47%

Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 pm Sloonei could be an Evil Even. No question there. He's compatible, and I think some of the evidence brought against him regarding his activity in the other thread is noteworthy.

Question for the field:

If you are LC's teammate in Cerberus, and you know he fucked up by naming your thread, what do you do?
I feel like me answering this would just create a giant mess.

I'm not an Evil Even.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:40 pm I’m suggesting to look at the progression of the day 4-Day 5 lynch, @S~V~S, since LC was also getting lynched on that day. I feel like Sloonei looks a little squirmy around that time. My defense is that I’ve been squirmy for days before that.
Sure.

Let's say I'm looking to lynch someone based on this line of reasoning.

Make a case on someone not named Scotty for this if it's not you.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 pm And the answer(s) to your question are things I've stated a number of times already. I got sick of Cerberus having nothing to go off of and being stuck in "extended Day 1" for a week straight, and I also began to suspect that the tribes were alternating between nightkills and lynches. I prefered the thought of us lynching a suspect rather than letting our town reads get picked off night after night. I expressed all of this pretty clearly at the time, I think.

And also sig was never my preferred candidate for the lynch. I believe I was pushing for marmot at the time.
yuck
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 pm Sloonei could be an Evil Even. No question there. He's compatible, and I think some of the evidence brought against him regarding his activity in the other thread is noteworthy.

Question for the field:

If you are LC's teammate in Cerberus, and you know he fucked up by naming your thread, what do you do?

I'm not an Evil Even.
Y U C K
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:40 pm I’m suggesting to look at the progression of the day 4-Day 5 lynch, @S~V~S, since LC was also getting lynched on that day. I feel like Sloonei looks a little squirmy around that time. My defense is that I’ve been squirmy for days before that.
Sure.

Let's say I'm looking to lynch someone based on this line of reasoning.

Make a case on someone not named Scotty for this if it's not you.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 pm And the answer(s) to your question are things I've stated a number of times already. I got sick of Cerberus having nothing to go off of and being stuck in "extended Day 1" for a week straight, and I also began to suspect that the tribes were alternating between nightkills and lynches. I prefered the thought of us lynching a suspect rather than letting our town reads get picked off night after night. I expressed all of this pretty clearly at the time, I think.

And also sig was never my preferred candidate for the lynch. I believe I was pushing for marmot at the time.
yuck

Question for the field:

I'm not an Evil Even.
Y U C K
Thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tell me how those two posts reflect on my potential alignment as you see it, [mention]Dom[/mention].
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

Question for the field:

I'm not an Evil Even.
I don't think you are. But I have to be fair if when it comes to the criteria by which I'm using to judge anybody else.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Question for the field:

I'm not an Evil Even.
I don't think you are. But I have to be fair if when it comes to the criteria by which I'm using to judge anybody else.
I approve.

If you were balancing this game, what might the sizes of the two mafia teams be?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:59 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:35 am:/
Who else should we lynch?
if it weren't for the fact that I have 2 lives remaining I'd almost be okay with dying just for the PoE benefits. if everything we think we know is true then the real killer of sprityo has to be among you, epi, spacedaisy or Scotty.

My gut feeling says it's Scotty, if it's not him then my second guess would be you. You've been the one pushing the "it's probably Scotty or Kyle" narrative the hardest with relatively weak reasons for clearing spacedaisy, epi, and yourself.
Ignore my last post, I'm an idiot and somehow looked right past this.
I'm not going to offer reasons for clearing myself. That's not my job. The reason for clearing Epi is that he was instrumental in the cases against LC and nutella, as far as I can tell. I also truly do not believe that he would have killed sprityo there, and independent of all this, he is a strong town read.
I've been firmly town reading Daisy all game and nothing has really changed that. I really don't see her being bad either.

So it's you or Scotty, and Scotty is right up there with Epi and Daisy in the battle for my strongest town read if you take this whole POE thing out. So I'm landing on you, but I've also spent a good deal of time wondering aloud whether this path is really worth following. I still think it could be the case that the nightkills were not restricted to targets within a player's tribe.
Noone gets credit
For the lynching of Long Con
His death was fated
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 pm
if it weren't for the fact that I have 2 lives remaining I'd almost be okay with dying just for the PoE benefits. if everything we think we know is true then the real killer of sprityo has to be among you, epi, spacedaisy or Scotty.

