Total votes: 16
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 499

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Golden »

Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:28 am Sloppy -> Scumtell
Random voting -> Scumtell
No to both. These are weak-ass reasons for any vote. This is basically the definition of confusing 'weird' with 'bad'. This is like a list of reasons for all the mislynches on sig, marmot and wilgy over the years.

I'm being 'sloppy' because I'm having fun, and my vote wasn't in the slightest bit random but was in fact very carefully considered. It just wasn't because I suspect sloonei.

Through it all, I challenge you to accuse me of lack of meaningful content, because I think you'll find I've already got more than most everyone else in the thread.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:28 am Sloppy -> Scumtell
Random voting -> Scumtell

Anyway, I always work the evening shift so expect low to zero participation from 14:00 to 24:00
It's possible I could scrabble some posts here and there but my participation in this game will be from low to low-average.
It's a blast we get to play again together guys. Thank you Jay.
I expect every post you make to end in a random fact about ancient Greece ok? I signed up to this game to get educated, not catch scum.

s'good to see ya around, Choutas. <3
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 am My read on MP is that his purpose was "I haven't played in mafia forever can I make a read now, yes, please, thankyou!" You should always apply the 'golden retriever' test to MP first and foremost.
what's the golden retriever test? you love anything with the word "golden" don't you? ;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 am The one that stands out the most right now is dunya's vote for scotty - I have no history with dunya, but dunya has no history with scotty. It's possible it stands out for 'culture clash' reasons.
I dunno. I prodded Scotty for info on his personality both from Scotty and others, and backed it up with a vote. My vote and questioning his motives and sincerity has created discussion. This is a good thing. We have 48 hours; my vote's moving all over the place before I make a more informed Day 1 decision.
Would you generally trust someone who assessed their own behaviour as a 'good thing'?

What is inherently better about your first vote being based on info for pressure, as opposed to yolo that creates pressure?
I didn't assess my behavior as being a good thing; I said the discussion that has revolved around it is a good thing. There's a subtle difference you should be able to catch.

who said my second vote is inherently better? who determines what is better anyway?
You didn't answer either of the questions but rather the subtext I didn't ask (notableg, given my conversation with you until this point was about words vs meaning) :p I applaud you for playing me at my own game.

I'm not asking about your second vote, just your first vote compared to mine.

Put it this way, I'm asking you for your value propositions. I'm trying to figure out what makes you tick on day one.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Choutas »

No it's a game. Mistakes are repeated, the problems the mafia faction faces are the same since time immemorial. You can not simply change a principle it would turn the game upside down.
Then we won't lynch the scum looking players but the town looking players because apparently they can replicate town behaviour perfectly and the townies have a bad history of looking mafia.
Right.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 am
    Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:06 pmThanks you for your tome
    Glad to see scotty's autocorrect is on point with the thematic jokes.
    I thought it was drunk Scotty.
    Choutas
    The Mark
    Posts in topic: 59

Post by Choutas »

Golden retrieves my vote.
    "pun intended"
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:34 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 am My read on MP is that his purpose was "I haven't played in mafia forever can I make a read now, yes, please, thankyou!" You should always apply the 'golden retriever' test to MP first and foremost.
    what's the golden retriever test? you love anything with the word "golden" don't you? ;)
    Does MP look like he's eager just to have every possible experience in the game and have a read on all players within the first ten minutes? If yes, town.

There are things with golden in that, y'know, I wouldn't know either way.

My MP town read is sincere. It's about timing. He would be shady as shit later if he was bad. The shady happened early.
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable
    Posts in topic: 620
    Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 pm Turnip Head came in and placed an ironic joke vote on Marmot (which was funny, by the way), but then vanished without a trace. I don't like it.
    Hello, Sockface :dark:
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 am No it's a game. Mistakes are repeated, the problems the mafia faction faces are the same since time immemorial. You can not simply change a principle it would turn the game upside down.
    Then we won't lynch the scum looking players but the town looking players because apparently they can replicate town behaviour perfectly and the townies have a bad history of looking mafia.
    Right.
    Good logic, but it only works if you plug the correct 'mistakes' in to it in the first place, and then actually apply them correctly. You did neither.

