47%

Total votes: 17
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

DEATH LIST: Day 16

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm If you’re searching for this in the future, search for “Death List Day [x]”- it’s in the title.

Im just gonna try to post this once a phase until I die or the hosts put up a comparable list on the front page, cuz my memory ain’t what it used to be and it's a pain to search for this shit. I’ll do this one with only the facts as we know it:

DEATHS:

Color key:
Out of game, mafia team Evil Evens
Out of game, mafia team Strexcorp
Out of game, Civilian
Out of game, alignment unknown

D1 - Quin (no lynch) (link)
N1 - nijuu (link)
D2 - speedchuck (link)
N2 - Scotty (link)
D3 - nutella (changed from DDL) (link)
N3 - JackofHearts (link)
insertnamehere dies (link)
D4 - Long Con (link)
N4 - No kill (link)
D5 - Long Con (link)
N5 - Sig (link)
D6 - Colonialbob (link)
N6 - SVS (link)
D7 - Marmot (link)

BUTTON

N7 - JackofHearts (link)
Nutella dies (link)
D8 - Marmot (link)
N8 - Sprityo (link)
LoRab Dies (link)

MERGE

D9 - Wilgy (link)
N9 - DharmaHelper (link)
D10 - speedchuck (link)
N10 - No kill (link)
D11- Wilgy (link)
N11 - Dharma Helper (link)
D12 - sig (link)
N12 - Quin (link)
D13 - Lorab link
N13- No kill (link)
D14 - sprityo (link)
N14 - Dragon D Luffy (link)
D15 - Sloonei (link)
N15 - nijuu (link)
—————————————————————————
Current Lives Left (as of D15)

Boomslang - 2
colonialbob - 1
Dom - 2
Dragon D Luffy - 1
Epignosis - 2
insertnamehere - 1
Kylemii - 2
Quin - 1
Scotty - 1
Sloonei - 1
SpaceDaisy - 2
SVS - 1

Revealed Roles

Speedchuck's role reveal during Day 7 - link
Blooper's role reveal during Day 12 - link
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 15

Post by Epignosis »

Well, I'm pissed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never mind. I'm good. :)

Be back in a bit.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

Same problem as DDL tbh. I don't have much in the ways of suspects anymore. Gonna do a GTH list and go from there.

Boomslang - bad
colonialbob - good
Dom - bad
DDL - good.
Epignosis - good
insertnamehere - good
Kylemii - good
Scotty - good
Sloonei - good.
Spacedaisy - good
S~V~S - bad

The fact that I'm GTH'ing all of the Scotty Kyle etc crowd as good freaks me out. I don't know what to do today.

My SVS read surprised me. I'm going to look into her when I next get a chance.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

That would be a good idea. I am out at sea because the civ coalition never formed. I made a mistake but I am most def civ.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm That would be a good idea. I am out at sea because the civ coalition never formed. I made a mistake but I am most def civ.
I've been thinking "what if she's bad?" for a while now. To completely contradict myself, I don't actually think you're bad. But if someone's fooling me, it's you.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Nah there are 7 or 8 players too many in this game for me to start tinfoiling about SVS.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Well son of a bitch
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm with DDL on this one. Don't get caught up in paranoia Quin, SVS is civ for sure. There are certain things she has done over the course of the game that I think point to this. And her behavior recently (though I disagree with her decisions) read like civ SVS to me totally. Let's not pull a Sloonei type lynch again.

Current thoughts: I still struggle to hear Kyle's voice when I read his posts. I've been trying to figure out what that means exactly and I think that I'm just not reading his posts as genuine. And I think this is something I feel more on a gut level. I don't have a god reason for it. I definitely did not like some of his posts after yesterday's lynch but it could be partially due to my frustration over the day's result.

Scotty is the opposite, I look at a lot of things like his first role and things he has said and I think he makes more logical sense to me than Kyle. Most recently that he seems to be trying to keep the field open rather than trying to pursue the Even PoE. Is he afraid the net is closing on him? Despite this, my gut is saying Kyle over Scotty. I'm not sure I understand why exactly.

