Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 6

Post by Sloonei »

Why not lynch Marmot?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sig »

I'd be down for a Marmot lynch.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

We have too many Stubborn Stevens on this team lol
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why not lynch Marmot?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 pm Why not lynch Marmot?
:shrug2:

No reason. You seem as convinced that he’s bad as Daisy is that Wilgy is bad as I’m convinced that LoRab is bad.

Why not that wart on the back of my neck?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you have a case on LoRab? I have not seen one yet. She has been our least vocal tribe member, but I don't attribute this to her alignment one way or the other, and I do not blame her for it. It seems like she's just been busy. I am open to a case on her, but at this point I'm firmly reading her as town.

This place is empty today. I think everyone's just twiddling their thumbs waiting for colonialbob to die and to trigger whatever his death will trigger. Meh. This tribe desperately needs something to happen at this point. we've just been bystanders while the other tribe plays their game so far. I'm gonna continue voting for Marmot.

I expected there to be another challenge today. I was gonna recommend we throw it to let one of their players have a look at our thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Please note Day 6 will end at 6:02 pm eastern standard time today, Monday March 12th. We will delete the poll at that time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:24 am Do you have a case on LoRab? I have not seen one yet. She has been our least vocal tribe member, but I don't attribute this to her alignment one way or the other, and I do not blame her for it. It seems like she's just been busy. I am open to a case on her, but at this point I'm firmly reading her as town.

This place is empty today. I think everyone's just twiddling their thumbs waiting for colonialbob to die and to trigger whatever his death will trigger. Meh. This tribe desperately needs something to happen at this point. we've just been bystanders while the other tribe plays their game so far. I'm gonna continue voting for Marmot.

I expected there to be another challenge today. I was gonna recommend we throw it to let one of their players have a look at our thread.
“Firmly” reading her as town? Wow. I don’t know how you can pull that rabbit out of a hat.

My case is flimsy to be sure. But they all are pretty breezy, aren’t they?
She was busy with RL stuff early on, yes, but that’s over, and nothing changed in her play style. She’s patiently ignoring me which is fine, because I’m like that chihuahua that won’t stop jumping up trying to get attention. Annoying, but ignorable.

all I’m asking from her is to make some cases on people. You even said before you had your revelation that she’s hadn’t given anything you would consider to be town. So like... :keys:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 am Please note Day 6 will end at 6:02 pm eastern standard time today, Monday March 12th. We will delete the poll at that time.
So the poll is a placebo is what you’re saying

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I expected there to be another challenge today. I was gonna recommend we throw it to let one of their players have a look at our thread.
Why do you think that? We already have a lynch immunity of sorts built in to the game, which would disregard the last challenge if it were to be played today

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I also don't believe at this point Lorab is civ, I believe at the very least she's being blendy and just throwing her vote on me.

For now I'll vote for Marmot
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:28 am
LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am Looks like niju has been silenced. Not sure if powers go through the night of death, or if there is another silencer.

I also don't see a reason why we wouldn't try to lynch the same as last round. In fact, sig has seemed even more suspish since then. So, as aubergine and babaganoush are delicious, vote sig
That's super scummy. Lynch someone who's last life was an obvious civ even though he was nightkillled.
Obligatory "first roles being civ in previous games doesn't mean you are civ now or even civ yesterday."

Heck, the mafia is the Evil Evens, which wasn't even a mafia team in CC123 and LC's first role was Commander Shepherd, towniest of all Mass Effect townies.

Quit with this nonsense.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 am
LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am Looks like niju has been silenced. Not sure if powers go through the night of death, or if there is another silencer.

I also don't see a reason why we wouldn't try to lynch the same as last round. In fact, sig has seemed even more suspish since then. So, as aubergine and babaganoush are delicious, vote sig
That's super scummy. Lynch someone who's last life was an obvious civ even though he was nightkillled.
Obligatory "first roles being civ in previous games doesn't mean you are civ now or even civ yesterday."

Heck, the mafia is the Evil Evens, which wasn't even a mafia team in CC123 and LC's first role was Commander Shepherd, towniest of all Mass Effect townies.

Quit with this nonsense.
Good point

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Not that it matters today, but I’ll throw my vote on anyone with a good case tomorrow <provided I’m still alive>

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 pm Sig's an odd kill choice.
It's wine or a misdirect.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

I like Sloonei's Marmot case, here.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:05 pm My first major concern with Marmot was that he was making empty prods of players to appear as a driving force in the game, but he never followed up on these prods at all. Here's a couple early examples:
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm All of them.

