stopping @ post 256, will catch up later
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm @Golden what's ur recent history? did u play/host many games while i wasn't around
kyle is being kyle with his data gathering methods. digging this.
Are players not who they are when they're bad, then?
I already explained this to MP. It was tongue in cheek because Kyle is notorious for these kinds of posts.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:16 pm OK you fence sitters- I'ma make a bold statement that I think sig is TOWN.

Tell me why I'm wrong without using previous metas.
I'm going to have to use previous experience alone to comment on this, but in the games where sig has been scum that I've participated in, he's hyper aggressive in my view at least. Here he hasn't really been aggro towards anyone. His town meta from a game I hosted is comparable to this, although a good number of his posts have been fluffy (but many of us are the same)
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:31 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 am I think talking heads was another Mac and I think there’s a third. But I remember some games well and others not so much.
    Bro, I was scum in Talking Heads. Try again. If you're going to try to discredit my points because you feel there is a pattern to me incorrectly scum reading you as town so far you've only pointed at a game I was scum and a game you were indie.
    Ha, well I didn’t remember that bit.

Look, if you can name a time you’ve ever read me as bad and been right I’ll hand it to you. I don’t believe it exists. This is the reason I’m saying throw out your tellson me - but again you can only do what you’re comfortable doing.
    No man. That's not how this works. I made accusations of you and you tried to discredit me by claiming I misread you all the time. You have failed to show evidence of that. Evidence of me previously reading you well is not required here as I have a good amount of your own posts right here that speak for themselves so I don't need to point at any mystical ability to read you. This is not me making random gut reads on people and pointing at mystic Mac powers. This is you making posts, me finding them suspect, and me finding your reactions as supporting my perspective.

I wouldn't ask of anyone to show evidence that they've caught you before to prove that they make good cases on you. Besides, and I will say it again, even if you HAVE evidence that I read you poorly consistently:

a) It's outdated, it's old
    b) I put it to you, that the vast majority of anybody's reads are wrong
    c) It's such a small sample size that the two immediate games that sprung to your mind, you were indie in one and I was scum in the other

Moving on. I've made my points. I hope people read them and comment. It would be a shame if they were skimmed.
    You don’t get it. I’m not defending myself. I’m trying to help you read me better.

Anyone who knows me well will probably be reading me as hard town by now. This playstyle does not exist on my baddie spectrum at all.

You can choose to do with it what you will but... if you don’t listen this time, please don’t forget. Remember next time.
    If only this game were so easy.

The objective of good scum play is to play like you do when town Golden. These types of comments just do not appeal to me.
    Agreed, actually. Whenever someone uses meta as a hard defense and reasoning for their actions, my hackles get horny
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
    not screaming like the people in his car
    Spoiler: show
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    dunya
    GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:30 am
    Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am Despite me also sharing suspicion of her I wouldn't want to lynch Dunya this early unless the case was very good and we were devoid of better options because of the obvious 'she is a big town loss if mislynched'. Particularly in a game with this cast.

She has a lot of content to produce town or mafia. She won't get any harder to lynch unless she wins cred by helping us lynch her teammates. I say she is worthy of giving the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Last time she rolled scum she replaced out too. She doesn't worry me too badly as Mafia but losing her town skill does worry me. Her town skill is not a myth. It is legitimate and worthy of consideration.
    Noted, but that's kind of a dangerous reason to keep a suspect alive.
    Eh I don't think so. Not day 1. Last scum game she played she went ham at several teammates out of the gate. As scum she is forced to distance to live up to her town meta.
    tbf, that's not my usual scum game so don't write it down as dunya scum-meta. We decided to do that for fun really. All of us. It wasn't just me going ham at them, we all went ham at each other. :nicenod:
    Turnip Head
    Root Vegetable
    Posts in topic: 620
    Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:16 pm OK you fence sitters- I'ma make a bold statement that I think sig is TOWN.

