75%

Total votes: 4
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 5

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry I posted that thing in response to
Lorab before I saw your response Blooper.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 4

Post by Spacedaisy »

Golden wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm
Insertnamehere has died. He was:
39: Tina Wesson (Survivor). Each night, you will choose one player to inject with an innoculation to a particular virus. Any player who is given the innoculation will be unable to catch the virus and will be cured if they already have it. You may not target the same player twice.

Carry on.
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Could it be mafia, possibly. But it doesn't make sense to me if they did. It is the job of the mafia to decrease the opponents numbers to where they can control the lynch. So, if you gave this role to a mafia role they would essentially be only able to use it on themselves and that is it. Otherwise it's counter productive to their win con. So yeah, I see this as a civ role.

Now, that does not mean I trust INH now. It means I don't base my vote on what I thought previously about him because I feel like I was most likely wrong. So I dimiss entirely the suspicion I felt of INH 1.0 and INH 2.0 has not done something I find suspicious. In fact I find his frustration both understandable and seemingly sincere. This has nothing to do with his previous role. I don't give a shit about his previous role except the impact it has on how I felt about him while he was in it. Those suspicions seem to be unfounded. They therefore have no bearing. And you have yet to present a good reason for me to vote for him. I don't find him suspicious at the moment, nor do I find him trustworthy. I am not going to vote to lynch him just so we can kill someone which seems to be all your case is based upon.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:55 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm Look, you can go through my posts I posted a whole thing linking to his ISOs from games where he was bad, good and even one 3P game. So I have already given my thoughts on this, I don't have time to repeat myself. Clearly I do think he is playing to his Baddie meta.

As to the first point, you don't get what I'm saying. My point is my previous suspicion is negated by the fact I feel he pretty much flipped a civ role. And I have nothing since then that leads me to suspect him for being bad. So why would I vote for him? Just because he is in a second role? Is that what you are suggesting? If so I disagree. To borrow a sentiment from 3J, I am not playing against the hosts, I am playing against the mafia. I will cast my vote against those I suspect, not against those that I think the theories on setup could possibly make bad. That is not a solid reason to do anything IMO. I am not voting for Scotty because I don't suspect Scotty's play like I do Marmot's. In fact, I have for the most part felt like Scotty was giving me civ vibes.
Do you think Juliets and Golden are making alignments clear based on the first role only?

Isn't Scotty's first role bad?

If you're going to say that INH is good because of his first role, then you have to say Scott is bad because of his first role.

You're the one playing against the mods. You're basically saying "I don't think Golden and Juliets would give this power to a baddie."

I'm playing against INH and Scotty. I'm ignoring their powers and voting based on what they're saying.
Im in the camp that Scotty's first role was probably 3P. I don't know if that included a win con opposing the civs or not. Also, have no way of knowing if Scotty was a baddie with BTSC even if he WAS a baddie. And there is no way of knowing if baddies without BTSC come back Bad or Civ. The roles are pretty unclear. I am the one here who is basing my feelings about Scotty on the impression I have that he is trying to hunt baddies.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm
Insertnamehere has died. He was:
39: Tina Wesson (Survivor). Each night, you will choose one player to inject with an innoculation to a particular virus. Any player who is given the innoculation will be unable to catch the virus and will be cured if they already have it. You may not target the same player twice.

Carry on.
Jackofhearts2005 Could it be mafia, possibly. But it doesn't make sense to me if they did. It is the job of the mafia to decrease the opponents numbers to where they can control the lynch. So, if you gave this role to a mafia role they would essentially be only able to use it on themselves and that is it. Otherwise it's counter productive to their win con. So yeah, I see this as a civ role.

Now, that does not mean I trust INH now. It means I don't base my vote on what I thought previously about him because I feel like I was most likely wrong. So I dimiss entirely the suspicion I felt of INH 1.0 and INH 2.0 has not done something I find suspicious. In fact I find his frustration both understandable and seemingly sincere. This has nothing to do with his previous role. I don't give a shit about his previous role except the impact it has on how I felt about him while he was in it. Those suspicions seem to be unfounded. They therefore have no bearing. And you have yet to present a good reason for me to vote for him. I don't find him suspicious at the moment, nor do I find him trustworthy. I am not going to vote to lynch him just so we can kill someone which seems to be all your case is based upon.
:ponder:

I'll allow it.

