Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 12

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:10 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:02 pm Commander Sloonei
What brought about your idea
That Mii is evil?
It's not a fully assured idea yet, but it stems from process of elimination when looking at the Pikachu 2.0 crew. Same as what brought me to suspect wilgy earlier. If we assume that the Evil Evens killed sprityo, then there must have been an Even in Pikachu with us.

It is possible that we've been on the wrong path about this and that strex kills on even nights while the Evens kill on odd nights. It is counter-intuitive, but that might be the point. If it weren't for the theory about evens killing sprit, I'd probably not suspect anyone from Pikachu 2.0.

I should look back and see if there was any resistance to the nutella suspicion before she got blown up.
That is quite doubtful
If you believe that Marmot
Gave us bad weather
I'm not sure that I do.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm Reading through as quickly as I can instead of meeting my deadline for the local paper... #justmafiathings. Also, drinking beer because Good Friday monk diet.

Super glad that the Wilgy flip turned out correctly. Spacedaisy's celebration reads so authentic as opposed to "look at me I'm civ and got this right" that I'm basically willing to clear her at this point. She's wrong about me being involved in the Blooper kill, but I still think she's town.

Sloonei's SVS case reads weirdly to me. He's essentially criticizing her for calling him supatown; he may be less active in this thread, but he was the driving force in Cerberus. My gut says SVS was a civ just pushing buttons to generate responses there. However, he's right about sig delivering player salad, as well as his weird "even the playing field" comment. And Scotty chips in with good vote analysis of a Wilgy/Sig connection.

Colonialbob is diving deep into mechanics discussion and hypotheticals about recruitment, which I don't see as particularly helpful. This game is complicated enough as is without that mechanic, and I think he's trying to muddy the pot.

I think Epi's on the right track with vote analysis for Wilgy/Speedchuck. Who joined the train when it was truly inevitable to avoid standing out? And that leads us to Colonialbob and sig as well.

Whoa, Blooper reveal! Glad I'm living with a goodie two-shoes :P
Who do you want to lynch today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I looked at Pikachu for resistance to nutella suspicion. There wasn't any. I ISO'd Kyle and Scotty. Kyle made no mention of her whatsoever. Scotty had one foot on board the lynch train and seemed to be actively developing his reads. But I do want to point out that he also devoted a good amount of focus to smearing niju along with nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:50 pm @Boomslang um I was responding to *other people* speculating on mechanics/recruitment and I think I made two posts about it. Why not call out Sloonei or SVS for the same thing?
Because Sloonei actually voted Wilgy twice in a row, while SVS didn't vote him either time? You're the only one of those three with the switcheroo vote record; that, combined with the mechanics misdirection, makes me unhappy.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:56 pm Who do you want to lynch today?
I think colonialbob and sig are the strongest candidates.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Finishing that thought, I have an easier time seeing Kyle as bad than Scotty. If Scotty is bad, he's been playing a very crafty game and has not slipped up in any noticeable way for 12 days.
If Kyle is bad, he's kept a low profile and watched his teammates get taken down one after another.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm I think colonialbob and sig are the strongest candidates.
why these two? and if I asked you to pick the stronger candidate, which would you choose?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

That Mii is evil?
It's not a fully assured idea yet, but it stems from process of elimination when looking at the Pikachu 2.0 crew. Same as what brought me to suspect wilgy earlier. If we assume that the Evil Evens killed sprityo, then there must have been an Even in Pikachu with us.

It is possible that we've been on the wrong path about this and that strex kills on even nights while the Evens kill on odd nights. It is counter-intuitive, but that might be the point. If it weren't for the theory about evens killing sprit, I'd probably not suspect anyone from Pikachu 2.0.

I should look back and see if there was any resistance to the nutella suspicion before she got blown up.
Marmot stopped the kill night 4 when he stopped all night actions. I doubt he would stop his own kill. Ergo, his team kills odd nights.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And Kyle feels pretty sincere to me, but I will reread him tonight.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 pm
That Mii is evil?