Painting a player town is hardly bold.
    JaggedJimmyJay
    The Brassiere of The Syndicate
    Posts in topic: 128
    Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
    Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 pm
    JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am
    Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:43 am
    However, they can improve the glory of their victory after that by also neutralizing the opposing civilian faction.
    @JaggedJimmyJay clarification question, what is meant here by neutralize?
    Defeat.
    that's not what i asked :/

in the context of this game does neutralize mean get rid of all of? in order to achieve the secret special bonus victory does that require 100% death of the alternative town faction or does it just require a numerical majority.
    :shrug:
    Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
    Best Scum, Maffies 3
    Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
    Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
    Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
    Spirit Award, Maffies 9
    Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
    Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
    Scotty
    Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 am
    MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am
    Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:31 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 am I think talking heads was another Mac and I think there’s a third. But I remember some games well and others not so much.
      Bro, I was scum in Talking Heads. Try again. If you're going to try to discredit my points because you feel there is a pattern to me incorrectly scum reading you as town so far you've only pointed at a game I was scum and a game you were indie.
      Ha, well I didn’t remember that bit.

Look, if you can name a time you’ve ever read me as bad and been right I’ll hand it to you. I don’t believe it exists. This is the reason I’m saying throw out your tellson me - but again you can only do what you’re comfortable doing.
      No man. That's not how this works. I made accusations of you and you tried to discredit me by claiming I misread you all the time. You have failed to show evidence of that. Evidence of me previously reading you well is not required here as I have a good amount of your own posts right here that speak for themselves so I don't need to point at any mystical ability to read you. This is not me making random gut reads on people and pointing at mystic Mac powers. This is you making posts, me finding them suspect, and me finding your reactions as supporting my perspective.

I wouldn't ask of anyone to show evidence that they've caught you before to prove that they make good cases on you. Besides, and I will say it again, even if you HAVE evidence that I read you poorly consistently:

a) It's outdated, it's old
      b) I put it to you, that the vast majority of anybody's reads are wrong
      c) It's such a small sample size that the two immediate games that sprung to your mind, you were indie in one and I was scum in the other

Moving on. I've made my points. I hope people read them and comment. It would be a shame if they were skimmed.
      You don’t get it. I’m not defending myself. I’m trying to help you read me better.

Anyone who knows me well will probably be reading me as hard town by now. This playstyle does not exist on my baddie spectrum at all.

You can choose to do with it what you will but... if you don’t listen this time, please don’t forget. Remember next time.
      If only this game were so easy.

The objective of good scum play is to play like you do when town Golden. These types of comments just do not appeal to me.
      The objective of my civ game is to maintain multiple cub metas so that when I want to I can be easily identified as civ because, for example, I’m very busy in real life, but without compromising on my ability to win as scum because it looks like my cleaner, more cautious civ meta.

Messy golden is always civ golden. Book it.
      But you just made that post a few pages ago breaking down that what other people view as "messy" is actually just 'fun' and simultenously carefully thought-out.

:eye:

Dom
      mayor of gaytown
      Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am Dunno about Dunia's point. I thought it was pretty obvious what Dom was getting at. Really weak from Master Town Dunya tbh.
      obvious that it was snarky, because I understood sig's post. I'm not saying it wasn't wordy or could have used some tightening up here and there, but we're not all wizards with our words.
      Oh really?

What did sig mean?
      Do tell.
      sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am Here's a quick little list I've put together, most of my reads are shaky and I've got alot of Nulls, but for day 1 I'm feeling pretty good about my thoughts.

Civ Reads: I wouldn't lynch anyone here, but I'm not super sure of their alignment.
      lapluie: She hasn't thrown out much content yet, but that's her meta so I'm not concerned. Gut civ read

Civ Leans: This is basically a foundation of a read, so slightly above a Null read.

Choutas: I liked his first few posts, but I don't have a meta for Choutas and he hasn't done enough to get a civ read. Civ lean
      Sloonei: I'm liking his content so far. Civ lean
      dunya: She hasn't been as active as she was in FE/MK, but that's NAI. I like her tone and content so far even though I think she's wrong on Scotty. : Civ lean.
      Kites: I'm not good with reading Kites, but they seem to be playing the same as they did in FE. So slight civ lean
      Golden: He's active and providing content and I'm not really seeing the criticism of his posts. Civ lean
      MacDougall: Civ lean like his posts and content seems very Maclike
      Scotty: I've already talked about Scotty, I'd put him down as a civ lean.

