colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 10

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 pm I don't see why this is an issue. Post in haikus and don't get lynched. Good deal if you ask me.
SVS likes posting long posts with lots of thoughts, and has expressed frustration with this role before. Makes me think Refrigerator may be bad. Who is it down to by PoE? Dom & Quin?
No it doesn't. The purpose of that role is to give people an easy way to avoid a lynch. Who cares how they like to post?

[VOTE: colonialbob] aubergine

Something is fucked up with the quote system around here. That wasn't me, and I checked it.
Who's voting for SVS though? Not being able to post in a regular style restricts her contributions. I'm not sure why this is such a weird thought.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sprityo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:40 pm Also i guess that means at least refrig isn’t mafia aligned with whoever killed last night
Wait why?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 pm I don't see why this is an issue. Post in haikus and don't get lynched. Good deal if you ask me.
SVS likes posting long posts with lots of thoughts, and has expressed frustration with this role before. Makes me think Refrigerator may be bad. Who is it down to by PoE? Dom & Quin?
No it doesn't. The purpose of that role is to give people an easy way to avoid a lynch. Who cares how they like to post?

Something is fucked up with the quote system around here. That wasn't me, and I checked it.
Who's voting for SVS though? Not being able to post in a regular style restricts her contributions. I'm not sure why this is such a weird thought.
She can post normally if she wants.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:40 pm Also i guess that means at least refrig isn’t mafia aligned with whoever killed last night
Wait why?
hey who you gonna vote for today?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

What a boring role to have. Thanks for putting in the effort that you have, DH

vote Speedchuck aubergine
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Right? THANK YOU

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Right? THANK YOU
That’s in RE to the quote system

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:41 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm

She can post normally if she wants.
That... is a good point. I'm used to post restrictions having a penalty for failing rather than a bonus for succeeding, but per the wording of the role not posting haiku seems to have no ill effects. [Mention]S~V~S [/mention]
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 pm
Wait why?
hey who you gonna vote for today?
That's the $64,000 question innit?

I lean Wilgy/speedchuck/inh I think. Wilgy's first role seems bad, and it doesn't sound like we'll get more from him to convince us he's town. Speedchuck has been posting townie, but mechanics > reads (and read over the end of FE if you doubt he can pull that off as mafia). Inh never really addressed the reason for my vote, and I don't know whether the anger is more likely to be townie or mafia.

I plan on doing some isos tomorrow now that I have time, so hopefully that will help me sort through some of this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not quite fully on board the speedchuck train right now. I've got ny boarding pass and I'm standing on the platform, but I'm hesitating there. Many signs point to him as bad. I take his effort in recent phases with a grain of salt for two reasons: first, he is speedchuck, and second, scum have about as much incentive to hunt as do civilians in a game with multiple scum teams. If the prevailing assumption about nutella flipping him is true then there's no question. But there could be mechanics we don't know of, somethin else could have prompted his flip, and it could be true. I don't know.

But the mystery of some unknown hypothetical isn't really good enough to move him to a town read for me. His lynch feels more or less inevitable and I think we'd be right to do it. But I'm not certain and I don't want to do it carelessly.

Also I feel plenty good about wilgy too. I don't mind lynching him first. I might be more confident about him.

I don't like the case against INH at all. His vote for wilgy yesterday was not really suspect and it would be the dumbest and most unnecessary slip up ever if that's really what it was. It's not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I wouldn't call that a slip up, fwiw.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I also believe speed looks very townie atm.

It’s what I would do if I wanted the town to trust me when all signs proverbially pointed to me being bad. I’d want to pick it up a notch and put forth my best effort.

He could be town, and in that case I’m super sorry that things are panning out this way.

If he’s good and we lynch him, the best thing he can do in any situation is leave us a legacy, like my uncle.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Dom »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:02 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am What is the reason for voting Boomslang? What team do you think he's on, and what do you make of Marmot's aggression toward him?
His vote on Wilgy was the ultimate in "hello fellow townies", judging by his posts in this thread.

