Total votes: 17
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 11

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Here is the analysis
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:23 pm If Quin/Speed are both civs, LC has-1. Nutella dies. Possible.

If they are both bad, LC has +3. I die. Impossible.

If one is civ and one is bad, LC has +1. I die. Impossible.

If one indie and one civ:
Spoiler: show
If indies give +1 to LC, he has +1. I die. Impossible.

If indies give -1 to LC, he has -1. Nutella dies. Possible.

If indies give 0 to LC, he has 0. Tie. Possible.

If one indie and one bad:
If indies give +1 to LC, he has +3. I die. Impossible.

If indies give -1 to LC, he has +1. I die. Impossible.

If indies give 0 to LC, he has +2. I die. Impossible.

If both indies:
If indies give +1 to LC, he has +2. I die. Impossible.

If indies give -1 to LC, he has -0. Tie. Possible.

If indies give 0 to LC, he has +1. I die. Impossible.

Assuming no extra vote manipulation, Quin is either civ or indie. He cannot be mafia.

QED.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The point is that Nutella was lynched over me because of a combination between mine and LC's roles. I had -2 votes by default, and LC vote power was affected by the alignment of people he had previously voted for (Speed and Quin). Knowing Nutella was lynched with three less votes, it's possible to infer Speed and Quin's alignments.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

nijuukyugou wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm I'm reading this thread, albeit slowly, as stuff has started to pick up before spring break/grading period ends (ughhhhhhh). I have no intention of digging into Pikachu thread, when I so thoroughly enjoyed the quiet of Cerberus.

I see many a vote on Wilgy. I suspected and voted Wilgy a while back, a lot because I thought his response with some whole silencer mess was floundery, so this is understandable and I will likely follow suit. I also didn't like Sloonei's easy acceptance of the explanation Wilgy gave. Actually, I'm still itchy from that interaction, too. Like I said, I'm still reading this thread (thankfully there are only 5 pages), and sorry but not reading Pikachu (I'll be happy to read specific things pointed out/quoted, but I ain't slogging through 66 pages), but what do people think of Sloonei? SVS was looking at him with some suspicion in Cerberus for various reasons (e.g., not reporting some things from his observer status in Pikachu, people's easy vote for him to do so, his quick assumption that we weren't lynching because of lack of votes, etc.). Both of them make me itch. I'll go ahead and aubergine Wilgy for now, but for Wilgy's sake, I will also read what others' explanations are for voting him.

Those are thoughts that happened. I kinda didn't expect my post to go there, but it did. So there.
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 am Quick post (because I’m seriously doubtful I’ll be back before deadline with the day’s events here). Gonna aubergine Wilgy because of that role descriptor. Will catch up later (I’m trying to do bits by phone when I have time) when I’m on a computer.
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:56 am
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 am Quick post (because I’m seriously doubtful I’ll be back before deadline with the day’s events here). Gonna aubergine Wilgy because of that role descriptor. Will catch up later (I’m trying to do bits by phone when I have time) when I’m on a computer.
I am curious
My role sounds much worse than his
Why no vote for me?

Are you voting for
Wilgy ONLY for the role
Description? Or why?

If only for the
Role Description you look bad
for that vote reason
Because I’m reading this on a phone and drunk from shower shenanigans. I have no computer right now and none until tomorrow. I have read about five peoples posts (six now) and have more motivation to eat sushi right now than read more stuff on a tiny screen. Real talk.
nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm Let’s try this again.

No I haven’t caught up.

Yes I said that last time.

Why yes, I did literally just remember that I was playing this. This week is already hella busy/exhausting and it’s TUESDAY.

Yes I’m aubergine’ing Wilgy. That last lunch was a shitshow.
OK, I read Nijus 8 posts in this thread. And it was a roller coaster (albeit a small one) of reacts. One felt like civ Niju, 2 and 4 not so much. Her response to me did not really answer my question to her. But since 2 and 4 informed a lot of my bad feel on her in the present, I am going to have to go back to Cerberus and try to recall why I felt as I did about her there. And Boom, too, since I read his five posts in this thread (Happy Wedding Shower, you two :cloud9: ) and they did not inspire the confidence in him that his Cerberus posts did. Although I really did like this post for the feel of engagement, even though he draws different conclusions than I do:
Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am Ok, reading this thing. I had reasons to vote Wilgy in the previous thread, and I encourage you to review my ISO there for said thoughts. In this thread, come on — he has nothing else, so comes in swinging at me.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm Well well well... what do we have here.

I am now back from vacation. Someone catch me up.
Oh nice timing hai

Can you still view the other thread where everyone was holding you at gunpoint?

Maybe give us some reads right quick
Yeah I can. Can't say I read any of it though, only noticed y'all wanted to murder me to super death and back.