Why do you have so many folks colored at such an early juncture in the game? :confused: :confused:
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:46 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm I do like that Sloonie is posting and trying to get people talking, but as of right now I just don't think there's much to talk about. However, I'd put him down as a light civ read.
What do you think will get people talking?
Followed two hours later with this:
Marmot wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm Haha, I forgot to come back and move my vote. XD
And no visible attempt anywhere to do anything with the questions he had asked previously, giving me reason to doubt that he cared at all about his own line of investigation.

The first time I remember stating suspicion against him, and his response was to take cover behind his meta:
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm @Marmot has not made a single post that I can't see coming from a mafia member. That's not a very good look. I also don't really know where he stands on anything. He just keeps self-voting and making small observations here and there.
Have you met me?

tries to motivate himself to play mafia, but this place smells like old shrimp
Uninspiring.

Here's another collection of mid-game posts where he seems to be trying to check off the "Active participant" box without really producing much:
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:44 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

If what you muse about is correct Scotty, that means you have a higher likelihood of being anti-town than any other player in this thread.
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm Boomslang, who're you voting for today?

Why do you require a read on yourself from nijuu?
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 pm @insertnamehere where you at? I haven't seen a post from you yet today, and you even wrote a song yesterday.
Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:22 pm I'll comment that these folks haven't posted yet today, and we've < 6 hours left.

@DrWilgy
@insertnamehere
@nijuukyugou
@sig

Marmot attempts to pump everyone up like he's JaggedJimmyJay

This is the Game of Champions folks! Let's get it together. Pretend that someone shit in your cornflakes or something.
Maybe it's unfair of me to label them as such, but these all feel like hollow prods to me. I don't see him doing much with the responses he gets and they don't feel particularly directed toward anything.

If there's a specific incident I take issue with, it was this small exchange the two of us had a few days ago (I've wrapped the whole thing in quote brackets for visual appeal):
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm This is dumb. Stop suspecting me.
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Places a joking vote on me. Not furreal.
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 pm This is dumb. Stop suspecting me.
Do you actually suspect me?
:haha:

No. The above vote is a joke.
I asked directly whether or not he actually suspected me. "No" was his answer. Marmot does not suspect me. Noted.
So I followed up:
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:29 pm Marmot, you placed a joke vote on me and then removed it. This leads me to believe you think I'm town. Why?
Why would this lead you to believe that I think you're civilian.

This and that are not the same thing.
I was lead to believe that you think I am civilian because you stated "no" when asked if you suspect me. Sure you can say I'm a null read. But I refuse to accept that at the juncture of the game in which this exchange took place, especially when I have ~142 posts. "No" suspicion for this player should indicate a town read, but Marmot won't commit to that stance. I'm really just trying to get him to follow up on the read he seemed to hint at earlier, but he refuses to do so.
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:29 pm Marmot, you placed a joke vote on me and then removed it. This leads me to believe you think I'm town. Why?

Linki: Oops, got distracted by work. Meant to post this a while ago.
You had a chance to vote for me but did not. What is your read of me?
Currently, I think you're abstracting my vote for you into something bigger. I voted for you as a joke. That's it. I also don't understand what you mean by "I had a chance to vote for you". You're really reaching on this one.
I don't think I was reaching seeing as I was directly responding to a read you had hinted at a few minutes earlier. This seems like the marmot trying to weasel out of a read.
If I were to articulate my suspicion of Marmot in one word, it would be listless. It feels like he's going through the motions of being a townie, but without the direction or the emotion of a player who is genuinely trying to solve the game.

Vote Marmot, 2018.
But I'm not a fan of this.
Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm Ok.

To play devil’s advocate though, you also basically took cover under your meta for being a townie.

And wait a tic- how is it that Marmot is now your top scumread for a few days? I feel like you’ve flitted around from one candidate to another every day, and haven’t held any firm beliefs carried over after each lynch. Until Marmot.

And frankly, I’m not seeing it. He could be bad, yes. But what you’re saying about his posts can be attributed to many players on this tribe.

Why haven’t mafia tried to kill you yet? I mean they very well could have on N4, but if I were mafia I would have wanted to kill you in the 1st few cycles with how much you’ve been posting and infusing the thread.

But why haven’t you been NK’d yet?

:ponder:
Tell me about the many players who are going through the motions.

