Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:43 pm Scotty used to be in the habit of voting low-posters early on. I think he did this in the Game of Champions but it started so long ago that I’m not sure.

Giving new/unfamiliar players a pass on Day 1 is not uncommon among the various cultures that The Syndicate grew up from. The tenants of this community are hospitality, murder, and mayhem.
I think this comes unconsciously from my first mafia game on...uh...whatever the site that sig comes from. I was NK’d day 1 and didn’t understand why. I didn’t even know what was going on, and i’m glad I kept with mafia. It really put me off tho and I’m glad I stuck with it. Not voting for people I don’t know then on D1 is indirectly related.

What that means for MP calling me good is a whole nother thing. I’m not sure I like it.

@dunya it’s funny you’re questioning my sincerity because I was questioned by SVS about that in GOC and I was very town. I could very well be mafia here (and sorry teammates, if I am) but I still haven’t checked my role card.

I’ll check it later tonight when I get home
Why are you not checking your role card?
I just didn’t care to for Day 0 :noble:

I got no excuse for Day 1 except that I’ve been busy today. Will check it later tonight when I’m not entertaining guests
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I checked my role and worry not I am not mafis

-also am drunk

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dunya you should move your vote, it is wrong.

Thanks you for your tome

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm What kind of question is "is he usually sincere?" What does that even mean? Explain.
well, is he being sincere in his reasons to not vote for people he's never played with on day 1, giving us carte blance just cos we're new to him. or is he someone who can use fake sincerity for other motives.

players like Kenway, Glorf, and even Kites are sincere players imo. I'm asking if Scotty is similar or more deceitful in general.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm For some players, sure. Tends to be more so for LP-based players or old timers, but in my assessment it's not strikingly out of character for Scotty to say something like this if that's what you're wondering. Typically Scotty likes to vote for lower-participants or lurkers on Day 1; he usually has some sort of underlying method to his early votes.
okay.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm And I can assume that you are taking this a step forward and implying Scotty is being disingenuous? Why single him out for that, instead of someone such as yours truly who has made a few posts that could be considered overly friendly so far?
i've called you out on plenty of things already, but being overly friendly is not one of them. I didn't call Scotty overly friendly either, I'm saying his post implies an agreeable tone that people would struggle to go against.
I already stated that I thought his reason struck me as genuine, so that means I believe he's genuine.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by deceitful vs. sincere players; is that not a reflection of alignment?

You've called me out on plenty of things?

And since when is friendly different from agreeable? What part of Scotty's post was agreeable? If anything, it makes him an easy target, and you are proving my point right now. He put himself out there with an unconventional line of thinking, and then BAM you're on his case.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to say I don't understand where you're coming from at all yet, dunya, and that alarms me greatly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:39 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm Votes are changeable :kadaj:
why marmot?

i'm leaning towards a scotty vote. is he usually sincere? is not voting for people you've never played with general etiquette? i've never played with him before but letting everyone he's never played with avoid his day 1 vote seems like a good way to seem friendly and agreeable.
Okay. A few things.

What kind of question is "is he usually sincere?" What does that even mean? Explain.

For some players, sure. Tends to be more so for LP-based players or old timers, but in my assessment it's not strikingly out of character for Scotty to say something like this if that's what you're wondering. Typically Scotty likes to vote for lower-participants or lurkers on Day 1; he usually has some sort of underlying method to his early votes.

And I can assume that you are taking this a step forward and implying Scotty is being disingenuous? Why single him out for that, instead of someone such as yours truly who has made a few posts that could be considered overly friendly so far?
First MP begins to talk. Then his words become more and more sarcastic, until he dies. When he resurrects he becomes completely pedantic.

But I'm digging his line of undead pedantic sarcastic questioning, so I'll give it a town read.
What specifically do you dig about it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm I was up to date with the thread briefly and it's all downhill from here.

If I had to put money on MPs alignment, it's town. Like, literally his first post pinged people. That seems like town MP to me.
Does that say anything about the people he pinged?
Probably not, but I'll consider that response in more depth later.

