Ducks
47%

Total votes: 17
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 13

Post by S~V~S »

Night killers tended to kill inactives and low posters. And most games after we had evolved for a few years had more than one killer or killer group. Two bad teams, I think every game I ever hosted that was a full game had two bad teams and an SK and even a vig. That NKing them is not done as much anymore and it should be. I remember I did that like one game, and after that every game where a low poster was killed, people thought I was the killer, it was done so seldom. But like Golden said, it went for a phase or so, not day after day.

If they were totally inactive, they got mod killed by the host if they could not be replaced. That is something we got away from, and I would like to see a return to it.

But yeah, like Golden says, intentionally hiding for days so civvies would not lynch you would be really cheesy and taking advantage, that wouldn't be cool.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I should clarify, part of that was rather unclear.
I remember I did that like one game HERE at the Syndicate, more recently,
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I dont think lorab was abusing anything, I think she is legit busy for reasons we have nothing to do with, which is fine. I usually give inactives some grace time myself.

But sooner or later the grace time ends and the game moves on. How many active, interested (and civ) players need to be kicked out of the game so the inactive can have an extended grace period?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah I'd like to see modkills too myself.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am I dont think lorab was abusing anything, I think she is legit busy for reasons we have nothing to do with, which is fine. I usually give inactives some grace time myself.

But sooner or later the grace time ends and the game moves on. How many active, interested (and civ) players need to be kicked out of the game so the inactive can have an extended grace period?
I don't think anyone is saying anyone was "wrong", just explaining context. We're weirdos sometimes :cloud9:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

That said, TS is still the nicest place I know in the internet. So it's more like you guys went from Barney the Dinosaur to Carebears.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 am I dont think lorab was abusing anything, I think she is legit busy for reasons we have nothing to do with, which is fine. I usually give inactives some grace time myself.

I don't think anyone is saying anyone was "wrong", just explaining context. We're weirdos sometimes :cloud9:
It's okay, sorry if I'm coming across as wanting to fight. I love you guys, and it makes me feel bad when I'm being told my actions are making the place less friendly. It's definitely not my goal. I just like to separate the game from friendship. Like if I kill you here, I still like you outside of here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:34 am That said, TS is still the nicest place I know in the internet. So it's more like you guys went from Barney the Dinosaur to Carebears.
:clap:

:hugs:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I almost had a modkill in Image Mafia but was too much of a wuss to do it.

Also I wanted to have a 2v1 ending badly.

It's definitely something that will be considered for future games though
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Please note night ends at 6:42 pm EDT and your pms are due by 4:42 pm EDT. We appreciate everyone who gets them in early.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 am
LoRab wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 pm super classy lynching me when I couldn't be online. I'm pretty sure I'm done with mafia. I may come back for games here and there, based on hosts. but, yeah. I think I'm done.
Im sorry you feel that way, LoRab. I also know how frustrating it is to be suspected and not have the time to properly defend yourself in general. But a new game will emerge, and every game is a fresh start. I look forward to playing with you again!
In the original culture that many of us came from, like Daisy, Golden, Juliets, LC, LoRab and myself, we had a lot of social norms. We did not lynch people who could not defend. It was considered common courtesy. Whether that meant because they were silenced, or whether they were out of thread for real life (LoRab is a Rabbi, and it is Passover, even if she was a low poster anyhow). Some things about the melding of cultures have been good for us, some perhaps less so. We play a more aggressive win-focused game than we used to and are conforming more to the norms of the wider Mafia world, but we have given up some of our charm and kindness in the process, imo.

So that is the context of her comments. I hope it is not so, LoRab :hugs:
The cultural/generational shift in mafia sometimes has a few bumps in the road, it seems.

All the best to you [mention]LoRab[/mention], as I understand your frustrations with the game (of mafia in general not this Game). Whenever we play together is always fun for me, as you're one of the best players and people I've met in almost a decade of enjoying this game.

Anyway didn't mean to hijack your point SVS. Just saw your post and agreed with it and felt like tossing my two cents in.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't think it's desirable or prudent to talk about whether anyone thinks the culture has shifted for the better or worse while this game is ongoing. I know all of you are trying to console LoRab, but in doing so I'm not sure you all are considering what ramifications your words may have on others either playing or not playing the game or on the game itself. That's all I have to say on the matter.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Be aware that I, your facilitator JaggedJimmyJay, am watching this thread with the eyes of a hawk. :noble:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] I don't suspect you, what you thought Golden said is more what is usual in a game so I can understand defaulting to that. But unfortunately it is not what he said. Easy enough mistake. Best way to determine our situation now is to lynch an Even and we will know for sure.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am Be aware that I, your facilitator JaggedJimmyJay, am watching this thread with the eyes of a hawk. :noble:
:ninja:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 13

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am People I’m making my mind up on:

I BELIEVE ARE CIV—
Nijuu
Epi
Dom
SpaceDaisy
Quin
SVS

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING CIV-
Boomslang

IDK-
cbob
DDL
Sloonei

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING BAD-
sprityo

I BELIEVE TO BE BAD-
INH
Kyle

If I could move my IDK’s out of that category, then my POE will be so much clearer.
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:02 pm Oops, missed removing that bottom quote. My bad. Does this otherwise look alright Scotty?
Looks good to me! :beer:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yeah I’m voting Kyle tomorrow and so should you.

Hey [mention]Ben Linus[/mention] , what does it mean to be the Protector of the island?

