Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 9

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:21 pm Marmot would have been the player marked for death. But wilgy never pulled the trigger. :ponder:
Were it anybody else, I would have said, "But he would have known not to respond blah blah blah."

Marmot and Wilgy are two guys who like doing bizarre things to amuse themselves.
The allegation is that wilgy is an even while marmot was strexcorp, so they wouldn't be teammates anyway. I forgot about that when I was ponderin'.
My thinking is this:

If that was a civilian role, I would be less likely to cap its kill potential given how many lives are in existence. There is a condition that has to be met before a kill can even be carried out.

If that was a mafia role, the mafia already have a regular kill at their disposal, so capping the potential body count at one makes a lot of sense.
so does this make wilgy look worse or better in your eyes?
Bad bad Leroy Brown.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]nijuukyugou[/mention] has not commented on speedchuck in either thread. I want to know why and what her thoughts are on the chuck.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:30 pm
There was another flash. Suddenly everyone found themselves at Cerberus beach. The reunions that followed mostly happened in montage form with touching music playing in the background. There were tears.

"I told you we needed a DJ" said sloonei, satisfied with the culmination of his musical work out here on the island.

Dharmahelper whipped out his small pencil.

He wanted to start a diary of his experiences on the island. "DAY ONE", he wrote, and then thought for a while. "This is the day on which I solved everything" he wrote "it has been nice havinga holiday on the beach since then."

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed speedchuck walking along the beach. He threw his small pencil at speedchuck, hoping that by some lucky fluke it might impale him and he would be vindicated in all things. However, the pencil just vanished before it reached speedchuck - almost as if speedchuck couldn't be targeted at all.

Speedchuck continued his walk down the beach, heading towards the wreckage of the train. He hadn't shaved in a while, and was really beginning to feel the need. He rummaged around in the first class bathroom, and found a razor. He wasn't familiar with the brand name. He looked at his reflection in the razor. "Boy, this reflection does make me look bad" he said.

After shaving, speedchuck went back out on to the beach. He noticed Quin and insertnamehere were in a heated argument.

DDL also noticed the argument, and he could overhear them talking about golden and juliets. Quin and insertnamehere seemed to be arguing about whether or not they were fair people. DDL already knew the answer.

"Look, I can't speak for juliets" said DDL "but I know for certain that golden is quite unbalanced. But scrupulously fair. And your argument is distracting us from what is important here."

"Me" said sloonei.

"No" said Kylemii "Obviously DDL means the identity of Sprityo's killer. Which is obviously Wilgy, because look, he's trying to swim away from the island. As though he's ever going to get away that way,
doesn't he know you always just end up back on the island again?"

Epignosis saw something in the sand. "Whose small pencil is this?" he asked.

Day 9 has ended. DrWilgy has been lynched. He was:
33: the voice of Epignosis (Vocaroo). Each night, you may target a player who will be requested (but not required) to sing exactly one on topic post on Vocaroo (at least ten seconds in length). The first person to reply to that post is marked for death until another Vocaroo post is made. At any time, you may choose to kill the player who is currently marked for death, and after that point your power will cease. You may target yourself, but may not target the same player on consecutive days.

It is now night 9. It will last for 24 hours, meaning you have 22 hours to get your PMs in
DO NOT CONGRATULATE
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've just lost two games within a couple of hours of each other.

I am not losing this motherfucker.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:18 pm I've just lost two games within a couple of hours of each other.

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:18 pm I've just lost two games within a couple of hours of each other.

DO NOT CONGRATULATE
A little birdie tells me you are a loser too recently.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 pm

DO NOT CONGRATULATE
A little birdie tells me you are a loser too recently.
I never lose.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lorab why did you die at the end of the phase before the merger? I'm not clear on that.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:35 pm Lorab why did you die at the end of the phase before the merger? I'm not clear on that.
I assume someone killed me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:13 am
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:03 am SVS-- you aren't defending speedchuck like DH didn't defend LC. :p
Did you read the post? Actually read it? I THINK SPEEDCHUCK IS BAD. I just think Nutella has nothing to do with it and he's gonna flip civ. I would have preferred to watch him for a while.