Short of hard and fast proof of someone else my vote will go to one of these two today.

Dom, why would you chase down another avenue with far less solid leads? I have no desire for this. It gives baddies a place to hide or a way to avoid a lynch. Additionally, we don't know for sure if there are three or four baddies on each team, we could be chasing phantoms. We will know more if we lynch an Even and see if the game ends or goes on. It is the most logical course of action here to follow our best lead to try and lynch an Even.

I'm tossing my vote on Kyle for now, but could be persuaded to switch to Scotty possibly.

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm Scotty is the opposite, I look at a lot of things like his first role and things he has said and I think he makes more logical sense to me than Kyle. Most recently that he seems to be trying to keep the field open rather than trying to pursue the Even PoE. Is he afraid the net is closing on him? Despite this, my gut is saying Kyle over Scotty. I'm not sure I understand why exactly.
As I said last night, I’d be down for either Kyle (who I believe is bad) or INH. Boom could be Even, but I’m not as sure there.

Whichever way we decide, I’m down with one of those two lynches. I just want to skip ahead to the next phase lol this flipping game is going on 7 weeks (we started feb 23rd!!!! I can’t believe that) and I’m ready for 12 hour phases

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I’d even be willing to agree that if we lynch Kyle all the way and he’s not bad, lynch me next to clear the PoE. But not me before Kyle kthnx

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh aubergine vote Kyle

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm I'm with DDL on this one. Don't get caught up in paranoia Quin, SVS is civ for sure. There are certain things she has done over the course of the game that I think point to this. And her behavior recently (though I disagree with her decisions) read like civ SVS to me totally. Let's not pull a Sloonei type lynch again.

Current thoughts: I still struggle to hear Kyle's voice when I read his posts. I've been trying to figure out what that means exactly and I think that I'm just not reading his posts as genuine. And I think this is something I feel more on a gut level. I don't have a god reason for it. I definitely did not like some of his posts after yesterday's lynch but it could be partially due to my frustration over the day's result.

Scotty is the opposite, I look at a lot of things like his first role and things he has said and I think he makes more logical sense to me than Kyle. Most recently that he seems to be trying to keep the field open rather than trying to pursue the Even PoE. Is he afraid the net is closing on him? Despite this, my gut is saying Kyle over Scotty. I'm not sure I understand why exactly.

Short of hard and fast proof of someone else my vote will go to one of these two today.

Dom, why would you chase down another avenue with far less solid leads? I have no desire for this. It gives baddies a place to hide or a way to avoid a lynch. Additionally, we don't know for sure if there are three or four baddies on each team, we could be chasing phantoms. We will know more if we lynch an Even and see if the game ends or goes on. It is the most logical course of action here to follow our best lead to try and lynch an Even.

I'm tossing my vote on Kyle for now, but could be persuaded to switch to Scotty possibly.

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
Why not do the both?
It seems to me that you are
Scared of other talk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

How? I am included in this extremely small pool of PoE.

I want to catch an Even and see if they game ends. How does this not make logical sense?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 pm I’d even be willing to agree that if we lynch Kyle all the way and he’s not bad, lynch me next to clear the PoE. But not me before Kyle kthnx
that's my line 0:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i don't mind going first if it's necessary for PiE

we've got one Even Steven narrowed down to a small group of people and then beyond that there can't be more than like... 2 Strex Armstrongs and Even Stevens left in total... right? compared to 12 living players?

I have confidence that this game can result in a win without me being part of it, so I don't really mind being a broken egg in the process of omelet creation, if it's necessary.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that being said, aubergine [VOTE: Scooty] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 am How? I am included in this extremely small pool of PoE.