Random voting is not what I did, and even if it was it's not a sign of a baddie around here - it's the sign of certain people. People are way too meta to be caught by changing their behaviour on something so trivial from game to game.

As for being 'sloppy', I haven't been in the slightest. I've been casual, but don't mistake the two. You won't convince me you're righter because of a principle than I am reading someone I know extremely well.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 am Golden retrieves my vote.
    "pun intended"
    I approve this pun! :beer:
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange
    Posts in topic: 288

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm
    M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
    sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
    But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
    I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
    I agree with you.

Also hello all.
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wow mac is so yellow and bright hurts my eyes ;p
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm
    sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
    what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
    Thoughts I am having also.

(Note: I am in catchup mode)
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:25 pm
    dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm
    M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:31 am
    Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:25 am Oh and hello new faces! I would like to extend the olive branch to you at least in Day 1- I won’t be voting for you.

But if you’re a mime I’ll be all over your ass. That’s my exception.

Toodles!
    This man is town.
    why?
    I like his olive branch deal. Takes guts, seems genuine. Scotty has to know he could draw attention to himself by stating that. The last thing mafia wants to do on Day 0/1 is draw attention.
    Why are you doubling down on your read when Scotty literally told you his behaviour wasn't alignment indicative given he hadn't read his role card?

... weird.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm

what are you implying? why did you choose to call sig out on this but not Sloonei for his meta-comments on Choutas/Colin/Kites from RYM a post above yours?
    I'm not implying anything; I just thought it was a bit presumptuous for sig to be all like "here's some info about wolbre!" before anyone even asked. It's sig though (I love the guy but he does say things without being prompted, so it's not out of character), and I don't think there's anything meaningful there upon reflection.
    It was a town ping for me. I liked the post. I found it helpful and don't find it strange in the slightest.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm
    dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
    Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm Votes are changeable :kadaj:
    why marmot?

i'm leaning towards a scotty vote. is he usually sincere? is not voting for people you've never played with general etiquette? i've never played with him before but letting everyone he's never played with avoid his day 1 vote seems like a good way to seem friendly and agreeable.
    Okay. A few things.

What kind of question is "is he usually sincere?" What does that even mean? Explain.

For some players, sure. Tends to be more so for LP-based players or old timers, but in my assessment it's not strikingly out of character for Scotty to say something like this if that's what you're wondering. Typically Scotty likes to vote for lower-participants or lurkers on Day 1; he usually has some sort of underlying method to his early votes.

And I can assume that you are taking this a step forward and implying Scotty is being disingenuous? Why single him out for that, instead of someone such as yours truly who has made a few posts that could be considered overly friendly so far?
    Kudos on attempting a new posting format. Please never do it again.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm FTR, dunya, I'm just trying to get inside your brain here. I presume you're doing the same with me. I'd like to trust you, but the jury's still out for a little bit here.
    Not a fan of the bolded.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

Mac, is it possible you are accidentally catching up by reading MPs iso instead of the thread?
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm I was up to date with the thread briefly and it's all downhill from here.

If I had to put money on MPs alignment, it's town. Like, literally his first post pinged people. That seems like town MP to me.
    Interesting perspective. Do you have any tangible evidence to support your opinion?
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm

What don't you like about it ? Him calling you out ?
    Given I share his perspective I am going to assume you aren't trying and are bad.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 am
    Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm I was up to date with the thread briefly and it's all downhill from here.

If I had to put money on MPs alignment, it's town. Like, literally his first post pinged people. That seems like town MP to me.
    Interesting perspective. Do you have any tangible evidence to support your opinion?
    Just keep reading bro. See what you think of my opinion once you're up to date. I'm not sure whether you'd call it either 'tangible' or 'evidence'.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 pm Turnip Head came in and placed an ironic joke vote on Marmot (which was funny, by the way), but then vanished without a trace. I don't like it.
    At least he did something bold.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 pm For the moment, Scotty unfortunately remains my sole town read. He's oozing genuine vibes and I stand by my assessment that he's putting himself out there regardless of how he thinks he'll look. He's a man who doesn't give a shit. He smells town.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of dunya, Golden, speedchuck, or Turnip Head just yet.