Shit, the only thing I'm still clinging to the thoughts I had on Boomslang a week ago which was a bad read.
I like Sloonei's responses to SVS's questions. He reads as reasonable and civ-oriented, and I feel better about him now that the tribes have combined and he's no longer going for the lynch just to be lynching.

Epi's analysis of my interactions with Marmot is spot-on. DH's obsession with speedchuck is not. SVS says it succinctly with "If nutellas role did not have that "cannot target a teammate" line, I would be right at the front of the pitchfork line, DH."

Obviously, I don't like anyone voting me for joining a train on a reasonable case. Cbob, that means you. Scotty has been supertown this whole game, can't get that mad at him for complaining about my low engagement recently. Trying to get caught up, but also going out of town again this weekend :/
So Nijus posts in this thread moved her from "most def bad" to "potentially bad". Her explanation for her WIlgy vote in post One was much more complex than her later one, and had she said that the second time, she would not have jumped to the top of my list. Her last post still has that "gloating it over the civs who lynched a civ" feel about it to me, since "shitshow" is a bit extreme being as there was the Nutella thing, and me saying the Nutella thing was a red herring, BUT he's still bad (which I still believe, btw).
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 pm INH: Why did you withhold your defense of Wilgy until today? None of the arguments against him changed or evolved since before.
I didn't purposefully withhold anything. I stated that I didn't agree with Daisy's case and thought it was bullpucky when she posted it in the Cerberus Tribe thread. I stated that I had misgivings about voting for him, but I still did it anyway on Day 9. That led to people voting for me for "distancing." Then, when I posted a spirited defense of him, the same handful of people responded to me with a shrug, basically ignoring the question of his alignment, and asked me "why not Wilgy?" :wall:
The handful of people that voted for you were me, speed, and I think DDL. Speed is gone, and I thought your case was pretty solid.
Both of you responded to my Wilgy case with "why not Wilgy," which was basically why I voted for him Day 9 despite my misgivings. For you to criticize me, then turn around, and spout the same viewpoint a couple days later, feels a tad hypocritical.
It would be, if it had happened. My mentions of you today:
colonialbob wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:33 pm what does everyone think of INH?
My reason for suspicion still stands; however, a quick iso showed similar emotional reactions most of the game to Sloonei's votes so I can buy a civ inh who is frustrated votes keep coming for reasons he thinks are dumb. He's moved down my suspects list.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:36 am PS I'm voting for the next person who quotes inh's Atticus impression. Stop it.

(It's good stuff but it was long enough the first time without putting it in quote blocks)
Which of those is "responding with "why not Wilgy?""
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DDL did in fact respond with "why not Wilgy," though, so you're partly correct. One of the three people who voted for you responded with why not Wilgy, one didn't, one was dead.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

Not changing my mind from last time. Vote Wilgy aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 amKylemii- I can't recall much that he has said. I need to read him. This concerns me because I almost always notice him for the light he brings to the thread. Sloonei says Kyle is one of his strongest civ reads, but I am missing how.
have you been talking to JackofHearts? :p

idk. I think I've just been generally losing interest in mafia lately. I noticed it a lot in fiddler on the roof where instead of actively playing I just became like.... a passenger, where my only contributions have been through process of elimination and like... contemporary thread posts analysis where i follow other people. everything else has felt more like a chore to me than a game. I think after this game I'm probably going to take a break for a couple months to refresh my interest
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 amKylemii- I can't recall much that he has said. I need to read him. This concerns me because I almost always notice him for the light he brings to the thread. Sloonei says Kyle is one of his strongest civ reads, but I am missing how.

idk. I think I've just been generally losing interest in mafia lately. I noticed it a lot in fiddler on the roof where instead of actively playing I just became like.... a passenger, where my only contributions have been through process of elimination and like... contemporary thread posts analysis where i follow other people. everything else has felt more like a chore to me than a game. I think after this game I'm probably going to take a break for a couple months to refresh my interest
I don't know Kyle, I played Fiddler with you and I really felt a strong town vibe from you. I am not feeling that from you here and I can't put my finger on exactly why. Most of your posts in recent games I've played with you it's like I can hear your normal tone in them, but this game it's like... totally forgettable that you are even here. I would list you in probably my top two or three suspects right now. I kept waiting to feel it from you, but it's just not there. And yeah I suppose it could be you losing interest and your new job/schedule taking up your mental energy (learning about fish can be hard), but I don't feel comfortable just giving you a pass when I feel like something is off because your excuse could be plausible.

If I am wrong about Wilgy, I would be looking at Scotty next. I think I have liked Scptty throughout for his activity but the way he lept so fully on board with me about Wilgy has had me feeling a little less certain. I know that probably sounds weird, but it felt like an unnatural jumping on board. Like everyone was nay saying, then a little while later out of nowhere it felt like he was very suddenly saying Wilgy was his top suspect. But I can't really recall hearing his reasons for suspecting Wilgy. I would very much like to hear that from him. I know my reasons, and I remember Sloonei's reasons, just not Scotty's reasons. This is worrisome.