Marmot stopped the kill night 4 when he stopped all night actions. I doubt he would stop his own kill. Ergo, his team kills odd nights.
we do not know for certain that this happened, as far as I know.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

For instance, part of the initial theory about Marmot blocking all Night 4 actions was that Cecil provided no message that night. However, he posted this on his last night:
Golden wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:31 pm From Cecil:

To confirm your question formally, Scotty

I did in fact miss the night 4 submission, was very busy that day. And a wonderful welcome to all the bidoof/Cerberus tribe members. Whatever you all call it. I see no reason not to trust all of you vocal members, afterall we lost 3 of the people we started the day with if you include the late JackofHearts2005. If the wacky Doctor has no objections to being removed I say we move forward in the operation. I wanted to iterate again that it’s most splendid that we got two mafia players out of the game yesterday.

I never really considered if the other tribe was receiving these messages, but in any case it wouldn’t hurt for me to remind them that Speedchuck is basically confirmed mafia with Nutella’s flip.

Let us move forward with a pep in our step and eyes shining bright, into a beautiful new day. Also Sprityo is most definitely Cecil just for your extra confirmation.
-Cecil
So that point is rendered moot. It's entirely possible that Marmot blocked everything on Night 4. But it is not certain.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No... but it is pretty compelling.

Cecil was not the only night action, and the post talks about freezing.

Marmots role:
79: Mt Erebus (Mountain). Frequent blizzards cause loss of visibility. Twice in the game, once during a day phase and once during a night phase, you may prevent any abilities or effects from occurring. Any x-shot abilities used will consume a shot. If any ability or effect has already taken place before you use your ability in a phase, your ability will be consumed without effect, however there will be a risk of death to those who have ventured out into the blizzard.
Night 4 Post:
The lynching of Long Con was barely over when the snow began to fall. Gently at first, but it built stronger, and it wasn't long before a full on blizzard was occurring. No-one could see anyone else, and it was all they could do to huddle in whatever sheltered spot they could find. No-one could explain such an event in Fiji... and they were in Fiji.... weren't they??
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It's close enough to certain that I will accept that the Evens killed on evens, especially since they had a reason to be mad at me, and I was killed on an even night.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have to agree with SVS and Epi on this one. The host post seems to indicate it was Marmot's power
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 pm No... but it is pretty compelling.

Cecil was not the only night action, and the post talks about freezing.

Marmots role:
79: Mt Erebus (Mountain). Frequent blizzards cause loss of visibility. Twice in the game, once during a day phase and once during a night phase, you may prevent any abilities or effects from occurring. Any x-shot abilities used will consume a shot. If any ability or effect has already taken place before you use your ability in a phase, your ability will be consumed without effect, however there will be a risk of death to those who have ventured out into the blizzard.
Night 4 Post:
The lynching of Long Con was barely over when the snow began to fall. Gently at first, but it built stronger, and it wasn't long before a full on blizzard was occurring. No-one could see anyone else, and it was all they could do to huddle in whatever sheltered spot they could find. No-one could explain such an event in Fiji... and they were in Fiji.... weren't they??
Oh.

yeah, I accept this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So we can assume there is an Even among these people:
Epginosis
Kylemii
Scotty
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

excluded sprityo because I don't think he killed himself.

This would also mean that the configuration of Pikachu 2.0 was 2 evens vs 2 strex vs 6 townies. (or x-number of townies vs x-number of indies, if we wanna go down that rabbit hole). And we still managed to eliminate two baddies in one day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I doubt an original Pikachu is an original Even. Unless we think Nutella was a recruited Even from her fairly early death, which IS possible. It is hard to to apportion with any accuracy when you don't know how many baddies there are, and the posts don't appear to say if someone was original to the bad team or a recruit.

In any case, I don't think Epignosis is bad. I have no plans on voting for him anytime soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle would be my first choice from that group.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: kylemii] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 am
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 am This is totally subjective on my part.

Let's start tossing out theories and punching holes in them, or finding things that back them up.
Here’s another one- Sloonei is an evil even.

