I would fathom to say that I feel like @sig now looks more blendy and shruggy than INH.
:ponder: :( :ninja:

Your case on me is odd. :p

I didn't think the INH thing has good backing it was odd, weird, strange bizarre, ect. Nothing else to really say on it. I do like that you're talking I just didn't like your case.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:55 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:54 pm And I was mainly messing around, I did write a haiku and knew I wouldn't be lynched so I figured i'd do some unconventional scum hunting and see how people reacted, I think we found out alot by the vote changes and last minute push onto Boom.
What did we find out?
What you said I agree with.

Lorab's vote for you was weird and I kind off disagree with it seemed like she wanted to avoid the main wagons.

Three votes for Jack is odd, I wouldn't be surprised if an anti-civ voted there.

I'd like to talk mechanics really quick. Everyone has two roles so does that mean mafia doesn't have chat? Or perhaps we don't have a traditional mafia. Otherwise I don't see how the former team members wouldn't out each other.
Also this post in which he literally just repeats INH's case against me is much more in line with the type of accusation that Scotty and wilgy are leveling against me right now:
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm Talk more about my case on INH.
Didn't you already basically admit that your case against me is an inherently-hollow trojan horse designed to stir up shit and get people talking?
That question was specifically for sig.
I feel like it was a hollow trojan horse case designed to stir up shit and get people talking.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

“Blendy” could also be a great strategy for a civ that I never seem to employ in early games (one day maybe I’ll learn), as a meddlesome talker could be seen as a threat to the mafia and be bumstickeroonied

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

Behold, ISOs are now posted at the top of the thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:32 pm I still would like to know why you (and wilgy) think it would be suspicious of me to follow your comments about INH with my own suspicion of him. Even if that was what I did, I would not view it as a good scum strategy, so I don't know why the angle should be pursued.
I think It’s the coincidence of it, claiming it was an independent thought
There were are about three people who'd provided content at that point, not including ourselves. That's like saying a coin landing on heads twice in a row is improbable. Look at me. I'm coming out of my skin to generate content in this game. I'm sticking my nose into everything. I'm a lunatic with no self-control, so why are you perplexed that I had thoughts about insertnamehere early in the game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm I'm coming back to the idea of voting for sig. His attacks have been vague so far. I keep coming back to the use of his word "odd". He's been describing all of his suspicions in that manner. I'm wondering if that vague language is born out of an absence of authenticity.
You're flipflopping more than ummmm something that flipflops alot. :srsnod:

Though tbf I'm not the biggest fan of my role so I wouldn't mind being lynched, on the other hand I have no good reason to be lynched and if I'm NK'd then it's game over. You know I talked myself out of it I wouldn't vote for this Sig guy today.

Looking over Boomey's last post and a quick ISO, is making me think he's not mafia, I wouldn't want to vote for him today.

I believe Wilgy's last post and he's not posted as much, but I'm not scum reading him.

INH is confuzzled so I'm not voting there either.

Lorab is giving me third party feels right now.

I have class soon so I'll be back in a bit.

linki: I did that on purpose sloonie. :beer:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh and Sloonie is still a civ read.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:27 pm He’s blendy, has added nothing worthwhile to the discussion and has self voted now twice. Also he has no game-mechanic-induced penalty to talk.
Where I came from, being unavailable =/= blendy.

Also, did someone claim that I have a game-mechanic-induced penalty to talk?
I was referring to INH’s apparent insanity this phase. You don’t seem to have anything like that afaik.

Hi MM! I get not being unavailable, but even in your post just now, you’re not offering anything new. It seems like you’re at least reading the thread.

Who would you look to vote for this phase if not yourself?

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 pm “Blendy” could also be a great strategy for a civ that I never seem to employ in early games (one day maybe I’ll learn), as a meddlesome talker could be seen as a threat to the mafia and be bumstickeroonied
If your goal is to win, then fuck blendiness. You'll look the same as the players you claim are scum for the same behavior. :srsnod:

#ballstothewall

Also, bewbs

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”