47%

Total votes: 17
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 18

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm also, hey, you said you'd be willing to get lynched for PoE purposes how is my viewpoint any different than yours other than the fact that I'm actually following through??
Says the guy that has waited to place a vote towards the end so that he may save himself.

If you really wanted to follow through like you are alleging, then why not vote yourself?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm also, hey, you said you'd be willing to get lynched for PoE purposes how is my viewpoint any different than yours other than the fact that I'm actually following through??
Says the guy that has waited to place a vote towards the end so that he may save himself.

If you really wanted to follow through like you are alleging, then why not vote yourself?
what are you even talking about dude. I always vote late.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Spoiler: show
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm Oh and Kyle, I apologize if I'm coming off as antagonistic and/or judgmental- that's not meant to be the case, at any point in the game. I do often forget that people don't play with the same logic that I play with, and it can farkle my frustration pipes.
no of course not lol. I've actually really enjoyed going head to head with you, no matter how this plays out.

also your use of metaphors in particular is enjoyable and often bizarre and I'm thankful for it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

how.... what. where did the siren come from
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 pm how.... what. where did the siren come from
You clicked the siren button.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 pm

what are you even talking about dude. I always vote late.
that's also kind of missing the point. my acknowledging that my death will likely put the game back on track does not mean that my dying is the only way to put it there. lynching an actual even would do just as well.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 pm how.... what. where did the siren come from
what?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 pm
what?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm
what?
Huh??
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm
what?
Huh??
The thingy that says SIREN is the thingy you clicked that made the whir whir whir mechanism.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 pm After today we’ll have 9 players left. I’ll be surprised if there’s more than a single baddie left in that group. 4 of the 9 are still on their first lives, I believe. These are favorable numbers, but no guarantee of victory. We still may need to catch one more mafia, probably an Even. If the game does not end after today we’ll need to POE that last fool out of here. My leading suspect remains DDL. I can tinfoil some others though, and nothing is certain. Input from everybody would be appreciated. If you have any reason to clear or suspect anybody, please say so. We’re entering the end game phase.
DDL is very low on my suspect list. I'd rather lynch a low poster before him.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My only positive for Kyle is that while so many mafia fell off the face of the planet, he's still here having a go. I respect that. Unfortunately, that alone at this stage is not enough to buy him any further time.

If Kyle is a civilian, I need a direct, clear reason to venture after someone else. I haven't gotten that, and I'm not trying to make one up.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

I have literally nothing to add to this discussion. You all have beaten this game to death. Vote Kyle aubergine
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 pm After today we’ll have 9 players left. I’ll be surprised if there’s more than a single baddie left in that group. 4 of the 9 are still on their first lives, I believe. These are favorable numbers, but no guarantee of victory. We still may need to catch one more mafia, probably an Even. If the game does not end after today we’ll need to POE that last fool out of here. My leading suspect remains DDL. I can tinfoil some others though, and nothing is certain. Input from everybody would be appreciated. If you have any reason to clear or suspect anybody, please say so. We’re entering the end game phase.
What changed? He has been on your potential lynch list since before we merged, and I just looked through your ISO and somewhere around N15 you did a GTH read list where you called him good??

Why art thou a DDL defendor?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 pm
What changed? He has been on your potential lynch list since before we merged, and I just looked through your ISO and somewhere around N15 you did a GTH read list where you called him good??

because I think he's town are you even listening
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 pm

because I think he's town are you even listening
I’m holding up a pringles can to my ear but the fun has stopped.

I listenin, boo.

I’m asking for reasons. Unless...unless you think he is town for [reasons] in which case...you know, that’s fine too, just lemme know

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:46 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 pm hey

who wants to join my voting block?
What are you thinking?
scum killed my dad SVS so i need someone to replace her

responsibilities include being in consistent agreement on the best lynch candidate, having unwavering trust in one another and being super passive aggressive to anyone not in the circle

currently scouting sloonei for this position but...stay tuned
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:00 pm - Dies

Does this mean some baddie thinks I look like a civ?