So no, I am not not defending him like DH didn't defend LC. Geez.
I am confused then. Please explain it to me like I'm five. :p
colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 am
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am also why did cbob totally disappear once his role was revealed?
ISO me, I've answered this question several times and it's getting really old. What's the point of posting if people don't read the posts?
What's the point of voting if you don't have a reason?
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am What is the reason for voting Boomslang? What team do you think he's on, and what do you make of Marmot's aggression toward him?
^^
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:03 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:07 pm "Wilgy isn't bad but I'm going to lynch him anyway"

Nah. That doesn't fly.

[VOTE: INH] aubergine
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm [VOTE: INH] aubergine

I'll add some weight to that.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:21 pm
Well, fuck all y'all.

Care to make points against me, or is knee-jerk bullshit how things worked over at Pikachu?
it got us to lynch LC.
This is some manipulative bullshit.

It was not a knee jerk reaction. We patiently waited for LC to come back with "lol the host told me in a facebook message".
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The LC lynch was in no way a hot potato vote, last minute "thing" or kneejerk bandwagon. As Dom said, LC slipped the fuck up and we collectively grilled him on it for like two days, then we punched his ticket. Gave him a one way trip to Hot Country. Introduced him to the reaper. Fitted him for a necktie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 am
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am also why did cbob totally disappear once his role was revealed?
ISO me, I've answered this question several times and it's getting really old. What's the point of posting if people don't read the posts?
What's the point of voting if you don't have a reason?
Wouldn't know, haven't done it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am
Boomslang wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:09 pm Following the train, because I've fallen off of it. Vote Wilgy aubergine.
[VOTE: boomslang ] aubergine for this
lol cbob

only mention of boomslang in this thread
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

first*

not only
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Actually... yes... only... just looked and couldn't find any mention of boomslang other than the vote.

So....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never mind, Lorab. I was thinking you were lynched, but that's not what happened.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am What is the reason for voting Boomslang? What team do you think he's on, and what do you make of Marmot's aggression toward him?
His vote on Wilgy was the ultimate in "hello fellow townies", judging by his posts in this thread.

Sorry, I'm not reading the entire Cerberus thread plus Pikachu post-swap. You can either have me paeticipate, or have me read, but certainly not both. If somebody can point me to prior Boomslang case/suspicion on Wilgy I'll move my vote.
[mention]Dom[/mention] reasoning was provided here.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

So we think Wilgy is compatible with Marmot’s team or naw?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:03 am SVS-- you aren't defending speedchuck like DH didn't defend LC. :p
Did you read the post? Actually read it? I THINK SPEEDCHUCK IS BAD. I just think Nutella has nothing to do with it and he's gonna flip civ. I would have preferred to watch him for a while.

SVS's theory is the following:

Nutella had nothing to do with the reveal.
Long Con's role, which makes a player flip as the wrong alignment ON DEATH, was the culprit.
SVS thinks that an unknown townie role that preemptively shows the DEATH FLIP targeted me.

In short, Long Con + Convoluted Civ reveal role = Speedchuck being an Evil Even.

So SVS thinks that I will flip town, even though I'm scum with nutella, and that nutella's role has nothing to do with it.

So you have every right to be confused. SVS cannot accept that I'm Strexcorp, considering my defense of LC. She cannot accept that I'm town, because SVS sticks to her guns unless the mafia team recruits her and I'm not on it (Buffy Mafia). So she has found a (completely implausible) way that I could be LC's teammate, even though Nutella CANNOT target teammates.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Last time I'll ask this question before I start spamming the thread.

Does anyone think it likely that Strexcorp was NOT PRESENT in Pikachu v1, given the consistent kills in Cerberus and the quick kill of Sprit once the tribes shifted? Does ANYONE think that to be likely?

Because if we think that is likely, then we can make some 'likely' inferences from that world.

Don't make me @ everyone individually. I will do it. (Except for Epi, I will not @ him.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:13 am Last time I'll ask this question before I start spamming the thread.

Does anyone think it likely that Strexcorp was NOT PRESENT in Pikachu v1, given the consistent kills in Cerberus and the quick kill of Sprit once the tribes shifted? Does ANYONE think that to be likely?

Because if we think that is likely, then we can make some 'likely' inferences from that world.