I want to catch an Even and see if they game ends. How does this not make logical sense?
We just had a kill on an odd night. If we're sticking with the working theory, that means strexcorp is stoll active.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ignoring all the mechanical pieces we are supposedly dealing with, I could vote for INH, Dom, or Boomslang. They're my three biggest question marks remaining. I still need to look into the revealed Pikachu roles more closely to figure them out. One of the revealed Cerberus roles (the button) turned out to be bad, so it's not a sure thing that the Fridge is civilian.

Bearing in mind the mechanical suspicions, Kyle and Scotty remain candidates, in that order. But if it weren't for the still-unconfirmed mechanical theory, they'd both be comfortable town reads. I'm hoping to sort things out now that I feel liberated from the pool of suspicion myself. I was letting that nonsense weigh on me too much.

But i'm not about to start ISOing playas at 3 AM.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 am How? I am included in this extremely small pool of PoE.

I never said that
This is an avenue that
we should steer clear from.

I said why not both?
I said vote the most sus guy
You are saying nah.

It is possible
That you are protecting a
player on outside
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I don't think that my
Thought is controversial, so
Why do you think so?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm That would be a good idea. I am out at sea because the civ coalition never formed. I made a mistake but I am most def civ.
I've been thinking "what if she's bad?" for a while now. To completely contradict myself, I don't actually think you're bad. But if someone's fooling me, it's you.
Actually the feeling in not un-mutual, if you know what I mean. Except you still hit civ on my GTH. I have spent most of this game feeling you and I were on the same page but not quite. Similar but surprisingly different pages.

My thoughts at this point; looking at Slooneis list, it comes down to between Scotty and Kyle. And that list cross references with my list of people for the Day 5 Cerberus sigwagon. And I don't think Kyle had anything to do with that wagon. He did not vote, he was mostly defending from Scotty.

So for me, it's Scotty. He's on Slooneis short list, he's on my short list. He looks like the person who pushed the unified sigwagon most on Day 5.

So chucking the eggplant to Scotty. Catch!

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 am
Quin wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 pm
Actually the feeling in not un-mutual, if you know what I mean. Except you still hit civ on my GTH. I have spent most of this game feeling you and I were on the same page but not quite. Similar but surprisingly different pages.

My thoughts at this point; looking at Slooneis list, it comes down to between Scotty and Kyle. And that list cross references with my list of people for the Day 5 Cerberus sigwagon. And I don't think Kyle had anything to do with that wagon. He did not vote, he was mostly defending from Scotty.

So for me, it's Scotty. He's on Slooneis short list, he's on my short list. He looks like the person who pushed the unified sigwagon most on Day 5.

So chucking the eggplant to Scotty. Catch!

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
That's part of it for me too. Like, why are we so compatible yet so diverged in our ways of thinking in this game? It's not something I'm used to.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]Quin[/mention] I think part of it stems back to Chuck. I think you saw what I was saying re the role reveal, but thought I was in space about the "Chuck is still bad" part. And whenever I start to think that that makes no sense, I go back and reread LCs 2nd lynch, and I am right back there again. He tried HARD to get Dom lynched; both Chuck and LC did. Then after LCs flip, Chuck was like "meh" re Dom. And rereading it, it was like even more than trying to get Dom lynched, he was trying to get people to not vote for LC.

Which, with the game mechanics we did not understand at Pikachu at that point, makes eminent sense for an Even.

This belief has kind of thrown off my whole game. I don't know whether I am a freaking genius or a freaking moron. After yesterday, I am leaning to the latter tbh.

If post game it turns out Chuck was bad I will feel tons better, but right now my confidence is shot.

Re the Even we are looking for, if it is one person I think it is Scotty. He fits both set of criteria, on Slooneis list and a thread leader the day of the day 5 sigwagon. But I don'tintend on getting pushy about it as I am now afraid of haywire instincts.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Boomslang »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:18 am
Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:40 pm
Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm So... Are we just going to forget that we almost lynched cbob yesterday?
Out of an extremely limited pool of suspects?