MP is shady as shit when town; the question is whether any of the people who are pinged would normally see it that way.
What do you mean I'm shady when I'm town? :p
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ListenC I dunno why I’m an east target. In factC I’d look at someone like MP an easy target and those that are quick to paint him a particular color as suspect

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Not to say that I think mp looks town. I dont

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm I liked that MP kicked off the gameplay by offering a read on Scotty. Nothing had happened yet and MP breathed the first bit of life into the game.

I was less fond of his comment about sig’s post. Sig is a player who always draws suspicion, and MP was quick to put that on him here, directly or indirectly, for a post that I appreciated. There’s nothing wrong with offering perspective on a new and unfamiliar player if you’re priveleged to that information, it’s a nice thing to do.
This is a boring opinion. What else you got?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm I wonder what playing Mafia with Socrates would be like
Ugh, he’d probably just tediously ask everyone to explain their every thought.
sounds like me tbh
Domcrates
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head came in and placed an ironic joke vote on Marmot (which was funny, by the way), but then vanished without a trace. I don't like it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 pm ListenC I dunno why I’m an east target. In factC I’d look at someone like MP an easy target and those that are quick to paint him a particular color as suspect
Anyone who states any opinion on Day 0/1 makes for an easy target, especially when the majority of players have not yet stated any game-relevant opinions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You all need to get a fire up your butts. For the glory of Greece!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 pm Turnip Head came in and placed an ironic joke vote on Marmot (which was funny, by the way), but then vanished without a trace. I don't like it.
It’s very Marmot like and I dinoy like it no sam I am

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

For the moment, Scotty unfortunately remains my sole town read. He's oozing genuine vibes and I stand by my assessment that he's putting himself out there regardless of how he thinks he'll look. He's a man who doesn't give a shit. He smells town.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of dunya, Golden, speedchuck, or Turnip Head just yet.

If your name isn't in this post, it means you've done nothing of note. It's Day 1 now. Change that. Make those Persian bastards tremble. Day 1 is the best time to catch mafia. They're nervous. No mafia member wants to draw attention and be lynched Day 1. Get in here and give the thread your hot takes. :ohyeah:

:offtobed:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, before I leave, I thought I should place a vote somewhere since they are changeable.

I naturally hate making scum reads this early because I'm almost always wrong at this stage and with this little thread evidence, but at this moment I'm throwing a vote at dunya. GTH she's doing exactly what I would expect her to be doing right now if mafia, and that's trying to act as if she's town but latching onto a low-hanging fruit suspect (Scotty), and from a tone POV I'm not sure I actually believe she believes what she's saying about him.

That said, I'm not sure how much of this perspective could be a result of me failing to understand where her head is at, as well as a bit of a NO U (even though I'm not even clear if she actually suspects me at all). Further, she is actually in here giving us our takes in real time which is commendable and otherwise might earn her some points from me if I was not so confused as to her POV. Consequently, I'm reserving any actual scum read until she can come in and clarify further regarding her previous lines of questioning, but I'll at least give her a vote because if I had to guess any of the active players was scum right now, it'd be her.

Okay, now :offtobed:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 53

Post by sig »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:
what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
I'm not implying anything; I just thought it was a bit presumptuous for sig to be all like "here's some info about wolbre!" before anyone even asked. It's sig though (I love the guy but he does say things without being prompted, so it's not out of character), and I don't think there's anything meaningful there upon reflection.

So nobody here minus me have played with Wolbre, so nobody has any idea of his meta or even how he acts as a person yet its presumptuous/ping worthy that I lay out what I know about his meta? This doesn't make any sense, like of course I'm going to say things without being promoted especially when its knowledge on someone only I'd have. I've done the same thing with Glorfindel multiple times which has helped us to lynch him. It's more than just weird how you jumped at me about my read it's an early game baddie move.

The underlined portion of MP's post is also out there, it seems like disingenuous backtracking since the fish weren't biting on his read or it could be since it put him in the hot seat.