If Wilgy is civ, I feel better about INH. He mentioned having suspicion of me in Cerebus but I don't really remember any of that, so I wouldn't mind if he reminded me what exactly he felt was suspicious of me before I posted my meta case against Wilgy. If Wilgy is bad, I would very much be listing INH as someone I don't trust. Not because he defended him, but because of how he defended him.

I would still list Boomslang as a slight baddie read, a lot of lingering doubt from Day 1 and 2. I didn't like his reasoning for his votes on those days, and something about his interaction with Blooper had me feeling like it was a little off. I need to read it again.

Frankly, SVS has confused me. She said she always believed Speedchuck to be bad, but she sounded like she was defending him when she first came back in here after the tribes were merged. I kind of gave up understanding that whole situation with Nutella's role and what it had to do with Speedchuck. It went over my head. I don't find myself particularly suspecting her, just really confused by her.

I think Dom is civ. Got nothing more to say there, just that I see his town game.

No opinion right now on Epi, DDL, Quin & cbob.

Sig & sprityo I keep forgetting are even playing. That always makes me put someone into the slight baddie lean list. Especially since I don't think either one are inactive.

Blooper I think I would put at a slight town read now. I was previously concerned that her actions surrounding her first role seemed off. But why would the hosts force the players to enter in role names instead of their real names unless the players were not on the same team? I think the chances of two different players from two different mafia teams having these roles seems unlikely. So I am leaning toward her being good right now, because I have liked her posts lately.

DH & Sloonei I trust these guys the most atm.

Wilgy is bad news and I am casting an aubergine VOTE for WILGY.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 am ebwop, also Sloonei has said I was his on;y bad read from when he watched us. But this is his first mention of it, or me (other than in passing about the Speed lynch) since the tribes merged.

Wonder why supaciv did not mention his one bad read in front of me? This was his one mention of it, when he got to Pikachu, but he did not say why and he did not bring it up again.
Am I suspicious for not mentioning it to you earlier?

Also I have not been supaciv in this thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

All of my available time and energy right now is going toward trying to figure out where I want to go to school this fall. Mafia is taking a backseat along with everything else. I'm sorry that my participation has fallen off a cliff in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

Daisy Trusts Me Most
This is a great call from her
She is very smart.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 pm Daisy Trusts Me Most
This is a great call from her
She is very smart.
No she trusts me most!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, this may sound weird (and maybe I should have put this whole post in green, but meh, the first part is kind of on topic)

I don't know what it is called, it isn't really "synesthesia" but that may be a helpful comparison. You know how when I talk about my gut or how someone makes me feel, well, that isn't 100% accurate. I associate people with colors, I don't "see" colors, but I think them. I don't assign them myself or anything, they just happen. When someone feels different to me, that is why. Their color seems off. It doesn't happen with everyone, but when it does I feel that I tend to read them better than not. It helps me translate peoples emotional content in a way I can process better. I tend to see you as a springtime person, a nice leaf green.

This game, I am not seeing your color at all (I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SO WEIRD, but it is what it is; just keeping it real). And what you say kind of explains that for me.

And fwiw, take the break. When it stops being fun and becomes work, what's the point? And when you do play, play your own game, not someone elses. It is always more fun being ones self. I tried to do that, to play my game more like the RYMers for a while, and it made me miserable. Be you, bright green and springtime, always.
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:47 am
Frankly, SVS has confused me. She said she always believed Speedchuck to be bad, but she sounded like she was defending him when she first came back in here after the tribes were merged. I kind of gave up understanding that whole situation with Nutella's role and what it had to do with Speedchuck. It went over my head. I don't find myself particularly suspecting her, just really confused by her.
I thought I had explained this fairly well. I am sorry if I did not.

After Chucks role reveal, I did not want him lynched initially becasue, while I thought he was bad, I just wanted to watch him, and I felt we would learn nothing from lynching him becasue he would flip civ (since I felt someone other than Nutella had revealed his "role"). So I tried to talk people out of it in Cerberus when it first happened, but when the tribes merged, it felt like the Fiery torches were in full force and there was no talking the mob out of it. So I wanted my opinion out there, crazy as it sounded.

Quin, to some extent, saw what I saw about the Nutellas Role Frenzy, and knew it was wrong, but unlike me he believed Chuck was civ, I think. I could be wrong there, but I don't think I am.

Since I still think he was bad, I am OK with Chuck being gone. But I think he derailed us.