Also we also almpst lynched you, didn't we? Are we just going to forget about that as well?
NO U Vote colonialbob aubergine.
This vote got me lynched. :eye:
Uh, no. That's like saying a vote for Ralph Nader got George Bush elected — you got lynched because there were more people who wanted you dead than who wanted Kyle dead. I don't think either of you are bad, GTH, so I voted for a third party. It'd be more accurate to say that INH's vote got you lynched, because he actually broke the tie, but any of your voters are worthy of scrutiny.

GTH reads:

Boomslang: civ (duh)
Colonialbob: bad (Strex due to Wilgy interactions)
Dom: bad (Even because Cbob is Strex; missed vote in close lynch yesterday)
DDL: civ (due to nightkill without much thread suspicion)
Epi: civ (supatown)
INH: civ (weakest civ read given voting record)
Kyle: civ (assuming I'm right about Scotty)
Quin: civ or indy (due to nightkill, role)
Scotty: bad (Even due to POE, willingness to bus Speedchuck during Wilgy lynch)
Sloonei: civ (supatown)
Spacedaisy: civ (authentic Wilgy celebration)
SVS: civ (generally helpful and thoughtful contributions)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

My worst nightmare here is that somehow all of Pika2 is civ, and Kyle and I would be dying for nothing. I feel like a pawn at this point and back to square 1 with defending myself. SVS is back to the LC lynch coincidence, and unfortunately from her perspective, that’s the strongest intuition she’s got.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Scotty »

Boomslang wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:18 am
Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:40 pm
Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm So... Are we just going to forget that we almost lynched cbob yesterday?
Out of an extremely limited pool of suspects?

Also we also almpst lynched you, didn't we? Are we just going to forget about that as well?
NO U Vote colonialbob aubergine.
This vote got me lynched. :eye:
Uh, no. That's like saying a vote for Ralph Nader got George Bush elected — you got lynched because there were more people who wanted you dead than who wanted Kyle dead. I don't think either of you are bad, GTH, so I voted for a third party. It'd be more accurate to say that INH's vote got you lynched, because he actually broke the tie, but any of your voters are worthy of scrutiny.

GTH reads:

Boomslang: civ (duh)
Colonialbob: bad (Strex due to Wilgy interactions)
Dom: bad (Even because Cbob is Strex; missed vote in close lynch yesterday)
DDL: civ (due to nightkill without much thread suspicion)
Epi: civ (supatown)
INH: civ (weakest civ read given voting record)
Kyle: civ (assuming I'm right about Scotty)
Quin: civ or indy (due to nightkill, role)
Scotty: bad (Even due to POE, willingness to bus Speedchuck during Wilgy lynch)
Sloonei: civ (supatown)
Spacedaisy: civ (authentic Wilgy celebration)
SVS: civ (generally helpful and thoughtful contributions)
Oh and then this bull shit right here.

Nevermind, I’m back to my original theory that Boom and Kyle are on a team.

You’re calling me bad with reasoning including “willingness to bus Speedchuck during Wilgy lynch”?? Are you kidding me? First of all, a bunch of people did that, and second of all, what team does that make me? Sure sounds like you think I’m on Wilgy’s team, bucko. Even I can understand via POE. Strex, absolutely preposterous.

Fuck it, I don’t care about saving myself. I think you’re bad, where I didn’t think that 2 cycles ago.

unvote. Vote Boomslang aubergine

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

There is no way Boom is Strex, btw. He’s Even.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LOL @ Boom
I'm no even. I destroyed
Long Con. But good try.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

Dom wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am LOL @ Boom
I'm no even. I destroyed
Long Con. But good try.
Long Con destroyed himself with the slip. As Quin pointed out in Pikachu, "No reason that LC couldn't have slipped, realised, and then told his scumbuddy Dom to bus him while LC pushes hard against him for that extra bit of civ credit."
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Boomslang wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 am
Dom wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am LOL @ Boom
I'm no even. I destroyed
Long Con. But good try.
Long Con destroyed himself with the slip. As Quin pointed out in Pikachu, "No reason that LC couldn't have slipped, realised, and then told his scumbuddy Dom to bus him while LC pushes hard against him for that extra bit of civ credit."
But the slip had been out there for a while and several people had posted about other stuff before Dom questioned it. I don't buy a Dom/LC bus at all.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