Null: No real read on them.

novaselinenever: Null read, but playing within their civ meta, which is a slight bump
      Kylemii: Null, can't recall any of his posts.
      wolbre04: Annoying GIFS are annoying, but one of them was of daddy trump so I'm conflicted. :p Null read
      Long Con: Null, he's posted a few times, but haven't said anything that sticks out without me doing an ISO.
      Lunalee: Null
      Marmot: Null
      ColinIsCool: Null
      Epignosis: Seems very inactive for Epi, but it's day 1 and he's a real adult who does adulting things so I'm not to concerned. Null
      Jackofhearts2005: No posts yet so super Null
      Spacedaisy: Null

Mafia Lean

Dom: Hasn't posted much yet, but his current posts are gut reading bad to me: Mafia lean
      speedchuck: I like that he's done a rainbow list, but my gut is pinged by him. Mafia lean
      Turnip Head: His posts are weird and he hasn't given much content yet. Mafia lean.
      M Plus 7: I've already explained this in game. However, I do agree he's posting alot so that's usually a civ indicator, but I've seen MP be the top poster as mafia. Mafia Lean
      Still no clarification on the post I brought up, but puts me and mac in different categories. :rolleyes:
      Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm
      Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm
      ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 pm I should let you all know that I just started a new job so I have less time overall right now, and if it seems like I'm lurking, I more than likely just haven't seen the thread yet.
      I'm gonna [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine because he dropped this post and then left. The thread wasn't bustling with activity at the time, but there was enough going on that he could have offered a comment or two on something. I want Colin to say things when he has a chance.

I woke up to ~300 new posts and I have some grown up things to take care of before I go to work today. I sense that I'll be playing from behind early in this game.
      But like... your second paragraph is basically the same as Colin's post
      lol
      ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
      Scotty
      Jeff

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:47 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 am

Does MP look like he's eager just to have every possible experience in the game and have a read on all players within the first ten minutes? If yes, town.

There are things with golden in that, y'know, I wouldn't know either way.

My MP town read is sincere. It's about timing. He would be shady as shit later if he was bad. The shady happened early.
      Aight I was torn on you until this post.

The first sentence is far too absolute. To make such a basic but strong statement about the meta of a player as fluid (and frankly someone who has barely played in ages) is not what I expect from someone as analytically strong as you.

The bolded is the kicker. Qualifying this particular read as sincere is at worst indie indicative because it informs us that you have the capacity in your current mindset to have INSINCERE reads. How could that be the case? To be force to promote your own read as sincere, without strictly replying to a direct objection but instead having it as a qualifying comment to reinforce the rest of your post. I do not like. Not one bit.
      My vote for sloonei was entirely insincere. If you expect everything I do as a townie to be sincere you will be disappointed.
      I did not say that you (or anyone) is incapable of insincere activity. The fact that it is a read, and in the context it is in, makes your defense here extremely cynical.
      I've made many insincere reads as a townie as well. You want an example? Look at the endgame of Currents Mafia, where I did not once read Jay as bad until I tried to CFD him, because I didn't want him to nightkill me and I was trying to time things right.

I have absolutely zero issue being insincere as a townie, reads, activity, anything.
      You are saying that you withheld from expressing your active scum read on him until the lategame thus had been having insincere reads on him in the lead up? Okay thank you.

I don't think it's an apt comparison. Your play history is vast, and the particular reference you've made is tactical in the context of that game and in this particular context the comment was strange to me and I am suspicious of you because of it and other things. It was unprovoked, it was in the early game. It has a lot of context that your example doesn't.

I am rather intrigued by your style of defense. It's unique. Hard to describe. I must dwell.
      His defense posts are what smell like town Golden to me. They've got that super vindictive Golden is a town lawyer arguing his case in front of all of town feel to them. When Golden is bad and he's making a case or defending, he's more measured, like an incredibly rational evil lawyer that constantly makes sense. When he's town, he just passionately spews. The latter is what I'm seeing here.
      But this is faulty reasoning. He just garbled his reliance on setting a baseline for civ metas to copy in the future when he's bad. Which would essentiually throw out all meta defense, in the now and future!
      :mad:

dunya
      GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am What does "NAI" mean?
      non alignment indicative
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If one of MP and Golden is bad, I don't think the other is. MP's buddying has appeared organic.