:omg:
We do still need to figure out who killed sprityo. I'm starting to think it might have been kyle.
wait why? i didn't actually read all the pikachu posts from after we arrived either what were the main data points on sprityo's death?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

DEATH LIST: Day 12

Post by Scotty »

Im just gonna try to post this once a phase until I die or the hosts put up a comparable list on the front page, cuz my memory ain’t what it used to be and it's a pain to search for this shit. I’ll do this one with only the facts as we know it:

DEATHS:

Color key:
Out of game, mafia team Evil Evens
Out of game, mafia team Strexcorp
Out of game, Civilian
Out of game, alignment unknown

D1 - Quin (no lynch) (link)
N1 - nijuu (link)
D2 - speedchuck (link)
N2 - Scotty (link)
D3 - nutella (changed from DDL) (link)
N3 - JackofHearts (link)
insertnamehere dies (link)
D4 - Long Con (link)
N4 - No kill (link)
D5 - Long Con (link)
N5 - Sig (link)
D6 - Colonialbob (link)
N6 - SVS (link)
D7 - Marmot (link)

BUTTON

N7 - JackofHearts (link)
Nutella dies (link)
D8 - Marmot (link)
N8 - Sprityo )link)
LoRab Dies (link)

MERGE

D9 - Wilgy (link)
N9 - DharmaHelper (link)
D10 - speedchuck (link)
N10 - No kill (link)
D11- Wilgy (link)
N11 - Dharma Helper (link)

—————————————————————————
Current Lives Left (as of D12)

Boomslang - 2
colonialbob - 1
Dom - 2
Dragon D Luffy - 2
Epignosis - 2
insertnamehere - 1
Kylemii - 2
LoRab - 1
Nijuu - 1
Quin - 2
Scotty - 1
sig - 1
Sloonei - 2
SpaceDaisy - 2
sprityo - 1
SVS - 1
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm Finishing that thought, I have an easier time seeing Kyle as bad than Scotty. If Scotty is bad, he's been playing a very crafty game and has not slipped up in any noticeable way for 12 days.
If Kyle is bad, he's kept a low profile and watched his teammates get taken down one after another.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

That Mii is evil?

oh i see. but why are we making the assumption that sprityo couldn't have been killed by a Pikachu native?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OH THANK YOU SCOTTY!!!

I have been keeping separate windows open to find host posts re lynches and night posts! This is awesome and I bow down to you

:epig:

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] I don't particularly think you're bad myself. I have to go read now that I am home from work to see if I find anything that makes me change my mind re INH (Spoiler Alert, I have not so far). I will read back on you in Cerberus.

Linki, there seem to be a lot of assumptions.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm I looked at Pikachu for resistance to nutella suspicion. There wasn't any. I ISO'd Kyle and Scotty. Kyle made no mention of her whatsoever. Scotty had one foot on board the lynch train and seemed to be actively developing his reads. But I do want to point out that he also devoted a good amount of focus to smearing niju along with nutella.
hold on, wasn't nutella already dead when we got there?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm I looked at Pikachu for resistance to nutella suspicion. There wasn't any. I ISO'd Kyle and Scotty. Kyle made no mention of her whatsoever. Scotty had one foot on board the lynch train and seemed to be actively developing his reads. But I do want to point out that he also devoted a good amount of focus to smearing niju along with nutella.
come on man. I just posted a handy cheat sheet detailing this kind of stuff and it's only 4 posts up

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 pm OH THANK YOU SCOTTY!!!

I have been keeping separate windows open to find host posts re lynches and night posts! This is awesome and I bow down to you

:| :| :|

(This post is in Dead Red)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:53 pm

OK dead person, not sure what you are getting at, but it feels kinda on topic-y, and you are dead. You can tell me post game, k?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm emboldened to say that I don't wish to pursue the Evens angle today, because a) I feel like it's like throwing lawn darts in the sun and b) I think there is more information with Wilgy/Marmot interactions that we can pin on other Strex.

If we find another Evil Even in this search, then so be it.

But I don't currently feel comfortable lynching, say, Kyle, Sloonei or Spacedaisy out of a hunch that DH developed RE sprityo.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:53 pm

i credited you on the last one, dead man, this one was mostly a plea for the hosts to post something in the front page.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This was an eye opener. This is a post Marmot made in Pikachu, before Nutella was killed:
Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 8
#2896 Post by Marmot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33:46 pm
Here are two recent DrWilgy games in which I hosted, and read his posts knowing his role throughout the game.