(Also nobody bussed Speedchuck because he was town)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Epignosis Cerberus Commentary

Because I hate myself.
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm Ok, all caught up. I don't like Sig's explanation of the haiku confusion on a personal level, but I guess that's a playstyle disagreement. Not going to push it when we have juicy nightkill responses to make.

I wasn't involved in killing Blooper, but I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Marmot needs to show up and give us something to chew on. Wilgy has also been super blendy so far. About the only thing we've gotten from him is some gentle needling of Sloonei based on a point made by Scotty. And a cryptic comment about Kyle — why is he a "hero and patriot" for voting Blooper?

I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
Boomslang called out all three known members of Strexcorp in this one post.
Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:58 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:34 pm @Scotty

Why do you have cat food in your pantry?
You never know when the feline master race will knock on the door. You truly never know..
The feline master race does not knock. :scared:
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 pm
:clap:

I refuse to lynch this man.
Wilgy targeted INH and then Marmot was the first to quote it (and INH posted the Vocaroo link a second time- I'm not sure if that's relevant, but Scotty quoted the second post).
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm I actually don't see the comparison between this lorab and fiddler lorab? early game fiddler lorab at least one announced intentions and thoughts on relevant players, even if they weren't strong, meanwhile here she's not actually pushed any topics at all and her vote was for Sloonei for peer pressuring her? like for sure I am not saying that her posts here are the ingredients of a civ, but fiddler lorab (mafia) put effort into making it seem like she cared about the roof
This is a defense of Lorab.
Boomslang wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:44 pm Vote Nijuukyugou aubergine
Even though Wilgy and Lorab had two votes each, and sig had three, Boomslang stayed out altogether and voted nijuukyugou by himself.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm vote boomslang aubergine
Even though Wilgy and Lorab had two votes each, and sig had three, Kylemii stayed out altogether and voted Boomslang by himself.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am i was like just going to ask kyle for a list of GTH reads. I don't think that would work now.
this aint scaffolding King of Town rodeo, Shouter B)

boomslang target boomslang bad boomslang bad

DrWilgy good S~V~S good arr! good

insertnamehere Catherine Martell? inh good? ing good?

JackofHearts2005 suspicious hylotheism good jack good

Kylemii good Folding Raincoat good kyle good

LoRab bad? Emperor Dalek bad? lorab bad?

Marmot delusory? marmot bad? marmot bad?

Nijuukyugou White Rabbit Nijuukyugou Mafia Nijuukyugou good

Scotty good Acolyte of Death good scotty premonstration Diabolic Manipulator sig words rapparee bad

Sloonei good sloonei sugarplum sloonei good

Spacedaisy
good spadecaisy Moving PIctures spacesdaisy good
Kylemii called Lorab bad but did not vote for her Day 2. It looks like he called sig bad too and didn't vote there either Day 2. During that time, Pikachu had a tie of DDL (5) and speedchuck (5). A bad Kylemii might be inclined to keep the lynch in Pikachu in play by not adding to Cerberus consensus. Kylemii voted the same way instead of voting for sig Day 3. I say this because one of Kyle's votes could have been Kramered, but not both.
nijuukyugou wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm Gonna comment while I read. Sorry if I post preemptively and someone has already said it on a subsequent page.
Boomslang wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 pm
but why was it so frustrating? what was the actual source of frustration for you? was anyone expecting sig or anyone to say whether they'd written a haiku

Um, yes? That was exactly what I expected when I asked "Anyone else willing to make that claim?"

what kind of person would have the forethought to lie about doing a haiku but not have the forethought to have just done a haiku when they signed up in the first place? I also don't necessarily think a civ who hadn't done a haiku would have a good reason to tell the truth about it?

