47%

Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Sloonei »

And to svs's post, I am not fully engaged and have not been at any point since the merge. I've been distracted and there's a ton of shit I have not read in this thread. I make a lot of posts because my goal is to stir conversation. So being bad doesn't deter me from posting because instead of spending time catching up, I spend it trying to talk to whoever is in the thread with me at that moment. Except in this game people just keep responding to me with criticism and skepticism, and that is another thing that is draining on me. I am starting to think the best thing for all of you to do is to just lynch me and move on, but I really do not want to lose my first life.

I think there should be a strong civilian case in my favor, but the situation we're in demands thay I be suspected. I get that. But it's not me and I'm not Even. I only had a brief window to interact with one of the revealed Evens early in this game and now I feel like I'm drowning in an inch of water because of it. I'm tired of defending myself against a case that, by nature, has little to no substance to it. That's not a criticism of anyone who suspects me.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Rez plz
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:38 am To Epi's question about Strex's team size, if they had resolved to bus wilgy and lose him from their ranks, I would speculate that this indicates there are at least two members left after wilgy because I think they'd be less likely to roll over and let a partner died if it meant the team would be down to a single member (in this case LoRab). The ease with which she acquiesced to wilgy's lynch would more or less be her way of waving the white flag if she has no other partners there.

Even if I am a suspected Even, my strex hunting record is strong and clean.
I agree with you here; I thought there were either 3 original and a recruit if first death recruiting is a thing, or 4 if it isn't but 4 either way. I agree that LoRab wasn't alone. I do think there is one Strex left becasue numbers imply it, but LoRab is in here an awful lot for someone who washed her hands of Mafia. I think she still has a horse in the race, and I am guessing it is probably a fairly strong horse.

Although re Wilgy, he asked to be replaced which is why I find it somewhat unlikely to be INH. I don't see bad INH defending "I Wanna Quit" Wilgy under any circumstances.

And Sloonei, you just feel so off to me. Like Dom is saying he isn't engaged, but he isn't one of the top posters, he really *ISN'T* engaged. You have an awful lot to say for someone who isn't engaged. And TBH I am super leery of people who had such strong town reads from most people at the beginning of the game still not having been NKed. That bugs me alot. They wanted DH gone hard, but they had to wait night 9, day 10, night ten, day eleven and all of night 11 for him to be gone. That's a real time week. It took them a week to fully get rid of him, And of all the two lives left folk, you are the one that pings me most.

There is nothing a person can do to defend against any of this, I understand. But I had to get it out there.

Plus several people could come into question for me if the assumption is made that Wilgy asked to be replaced in the first few days. He made a mistake in saying in thread he wanted to be replaced, imo. It throws any suspicion of him by teammates into WIFOM land, and it makes INH look better. It makes any claims of "Hey I went hard for Wilgy" of no value.

P.S. Tin foil time. In Goldens original culture, odd/even teams could not kill 2 nights in a row. Two of their *scheduled* nights. So if you killed night 9, night 10 when the other team killed, did not count towards the double targetting thing, so you could not target them again on night 11. So my first thought when I saw DH get killed 2 odd nights in a row was, "One team". Maybe with subdivisions so they don't all show as one team, but that would be weird and more complex than it needed to be. It could have also been a redirect or who knows what. So Supaburga with Tin Foil sauce supreme, but it did occur to me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:30 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am Sloonei dancing around the "why is SD town" question makes me want to vote for him.
Why?
Because civs generally have a reason for civ-reading somebody so strongly. Nobody was asking for a case with posting history laid out chapter and verse, but you didn't even say "I feel her reads are genuine, particularly of X and Y" or whatever. Your read of her is a smooth surface that we can't interact with.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am Sloonei dancing around the "why is SD town" question makes me want to vote for him.
Why?
Because civs generally have a reason for civ-reading somebody so strongly. Nobody was asking for a case with posting history laid out chapter and verse, but you didn't even say "I feel her reads are genuine, particularly of X and Y" or whatever. Your read of her is a smooth surface that we can't interact with.
Okay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Why?
this is what bugs me as well. I don't have a problem with sloonei townreading SD for vague reasons by itself, but the fact that she's being excluded from the process of elimination pool with no presented reason other than good vibes seems shady, when he's presenting the narrative that it has to be Scotty or me because it can't be the other two or himself
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:38 am To Epi's question about Strex's team size, if they had resolved to bus wilgy and lose him from their ranks, I would speculate that this indicates there are at least two members left after wilgy because I think they'd be less likely to roll over and let a partner died if it meant the team would be down to a single member (in this case LoRab). The ease with which she acquiesced to wilgy's lynch would more or less be her way of waving the white flag if she has no other partners there.