Either way as of right now MP is my biggest mafia read, so I'll be throwing down a vote there. [VOTE: MP] aubergine

I also agree the Turnip thing was a bit off, but he hasn't played mafia in a year or so correct? I expect he'd be a bit rusty and maybe not ready to just jump into a game with so many new faces. However, we should keep in mind that this is a more self preservation approach which is more common among mafia.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I also had something very profound and insightful to say, but I forgot it when I was writing my other post so oops. :shrug:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm I liked that MP kicked off the gameplay by offering a read on Scotty. Nothing had happened yet and MP breathed the first bit of life into the game.

I was less fond of his comment about sig’s post. Sig is a player who always draws suspicion, and MP was quick to put that on him here, directly or indirectly, for a post that I appreciated. There’s nothing wrong with offering perspective on a new and unfamiliar player if you’re priveleged to that information, it’s a nice thing to do.
I love this post.

Do you have any new thoughts to share about sig?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:29 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:51 pm

I love this post.

Do you have any new thoughts to share about sig?
He's a pretty swell guy and should never ever ever be lynched ever and sometimes goes by dog. :srsnod:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

No no no when you say I look good it makes me prime N1 kill material. Stop it, in the nme of the Emporer! Or I’ll sic Mulan on your ass. He’s a good soldier

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
This post also says nothing and nothing at the same time

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh god dammit we’re in Greece,not in the mothafuckin Asian archipelago why did no one tell me;

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 pm Oh god dammit we’re in Greece,not in the mothafuckin Asian archipelago why did no one tell me;
OkOk I just need to walk away. No one answer that its in the title of the post. I’m not this dumb I swear. Just carry one

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:49 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
This post also says nothing and nothing at the same time
What can I say, I'm getting ready for my future in politics. :shrug:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:52 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 pm Oh god dammit we’re in Greece,not in the mothafuckin Asian archipelago why did no one tell me;
OkOk I just need to walk away. No one answer that its in the title of the post. I’m not this dumb I swear. Just carry one
Lucky for you I have no idea what you're talking about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
I'm not implying anything; I just thought it was a bit presumptuous for sig to be all like "here's some info about wolbre!" before anyone even asked. It's sig though (I love the guy but he does say things without being prompted, so it's not out of character), and I don't think there's anything meaningful there upon reflection.

So nobody here minus me have played with Wolbre, so nobody has any idea of his meta or even how he acts as a person yet its presumptuous/ping worthy that I lay out what I know about his meta? This doesn't make any sense, like of course I'm going to say things without being promoted especially when its knowledge on someone only I'd have. I've done the same thing with Glorfindel multiple times which has helped us to lynch him. It's more than just weird how you jumped at me about my read it's an early game baddie move.

The underlined portion of MP's post is also out there, it seems like disingenuous backtracking since the fish weren't biting on his read or it could be since it put him in the hot seat.

Either way as of right now MP is my biggest mafia read, so I'll be throwing down a vote there. [VOTE: MP] aubergine

I also agree the Turnip thing was a bit off, but he hasn't played mafia in a year or so correct? I expect he'd be a bit rusty and maybe not ready to just jump into a game with so many new faces. However, we should keep in mind that this is a more self preservation approach which is more common among mafia.
What is "off" about Turnip Head? What do you think of the rest of MP's output? He's leading the thread in content right now and you seem to be voting for him based off a single sentence he wrote at the very beginning of play.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm

We're sorry, but the phrases you've used here have no discrete meaning. Please, try rephrasing your thoughts so they actually mean something.

Thank you and goodbye.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

Tell me more.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:37 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

Tell me more.
There's nothing to tell. I wanted to see where the votes currently stood in style.

Or, perhaps, the best answer is that a vote for you at this point comes with no baggage.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 am

Tell me more.
There's nothing to tell. I wanted to see where the votes currently stood in style.

Or, perhaps, the best answer is that a vote for you at this point comes with no baggage.
Do the votes tell you anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:45 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 am

Tell me more.

Do the votes tell you anything?
The one that stands out the most right now is dunya's vote for scotty - I have no history with dunya, but dunya has no history with scotty. It's possible it stands out for 'culture clash' reasons.

I disagree with sig's vote but will defend to the death his right to vote that way. Who knows how I'll feel when I actually read the thread carefully. Sig is, as we all know, the guy to take suspicion wrong on day one, so don't want to be overly fixated on it, but it's... I don't love it.