Don't make me @ everyone individually. I will do it. (Except for Epi, I will not @ him.)
Its possible.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 am

SVS's theory is the following:

Nutella had nothing to do with the reveal.
Long Con's role, which makes a player flip as the wrong alignment ON DEATH, was the culprit.
SVS thinks that an unknown townie role that preemptively shows the DEATH FLIP targeted me.

In short, Long Con + Convoluted Civ reveal role = Speedchuck being an Evil Even.

So SVS thinks that I will flip town, even though I'm scum with nutella, and that nutella's role has nothing to do with it.

So you have every right to be confused. SVS cannot accept that I'm Strexcorp, considering my defense of LC. She cannot accept that I'm town, because SVS sticks to her guns unless the mafia team recruits her and I'm not on it (Buffy Mafia). So she has found a (completely implausible) way that I could be LC's teammate, even though Nutella CANNOT target teammates.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am Actually... yes... only... just looked and couldn't find any mention of boomslang other than the vote.

So....
I do find it ironic that he jumped on a counterwagon that formed because I was, to people who didn't know my history with Wilgy this game, jumping on a wagon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 am So we think Wilgy is compatible with Marmot’s team or naw?
No, wilgy is supposedly a member of the Evil Evens.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:13 am Last time I'll ask this question before I start spamming the thread.

possible. "Likely" is a little strong. The kill focus on Cerberus was being propagated by both teams for the first 6 or 7 nights, and we know at least two Evens were in Pikachu, so I don't see why this would have to be the case.

You got a chance to participate in both threads. Is there anyone who you think would be a likely teammate with any of the dead baddies?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sorry i missed the vote, I was chilling with Lenny in Seattle at the time and basically forgot about mafia completely.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:10 pm

possible. "Likely" is a little strong. The kill focus on Cerberus was being propagated by both teams for the first 6 or 7 nights, and we know at least two Evens were in Pikachu, so I don't see why this would have to be the case.

You got a chance to participate in both threads. Is there anyone who you think would be a likely teammate with any of the dead baddies?
"The kill focus on Cerberus was being propagated by both teams for the first 6 or 7 nights"

The Evens only had ONE kill in Cerberus during that timeframe. Strex used all THREE in Cerberus during that timeframe. And then, as SOON as they moved tribes, Sprit (who had basically been a townfirm since D2) died by their hand immediately.

I'm theorizing. I'll figure out likely teammates in a bit if I can.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Did we get confirmation that mafias alternate kills or did we just deduce that?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Deduced it based on Marmot roleblocking the nightkill, the name of evil evens, and the single nightkill per night.
It's not confirmed, but it is 99% likely.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sure, it makes sense, I was just wondering if I had missed something else important during the phase I was away from the game.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 am So we think Wilgy is compatible with Marmot’s team or naw?
No, wilgy is supposedly a member of the Evil Evens.
Is this assumption based on sprityo dying night 8?

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I think it's because Wilgy targeted Marmot with a malicious role?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If LoRab was indeed the target that Wilgy decided to kill, what do you think prompted her death?

And now I’m doubting that could happen at all, if we’re assuming that counts as a target- Wilgy was on Pikachu at the time of LoRab’s death. Do we think the syntax in his role create a loophole where he can just decide to kill someone already ‘marked’ and therefore it doesn’t count as a ‘target’?

If not, Wilgy did not kill LoRab

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:48 pm I think it's because Wilgy targeted Marmot with a malicious role?
Wilgy didn’t target him, but he did indeed choose not to pull the trigger..unless Wilgy tried to kill Marmot, but marmot’s role swallowed up Wilgy’s one shot on day 4.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:48 pm If LoRab was indeed the target that Wilgy decided to kill, what do you think prompted her death?

And now I’m doubting that could happen at all, if we’re assuming that counts as a target- Wilgy was on Pikachu at the time of LoRab’s death. Do we think the syntax in his role create a loophole where he can just decide to kill someone already ‘marked’ and therefore it doesn’t count as a ‘target’?