Name a player that the "why haven't you been NK'd yet" accusation does not apply to. The mafia has eliminated zero players.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm very sorry guys, the last couple days since coming back from my sister's place have been filled with work, making plans for a move across country and celebrating the new job he just accepted since I wasn't here when it happened. I don't have a lot of time today before work, so I'm not sure if I will get caught up before I leave this afternoon. Anyone want to give me a Cliff's Notes version of the last 48 hours?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 am I'm very sorry guys, the last couple days since coming back from my sister's place have been filled with work, making plans for a move across country and celebrating the new job he just accepted since I wasn't here when it happened. I don't have a lot of time today before work, so I'm not sure if I will get caught up before I leave this afternoon. Anyone want to give me a Cliff's Notes version of the last 48 hours?
So far, the town has eliminated just LC via lynch and he was bad, the mafia has eliminated nobody via nightkill, nobody has achieved any sex based win conditions and it is Day 6. :mafia:

Which is fine. I'm good with a slow start cause of how busy I've been between hosting and the constant trips to doctor/vet/hospital my family has experience in the past month. It just means the recap is pretty short.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Derp I can't read.

EBWOP [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention]

So far, the town has eliminated just LC via lynch and he was bad, the mafia has eliminated nobody via nightkill, nobody has achieved any sex based win conditions and it is Day 6. :mafia:

Which is fine. I'm good with a slow start cause of how busy I've been between hosting and the constant trips to doctor/vet/hospital my family has experience in the past month. It just means the recap is pretty short.

There you go.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh yeah, Day 6 cbob dies. Ok. Well I am going to throw my vote on Wilgy to show that I still stand behind my belief in his evil alignment this game, seeing as how votes are pointless this time round.

VOTE DrWilgy aubergine.

linki: thanks for the recap Jack! :hugs:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:19 am
Sloonei wrote:I expected there to be another challenge today. I was gonna recommend we throw it to let one of their players have a look at our thread.
Why do you think that? We already have a lynch immunity of sorts built in to the game, which would disregard the last challenge if it were to be played today
what?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:19 am
what?
Cause we can't get enough votes to actually lynch over here. Ergo, lynch immunity. :haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

How mad would Pikachu be if we didn't even try to find mafia and just let them have all the votes and then when questioned were like "Well, you guys seemed to be doing just fine on your own."
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm How mad would Pikachu be if we didn't even try to find mafia and just let them have all the votes and then when questioned were like "Well, you guys seemed to be doing just fine on your own."
I won’t spill if you won’t :noble:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am I like Sloonei's Marmot case, here.
[quote=Sloonei post_id=420868 time=<a href="tel:1520791501">1520791501</a> user_id=405]
My first major concern with Marmot was that he was making empty prods of players to appear as a driving force in the game, but he never followed up on these prods at all. Here's a couple early examples:
[quote=Marmot post_id=414476 time=<a href="tel:1519579101">1519579101</a> user_id=288]
All of them.

Why do you have so many folks colored at such an early juncture in the game? :confused: :confused:
[quote=Marmot post_id=414638 time=<a href="tel:1519591575">1519591575</a> user_id=288]
[quote=sig post_id=414484 time=<a href="tel:1519581129">1519581129</a> user_id=411]
I do like that Sloonie is posting and trying to get people talking, but as of right now I just don't think there's much to talk about. However, I'd put him down as a light civ read.
[/quote]

What do you think will get people talking?
[/quote]
Followed two hours later with this:
[quote=Marmot post_id=414734 time=<a href="tel:1519598793">1519598793</a> user_id=288]
Haha, I forgot to come back and move my vote. XD
[/quote]And no visible attempt anywhere to do anything with the questions he had asked previously, giving me reason to doubt that he cared at all about his own line of investigation.

The first time I remember stating suspicion against him, and his response was to take cover behind his meta:
[quote=Marmot post_id=416848 time=<a href="tel:1520010883">1520010883</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=416845 time=<a href="tel:1520010374">1520010374</a> user_id=405]
@Marmot has not made a single post that I can't see coming from a mafia member. That's not a very good look. I also don't really know where he stands on anything. He just keeps self-voting and making small observations here and there.
[/quote]

Have you met me?

tries to motivate himself to play mafia, but this place smells like old shrimp
[/quote]Uninspiring.