They could very well both be town and I'm just choochooing.

Want to see more of Golden adding to his reads and not having to defend himself with what I believe is 'liquid logic'

dunya
      GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 pm
      dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 pm fucking hell, 17 notifications and like 5 pages since i was here. you're all monsters.
      Says the person who had 700+ posts in only two phases :p
      I am also a monster. :blush:
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am
      MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am Despite me also sharing suspicion of her I wouldn't want to lynch Dunya this early unless the case was very good and we were devoid of better options because of the obvious 'she is a big town loss if mislynched'. Particularly in a game with this cast.

She has a lot of content to produce town or mafia. She won't get any harder to lynch unless she wins cred by helping us lynch her teammates. I say she is worthy of giving the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Last time she rolled scum she replaced out too. She doesn't worry me too badly as Mafia but losing her town skill does worry me. Her town skill is not a myth. It is legitimate and worthy of consideration.
      Noted, but that's kind of a dangerous reason to keep a suspect alive.
      I see it as giving them a leash. I'm willing to give Golden a leash if he's contributing to discussion and hunting, for example.

Kylemii
      Bodice of Reason
      Posts in topic: 517
      Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 pm
      However, they can improve the glory of their victory after that by also neutralizing the opposing civilian faction.
      Defeat.

in the context of this game does neutralize mean get rid of all of? in order to achieve the secret special bonus victory does that require 100% death of the alternative town faction or does it just require a numerical majority.
      >:[
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am
      wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 am I feel like such a moron. I've been perched waiting for the game to start and didn't even realize it did :rip:
      Don't feel too bad. That's exactly where I have been as well until an hour ago. :blush: :beer:
      Hey Long Con!

Any ideas on the name of the Persian tribe?

Dom
      mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:49 pm
      Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am
      wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 am I feel like such a moron. I've been perched waiting for the game to start and didn't even realize it did :rip:
      Don't feel too bad. That's exactly where I have been as well until an hour ago. :blush: :beer:
      Hey Long Con!

Any ideas on the name of the Persian tribe?
      :haha:

ur welcome everybody
      ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:31 am
      M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 am
      GTH/POE Day 1 MP Rainbow:

Strong town:
      Golden

Moderate town:
      Macdougall
      Scotty

Slight town:
      Choutas
      sig
      Sloonei
      Speedchuck

No clue:
      ColinIsCool
      Dom
      Epignosis
      Jackofhearts2005
      Kites
      Kylemii
      lapluie
      Long Con
      Lunalee
      Marmot
      Spacedaisy
      Turnip Head
      wolbre04

Not quite a mafia read but I'm wary of:
      dunya
      novaselinenever

If you are in the No clue section, help me and the rest of us out here ASAP! Please and thanks. It should be somewhat easier today since I'll be gone for a while. :p

Though I guess if I'm trying to GTH myself as much as possible, based entirely on tone, I guess I could move my reads of Kites, Turnip Head, and wolbre04 to the slight town section. I want to see more from them though and I don't feel comfortable committing to those because they're based on so little.

Alright, fuck with those Persians while I'm gone. I want to see scared Persians when I get back. :ohyeah:
      It looks like alliance claiming is a tricky thing in this game. But I'll do my best to help you out!
      Someone's following along the thread and has only commented when called upon. Not a good look :beer:

Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 am Can you explain your Epi vote? @Golden @Scotty
      If

sig
      bolt sbit mpo
      Posts in topic: 53

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm
      Defeat.

I'd guess whichever team has the most living players by the end of the game is the super winner. That's how all games with two civ factions have worked to my knowledge.
      ImageImage
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Placeholder until I get around to reading any of his posts.
      Didn't vote self.

This guy Athenians

sig
      bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 amIf.
      :confused2:

Not really lynch worthy though is it?
      ImageImage
      dunya
      GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:36 pm Oh really?

