47%

Total votes: 17
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 12

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 pm Scotty made this big INH interactions post out of nowhere, threw a vote on him and then dropped the interactions scumhunting angle completely. Yuck!
“Out of nowhere”
Wilgy’s interactions should be scrutinized, and since a few people have already made reservations against INH, I used the ole “search” function in INH’s post history for Wilgy and there you go. I don’t like it.

I did a similar breakdown of Boom, but found far less defending and far more offending. I dunno, I feel like INH looks worse for wear when it comes to Wilgy.

“Dropped the interactions scumhunting angle completely”
Wha huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about, bub
Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:30 pm Plus since the moment i saw INH in this game i've wanted to dryhump him into the nth dimension so there's that too
Ok wait so you’re adamantly defending the dude that only comes out of his hidey hole when he’s taking heat? All because you haven’t gotten spayed and neutered?

Look, this sig case he just popped out is only happening because he’s leading the lynch and needs a scapegoat.
INH has been genuinely peeved to be taking heat this entire game, but looking at his history of the past 12 days, how is it that he’s saintly?

Naw dog.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] happy birthday yesterday! Hope you had a bountiful harvest!

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

Scotty, when you did that ISO were you looking for reasons that INH might be WIlgy's teammate, or were you looking for Wilgy's teammates?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 pm I'm actually concerned right now about sig and Scotty probably equally to INH right now. My main hold back on INH is he defended Wilgy hard. I'm sure his team knew he was trying to get replaced, but it was pretty clear Wilgy was going down. If they were teammates, why defend him this hard? That is the one thing that holds me back on INH.

sig I already mentioned that last post about Sloonei has me absolutely concerned. I just said not that long ago that we should watch out for players who want to just lynch all the players down to one life, they could very well be mafia mining for a teammate hidden in the second roles. I don't like this post from sig. But to me it kind of balances the opposite feeling from sig regarding the 70% haiku comment. I just can't see a reason a baddie would make such a ridiculous statement. So I am torn right now, but leaning bad slightly.

Scotty just pinged me hard. He basically is saying, pay no attention to Evens, we should be focusing on that last Strex because we have better leads there. I don't like that look either. But he knew how it looked when he said it too, so if he is bad, it is ballsy.

Lastly Kyle is still on my radar. I have seen one post from him though that I finally felt like I could hear his voice in it. When I hear those posts in his voice I know I am feeling like it's more genuine. I realize that this is a lot of gut based thoughts. But that one post took a long time to get here, which leaves me feeling unsure about him too.

I might switch off INH, not sure. If so it will most likely move to Scotty or sig. We'll see how this progresses. I do like SVS's case for INH, but I just think it's a very risky move to defend a teammate that hard when he is trying to get out of the game and is looking like he will be lynched.
:faint:

My lack of conviction in going after Evens right now is in part because I’m having trouble reading you, Sloonei and Kyle as bad. Kyle’s just come upon Walden Pond and it’s been just delightful watching him discover all the ducks and the geese floating around. I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I believe that he is behind and dragging but indeed coming back into review.

Next step for him is putting his analysis goggles on and turning on the woodsaw to max. That’s what I wanna see from him.

It’s just that I currently see more interactive possibilities with Wilgy being an outted baddie, and wish to vote that way. I’m not 100% behind the “evens” waited until they got to Pikachu to kill sprityo.

And if we just do what Quin is inferring, and just lynching everyone on Pikachu 2.0 until we lynch scum because it’s a 20% chance, well...that’s just dumbfuckery

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:51 am Scotty, when you did that ISO were you looking for reasons that INH might be WIlgy's teammate, or were you looking for Wilgy's teammates?
Yes

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin, your narrative is that I’m purposfully framing INH.

I see a puzzle piece that fits in this 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle and I’m going to make it fit because that’s how I solve games. My only purpose here is to find baddies, I feel like I found one in my analyses

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:57 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 pm I'm actually concerned right now about sig and Scotty probably equally to INH right now. My main hold back on INH is he defended Wilgy hard. I'm sure his team knew he was trying to get replaced, but it was pretty clear Wilgy was going down. If they were teammates, why defend him this hard? That is the one thing that holds me back on INH.

sig I already mentioned that last post about Sloonei has me absolutely concerned. I just said not that long ago that we should watch out for players who want to just lynch all the players down to one life, they could very well be mafia mining for a teammate hidden in the second roles. I don't like this post from sig. But to me it kind of balances the opposite feeling from sig regarding the 70% haiku comment. I just can't see a reason a baddie would make such a ridiculous statement. So I am torn right now, but leaning bad slightly.