Took 14 days but I finally accomplished it :nicenod:
This was DDL's reaction to being nightkilled. Eh. I could see this as a staged response if I stare deep into the tunnel.

The day before, when we had our stunted poll, he was one of the few people to cast an actual vote for sprityo:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:13 pm [VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine

First we all agree his activity post death dropped a lot.

Second, I'm willing to policy lynch him on that bastard role claim. If he's telling the truth we at least get rid of a role that could be bad for town, so it's a win-win situation.
I love neither of these reasons. "We all agree his activity dropped" is not a strong justification. We all agree on an observable fact, sure, but that's not something that should be alignment-indicative.
And policy lynching him for maybe holding a bastard role is also weaksauce. I get that this was a bastard poll, but that's not an invitation to cast weak votes.

His real suspect this day was colonialbob, and he continued to push cbob's lynch a little bit the following day, but that was Day 15, aka the Sloonei v. Kyle showdown. DDL parked himself comfortably in the Lynch Sloonei camp that whole day.

Other than that I don't really see any strong suspects from DDL that would merit a nightkill on those grounds. He went after sig a little bit, and cast a vote for LoRab, but she was Strex.

That this kill came on Night 14 might adds to my consideration that this was a self-kill. Day 14, the day of the stunted poll, disrupted what had been a mounting campaign to lynch one of myself, Scotty, or Kyle. It's easy to see the writing on the wall for Evens there, and if there's any last-ditch move that they could pull to score some credibility for their eventual final member, they might want to go for it. There had been a little bit of mounting paranoia about the players with both lives remaining (which would have included DDL at this time), so the sacrifice of a single life might actually stave off some scrutiny and buy him time in a backwards sort of way, to say nothing of the obvious credibility that comes with being nightkilled.
It does not appear that the discussion about this as a potential strategy had picked up before DDL's death, although this was something that we discussed early on in the Cerberus thread, so the idea was at least out there.

This theory requires me to look deep into the tunnel and do some mental gymnastics, but I don't think it's impossible. Given my perception of DDL's interactions with Kyle and vice versa, I still feel like this is an angle at least worth considering. I will continue to listen to any other arguments though. I'm far from certain about this.
I won't argue this back since this is all a bunch of speculation so my answer to it is "eh"

It makes me think you look more civ tho.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:43 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:35 amWho does your gut tell you is the killer?
Based on the treatment of the case against me, Scotty. If it's not Scotty then I think it's likely SD and maybe also you? idk.
What are your thoughts on DDL?
wasn't your case was entirely based on a potential tie to me? I actually haven't spent much time or energy paying attention to things players outside of our group of five have said or done recently. i'd have to review him. do you think his behavior regarding my lynch could be indicative or opportunism
Not necessarily, though that’s a large part of it. He does show some seemingly inconsistent behavior toward you, regardless of your alignment, He also seemed to be a passive supporter of my lynch, lending support to the paranoia of others without adding his own thoughts and such. Then there’s the matter of his Night 14 kill that intrigues me.
Eh no I'm pretty sure I made thoughts just fine. You just ignored them and and framed them as "smearing on you" or something like that.

Just because I'm not motivated to write a PhD thesis on why I'm voting doesn't mean I'm not explaining. I'm pretty sure I've justified every single vote I made this game one way or another.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The vote for Kyle above is kind of a sequel for the last Kyle vote tho.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 pm The vote for Kyle above is kind of a sequel for the last Kyle vote tho.
sequels are always worse than the original :[
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

We... have a siren button?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

OMG WE HAVE A SIREN BUTTON
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Thank Strawhenge for that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what is the purpose of the siren button
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It is to be used when a player posts something that is glaringly suspicious.

My biggest regret from Image Mafia was that I never got to use it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

This lynch feels too resigned. Not that I've done much to point it in any other direction. Still, I sense a complacency that ought not be sensed.