I don't think "forethought" comes into it. We weren't told that haiku gave the lynch-immunity advantage before the game, so if somebody didn't send one in, they could easily have an "oh shit" moment.
nijuukyugou wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:34 pm Hilarious thoughts while I'm reading this (mostly unhelping mudslinging) thread (meaning no offense - it's just mafia as usual):

What if...NO ONE was bad in our tribe? Perish the thought. But it would be funny.
What possible town benefit is there to bringing this up? At best, it's conjecture; at worst, it's planting a seed of doubt that encourages us not to vote, giving baddies a free day.
Mostly my own conjecture, since I like to just post my thoughts. I've really been bothered by the thought, though. Well, more bothered by the possibility of a very small number of mafia in this game. I'm seriously traumatized by last year's GoC and getting super mad IRL about it, which I don't want again, ever. But sure, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it. My intention was not to prevent baddie hunting - it was to post my now-thoughts, which I don't get a chance to do very often.
Boomslang wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 pm
nijuukyugou wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 pm To be fair, this is actually the stuff he gets worked up about IRL :haha:
She's not wrong, you know :P Also, in your linki roundup of people, you didn't mention a leading suspect: me. What do you think of me anyway, old sport?
I think you're good. I think your getting worked up over people accusing you Day 1 (the usual) makes you look good (or the frustration is genuine). And your suspicion of me makes you look even better, because you're actually reading into my posts and trying to pull something out of it, which is a good civ look IMO. You're not correct in your suspicion, but I like your hunting.

Perhaps inconsistent, but I also appreciate Marmot's defense of me in the last two pages (I read the thread...a bit strangely. Last, first, and then the middle). I'm usually fairly suspicious when someone buddies up to me like he's been doing (and perhaps I should be more so), but I get good vibes. Let's see if that changes as I continue to catch up.
nijuukyugou, have your opinions of Boomslang changed since you wrote this? If so, in what way?
LoRab wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm Ugh, this week. I am so sorry for missing another vote. I got caught up in holiday prep yesterday (with the added bonus of having to figure out if we should cancel last night's worship services/celebration due to weather) and then spent a lot more time today at work than I had thought I would. Normalcy should return tomorrow afternoon (although I may have to go back to jury duty Monday--we had to do a long questionaire and then the judge will interview us for jury selection--btw, one of the questions on the questionaire was what our hobbies are, and I was so tempted to write "playing mafia" but better judgement won out).

I think Sloonei was the right choice for spy (despite previous reservations about Sloonei). And I can't wait to hear what is going on there. I'm fascinated that DDL would have had to have at least 6 votes, if he started with -2. Out of 11 players on that tribe, that's a good amount of consensus, which is interesting--especially given the amount of trouble we've been having.
Fascinating indeed. From the perspective of Strex, this would have meant the tally was DDL (4) to sig (4). With sig being good, the longer this team can keep the heat on him, the longer they stay alive given the anemic lynching going on in Cerberus. I would suggest that this makes DDL look less likely to be Strex, since there was no effort made to save him, but Wilgy is weird and Lorab probably genuinely missed the vote. :shrug:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 pm I feel better about both Drwilgy and Marmot now than I did roughly 24 hours ago. I feel like both of them have shown a genuine effort to figure out what's going on in this game in that time. I'm feeling less inclined to vote for either of them right now.
:meany:
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 pm Screw it, leap of faith.

sig aubergine
How is this a "leap of faith" if INH was the one making the case against sig in the first place (which he did piecemeal on his phone, if you will recall).
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:14 pm okay what the (f)

did eight people vote for LC on the other tribe?
Note: I edited the profanity since it can trigger the filter at work.