But you're wrong about my case. :pout:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Then I have misunderstood why you are voting him. I will take a second look at your case sir.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

As a reminder, if we don’t get a lynch through today, we definitely won’t get one until at least day 7, because colonial “Driveshaft” bob will be taking his bow day 6.

I could vote Marmot. He certainly hasn’t given us anything to work with as of late. I mean, I can name 3 other people id rather be voting for that look scummier to me, but whatevs.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I still feel like Boom is a top option here, and don’t know why he wouldn’t be a top option today. We have no new information.

To chose that voted for him yesterday: why not him again today?
To [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] you said right after you missed the vote that you would have voted for Boom. I understand you want information. I also want information. And I’m getting more and more antsy that INH is exactly what we assume him to be, in which case we’re just doing the mafia’s job for them. I’m goig back and forth in my mind if this is the right thing to do.

I see Daisy believes Wilgy is a top option and is very adamant about it. Eh. again, I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on that. Sloonei is being a cold can of noodles and can’t make up his mind on anything apprently.

What we need in this tribe is an opening of minds and willing to be flexible.
Yoga might do the trick.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also does anyone have any idea as to why we didn’t have a NK last night? At first I assumed it was someone forgot to submit a kill but remembered that it would be randomized in that case.

Maybe someone is...unkillable? :shifty:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] hey buddy. Where’ve you been? Whatchu been up to? Can you do me a solid and link me to a game of yours where you’ve been bad and one where you’ve been good?

I’m not coming after you because I do like most of what you’re offering. My qualms with you come from your lack of follow up. The last phase, you asked a lot of questions but I’m not sure what you gained from the answers. You mentioned twice in the early game that you would do some IsOs of people. Did you? How did those turn our? How’s your mom? Do you like chocolate shakes or malts? See, that’s not really important, but I thought I’d ask just to appear like I’m interested.

I am keeping this in mind, from something you said a few days ago:
I avoid getting closely involved in the early days because I'm not comfortable with it specifically because I know that early game reads are my dump stat. I stand back and judge others thoughts and cases when they happen but I don't move things on my own. When I do, "fiddler on the roof" happens and I lose focus.
When does the early game stop and the real game begin? Have you lost focus yet?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] I hear your frustration. Can you tell me why you think I’m mafia? If we went on a date, what kind of wine would you buy me?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Scotty[/mention]

More and more antsy about INH. Why?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 pm @Scotty

I keep reading into role connotations and find it hard to believe that his first role wasn’t civ. His 2nd role could be anything, sure. It could even be a boat.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm Look, you can go through my posts I posted a whole thing linking to his ISOs from games where he was bad, good and even one 3P game. So I have already given my thoughts on this, I don't have time to repeat myself. Clearly I do think he is playing to his Baddie meta.

As to the first point, you don't get what I'm saying. My point is my previous suspicion is negated by the fact I feel he pretty much flipped a civ role. And I have nothing since then that leads me to suspect him for being bad. So why would I vote for him? Just because he is in a second role? Is that what you are suggesting? If so I disagree. To borrow a sentiment from 3J, I am not playing against the hosts, I am playing against the mafia. I will cast my vote against those I suspect, not against those that I think the theories on setup could possibly make bad. That is not a solid reason to do anything IMO. I am not voting for Scotty because I don't suspect Scotty's play like I do Marmot's. In fact, I have for the most part felt like Scotty was giving me civ vibes.
Do you think Juliets and Golden are making alignments clear based on the first role only?

If you're going to say that INH is good because of his first role, then you have to say Scott is bad because of his first role.

You're the one playing against the mods. You're basically saying "I don't think Golden and Juliets would give this power to a baddie."