Even if I am a suspected Even, my strex hunting record is strong and clean.
I agree with you here; I thought there were either 3 original and a recruit if first death recruiting is a thing, or 4 if it isn't but 4 either way. I agree that LoRab wasn't alone. I do think there is one Strex left becasue numbers imply it, but LoRab is in here an awful lot for someone who washed her hands of Mafia. I think she still has a horse in the race, and I am guessing it is probably a fairly strong horse.

Although re Wilgy, he asked to be replaced which is why I find it somewhat unlikely to be INH. I don't see bad INH defending "I Wanna Quit" Wilgy under any circumstances.

And Sloonei, you just feel so off to me. Like Dom is saying he isn't engaged, but he isn't one of the top posters, he really *ISN'T* engaged. You have an awful lot to say for someone who isn't engaged. And TBH I am super leery of people who had such strong town reads from most people at the beginning of the game still not having been NKed. That bugs me alot. They wanted DH gone hard, but they had to wait night 9, day 10, night ten, day eleven and all of night 11 for him to be gone. That's a real time week. It took them a week to fully get rid of him, And of all the two lives left folk, you are the one that pings me most.

There is nothing a person can do to defend against any of this, I understand. But I had to get it out there.

Plus several people could come into question for me if the assumption is made that Wilgy asked to be replaced in the first few days. He made a mistake in saying in thread he wanted to be replaced, imo. It throws any suspicion of him by teammates into WIFOM land, and it makes INH look better. It makes any claims of "Hey I went hard for Wilgy" of no value.

P.S. Tin foil time. In Goldens original culture, odd/even teams could not kill 2 nights in a row. Two of their *scheduled* nights. So if you killed night 9, night 10 when the other team killed, did not count towards the double targetting thing, so you could not target them again on night 11. So my first thought when I saw DH get killed 2 odd nights in a row was, "One team". Maybe with subdivisions so they don't all show as one team, but that would be weird and more complex than it needed to be. It could have also been a redirect or who knows what. So Supaburga with Tin Foil sauce supreme, but it did occur to me.
when I'm fully engaged I have read everything, I know where everyone stands on everything, and I pump out ~100 posts every phase. Earlier in the game you were accusing me of trying to lead lynches without being caught up, and I didn't want to be perceived this way. This is one of the contributing factors to me continually bring up my level of engagement here. This is not Supatown Sloonei. For the most part I have just been trying to grasp what is happening in this game. I think I'm finally there now, but I might be getting lynched next so :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:46 pm
Why?
this is what bugs me as well. I don't have a problem with sloonei townreading SD for vague reasons by itself, but the fact that she's being excluded from the process of elimination pool with no presented reason other than good vibes seems shady, when he's presenting the narrative that it has to be Scotty or me because it can't be the other two or himself
I'm including myself in the narrative when presenting it for all of you, but why on earth would I be considering myself a suspect in my own approach to this problem?

I have nothing to say about daisy that has not already been said.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you suspect daisy, kyle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm Do you suspect daisy, kyle?
Why do you think he suspects Daisy?

I personally do not (those 2 lives tho...) but earlier in the game you were pushing lynches against a specific group of people, but you took several off of the table, and cut off any discussion of them at the pass, with "person x is one of my strongest civ reads".

I would like to be able to trust that person too, and would like to understand why you feel this way.

This is you in Mountain Mafia, Operation Trust Fall.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:55 am I'll extend that question to everyone, about everyone. I think this could be a useful exercise: in a brief answer, what reason do you have to read each player remaining in this game as town?
Is this no longer something you find useful?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't know if he suspects daisy. I'm asking.