So thus, I throw a vote on someone I feel has been complacent during the Kyle-lynch countdown.

[VOTE: colonialbob] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I sleep.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 am This lynch feels too resigned. Not that I've done much to point it in any other direction. Still, I sense a complacency that ought not be sensed.

So thus, I throw a vote on someone I feel has been complacent during the Kyle-lynch countdown.

The only way colonialbob killed Scotty was if he could kill across tribes, and he couldn't, because he was Charlie Night 2. colonialbob was on Cerberus Night 8 when sprityo was killed. The only way colonialbob killed sprityo is if his second role could kill across tribes, and even then, it leaves Scotty's killer unaccounted for.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 am
Quin wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 am This lynch feels too resigned. Not that I've done much to point it in any other direction. Still, I sense a complacency that ought not be sensed.

The only way colonialbob killed Scotty was if he could kill across tribes, and he couldn't, because he was Charlie Night 2. colonialbob was on Cerberus Night 8 when sprityo was killed. The only way colonialbob killed sprityo is if his second role could kill across tribes, and even then, it leaves Scotty's killer unaccounted for.
Last I checked there were 2 evens unaccounted for. One original and one recruit, Or so I'm guessing. bob can be bad.

Now I really sleep.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What makes you say there's a recruit?

You can answer after you rest.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Colonialbob is among the least likely Even candidates IMO. He’s someone I’d actively campaign to save right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am Colonialbob is among the least likely Even candidates IMO. He’s someone I’d actively campaign to save right now.
Me too!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 163

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am What makes you say there's a recruit?

You can answer after you rest.
That was my exact thought when I read that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Sloonei »

I'm looking for your thoughts on me the day you voted for me, DDL. This is all I can find:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm Why did scum sloonei campaign to save scotty and push to lynch kyle for multiple phases in a row, even when kyle wasn't on the poll?
This is where "I'm not engaged" fails to engage me because you clearly are.
if i was fully engaged i'd have 500 posts right now
It's easy to say that when the thread is dead and you are the one doing the most talking in it.

What posts would you make? Endless post-by-post analysis of every post in the game? There's only so much of that one can do before they get bored or realize they could be doing somethinhg useful. Besides one could say making 500 posts in a day when everyone else makes 100 combined is counter-productive to the civilians. You drown discussion in your posts and nobody reads all of them.

Are you posting less than your usual because you are busy, or because the thread is dead so you don't need to say more to dominate it?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm Ok I'm stuggling to catch up.

I think Cbob's lynch is 9 days overdue.

I also feel bad about Sloonei a little but not enough to push a case on him. But I can vote for him maybe. If it's between him and Kyle I prefer him.

I feel slightly civ about Kyle he has said some good things and I thought his movement from inactivity to mid-activity felt genuine. I don 't wanna lynch him.

[VOTE: Cbob] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 pm Yeah screw it this won't catch on. My fault for not actually playing this game I suppose.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine then
The first one is the only thing that reasonably constitutes a substantial criticism, but you're not really commenting on me. You're discussed a hypothetical universe in which Sloonei has made 500 posts in this thread and questioning the value of the posts that would exist in that universe. You can say that you are disputing my claims about my own activity, and if we go back to Night 12 you did have this to say in response to Scotty's light tinfoiling of me:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:06 am I'm also bothered that Sloonei spent more posts explaining his low activity in this game than every other player combined.

And his activity wasn't even that bad.

One theory could be that he cares a whole lot about his image than he should, because hes bad.
My activity isn't even that bad, you say, but you acknowledge that it could be a concern about my image. But on Day 15 you seemed more inclined to reject my hyperbolic claim with a weird strawman argument.

The middle post in the above spoiler is the one that really deserves a sirengif. To paraphrase: "I feel a little bad about Sloonei but not enough to push a case on him, but maybe I can vote for him." To quote INH:

That is the weakest language for stating a suspicion I've seen in this game. Maybe it's true that you don't suspect anyone and this is just a product of your indecision. Or maybe you're fumbling over words because you have to contort yourself into voting for a player who you can't really justify voting for.