MP takes an early vote and votes for someone back, after being starved of mafia for ages? Yeah, I'm good with that. MP's the guy who opens candy at Christmas, eats it all, and can't fit in his Christmas dinner, and then wakes up sick the next morning. That's exactly what that vote is to me.

I'll forgive any yolo votes at this point so I'm fine with TH. In fact, it's his style.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden’z Sure acting like an independent. Yoloing and supporting other people yoloing. No firm stances against people, only for them.

Yikesarooni. pinged by him rn. No longer drunk. Ready for action.

Anyway, ima vote for someone I haven’t talked about yet. Epi. All he’s got right now is “If”. My response?

Then

vote Epi aubergine

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You can talk about me in italics all day but don't play the behaviour, play the person. You got a problem with me yoloing and supporting TH for yoloing? Don't just say you do - say why you do. Do you expect something different? Why? What is on the board that warrants me making a serious vote right now?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 517
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

However, they can improve the glory of their victory after that by also neutralizing the opposing civilian faction.
[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] clarification question, what is meant here by neutralize?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
So sig is confusing 'weird' for 'bad' I think - understandable when the weird is directed at him, I think.

Sig - I think you were bad with MP in the scrimmage game, right? Did you think he was 'weird' then?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 am
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
So sig is confusing 'weird' for 'bad' I think - understandable when the weird is directed at him, I think.

Sig - I think you were bad with MP in the scrimmage game, right? Did you think he was 'weird' then?
but wasn't it weird? I'm going to channel my inner Jay for a moment here and say that every post we make has a purpose, intentional or not. maybe MP didn't realize it, but even subconsciously, his pondering of sig's motive meant something. let's go back to meta and histories, sig is famously known to be easily mislynched for being shady. I learned that the hard way when I led for his mislynch in a game and everyone beat the crap put of me. I just wasn't crazy about how fast MP dropped sig like a hot potato, kind of retracting his earlier push by concluding sig is being sig.

Like I said, channeling inner Jay, everything has a purpose.. :shrug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 am The one that stands out the most right now is dunya's vote for scotty - I have no history with dunya, but dunya has no history with scotty. It's possible it stands out for 'culture clash' reasons.
I dunno. I prodded Scotty for info on his personality both from Scotty and others, and backed it up with a vote. My vote and questioning his motives and sincerity has created discussion. This is a good thing. We have 48 hours; my vote's moving all over the place before I make a more informed Day 1 decision.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:39 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm Votes are changeable :kadaj:
why marmot?

i'm leaning towards a scotty vote. is he usually sincere? is not voting for people you've never played with general etiquette? i've never played with him before but letting everyone he's never played with avoid his day 1 vote seems like a good way to seem friendly and agreeable.
Okay. A few things.

What kind of question is "is he usually sincere?" What does that even mean? Explain.

For some players, sure. Tends to be more so for LP-based players or old timers, but in my assessment it's not strikingly out of character for Scotty to say something like this if that's what you're wondering. Typically Scotty likes to vote for lower-participants or lurkers on Day 1; he usually has some sort of underlying method to his early votes.

And I can assume that you are taking this a step forward and implying Scotty is being disingenuous? Why single him out for that, instead of someone such as yours truly who has made a few posts that could be considered overly friendly so far?
First MP begins to talk. Then his words become more and more sarcastic, until he dies. When he resurrects he becomes completely pedantic.

But I'm digging his line of undead pedantic sarcastic questioning, so I'll give it a town read.
???

was MP being sarcastic with me? I just thought he was using those tags for color differences. I feel stupid now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm I was up to date with the thread briefly and it's all downhill from here.

If I had to put money on MPs alignment, it's town. Like, literally his first post pinged people. That seems like town MP to me.
Does that say anything about the people he pinged?
what does it say about us to YOU, is the question, speedchuck.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm @Golden what's ur recent history? did u play/host many games while i wasn't around
kyle is being kyle with his data gathering methods. digging this.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pm Actually, before I leave, I thought I should place a vote somewhere since they are changeable.