I think that exercise could be useful here, sure. I've got nothing more to say about Daisy though. She was instrumental in the wilgy lynch, has a strong track record with strex, but very little known interaction with Evens. She's looked like a strong civilian all game. I have said all of this before. I have nothing to add.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm Do you suspect daisy, kyle?
I don't have any reason in particular to suspect or trust daisy. I think daisy is a skilled and experienced player and very well capable of feigning civviness. most of my method of reading SD derives from watching how and when she presentd reads on me. that's not the topic we're discussing.

it's strange to me that you've been putting such effort into pushing SD away from the PoE box when almost everything you've just said about why you trust SD can loosely apply to Scotty as well and don't necessarily cut someone off from being a member of the Even Stevens
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who are you gonna vote for and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Day ends in ~4 hours and Scotty and I are the only teo to vote so far. Where y'all at?

I'll be at work for the final three hours of this phase. I've said as much as I've had to say about things so far, and all I will add is that I'd prefer not to be lynched today. You all owe me nothing and I am not telling you to trust me, I'm just asking that I not be lynched today. I haven't been compelled to move my vote off of Kyle. He'd be my preferred option today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We all would prefer not to be lynched today, and you will still be here if you are, unlike many of us.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I'm voting Sloonei.

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm I'm voting Sloonei.

Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Why?
Your SD interaction plus pushing for a lynch coinciding with LC's slip plus your behavior around viewing the other thread. That's what pushed you over Kyle.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Why?
Your SD interaction plus pushing for a lynch coinciding with LC's slip plus your behavior around viewing the other thread. That's what pushed you over Kyle.
The daisy thing is a bad reason to suspect me. I was obliviousnto LC's slip in Pikachu and it had zero impact on my play, but I don't expect you to just accept that. It is the truth though.
Daisy thing is still a bad reason though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 pm We all would prefer not to be lynched today, and you will still be here if you are, unlike many of us.
Emphasis on today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:33 pm Who are you gonna vote for and why?
probably you or scotty but like.... realistically I'll most likely vote in whatever way allows me to not die
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

unless I'm up against someone I townread who's on their second life in which case I think the pragmatic choice would be to sacrifice my first life I guess

reviewing spacedaisy brb
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:20 pm
probably you or scotty but like.... realistically I'll most likely vote in whatever way allows me to not die
You won't die either way. Neither will I. Only Scotty would actually die today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:21 pm
Oddly enough I read him as the most civ of the trio.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

EBWOP ironically, not oddly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:21 pm
Oddly enough I read him as the most civ of the trio.
He is one of my strongest town reads as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why did scum sloonei campaign to save scotty and push to lynch kyle for multiple phases in a row, even when kyle wasn't on the poll?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm Why did scum sloonei campaign to save scotty and push to lynch kyle for multiple phases in a row, even when kyle wasn't on the poll?
Objectively: because scum Sloonei doesn’t care who gets lynched as long as it ain’t him
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm Why did scum sloonei campaign to save scotty and push to lynch kyle for multiple phases in a row, even when kyle wasn't on the poll?
This is where "I'm not engaged" fails to engage me because you clearly are.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I’m going to work- I’m going to leave my vote parked on Kyle. Both have reasons to suspect, but I think Kyle takes the cheese
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

why would that be civ exclusive behavior?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 pm
Because of what scotty just said. If I'm bad, I'm happy to lynch either of yu. I'd probably even prefer Scotty given his level of activity compared to yours in this game (no offense). I've suspected you over him for several days now and been very clear about this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm
if i was fully engaged i'd have 500 posts right now
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm
Well, you actually have 687. 313 in Cerberus, 75 in Pikachu and 287 here.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm feeling fairly conflicted here. The cases against Kyle keep reminding me of LOTR Mafia, when I was convinced he was scum. Instead, we were both hella town. I highly doubt my vote's going there today.

Sloonei has been a town read for most of the game for me. Dude was a super-genuine hyper-active instigator on Cerberus, and despite my dislike of some of his stances, (specifically about the need to lynch trumping due process and strong case-making) I overall trusted him.

Then the merge happened, and he vacillated between apologizing for not trying harder, and refusing to engage with other people when they asked him about his opinion.