Scotty just pinged me hard. He basically is saying, pay no attention to Evens, we should be focusing on that last Strex because we have better leads there. I don't like that look either. But he knew how it looked when he said it too, so if he is bad, it is ballsy.

Lastly Kyle is still on my radar. I have seen one post from him though that I finally felt like I could hear his voice in it. When I hear those posts in his voice I know I am feeling like it's more genuine. I realize that this is a lot of gut based thoughts. But that one post took a long time to get here, which leaves me feeling unsure about him too.

I might switch off INH, not sure. If so it will most likely move to Scotty or sig. We'll see how this progresses. I do like SVS's case for INH, but I just think it's a very risky move to defend a teammate that hard when he is trying to get out of the game and is looking like he will be lynched.
:faint:

My lack of conviction in going after Evens right now is in part because I’m having trouble reading you, Sloonei and Kyle as bad. Kyle’s just come upon Walden Pond and it’s been just delightful watching him discover all the ducks and the geese floating around. I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt, because I believe that he is behind and dragging but indeed coming back into review.

Next step for him is putting his analysis goggles on and turning on the woodsaw to max. That’s what I wanna see from him.

It’s just that I currently see more interactive possibilities with Wilgy being an outted baddie, and wish to vote that way. I’m not 100% behind the “evens” waited until they got to Pikachu to kill sprityo.

And if we just do what Quin is inferring, and just lynching everyone on Pikachu 2.0 until we lynch scum because it’s a 20% chance, well...that’s just dumbfuckery
nice discredit
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I have no idea why "evening the playing field" would be a reason to lynch Sloonei.

like I get the idea is "sloonei's never died once and many others have died once or twice, let's string him up so we're all on the same level so it's fair or something" but that makes no sense from the mindset that we're working together towards a common goal

Sig's statement on Sloonei irks me for that reason, because balance shouldn't factor in to anything at all. if Sloonei is a bad then yes he should be lynched for that and stripped of his first and second lives but if he's civ, then him having two lives is an important asset.

viewing things in terms of balance gives off an aura of like..... almost an indie perspective?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 pm So we can assume there is an Even among these people:
Epginosis
Kylemii
Scotty
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

excluded sprityo because I don't think he killed himself.

This would also mean that the configuration of Pikachu 2.0 was 2 evens vs 2 strex vs 6 townies. (or x-number of townies vs x-number of indies, if we wanna go down that rabbit hole). And we still managed to eliminate two baddies in one day.
I believe that the list we are looking at lynching someone from is the list of people who were sharing the tribe with sprityo when he was killed.

Of this list I believe in the good alignment of Epi, and Sloonei. And I know I'm not bad so that leaves you and Kyle.

So, it seems we have narrowed down the list of possible Evens to those people unless DH was an Even. That seems absurd given the fact that DH was on LC the way he was. Given all this[mention]Scotty[/mention] who do you think is a good chance of being Even from that list?

I personally like the fact that I feel comfortable enough to narrow it down to you or Kyle. This all has nothing to do with when we were switched into the Pikachu tribe as you seem to think.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:22 am I have no idea why "evening the playing field" would be a reason to lynch Sloonei.

like I get the idea is "sloonei's never died once and many others have died once or twice, let's string him up so we're all on the same level so it's fair or something" but that makes no sense from the mindset that we're working together towards a common goal

Sig's statement on Sloonei irks me for that reason, because balance shouldn't factor in to anything at all. if Sloonei is a bad then yes he should be lynched for that and stripped of his first and second lives but if he's civ, then him having two lives is an important asset.

viewing things in terms of balance gives off an aura of like..... almost an indie perspective?
this game is fucking LMS isnt it

you shits on your second lives have it out for me

FUCK
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:08 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 am I just started rereading Cerberus from this perspective; why these targets?