Lord of the Rings Mafia - DrWilgy was civilian. There was little to no content offered by Wilgy in this game, and he was lynched Day 4.
Mountain Mafia - DrWilgy was mafia. He had a lot to offer in this game. Reads out the wazoo, even an ISO. This DrWilgy was on point, and held on strong until his Day 7 lynch.

Here's another recent DrWilgy civilian game.

Fiddler on the Roof Mafia - DrWilgy was a civilian in this game. DrWilgy looks goofy in this game, but he does play on point. He proposes his own lynch so that he wouldn't be around at LYLO, and does some drunk posting. This game falls somewhere on the spectrum between the above two mentioned game. Light, but contributing.

DrWilgy in Cerberus thread was not the one from LotR Mafia. For those who paid more attention in the other thread than I did, what do you think about the other games as a comparison?

Also DrWilgy, where you at?
This tells me that Wilgy had already asked to be replaced, and his team was willing to bus him for cred.

Shortly after that he posted this:
Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 8
#2898 Post by Marmot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:35:27 pm
I just remembered a thing. DrWilgy was silenced on ~Day 3, and despite having some of the most votes among the lynchees, he self-voted.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 pm
come on man. I just posted a handy cheat sheet detailing this kind of stuff and it's only 4 posts up
sorry, wasn't there yet. :x your handy resource is beautiful

nutella died during the day phase before I really got my footing in the thread after the deluge of new content. I didn't feel qualified to give thoughts on players I didn't know the in-game histories of yet so I took more of a backseat, I'm not super positive that I even read some of these pages.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Let's look at INH's interactions with Wilgy:

Firstly, I would like to direct everyone to the case I made about INH on Day 4- I totally forgot about it and found it odd at the time in relation to Wilgy lol

Now I'll fill in some gaps.
People I'm looking at today, in no particular order:

Sig - Same reasons as yesterday. May vote for him.
Daisy - Not really done much other than go after Boomslang for kinda flimsy reasons and randomly vote for Wilgy. May vote for her.
Kyle - I suck at reading him, so I'm kinda fighting my instincts on this one, but I really didn't like his overreaction to the perceived overreaction of Boomslang's 70% comment. Not gonna vote for him today due to insanification.
Scotty - The Lorab thing is weak sauce. I myself sometimes struggle with having solid reads, and can be hella reticent to concretely voice my opinions, so Lorab is reading as a town-read to me. Scotty sure is posting a bunch, but I'm not really sure what all he's saying. Plus, he hasn't yet posted a Survivor Mafia 2 in The Drawing Board forum. We should lynch him solely for that. May vote for him.
Wilgy - Good ol' unreadable clusterfuck-y wiggly Wilgy. I appreciate his defense of me against Sloonei's nonsense, but he's still one big question mark to me, way more than perhaps any other player. Probably won't vote for him.
Nijuu - Like his Sig vote, but still a bit of a blank read. I know that this is WIFOM soup, but considering that it appears that mafia remain mafia after losing a life, I can't help but wonder if they'd NK one of their own early on just to muddy up the waters. It's a dumb reason to suspect Nijuu, as I'm well aware, but it's why I can't really loosen up and townread him. Probably won't vote for him.
-This is his first mention of Wilgy, and it's Day 3. He 'probably won't vote for him'
Screw it, I'll make my own super-cool rainbow list. What it lacks in visual flair, it makes up for in readability.

JoH
Marmot
Ninja
Boomslang
Sloonei
Lorab
DrWilgy
Kylemii
Scotty
Sig
Spacedaisy
I can't keep the original colors on this list in quoting from old Bidoof, but Wilgy is a solid yellow in this, while Marmot is a solid green. :ponder:
INH wrote:
Daisy wrote:Spacedaisy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 am
I have been doing most of my reading at work, which is why when I post it has more thoughts. I can't post as easily at work. So I know that when I was catching up once Wilgy started talking something he said jumped out at me and immediately made me think, "teammates." But I can't recall off the top of my head. I will need to find it again. I just don't have time tonight.