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 pmYeah I’m voting Kyle tomorrow and so should you.
i have a major objection to that plan 0:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:51 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 pmYeah I’m voting Kyle tomorrow and so should you.
i have a major objection to that plan 0:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 am Yay LoRab was bad! Makes me feel loads better about my early read on her. Thanks for making a more concise case for people to latch onto, Epi.

Let’s move on to greener pastures and find some more Evens. I’m actually much more inclined to lynch Kyle over Sloonei tomorrow. Especially now that refrigerator can’t target him again (thanks for that btw :suspish: )

That’s where my head is, at least.

I’m willing to let INH keep on living for now—now let’s see if we even get a kill tonight. It could very well be that there are only 3 Strex in play. Could not. Who knows.
what changed? you seemed pretty sure that I was bad yesterday. I'm not seeing much from you that indicates a change of mind, but now kyle is ahead of me on the chopping block. why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am Be aware that I, your facilitator JaggedJimmyJay, am watching this thread with the eyes of a hawk. :noble:
gross
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 am Yay LoRab was bad! Makes me feel loads better about my early read on her. Thanks for making a more concise case for people to latch onto, Epi.

Let’s move on to greener pastures and find some more Evens. I’m actually much more inclined to lynch Kyle over Sloonei tomorrow. Especially now that refrigerator can’t target him again (thanks for that btw :suspish: )

That’s where my head is, at least.

I’m willing to let INH keep on living for now—now let’s see if we even get a kill tonight. It could very well be that there are only 3 Strex in play. Could not. Who knows.
what changed? you seemed pretty sure that I was bad yesterday. I'm not seeing much from you that indicates a change of mind, but now kyle is ahead of me on the chopping block. why?
Because.
I’m not feeling any better about Kyle today or his contributions yesterday, even though he was haiku’d. I think I like my case on Kyle more.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden has been unavoidably delayed. Please bear with us he should be here soon.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

Epignosis was singing: "I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feeeeeel so bad." Epignosis liked to list things to music.

Everyone had been busy listing their greatest hits. Well, not quite everybody. Most people. It certainly occupied a lot of everybody's time. So much that people barely noticed when dawn rose and everyone was still alive.

Nevertheless, Jacob had spoken (through Ben Linus), and what they discovered was that, oddly, many of them now couldn't be hurt, at all. It wasn't clear how temporary the effect was, but it was clear that more people should have been following the word of sock Ben.

"Well, why wouldn't people take Ben seriously" said Scotty "I did murder my father for this after all. And then I find out that all I get for being protector of the island is this stupid t-shirt. You know what I say,
though. Sometimes life hands you limes, but if you put them in your sock and turn it into a slingshot, you'll be able to jump to Warp Factor 3."

No-one has died. It is now day 14. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Host post indicates invulnerable civilians.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 pm Host post indicates invulnerable civilians.
Host post indicates invulnerable people - NAI.

So does the poll...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh jeez. That poll :ponder:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wow?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what does hitless player mean
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

oh, the lists. oh wow
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I assume there's no way to avoid lynching altogether, and of the names available to us Boomslang and cbob make the most sense as lynch candidates. Niju is obviously off the table, and I've seen no good reason to suspect Quin or sprityo.

[VOTE: Boomslang] aubergine I guess. He's done nothing to generate oodles of townie points for himself. Today might be a good opportunity to reset some of our positions arguments given the reduced field.

I'm currently restricted to phone posting though, so I can't do any big ISOs and the like. My whole game is just apologizing for insufficient play.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I remember boomslang irking my buttons early on, this seems like a good opportunity to revisit why
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Update: there's no way in hell that boomslang is strexcorp. No evidence one way or the other that he is associated with the Evens though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Look at this early Cerberus post:
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
He nailed all three of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

TFW you like to live dangerously

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not voting for Quin or Blooper.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:55 pm Look at this early Cerberus post:
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
After FE Nutella I believe in nothing.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

Agreed. My suspicion of him is that he is an Evil Even. What say you to that?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Given the circumstances, I'd say lynching Boomslang is still the best option.

He's the only potential Even on my list available to be lynched today, and I believe he has both lives.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Nothin'. He's had no interaction with a confirmed Even at any point in this game.

Do you have real evidence for him being Even?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Nothin'. He's had no interaction with a confirmed Even at any point in this game.

No.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yay for following directions :cloud9:

Thanks Ben :beer:

Do you have any *real* evidence for him not being Even?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:21 pm Yay for following directions :cloud9:

Thanks Ben :beer:

Do you have any *real* evidence for him not being Even?
No. He seemed to be trying to hunt when I looked through his cerberus posts in retrospect, but that's the best I can do. I want him to say things today.

I should look at cbob/lorab interactions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Hey guys--

This week has been hell for me. I apologize.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

That poll 0_o
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

what kind of bullshit poll is this
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm I'm not voting for Quin or Blooper.
I'm not voting for you either :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

5 names on the poll means very little wiggle room for scum trying to save their teammates.

This is as good an opportunity as any. GTH reads on the players on the poll. Go.

Boomslang - bad
colonialbob - good
nijuukyougou - good
Quin - best dressed
sprityo - bad
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Quin wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 pm
Boomslang - probably bad?
colonialbob - Not an Even
nijuukyougou - Role Revealed
Quin - Ugly
sprityo - Poor Boy
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Boomsland - good
quin - good
blooper - good
sprityo - bad