Is this the reaction of a civilian witnessing the lynch of the first mafia member, or is this the reaction of someone upset that there weren't enough votes on a civilian sig to prevent Long Con from being lynched?
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 pm sorry I missed the vote, my shower ran a little long and I had to leave immediately to avoid being late, good to see the other tribe is doing well.
Kylemii missed the vote entirely.
LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am Looks like niju has been silenced. Not sure if powers go through the night of death, or if there is another silencer.

I also don't see a reason why we wouldn't try to lynch the same as last round. In fact, sig has seemed even more suspish since then. So, as aubergine and babaganoush are delicious, vote sig
Out for blood. Ready to lynch sig who had just been Night killed by her team. I think S~V~S should reevaluate Lorab's methods. ;)
Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 pm We have too many Stubborn Stevens on this team lol
:eye:

Note that on Day 6, Scotty and Sloonei were arguing with each other about which member of Strex to lynch. Yet:
Boomslang wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:37 pm So... are we just going to forget the consensus we had around sig yesterday? Might not matter because colonialbob, but placing a continuation aubergine. Vote sig.
sig just got Night killed. A mafia member (Lorab) was still pushing to lynch sig. Boomslang was still pushing to lynch sig.
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm Nothing sig has done has made me suspect him less, so, may as well throw a vote his direction. :shrug:

sig aubergine
I thought we used to have a puking smiley face on here.

And Kylemii missed this vote too.

During Day 7, Cerberus found their inner strength and lynched Marmot.

Also of note (I won't quote it), Lorab made a Vocaroo post. This would be Wilgy targeting a teammate (which makes me wonder about INH being targeted).

JackofHearts didn't quote her, but he also made a Vocaroo post. I don't think it's meaningful.

Night 7, Lorab pushed her button, and the tribes switched up. JackofHearts was transplanted to Pikachu, and so it is unclear if he was killed before or after the shift.
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:39 pm why does he HAVE to be LC's teammate?

I see why ou think he aws PROBABLY LC's teammate.
But I don't see why you think he MUST be LC's teammate.
Why can he not be on another bad team?
Becasue he spent all of that time and energy trying to lynch YOU instead of LC. Why the hell would a baddie from team A go balls to the walls to save a baddie from Team B? Either he's LC's teammate or he's not bad, imo.

I could be wrong there, but where the hell was everyone else all day when I was here by myself lol? Do you think DDL's vote in the LC vs Dom vs sig lynch does NOT look bad?
I wonder if INH (Evil Even) read this post and decided to go ham defending DrWilgy (Strex). :ponder:
LoRab wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 am I’m confused why suspicion seems to have moved away from DDL.

In answer to your questions ACS, I don’t remember why I was feeling good about Scotty. Just general tone I think. Daisy I have no idea. Blooper I’ve had suspicion of on and off. wilgy has also been Suspish, but keeps wilgying out of it. Sig I’ve been back and forth on all game.
Here, Lorab wanted suspicion back on DDL, even though S~V~S and speedchuck were just discussing him.

I truly do hate myself. This concludes Part I.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

No one tell epi that niju is dead.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

You’re a madman, Epi.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I wrote up most of that yesterday morning. The reason I was pissed yesterday evening was because I couldn't find the saved draft and thought it was gone. Then I found it. I didn't bother editing it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epi, rate the following names on willingness to lynch from 1-10, where 10 is most willing and 1 is against your will:

Kyle
Boom
INH
Scotty
nijuu

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:39 am @Quin I think part of it stems back to Chuck. I think you saw what I was saying re the role reveal, but thought I was in space about the "Chuck is still bad" part. And whenever I start to think that that makes no sense, I go back and reread LCs 2nd lynch, and I am right back there again. He tried HARD to get Dom lynched; both Chuck and LC did. Then after LCs flip, Chuck was like "meh" re Dom. And rereading it, it was like even more than trying to get Dom lynched, he was trying to get people to not vote for LC.

Which, with the game mechanics we did not understand at Pikachu at that point, makes eminent sense for an Even.