I am gonna drop the eggplant on INH for now. He defended Wilgy quite a bit in early days, and again in later days. J O'H, who was the civviest civ to civ was on his back, and subsequently died via Strex. And if there is one person that I think INH would expect to see through his baddie self, it would be DH. And DH was killed with extreme prejudice starting Night 9 (the merge was Day 9), then Night 11, INHs' first two nights in the room with DH. He asked about Negan sightings when we first got to Pikachu, first thing. He never mentioned it here, not even to razz DH about it, although that seemed to be his primary interest when the Pikachus got to Cerberus.

I did not finsih rereading him at Cerberus, and I did not read him in ISO after the Merge, so my Aubergine could change, but right now I feel he is the person who is most likely to have wanted DH dead who did not interact with him before the merge.

Tossing the Aubergine, *VOTE INH*
damn it S~V~S, I was nodding my head at 90% of your posts before this.

Wilgy bamboozled me. I was worried about the thread going after easy targets, and, to borrow a phrase from Sloonei, barrelling down the path of least resistance, and saw him mainly as a scapegoat-patsy. I didn't like Daisy's case against him, and to be honest, I still don't. I defended the wrong person for, in my opinion, the right reasons. Also, TBH, my massive wall-post about him on Day 11, in which I fully admitted that I expected Wilgy to be lynched, and that there was nothing I could do to stop it, was more to caution people to put more thought into their votes, and encourage more critical discussion.

I honestly don't think I've played non-LMS mafia with DH for literal years. After I took an extended sabbatical from the site, and came back in 2016, we haven't played many games together. We were both in Survivor Mafia, which was an LMS game, and he was in a couple games I hosted, but that's it. I strongly disagree with your assertion that I'd think he'd be able to "see through [my] baddie self," and I'm frankly confused why you immediately looked my direction when he was killed. We sim together, and he plays my games, but we don't play together. :shrug:

The Negan thing was an icebreaker, mainly. Also, it was a bit of a poke at you for being so uncomfortable with his Negan RP in Survivor. Apologies for not making it into a running gag.
Thank you! Like Daisy, one thing I was iffy about was your rather strong defense of Wilgy. I doubt that Golden would put a Seemer style role on both teams ([aside]LCs role was why I was suspicious of both DH and Chuck, even though they fairly aggressively either defended LC (Chuck), tried to deflect to Dom (both) or tried to discredit me (DH) for pounding down "Do you think the hosts told LC that blah blah" everytime someone started to waver on voting for LC. Although in the last case, DH sounded pretty genuine to me, he really did think I was potentially railroading LC, so that was why I eventually turned to Chuck, rather than him [/aside]). So I think a super strong defense of a bad teammate who wants to be replaced, especially with Marmot bussing him right out the door, that does give me pause. Before DH was killed x2 and I started reading the beginning of the merged thread (whenever I tried to go in there it was all Lords of the Flies in there, with "kill the baddies" pitchfork waving manliness dripping off of every surface, lol, I had to get out of there for a while, so I just came back to vote and avoided reading much of anything) my thought was that you and he were avoiding EACH OTHER. But no way of really knowing that. My opinion on DH is fairly unreliable, he scares me, and he makes me nervous, and he and I seem to be super good at pushing each others buttons, a rather dubious superpower.

As for the Negan thing, I appreciate the sensitivity. DH said something similar. But it was menacing in Survivor for a different reason. It possibly would have been funny here, but I do appreciate the consideration from you both. It wasn't specifically that, it was that after your frustration, after being in two different thread with two very different personalities, I would have expected you and DH to interact more, to toss ideas off each other and that did not happen. Even if you don't play alot of games together I view you as friends. But that is subjective. And that also might be too obvious. But there most def was less interaction than I expected.