What did sig mean?
      Do tell.
      k, i'll bite.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm So nobody here minus me have played with Wolbre, so nobody has any idea of his meta or even how he acts as a person yet its presumptuous/ping worthy that I lay out what I know about his meta? This doesn't make any sense, like of course I'm going to say things without being promoted especially when its knowledge on someone only I'd have. I've done the same thing with Glorfindel multiple times which has helped us to lynch him. It's more than just weird how you jumped at me about my read it's an early game baddie move.
      he finds it strange and pinge-worthy how MP "jumped" at him (accused him) about his voluntarily offered info of wolbre's mafia history.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm The underlined portion of MP's post is also out there, it seems like disingenuous backtracking since the fish weren't biting on his read or it could be since it put him in the hot seat.
      the underlined portion of the post is also pinge-worthy to sig because he feels it was insincere.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pmI also agree the Turnip thing was a bit off, but he hasn't played mafia in a year or so correct? I expect he'd be a bit rusty and maybe not ready to just jump into a game with so many new faces. However, we should keep in mind that this is a more self preservation approach which is more common among mafia.
      something about Turnip Head's contributions thus far has pinged him slightly.

I mean, I'm no native, but I get the gist of what he's saying (please correct me if I misunderstood anything, sig). You're acting all snarky about language, but everyone expresses themselves differently. :nicenod:
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 pm I should let you all know that I just started a new job so I have less time overall right now, and if it seems like I'm lurking, I more than likely just haven't seen the thread yet.
      I'm gonna [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine because he dropped this post and then left. The thread wasn't bustling with activity at the time, but there was enough going on that he could have offered a comment or two on something. I want Colin to say things when he has a chance.

I woke up to ~300 new posts and I have some grown up things to take care of before I go to work today. I sense that I'll be playing from behind early in this game.

speedchuck
      Knight of No Renown
      Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:56 pm
      Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 amIf.
      :confused2:

Not really lynch worthy though is it?
      I concur.

Epi lays low as scum, sure, but he's useful as town. Game has actually been going for less than 24 hours, finals for schoolteachers are approaching, etc. Epi hasn't been super active this weekend either, and has had company if I remember right.

I'm not going to lay a lazy vote on Epi for activity, and I caution against wasting your time with it today.
      SIGNATURE:
      Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
      ImageImageImageImage
      ImageImageImageImage
      ImageImage
      dunya
      GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

every game Dom has been in with me, he ended up being inactive so this is actually the first time I get to play with him and I'm not at all familiar with his meta. from what I have heard, this seems to be Dom being Dom.
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Yes. But I am voting for him because he did not offer any thoughts.
      Also show me where in the handbook it says a townie can't be a big fat hypocrite.
      I don't remember you being an obese hypocrite in GoC. I remember you throwing stuff out there in that one, but I'm having trouble remembering your presence here. A lot of that is overshadowed by the heavy rain of posts in the past 12 hours, but even still, you do seem a little more reserved, your time constraint notwithstanding.

Dom
      mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm
      Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:36 pm Oh really?

What did sig mean?
      Do tell.
      k, i'll bite.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm So nobody here minus me have played with Wolbre, so nobody has any idea of his meta or even how he acts as a person yet its presumptuous/ping worthy that I lay out what I know about his meta? This doesn't make any sense, like of course I'm going to say things without being promoted especially when its knowledge on someone only I'd have. I've done the same thing with Glorfindel multiple times which has helped us to lynch him. It's more than just weird how you jumped at me about my read it's an early game baddie move.
      he finds it strange and pinge-worthy how MP "jumped" at him (accused him) about his voluntarily offered info of wolbre's mafia history.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm The underlined portion of MP's post is also out there, it seems like disingenuous backtracking since the fish weren't biting on his read or it could be since it put him in the hot seat.
      the underlined portion of the post is also pinge-worthy to sig because he feels it was insincere.
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pmI also agree the Turnip thing was a bit off, but he hasn't played mafia in a year or so correct? I expect he'd be a bit rusty and maybe not ready to just jump into a game with so many new faces. However, we should keep in mind that this is a more self preservation approach which is more common among mafia.
      something about Turnip Head's contributions thus far has pinged him slightly.