Here's another collection of mid-game posts where he seems to be trying to check off the "Active participant" box without really producing much:
[quote=Marmot post_id=417108 time=<a href="tel:1520095453">1520095453</a> user_id=288]
[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

If what you muse about is correct Scotty, that means you have a higher likelihood of being anti-town than any other player in this thread.
[/quote]
[quote=Marmot post_id=417111 time=<a href="tel:1520096371">1520096371</a> user_id=288]
Boomslang, who're you voting for today?

Why do you require a read on yourself from nijuu?
[/quote]
[quote=Marmot post_id=417113 time=<a href="tel:1520096631">1520096631</a> user_id=288]
@insertnamehere where you at? I haven't seen a post from you yet today, and you even wrote a song yesterday.
[/quote]
[quote=Marmot post_id=417118 time=<a href="tel:1520097740">1520097740</a> user_id=288]
I'll comment that these folks haven't posted yet today, and we've < 6 hours left.

@DrWilgy
@insertnamehere
@nijuukyugou
@sig

Marmot attempts to pump everyone up like he's JaggedJimmyJay

This is the Game of Champions folks! Let's get it together. Pretend that someone shit in your cornflakes or something.
[/quote]
Maybe it's unfair of me to label them as such, but these all feel like hollow prods to me. I don't see him doing much with the responses he gets and they don't feel particularly directed toward anything.

If there's a specific incident I take issue with, it was this small exchange the two of us had a few days ago (I've wrapped the whole thing in quote brackets for visual appeal):
[quote=Marmot post_id=415997 time=<a href="tel:1519837851">1519837851</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=415681 time=<a href="tel:1519765225">1519765225</a> user_id=405]
This is dumb. Stop suspecting me.
[/quote]
Places a joking vote on me. Not furreal.

[quote=Marmot post_id=416015 time=<a href="tel:1519838916">1519838916</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=416011 time=<a href="tel:1519838605">1519838605</a> user_id=405]
[quote=Marmot post_id=415997 time=<a href="tel:1519837851">1519837851</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=415681 time=<a href="tel:1519765225">1519765225</a> user_id=405]
This is dumb. Stop suspecting me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you actually suspect me?
[/quote]

:haha:

No. The above vote is a joke.
[/quote]I asked directly whether or not he actually suspected me. "No" was his answer. Marmot does not suspect me. Noted.
So I followed up:
[quote=Marmot post_id=416222 time=<a href="tel:1519856925">1519856925</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=416175 time=<a href="tel:1519853362">1519853362</a> user_id=405]
Marmot, you placed a joke vote on me and then removed it. This leads me to believe you think I'm town. Why?
[/quote]

[/quote]I was lead to believe that you think I am civilian because you stated "no" when asked if you suspect me. Sure you can say I'm a null read. But I refuse to accept that at the juncture of the game in which this exchange took place, especially when I have ~142 posts. "No" suspicion for this player should indicate a town read, but Marmot won't commit to that stance. I'm really just trying to get him to follow up on the read he seemed to hint at earlier, but he refuses to do so.
[quote=Marmot post_id=416308 time=<a href="tel:1519864005">1519864005</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=416228 time=<a href="tel:1519857108">1519857108</a> user_id=405]
[quote=Marmot post_id=416222 time=<a href="tel:1519856925">1519856925</a> user_id=288]
[quote=Sloonei post_id=416175 time=<a href="tel:1519853362">1519853362</a> user_id=405]
Marmot, you placed a joke vote on me and then removed it. This leads me to believe you think I'm town. Why?
[/quote]

Linki: Oops, got distracted by work. Meant to post this a while ago.
[/quote]

You had a chance to vote for me but did not. What is your read of me?
[/quote]

Currently, I think you're abstracting my vote for you into something bigger. I voted for you as a joke. That's it. I also don't understand what you mean by "I had a chance to vote for you". You're really reaching on this one.
[/quote]I don't think I was reaching seeing as I was directly responding to a read you had hinted at a few minutes earlier. This seems like the marmot trying to weasel out of a read.[/quote]

If I were to articulate my suspicion of Marmot in one word, it would be listless. It feels like he's going through the motions of being a townie, but without the direction or the emotion of a player who is genuinely trying to solve the game.

Vote Marmot, 2018.
[/quote][/spoiler]

But I'm not a fan of this.

[quote=Scotty post_id=420897 time=<a href="tel:1520794623">1520794623</a> user_id=410]
Ok.

To play devil’s advocate though, you also basically took cover under your meta for being a townie.