Sorry, I'm not reading the entire Cerberus thread plus Pikachu post-swap. You can either have me paeticipate, or have me read, but certainly not both. If somebody can point me to prior Boomslang case/suspicion on Wilgy I'll move my vote.
@Dom reasoning was provided here.
"He joined a wagon"

What did you do?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm It was not a knee jerk reaction. We patiently waited for LC to come back with "lol the host told me in a facebook message".
Semantics. The point is that we roasted someone for a slip.
Semantics?
Nah. LC and speedchuck and partially dh fought back pretty hard.

Cbob starting posting again when he started taking heat. :suspish:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

sprityo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:55 pm This is feeling mean
I will be back to vote and
complete my ten posts
Second of all fuck whoever keeps doing this to SVS
Assuming refrig can’t target himself then quin is the only option for refrig
It's not me. Pinky promise. I like SVS more than enough to not curse her over and over again when she's publicly stated how much she hates it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:31 pm @Sloonei I also believe speed looks very townie atm.

It’s what I would do if I wanted the town to trust me when all signs proverbially pointed to me being bad. I’d want to pick it up a notch and put forth my best effort.

He could be town, and in that case I’m super sorry that things are panning out this way.

If he’s good and we lynch him, the best thing he can do in any situation is leave us a legacy, like my uncle.
speedchuck is one of the best fakers i've ever played with. For what it is worth
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:09 pm I wouldn't call that a slip up, fwiw.
What exactly is the suspicion against him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:40 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:09 pm I wouldn't call that a slip up, fwiw.
Distancing. I don't think you misunderstand, I just think calling it a slip is wrong. To me, a slip is what LC did. I'm kinda arguing semantics but to me there's a big difference between "behavior that indicates one may be mafia" and "slip".
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by colonialbob »

Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am What is the reason for voting Boomslang? What team do you think he's on, and what do you make of Marmot's aggression toward him?
His vote on Wilgy was the ultimate in "hello fellow townies", judging by his posts in this thread.

Sorry, I'm not reading the entire Cerberus thread plus Pikachu post-swap. You can either have me paeticipate, or have me read, but certainly not both. If somebody can point me to prior Boomslang case/suspicion on Wilgy I'll move my vote.
"He joined a wagon"

What did you do?
Started one?

Cbob starting posting again when he started taking heat. :suspish:
Alternatively, cbob started posting again when FE no longer required his full attention.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Cbob played it lowkey for six whole game days and then only cared when his name got thrown around.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 pm Cbob played it lowkey for six whole game days and then only cared when his name got thrown around.
This is the last time I'm responding to this accusation - I WAS IN ENDGAME IN ANOTHER GAME. Why are you ignoring this? Vote me or don't, I don't really care at this point.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:44 pm
Distancing. I don't think you misunderstand, I just think calling it a slip is wrong. To me, a slip is what LC did. I'm kinda arguing semantics but to me there's a big difference between "behavior that indicates one may be mafia" and "slip".
Distancing from wilgy?
[mention]insertnamehere[/mention] care to respond to this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 pm
Distancing from wilgy?
@insertnamehere care to respond to this?
Yeah, distancing from the Wilgy lynch. "I think he's town but I'm voting him anyway."

I believe inh said he had previous suspicion of Wilgy, but I haven't read the Cerberus thread so I'm not sure. I asked for independent confirmation, but failing that I'm planning on isoing him tomorrow.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:31 pm @Sloonei I also believe speed looks very townie atm.

speedchuck is one of the best fakers i've ever played with. For what it is worth
I appreciate the compliment. I won't even be mad if my unreadableness gets me lynched. :beer:

I could go for wilgy today. You guys know what my role is, and given how much effect it's had so far, I don't think I should be considered an urgent lynch. And I'm kinda hoping that the nightkill magically reveals whatever role targeted me.

But that's not likely.

Should you lynch me? I'd lynch me. If I saw nutella's flip right after a guy was 'confirmed town', especially 'confirmed town with malicious role', I'd sit my butt right on it. I wouldn't blame anyone for doing that. If anything, given my inevitable lynch, the scum in this game should be the ones more hesitant about supporting it, not knowing what I'll flip as.

I'll flip town.