I'm playing against INH and Scotty. I'm ignoring their powers and voting based on what they're saying.
I feel like ignoring revealed information is a dangerous approach. While I don't think the mods are necessarily going to give away alignments based on roles, I agree with Spacedaisy and Scotty that those roles can give valuable information and inform alignment probabilities. I think Daisy's analysis of INH is spot-on, and I won't be putting a vote on him today.

I also feel like discounting the value of first-lynch role reveals is a way for you to bolster your "lynch someone fully to see where it goes" approach, with which I've already expressed my disapproval. It's easy to paint today as a Day One if you don't think those first role flips are valuable.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I've decided that Jack's strategy is, in a vacuum, probably the most effective way to approach a lynch at this stage of this game. However, I don't like it for any of our options. I might even say I'd prefer to lynch niju over INH, but... that's not really something I want tk do.
The other tribe is better positioned to do this. They're the ones who've actually been lynching players. They have 5 days worth of votes they can analyze in the light of any given player's alignment. We've just been having presumed townies getting picked off night after night. But they can't currently read our discussion and, last I checked, they didn't really understand what was going on in this game.

If the assumption that colonialbob's Day 6 death will meege th
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Alright my phone posted that before I finished.

If we're right thay cbob's death will merge the tribes, then we'll all be one big happy family soon enough.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pmKylemii hey buddy.
hi
Where’ve you been? Whatchu been up to?
i think you're maybe being facetious but my life is going pretty well right now so I'm gonna tell you. I recently started working again at a job I really like and I also very recently invested in a Zelda game so that's been kind of a big deal for me
Can you do me a solid and link me to a game of yours where you’ve been bad and one where you’ve been good?
yeah I can do that, I guess. The civ part is easy. Um ... I'd suggest the recent phenon game (I was alpha) or fiddler on the roof, or maybe the first half of mortal kombat(with the caveat that technically I was indy, but I was playing towards a civilian victory for most of the game.)

As for mafia Kyle... that's tougher to answer. I haven't had a proper mafia role since like.... 2015. I was a solo mafia in speedchuck's owl train mystery speed mafia game, and I was mafia in a 48 hour long game on sc2 mafia
I’m not coming after you because I do like most of what you’re offering. My qualms with you come from your lack of follow up. The last phase, you asked a lot of questions but I’m not sure what you gained from the answers.
a lot of the time I'll ask questions for my own benefit. If I can better understand why other people believe the things they do then I can do a better job at knowing what people's motivations are.
You mentioned twice in the early game that you would do some IsOs of people. Did you? How did those turn our?
my first iso spree was what led me to question boomslang. iso round 2 didn't happen because of a combination of napping and zelda absorbing the day off that I was going to spend on isos
How’s your mom? Do you like chocolate shakes or malts? See, that’s not really important, but I thought I’d ask just to appear like I’m interested.
she's fine, I don't like shakes or malts.
I avoid getting closely involved in the early days because I'm not comfortable with it specifically because I know that early game reads are my dump stat. I stand back and judge others thoughts and cases when they happen but I don't move things on my own. When I do, "fiddler on the roof" happens and I lose focus.
When does the early game stop and the real game begin?
real game usually starts for me after the first mafia flip or the 2nd-3rd civ flip.
Have you lost focus yet?
what? no, I think you misunderstood my comment. I lost focus in fiddler cus I was put outside my comfort zone early. It skewed several of my viewpoints and led me to a lot of false conclusions early on.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:24 am Alright my phone posted that before I finished.

If we're right thay cbob's death will merge the tribes, then we'll all be one big happy family soon enough.
That’s definitely a big if. Because otherwise we’re looking at more of the same- innocent little boys and girls showing up with balloons to a gun fight.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:17 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pmKylemii hey buddy.
hi
Where’ve you been? Whatchu been up to?
i think you're maybe being facetious but my life is going pretty well right now so I'm gonna tell you. I recently started working again at a job I really like and I also very recently invested in a Zelda game so that's been kind of a big deal for me
Can you do me a solid and link me to a game of yours where you’ve been bad and one where you’ve been good?
yeah I can do that, I guess. The civ part is easy. Um ... I'd suggest the recent phenon game (I was alpha) or fiddler on the roof, or maybe the first half of mortal kombat(with the caveat that technically I was indy, but I was playing towards a civilian victory for most of the game.)