On another note, I think I was a lot more loud about the fact I didn't like Boomslang jumping on the dumb 70% thing. I get why it doesn't make sense as a statement, but I think Boomslang is a really smart dude. He should have been able to realize, that this statement is not one that logically would say "Baddie." So the fact that he based his vote on that dumb comment is what bothers me. in fact that is what bothers me about Boomslang overall. I have a high amount of respect for his intellect in general. And I struggle to find the logic in his suspicions. This could entirely just be a difference of how we think, that is my only hindrance in this. But I have no qualms about the fact I suspected Boom based on that. I think it's weird no one really talked much about the fact I took this strong stance about it. And even weirder that I don't even remember Kyle having made a big deal of it.

I don't have the immediate feeling of "TOWN" from Kyle that I have in the past, but I haven't had any kind of feel.

At one point in my read through, I had the thought that I believed either Boomslang, Blooper or both were bad but I didn't believe they were both good. I can't recall why now though. Perhaps something to do with how they interacted. I'll have to revisit to figure it out again.

Uh something else, I can't recall. Someone that had listed suspicion of me seemed fake as shit, but now I don't remember which one. Must research to recall.

That's all I can think of tonight. My energy went to researching Wilgy to decide if I was on crack or not regarding my perception of his meta. I decided that I don't think I am. However I will add this caveat. The older games lack this pattern. But I feel like it is present in all the games I checked from 2017 and so far in 2018. I didn't look through all 2016, I noticed the lack of it back in the 2015 games, but we're talking three years ago. I still feel fairly strongly that we are seeing bad Wilgy here. So much so I am willing to toss my vote there right now.

VOTE DrWilgy You asked for an aubergine fiiiiight, and I love you toooo. But I still think you are bad. But I love you, Baddie Badderson. :hugs: :suspish:
Coaching weak suspicions in "you're usually better" nonsensical sentiment. Boomslang is usually smarter (which Daisy and Sloonei seem to define as agreeing with their suspicions instead of having their own opinions) and DrWilgy is, I guess, more gimmick-y? The only thing from Wilgy's game-content that I've found disagreeable is his Boomslang vote today. Daisy's highly-subjective entirely-meta case against him just seems like formless finger pointing.

I'd vote for Daisy or Sig today over anyone else. I'm gonna try and ISO Scotty at some point and give my thoughts on him and his glut of content.
Blatant defense of Wilgy and attempt to discredit.
Sloonei wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm
@insertnamehere @Marmot whatcha gonna do with them votes?
Nothin', as I think both Boomslang and Wilgy are civilians. I ain't choosing to be complicit in this shit.
Wilgy is basically his best friend at this point. Tying Boom into a reason not to support the main trains is another negative here because it takes off the pressure of flat out avoiding only Wilgy.
inh wrote:Nothin', as I think both Boomslang and Wilgy are civilians. I ain't choosing to be complicit in this shit.
sloonei wrote:Even if it means our tribe fails to lynch yet again?
Boomslang wrote:Why are you so fixated on this? If people haven't achieved reliable consensus, why force their hand, especially when the other tribe seems to be chugging along just fine? If we go into the merge with most of our tribe, we have that entire background of play to inform our choices in later game.
sloonei wrote:I've been making this exact argument the last two days. But now I am of the opinion that whichever tribe fails to lynch becomes the victim of the nightkill. I'd rather we lynch a player around whom there is suspicion, than have the mafia pick off a player who is generally considered a townie. coughcough.
inh wrote:Even if you're true with your assumptions, this still just goes back to what I was saying about complicity. Seems to me that I can choose to either be an active participant in killing a civilian, or a bystander. I'm choosing the latter.
sloonei wrote:I disagree with this philosophy wholeheartedly, but I don't suspect you for it.
inh wrote:I'm moving my pointless vote over to Sloonei mainly out of sheer annoyance.

aubergine
Just weaksauce reasoning to avoid 2 people, AND basically uses it as a NO U even though Sloonei isn't accusing INH directly.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm Alrighty, finally caught up.