So sorry for being confusing. It is certainly never my intention to be less than clear, but with the somewhat Byzantine mechanics and roles as they have so far been revealed, and the limitations of the hosts rules, it can be hard to explain things at times. I will try to do better in that way.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 am
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:10 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 pm INH: Why did you withhold your defense of Wilgy until today? None of the arguments against him changed or evolved since before.
I didn't purposefully withhold anything. I stated that I didn't agree with Daisy's case and thought it was bullpucky when she posted it in the Cerberus Tribe thread. I stated that I had misgivings about voting for him, but I still did it anyway on Day 9. That led to people voting for me for "distancing." Then, when I posted a spirited defense of him, the same handful of people responded to me with a shrug, basically ignoring the question of his alignment, and asked me "why not Wilgy?" :wall:
I don't mean that you purposefully withheld your defense.

Who should die instead of Wilgy?
Off the top of my head, Sig or Scotty. I've been nursing a case against Sig since like Day 5, and I still think my reasons for suspecting him are valid.

YE OLDE SIG CASE
THE CASE AGAINST SIG

this is gonna have to be multiple posts because ISO’ing someone is fucking impossible on phones
insertnamehere wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm
Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
To elaborate, he went from town reading Sloonei to voting for him to once again to town reading him to calling his posts scummy a couple hours later. All the while, he was accusing Sloonei of “flip-flipping.” He later provided some explanations that were more than a little half-assed, IMO.

Early in the game, he called Sloonei’s case against me weak and thought it reflected poorly on Sloonei.

By Day 4, he’s completely reversed that opinion, and considers me one of his top suspects because he now believes Sloonei’s early case against me was “good.”

He just hasn’t really shown any consistency in his reads and views, seemingly changing them depending on which way the wind blows. He hasn’t contributed much if any substantial content to the thread, and is by far the strongest candidate for today’s lynch, in my opinion.
Since the merge happened, he's:
-proceeded to vacillate wildly about Sloonei
-voted for Boomslang Day 9 sans justification
-was a loyal passenger on the Speedchuck wagon, attacking the Wilgy case, calling it a "scapegoat counterwagon." Interrogates Wilgy voters and tries to get them to swich to Speed.
-immediately after the Speedchuck lynch, suggests a Wilgy lynch the next day, tells people to look at people who "flipflopped" or "gave very weak reasoning" for their Speed votes, presumably without irony.
-posted this bland wall of reads
sig wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:20 pm I like SVS, Epi, DDL

I don't like DH last minute switch from Wilgy to Speed with such little reasoning when he was so adamant on leaving Speed alive, very strange progression.

I would say the same about DDL, but outside of that he looks good.

Sloonie is looking very meh to me. He was a civ than mafia than back to civ and now he's leaning back into the mafia camp. I just can't decide what to think about him.

Bloober pinged me awhile back, but I can't remember why.
Lorab, Scotty, and Sprityo are all civ leans/independent.

I'll probably vote for Wilgy.

Didn't we figure out refrigerator has to be Quin? If that's the case do we believe that's a mafia role. It doesn't seem that civvie, however we have had curse roles that are held by a civ this past year.
Every word in that post makes me go "meh." Oddly enough, Lorab, a civ lean, was heavily criticized by Sig for voting Wilgy during Day 10. His tune seems to have very quickly changed.

Nothing he's said has been inspiring, he's had no real consistent stances or opinions, he seems to go with whatever the popular thread direction is, and is bringing nothing to the table, while trying to look like a "contributor."

Now, for Scotty. Here's the thing about Scotty. Dude posts a shitton of stuff. To me, him posting a shitton of stuff ain't alignment indicative. It's his playstyle, and he'd try to imitate it best he could if he was bad.

In my opinion, he's been relentlessly pushing weak lynch candidates, who are mainly infrequent posters, then backing off whenever he detects any possible resistance. Here's the example of this that sticks in my proverbial craw, due to the context of the Pikachu Tribe at the time, and the likely possibility that scum team BTSC communicated info about each tribe, and they all knew about the lynch-trading mechanic.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm Thirdly, Scotty. @S~V~S, you were pretty sus of him due to all the Day 5 shenanigans. Here's my perspective. Scotty, JoH, and Sloonei were all desperately pushing towards lynches at any costs at this point in the game, which was tricky due to having no real flips or info to go off of. Their solution seemed to essentially be playing spin-the-bottle with whoever either disagreed with them or hadn't posted in a while. Boomslang, who is my current top civ read, disagreed with them, and has been relentlessly pursued because of it.

Sloonei and Scotty had a case against me, which they themselves admitted was BS. Nevertheless due to a mixture of apathy and inertia, I began picking up votes. I wrote up a case against sig, which was based on actual, y'know, stuff, and that managed to shift their attention.

At the time, I was nervous that a scummeister could be using the pressure towards a lynch with more voters than Pikachu's to frame civilians.

The fact that this push to beat Pikachu's numbers happened at the same time as LC was about to be lynched over there, well, it don't look great.

Out of the three (relatively) hyper-active players pushing towards a lynch, Scotty's the one that looks the worst to me. JoH is dead, and Sloonei has seemingly calmed down a hell of a lot when the button got pressed. Scotty's the one who first made the switch when I protested against my lynch and offered an "easier" alternative.