As for mafia Kyle... that's tougher to answer. I haven't had a proper mafia role since like.... 2015. I was a solo mafia in speedchuck's owl train mystery speed mafia game, and I was mafia in a 48 hour long game on sc2 mafia
I’m not coming after you because I do like most of what you’re offering. My qualms with you come from your lack of follow up. The last phase, you asked a lot of questions but I’m not sure what you gained from the answers.
a lot of the time I'll ask questions for my own benefit. If I can better understand why other people believe the things they do then I can do a better job at knowing what people's motivations are.
You mentioned twice in the early game that you would do some IsOs of people. Did you? How did those turn our?
my first iso spree was what led me to question boomslang. iso round 2 didn't happen because of a combination of napping and zelda absorbing the day off that I was going to spend on isos
How’s your mom? Do you like chocolate shakes or malts? See, that’s not really important, but I thought I’d ask just to appear like I’m interested.
she's fine, I don't like shakes or malts.
When does the early game stop and the real game begin?
real game usually starts for me after the first mafia flip or the 2nd-3rd civ flip.
Have you lost focus yet?
what? no, I think you misunderstood my comment. I lost focus in fiddler cus I was put outside my comfort zone early. It skewed several of my viewpoints and led me to a lot of false conclusions early on.
I’ll try and check out a couple of those games (if I can find your old baddie ones. Sounds obscure).

But I like your flouty attitude and forwardness at least. You sound honest and generally care-free. Kinda like sig, except more actively involved. Ya dig?

What are your current thoughts on jack’s philosophy of lynching someone for alignment flip’s sake as opposed to some old-fashioned sleuthing?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What if Boom, Wilgy and INH are all bad? Or at least 2 if them?

Does that sound plausible in this universe? 5-4 in the poll for Boom-Wilgy- odds are that at least one of them is bad and the other was either a counter train or all the good dogs piled on them because they were the best options.

It would be more bizarre if both are bad, since they both voted for each other. But at that point, bussing is an inevitability to save themselves and give themselves cred.

INH, tbh, is the wildcard of the 3.

Oh, and LoRab, who I’m still convinced is bad from day 2. She could easily be switched with INH on my list.

I vote we go back to the options from yesterday and find a higher majority this time to beat out Pikachu.

K?

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hey everyone, sorry for the absence. I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so I've been getting ahead on work and other things.

Putting a vote on inh now, because frankly I shouldn't be lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 amI’ll try and check out a couple of those games (if I can find your old baddie ones. Sounds obscure).
this is the sc2 game: link I'm the user Aardvarks Bark. Plz keep in mind that this game took place over the course of 3 days and was my first experience playing with any of these people

If you want to dig deeper there's probably some games on this website where I was bad but I don't actually remember any of them
But I like your flouty attitude and forwardness at least. You sound honest and generally care-free. Kinda like sig, except more actively involved. Ya dig?
"flouty"
What are your current thoughts on jack’s philosophy of lynching someone for alignment flip’s sake as opposed to some old-fashioned sleuthing?
I don't know.... I don't think I'd want to lynch someone purely for the sake of getting a flip out of it unless I was significantly inclined to believe they we're mafia for additional other reasons

this games format changes things a bit. everyone basically having 2 lives adds a whole new strategic layer, technically speaking we're not going to learn anything from most of the lynches we do. a lot depends on whether or not roles are curated by alignment or if they're just purely random.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the dictionary wrote:Definition of flout
transitive verb
: to treat with contemptuous disregard : scorn flouting the rules
intransitive verb
: to indulge in scornful behavior
Ah, you may flout and turn up your faces —Robert Browning
— flouter noun
oh. :^(
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:30 am Hey everyone, sorry for the absence. I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so I've been getting ahead on work and other things.