INH, Other than sig (and you could be right there) what are your thoughts on everyone else? I am going to pull my vote off of you for now, and move it to Scotty. Partially for your defenses, but also becasue of Quins opinions.

~~~
I still think the third strex is one of the people from Cerberus who stayed behind at the first button. DH could have easily been killed one or even two times had the killer been in his thread prior. But he wasn't until after the merge, and it was immediately after the merge. I think one of these people killed DH:

Boom
INH
LoRab
Niju
Scotty
sig
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

Boom, I felt better about him before the merge, INH ^^. LoRab, you're busy, you were traveling, it is Passover, but you are creeping the hell out of me. Niju is a civ, I believe the reveal. Scotty I will address in a separate post. I waffle on sig, I see the points on him, but I also see the signess that gets him mislynched, and I am not getting the sly feel I get from bad sig, but I never did read him that well and have joined too many incorrect sig wagons, so i am leery, maybe more so that I should be, of sigwagons. Did DH interact much with sig? If they did I missed it. Sloonei I have mixed feels on, his super civ demeanor is always impressive, but the things he is saying are making me tense. Daisys support is making me trust him a bit more, but only a bit. I feel pretty good about Daisy, from her first post when I read back in Cerberus, she felt civ to me.

I personally would, in addition to Niju, cross LoRab off this list (I don't see her feeling threatened enough to kill anyone twice in a row), and Daisy as well, as my patented "Sloonei Most Town Read" in this group. I might also strike Scotty becasue I think if he's bad, he's more likely to be Even.

I would like to get the person who killed DH becasue they killed him dead with extreme prejudice, but I would be happy with an Even, too.

I have to get ready for work, but I promise I will write a better post re my vote change later, Scotty :grin:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Moving my Aubergine to *Scotty* for now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:42 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 pm So we can assume there is an Even among these people:
Epginosis
Kylemii
Scotty
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

This would also mean that the configuration of Pikachu 2.0 was 2 evens vs 2 strex vs 6 townies. (or x-number of townies vs x-number of indies, if we wanna go down that rabbit hole). And we still managed to eliminate two baddies in one day.
I believe that the list we are looking at lynching someone from is the list of people who were sharing the tribe with sprityo when he was killed.

Of this list I believe in the good alignment of Epi, and Sloonei. And I know I'm not bad so that leaves you and Kyle.

So, it seems we have narrowed down the list of possible Evens to those people unless DH was an Even. That seems absurd given the fact that DH was on LC the way he was. Given all this@Scotty who do you think is a good chance of being Even from that list?

I personally like the fact that I feel comfortable enough to narrow it down to you or Kyle. This all has nothing to do with when we were switched into the Pikachu tribe as you seem to think.
I would strike Epi and you, and tentatively Kyle. That leaves Sloonei and Scotty, and I am botd re Sloonei becasue of you seeing something I am not, so that leaves Scotty.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, Scotty pushing that superlative lynch on the day of LC's second lynch... I thought he was bad when I reread Cerberus, and guess I still do :shrug:
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:27 pm
Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:30 pm
Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm I think colonialbob and sig are the strongest candidates.
why these two? and if I asked you to pick the stronger candidate, which would you choose?
Argh, misread the polls; I'd thought both colonialbob and sig were on the "first voted Speedchuck and then Wilgy" train. Cbob did do a Speedchuck to worthless DH vote, however. Not sure if the context of the DH kill adds any more information about that vote, given that we still have two mafia teams still out.

I'd say sig is the stronger candidate. His "sticking to his guns" comment gaslights people who are questioning him over Sloonei suspicion; it strikes me as someone who's caught in a slip doubling down. Also, "Plus mafia hasn't targeted him which i really dislike" is pouring a nice tall glass of WIFOM.
Would you be willing to start a sig wagon?
Well, it looks like you started it for me. Votes sig aubergine.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:40 pm dom's early game contribution give me hardcore town vibes, is he still around
he's around just about as much as you are.

he doesn't really get why people are getting votes but colonial bob is maybe bad guys
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 am
Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 pm Scotty made this big INH interactions post out of nowhere, threw a vote on him and then dropped the interactions scumhunting angle completely. Yuck!
“Out of nowhere”
Wilgy’s interactions should be scrutinized, and since a few people have already made reservations against INH, I used the ole “search” function in INH’s post history for Wilgy and there you go. I don’t like it.

I did a similar breakdown of Boom, but found far less defending and far more offending. I dunno, I feel like INH looks worse for wear when it comes to Wilgy.

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:30 pm Plus since the moment i saw INH in this game i've wanted to dryhump him into the nth dimension so there's that too
Ok wait so you’re adamantly defending the dude that only comes out of his hidey hole when he’s taking heat? All because you haven’t gotten spayed and neutered?

Look, this sig case he just popped out is only happening because he’s leading the lynch and needs a scapegoat.
INH has been genuinely peeved to be taking heat this entire game, but looking at his history of the past 12 days, how is it that he’s saintly?

Naw dog.
First off, you just completely ignored my response to your case, where I said that you painted specific instances in a way that ignored context while glorifying yourself and attacking me. If you want to say that you were solely motivated by going into my ISO, searching for Wilgy, and deciding that a town read of him must mean that I'm bad, sure, fine. But, you still haven't said how my town read of Wilgy is disingenuous.

I'm sorry, but looking around immediately after the death of a baddie, and pointing the finger at whoever said the nicest things about him is way more a case of easy scapegoating than me pushing sig for a lynch. S~V~S had specific factors connected to a perceived meta connection between me and DH. Those factors were wrong, but I could see the logic. You just keep repeating that I defended Wilgy. That's true. But, in my opinion, that doesn't mean diddly squat unless you can explain why my defenses of Wilgy came from a non-civilian mindset, which is something you seem to be uncomfortable doing.

Onto the Sig thing. This is the most annoying part of this post, for me. Dude, I didn't just pop out a case against Sig because I need a scapegoat. I've been going after the guy since Day 5. You know that because you agreed with my case against him on Day 5, and actually voted alongside me against him. Since then, he's been more or less a consistent scumread. I've posted multiple updates of my case against him, and I voted for him yesterday. Now, you're saying that this entire thing, my entire suspicion of Sig since Day 5 has been a ruse to save my bacon on Day 12? C'mon son. That there is willful ignorance.

I'm gonna ignore the parts where you cast blame against me because my activity is irregular, and because I get annoyed when people write dumb cases against me.

My response to your case was, in no small part, motivated to see how you would respond. This is probably the worst possible response.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 pm um no we are not lynching insertnamehere today thank you
omg I love your avatar
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:01 am
Quin wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:40 pm Feel worse about [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine than DDL now.
tell me why.
and what's kyle got that scotty doesn't?
Why did you vote for me again?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 am Thank you! Like Daisy, one thing I was iffy about was your rather strong defense of Wilgy. I doubt that Golden would put a Seemer style role on both teams ([aside]LCs role was why I was suspicious of both DH and Chuck, even though they fairly aggressively either defended LC (Chuck), tried to deflect to Dom (both) or tried to discredit me (DH) for pounding down "Do you think the hosts told LC that blah blah" everytime someone started to waver on voting for LC. Although in the last case, DH sounded pretty genuine to me, he really did think I was potentially railroading LC, so that was why I eventually turned to Chuck, rather than him [/aside]). So I think a super strong defense of a bad teammate who wants to be replaced, especially with Marmot bussing him right out the door, that does give me pause. Before DH was killed x2 and I started reading the beginning of the merged thread (whenever I tried to go in there it was all Lords of the Flies in there, with "kill the baddies" pitchfork waving manliness dripping off of every surface, lol, I had to get out of there for a while, so I just came back to vote and avoided reading much of anything) my thought was that you and he were avoiding EACH OTHER. But no way of really knowing that. My opinion on DH is fairly unreliable, he scares me, and he makes me nervous, and he and I seem to be super good at pushing each others buttons, a rather dubious superpower.

As for the Negan thing, I appreciate the sensitivity. DH said something similar. But it was menacing in Survivor for a different reason. It possibly would have been funny here, but I do appreciate the consideration from you both. It wasn't specifically that, it was that after your frustration, after being in two different thread with two very different personalities, I would have expected you and DH to interact more, to toss ideas off each other and that did not happen. Even if you don't play alot of games together I view you as friends. But that is subjective. And that also might be too obvious. But there most def was less interaction than I expected.

INH, Other than sig (and you could be right there) what are your thoughts on everyone else? I am going to pull my vote off of you for now, and move it to Scotty. Partially for your defenses, but also becasue of Quins opinions.

~~~
I still think the third strex is one of the people from Cerberus who stayed behind at the first button. DH could have easily been killed one or even two times had the killer been in his thread prior. But he wasn't until after the merge, and it was immediately after the merge. I think one of these people killed DH:

Boom
INH
LoRab
Niju
Scotty
sig
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

Boom, I felt better about him before the merge, INH ^^. LoRab, you're busy, you were traveling, it is Passover, but you are creeping the hell out of me. Niju is a civ, I believe the reveal. Scotty I will address in a separate post. I waffle on sig, I see the points on him, but I also see the signess that gets him mislynched, and I am not getting the sly feel I get from bad sig, but I never did read him that well and have joined too many incorrect sig wagons, so i am leery, maybe more so that I should be, of sigwagons. Did DH interact much with sig? If they did I missed it. Sloonei I have mixed feels on, his super civ demeanor is always impressive, but the things he is saying are making me tense. Daisys support is making me trust him a bit more, but only a bit. I feel pretty good about Daisy, from her first post when I read back in Cerberus, she felt civ to me.

I personally would, in addition to Niju, cross LoRab off this list (I don't see her feeling threatened enough to kill anyone twice in a row), and Daisy as well, as my patented "Sloonei Most Town Read" in this group. I might also strike Scotty becasue I think if he's bad, he's more likely to be Even.

I would like to get the person who killed DH becasue they killed him dead with extreme prejudice, but I would be happy with an Even, too.

I have to get ready for work, but I promise I will write a better post re my vote change later, Scotty :grin:
I think I do try and separate "out-of-game" friendships from the game to a certain degree. I mean, me and Daisy are pretty close, but we've had a pretty fraught relationship here.

You, Quin, and Boomslang are probably my closest thing to townreads. I've gotten good vibes from all three of you. Epi's being the grumpy, motivated sort that I'd expect when he's civilian, although the dude's hella crafty. Sloonei and Dom are people I'd probably view as civilian in a GTH scenario, although Merged Tribe Sloonei feels like a different person than Cerberus Sloonei. DDL is a person I've mainly disagreed with, but I can follow his thought process in a way that makes him feel hesitantly civ. Niju is towncleared, of course. Lorab and Sprityo are null reads. This is kinda weird in Lorab's case, as we've been in the same thread since the start. Daisy gets the "it's complicated" read. Multiple things she's said make me quite nervous, and I still think her Wilgy reasoning is wack, but realistically, she can only be on the Evens, and I'm not ready to commit to that just yet. Kyle is also pretty null, and someone I plan on ISO'ing at some point. Scotty is, at this point, a full-on scum read.

I'm willing to go along with Sloonei's plan to try and isolate the Even from the five Pikachu 2.0 members, by lynching Scotty today, and getting that damn sig some other time. Guy's been hella shady, and reacts to posts by identifying what fits into his narrative, and discarding everything else.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 am meh. I'm sure Epi and I could end up voting the same way regardless of being compelled to or not. He's been all about colonialbob. I've paid little attention to colonialbob.
I can help.

[VOTE: colonialbob] aubergine
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Boomslang wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 am
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:27 pm
Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:30 pm
Boomslang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm I think colonialbob and sig are the strongest candidates.
why these two? and if I asked you to pick the stronger candidate, which would you choose?
Argh, misread the polls; I'd thought both colonialbob and sig were on the "first voted Speedchuck and then Wilgy" train. Cbob did do a Speedchuck to worthless DH vote, however. Not sure if the context of the DH kill adds any more information about that vote, given that we still have two mafia teams still out.

I'd say sig is the stronger candidate. His "sticking to his guns" comment gaslights people who are questioning him over Sloonei suspicion; it strikes me as someone who's caught in a slip doubling down. Also, "Plus mafia hasn't targeted him which i really dislike" is pouring a nice tall glass of WIFOM.
Would you be willing to start a sig wagon?
Well, it looks like you started it for me. Votes sig aubergine.
What's your read on Scotty, who, if I remember correctly, suspected you for weaksauce reasons since early on in Cerberus, before doing a 180 in the last couple of days?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah I think I feel worse about Sig

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 am meh. I'm sure Epi and I could end up voting the same way regardless of being compelled to or not. He's been all about colonialbob. I've paid little attention to colonialbob.
I can help.

Damn, I knew I forgot someone in my S~V~S read list. Colonialbob is in that weird position where the dude makes me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure whether that's because he's scum, or because we seem to approach this game in completely different ways.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:22 am I have no idea why "evening the playing field" would be a reason to lynch Sloonei.

I would lynch someone for that at the endgame.

At the endgame.

Right now it does very little but deflect the lynch from whoever you want it deflected from.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Colinialbob is that dude I can never read. But his first role looked like shit an so didd his play with that role.

Sig is that guy I usually suspect tho.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Not gonna do an ISO on Sig because I hate those lately. His recent stuff looks bad.

I usually misolynch Sig for dumb crap but it has been long since I last did that so I'm willing to venture in that rabbit role again.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:53 am Colinialbob is that dude I can never read. But his first role looked like shit an so didd his play with that role.

Sig is that guy I usually suspect tho.
What's your read on Scotty?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I really hate this INH lynch tho. I liked his reaction to that wagon on him a few days ago (actually I hated it, but I thought it was civ).

Also 2/3 people voting for him are doing it out of night kill analysis. That is disgusting. Take that away from me.

Been feeling decently about Scotty all game but never much. Might vote for him to save INH. Otherwise... eh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also Quin your idea that we should lynch someone out of a 20% probability is bad and you should feel bad for it.

You are still a civ tho.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:18 am Moving my Aubergine to *Scotty* for now.
So I had my team kill myself on N2? Is that what you’re saying? Because that’s the only way I’m even. I can get maybe Strex, but come on.
S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 am Also, Scotty pushing that superlative lynch on the day of LC's second lynch... I thought he was bad when I reread Cerberus, and guess I still do :shrug:
I’ve already explained that there is no precedence in this claim and is purely coincidental. Did you read my response to that or naw? I’ve been pushing for lynches since day 2

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

No, but maybe your new team killed your first life as a 3P

I'm moving my VOTE to SCOTTY
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I like Scotty, I really do. I don’t understand the points you guys are ringing up to lynch him. I can back up sig being shady though, the whole “fitting things into his narrative”

I’m not going to dismiss INH though. I will keep him in mind until solid evidence shows me otherwise

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I don't really want to lynch scotty
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei if you don't explain why you voted me I'm gonna interpret you were testing wagons just to see if it would work.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can help.

I don't see how this helps.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:22 pm Sloonei if you don't explain why you voted me I'm gonna interpret you were testing wagons just to see if it would work.
I was fishing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:49 pm
I can help.

I don't see how this helps.
Hmm help the lynch happen maybe.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 am
“Out of nowhere”

Naw dog.
First off, you just completely ignored my response to your case, where I said that you painted specific instances in a way that ignored context while glorifying yourself and attacking me. If you want to say that you were solely motivated by going into my ISO, searching for Wilgy, and deciding that a town read of him must mean that I'm bad, sure, fine. But, you still haven't said how my town read of Wilgy is disingenuous.

All I did was view your ISO through a Wilgy kaleidoscope. In no way am I "glorifying" myself. I made a case on you before,
and lo and behold it's relevant to this particular person- Wilgy- who is coincidentally someone that you have defended more than anyone else in this game.

I'm sorry, but looking around immediately after the death of a baddie, and pointing the finger at whoever said the nicest things about him is way more a case of easy scapegoating than me pushing sig for a lynch. S~V~S had specific factors connected to a perceived meta connection between me and DH. Those factors were wrong, but I could see the logic. You just keep repeating that I defended Wilgy. That's true. But, in my opinion, that doesn't mean diddly squat unless you can explain why my defenses of Wilgy came from a non-civilian mindset, which is something you seem to be uncomfortable doing.

I usually look toward people that avoid and then bus a teammate in this situation, sure. But you have to admit it's still a viable strategy (in the extreme opposite case) to heavily defend your teammate so that when he's outted, the group can just write you off as someone that 'tried too hard to defend a teammate, so he can't be bad'. Which is exactly what everyone else seems to be thinking. I'm not uncomfortable explaining it, it's just a rarer thing, so how do I persuade people to see things as I do if they don't believe that is a thing that could happen??

Onto the Sig thing. This is the most annoying part of this post, for me. Dude, I didn't just pop out a case against Sig because I need a scapegoat. I've been going after the guy since Day 5. You know that because you agreed with my case against him on Day 5, and actually voted alongside me against him. Since then, he's been more or less a consistent scumread. I've posted multiple updates of my case against him, and I voted for him yesterday. Now, you're saying that this entire thing, my entire suspicion of Sig since Day 5 has been a ruse to save my bacon on Day 12? C'mon son. That there is willful ignorance.

summoning up one case when wilgy was gaining heat on day 4 makes sense to me if you're looking to act involved, yes.
Maybe not a ruse to save you then, but as of now, he is the most prominent case you've set up, if you don't count the Ulysses-like tome you laid out as to Wilgy's guilt. You're using it now, in my mind, as a 'See?! See guys, I have been actively pursuing people all game!'

I'm gonna ignore the parts where you cast blame against me because my activity is irregular, and because I get annoyed when people write dumb cases against me.

You were hosting a game for the first half of this game. I get that. I understand that, and I'm not bashing you for inactivity.
We both have lives (well, hopefully I have a life) so it's not about irregularity. It's that when you post, (and this has been brought up by others) it only seems to be when your name is called. Maybe that's only a half-truth, but I do seem to remember you coming into the thread with thoughts when you are mentioned. My memory might be failing me, so I apologize- that's how I feel.

My response to your case was, in no small part, motivated to see how you would respond. This is probably the worst possible response.

Well :shrug:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I mean ok, if it's going to save me, of course I'll vote sig. I did say yesterday that either he or nijuu would be the lynches I'd be focusing on anyway. And one is basically confirmed good.

unvote. vote sig

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

For those voting for me- [mention]Quin[/mention] [mention]@S~V~S[/mention] [mention]insertnamehere[/mention]

Which team am I on and why specifically that team?
Epginosis
Kylemii
Scotty
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

So, it seems we have narrowed down the list of possible Evens to those people unless DH was an Even. That seems absurd given the fact that DH was on LC the way he was. Given all this@Scotty who do you think is a good chance of being Even from that list?

You or Kyle.

Kyle the most, since Sloonei keeps vouching for you. But I don't know why.

You were so adamant for the Wilgy lynch for so long, that in one scenario, that's all you had to do since Day 2- keep pushing wilgy ad infinitum. If he was bad, then goody on you and you look town as fuck. Still a gamble if he's not bad, but then you could still pull off a 'oh, well. It was worth a shot' because by that point you had other people on your side for the same reasons. BUT. You could still be a very confident and hunting Even. If Kyle isn't an even, then my next bet would be you.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 amKyle is also pretty null, and someone I plan on ISO'ing at some point.
hold on, why am I null? you had opinions about me earlier on didn't you?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 am
Epginosis
Kylemii
Scotty
Sloonei
Spacedaisy

I would strike Epi and you, and tentatively Kyle. That leaves Sloonei and Scotty, and I am botd re Sloonei becasue of you seeing something I am not, so that leaves Scotty.
When you wind up wrong with your crossing of the i's and dotting the t's, come find me playing in the discount bin at Told U' So.

why 'tentatively' kyle? Whereas kyle is still playing catchup, and i'm willing to let him get caught up for a phase, I feel like I'm laying out my goddamn mind in this thread like it's a sushi roll and IT'S NOT THE CALIFORNIA KIND, MARCIE

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

i need to go to work. probably won't be back before EoD. Don't just lynch me because you disagree with my throwing fish heads at your boi INH.

If sig is lynched and is bad, then I will probably just shut up about INH the rest of the game.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pmI feel like I'm laying out my goddamn mind in this thread like it's a sushi roll and IT'S NOT THE CALIFORNIA KIND, MARCIE
what kind of roll is it? I enjoy your metaphors
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Pikachu catch up has limited utility rn. I'm gonna review Scotty and sig and I guess whomever the heck else becomes relevant in the next couple hours
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

i'm doing thangs today. don't want to lynch scotty.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

can someone actually link me to the cases against sig and Scotty respectively?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

All this talk and this
Debate is agreeable
Good show, everyone
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:05 pm can someone actually link me to the cases against sig and Scotty respectively?
I think the Scotty case is just POE. The people voting for him, as I understand are, have narrowed down the suspects from Pikachu 2.0 to you and Scotty. They seem to prefer lynching him.
The sig case is the same as it always is, I dunno. He's said some things about me that don't look great.

I'm not tuned in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”