My gut feeling says it's Scotty, if it's not him then my second guess would be you. You've been the one pushing the "it's probably Scotty or Kyle" narrative the hardest with relatively weak reasons for clearing spacedaisy, epi, and yourself.
I'm not going to offer reasons for clearing myself. That's not my job. The reason for clearing Epi is that he was instrumental in the cases against LC and nutella, as far as I can tell. I also truly do not believe that he would have killed sprityo there, and independent of all this, he is a strong town read.
I've been firmly town reading Daisy all game and nothing has really changed that. I really don't see her being bad either.

So it's you or Scotty, and Scotty is right up there with Epi and Daisy in the battle for my strongest town read if you take this whole POE thing out. So I'm landing on you, but I've also spent a good deal of time wondering aloud whether this path is really worth following. I still think it could be the case that the nightkills were not restricted to targets within a player's tribe.
Noone gets credit
His death was fated
Fair 'nuff. How would you say he treated/was treated by LC and nutella in Pikachu?

And also he was still nutella's most vocal opponent after the tribal shuffle.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei and Daisy
Read each other so highly
I want to know why
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Noone gets credit
His death was fated
Fair 'nuff. How would you say he treated/was treated by LC and nutella in Pikachu?

And also he was still nutella's most vocal opponent after the tribal shuffle.
I don't remember
That said, I don't disagree
I town read Epi
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 pm Sloonei and Daisy
I want to know why
I just think she's good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm
I want to know why
I just think she's good.
why why why why why
why why why why why why why
you know the drill, man
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 pm
I want to know why
I just think she's good.
why why why why why
you know the drill, man
I assume roles were randomized.

what are your thoughts on Scotty vs Kyle vs Sloonei?
Do you think there are any strexcorp members left?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 pm
I want to know why
I just think she's good.
why why why why why
you know the drill, man

First I lynch Sloonei
If not, then I lynch Kylemii
Scotty brings the rear.

One Strex does remain
Wilgy, Marmot and LoRab
Three is too little
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

why am I first? That's a bad place to have me on that list.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Question for the field:

I'm not an Evil Even.
I approve.

If you were balancing this game, what might the sizes of the two mafia teams be?
3-4 each
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

Three originals IF the first death recruitment thing is in effect, four if it isn't.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Question for the field:

Here’s my answer to that, which is at least a partial reason why my vote is currently on Kyle right now and not Sloonei:

If your teammate was just caught revealing too much info on the other tribe, a viable strategy to make sure you don’t do the same is to clam up. Can’t be caught if you ain’t woke.

I think at this point that Kyle has been playing genuinely behind, but whether or not that is a self-imposed strategy is another question. Theres nothing to connect him to the other side whatsoever, but the bottom line is, I’ve been getting more civ vibes from Sloonei and SD over him.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Here’s what Sloonei said about nutella after her nonlynch:
Nutella was one of the players I felt iffy about when I was looking at their thread, but she's been attracting a lot of unfair attention in games lately. Gun to my head, I'd say these are both town roles. It doesn't appear they were allowed to confirm their identities to one another, which would be an odd quirk for mafia partners.
followed immediately by
I only mentioned my nutella read because it's suddenly relevant to the discussion. I see no benefit to sharing any other reads I developed while I was over there.
Take that as you will.

Here’s what Sloonei said about Long Con after the D4 lynch:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sloonei, tell me about Pikachu. Why was LC lynched?
Sloonei wrote:I saw some people accusing him of faulty logic in earlier phases, I think. I don't recall who was saying these things though. I never read LC well, and he wasn't the most prominent name in any of the discussions that I read. He would not have been my preferred lynch over there

He was very secretive about his reads on the other tribe when he visited- his only real read he was willing to share if I recall was that SVS read bad to him. But he town reads both LC and nutella.

Take, uh, that as you will.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab's second post in this thread:
LoRab wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:42 pm Hey, y'all. I'm heading home today, so should be back to somewhat normal mafia schedule. Voting Wilgy so I don't forget another vote. I've been reading the thread when I have time, and the points on him make sense.

Aubergine is conveniently a food I can eat during passover (which starts next Friday, so differently quirky schedule coming up soon).
All of her subsequent posts expressed a similar attitude toward wilgy. Strexcorp had decided he was expendable and they could bus him. It stands to reason any other hypothetical teammates would also be on board with this plan. And I'd add that this strategy suggests there were multiple partners remaining at the moment, meaning there'd still be at least one Strex left right now.