Putting a vote on inh now, because frankly I shouldn't be lynched.
Turnabout is fair play.

Marmot aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

I feel like ignoring revealed information is a dangerous approach. While I don't think the mods are necessarily going to give away alignments based on roles, I agree with Spacedaisy and Scotty that those roles can give valuable information and inform alignment probabilities. I think Daisy's analysis of INH is spot-on, and I won't be putting a vote on him today.

I also feel like discounting the value of first-lynch role reveals is a way for you to bolster your "lynch someone fully to see where it goes" approach, with which I've already expressed my disapproval. It's easy to paint today as a Day One if you don't think those first role flips are valuable.
This. I'll post more later when I'm not about to have a slew of kids rush into my room, but was gonna post something similar that expressed my distaste for lynching for the sake of getting a lynch, which is how I'm reading these recent guns for those of us with one measly life left.

Hey, Daisy - you said you posted preemptively about me, which is cool (I do it all the time!). Anything changed since then?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 pm

I keep reading into role connotations and find it hard to believe that his first role wasn’t civ. His 2nd role could be anything, sure. It could even be a boat.
So why does this cause you to hesitate in lynching INH?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm

“While I don't think the mods are necessarily going to give away alignments based on roles” I am entirely basing my reads on certain players based on roles as if I did in fact think the mods were giving away alignments based on roles.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 amI’ll try and check out a couple of those games (if I can find your old baddie ones. Sounds obscure).
this is the sc2 game: link I'm the user Aardvarks Bark. Plz keep in mind that this game took place over the course of 3 days and was my first experience playing with any of these people

If you want to dig deeper there's probably some games on this website where I was bad but I don't actually remember any of them
"flouty"
I don't know.... I don't think I'd want to lynch someone purely for the sake of getting a flip out of it unless I was significantly inclined to believe they we're mafia for additional other reasons

this games format changes things a bit. everyone basically having 2 lives adds a whole new strategic layer, technically speaking we're not going to learn anything from most of the lynches we do. a lot depends on whether or not roles are curated by alignment or if they're just purely random.
What is up with these constant straw man arguments?

From all this pushback, I’m assuming none of you ever vote in regular games until someone is copped, right?

We lynch players just to get flips and because we think they may be mafia every single day of every single game.

I’m proposing we do that here, too.

The alternative (which I guess a lot of people really like) is to lynch first lives, get no flips and eliminate no scum. Also, then the mafia kills off the one life townies.

Can someone please explain to me the advantage to never lynching anyone for real in this game?

Starting now, I will vote for anyone who implies I have said that lynching one life players is the only option. What I said was we should lynch a one life player or lynch the same two life player two days in a row. Town can’t eliminate scum if they’re too chicken shit to eliminate anybody at all.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That threat is aimed at [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] [mention]nijuukyugou[/mention] [mention]Boomslang[/mention] [mention]Scotty[/mention] [mention]Kylemii[/mention] [mention]Sloonei[/mention]

No more strawman busting.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Want to look at INH for a sec:

On day 4, he posts this helpful rainbow list after throwing a vote on SpaceDaisy- nothing suspect there:
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 pm Screw it, I'll make my own super-cool rainbow list. What it lacks in visual flair, it makes up for in readability.

JoH
Marmot

Ninja
Boomslang
Sloonei

Lorab
DrWilgy

Kylemii
Scotty

Sig
Spacedaisy
Then after being killed mid-day:
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm @insertnamehere @Marmot whatcha gonna do with them votes?
Nothin', as I think both Boomslang and Wilgy are civilians. I ain't choosing to be complicit in this shit.
Oh, I didn’t realize Wilgy changed from solid yellow to civilian.

‘Ain’t choosing to be complicit with this shit’ is a negative statement because it casts blame on everyone on a train and in the case of a mislynch, he would be taking no responsibility. But I see it as an egregious cop out. He could have voted Wilgy and would look none the wiser should Wilgy have been mislynched.

But he stuck to himself knowing we needed as many people piled on one person to potentially get a lynch across that day.