But I'm not complaining about the lynch.

linki: bleh I think INH seems genuine. His vote on Wilgy was of the townie mindset that he don't care what people think, he doin what he do. His indignant response to the tiny vote train rang true. I'll not be looking there today.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote:I could go for wilgy today. You guys know what my role is, and given how much effect it's had so far, I don't think I should be considered an urgent lynch. And I'm kinda hoping that the nightkill magically reveals whatever role targeted me.
I must have missed something. I don’t know what role you are or what you are referencing.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:47 pm

"He joined a wagon"

What did you do?
Started one?
Baddies do this too
How is starting a wagon
Make one a townie?

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:26 am
speedchuck wrote:I could go for wilgy today. You guys know what my role is, and given how much effect it's had so far, I don't think I should be considered an urgent lynch. And I'm kinda hoping that the nightkill magically reveals whatever role targeted me.
I must have missed something. I don’t know what role you are or what you are referencing.
The civ role I think
Revealed Chucks role in thread
Rather than Nutella

He's hoping a civ
Gets nightkilledin order to
clear his name of mud :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:

Hoping civs die to
exonerate ones own self
Is not a civ move :suspish:

People who now think
Chuck might be town not baddie~
What about Nuts role?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 pm
Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 pm Cbob played it lowkey for six whole game days and then only cared when his name got thrown around.
This is the last time I'm responding to this accusation - I WAS IN ENDGAME IN ANOTHER GAME. Why are you ignoring this? Vote me or don't, I don't really care at this point.
Endgame in Fire Emblem lasted from Day 1 through 6 of this game, paused for a day, then continued until Day 10 of this game?

Suspects:
-cbob
-wilgy
-speedchuck
-dll
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 am
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:47 pm

"He joined a wagon"

What did you do?
Started one?
Baddies do this too
How is starting a wagon
Make one a townie?
It doesn't, by itself, but I have no idea what Dom was trying to accuse me of there.

Also, did you see my tag of you mentioning that it seems you can post in prose without any ill effect and just not gain the bonus?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 9

Post by DrWilgy »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:37 pm DrWilgy's number is 666.
Number of the Beast
*sexy growl*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:26 am
I was publicly role-revealed. That's why people want to lynch me. I was revealed as a town role back in the tribes, and then nutella flipped.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of activity - I’m checking in to say we’ve gone out of town (to Cincy, woo!) to be showered with gifts of the wedding sort (double woo!) so my play will be even...less active, as I’m on a phone and busy af. I’ll check as I can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

For some reason my vote was on Sprit, not Chuck. This has been corrected.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Should i eat or naw?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sprityo wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:35 am Should i eat or naw?
Are you fasting?

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 am
Are you fasting?
it's more a directed question to Epignosis tbh
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 am
Are you fasting?
it's more a directed question to Epignosis tbh
:confused:

I'm only on my third cup of coffee, so pardon me if I'm missing something obvious.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

[mention]Scotty[/mention]

You're voting for Speedchuck without even knowing about his role reveal post?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:37 am @Scotty

Scotty was briefed in Pikabus

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Y’know I was confusing speed with nutella. I knew he was a doctor. Made that argument that he could have easily been a mafia doctor with 2 teams and this many roles.

Epi disagreed.

Anyway, regardless of his role, he should be lynched today

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Y’know I was confusing speed with nutella. I knew he was a doctor. Made that argument that he could have easily been a mafia doctor with 2 teams and this many roles.

Epi disagreed.

Regardless of his first role? Or his present role? Or the fact that he revealed as town? I'm not sure exactly what you meant there.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:22 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Epi disagreed.

Regardless of his first role? Or his present role? Or the fact that he revealed as town? I'm not sure exactly what you meant there.
His first role.

Oh!!!!! Right! I totally forgot his role was revealed. I have it in my mind that it was just his alignment and got caught up in that.

Anyway, doesn’t matter

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm on my phone.

svs why is it scummy for me to hope that I get cleared by a night flip? I don't understand.

please make sure everyone at least UNDERSTANDS why I am up for lynch. I see some confused votes, and that is kinda ridiculous.

for me to be scum, I have to be strex. which means strex was in pika v1. it also means mutella randomly happened to target me, hoping to frame me. it also means that I was recruited, as I have been mathematically proven as town in my first role (especially now, since basically all of the Pika roles have been revealed.)