If your name isn't in this post, it means you've done nothing of note. It's Day 1 now. Change that. Make those Persian bastards tremble. Day 1 is the best time to catch mafia. They're nervous. No mafia member wants to draw attention and be lynched Day 1. Get in here and give the thread your hot takes. :ohyeah:

:offtobed:
    I share a town read on Scotty but I still find it very strange that you are standing by your formed read given it came primarily before you could have feasibly read him, if he is telling the truth, which I presume you think he is given he is a town read.

I found his drunk post a town ping and disregarded anything he said before that by the way.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

I went to do a GTH and realised most of these people I know nothing about. So a quick run down of people I feel I have a sense of:

I'm liking:

MP
    Mac
    Sloonei
    Scotty
    Speedchuck

I have no read:

Sig
    Kyle

I'm wary of:

Dunya
    Nova

I'm not really liking:

Choutas
    Epignosis
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pm Actually, before I leave, I thought I should place a vote somewhere since they are changeable.

I naturally hate making scum reads this early because I'm almost always wrong at this stage and with this little thread evidence, but at this moment I'm throwing a vote at dunya. GTH she's doing exactly what I would expect her to be doing right now if mafia, and that's trying to act as if she's town but latching onto a low-hanging fruit suspect (Scotty), and from a tone POV I'm not sure I actually believe she believes what she's saying about him.

That said, I'm not sure how much of this perspective could be a result of me failing to understand where her head is at, as well as a bit of a NO U (even though I'm not even clear if she actually suspects me at all). Further, she is actually in here giving us our takes in real time which is commendable and otherwise might earn her some points from me if I was not so confused as to her POV. Consequently, I'm reserving any actual scum read until she can come in and clarify further regarding her previous lines of questioning, but I'll at least give her a vote because if I had to guess any of the active players was scum right now, it'd be her.

Okay, now :offtobed:
    I took my tin foil hat off and I heard a voice inside my head tell me that you and Dunya are scum teammates going the distance route.
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am I went to do a GTH and realised most of these people I know nothing about. So a quick run down of people I feel I have a sense of:

I'm liking:

MP
    Mac
    Sloonei
    Scotty
    Speedchuck

I have no read:

Sig
    Kyle

I'm wary of:

Dunya
    Nova

I'm not really liking:

Choutas
    Epignosis
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

I'll move this vote if...
    dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:45 am
    Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 amIf.
    If what? :scared:
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm I agree with people who say Scotty is looking good, but I could see why Dunya might think he's bad. Right now they're both leaning civ.
    Sorry, what?
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

You got a problem with that dunya? Cos I sure don't. I have got plenty of a sense of Kyle and sig, and I have them actively at 'no read'.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:30 am
    sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm
    M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm not implying anything; I just thought it was a bit presumptuous for sig to be all like "here's some info about wolbre!" before anyone even asked. It's sig though (I love the guy but he does say things without being prompted, so it's not out of character), and I don't think there's anything meaningful there upon reflection.

So nobody here minus me have played with Wolbre, so nobody has any idea of his meta or even how he acts as a person yet its presumptuous/ping worthy that I lay out what I know about his meta? This doesn't make any sense, like of course I'm going to say things without being promoted especially when its knowledge on someone only I'd have. I've done the same thing with Glorfindel multiple times which has helped us to lynch him. It's more than just weird how you jumped at me about my read it's an early game baddie move.

The underlined portion of MP's post is also out there, it seems like disingenuous backtracking since the fish weren't biting on his read or it could be since it put him in the hot seat.