This is all not to imply that I don't still suspect sig. As I said over at NuCerberus:
Like Quin said, there's a pretty decent chance that in a game this size that's this convoluted, (I know, I'm one to talk) there are multiple baddie teams. Even if sig's "wagon" was bolstered by an attempt to save LC's bacon, that doesn't discount any of my suspicions of him. Plus, sig had an extra life at that time, and I could see a baddie team not really minding bussing a member with two lives to try and save someone else. :shrug:
Scotty's the one who moved thread-targets lightning fast, and desperately tried to drum up votes in order to fulfill the, imo, not particularly necessary, objective of lynching someone at the exact same time that Pikachu was about to sell LC down the river.

The timing stinks worse than 8-month old tuna.

Other things fill me with skepticism towards him. His beating of the Boomslang drum, and his utter bafflement when I said I listed him as a town read. Followed by his 180 where he now leans civ on Boomslang despite trying to lynch the poor guy for most of the game. Bleh.

That's off the top of my head. I may try and dive into the mountain of Scotty posts to try and dig for some more stuff later. Unfortunately, I need sleep.
I appreciate you, INH. I need at least a few detractors to get the boogies off my back. I like you, even if you’re misguided on me. I understand I have a lot of bullshit to sift through. A side effect of the spur of the moment bullshit is that, if I were mafia, I’m giving myself away by talking too much. I’d like to think I would be more cautious as mafia and not want to put all my thoughts on paper. But I dunno. Maybe I would.

I could definitely be down with a sig lynch tho.
I don’t think sig was sacrificed. I think he is on the opposing team that killed him.
If Wilgy is bad, I’m keeping in mind however that sig ended up targeting Wilgy (as Mr. Poe) and would have had a 1/3 chance to die, but was silenced instead. Supposedly. All of that is hearsay.
Scotty's the one who moved thread-targets lightning fast, and desperately tried to drum up votes in order to fulfill the, imo, not particularly necessary, objective of lynching someone at the exact same time that Pikachu was about to sell LC down the river.

The timing stinks worse than 8-month old tuna.
Now look here, bucko.

Your linking of my involvement to the LC lynch is annoyingly coincidental, and actually my “desperation” in drumming up votes to lynch wasn’t just from Day 5 or whenever LC was lynched.

If you want an example, don’t worry, I went back to my history to pull up for you with time stamps my intrinsic desire to get lynches:

Day 3:
#542 Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:17 pm
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't disagree that comparisons can be drawn to LoRab in this game and Fiddler, but I would hesitate to pounce on them. There has been next to no consensus in this thread and very little in the way of strong reads from anyone. LoRab probably stands out as being the most off the radar, though, and that worries me some. She's provided reasons for this which make her absence understandable, but do not tell me anything about her alignment.

In a sort of answer to your question, Scotty, I have no reason to town read LoRab. I'd consider voting for her today. I'm not eager to settle on her for being the easiest target.
There are no easy targets because we’ve learned nothing from our side aside from ninja having a mason and my old insanifying role.

If we ever want to lynch someone we will need more votes than the other tribe, which means more consensus. I’d still treat this as a D1. I hate D1s but someone should go, cause someone be killing and I’m pissed
So I just want to nip that one in the bud. Yes, I wanted as much lynch votes as possible on day 3, 4, 5, 6, because OF COURSE I DID. WE WERE ON PERPETUAL DAY 1 and had lost 5 people to NKs and no lynches to offset. I’m surprised MORE people weren’t pissed off.

I was also assuming that lynches = the other team received the NK because nothing pointed to the contrary at that point.

So anyway, moving on
Did you ever insanify anyone, Scotty?

I can’t very well answer that, now can I? How will that help you?

OK, GTH reads. I never completed my read of Cerberus so this is based on spot readings over there in some cases.