And wait a tic- how is it that Marmot is now your top scumread for a few days? I feel like you’ve flitted around from one candidate to another every day, and haven’t held any firm beliefs carried over after each lynch. Until Marmot.

And frankly, I’m not seeing it. He could be bad, yes. But what you’re saying about his posts can be attributed to many players on this tribe.

Why haven’t mafia tried to kill you yet? I mean they very well could have on N4, but if I were mafia I would have wanted to kill you in the 1st few cycles with how much you’ve been posting and infusing the thread.

But why haven’t you been NK’d yet?

:ponder:
[/quote]

Name a player that the "why haven't you been NK'd yet" accusation does not apply to. The mafia has eliminated zero players.
[/quote]
I don’t feel like telling more of wallflowering people. They’re self explanatory.

And I’m specifically talking about Sloonei not being NK’d because, tbh, I think he’s been looking the towniest in terms of engagement with the thread. Next to you, I’d rank him pretty high on my town list. It just got me thinking is all.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh ffs why is that happening whenever I use multiple quotes in a post now? I’d like to think I’m not tech-unsavvy, so what am I doing wrong?

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:18 am

Quit with this nonsense.
Good point
My point is we are seeing hypocrisy here. Everyone else who had been killed up until this point was more or less given a free pass since mafia killed them. Now suddenly this isn't the case, but it's only not the case for me.

It's scummy that your assuming my kill was wine/misdirect. Why are you trying to take control of the narrative surrounding kills when you have no idea why scum did what they did? Unless you submitted the mafia night action.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'd switch to Wilgy if needed but would prefer Marmot.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm Oh ffs why is that happening whenever I use multiple quotes in a post now? I’d like to think I’m not tech-unsavvy, so what am I doing wrong?
I think you're missing a beginning or end quote or spoiler somewhere.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty, probably wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

I don’t feel like telling more of wallflowering people. They’re self explanatory.

And I’m specifically talking about Sloonei not being NK’d because, tbh, I think he’s been looking the towniest in terms of engagement with the thread. Next to you, I’d rank him pretty high on my town list. It just got me thinking is all.
Fixed it.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

So... are we just going to forget the consensus we had around sig yesterday? Might not matter because colonialbob, but placing a continuation aubergine. Vote sig.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:35 pm
Scotty, probably wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

Fixed it.
I forgot to respond to the fixed quote.

"Bleh"

" :rolleyes: "

Anyway, Vote Marmot
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry I wasn't really on yesterday--I was clobbered with a migraine. Which is mostly gone now. So yay.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:37 pm Plus they'll want civs down to one life, y'all weren't getting me lynched and they knew I wasn't one of them.

I suggest we start looking at people who are both suspicious and haven't been killed yet as well as the people who were killed night 1 and 2
If there are 2 mafias, which seems to be the case, how would mafia know that?
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:24 am Do you have a case on LoRab? I have not seen one yet. She has been our least vocal tribe member, but I don't attribute this to her alignment one way or the other, and I do not blame her for it. It seems like she's just been busy. I am open to a case on her, but at this point I'm firmly reading her as town.

“Firmly” reading her as town? Wow. I don’t know how you can pull that rabbit out of a hat.

My case is flimsy to be sure. But they all are pretty breezy, aren’t they?
She was busy with RL stuff early on, yes, but that’s over, and nothing changed in her play style. She’s patiently ignoring me which is fine, because I’m like that chihuahua that won’t stop jumping up trying to get attention. Annoying, but ignorable.

all I’m asking from her is to make some cases on people. You even said before you had your revelation that she’s hadn’t given anything you would consider to be town. So like... :keys:
If I had cases to make, I'd be making them. And I'm not really ignoring you--but this is the first time you've really said anything substantial about why you think I'm bad, so I had nothing to respond to. You're wrong about me, and that's really all I can say even now. I've recently been suspicious of niju and sig, both of which I explained my reasons why. Niju's response made enough sense to me that she's been put on the back burner for a while. I'm still suspicious of sig. I'm willing to entertain suspicion of wilgy or marmot--I need to reread those posts.

sig wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am I also don't believe at this point Lorab is civ, I believe at the very least she's being blendy and just throwing her vote on me.