Firstly, can someone tell me what the fuck "Bidoof" means?

Secondly, reading through the whole Speedchuck thing feels like randomly tuning into some later season of a heavily-serialized TV show, and trying to mentally fill in the gaps. Unfortunately, despite S~V~S being super duper earnest, I have to side with the dull, boring, rational, Occam's-Razor-y DH and DDL on this one. He's probably where my vote's going tomorrow.

Thirdly, Scotty. @S~V~S, you were pretty sus of him due to all the Day 5 shenanigans. Here's my perspective. Scotty, JoH, and Sloonei were all desperately pushing towards lynches at any costs at this point in the game, which was tricky due to having no real flips or info to go off of. Their solution seemed to essentially be playing spin-the-bottle with whoever either disagreed with them or hadn't posted in a while. Boomslang, who is my current top civ read, disagreed with them, and has been relentlessly pursued because of it.

Sloonei and Scotty had a case against me, which they themselves admitted was BS. Nevertheless due to a mixture of apathy and inertia, I began picking up votes. I wrote up a case against sig, which was based on actual, y'know, stuff, and that managed to shift their attention.

At the time, I was nervous that a scummeister could be using the pressure towards a lynch with more voters than Pikachu's to frame civilians.

The fact that this push to beat Pikachu's numbers happened at the same time as LC was about to be lynched over there, well, it don't look great.

Out of the three (relatively) hyper-active players pushing towards a lynch, Scotty's the one that looks the worst to me. JoH is dead, and Sloonei has seemingly calmed down a hell of a lot when the button got pressed. Scotty's the one who first made the switch when I protested against my lynch and offered an "easier" alternative.

This is all not to imply that I don't still suspect sig. As I said over at NuCerberus:
Like Quin said, there's a pretty decent chance that in a game this size that's this convoluted, (I know, I'm one to talk) there are multiple baddie teams. Even if sig's "wagon" was bolstered by an attempt to save LC's bacon, that doesn't discount any of my suspicions of him. Plus, sig had an extra life at that time, and I could see a baddie team not really minding bussing a member with two lives to try and save someone else. :shrug:
Fourthy, Wilgy. I don't think Wilgy is bad. I think Daisy's meta case against him is hollow and kinda judgmental. I don't like Scotty and company latching onto him as an easy target due to his inactivity. The fact that vote after vote has been cast at him today makes me pretty sure we aren't gonna get anything out of his lynch. But, as S~V~S said, the dude's super-busy, and can't be replaced anytime soon. That's enough for me to sigh and add my twig to the Wilgy bonfire. Plus, I'd be super pissed if Boomslang got lynched today.

[VOTE: WILGY] aubergine
Someone left the water boiling on the stove and INH is feebly attempting to turn down the heat. But it's just too little too late. Another plea to not let Wilgy die. And yet he votes for Wilgy anyway, out of resignation to the fact.

Also to note, cbob and speed immediately vote for INH because of this post.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 pm Whether I agree with your reasons or not is irrelevant.

The problem is that you began a vote post with "I don't think he is bad"

The devil is in the details.
Uh huh.

Well, if you aren't willing to talk about the reasons behind my vote, then your case is irrelevant.

Nothing I have seen from Wilgy makes me think he is bad. But, he's still, IMO, the best lynch candidate for today.

I don't think those two statements are contradictory.
It's resignation. It's like ogling a girl at the beach in front of your girlfriend and when she catches you, explain that she walked into your line of sight and what else were you supposed to do??
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 pm Please allow me to have my S~V~S moment of Atticus Finch'ing Wilgy before he gets decisively sold down the river.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:53 pm Hey why are we all on wilgy now? This thread seems just be barreling down the path of least resistance right now. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but there's not a whole lot of critical discussion going on here. What's more fun and exciting than sound critical discussion?
This is the post that I keep coming back to. This here thread's hella flighty, going after, as Sloonei says, the path of least resistance.