I mean, I'm no native, but I get the gist of what he's saying (please correct me if I misunderstood anything, sig). You're acting all snarky about language, but everyone expresses themselves differently. :nicenod:
      No, I'm not acting all snarky about language.
      I want to know what someone means when they say it so they can't back out of it later.
      dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm every game Dom has been in with me, he ended up being inactive so this is actually the first time I get to play with him and I'm not at all familiar with his meta. from what I have heard, this seems to be Dom being Dom.
      I feel like you may have played with jska?
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 pm
      sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:06 pm
      Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:03 pm
      wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:49 am
      Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:30 am Welcome wolbre, nice to meet you.
      Thank you <3
      dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 am @wolbre04, I look forward to seeing your reads!

also, do you think sig represented you accurately in the blurb below?
      sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
      Yeah that's pretty accurate. My first game of mafia ever on a forum was about five months ago, so I'm still learning steadily. I have never gotten mafia before but I won my second game ever as Serial Killer. I don't know if I can make a joke about the last sentence as it might be against the rules and I don't want to get killed immediately haha. But I don't really have a meta because I'm all over the place
      So you're indie. Got it
      Nice catch, but I wouldn't say it confirms anything at all.
      Wishful thinking on your part lmao
      To be honest I seriously wasn't sure if I could say "He'll yeah, I'm always indie of course" because it's essentially a softclaim, and a fake one at that. I'm not a wolf I swear

Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 pm
      M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am I was starting to feel a bit better about dunya, but as I continued to catch up, I realized that her question to content ratio is pretty lacking. Like, how does she even feel about anyone other than Scotty or Dom right now? And both of those seemed a bit forced to me.
      sorry, I haven't really had time beyond addressing points directed towards me. This is a huge game and like I said, I'm travelling tomorrow till the 4th of May and today has been busy at work and getting ready for that trip. I haven't even finished catching up the last 5 pages yet (but close), but I have promised a rainbow list after I'm done.
      what was your compromise? Do you think you'll be phone posting like some of us peons?

Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      Posts in topic: 548
      Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:42 am Am I missing a running timer?

Also, I usually will post a little list with alignments/flips/deaths at the end of each phase if that's allowed here. It helps me gamesolve a bit and also is useful to others (I use these on my home forum when I host)
      This is a sample one from A Super Smash Bros game I hosted :)
      Tell Roman his evil champion partner says hello.

also there's no running timer, but the deadline for each phase is posted at the top of the poll.

a list like this one should be perfectly legal, though it's not always a guarantee that every role gets revealed on the syndicate.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
      ImageImageImageImage
      ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
      Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm going to have to use previous experience alone to comment on this, but in the games where sig has been scum that I've participated in, he's hyper aggressive in my view at least. Here he hasn't really been aggro towards anyone. His town meta from a game I hosted is comparable to this, although a good number of his posts have been fluffy (but many of us are the same)

Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Painting a player town is hardly bold.
      Painting sig as town is.

Am I wrong?

Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm
      Defeat.

Kyle, how will this help you? Why are you giving mr potato head eyes to the host

Scotty
      Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Currently leaning to vote jackofhearts unless he checks in before the deadline.

Just like Day 1 of GoC :grin:

Dom
      mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What do you guys think of Mac boasting about his pingometer only to not update it through pages of the thread?
      dunya
      GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:04 pm
      dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 pm
      M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am I was starting to feel a bit better about dunya, but as I continued to catch up, I realized that her question to content ratio is pretty lacking. Like, how does she even feel about anyone other than Scotty or Dom right now? And both of those seemed a bit forced to me.
      sorry, I haven't really had time beyond addressing points directed towards me. This is a huge game and like I said, I'm travelling tomorrow till the 4th of May and today has been busy at work and getting ready for that trip. I haven't even finished catching up the last 5 pages yet (but close), but I have promised a rainbow list after I'm done.
      what was your compromise? Do you think you'll be phone posting like some of us peons?
      I am going for work too, so I'll have my laptop in the evenings. I'll check in daily, but I don't know how quickly I can read and reply, so don't expect huge contributions, but I promise I'll do what I can.
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 am
      M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pmfrom a tone POV I'm not sure I actually believe she believes what she's saying about him.
      MP said this about dunya and I find this interesting since it is virtually identical to the objection I just felt in my conversation with dunya.