:shrug:

And what has he done today? Act frustrated and defensive, like he did on day 1. That entire deal on D1 is what made me suspicious of him initially in this game. And here he’s using the frustrated gambit and his assumed civilian affiliation with his past role.
Frustration could be from a mafia or civ perspective since- yes, we don’t have the strongest of proofs against him, and that’s unfair for anyone to have to defend against. But that doesn’t mean we’re on the wrong path here..

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I am lawful evil and Idgaf about emotional appeals. :keys:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:57 am
the dictionary wrote:Definition of flout
transitive verb
: to treat with contemptuous disregard : scorn flouting the rules
intransitive verb
: to indulge in scornful behavior
Ah, you may flout and turn up your faces —Robert Browning
— flouter noun
oh. :^(
Lol. Ok so maybe that was the wrong word. You’re not that harsh

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:42 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 pm

So why does this cause you to hesitate in lynching INH?
Some part of me wants to believe his first role is civ, as principle. The rest of me is like 1) he wasn’t outright NK’d 2) I already GTH read him as bad and 3) that first role could be indie with a weird wincon like ‘Innoculate this many people to win’

I hvent moved my vote.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I’m stuck phoneposting, so this is gonna be rough.
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:57 am Want to look at INH for a sec:

On day 4, he posts this helpful rainbow list after throwing a vote on SpaceDaisy- nothing suspect there:
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 pm Screw it, I'll make my own super-cool rainbow list. What it lacks in visual flair, it makes up for in readability.

JoH
Marmot

Ninja
Boomslang
Sloonei

Lorab
DrWilgy

Kylemii
Scotty

Sig
Spacedaisy
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm @insertnamehere @Marmot whatcha gonna do with them votes?
Nothin', as I think both Boomslang and Wilgy are civilians. I ain't choosing to be complicit in this shit.

I didn’t like Daisy’s case against him, and the whole split “smart Wilgy = bad/silly Wilgy = good” dichotomy that was being pushed. It was enough for me to go from not really having an opinion to thinking that the case against him was weak sauce and not worth voting for.

‘Ain’t choosing to be complicit with this shit’ is a negative statement because it casts blame on everyone on a train and in the case of a mislynch, he would be taking no responsibility. But I see it as an egregious cop out. He could have voted Wilgy and would look none the wiser should Wilgy have been mislynched.

But he stuck to himself knowing we needed as many people piled on one person to potentially get a lynch across that day.

alright, this is just “INH has a different opinion on game mechanics than me, and didn’t go along with my plan, ergo SUSPICIOUS.” I’m willing to debate the merits of getting a lynch across versus not getting one across. Unfortunately, it seems like the people who really really want to get one across are inclined towards trying to lynch those (me, Boomslang) who disagree.

And what has he done today? Act frustrated and defensive, like he did on day 1. That entire deal on D1 is what made me suspicious of him initially in this game. And here he’s using the frustrated gambit and his assumed civilian affiliation with his past role.
Frustration could be from a mafia or civ perspective since- yes, we don’t have the strongest of proofs against him, and that’s unfair for anyone to have to defend against. But that doesn’t mean we’re on the wrong path here..
these two paragraphs are downright meaningless. Yes, I’m fuxking frustrated with this game, because I don’t have much time for mafia right now, and the time I do have is 70% going towards the game I’m hosting. Meanwhile, people are going against me with shitty nonsense meaningless cases that you yourself admit aren’t very strong, and none of my responses are seemingly getting through.

If it looks like I’m salty, it’s because I am.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am

"flouty"

From all this pushback, I’m assuming none of you ever vote in regular games until someone is copped, right?

We lynch players just to get flips and because we think they may be mafia every single day of every single game.

The alternative (which I guess a lot of people really like) is to lynch first lives, get no flips and eliminate no scum. Also, then the mafia kills off the one life townies.

Can someone please explain to me the advantage to never lynching anyone for real in this game?