If not, Wilgy did not kill LoRab
This is still not how wilgy's role worked.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Cerberus V1:
Boomslang
DrWilgy - targeted Marmot with pseudo-killing role? Not Strex?
insertnamehere
JackofHearts - killed by Strex twice, probably town
Kylemii
LoRab - Button that switched tribes.
Marmot - Strex
nijuukyugou - killed night 1 by Strex, nutella's BTSC partner
Scotty - has been nightkilled once
sig
Sloonei - selected to spy on other tribe
Spacedaisy
-------(At least one Even present in Cerberus)-------

Pikachu V1:
colonialbob - First role was a trap. Evens sprung that trap. Likely not an Even.
dharmahelper - Candidate for haiku.
Dom - Called out LC's slip. Not an Even. Candidate for haiku.
Dragon D Luffy - Accidentally died, then rezzed with 2 lives in second role. LC was the reason for the rez. But that also killed nutella.
Epignosis - Has been trying to clear town. Candidate for haiku?
Long Con - Even
Nutella - Even
Quin - still townfirmed
Speedchuck - mathematically confirmed town with first role. Implicated by nutella flip, which cannot target a teammate. Still town tho.
sprityo - First role was Cecil, town? announcer
S~V~S - First role was a trap that SVS tried her best not to spring. Towny behavior.
-------(No evidence of Strexcorp presence)-------

Cerberus V2:
Boomslang
ColonialBob - First role was a trap. Evens sprung that trap. Likely not an Even.
Dom - Called out LC's slip. Not an Even. Candidate for haiku.
Dragon D. Luffy - Accidentally died, then rezzed with 2 lives in second role. LC was the reason for the rez. But that also killed nutella.
insertnamehere
LoRab - Button that switched tribes.
Nijuukyugou - killed night 1, nutella's BTSC partner
Quin - still townfirmed
sig
S~V~S - First role was a trap that SVS tried her best not to spring. Towny behavior. Killed by Evens.
Speedchuck - mathematically confirmed town with first role. Implicated by nutella flip, which cannot target a teammate. Still town tho.

Pikachu V2:
dharmahelper - Candidate for haiku.
DrWilgy - targeted Marmot with pseudo-killing role? Not Strex?
Epignosis - Has been trying to clear town. Candidate for haiku?
Kylemii
Marmot - Strex
nutella - Even
Scotty - has been nightkilled once, by the evens
Sloonei - selected to spy on other tribe in v1
Spacedaisy
sprityo - First role was Cecil, town? announcer

Players that moved from Pikachu to Cerberus: cbob, dom, ddl, quin, svs, speedchuck
Players that moved from Cerberus to Pikachu: Wilgy, Kyle, Marmot, Scotty, Sloonei, Daisy

DEATHS:
D1 - Quin - survived
N1 - niju (Strexkill)
D2 - speedchuck
N2 - Scotty (Evens)
D3 - nutella (changed from DDL)
N3 - JoH (Strexkill)
INH dies
D4 - Long Con
N4 - Evens blocked by Strex
D5 - Long Con
N5 - Sig (Strex)
D6 - Cbob
N6 - SVS (Evens)
D7 - Marmot

BUTTON

N7 - JoH (Strex)
Nutella dies
D8 - Marmot
N8 - Sprityo (Evens)
LoRab Dies
MERGE
D9 - Wilgy

I've got this thing copied, and I'm making notes as I go. Is it missing anything?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Looks interesting

I wanted to go back to what Speedchuck said about mafia teams only being in one tribe

The whole reason we Lynched LC was because he slipped “Cerberus Tribe” meaning he had to have talked with someone on the other side to get that information

At the very
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

At the very least the evil evens started on both sides*
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't think Marmot responds to INH's vocaroo link the way he did if he and wilgy are partners. That effectively renders wilgy's role useless.