I naturally hate making scum reads this early because I'm almost always wrong at this stage and with this little thread evidence, but at this moment I'm throwing a vote at dunya. GTH she's doing exactly what I would expect her to be doing right now if mafia, and that's trying to act as if she's town but latching onto a low-hanging fruit suspect (Scotty), and from a tone POV I'm not sure I actually believe she believes what she's saying about him.

That said, I'm not sure how much of this perspective could be a result of me failing to understand where her head is at, as well as a bit of a NO U (even though I'm not even clear if she actually suspects me at all). Further, she is actually in here giving us our takes in real time which is commendable and otherwise might earn her some points from me if I was not so confused as to her POV. Consequently, I'm reserving any actual scum read until she can come in and clarify further regarding her previous lines of questioning, but I'll at least give her a vote because if I had to guess any of the active players was scum right now, it'd be her.

Okay, now :offtobed:
this was such a wordy justification all based around my first day 1 vote, and you're right, it is oozing NO U but I kind of expect that from you (I'm guilty of it too don't worry). I could have easily friended you when you asked me "we're just feeling each other out and seeing where our heads are at right dunya" but I didn't want you to feel comfortable with me that fast, and I don't want to feel comfortable with you so fast either. I also don't like how big an issue you're making with my valid questions and vote when you are the king of vote prodding. It's Day 1, we're casting right now and seeing what sticks; don't act like the concept is alien to you when you probably co-founded it. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 pm MP is shady as shit when town;
is he not shady as shit when he's scum?

are you saying you're finding MP shady as shit atm?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm dunya it’s funny you’re questioning my sincerity because I was questioned by SVS about that in GOC and I was very town. I could very well be mafia here (and sorry teammates, if I am) but I still haven’t checked my role card.

I’ll check it later tonight when I get home
It's not personal and I don't think you seem insincere, I just want to know the personality behind the player. I feel like I can form better reads when I have a real grasp on someone's personality in the game. There are lines certain people don't cross, and it helps to make those distinctions if they are available to make. Anyway, I appreciate your explanation behind the reason why you don't do D1 votes on newcomers and feel like it is sincere. Thank you for explaining and glad to be playing with you! I'll probably remove my vote as soon as I can find another fish to hook :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:16 am
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 pm MP is shady as shit when town;
is he not shady as shit when he's scum?
Not quite so early as that

And am I finding MP shady as shit? I probably wouldn't go quite that far... but he's jumping out of his skin to make reads that aren't there, so certainly suspectable.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 pm I already stated that I thought his reason struck me as genuine, so that means I believe he's genuine.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by deceitful vs. sincere players; is that not a reflection of alignment?
you're not understanding my question.

I don't know how to talk about this. Ok, let's use speedchuck or Epignosis or JJJ or even you as examples of players I think can play the nice card just to score points. Or do very genuine things in the game unrelated to the game, just to score points. Those players are capable of that sort of thing imo.

Players like Kenway, Glorf...etc, no. They don't go that far. Kenway has never used out of game reasoning in mafia ever. He's very noble like that and knowing his personality makes it easier to form real reads on him imo.

does that make sense?

I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of player Scotty is. Is he a good guy, is he the king of deceit, does he throw all his teammates under the bus as long as he can win, is he more laid back, does he seem like the kind of guy who really will give new players a free pass to feel welcome (rhetorical, as he already explained his reasoning behind it and I believe he is sincere)
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 pmYou've called me out on plenty of things?
yeah, whatever I found worthy of discussion, I have discussed. Just search for your name in my post history.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 pm And since when is friendly different from agreeable? What part of Scotty's post was agreeable? If anything, it makes him an easy target, and you are proving my point right now. He put himself out there with an unconventional line of thinking, and then BAM you're on his case.
friendly is buddying, appearing agreeable to fly under people's radars on day 1 because no one has something to say against you is a different thing imo although closely related. I don't think what Scotty said makes him an easy target if it falls within his personality to be kind to newcomers. I have never played with Scotty, I have never seen a bad Scotty and I have never seen a good Scotty; naturally, I will question it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”