If you can explain, in some way, the thoughts that lead you to vote for me, that'd be cool. If not, then I'm still waiting for your thoughts on the remaining players and who you think we should go after if the game continues once Kyle is gone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i have one request
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

please make sure i die before and not on or after page 69, :[ that's the sex number and if i die on that page my soul will be sent to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:10 pm please make sure i die before and not on or after page 69, :[ that's the sex number and if i die on that page my soul will be sent to hell
You'll be trapped in Fire Emblem Mafia for all eternity. Forced to... I don't actually know what was going on in that game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

:(
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Looking back in the LC slip section of Pikachu more thoroughly today, and this little nugget of wisdom caught my eye from ye olde Helper of Dharma:
DH wrote:FWIW if he flips bad (or looks to have flipped bad) I wouldn't clear Dom straight away. LC and Dom are smart enough players to get that cred and run with it.

Also, if they're both bad then this ploy is too clever by half. Since the reason no one saw LC's slip before Dom pointed it out would be that we had no idea what the other tribe's name would be, and the only way to find him pointing out the name as suspect would be if you also knew the name.
followed by a healthy WIFOM from LC’s teammate:
nutella wrote:Lmao yeah not buying LC's explanation. Total bs that the hosts would do anything like that.

Also the point that Dom might have known the name as well in order to catch the slip -- yeah they could both be bad, though I think more likely on opposing teams than a ploy like DH suggests. If Dom is bad and also knew the name that's an easy way for him to get cred for getting an opposing baddie. :shrug:
And DH again:
DH wrote:I think they're on the same team rather than different teams. LC is making his lynch too easy by offering the worst possible excuse for a slip that no one should have been able to catch and Dom comes in and spots it straight out. They want LC lynched so he can buff his role up and Dom can get some cred.
We can infer that Dom is the refrigerator at this point. That deductive info has been in thread since Speedchuck was eating Chef Boyardees in diapers. It was only a matter of time before we deduced his role.

He hasn’t used it willy nilly. In many cases, his targets have been big talkers but also have been people that were on the hot seat. Being haiku’d might seem like a curse but in the broad scheme of things, it can be a huge blessing.
I remember it being used on Kyle as recently as 3 days ago when he was one of the prime suspects- we lynched Sloonei instead. In the end, was that who Dom thought was good and wanted to spare him, or was it an advantageous attempt to save his teammate?

Dom’s a smart player, and would know not to put all his eggs in one basket, so he would spread the love a bit to people that are looked at as more broadly viewed as civ as well as covering when he needed to.

I will probably delve into this further pending Kyle’s flip, because depending on if Kyle is the lynch switcher will determine why Dom chose to ignore Kyle for haiku duty yesterday.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle was not haiku'd on the day that I was lynched.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so I gotta go to work, i won't be around for the end of the phase, but I'm okay with this result. you guys will be fine. follow your hearts etc etc etc. you get it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

aaubergine [VOTE: Kyle] aubergine
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a mark for Dom is that he posted on N10, and DH was haiku’d on D11. I believe he wouldn’t have missed a kill if he sent in a night action, and it seems like he’s been on top of his night actions even if he’s not the most vocal person in late game

That’s still my biggest beef with Boomslang.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm Kyle was not haiku'd on the day that I was lynched.
:ponder: o really? I must have missed it.

I also have to go to work so I won’t be around either. Godspeed Kyle, I hope you are bad.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm Kyle was not haiku'd on the day that I was lynched.
:ponder: o really? I must have missed it.

I also have to go to work so I won’t be around either. Godspeed Kyle, I hope you are bad.
I hope you too are also bad

if not im gonna look like an idiot
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

actually yeah. hail mary time I guess [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

if nothing else this will serve as a final mark of my beliefs and convictions, lynch Scotty next.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”