Starting now, I will vote for anyone who implies I have said that lynching one life players is the only option. What I said was we should lynch a one life player or lynch the same two life player two days in a row. Town can’t eliminate scum if they’re too chicken shit to eliminate anybody at all.
I’m not diametrically opposed to ever lynching anyone “for real.” I just think that the extra lives give us more time to decide on worthy targets for elimination. And, y’know, build real cases. I want to vote for people who have cases against them I agree with. I’m not voting for someone I’m not convinced is bad, just to eliminate someone.

You keep using game mechanics as a distraction to cover up the fact that your lynch train against me is based on nothing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 pm I’m stuck phoneposting, so this is gonna be rough.
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:57 am Want to look at INH for a sec:

JoH
Marmot

Ninja
Boomslang
Sloonei

Lorab
DrWilgy

Kylemii
Scotty

Sig
Spacedaisy

I didn’t like Daisy’s case against him, and the whole split “smart Wilgy = bad/silly Wilgy = good” dichotomy that was being pushed. It was enough for me to go from not really having an opinion to thinking that the case against him was weak sauce and not worth voting for.

alright, this is just “INH has a different opinion on game mechanics than me, and didn’t go along with my plan, ergo SUSPICIOUS.” I’m willing to debate the merits of getting a lynch across versus not getting one across. Unfortunately, it seems like the people who really really want to get one across are inclined towards trying to lynch those (me, Boomslang) who disagree.

these two paragraphs are downright meaningless. Yes, I’m fuxking frustrated with this game, because I don’t have much time for mafia right now, and the time I do have is 70% going towards the game I’m hosting. Meanwhile, people are going against me with shitty nonsense meaningless cases that you yourself admit aren’t very strong, and none of my responses are seemingly getting through.

If it looks like I’m salty, it’s because I am.
Ok, that's fair. I did miss your response to Daisy's case on Wilgy in my ISO.

If you weren't doing a baseless NO-U save vote against Marmot, who last I saw you viewed as good, who else would you be voting for today?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

And yeah, I must admit that I do have a stubborn personality. I tend to unconsciously play Quarterback in co-op board games, so that's seeping out like a block of cheese 6 weeks past the expiration date.

I want information and I want to feel confident in my reads, but like many have said, we're in perpetual Day 1 mode of sorts with only NKs and your midday death to show for it. I'm just feigning confidence to make me feel better about what's going on.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 3

Post by insertnamehere »

THE CASE AGAINST SIG

this is gonna have to be multiple posts because ISO’ing someone is fucking impossible on phones
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
To elaborate, he went from town reading Sloonei to voting for him to once again to town reading him to calling his posts scummy a couple hours later. All the while, he was accusing Sloonei of “flip-flipping.” He later provided some explanations that were more than a little half-assed, IMO.

Early in the game, he called Sloonei’s case against me weak and thought it reflected poorly on Sloonei.

By Day 4, he’s completely reversed that opinion, and considers me one of his top suspects because he now believes Sloonei’s early case against me was “good.”

He just hasn’t really shown any consistency in his reads and views, seemingly changing them depending on which way the wind blows. He hasn’t contributed much if any substantial content to the thread, and is by far the strongest candidate for today’s lynch, in my opinion.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Maybe not a multiple-post case, as I erroneously stated in my last post. more like a summary of my read through of his posts. I ain’t going through and quoting each individual post on my phone, though I may later.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm

"flouty"

I’m not diametrically opposed to ever lynching anyone “for real.” I just think that the extra lives give us more time to decide on worthy targets for elimination. And, y’know, build real cases. I want to vote for people who have cases against them I agree with. I’m not voting for someone I’m not convinced is bad, just to eliminate someone.

You keep using game mechanics as a distraction to cover up the fact that your lynch train against me is based on nothing.
Straw man. Nobody has advocated for voting purely to get a flip or that you should vote for someone you don't suspect. You've got my vote until one of us dies.

Furthermore, your continued attempts to deflect the case against you (which is now "based on nothing" you say) only serve to bolster my suspicions. A townie wouldn't treat this so dishonestly.