So, the question is... to those that know dunya, is this our lack of knowledge of her? Dunya's questions *feel* hollow to me, is this me trying to project dunya onto sloonei or something?

Sloonei, actually, it's possible you are best placed to answer this. Interested in Choutas' view too.
      I'm not sure I understand the question, but dunya is usually a very sincere player. Her early game is pretty similar to my own and Jay's, for a a couple of examples, and she's a player that becomes easier to read one way or the other as the game goes on.

She can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe English is not her first language (though she is certainly fluent) and I've seen this lead to in-game miscommunications more than once.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm What do you guys think of Mac boasting about his pingometer only to not update it through pages of the thread?
      Nothing. A quick glance at Mac's ISO suggests he's being loud and the PINGOMETER was a way for him to categorize and present his reads and get reactions. I don't care if he returns to it.
      What do you think of Mac so far?
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

I thought I'd be able to catch up but I have 5 pages to read and a half hour, so forget that stuff. Why is Epi the only person with multiple votes? That's dumb at face value.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Is this sirengif for me or for turnip head?
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm every game Dom has been in with me, he ended up being inactive so this is actually the first time I get to play with him and I'm not at all familiar with his meta. from what I have heard, this seems to be Dom being Dom.
      But your vote is currently on him.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Dom
      mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm
      Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm What do you guys think of Mac boasting about his pingometer only to not update it through pages of the thread?
      Nothing. A quick glance at Mac's ISO suggests he's being loud and the PINGOMETER was a way for him to categorize and present his reads and get reactions. I don't care if he returns to it.
      I'd lean civ. I just found it slightly suspicious that Mac presented it twice with no updates inbetween. Almost like a show of force parade where all the missiles are fake.
      Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:28 pm
      But your vote is currently on him.
      Weird how I was inactive and people discussed my meta.
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm
      sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am wolbre04 When you get the chance what do you think of the Golden, MP, Mac, and Dunya?
      D1 is purely conjecture on my part until someone does something overly messy to me, but Golden and Mac seem to be interested in leading the pack and being outspoken
      This is fine of course, but the later the game goes, the more I consider whether they are just leading us right into the fire
      Dunya was really helpful, but basically a neutral leaning town
      MP seems towny-ish, his interactions have been generally NAI with others with an exception or two

For the most part the thread is a half dozen people talking and the others might not be here when the phase ends.
      Also, I feel like if anyone wants to ask me a question they can because I want to clear myself as town right off the bat :mafia:
      wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:32 pm

I like these two posts from wolbre at face value. He's a relatively new player in a foreign land, but he's managing to produce reads on a busy Day 1. That in itself is a good look, to say nothing of the actual content of these reads.

I'm a little concerned about sig's salad list of players in that first post though. [mention]sig[/mention] why did you prod wolbre for reads on those specific players?
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm
      Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm
      I'd lean civ. I just found it slightly suspicious that Mac presented it twice with no updates inbetween. Almost like a show of force parade where all the missiles are fake.
      I forget the specifics, but Mac did something very similar to this in a game when he was town. Presented some goofy scumhunting tool early on, then completely abandoned it because he got bored. Mac does what Mac wants to do.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:10 pm Currently leaning to vote jackofhearts unless he checks in before the deadline.

Just like Day 1 of GoC :grin:
      I thought this beach looked familiar... Shit.
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] votes for speedchuck. Turnip Head has not said a word about speedchuck. Turnip Head, do you have anything to say about speedchuck?
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      Turnip Head
      Root Vegetable
      Posts in topic: 620
      Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Not really, I was waiting for someone to notice.
      Sloonei
      Cap'n Sloonbeard
      It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pmWhatdd up
      I dunno lapluie, you tell me! How's life in Ancient Greece?
      My banners:
      ImageImageImageImage
      sig
      bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I don't like this question, like he's active in other ways and maybe he's updating it maybe not. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things?
      ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”