For now I'll vote for Marmot
I am civ. I voted for you because I suspect you--and you haven't responded to anything that's been said about you, which only makes me suspect you more. As I said, I'm willing to consider other suspicions. But yes, I suspect you. And which is it--that I'm being blendy or that I'm voting for you? Because I think suspicion of me started when I didn't follow either of the bandwagons on day 1--which is kind of the opposite of blendy, no?

sig wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Quit with this nonsense.
Good point
My point is we are seeing hypocrisy here. Everyone else who had been killed up until this point was more or less given a free pass since mafia killed them. Now suddenly this isn't the case, but it's only not the case for me.

It's scummy that your assuming my kill was wine/misdirect. Why are you trying to take control of the narrative surrounding kills when you have no idea why scum did what they did? Unless you submitted the mafia night action.
That's not accurate. I suspected niju, who also used up one life. I haven't really taken into consideration first lives in my determining whom I find suspicious. To me, it's about behavior, tone, and word choice.

And why is any worse for jack to speculate about the kill choice than for you to do so? It's all speculation--but that's what we do in this game. I don't think that people theorizing makes them seem bad or not. He wasn't trying to take control of the narative any more than you were. Why are you so defensive about it?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:37 pm So... are we just going to forget the consensus we had around sig yesterday? Might not matter because colonialbob, but placing a continuation aubergine. Vote sig.
Yes. Yes we are. Vote Marmot instead.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot case

I'll be at work the rest of the day. Even if we can't lynch anyone again today, I think Marmot's our best option. I recommend piling votes on him just in case.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Quit with this nonsense.
Good point

Cause I'm clearly town so of course the mafia killed me. You almost got lynched yesterday with an overwhelming number of votes.

Why would the mafia kill you? :evileye:

Cause wine or a misdirect.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

After reading Sloonei’s ISO of today, I can’t tell if he’s suspicious of anyone in this game.

Oh, and vote Marmot 2018 aubergine in case this whole cbob thing doesn’t pan out.

Lol we don’t even know if cbob is civ or not at this juncture

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm After reading Sloonei’s ISO of today, I can’t tell if he’s suspicious of anyone in this game.

Oh, and vote Marmot 2018 aubergine in case this whole cbob thing doesn’t pan out.

I'm suspicious of marmot. This is a good vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To elaborate on sig a little: he's been all over the map, "inconsistent" with no seeming regard for making sense or appearing good. I think these are mostly the reasons people have used to justify voting for him. But I see all of that behavior and read him as civilian. He doesn't care how he looks. He's playing a fast and loose game that I think is indicative of a civilian who is trying to feel things out in a thread with very little tangible evidence. I don't want to vote for him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm After reading Sloonei’s ISO of today, I can’t tell if he’s suspicious of anyone in this game.

:rolleyes: no shit Sherlock

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm

:rolleyes: no shit Sherlock
Forgot the :cloud9:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Guess what? You have until no later than 6:02 pm eastern standard time today to vote in the poll. :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

Nothing sig has done has made me suspect him less, so, may as well throw a vote his direction. :shrug:

sig aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

Poll is closed. Post coming, stand by.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

The mood was listless. People were without energy, feeling the impeding inevitability of a colonialbob lynch.

“Make Cerberus Great Again” campaigned sloonei “Vote Marmot 2018”.

There were a few muffled cheers. Also, a handful of snores. The truth was, Cerberus really just didn’t see the point. They’d failed to achieve anything in the previous 5 days – why would today be any different?

Day 6 has ended. colonialbob has been lynched. He was:
13: Charlie Pace (Lost Again: Season 3). At the beginning of the game, it will be announced that you are Charlie Pace and that you will die at the end of day 6. In reality, this is not true. You are Charlie Pace, but your actual role is to curse the person who casts the final vote to lynch you or who nightkills you. If that person is in their 1st role, their vote will count zero and they will be unable to win while they remain in that role. If that person is in their 2nd role, they will be strapped to a bomb vest and will have to complete three tasks by day end to defuse the vest.

It is now night 6. It will last for 24 hours, meaning you have 22 hours to get your PMs in
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

All the cool stuff is happening over in Pikachu tribe. We’re more like Bidoof over here.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm All the cool stuff is happening over in Pikachu tribe. We’re more like Bidoof over here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nijuukyugou wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm All the cool stuff is happening over in Pikachu tribe. We’re more like Bidoof over here.
XD

Seriously tho we’re all on fire. We are all bidoof.
Except for mafia. They squirtle

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot = Squirtle
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 6

Post by Kylemii »

i missed another fucking vote today :[
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 6

Post by Kylemii »

I don't get it, does that mean cbob being lynched was just a coincidence?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”