The first person I decided to look at was Dom because I don't care for him popping in here to say "yuck" to me and nothing else. I'm petty. Here's what I found:
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 pm I have suspected DDL, Nutella (now dead), LC (now dead), Speedchuck, and Epignosis.

Now that I'm interacting with Wilgy, I do see reason to vote for him, but it is sudden to me and it is strange that we are all voting Wilgy, but discussing speedchuck.
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:12 pm Listen--

I'm always ready to be a slut for discussion.... but the amount of talk about someone we cannot lynch today and the blind bandwagon on another player makes me uneasy.

Daisy-- I saw that the case is mostly based on meta-- is that correct?
My suspicion of him is, others' suspicions of him are not.
I would say that I think ti's strange that wilgy has time to make a few joke posts but not enough time to do anything else-- replacement request or not.

I barely scanned the pikachu thread since I left it and saw he made a non-content post with a 0_o face. So... yeah... I don't like that.

What are the other cases against him? I have not read Cerberus from before I joined-- nor do I plan to. :p
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:37 am :shrug:

I'll vote Wilgy.
and so on

I did a search for LoRab and Dom interacting with one another and it turned up nothing substantial. A few indirect links and Dom thanking her for providing a thread summary in Cerberus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am
Boomslang wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:09 pm Following the train, because I've fallen off of it. Vote Wilgy aubergine.
[VOTE: boomslang ] aubergine for this
colonialbob, on the other hand, took the opposite approach when wilgy was taking heat.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

INH and Kyle for Even
Dom for Strex

everyone else is civilian or indie.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 pm
I want to know why
I just think she's good.
why why why why why
you know the drill, man

What kind of non answer is this? It’s like asking a potential employer the pay rate and the employer responding, “oh, all jobs receive W2’s”

I’m actually very curious too. If it’s an infodump thing, that’s one thing, and I get that you can’t comment. But y’all have jived ever since d1 when you were on a voting bloc together and completely write off each other as being bad. That would imply that you either have BTSC, are proponents of buddying, or ???? I dunno. Or y’all are just great at reading each other, and I am a pumpkin

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How many baddies do you think are left, Scotty?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 13

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am People I’m making my mind up on:

I BELIEVE ARE CIV—
Nijuu
Epi
Dom
SpaceDaisy
Quin
SVS

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING CIV-
Boomslang
DDL

IDK-
cbob

I BELIEVE COULD GO EITHER WAY, BUT LEANING BAD-
sloonei

I BELIEVE TO BE BAD-
INH
Kyle

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 pm How many baddies do you think are left, Scotty?
1 Strex, 2 evens. Or 1 even and 1 that has yet to be activated

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Why is INH more Even than Strex, sloonei

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tell me more about INH. I didn't know about your feelings toward him and we seem to have arrived at similar conclusions about him independently.

Linki: lol
He's more Even than Strex because of the way he reacted when wilgy was on the chopping block. He went out of his way to stick his neck out for wilgy when he did not need to and was guaranteed not to affect any change. It's an extremely bold play if he is wilgy's teammate. But there's nothing in that, or anything else, which excludes him from being an Even.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:49 pm Tell me more about INH. I didn't know about your feelings toward him and we seem to have arrived at similar conclusions about him independently.

He's more Even than Strex because of the way he reacted when wilgy was on the chopping block. He went out of his way to stick his neck out for wilgy when he did not need to and was guaranteed not to affect any change. It's an extremely bold play if he is wilgy's teammate. But there's nothing in that, or anything else, which excludes him from being an Even.
Really? I’ve been on INH for weeks. Made a case a while ago, I dunno where it is- somewhere in my ISO. I’m surprised you somehow missed that.

I would contend that, looking at LoRab and Marmot’s separate bussing of Wilgy, one of the strex teammates decided to go the extreme oppposite, and act SO defensive that it would look non w/w.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:49 pm Tell me more about INH. I didn't know about your feelings toward him and we seem to have arrived at similar conclusions about him independently.

Really? I’ve been on INH for weeks. Made a case a while ago, I dunno where it is- somewhere in my ISO. I’m surprised you somehow missed that.