Either way as of right now MP is my biggest mafia read, so I'll be throwing down a vote there. [VOTE: MP] aubergine

I also agree the Turnip thing was a bit off, but he hasn't played mafia in a year or so correct? I expect he'd be a bit rusty and maybe not ready to just jump into a game with so many new faces. However, we should keep in mind that this is a more self preservation approach which is more common among mafia.
    We're sorry, but the phrases you've used here have no discrete meaning. Please, try rephrasing your thoughts so they actually mean something.

Thank you and goodbye.
    Exellent opinion you have there. Mind if I share it?
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 am You got a problem with that dunya? Cos I sure don't. I have got plenty of a sense of Kyle and sig, and I have them actively at 'no read'.
    well yea. what sense of them do you have? how can you have a sense of someone, plenty of it, but place them at no read. :p why are you fucking with my mind?
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 am You got a problem with that dunya? Cos I sure don't. I have got plenty of a sense of Kyle and sig, and I have them actively at 'no read'.
    well yea. what sense of them do you have? how can you have a sense of someone, plenty of it, but place them at no read. :p why are you fucking with my mind?
    Well, imagine you have a rock, and you want to know what the rock is made of. If it's made of gold, the scales will go up. If it's made of lead the scales will go down. But it turns out the rock is equal parts gold and lead and the scales equally balance. What is the rock?
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

- Socrates
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable
    Posts in topic: 620
    Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am

Given I share his perspective I am going to assume you aren't trying and are bad.
    Sup Mac. I like this read on Nova, specifically the underlined feels badgery
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

I like Mac's read on Nova too, but for other reasons.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 am
    Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am
    Choutas wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
    This is sloppy. Yellow card for you another one and you get my vote.
    Please, let me know what I need to do to get another yellow card.

But they're actually basically golden cards anyway.
    Downplaying somebody's post.
    Boom! I win!

I have a long history of taking votes on day one when town. You're finding out why right now. My day one record when not town is substantially cleaner.

Oops, there I go talking about my own meta. I ping myself! :suspish:

In all seriousness though, why are you voting on such basic grounds? Don't you think it would be incredibly easy for me to have played a much cleaner game to date? My behaviour so far has been virtually asking for votes. Kyle even independent read me. Don't I strike you as an 'easy vote' right now?
    You are a good player and I feel like you are playing with this post.

I mean that in a bad way.
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:34 am I'm not asking about your second vote, just your first vote compared to mine.

Put it this way, I'm asking you for your value propositions. I'm trying to figure out what makes you tick on day one.
    why is my first vote being compared to yours? who is making that comparison? did I ever say my vote was better than yours? idc about your Sloonei vote. It's a 48 hour day 1, and votes are changeable. I'm more wary of people who park on one person with conviction and keep their asses there.

tick in what way? how I operate on Day 1? I am a firm believer that the Day 1 lynch is important and town absolutely can catch scum on it. I played a game with Kylemii on another forum that was a 3day Day 1 only and 4 townies had to catch 1 of 2 scum. We did it. I don't vote for inactives or low posters on day 1; I don't commit myself to one person on day 1 either. There's 4 scum, spreading yourself out and trying out various options makes it more likely to net one or at least makes it more likely for you to vote for someone with some reasoning instead of "ahhh too bad he was town but it's day 1 so we couldn't expect to do better". fuck that. Every lynch is valuable and my vote goes towards someone I think with some level of confidence could be bad.

people whose day 1 methods I like: JJJ, MacDougall, Sloonei, MP.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 am There now appear to be many game-relevant posts on day one. I blame MP, but I'm voting sloonei for now because yolo

Boom! I win!

I have a long history of taking votes on day one when town. You're finding out why right now. My day one record when not town is substantially cleaner.

In all seriousness though, why are you voting on such basic grounds? Don't you think it would be incredibly easy for me to have played a much cleaner game to date? My behaviour so far has been virtually asking for votes. Kyle even independent read me. Don't I strike you as an 'easy vote' right now?

Well of course I think it's blatantly obvious I'm playing with quite a few of my posts.