I can can elaborate more when I get home this afternoon, but occams razor isnt giving me a clean shave. you have to make assumptions for me to be scum, too.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 pm I'm on my phone.

svs why is it scummy for me to hope that I get cleared by a night flip? I don't understand.

please make sure everyone at least UNDERSTANDS why I am up for lynch. I see some confused votes, and that is kinda ridiculous.

for me to be scum, I have to be strex. which means strex was in pika v1. it also means mutella randomly happened to target me, hoping to frame me. it also means that I was recruited, as I have been mathematically proven as town in my first role (especially now, since basically all of the Pika roles have been revealed.)

I can can elaborate more when I get home this afternoon, but occams razor isnt giving me a clean shave. you have to make assumptions for me to be scum, too.
No.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have been trying to think of a mechanic that would reveal a civilian speedchuck as a civilian.

Let's begin with this:

If nutella used her ability and targeted a civilian, and that civilian was revealed as mafia, who among us would believe it? I would be far more willing to believe someone being revealed as a civilian than I would the hosts outing someone as mafia. It's clear to me that the optimal use of Evil Even resources would have been for nutella to frame a civilian on his second life, and then for Long Con to use his power to make sure the civilian was revealed to be bad upon lynch.

That bit of deviousness would never come to fruition, for obvious reasons, and good thing it didn't.

If a civilian caused a civilian speedchuck to be revealed, what would we expect to find?

Boomslang
Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am Epi's analysis of my interactions with Marmot is spot-on. DH's obsession with speedchuck is not. SVS says it succinctly with "If nutellas role did not have that "cannot target a teammate" line, I would be right at the front of the pitchfork line, DH."
colonialbob
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm I lean Wilgy/speedchuck/inh I think. Wilgy's first role seems bad, and it doesn't sound like we'll get more from him to convince us he's town. Speedchuck has been posting townie, but mechanics > reads (and read over the end of FE if you doubt he can pull that off as mafia). Inh never really addressed the reason for my vote, and I don't know whether the anger is more likely to be townie or mafia.
DharmaHelper
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:44 pm Aha, now we *can* lynch speedchuck.
Dom
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:08 pm See, shit like this is why I don't think speedchuck is civ.
Dragon D Luffy
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 pm So I promise you, people, that Speedchuck will die on Day 10.

There are no "buts" or "ifs". No tinfoil. I will personally confiscate every tinfoil hat and burn them if necessary. I will place them on the floor in a way that the smoke forms the words "LYNCH SPEEDCHUCK" when they burn.
DrWilgy
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:30 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:37 pm DrWilgy's number is 666.
Number of the Beast
*sexy growl*
insertnamehere
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm
Secondly, reading through the whole Speedchuck thing feels like randomly tuning into some later season of a heavily-serialized TV show, and trying to mentally fill in the gaps. Unfortunately, despite S~V~S being super duper earnest, I have to side with the dull, boring, rational, Occam's-Razor-y DH and DDL on this one. He's probably where my vote's going tomorrow.
Kylemii
LoRab
nijuukyugou
Quin
Quin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:54 pm
I'm not voting speedchuck tomorrow. That's the lazy vote. I already explained why waiting to lynch him is the best option. We have limited information and waiting a not-horribly-long amount of time to see if a bona fide alignment revealer flips is the logical course of action. We're not at LYLO. We can afford it. With every flip that isn't that role, the probability of him being scum increases. No need to rush into a lynch now.

I will not be accepting any counterpoints at this time, thank you. Especially because today isn't Day 10 and we don't need to be talking about speedchuck.
Quin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:10 am To make everything clear, I'm not tinfoiling a town speedchuck right now. I'm just promoting due process.
Scotty

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 am I think she might eat a hat when it comes to speed, unfortunately, and should have a doctor close at hand when he is lynched as mafia.
sig
sig wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:52 pm I still can't vote for Speed so I'll wait for Sloonie to answer. I could see myself voting there.
Sloonei
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm
I've been committing the cardinal sin of catching up on this thread in search of the argument that speedchuck is town. SVS has given him some defense, but it's not, by her own admission, extremely strong and I am still left leaning toward him being bad. I don't want to sit and wait for a civilian flipper to flip while we twiddle our thumbs at speedchuck. If signs point to him being bad, we lynch him.