This belief has kind of thrown off my whole game. I don't know whether I am a freaking genius or a freaking moron. After yesterday, I am leaning to the latter tbh.

If post game it turns out Chuck was bad I will feel tons better, but right now my confidence is shot.

Re the Even we are looking for, if it is one person I think it is Scotty. He fits both set of criteria, on Slooneis list and a thread leader the day of the day 5 sigwagon. But I don'tintend on getting pushy about it as I am now afraid of haywire instincts.
Don't didtrust your instincts. If they're telling you something, listen to it.

There's a part of me that keeps coming back to Scotty too. As much as I don't feel like he is bad, I can't fully dismiss him and I keep lingering on him a little bit. At some point I'd like to go back and look at some things. He'd be one of my top targets for review.

This dumb Pikachu POE thing is tearing me apart. We still don't know if it's accurate, but it's become a fundamental piece of the puzzle regardless.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am Epi, rate the following names on willingness to lynch from 1-10, where 10 is most willing and 1 is against your will:

Kyle
Boom
INH
Scotty
nijuu
Hi, I'm not Epi

Kyle - 6.5
Boom - 6
INH - 7
Scotty - 5
niju - 0, RIP

I need to work on these numbers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who's got a hot take on DDL?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 am [quote=S~V~S post_id=429709 time=<a href="tel:1523443191">1523443191</a> user_id=54]
@Quin I think part of it stems back to Chuck. I think you saw what I was saying re the role reveal, but thought I was in space about the "Chuck is still bad" part. And whenever I start to think that that makes no sense, I go back and reread LCs 2nd lynch, and I am right back there again. He tried HARD to get Dom lynched; both Chuck and LC did. Then after LCs flip, Chuck was like "meh" re Dom. And rereading it, it was like even more than trying to get Dom lynched, he was trying to get people to not vote for LC.

Don't didtrust your instincts. If they're telling you something, listen to it.

There's a part of me that keeps coming back to Scotty too. As much as I don't feel like he is bad, I can't fully dismiss him and I keep lingering on him a little bit. At some point I'd like to go back and look at some things. He'd be one of my top targets for review.

This dumb Pikachu POE thing is tearing me apart. We still don't know if it's accurate, but it's become a fundamental piece of the puzzle regardless.
[/quote]
:sigh:

I say again: if Kyle isn’t bad, then lynch me afterward to rest your weary minds. Not before. I’ve still got shit to do here. You definitely want me around.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine for now I guess. In a game where I have lots of civ reads, he's done nothing to make me believe he can't be bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 am Who's got a hot take on DDL?
The N14 kill was odd as shit because I feel like the only mafia team he fits in is evens (if we’re still under the impression that Strex wasn’t on pika1). So unless he committed seppuku, or suddenly changed alignments in D15, he looks fine to me.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Holding an AMA for myself because I love attention. I’ll answer anything to the best of my ability, so shoot

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by speedchuck »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm Holding an AMA for myself because I love attention. I’ll answer anything to the best of my ability, so shoot
Are you considering running another Survivor Mafia at some point?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm Holding an AMA for myself because I love attention. I’ll answer anything to the best of my ability, so shoot
Make an argument for Epignosis being bad.

That's not a question, sorry.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:01 pm
Are you considering running another Survivor Mafia at some point?
Considering, you bet. It’s the timing that would really make my anus twitch, though. Since signups for games here can tend to stall for months, my schedule is variable and money intake is scarce, it’s not the highest of my priorities. So long answer, I would consider. But after Legends of the Hidden Temple, which is slated next.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

I instead have an argument for why he’s good.

I mean, I don’t wanna blow up his spot, but I think Epi has a good role and I want him to stay around to use it again.

Would that suffice?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

I instead have an argument for why he’s good.

I mean, I don’t wanna blow up his spot, but I think Epi has a good role and I want him to stay around to use it again.

Would that suffice?
no
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

For POE purposes why shouldn't we just lynch you first, because we'll have an answer today instead of after two days?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”