If you think that's a bad look on me... well, will you ever learn? We've been here before. It's quite literally never a bad look on me.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 am
    Does MP look like he's eager just to have every possible experience in the game and have a read on all players within the first ten minutes? If yes, town.

My MP town read is sincere. It's about timing. He would be shady as shit later if he was bad. The shady happened early.
    Aight I was torn on you until this post.

The first sentence is far too absolute. To make such a basic but strong statement about the meta of a player as fluid (and frankly someone who has barely played in ages) is not what I expect from someone as analytically strong as you.

The bolded is the kicker. Qualifying this particular read as sincere is at worst indie indicative because it informs us that you have the capacity in your current mindset to have INSINCERE reads. How could that be the case? To be force to promote your own read as sincere, without strictly replying to a direct objection but instead having it as a qualifying comment to reinforce the rest of your post. I do not like. Not one bit.
    Kites
    The Mark
    Posts in topic: 6

Post by Kites »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 am
    Kites wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 pm hey there :grin:
    Kites!

are you town?

name 1 other person you wont be voting for today. name 1 person you might vote for today.
    hi there miss. I am a greek A lright
    im not gonna vote myself and i might vote you :nicenod:
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 am people whose day 1 methods I like: JJJ, MacDougall, Sloonei, MP.
    I could easily replace this with 'people whose day 1 methods you replicate' so that's not at all surprising. :p

I remember a game in which people attacked sloonei for his questions ringing hollow on day one and I defended him to the death for his methods. Because he came back bad, I was lynched right after him. This was Watchmen.

I believe firmly in being able to catch a day one scum too. I like lots of questions being asked, I think it helps. But I also think the nature of the questions matter. I think there needs to be an intent or purpose behind each question. Something you want to learn. Do you agree with that?
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 am I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
    Sig's post is full of opinions qualified by wishy washy nothing comments and consistently crafted to remain relatively non committal.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am

Sup Mac. I like this read on Nova, specifically the underlined feels badgery
    Hello Head of Root Vegetable Used in Soups Primarily. How are you?
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

The first sentence is far too absolute. To make such a basic but strong statement about the meta of a player as fluid (and frankly someone who has barely played in ages) is not what I expect from someone as analytically strong as you.

The bolded is the kicker. Qualifying this particular read as sincere is at worst indie indicative because it informs us that you have the capacity in your current mindset to have INSINCERE reads. How could that be the case? To be force to promote your own read as sincere, without strictly replying to a direct objection but instead having it as a qualifying comment to reinforce the rest of your post. I do not like. Not one bit.
    My vote for sloonei was entirely insincere. If you expect everything I do as a townie to be sincere you will be disappointed.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:26 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 am

Boom! I win!

Well of course I think it's blatantly obvious I'm playing with quite a few of my posts.

If you think that's a bad look on me... well, will you ever learn? We've been here before. It's quite literally never a bad look on me.
    So you think you know what I meant by that cryptic read? Interesting. Nervous. Defensive. False bravado.
    Golden
    The Coward

Post by Golden »

I want to ask you a question Mac.

You have read me as very bad on day one many times together. Have you even once ever been right? I'm getting Star Wars mark 2 vibes from you already, and I'm trying to stare you dead in the eyes right now and tell you - you'd be unwise to go down that route.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

My vote for sloonei was entirely insincere. If you expect everything I do as a townie to be sincere you will be disappointed.
    I did not say that you (or anyone) is incapable of insincere activity. The fact that it is a read, and in the context it is in, makes your defense here extremely cynical.
    MacDougall
    Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am I want to ask you a question Mac.

You have read me as very bad on day one many times together. Have you even once ever been right? I'm getting Star Wars mark 2 vibes from you already, and I'm trying to stare you dead in the eyes right now and tell you - you'd be unwise to go down that route.
    I don't care about a game that occurred two years ago and I don't care for your discrediting my points by raising it. It's irrelevant. I am reading your posts on their current merit, in context in this game. I have no meta on you or memory of you at all aside from recalling you as a good player.

Return to “Previous Jobs”