That's not to say his lynch should be a foregone conclusion. He deserves the same chance to have his say as everyone else and I'm gonna listen to all the arguments. But he's the consensus top suspect right now and I don't disagree with that.
Spacedaisy
sprityo
S~V~S
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 pm It makes no sense. It is too easy of a conclusion to jump to, and if you read Pikachu, you KNOW how hot and heavy I was to lynch Chuck.
Outside of Quin, who cited due process, and maybe, if you squint a little bit, Boomslang, not one person truly went to bat for speedchuck. Not one.

In addition, one must ask, "Why would a civilian out a person who was unlikely to be lynched?" A shrewd use of the role, for a civilian, would be to target someone who could be lynched in order to prevent a poor lynch or confirm a good one.

The only remaining possibility I can think of is that speedchuck's role was revealed by some mechanic other than nutella's role, and that the person responsible for that mechanic had no say in targeting speedchuck or was even aware that he or she had targeted speedchuck. Even then, the person would have to have some knowledge that he could cause someone's role to appear in the thread, because if not, then what the hell does the role card look like? "If something happens, then something else will happen." Okay then. :|

I'm not seeing anything to suggest that refraining from lynching speedchuck would be a good idea.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

I'm not falling for speed again, he's mechanically bad no way around that.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:14 pm I'm not falling for speed again, he's mechanically bad no way around that.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
When did you "fall for speed" the first time? :confused:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig fell for me in FE.

epi makes some good points. all good points. none I can argue with.

like I said earlier, if you want to lynch me, decide soon so that you can move on with the hunt.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:31 pm sig fell for me in FE.
That's it?

So what's sig going to do? Lynch you in every game you two play together forever? :p
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 pm
Distancing from wilgy?
@insertnamehere care to respond to this?
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:19 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:11 pm My question was your answer, SVS.

We are not voting INH for the reasons he gave to lynch Wilgy.

We are voting him for the reasons he gave NOT to lynch Wilgy.
Do you disagree with my reasons? I'm sorry, it was an 11-3 split, a couple hours until EOD, and the person with three votes was someone I think is an active town. Speedchuck isn't lynchable, and I don't have time to shout Sig or Scotty's name from the rafters, and given the "strategy" I've seen on display, I doubt anyone would have gave a damn anyway.
DDL responded to this with:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:27 pm It's not like I need you to agree with the case anyway.
:shrug:

I gave my reasons for what I did, and I don't think it's "distancing." Apparently, some people disagree. Bully for them.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:31 pm sig fell for me in FE.
That's it?

So what's sig going to do? Lynch you in every game you two play together forever? :p
at least when mechanics point to me as a strong possibility
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm having my doubts RE: Chuck but there's no real alternative to lynching him. He could be good, he could be bad, I just can't really place it. Kinda got a squirmy feeling about the lynch tbh.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

I figure I might as well voice some input on the two recently revealed parts of this game which relate back to Blue Velvet Mafia, a game I hosted, and provide some context.

"Mutiny For 3" allowed three people to form a new independent team which must eliminate everyone else to win. DH and company basically used it to break the game, so I guess Golden and juliets nerfed it, making it so if more or less than three people tried to do it, it failed to occur. That seems to be what happened.

David Lynch isn't actually a role in Blue Velvet Mafia, but he did direct the film that the game was based on. He's known for being one of the most goddamn bizarre directors around, and is an all-around affable weirdo. He's probably my favorite director.

S~V~S and others have talked about certain mechanics which they feel Golden and Juliets "must" have included in the game to make things "fair." I don't know if I necessarily agree with that, but I will say that I'll be a little bit disappointed in them if they took David Lynch and made him a vanilla role. That's just ignoring a possible avenue of creativity, right there.

So, I think there's more than meets the eye with DH. This isn't necessarily something nefarious, but either his role appears vanilla, or he got turned vanilla by someone else. I realize that due to the info-dumping and role-claiming rules, DH can't really clear any of this up, but it's definitely something I'm keeping my eye on, and it influences my read of him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”