Furthermore, it is Day 5 and you are advocating additional time to scumhunt without flips. Yet you've put forth basically no case. How many days further do you need to find scum before you want to eliminate a player?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Straw man. Nobody has advocated for voting purely to get a flip or that you should vote for someone you don't suspect. You've got my vote until one of us dies.

oh fuck off. Yesterday I got tons of shit for voting for Daisy instead of Wilgy or Boomslang.

Furthermore, your continued attempts to deflect the case against you (which is now "based on nothing" you say) only serve to bolster my suspicions. A townie wouldn't treat this so dishonestly.

oh fuck off. Once again empty over-reactionary bluster. YOU HAVE NO CASE. I’ll say it again and again. YOU HAVE NO CASE. If that’s deflection or whatever, I don’t give a fuck

Furthermore, it is Day 5 and you are advocating additional time to scumhunt without flips. Yet you've put forth basically no case. How many days further do you need to find scum before you want to eliminate a player?
0. I think sig is scum and that people should vote for him. Did you miss my post?

At this point, I’m considering just ignoring JoH’s posts. If it gets me lynched, so be it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I’m gonna go do some yoga and meditate
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:19 pm Image
the fuck

why

i didnt mean to post that picture.

I do agree that sig has been hanging back in the background tho. We all kinda wrote him off after that one time we almost lynched him, and he's just sitting back in his chair with his hands behind his head whistling.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am I can see the case on Wilgy for sure, but I really hate that Slang is pushing that he silenced himself or pretended to be silenced. That's a scummy thing to do and I do have the feeling that the mafia can easily jump on a Wilgy Wagon.
the hell is this post.

Lazy.
sig wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:14 pm About to go into my next class so let I'll be throwing down a vote for wilgy. I'll catch up and hopefully be around to change it if i see fit.

[VOTE: dr.wilgy] aubergine

I'll be more active after Thursday promise
It's after thursday.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Straw man. Nobody has advocated for voting purely to get a flip or that you should vote for someone you don't suspect. You've got my vote until one of us dies.
Um, you did? At least how I read this with the "vote out anyone."
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 pm As long as we don’t actually lynch a player all the way dead and learn an alignment, we are not trading lynches for nightkills. We are giving away free nightkills.

That doesn’t mean there are only a few players we can lynch today. We could vote out anyone but if they have two lives now, we should then vote them out again tomorrow.
Also, what you called Kyle's strawman argument is basically exactly what you said in the post calling it a strawman.
Kyle: "I don't think I'd want to lynch someone purely for the sake of getting a flip out of it unless I was significantly inclined to believe they we're mafia for additional other reasons."
You: "We lynch players just to get flips and because we think they may be mafia every single day of every single game. I’m proposing we do that here, too."
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

INH wrote:this is gonna have to be multiple posts because ISO’ing someone is fucking impossible on phones
truly tho

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

INH, I like you but I think you are bad. :beer:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JoH, what do you think about sig?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:19 pm Image
the fuck

why

i didnt mean to post that picture.

I do agree that sig has been hanging back in the background tho. We all kinda wrote him off after that one time we almost lynched him, and he's just sitting back in his chair with his hands behind his head whistling.
Pretend I shooped a Wolverine crush meme with Scotty’s head and the picture is INH’s avatar.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

"flouty"

chill. i was responding to Scotty's interpretation of your argument, if your own argument is more nuanced than that then cool, if your philosophy is, as Scotty says it 'we should prioritize lynching people who will give us flips' then yes I disagree with that.

but I don't think limiting our lynch options only to the people who've died already is a good idea unless we specifically suspect someone who's died already for regular reasons. no one on this tribe has ever died by lynch.

lynching only people who can actually die gives the magia too much control, especially when the only players who've died, died by nightkills, and also i guess inh who died mysteriously during the day. but on the flip side being afraid of lynching people for real also gives the mafia too much control as then they'd have a monopoly on making real death happen.

the bottom line is that we should still just lynch people we suspect, with a healthy balance of first deaths and permadeaths depending on what the situation demands. sticking to one philosophy or the other creates a thread culture that benefits mafia. this isn't an either/or situation.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”