That's because of a strange contradiction which is occupying this game. Despite having successfully killed multiple mafia members, no one's actually acting like they know what's going on. People aren't really extrapolating things from flips. Instead, we're going with gut reads and flights of fancy. Except, of course, when an act of bizzarity like the whole Speedchuck conundrum pops up, which, to be honest, would have gotten him lynched in whatever game it happened in.

It's hard to pinpoint the root cause of this passivity and confused malaise, *COUGH*CHICKACHIKAMECHANICS*COUGH* but we can see it displayed in full force with the case against the good honorable Doctor Wilgy, who, let's be honest, is definitely gonna be lynched today.

SYNDICATE CRIME STORY

THE PEOPLE VS. DOCTOR WILGY

1. "META"

Spacedaisy's argument which more or less kicked this whole thing off centered around her belief in a simple dichotomy between the good, civilian DrWilgy, and the evil, scummy Mr. Hyde DrWilgy. Good Wilgy is zany, irrelevant, and usually actively self-sabotaging. We've all seen DrWilgy in games before, acting like some kind of madman, randomly interjecting nonsensical asides into the thread. It's what he's known for. He's a successor to the previous King of Irreverence, @Vompatti. (RIP) That, according to Daisy, is the "civ" Wilgy.

Meanwhile, there ostensibly exists a second doppelganger-esque version of Wilgy which lies in wait, exhibiting such maniacal stratagems as "logic," and "effort" to stymy people into believing he's civilian, when really he's a dirty, rotten scummeister.

Basically, "weird" Wilgy = civ, and "intelligent" Wilgy = scum.

That's a pretty bullshit meta case, even by the low standards of meta cases. Assuming that this is true impugns the good Doctor's character. Who are we, who presume to know what lies in the mind of Wilgy? This is the Game of Champions, and despite a sluggish start, I'd expect everyone to bring their A-game. (Even though I myself have faltered at this due to hosting obligations.) It's a dumb, reductive, and certainly not flattering case that throws context out the window. Furthermore, and this is just my opinion, I'd rather play with a persuasive, involved, comprehensible version of Wilgy than the fountain of wackiness. Enthusiastically agreeing with this meta case seems like a way to message to Wilgy that he should be less involved in games, because people will just assume that he's, y'know, trying because he's bad, and not because he just enjoys playing.

Bleh.

2. "PREVIOUS ROLE"

As far as I can gather, and this has kinda been my pet theory from the start, roles don't actually come with a pre-defined alignment. S~V~S was the literal plague, and she's a strong civ read for me.

It seems to me that if you suspect Wilgy because of his previous role, you must also view everyone else through that lens. No cherrypicking who "it makes sense for." For me, that has too many repurcussions that contradict my views.

3. "THE SPRITYO KILL"

Really, Sloonei has been the only one beating this drum, and I have to give him credit for it. This reason's way stronger than the first two, mainly due to its reliance on facts.

FACT: Sprityo was killed Night 8 on the Pikachu Tribe after the wacky swap.

FACT: It must have been (at least) one of the following eight people - Sloonei, Kylemii, Spacedaisy, Scotty, DharmaHelper, Epignosis, Sprityo himself, or DrWilgy. (At least) one of those eight people is a moiderer.

This is where things get all subjective-y, but I've personally had more reason to suspect Daisy, Scotty, and DH than Wilgy. Interesting how they all seem to be funneling onto him today. I don't jive with Sloonei's POE reasoning, and if you suspect any of the other eight people, you don't either.

4. "DAMMIT, GOLDEN, YOU REALLY COULDN'T FIND A FRIGGIN' REPLACEMENT FOR THE GAME OF CHAMPIONS?"

This is the unescapable reality which will dictate why he'll probably be lynched today. DrWilgy has a ton of shit going on in his life currently, and cannot participate in the thread or lend to discussion very much. He popped back up during on March 21st, and has posted a couple of times since then, but overall does not seem to be stepping up his participation. Wilgy has gots to do what Wilgy has gots to do.

All that makes him an uber-easy target. No resistance, no pushback. All you have to do is sigh and go, "Wilgy, I guess," and everyone will nod their head in understanding. And that's why he's gonna be lynched today. Not because of any solid reasoning. Because he's the easiest option, the path of least resistance.