I also assume wilgy is an Even rather than strexcorp based on thr Night 8 kill. This hinges on the theory that the Evens are killing on even nights while strex kills on odd nights. We could put more research into that. The theory which has been raised is that sprit has to have been killed by a newcomer from Cerberus after LoRab pressed the button, but I think that theory is baloney. That said, if the assumptions about nightkill mechanisms hold true, then somebody from the Evil Evens needed to have been active in Pikachu on Night 8 to kill sprityo. POE has more or less ruled out everyone but Wilgy (for me, at least) from that grouping. His first role seems like it could easily have been anti-town, not that that's been an entirely reliable metric in this game. I stand by my strong suspicion of him and am inclined to guess that he is an Even with nutella and Long Con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also a minor issue: wilgy did not target marmot with his role. He targeted INH and LoRab.
Marmot (probably without knowing) triggered the role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 am
Quin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 pm I'm not voting speedchuck tomorrow. That's the lazy vote. I already explained why waiting to lynch him is the best option. We have limited information and waiting a not-horribly-long amount of time to see if a bona fide alignment revealer flips is the logical course of action. We're not at LYLO. We can afford it. With every flip that isn't that role, the probability of him being scum increases. No need to rush into a lynch now.

I will not be accepting any counterpoints at this time, thank you. Especially because today isn't Day 10 and we don't need to be talking about speedchuck.
This reasoning is so weird.

We get way more information on one player than we would ever get in most mafia games and your reaction to it is "not enough, need more evidence".

It just doesn't connect.
When everyone bar one or two people is just sitting on the flip as an excuse to lynch, I'm not content. If you think my reasoning is weird, tell me: What do we lose from doing things my way?
Civs.
Then don't lynch a civilian. Next.
The easiest way to do that is by lynching Speedchuck.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm It was not a knee jerk reaction. We patiently waited for LC to come back with "lol the host told me in a facebook message".
Semantics. The point is that we roasted someone for a slip.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm Also a minor issue: wilgy did not target marmot with his role. He targeted INH and LoRab.
Marmot (probably without knowing) triggered the role.
In addition: It does not appear that wilgy killed anyone with this ability. I agree with Epi's assessment that its mechanics seem more malevolent than good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm I don't think Marmot responds to INH's vocaroo link the way he did if he and wilgy are partners. That effectively renders wilgy's role useless.

I also assume wilgy is an Even rather than strexcorp based on thr Night 8 kill. This hinges on the theory that the Evens are killing on even nights while strex kills on odd nights. We could put more research into that. The theory which has been raised is that sprit has to have been killed by a newcomer from Cerberus after LoRab pressed the button, but I think that theory is baloney. That said, if the assumptions about nightkill mechanisms hold true, then somebody from the Evil Evens needed to have been active in Pikachu on Night 8 to kill sprityo. POE has more or less ruled out everyone but Wilgy (for me, at least) from that grouping. His first role seems like it could easily have been anti-town, not that that's been an entirely reliable metric in this game. I stand by my strong suspicion of him and am inclined to guess that he is an Even with nutella and Long Con.
What about Kyle?
I have him as a null-bad read right now. I’ve brought this up before but he’s like Tonya Harding to me- just skating along the edges and probably holding a dark secret.

He’s offered to do ISOs on people early on, but didn’t. When pressed again by me, he said he’d get around to it. Did amounted to a few reads on some people. Then the rest of the game, to be brutally honest, has been a game of 20 questions from him, except it’s more like 200 questions and there’s no end to the game in sight. Call it falling behind (which is entirely possible, since he was in 3+ games simultaneously) but it feels like a crutch to keep up the ‘what’s going on’ routine this late in the game

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Does anyone want to analyse why Strexcorp wanted JackofHearts dead so badly?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle might be bad. It's something to look into if wilgy flips town. I'd rather lynch wilgy first.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:47 pm Does anyone want to analyse why Strexcorp wanted JackofHearts dead so badly?
Well, jack was pretty consensus town in our tribe. Plus, they killed him on N5 and they technically wouldn’t be able to kill him on N7, so it makes sense I guess.

Which mkes me wonder why they’re letting nijuu live

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:47 pm Does anyone want to analyse why Strexcorp wanted JackofHearts dead so badly?
Well, jack was pretty consensus town in our tribe. Plus, they killed him on N5 and they technically wouldn’t be able to kill him on N7, so it makes sense I guess.

Which mkes me wonder why they’re letting nijuu live
They did not kill him N5. I have a chart above.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm It was not a knee jerk reaction. We patiently waited for LC to come back with "lol the host told me in a facebook message".
Was that the point?

What slip did Boomslang make?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Was that the point?

What slip did Boomslang make?
Er, INH, whoever it was you all ganged on.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”