Boomslang- WHERE ARE YOU!?! Felt good about his posts at Cerberus. Shake civ feels.
colonialbob- Missed that crucial LC #2 lynch vote, then tried to say he didn't. But not everyone can be on the Evens, plus there was his point about how Nutella would not have been last to vote for him had she been his teammate. Could be bad, but I know I felt fairly good about him until Day 6, and have not felt bad about him since. So meh.
dharmahelper-I have brainwashed myself into not suspecting him. I have had my scares, but overall he feels civ to me.
Dom- Feel good about Dom, I always feel good about Dom, my opinion about Dom is meaningless.
Dragon D Luffy- I think DDL is bad.
DrWilgy- I could see Wilgy bad, more so after his vote yesterday. I had no real opinion of him on my own, my opinions were based on others cases, like Kyle, he was a null for me. Which is concerning, since they are almost never null values to me.
Epignosis- I think he's a civ
insertnamehere- I also think he's a civ
Kylemii- I can't recall much that he has said. I need to read him. This concerns me because I almost always notice him for the light he brings to the thread. Sloonei says Kyle is one of his strongest civ reads, but I am missing how.
LoRab- Feels blendy even for her, hasn't had any strong opinions I can think of, held onto the merge, keeping info from civs. Leaning bad.
nijuukyugou- I think she is bad, makes blendy votes. I don't recall what about her posts @Cerberus got my eye, but she felt "faux" to me. My initial impression was "bad" and nothing has changed that.
Quin- Think he's a civ
Scotty- Conflict, he has civved the civ, but a few things stand out. Gut says don't trust him.
sig- I was freaked by him (and Sloonei) instantly understanding how the lynched worked with no discussion less than 5 minutes after the first lynch post. But since then he has sigged pretty hard GTH I actually feel pretty OK about him. I don't feel the sly element I get from bad sig. But like Dom, he fools me well, so not sure how much value this opinion has.
Sloonei- I think he's bad, and to my credit, did so in Cerberus. Hated his refusal to share info with civs, who had none, out fo fear of sharing it with baddies who had it anyhow. Also hated how he knew how the lynches worked as soon as the first lynch was posted.
Spacedaisy- Like Boom, fell off the radar. Although I know she is also irl megabusy, but I felt good about her when she was here
sprityo- I felt he was civ based totally on his thread before he died. He sttod out more before the merge, but it could be his level is the same, there are just more people
S~V~S- I am the civviest poisoner ever to not poison anyone :dance:

Not sure how work will treat me today, I plan to work on a Niju case, and see where that leads me. I will definitely have time to post before lynch end even if work is busy.

Question to the group: Would holding back the merge have benefitted a baddie team? I an not great at that kind of analysis, so any opinions on this? Or did those opinions already happen and I missed them? I missed a lot of the thread the day Chuck was off the poll and we had Wilgy 1, it felt somewhat "Lords of the Flies" ish to me in here that day, so I skipped alot of it.

This all depends on the size of the mafia teams within each tribe. If the tribes are whiddled down too much, they’re at risk of being exposed due to alienation. If a player hadn’t been killed yet, it’s then a game of POE unless they self sacrificed. So I think the merge could have waited a little longer before it got to that point.

Of course there’s the obvious- if one tribe has lost all their mafia of a certain affiliation, then you would want to merge the tribe to increase your kill pool. I doubt that happened in our scenario burn hypothetically that would be a good reason to merge.

If you could rest assured that tribal threads couldn’t be viewed once merge happened, then keeping tribes separated as long as possible is a great thing for mafia, because thread based evidence would take a backseat to memory and he-said-she-said.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]Scotty[/mention] perhaps I should have asked, did anyone ever appear to have been insanified by anyone? DId anyone post in insanity? I was just curious, I did not notice if anyone was.
If you could rest assured that tribal threads couldn’t be viewed once merge happened, then keeping tribes separated as long as possible is a great thing for mafia, because thread based evidence would take a backseat to memory and he-said-she-said
This, yeah, I had this in mind, too. And my experience with Golden from BSG tells me that if they asked that question, Golden might not answer the baddies. It is too late and too labor intensive to look at who may have had inconsistencies, but it makes me want to read some more in Cerberus. And it makes me want to reread LoRab.

Thanks for the insights!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:30 pm @Scotty perhaps I should have asked, did anyone ever appear to have been insanified by anyone? DId anyone post in insanity? I was just curious, I did not notice if anyone was.
If you could rest assured that tribal threads couldn’t be viewed once merge happened, then keeping tribes separated as long as possible is a great thing for mafia, because thread based evidence would take a backseat to memory and he-said-she-said
This, yeah, I had this in mind, too. And my experience with Golden from BSG tells me that if they asked that question, Golden might not answer the baddies. It is too late and too labor intensive to look at who may have had inconsistencies, but it makes me want to read some more in Cerberus. And it makes me want to reread LoRab.

Thanks for the insights!
It appeared INH posted some silly stuff on D2 and Kyle posted some weird stuff on D3 and Epi has been posting some bizarre things every day since Day 4. I cant substantiate any of those tho

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:20 pm I like SVS, Epi, DDL

I don't like DH last minute switch from Wilgy to Speed with such little reasoning when he was so adamant on leaving Speed alive, very strange progression.

I would say the same about DDL, but outside of that he looks good.

Sloonie is looking very meh to me. He was a civ than mafia than back to civ and now he's leaning back into the mafia camp. I just can't decide what to think about him.

Bloober pinged me awhile back, but I can't remember why.
Lorab, Scotty, and Sprityo are all civ leans/independent.

I'll probably vote for Wilgy.