My fellow Champions, why must it be that way? Can we please all, including the poor old Doctor Wilgy, find in our hearts to try and do better than this?

Hell, lynch me for posting a large, rambling, nonsensical post passionately defending an inactive player without really providing a strong alternative! At least that's an actual reason for suspicion.
So the last lynch when he decried Wilgy's fate was the 1st lynch. Now he comes in with this gigantic summation and last ditch effort to keep Wilgy alive. This could be, in INH's mind, a civ performance when Wilgy is inevitably lynched, and would look like the work of a hard-working misguided civ that was just wrong.

I don't like it, sam I am. I'm willing to lynch INH today.

vote INH aubergine

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dom's early game contribution give me hardcore town vibes, is he still around
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm dom's early game contribution give me hardcore town vibes, is he still around
interesting. I felt the opposite. I felt he's been prickly and on edge all game.

But maybe that's his charming town side seeping through the cracks

also I have a civ lean on him right now

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm dom's early game contribution give me hardcore town vibes, is he still around
interesting. I felt the opposite. I felt he's been prickly and on edge all game.

But maybe that's his charming town side seeping through the cracks

also I have a civ lean on him right now
maybe it's cus i legit haven't seen him actually physically involved in a game in ~7 years so seeing him discussing things at all kinda sticks out as positive
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what's the deal with DH and Negan Walkingdead
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

when does the shit start going down with long con? what page? it's starting to drag on
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

I'm sticking to my guns here, right now it might not matter but by end if game time if he has two lives it could fuck up the civs. Plus mafia hasn't targeted him which i really dislike.

My suspicion of sloonie even if its flipflopped should and is clear I've thought hs could be mafia since the beginning.

Its also laughable to pursue me for this and say it makes me look bad. Sloonie is in no way a low hanging fruit and I'm in no way a town leader who ppl will blindly follow. It makes no sense for me as mafia to say this. In fact its like North korea saying they'll beat the U.S. in a war. Nobody believes it'll happen but it still makes the news.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

Doms a really good baddie, But can't recall his meta to save my life.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] Go into Pikachu and search Doms posts for "Cerberus". His post asking LC how he knows what the other tribes name is kicked off the festivities.

Or this:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... us#p418428
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And actually, anyone who wants to know why I suspected Chuck, start reading there too. I just started rereading that, and jeez, Chuck looks awful lol.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hang on things are getting good i'm gonna keep reading
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Reading back through LC-a-palooza, DDL looks better to me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] did you really read all of this during the weekend you had full access or did you rely on the summaries they made
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote:prophetic dreams never work in mafia tbh, they're always wrong, just ask kyle :p (I forget which game it was, maybe fiddler, but he said he had a prophetic dream that LC was the indie or something and he wasn't, and also at some point I had a dream that DDL was bad in a game where he was most definitely town idr whatever continue your silly joke)
>:[
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

how long did it take for anyone to be nightkilled in pikachu? there are people who are for real under the assumption that people were dying in both tribes and just not being told about it? and the night kill results were shown in the opposite tribe?? how would that even work? why was that ever considered to be a realistic assumption
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

sig wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 pm I'm sticking to my guns here, right now it might not matter but by end if game time if he has two lives it could fuck up the civs. Plus mafia hasn't targeted him which i really dislike.

My suspicion of sloonie even if its flipflopped should and is clear I've thought hs could be mafia since the beginning.

Its also laughable to pursue me for this and say it makes me look bad. Sloonie is in no way a low hanging fruit and I'm in no way a town leader who ppl will blindly follow. It makes no sense for me as mafia to say this. In fact its like North korea saying they'll beat the U.S. in a war. Nobody believes it'll happen but it still makes the news.
It only fucks up the civs if he is bad and I don't believe that. I would much rather people who I believe to be civs hang onto their first life because it gives us an advantage. It also makes it less likely that we lynch a civ and oops, their second life was a mafia role. In fact, how is that handled I wonder? If we eliminate the active mafia but there is still a civ who has a mafia role in their second life?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

When it first came up Golden made a post that we couldn't talk about it. I was not 100% but that made it plausible.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was at Kyle.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason