DDL
sprityo

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING BAD-
Sloonei
Kyle

I BELIEVE TO BE BAD-
INH
LoRab

If I could move my IDK’s out of that category, then my POE will be so much clearer.

I’m comfortable with where we at, fam. Lookin good in either case, even if y’all (SD, Quin, SVS) mislynch me.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 13

Post by Scotty »

Am I just plain wrong with my Sloonei case? Why or why not? Oh, and for those viewers at home that can’t separate the person stating the case from the case itself, go ahead and go grab some cheese puffs and stare at the birds outside for a while to refresh your mind

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

unvote. Vote LoRab aubergine

Because why not?

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am Am I just plain wrong with my Sloonei case? Why or why not? Oh, and for those viewers at home that can’t separate the person stating the case from the case itself, go ahead and go grab some cheese puffs and stare at the birds outside for a while to refresh your mind
It hasn’t merit, it definitely got me to reconsider my stance burn in the end it sounded somewhere between almost perfectly placed and paranoia

When’s it came down to it you were asking is “didn’t Sloonei buss his teammates for town cred?”

To which there’s no way we can really confirm especially since he’s been playing pretty town in my opinion
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

It has meeit*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m going to chuck my phone across the hospital I swear to god
Banners:
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

5 greatest hits Mafia

5. Meeting the Dutchies, they helped me grow as a person and as a player.
Making some amazing friends in general, from around the world.
4. All the LC/Black Rock games I have played, they are the best for working with
Players to make every game the best experience. I will always come out of
Retirement for them.
3. Being part of the adventure that is the Syndicate from the start. I am so proud of
being member #2, and of everything that has been accomplished here.
2. Hosting three epic, imo, games. Stoners, Dogma and American Gods. To this
Day people still tell me one or the other was their favorite of all times. And to the
Worlds Best co hosts, Bea and Juliets.
1. Forcing Bea to meet Diggs, to take a leap of faith. This could go onto the next list
too.

5 greatest hits irl

5. Being an introvert. As such I have learned to enjoy my own company, a skill many never learn. Hiding from people at parties leads to #4,
4. Being that person animals always love. At parties I am ALWAYS off in a corner communing with the dogs and cats. Or fish, iguanas, gerbils. Whatever.
3. Starting a new career at midlife. For various reasons, I had to start over at 50, and move back to NY across the country for the second time in my life. I took the
opportunity to get rid of a career that I was tired of and start something completely different.
2. Moving across the country in the first place. I grew up in NY, and would have been OK there for my whole life, like most people who live their whole lives 50 miles
or so from where they were born. But my husband had the wanderlust, so we moved to Montana where we pretty much knew no one. Best thing
ever, I will never regret it, even though I have been back in NY for several years now.
1. Lucky in love~ it isn’t easy, it’s hard work. Definitely my greatest hit, actually meeting my soulmate and recognizing it and not letting go.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:01 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am Am I just plain wrong with my Sloonei case? Why or why not? Oh, and for those viewers at home that can’t separate the person stating the case from the case itself, go ahead and go grab some cheese puffs and stare at the birds outside for a while to refresh your mind
It hasn’t merit, it definitely got me to reconsider my stance burn in the end it sounded somewhere between almost perfectly placed and paranoia

When’s it came down to it you were asking is “didn’t Sloonei buss his teammates for town cred?”

To which there’s no way we can really confirm especially since he’s been playing pretty town in my opinion
Well no, I didn’t say that at all. I don’t think Sloonei bussed his teammates because I wasn’t making an argument that Sloonei is Strex. I think he has had a terrific track record in destroying Strex, and is using that as civ cred. There is no reason to believe he *isn’t* an Even.

If he is a vig, tho...then I’d feel like reconsidering. I’m not sold on that tho

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Why would him being s big change your opinion?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am Why would him being s big change your opinion?
It’s not the size of the man, it’s his actions that define him

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:32 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am Why would him being s big change your opinion?
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

If he’s vig then I’d figure that’s a pretty civ role

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

If he’s vig then I’d figure that’s a pretty civ role
i suppose.

I need to invoke the Crooks Hollow Protocol, right [mention]speedchuck[/mention] :slick:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:09 am Hey Dom-

I'm sorry we get so shitty at each other.

I know neither of us mean ill will.

Let's be friends.
:)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I think I'll just cite 5 good mafia roles I wrote.

In no particular order:

1- Shelly de Killer - Ace Attorney Mafia - Indie

De Killer is a professional assassin. Every day phase, players are allowed to send him kill requests. Those requests must include the name of the player they want dead, and how much they are willing to pay for it. Additionally, the customer may include a message to De Killer, with any information that may help De Killer complete the assignment.

De Killer accepts payment in votes. The customer may offer a number of votes (up to 5), and will pay those votes during the following phases as they get them. For example, if a customer pays 3 votes, they will have zero vote power for the next three days. Abilities that affect vote power don’t change the payment De Killer receives. If the customer dies before completing the payment, De Killer will not receive it. He will know the names of the customers who still owe him votes, but will only learn them after making the kill. The payment of votes is processed before the deaths that happen in the night phase.

During the night, De Killer will be allowed to pick what assignments he wants to take. He will then attempt to kill the targets during the night. He will receive his payment if and only if the target dies by his hand during that night.

De Killer is allowed to take up to three kill assignments per night. However, each kill costs one bullet to make. De Killer can purchase up to 2 bullets per night and they cost 1 vote each. De Killer will lose the bullet if the kill fails for any reasons. De Killer starts the game with one bullet, and can purchase more starting from Night 2. Roleblocks affect De Killer’s ability to make kills, but not his ability to make purchases.

De Killer can also use his money to buy the following items or services:

- Bulletproof Vest: this item will make De Killer survive one regular kill. He starts the game with one, but has to buy any new ones. If he is hit with multiple kills in the same night, he still dies. Price: 3 votes.
- Machine Gun Ammo: this item will upgrade one of De Killer’s kills into a super-kill. Price: 1 vote.
- Disguise: this item will make De Killer avoid any roleblocks that hit him in the night. Price: 1 vote.
- Bribe the Police: De Killer can bribe the police, making him appear as innocent in investigations for a cycle. Price: 1 vote.
- Bribe the Judicial System: De Killer can use his votes to well... vote. He can add up to 3 votes to his vote power.
- Bribe the Press: De Killer prides himself in only killing for money, but if necessary, he can kill a player who is not part of any request, by paying 2 votes to the press to preserve his image.

If De Killer is out of money, he will go into debt. While in debt, he is only allowed to buy bullets and the [Bribe the Press] ability. He is also only allowed to make one kill per cycle.

Mafia teams are only allowed to make one request per faction per night.

De Killer wins the game once he has at least 20 votes. Alternatively, he wins the game if he is the last player alive.

I said no particular order but this one is probably my favorite. It's a whole game in one role. It's meant to replace the game's vigilantes (there were none) and possibly give extra kills to the mafia. In a pinch, it can turn into a generic serial killer.

The player who got it played pretty well, but unfortunately, the role was a failure because it was only hired once. I thought people would sacrifice their votes to kill players directly, but in a rare show of civ responsibility, they didn't. Not even the mafia. Rule of thumb: players will always look for cheap ways to play without scumhunting, unless you want them to do that, in which case they will suddenly become responsible.

2- Dahlia Hawthorne - Ace Attorney Mafia - Serial Killer

[Bitch in Sheep's Clothing]: Passive. Dahlia looks like a gentle and innocent maiden, and fools investigations. However, if she gets at least 3 votes in the same day, she will show her true side, and this ability won’t work during the following night, and next day.

[Coldkiller X]: Active. Once per night, Dahlia can use fake cold medicine to poison a player, killing them immediately.

[Seductress]: Active. No man can resist Dahlia. Once per day, she can target a player; if they are a man, they will fall in love with Dahlia and permanently become her slave. All of their negative abilities will now fail on Dahlia, even super-kills. Once per day, Dahlia can make her slaves use one the abilities below. She can have all those abilities be used in the same cycle, but only once per cycle each. This ability fails on independents, but it prevents her slaves from hiring De Killer to kill her.

- She can change the vote of one of her slaves.
- She can force one of her slaves to make a post of her choice (not including a vote)
- She can redirect all the abilities used by a slave during that cycle into a player of her choice.
- She can force a slave to protect her from regular kills with his body, dieing in her place. There is a two cycle cooldown if this ability succeeds in stopping a kill.
- She can convince a slave to kill themselves, which counts as an extra super-kill. One-shot.

[Not THAT Dahlia, but...]: Active. Once per night, Dahlia can create a post restriction that will be applied in the next day. That post restriction will be announced in the game thread. Any player who breaks it will be permanently added to Dahlia's spite list. If Dahlia uses [Coldkiller X] on someone from her spite list, it will be upgraded into a super-kill. Three-shot.

[Dahlia's Revenge]: Active. Dahlia's death is not the end of her. After she dies, she will be allowed to possess one player (if she tries to possess a super role or independent, it will fail and she’ll have to try again). That player will share her wincon and join a QT with her. They will inherit all of her abilities, while retaining their original ones and will also inherit Dahlia’s slave/spite lists. Dahlia is still dead, so she won't be allowed to post or vote, and her partner will have to play the game for her. If that player achieves Dahlia's wincon, they will both win. If the player dies, Dahlia's soul will be banished to hell forever. This ability is hidden when Dahlia first dies.

[Dahlia’s Rampage]: Active. If every female role other than Dahlia is dead, and every male role is either dead or enslaved, Dahlia’s kills are now ultra-kills, and she has triple vote power.

["From the day I was born to the day I died, I never helped anyone! I lived for myself and, in the end, I died for myself."]: Winning Condition. Dahlia wins the game if she is the last player standing alive.

I don't like this role as much as De Killer, but it's worth mentioning because it's my first ever serial killer role to win a game. The player (Wad) managed to avoid his own history of being a night action magnet, to stay hidden for about 8 day phases, and when they noticed he was a threat, it was too late, and Dahlia's seduction ability had almost all of the players under control. He still came close to being caught and won by a hair.

The post restriction ability is a a site meta thing. There is another role named Dahlia from a bastard Pokemon game hosted years ago that automatically killed players who posted images. I made her a homage to the role, giving it a weaker version of the ability that only boosted her normal kill instead of giving her extra kills. It still scared the shit of of players, though;

3- Judge Judy - Favorites V - Mafia Godfather

[They don't keep me up here because I look good]: Passive. Judge Judge is the Law. She cannot be incriminated. She appears as town in investigations and her posts show opposite results on lie detectors. Also she appears as a random town role when targeted by a role cop.

[I've been in this business for 40 years]: Passive. Judge Judy is too experienced to be taken down easily. She is immune to regular kills.

[That's all]: Passive. If a lynch ends with a tie, and Judge Judy is alive, she gets to decide its result.

[The rulings are final]: Active. Once per night, Judge Judy can choose one player to be put on trial, where twelve players will decide the player's fate. Judy is allowed to choose 6 of those players, up to 3 from her faction. The other 6 will be picked at random. The twelve jurors will share a QT during the day phase, where they will debate and vote on whether to condemn the defendant or not. If more than half the jurors vote yes, the defendant will be super-killed. This ability cannot be used if there are less than twelve living players other than Judy and the defendant, at the time the ability is used. If a juror dies during the trial, thier vote won't count.

[Don't speak to me until I speak to you]: Active. Once per day, Judge Judy can target a player. If that player targets a member of her faction with any negative ability during that cycle, they will be rolecrushed for two cycles.

[You can't do that]: Active, two-shot. Judge Jude can arrest a player and put them on parole. As long as they are on parole, they won't be able to use any negative actions whatsoever. They will stay on parole for as long as Judy Judge is alive, or if she chooses to release them.

[Truth Machine]: Active, one-shot. During the night, Judge Judy can choose up to 10 players. For the next two day phases, she will be allowed to lie detect any post or sentence from those players made during those two days. If she finds any lie, the player will be super-killed. There's no limit to how many times Judge Judy will be able to use the lie detect during those two days.

This is the most prolific killer role I've ever created, hands down. Truth Machine alone killed about half a dozen players. The trial mechanic proved to be an extremely good anti-indie engine, wiping out two cults and another indie (it would later be expanded into the Ace Attorney game, probably my best mafia game to date). Together with the faction mechanic (that gave all the team kill power boosts whenever they caught a target lieing) it raised hell. It probably raised hell too hard though, because it prompted the other 2 mafia teams to forget about town and focus on antagonizing it, which ended up giving town the win in the end, thanks to the role below.

4- The Most Interesting Man in the World - Favorites V - Town

[If he were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there]: Active. One per cycle, TMIMITW can send a player a message. This ability cannot be roleblocked, redirected, or stopped by any means.

[His blood smells like cologne]: Passive. Every time TMIMITW is hit by a roleblock, rolecrush or kill, regardless of whether it works or not, the attacker will smell the sweet scent of his blood and will be distracted by it, getting roleblocked for a cycle.

[The police often question him, just because they find him interesting]: Passive. Every investigation coming from a member of town has a 20% chance of being redirected to TMIMITW. This ability will never be activated twice on the same investigator.

[His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser mans entire body]: Passive. TMIMITW's beard is amazing. It has a 50% chance of absorbing any regular kill that hits him, stopping it.

[His reputation is expanding, faster than the universe]: Passive. Every day phase, starting from the second one, TMIMITW's vote power increases by 1.

[He has been known to cure narcolepsy, just by walking into a room]: Active. Once per phase, TMIMITW can target a player and remove any roleblock or rolecrush that is affecting them at the moment.

[I don't always play mafia. But when I do, I play Favorites V]: Active, one-shot, must be activated in the day. TMIMITW will announce his presence in the game. He is so handsome that every female role in the game will be distracted by him and will have a 50% chance of being roleblocked for the cycle. Every non-female role has a 25% chance of turning gay and also being roleblocked. TMIMITW can choose two players. If himself or one of those two players are lynched, the lynch will fail and the first person who voted them will kill themselves in shame. At the end of the night, he will invite 10 playes of his choice for an after-party, and they will all be protected from kills or super-kills for the night, including himself.

Funny little role. Most abilities are situational so it isn't as powerful as it first looks like. The last ability defined the game though. After a very unremarkable game, its player (Alwaysmind) decided to target a player with it at the same time Judge Judy was targetting the same player with a faction lynch redirector. The ability then counter-redirects the lynch into Judge Judy herself, making town win a game of Favorites for the first time in 5 years.

As you may have noticed, this was far from my (and Soneji)'s most balanced game, but holy shit if it wasn't one of the most memorable.

5- Fujitora - One Piece - Indie

[Admiral Level]: Passive. Fujitora is much stronger than anyone else in the game. He is immune to regular kills.

[Winning Condition: Marine Headquarters Assignment]: Fujitora will not rest until he captures all of his targets: Luffy, Law, Sabo and Doflamingo. When those players are either dead or in Fujitora’s custody, he will win the game, leaving the island and taking his prisoners to Impel Down. They will be permanently removed from the game. However, he needs to bring at least one of them alive. If all four of them die, he will be ashamed for failing his mission and lose the game. This mission will be done in two phases:

- In the [Investigation Phase], Fujitora must find the identities of his four targets. Once per phase, he can send his men after a player to discover whether they are one of the targets or not, but he won’t learn the actual role of the player. This ability can also be used on dead player whose role was hidden. This ability cannot be redirected or fooled in any way, although it will fail if Fujitora is roleblocked. The Investigation Phase ends when Fujitora can name all four players to the host in a single PM. He is allowed to try a new guess once per phase.

- In the [Capture Phase], Fujitora will personally go after his targets. Once per phase, he can attempt to arrest two of them. Because he is a compulsive gambler, he will throw a 6-face die for each one of them. If he gets a number lower than 3, he will not capture that player. The player who is captured by Fujitora will then be rolecrushed, vote-silenced, and untargetable by any abilities, including super-kills. They will only be released if Fujitora dies. After he captures them all, he will take another phase to transport them to the marine ships, and after that he will win the game.

[Gravito]: Active. Fujitora can manipulate gravity with his sword, allowing him to stop any attack. Once per night, he can target a player. If that player is one of his four targets, they will be roleblocked and protected from regular kills until the end of the next day. He cannot use this ability on the same player consecutively.

Another role that didn't live up to its full potential, but it came close. The concept is of a serial killer with a specific target list (namely the 3 strongest civ roles and the strongest mafioso) who spends the game just trying to find them, and when he does, takes them all out and wins. When the player had just found the last one, the mafia sends a strongman kill on him in the night. Oh well.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

I've managed to be both traveling and sick for the past couple days, so I'm gonna start breaking some stuff down.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm insertnamehere - He adamantly tried to save DrWilgy even though there was no good reason for a civilian to do that. No civilian should want to go into an endgame scenario with an absent DrWilgy and lose because he was lynched then rather than earlier when it made the most sense, and it is unlikely either mafia was going to do the civilians the favor of removing him. His voting record is, from what I can observe, abysmal. None of INH's posts with regard to Marmot or Wilgy (or vice-versa) strike me as particularly compatible or incompatible.
I get the feeling that I need to re-post my "defense" of Wilgy again for people to actually understand what I was saying with it. Instead, people just seem to have read the first word of each paragraph. I was worried that the thread was forgoing actual scumhunting in favor of easy, often-absentee targets. I viewed the Wilgy train as an example of this. I fully admitted that there was a 95% chance that Wilgy was going to be lynched that day, and I didn't even really offer an alternative. I discussed multiple flaws in people's reasoning for voting him, but I also stated that those flaws were mostly trumped by the fact that he simply wasn't showing up. It was as much of a plea for people to present more detailed, sturdy cases as it was a half-hearted "defense" of Wilgy.

In light of his flip, it's certainly very easy to use it to paint me negatively. But that would require ignoring context.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

D dot Torro Great Hit Mafia edition

5) Going on my baddie winning streak a few years ago
4) Winning LC and BR's A World Reborn
3) Playing my first game on the Syndicate
2)Winning as the Serial Killer in Shawshank
1) Making some gr10 friends
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm I've managed to be both traveling and sick for the past couple days, so I'm gonna start breaking some stuff down.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm insertnamehere - He adamantly tried to save DrWilgy even though there was no good reason for a civilian to do that. No civilian should want to go into an endgame scenario with an absent DrWilgy and lose because he was lynched then rather than earlier when it made the most sense, and it is unlikely either mafia was going to do the civilians the favor of removing him. His voting record is, from what I can observe, abysmal. None of INH's posts with regard to Marmot or Wilgy (or vice-versa) strike me as particularly compatible or incompatible.
I get the feeling that I need to re-post my "defense" of Wilgy again for people to actually understand what I was saying with it. Instead, people just seem to have read the first word of each paragraph. I was worried that the thread was forgoing actual scumhunting in favor of easy, often-absentee targets. I viewed the Wilgy train as an example of this. I fully admitted that there was a 95% chance that Wilgy was going to be lynched that day, and I didn't even really offer an alternative. I discussed multiple flaws in people's reasoning for voting him, but I also stated that those flaws were mostly trumped by the fact that he simply wasn't showing up. It was as much of a plea for people to present more detailed, sturdy cases as it was a half-hearted "defense" of Wilgy.

In light of his flip, it's certainly very easy to use it to paint me negatively. But that would require ignoring context.
Your name is red because I have no reason to believe you are not on that team. Do you think there's a reason I should eliminate you from that list?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:ponder:

5. "A Handful of Humanity"
4. "Bold Eternal Day"
3. "No Shadow of Turning"
2. "One Coin"
1. "Glass Cannon Symphony"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:derp: Spacedaisy
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm I've managed to be both traveling and sick for the past couple days, so I'm gonna start breaking some stuff down.

Your name is red because I have no reason to believe you are not on that team. Do you think there's a reason I should eliminate you from that list?
Because I make good points and have tried to continually scumhunt despite shitty scheduling? Also, at the risk of disappearing into a giant glass of WIFOM, I don't understand why a baddie version of me would willingly subject myself to all of the Wilgy heat.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm :derp: Spacedaisy
?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm :derp: Spacedaisy
?
You posted in the Pikachu thread.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh. I didn't even notice. I was like flipping between the different threads and clearly lost track. Unfortunately I'm in the medical imaging office, so I can't easily fix it. I guess I'll quote it over here when I get out later.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 pm Scotty can you include these in your next update of the pertinent information? I searched for these for an embarrassingly long time and couldn't find them because I was looking for the bright red header and they weren't used on these.
Golden wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 am
Speedchuck's role and affiliation has been revealed. He is:
You are TOWN. You will win if all anti-town factions are eliminated.

You are 59: The Moon (Elemental). Each night, you will PM one element to the hosts (Light, Darkness, Gas or Dust) and one player to be targeted for any effect the element may have. If the Sun is in the game, they will also choose one element out of Light, Darkness, Gas or Dust. When you and the Sun are both in the game, your element choices will combine to form one effect. Each combined effect may only be triggered once. The Sun's target will get the benefit of any positive effect, while your target will suffer any negative effect. You may not choose the same element or the same target on consecutive days. You will not be informed of the effects of your elements.
He is still alive. Carry on.
Golden wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:46 pm
Nijuukyugou's role and affiliation has been revealed. She is:

You are 5: The Gunslinger (All Fall Down). Once, during a day phase, you may kill a player (by sending a PM to the hosts).
She is still alive. Carry on.
SVS, I'm sorry to go back to a question I've asked multiple times but I wanted to be sure I understood you, you think Speedchuck was bad but looked good both here and in his second lynch because of nutella and LC together? I'm finding this whole fake flip thing confusing and trying to sort through it. Do you right now believe Speedchuck was good and his last lynch flip was authentic or do you think he was bad and his lynch flip was faked to show him as a civ? I know this seems like something that is unimportant since he is dead now, but I'm looking things over and it could actually be pretty relevant for what I am looking at.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Thanks so much Epi. Sorry everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Since the hosts have said it would be a bad idea to ignore Ben for some reason (mouthpiece of Jacob my ass)

Top 5 greatest hits:
5: Spilling red wine on Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon
4: Running from the cops and escaping through the woods with my friend
3: Making a “bomb threat” in school and only getting in-school suspension
2: Forgetting my entrance while performing in a show for a good 20 seconds while my cast mates improvised
1: Meeting and performing with the love of my life on stage :)

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Ben Linus »

Hello.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Who wants to be the new protect of the island?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:45 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 pm Scotty can you include these in your next update of the pertinent information? I searched for these for an embarrassingly long time and couldn't find them because I was looking for the bright red header and they weren't used on these.

You are 59: The Moon (Elemental). Each night, you will PM one element to the hosts (Light, Darkness, Gas or Dust) and one player to be targeted for any effect the element may have. If the Sun is in the game, they will also choose one element out of Light, Darkness, Gas or Dust. When you and the Sun are both in the game, your element choices will combine to form one effect. Each combined effect may only be triggered once. The Sun's target will get the benefit of any positive effect, while your target will suffer any negative effect. You may not choose the same element or the same target on consecutive days. You will not be informed of the effects of your elements.

You are 5: The Gunslinger (All Fall Down). Once, during a day phase, you may kill a player (by sending a PM to the hosts).
SVS, I'm sorry to go back to a question I've asked multiple times but I wanted to be sure I understood you, you think Speedchuck was bad but looked good both here and in his second lynch because of nutella and LC together? I'm finding this whole fake flip thing confusing and trying to sort through it. Do you right now believe Speedchuck was good and his last lynch flip was authentic or do you think he was bad and his lynch flip was faked to show him as a civ? I know this seems like something that is unimportant since he is dead now, but I'm looking things over and it could actually be pretty relevant for what I am looking at.
[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] Yes, on the condition that you don’t lynch me today kthnx

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Ben Linus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm Who wants to be the new protect of the island?
Protector, rather.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ben Linus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm Who wants to be the new protect of the island?
Me

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

You better not make a John Locke out of me. I ain’t no John Locke

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:53 pm
Me
Okay great!

You just have to kill your father first. :mafia:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ben Linus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Me
Okay great!

Done.

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm
Me
Okay great!

Done.
Welcome aboard!
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

At beach. Following Epi's lead Vote Lorab aubergine.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm

@Spacedaisy Yes, on the condition that you don’t lynch me today kthnx
FYI - At the beginning of each thread is a link to mine and Golden's ISOs. Click on the link for either of us and you will be able to see all the posts we've made, whether they are end of phase posts or other posts. This is the best way to find a night post, a lynch post, a death post, a role reveal post or any other post we've made.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ben Linus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm
Me
Okay great!

Done.
Welcome aboard!
[imghttps://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2F4815162342execute.files.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F11%2Fthe-end13341.jpg%3Fw%3D1536%26h%3D852&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2F4815162342execute.wordpress.com%2Flost-themes%2Fheka%2F&docid=6vdov6n3OcETfM&tbnid=zeETpYJGpcz4zM%3A&vet=1&w=1280&h=710&hl=en-us&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim[/img]

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh Christopher Columbus

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If Ben really is an element of the island, then I would suspect that if SpaceDaisy and Quin don’t vote together, their respective votes either in this lynch or the following lynch will be worth 0 or they will start with votes.

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:30 pm If you agree with my assessment of the above, INH or Lorab are the best choices to lynch today, and my preference would be Lorab, potentially preventing the upcoming odd kill.
I just popped in to catch up while I eat some lunch. Playing lots of catch up from work, since I wasn't here yesterday and I have back to back meetings interspersed with prepping a class for tonight and getting stuff done to prep for meetings in the morning. Stupid holidays. And Ugh. Of course I don't have time to fully respond right now. I will hopefully be able to get back on before deadline.

In short, you are totally wrong about me. I'm not Strex. I'm also not an Even. I find both Wilgy and Marmot hard to read and didn't want to go into detail on the post you cited (where I went into more detail on others) because I didn't find a need to reiterate the opinions of others. I am not their teammate. I am not a baddie.

I'll try to find time for more later. I wish I had time to defend now.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm

@Spacedaisy Yes, on the condition that you don’t lynch me today kthnx
FYI - At the beginning of each thread is a link to mine and Golden's ISOs. Click on the link for either of us and you will be able to see all the posts we've made, whether they are end of phase posts or other posts. This is the best way to find a night post, a lynch post, a death post, a role reveal post or any other post we've made.
Yeah, I know how the ISO button works. But we have three threads to search and it's very time consuming and also leads to me posting in the wrong threads like the big dope that I am. And I did it that way for a very long time but overlooked them because there is no red heading so I scrolled right by them. I'm going to blame the meds again, because I can. Of course three more pills and I no longer have this excuse.... :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'd like to try and eliminate one of the possible Evens from Pikachu 2.0 today.

Kyle is someone I don't have particularly strong feelings one way or the other. I was convinced his behavior in LOTR was scummy, but I was proven hella wrong. I haven't really figured out how to read him. He feels like the "easiest" lynch out of the group.

Daisy, I vacillate on. I'd like her to explain why she wants to put Scotty on "the backburner."

Sloonei has been a hesitant town read for me since the beginning. My only real quibble with him is his seemingly unshakable faith in Scotty as a townread, even after Scotty's unimpressive case against him, which Sloonei correctly identified as pretty damn tenuous.

Moving onto my main suspect: Scotty. Here's a rundown of what he's done since the end of Day 12, where he almost got lynched, but managed to shift enough votes onto Sig to squeak by.

Since then, he's been on the warpath against multiple people, seemingly switching targets depending on thread traction.

His first target was Kyle, who he accused of "skating by on his ignorance," mainly by quoting a bunch of times Kyle asked someone a question.

Scotty's case against Kyle is incredibly damn similar to my case against him in LOTR, where we were both civilian.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm He sure did ask a bunch of questions, which I guess is supposedly civilian-type behavior.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm mmmmmmmmm @Ambray @MacDougall

please tell me who you would lynch today if you weren't currently top vote getters, and neither of you could vote for the other
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm mac when did you begin suspecting ambray?
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm differently why?
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 pm @MacDougall i remember you referencing a difference between phone mac and computer mac before, what game was that in? was that Fiddler?
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:05 pm I can't check rn cus I'm at dinner, did Sofi mention either of Sloonei or Nutella before this post?
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm most specifically sloonei, did she mention sloon?
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm @Sloonei do you have any input on sofi v mac?
This may be what Kyle refers to as my prospensity for "tunnelling," but these questions all seem like Kyle looking for someone to tell him what to think, and who to vote for, instead of actual case-building. It also feels like he's trying desperately to sell other players on Ambray and Mac being the two lynch leaders, forcing attention off of other possible candidates. Despite claiming to have ISO'd both candidates, and asking so many questions, Kyle doesn't actually post a clear stance or opinion against either of them until after the vote ended, and after he pulled a literal last minute vote against Ambray.
A few hours later, Sloonei point-blank asked Scotty who he thought was bad. Here's his response:
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 pm so who's bad?
But via the Even route,
If I had to rank everyone on Pikachu 2.0, based on the assumption that kills are targets and players have to only target on their tribe, I’d currently rank as such, from most likely to least likely
-Kyle
-SD
-you
By the next day, this order has already changed, and Sloonei goes from a civ read straight to a full-on baddie. He posts a lengthy case accusing Sloonei of being "wishy-washy" and "pushing a narrative" during Day and Night 11. Here's Sloonei's response:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm To be clear, you think I withheld a kill on Night 10 so that I could implicate wilgy, even though I knew it would be revealed that he was not responsible for the missed kill immediately after, and was more than likely going to be lynched next anyway?
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm Sure.

Or as I said, other things could have happened and the kill wasn't purposely withheld. Could have been a block or a save or something. But when it didn't go through, in any case, it was an easy next step to continue pushing for wilgy.
Yeahhh, this case against Sloonei just doesn't make logical sense to me, and requires too many bonkers assumptions.

This is the quote that I keep coming back to when describing Scotty's gameplay:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 pm Why is it that when I do something you don't like I'm "pushing narratives" but when I do something that might be good I'm "squeaking"?
Fast forward to this morning:
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am People I’m making my mind up on:

I BELIEVE ARE CIV—
Nijuu
Epi
Dom
SpaceDaisy
Quin
SVS

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING CIV-
Boomslang

IDK-
cbob
DDL
sprityo

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING BAD-
Sloonei
Kyle

I BELIEVE TO BE BAD-
INH
LoRab

If I could move my IDK’s out of that category, then my POE will be so much clearer.

I’m comfortable with where we at, fam. Lookin good in either case, even if y’all (SD, Quin, SVS) mislynch me.
Now apparently Lorab and I are a rung below Sloonei and Kyle, who he spent the previous 48 hours or so harping on. Scotty doesn't even explicitly agree with anyone's specific case against Lorab. He just makes a statement saying that "Day 2 Scotty" would be thrilled at people wanting to lynch Lorab, and places him at the bottom of his read list. :shrug:

There's a pattern here. Scotty is frantically switching between hastily-assembled, clearly-biased cases against people he think he can shift his thread-heat onto, in order to save his own bacon. He's just throwing pasta at the wall, hoping that some of it sticks strongly enough that he can hide behind it.

Now, Scotty's a smart, self-aware fella. Here are his responses to accusations of making flippy floppy and pushing forth biased narratives:
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:36 pm Yep, I absolutely wasn’t sure of you a few days ago. I had a strong civ read, then Wilgy died, and I was left second guessing. But your conviction that I am bad, though egregiously wrong, makes me feel better about you again.

Are you telling me that reads don’t change for you from time to time? My reads are not deadset, otherwise I’d be a statue (a damn sexy gargoyle, if you ask me): so yeah, I’ve oscillated on you, and view you as civ right now.

I get it, I’m not going to sway you from voting me. But if not me, who would you vote?
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 pm Why is it that when I do something you don't like I'm "pushing narratives" but when I do something that might be good I'm "squeaking"?
I'm looking at you under a lens, so pushing narratives is just another way of how it fits my thinking. And I'm not comparing you doing "something good". I'm saying you were hardly screaming for people to start looking at you as a culprit. I think I did a pretty good job of pointing out that you were doing it out of necessity because everyone else was looking that way.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 am I know exactly how you feel, SVS. I’m feeling more and more detached as the game drags on and no one really validates my cases. And I’ve made a multitude of cases- LoRab, INH, Wilgy, Sloonei, etc that I’m beginning to think I’m just wrong about all of them. Some look at them as ingenuine and/or mudslinging, but I think that’s because they’re just not seeing things from my point of view- I feel like I’m right, and I want to be right, so it makes it that much harder.

You’re wrong about me, but I feel like we at least share this feeling.
What this comes down to is how much credit each player is willing to afford to Scotty. He's either an idiosyncratic sensistive soul who is constantly revising his opinions, and looking at players through different "lens" of his choosing, or, he's changing his point of view in order to save himself, and writing cases that impugn targets while glorifying himself, while also having a fraught relationship with the concept of "objectivity."

Personally, I'm far more willing to buy into the latter. But your mileage may very.

[VOTE: SCOTTY] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

leaving in like 15 minutes. daisy hasn't voted so i'll take the lead.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

forgot to actually vote lol thats embarrassing
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm ok with that Quin, I was about to do the same actually. I did want to backburner him, but I think we won't deal with the question of Scotty until we lynch him. So if you hadn't led with this vote I would have likely done the same.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I won’t be around for EoD, but I if I die, use my last reads post as a POE. I think we’re still sitting pretty in the scope of the game.

Either INH has had a horrendous civ game or is an obvious baddie. Civ reading Marmot and Wilgy, suspects me and sig primarily. That’s about it.

Quin: who’s the next vote for you after me?

SVS: sorry I’ve read so insincere to you, and sorry you’ve put so much time into seeing me as bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

It’s times like these where I wish the role revealer had done me instead of nijuu.

any of my scum buddies want to “save” me again?

This is ridiculous that I should even have to beg.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:10 am The answer is he knew LC was going to get lynched and he saw something from DH that made his eyebrow twitch so he decided to put some pressure on DH instead.
Someone gets it. :sigh:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Look i may not know where i really want to vote today. but i do know scotty shouldnt be lynched. sorry Lorab [VOTE: Lorab] aubergine
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”