Didn't we figure out refrigerator has to be Quin? If that's the case do we believe that's a mafia role. It doesn't seem that civvie, however we have had curse roles that are held by a civ this past year.
Even if sig is good, I’m having trouble determining what he actually thinks with all this noncommittal jargon he’s thrown into this player salad. It’s like a taxi driver asking where you want to go and you cheerfully exclaiming, “yea, that sounds great I guess”

Help us not mislynch you.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 am
Quin, to some extent, saw what I saw about the Nutellas Role Frenzy, and knew it was wrong, but unlike me he believed Chuck was civ, I think. I could be wrong there, but I don't think I am.
I didn't. I just thought the timing to lynch him was off.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Before I forget:

If he wasn't haiku'd I'd probably vote DH (don't get why people have him as highly trusted). But he is, so I won't.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What the fuck my dude
You would vote for a townfirm
Why would you do that

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:39 pm Before I forget:

If he wasn't haiku'd I'd probably vote DH (don't get why people have him as highly trusted). But he is, so I won't.
I don’t see the DH hate, tbh. I have him a civ read, myself
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm What the fuck my dude
Why would you do that
Ok well I wouldn’t go that far

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I hope that by quoting your post with a car picture (which you’ve been doing now at least a couple phases) I’m not marked for death.

What an annoying role Wilgy’s was- punishing people for responding to posts

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:52 pm I hope that by quoting your post with a car picture (which you’ve been doing now at least a couple phases) I’m not marked for death.

What an annoying role Wilgy’s was- punishing people for responding to posts
I figure it's a homage to Punch Buggy from CC123. Going off that he's more likely to benefit from you doing it than you being punished.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Why would you do that
Townfirm lol
Gonna need you to explain
Well, anybody
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:21 pm
Why would you do that
Townfirm lol
Gonna need you to explain
Well, anybody
I am King of Civs
No explanation needed
Everyone trusts me

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:47 amI don't know Kyle, I played Fiddler with you and I really felt a strong town vibe from you. I am not feeling that from you here and I can't put my finger on exactly why. Most of your posts in recent games I've played with you it's like I can hear your normal tone in them, but this game it's like... totally forgettable that you are even here. I would list you in probably my top two or three suspects right now. I kept waiting to feel it from you, but it's just not there. And yeah I suppose it could be you losing interest and your new job/schedule taking up your mental energy (learning about fish can be hard), but I don't feel comfortable just giving you a pass when I feel like something is off because your excuse could be plausible.
I mean... Yeah you've basically covered all the differences between this game and fiddler. I have real life responsibilities and also this game is much larger and I haven't read half of it's content. But I'm really like.... 100% not asking to be given a pass though. I don't want a pass. that's boring and it won't motivate me to play better. Usually when I get into this phase of mafia lethargy one of the sloonei-jay-ignosis archetype players notices and calls me out on it and asks me to like... give some specific reads and it makes the game more interesting again.... maybe I actually should just bite the bullet and read the thread after all??? maybe that's why I feel so disengaged, half the time I feel like I'm just watching someone else's mafia game. that will be my night 11 mission.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kyle I think a good place to start might be just Day 10 - do you get any reads from the speedchuck/Wilgy trains?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:30 pmScotty perhaps I should have asked, did anyone ever appear to have been insanified by anyone? DId anyone post in insanity? I was just curious, I did not notice if anyone was.
iirc inh and i (and maybe one other?) were insanified before Scotty's death and flip as the insanifier. I was a little salty about it and questioned him and asked him why he might have targeted the way he did, especially after requesting that he wanted to hear more from me. that's when we discovered the "living players who had previously alive roles cannot answer questions about their past lives night actions" rule, but I believe it was insinuated that he wasn't responsible for all of the insanifications and that there might be a power copying role of some kind.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:33 pm Kyle I think a good place to start might be just Day 10 - do you get any reads from the speedchuck/Wilgy trains?
why do you think that would be a good place to start?

the only reads that can be derived from that depend on Wilgy's alignment.

I'm gonna go read Pikachu brb
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:23 am
Quin wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 pm You are wasting your vote Quin.
What happened to the DDL who would happily engage in verbal fisticuffs with me when I suspected him?
That was when doing so mattered.
Disappointing.

I'm out the door in a few minutes so I don't have time to pull posts, but I'll make it matter.

When we lynched LC 2.0, you were finding excuses to be off his wagon at the same time as Scotty was leading the charge which could have saved LC that day. I believe sig pointed this out initially.

I encourage people to read his posts during Day 5 because I don't find his counter arguments to be genuine. He was opposing the wagon for the sake of opposing it.

I want a counter to the Wilgy train. I would like it to be DDL.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Bring it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

uh... before I start, our know mafia are

strexcorp -
marmot

and

evil evens -
nutella
long con

right? were there any others
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

known
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:40 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:23 am
Quin wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 pm You are wasting your vote Quin.
What happened to the DDL who would happily engage in verbal fisticuffs with me when I suspected him?
That was when doing so mattered.
Disappointing.