I'll be honest, I agree with what S~V~S has said against Sloonei, and find his slippery justifications of townreads utterly uninspiring. Especially when the townreads he refuses to elaborate on are Daisy and Scotty. The former inspiring ambivalence in me and the latter being my top scumread. I've been trying to drill down why Sloonei is so convinced that Scotty is town for a while now, and from what I can gather, it stems from them being members of the Supatown instigation squad back on Cerberus.

Here's where things get complicated for me. Scotty posted a big, messy case against Sloonei a couple days ago. I'm reasonably sure Scotty is an Even. I also can't see Sloonei as a Strex member. I'm not quite ready to drink that big goblet of WIFOM indicating that Scotty tried to lynch his fellow Even Sloonei. That's a big pill to swallow.

I could honestly kinda see Sloonei as an Indie role. (We haven't lynched any of those yet, have we?)

Unfortunately, no one else seems to want to go for a ride on the ol' Scotty-wagon, so my vote's entirely up in the air. I'll check in before EOD.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:00 pm
Because of what scotty just said. If I'm bad, I'm happy to lynch either of yu. I'd probably even prefer Scotty given his level of activity compared to yours in this game (no offense). I've suspected you over him for several days now and been very clear about this.
okay but that implies that a mafia Sloonei would come in and talk about how much they don't care who gets lynched. I don't believe that's true. it wouldn't be good strategy.

and that's exactly what I'm talking about actually. as soon as sprityo died and it was brought up that sprityo's killer could be narrowed down to a small circle of players, you were the one to quickly stratify that grouping of players, placing yourself above the middle, ensuring that at the very least Wilgy, Scotty, and I would be lynched before you would be. you've meanwhile been bringing up the idea that maybe cross tribe kills are actually possible after all, setting things up for the eventuality where all that's left in the PoE is you and Epignosis, at which point you'd have bought 4-5 cycles in which to either expand PoE or figure something else out.

that's not to say that the only reason why you'd treat the PoE in the way you've done would be for those reasons but I think saying that being specific about your lynches RE the sprityo murder crime is an indication of you being civ is false. I think you'd push the same sort of investigation regardless of whether you were the one who did the murder
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm
Well, you actually have 687. 313 in Cerberus, 75 in Pikachu and 287 here.
Alright, listen...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've spent a lot of time talking about my read on Scotty, [mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kyle has multiple lives, and so a campaign to eliminate him ties up the thread longer than a campaign to eliminate Scotty does.

Campaigning to save Scotty may lead to warm fuzzies from Scotty and help improve scum Sloonei's prospects.

Appearing as if one doesn't care who is lynched is scummy, so taking a position is often a good scum play.

So there's several possible reasons, I think. (To be clear: none of these things are why people should be suspicious of Sloonei. They're just reasonable explanations of why a thing Sloonei has done is compatible with him being scum.)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:00 pm
okay but that implies that a mafia Sloonei would come in and talk about how much they don't care who gets lynched. I don't believe that's true. it wouldn't be good strategy.

and that's exactly what I'm talking about actually. as soon as sprityo died and it was brought up that sprityo's killer could be narrowed down to a small circle of players, you were the one to quickly stratify that grouping of players, placing yourself above the middle, ensuring that at the very least Wilgy, Scotty, and I would be lynched before you would be. you've meanwhile been bringing up the idea that maybe cross tribe kills are actually possible after all, setting things up for the eventuality where all that's left in the PoE is you and Epignosis, at which point you'd have bought 4-5 cycles in which to either expand PoE or figure something else out.

that's not to say that the only reason why you'd treat the PoE in the way you've done would be for those reasons but I think saying that being specific about your lynches RE the sprityo murder crime is an indication of you being civ is false. I think you'd push the same sort of investigation regardless of whether you were the one who did the murder
I like this post. it kind of quantifies how I feel. It's like Sloonei came in and said, "OK, one of these people did it, but it wasn't me, it wasn't w and it wasn't X. So let's lynch Y and/or Z, cause it had to be one of them." The first time I read it, I was like WTF?