I would contend that, looking at LoRab and Marmot’s separate bussing of Wilgy, one of the strex teammates decided to go the extreme oppposite, and act SO defensive that it would look non w/w.
I have been stretched thin lately and have been able to keep track of a lot of things in this game.

This is an interesting theory and one that I could consider. But then I have to ask what you think of Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 am

I have been stretched thin lately and have been able to keep track of a lot of things in this game.

This is an interesting theory and one that I could consider. But then I have to ask what you think of Dom.
Why Dom?

I have a role in mind for him.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 am

Why Dom?

I have a role in mind for him.
oh right. scratch dom. :derp:

unless that role is bad. i don't think it is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How about Boomslang, then? He'd be the last remaining shrug to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:12 am How about Boomslang, then? He'd be the last remaining shrug to me.
I ISO’d Boom a while back and haven’t felt inclined to read him as bad. I put him through the lens and didn’t feel like he was Strex.

He could be even, though. I’m not focusing on evens that aren’t you or Kyle right now tho. Once the Even is unveiled there, I think we can start looking at interactions on Bidoof 1.0

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:12 am How about Boomslang, then? He'd be the last remaining shrug to me.
I ISO’d Boom a while back and haven’t felt inclined to read him as bad. I put him through the lens and didn’t feel like he was Strex.

He could be even, though. I’m not focusing on evens that aren’t you or Kyle right now tho. Once the Even is unveiled there, I think we can start looking at interactions on Bidoof 1.0
This is all in line with my thoughts as well. When I ISO'd him on the day with the limited poll, I concluded that he's highly unlikely to be strex. But like everyone else from Bidoof, there's no interactions with any Evens, so we can't make a call on him one way or the other.

I'm also trying to push discussion of other players now because we've kinds stagnated on the you/me/kyle chatter and I'm tired of defending myself. I still think that's where we should be lynching, but I want to solve the game in whatever capacity we can while doing so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei, the more I talk with you back and forth without interruption the more I’m reminded of the waking fever dream that was Bidoof 1.0

I wanna hear from the peanuts

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Me too. Me too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It is understandable that this thread has gone quiet. I know I'm guilty of feeling complacent given our numbers, and I'm probably not the only one. We've also just got a handful of players (again, myself included) who wre going through some busy times and can't be here a ton. We're still in good shape, but we're gonna have a hard time winning this game if we don't figure out how to put the last few pieces in place.

At most I'd guess we have three mafia members across two teams. 10 vs 2 vs 1, if we're lumping any potential indies in with the civilians. Those are pretty good odds but far from a sure thing.

Boomslang and INH are the two remaining players I've struggled to get a read on in this game. Quin 2.0 hasn't been scrutinized much, nor has DDL. Then there's the Kyle/Scotty/me thing. I'm feeling better about Kyle being bad than I have at any point prior in this game. After those names I feel mostly good about everybody else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

okay but what is it about spacedaisy's gameplay in particular that's given you a strong and consistent townread
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei dancing around the "why is SD town" question makes me want to vote for him.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I don't think this because look at his first Wilgy vote. It was "i think Wilgy is town but I'm voting him because he's best choice." If he was going hardcore defense I think that post is different and doesn't end in the vote.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 pm Question for the field:

I guess you push for a lynch in your thread to try and delay his but you've got to resign yourself to losing him at that point, don't you?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am Sloonei dancing around the "why is SD town" question makes me want to vote for him.
For once, Cbob says something with which I agree. It's not that hard to provide a solid reason for SD as civ. I think that's the case, for example, based on her play towards Wilgy and good vote/role analysis.

Question for the field:

I don't see how you orchestrate a save in that situation. You know LC's lynch is a foregone conclusion, so you try to play in the other thread as if you didn't know that was going on. "I don't know — fly casual."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This is the fishiest thing I've read all morning, and we're starting to study the period of literature during which Moby Dick was penned.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 pm LoRab's second post in this thread:
LoRab wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:42 pm Hey, y'all. I'm heading home today, so should be back to somewhat normal mafia schedule. Voting Wilgy so I don't forget another vote. I've been reading the thread when I have time, and the points on him make sense.

Aubergine is conveniently a food I can eat during passover (which starts next Friday, so differently quirky schedule coming up soon).
All of her subsequent posts expressed a similar attitude toward wilgy. Strexcorp had decided he was expendable and they could bus him. It stands to reason any other hypothetical teammates would also be on board with this plan. And I'd add that this strategy suggests there were multiple partners remaining at the moment, meaning there'd still be at least one Strex left right now.