I'm out the door in a few minutes so I don't have time to pull posts, but I'll make it matter.

When we lynched LC 2.0, you were finding excuses to be off his wagon at the same time as Scotty was leading the charge which could have saved LC that day. I believe sig pointed this out initially.

I encourage people to read his posts during Day 5 because I don't find his counter arguments to be genuine. He was opposing the wagon for the sake of opposing it.

I want a counter to the Wilgy train. I would like it to be DDL.
I am not a fan of that Aubergine on me, tbh, so I will join you. I agree re that not voting for LC just to not vote for LC thing.

*VOTE DDL*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, after I voted this is what the screen looks like, I am sure it is a glitch, but ha ha

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pmOK, this may sound weird (and maybe I should have put this whole post in green, but meh, the first part is kind of on topic)

I don't know what it is called, it isn't really "synesthesia" but that may be a helpful comparison. You know how when I talk about my gut or how someone makes me feel, well, that isn't 100% accurate. I associate people with colors, I don't "see" colors, but I think them. I don't assign them myself or anything, they just happen. When someone feels different to me, that is why. Their color seems off. It doesn't happen with everyone, but when it does I feel that I tend to read them better than not. It helps me translate peoples emotional content in a way I can process better. I tend to see you as a springtime person, a nice leaf green.

This game, I am not seeing your color at all (I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SO WEIRD, but it is what it is; just keeping it real). And what you say kind of explains that for me.
haha yeah that is pretty weird :p but cool

on some level i think i do strive to exist in the gray areas, but I think lately it's been coming at the cost of my efficiency. I can't help but feel like fire emblem might have ended differently if I'd put more effort into PoE and followed my instincts on nutella
And fwiw, take the break. When it stops being fun and becomes work, what's the point? And when you do play, play your own game, not someone elses. It is always more fun being ones self. I tried to do that, to play my game more like the RYMers for a while, and it made me miserable. Be you, bright green and springtime, always.
i probably will, for at least a month or something. I mean mafia's great but sometimes it's nice to just like... spend time on hobbies that don't involve sitting still and staring at my phone for sometimes hours at a timelol
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm i probably will, for at least a month or something. I mean mafia's great but sometimes it's nice to just like... spend time on hobbies that don't involve sitting still and staring at my phone for sometimes hours at a time lol
THIS is your problem. If Mafia was a phone game to me, I'd play like 1 game a year. Desktop/laptop 4 lyfe.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hate Mafia approximately 20 times more when I am playing it on my phone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm i probably will, for at least a month or something. I mean mafia's great but sometimes it's nice to just like... spend time on hobbies that don't involve sitting still and staring at my phone for sometimes hours at a time lol
THIS is your problem. If Mafia was a phone game to me, I'd play like 1 game a year. Desktop/laptop 4 lyfe.
mmmm maybe so

but the thing is if I compare the amount of time i spend in proximity to a laptop to the time I spend on a phone it's like.... 5%
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:23 pm I hate Mafia approximately 20 times more when I am playing it on my phone.
...... huh.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

10 pages of poems
haiku styled posts in spades
oh shit, i should vote
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

it doesn't actually matter where I vote, math-wise. I'm putting my vote on [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine regardless. I think Sloonei's reasoning and case was good enough and he's one of the cerb-y boys I trust the most.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I feel like starting a counter wagon on Sig or Bob.

But nah, Wilgy must die.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Almost end of Day
Doctor Wilgy is so fucked
Once again, I'm Great.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Despite what everyone says I feel ok about Scotty.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Oh good I have signal again.

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] I was suggesting you start there because it required less reading. If you feel like reading all of Pikachu go for it.

Also I'm in the same 95+% phone posting boat as you.

I'll throw down a symbolic [VOTE: dharmahelper] aubergine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My defunct laptop keyboard has made my phone more convenient in some ways. I only use my laptop for big case posts, really.

I need a new laptop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm Oh good I have signal again.

@Kylemii I was suggesting you start there because it required less reading. If you feel like reading all of Pikachu go for it.

i think honestly my problem is that i was trying to enjoy this game with as little effort as possible. the effort itself is waht makes it enjoyable. you cant eat your cake without having it first etc. etc. etc.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Phone is useful for catching up.

But laptop is how I actually play the game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:51 pm
colonialbob wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm Oh good I have signal again.

@Kylemii I was suggesting you start there because it required less reading. If you feel like reading all of Pikachu go for it.

i think honestly my problem is that i was trying to enjoy this game with as little effort as possible. the effort itself is waht makes it enjoyable. you cant eat your cake without having it first etc. etc. etc.
This game doesnt reward effort that much though. It takes 6 real life days to get someone lynched, maybe more if people decide to lynch someone in-between, and that's after we got rid of the tribe system that gave a 50% chance for lynches to fail.

If I made this game I'd have given it a double lynch, double kill system, and tried to get it finished before day 12.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”