I feel better about Kyle than I do about Sloonei. I feel better about Scotty than I used to, but still not great. I still feel OK about Daisy and Epi, but would have liked to have heard more from them today. I am starting to question the whole strong civ reads on people without NKs. I do not feel actively bad about Bob or Dom, but standard "I always townread Dom" qualifier applies. I am conflicted re INH, but if he is bad I would be shocked if her were Strex. Quin, I trust him, but I don't really know why. He makes me feel like those old Birdhouse in Your Soul lyrics. I know they were supposed to be reassuring, but this refrain I always found unsettling~

I'm your only friend
I'm not your only friend
But I'm a little glowing friend
But really I'm not actually your friend
But I am

But really I'm not actually your friend, ugh.

I have read so much my eyes are about to start bleeding. Still not sure where I am going to vote, but it won't be Kyle.

P.S. I was previewing this and I realized I did not mention DDL for my second recap post in a row. I had some srs squidgy bad feels about DDL earlier in the game. I need to revisit him, becasue I can't recall anything he has said recently.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 pm
Kyle has multiple lives, and so a campaign to eliminate him ties up the thread longer than a campaign to eliminate Scotty does.

Campaigning to save Scotty may lead to warm fuzzies from Scotty and help improve scum Sloonei's prospects.

Appearing as if one doesn't care who is lynched is scummy, so taking a position is often a good scum play.

So there's several possible reasons, I think. (To be clear: none of these things are why people should be suspicious of Sloonei. They're just reasonable explanations of why a thing Sloonei has done is compatible with him being scum.)
This is actually a good answer.
None of it actually applies to my motives, but it makes sense.

Care to offer any insight into kyle's activities in this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Imma real quick real LoRab in Cerberus. Like I said, I still think she has a horse in this race, and I think I understand her thought process, although I did not see enough of her this game to get much of a read.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Kyle feels similar to FE Kyle - asking questions, providing some good thoughts (see his questioning of you), but also not really getting stuck in and arguing on topics. I can still buy him as bad, but it's for negative reasons (lack of civ signifiers) rather than positive reasons (e.g. your SD read bit this phase).

He's probably somebody to ISO tonight though.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Kyle feels similar to FE Kyle - asking questions, providing some good thoughts (see his questioning of you), but also not really getting stuck in and arguing on topics. I can still buy him as bad, but it's for negative reasons (lack of civ signifiers) rather than positive reasons (e.g. your SD read bit this phase).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Well that's weird.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel like a lot of the questions about me right now are being pursued from the perspective that I am bad. I get it. You have to he skeptical and scrutinize everything in this game. But there's also the flipside to that coin. I could be bad, but I might also be good. If I am good, what are the reasons for civilian Sloonei to be doing the things he's being suspected for?

I'm tired of defending myself and have certainly brought some of this suspicion upon myself. I'm also working from now until well past the deadline, so I can't be an active contributor. But I'd at least appreciate if something could be said on my behalf before this deadline, because right now it seems like a number of players have made up their minds about me already without considering all possibilities.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

So... Are we just going to forget that we almost lynched cbob yesterday?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

I kind got detached from the game a bit in the last lynch because i didn't fee strongly about any of them, and now I am just getting back in here fully. So... I'm surprised by the flack Sloonei is catching. It's pretty ridiculous imo. Sloonei and Epi are my strongest town reads and Sloonei has been there since probably Day 2, he is looking pretty civ.

SVS, comparing Dom to Sloonei is like comparing apples to oranges. Dom is lower activity in almost every game he plays. Not that he doesn't contribute, but he doesn't post as much as Sloonei normally does. Why would Dom apologize for playing the way he always plays? Sloonei is someone who plays like Jay and dunya, they do a lot of legwork in the thread, analyzing and ISOing like crazy. Did you ever think that perhaps his apologizing constantly for being less engaged is because he feels like he is failing to live up to his own expectations for himself? Because that is how I've read them. Look, I've mislynched Sloonei before in the past, that is usually how I learn to read someone better, by being VERY wrong about them. I'm not interested in doing it again. Just not seeing Sloonei as bad and I would definitely oppose his lynch today.

Also I'm not liking the opportunistic look of cbob jumping on sloonei either. I need to ISO him to see if this is a new development.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I wasn't comparing them; I was using Dom as an example.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So Daisy and Boom you both are interested in a C Bob lynch, it would appear?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”