The first person I decided to look at was Dom because I don't care for him popping in here to say "yuck" to me and nothing else. I'm petty. Here's what I found:
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 pm I have suspected DDL, Nutella (now dead), LC (now dead), Speedchuck, and Epignosis.

Now that I'm interacting with Wilgy, I do see reason to vote for him, but it is sudden to me and it is strange that we are all voting Wilgy, but discussing speedchuck.
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:12 pm Listen--

I'm always ready to be a slut for discussion.... but the amount of talk about someone we cannot lynch today and the blind bandwagon on another player makes me uneasy.

Daisy-- I saw that the case is mostly based on meta-- is that correct?
My suspicion of him is, others' suspicions of him are not.
I would say that I think ti's strange that wilgy has time to make a few joke posts but not enough time to do anything else-- replacement request or not.

I barely scanned the pikachu thread since I left it and saw he made a non-content post with a 0_o face. So... yeah... I don't like that.

What are the other cases against him? I have not read Cerberus from before I joined-- nor do I plan to. :p
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:37 am :shrug:

I'll vote Wilgy.
and so on

I did a search for LoRab and Dom interacting with one another and it turned up nothing substantial. A few indirect links and Dom thanking her for providing a thread summary in Cerberus.
I struggle to understand how the strategy of eliminating Wilgy from their team suggests how many people were on a given team at the start. :confused:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hummm

I’m liking cbob more today. Bumping him to slight civ.

Nervous about DDL and Quin, the more I think about the switching aspect. Until they show more of their faces, they might as well be Sauron incarnates. Putting Quin and DDL 2.0 toward the IDK category.

I think we should stick to hunting even today and see if there is even a kill from the odds tonight.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Having been reading a lot, everytime Sloonei says something like, "I am not engaged with the thread" when he misstates the facts, I want to vote for him. He is the second top poster (tied with me so maybe now third), and he is always coming up with theories.

I call BS on "I am not engaged". It is beginning to feel like an easy excuse to slide out of misrepresentation of the facts.

Two weeks ago:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:15 am I've been less engaged with this game since the merge happened for a handful of RL reasons. I'll come back to it soon, but I've also been feeling a bit complacent since that one day I was in Pikachu. we still have lost more mafia than civilians in this game.
This is from his last post, some 200 posts later
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:52 am It is understandable that this thread has gone quiet. I know I'm guilty of feeling complacent given our numbers, and I'm probably not the only one. We've also just got a handful of players (again, myself included) who wre going through some busy times and can't be here a ton. We're still in good shape, but we're gonna have a hard time winning this game if we don't figure out how to put the last few pieces in place.

He is pretty much saying the same thing. I gotta say I have not trusted him since I first read Cerberus, and I still don't. I am not feeling complacent, I feel like I am trying to talk to a wall at times when it comes to Sloonei. He claims to not be engaged, but whenever someone proposes something contrary to his mindset, he pushes back against it.

It almost feels like he's saying, "It's OK to be complacent, don't pay attention"

I have gotten to the point where every opinion he expresses, I *automatically* find myself questioning it. This makes me realize I don't trust him one brass cent.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also on an OT topic, yesterday this group started coming up in my group recommendations on Facebook. It is called "Feast of Cerberus". It's a foodie group. I am not a foodie. Is it because I have been typing "Cerberus" alot here and Facebook knows it? Or is it a coincidence? :puppy:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159002134620001/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am Sloonei dancing around the "why is SD town" question makes me want to vote for him.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:03 am
For once, Cbob says something with which I agree. It's not that hard to provide a solid reason for SD as civ. I think that's the case, for example, based on her play towards Wilgy and good vote/role analysis.
I've said as much already at different times. These questions are not new. I've answered them a number of times already. People are just asking them with more scrutiny now and it's draining.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To Epi's question about Strex's team size, if they had resolved to bus wilgy and lose him from their ranks, I would speculate that this indicates there are at least two members left after wilgy because I think they'd be less likely to roll over and let a partner died if it meant the team would be down to a single member (in this case LoRab). The ease with which she acquiesced to wilgy's lynch would more or less be her way of waving the white flag if she has no other partners there.

Even if I am a suspected Even, my strex hunting record is strong and clean.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”