Pete the Persian (host/dead/non)
63%

Total votes: 16
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:39 pm Not really, I was waiting for someone to notice.
do you want some attention?

:biggrin: :hugs:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

I addressed that actually, sig.

Unlike you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:58 pm
sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:56 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 amIf.
:confused2:

Not really lynch worthy though is it?
I concur.

Epi lays low as scum, sure, but he's useful as town. Game has actually been going for less than 24 hours, finals for schoolteachers are approaching, etc. Epi hasn't been super active this weekend either, and has had company if I remember right.

I'm not going to lay a lazy vote on Epi for activity, and I caution against wasting your time with it today.
What do you mean by this? Epi is a pretty bold scum player in my experience? I absolutely do not take his absence from this thread as a mark of suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 53

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:34 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm
sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am wolbre04 When you get the chance what do you think of the Golden, MP, Mac, and Dunya?
D1 is purely conjecture on my part until someone does something overly messy to me, but Golden and Mac seem to be interested in leading the pack and being outspoken
This is fine of course, but the later the game goes, the more I consider whether they are just leading us right into the fire
Dunya was really helpful, but basically a neutral leaning town
MP seems towny-ish, his interactions have been generally NAI with others with an exception or two

For the most part the thread is a half dozen people talking and the others might not be here when the phase ends.
Also, I feel like if anyone wants to ask me a question they can because I want to clear myself as town right off the bat :mafia:
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:32 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:16 pm OK you fence sitters- I'ma make a bold statement that I think sig is TOWN.

Tell me why I'm wrong without using previous metas.
I'm going to have to use previous experience alone to comment on this, but in the games where sig has been scum that I've participated in, he's hyper aggressive in my view at least. Here he hasn't really been aggro towards anyone. His town meta from a game I hosted is comparable to this, although a good number of his posts have been fluffy (but many of us are the same)
I like these two posts from wolbre at face value. He's a relatively new player in a foreign land, but he's managing to produce reads on a busy Day 1. That in itself is a good look, to say nothing of the actual content of these reads.

I'm a little concerned about sig's salad list of players in that first post though. @sig why did you prod wolbre for reads on those specific players?
They've all been fairly active and engaging with each other, plus I wanted the opinion of someone who has no meta with any of them since at the moment I'm leaning on their meta for my reads.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm I addressed that actually, sig.

Unlike you.
It doesn't matter if you addressed it, I can still not like it. Plus why did you ask the question than address it? Perhaps you wanted to make sure your opinion didn't stand out? :ponder:
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:28 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm every game Dom has been in with me, he ended up being inactive so this is actually the first time I get to play with him and I'm not at all familiar with his meta. from what I have heard, this seems to be Dom being Dom.
But your vote is currently on him.
sure it is. I don't know what scum or town dom look like. I felt like he was grasping at straws. I don't really like language arguments, but he claims it's ambiguity and not language and I guess I can get behind that. I did like how he called Mac out on it too.

I'll move my vote after I do my GTH reads and post a rainbow list to see what everything looks like.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Dom[/mention] you got a read on dunya yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig is bad lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:51 pm @Dom you got a read on dunya yet?
I'd lean bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 pmsig is bad lol
Why?
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 pm [quote=Sloonei post_id=432283 time=<a href="tel:1524509501">1524509501</a> user_id=405]
@Dom you got a read on dunya yet?
I'd lean bad.
[/quote]Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 am I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
This is a good point.

Also, why has Dom not suspected me yet? :p
This is a good point :haha:.

Dunno about Dunia's point. I thought it was pretty obvious what Dom was getting at. Really weak from Master Town Dunya tbh.
It read to me as Dunya looking for something to say rather than having something to say.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig has yet to address my problems with his post, let dunya speak for him, and then put me on his suspect list with no rationale given.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Did you have a problem with my post? All I saw was you acting like a snarky child since you don't like my posting style.

Quote the post and I'll answer it.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:11 am I want to hear more about Dom. He took the time to underline and magnify superfluous words in a sig post, but not what it meant to him, why he did it and what purpose he was trying to achieve. Since you share his feelings, Mac, what does it mean?
This is a good point.

Also, why has Dom not suspected me yet? :p
This is a good point :haha:.

Dunno about Dunia's point. I thought it was pretty obvious what Dom was getting at. Really weak from Master Town Dunya tbh.
It read to me as Dunya looking for something to say rather than having something to say.
I’d be with you if this was Day 4 or 5, but on Day 1 “looking for things to say” is half the game.

That said, this is not a suspicion I object to and I am interested in the results of dunya’s GTH thing she promised.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also Dom's reaction to me putting him as a baddie lean, yes a lean it's not like I'm saying lets lynch him right now and if we can't lynch him someone shoot him, is way over the top. Especially considering I'm not even voting for him. He's acting like a baddie that got called out for a lame/nonexistent reason and is mad about it. I'd know since that literally just happened in my last baddie game.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm every game Dom has been in with me, he ended up being inactive so this is actually the first time I get to play with him and I'm not at all familiar with his meta. from what I have heard, this seems to be Dom being Dom.
Weird how I was inactive and people discussed my meta.
I'll elaborate on this.

She's heard of my meta in games I never really played in? Really, my meta came up?

suspect af. who in btsc gave you an idea of my meta?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am Dom: Hasn't posted much yet, but his current posts are gut reading bad to me: Mafia lean
Also I did give a reasoning, its based off of gut his posts have been off. It might not be the best reason out there, but some of my best day 1s have been because I've followed my gut.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:08 pm Also Dom's reaction to me putting him as a baddie lean, yes a lean it's not like I'm saying lets lynch him right now and if we can't lynch him someone shoot him, is way over the top. Especially considering I'm not even voting for him. He's acting like a baddie that got called out for a lame/nonexistent reason and is mad about it. I'd know since that literally just happened in my last baddie game.
{footage not found]
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I forgot that mafia works like that. I'm a child when I make a joke, but others tell people to "eat shit" and it's fine.

Great group.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Not that I've had a problem with Mac.

sig is just personally attacking me instead of looking at the content of the post because he has nothing to say.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:11 pm
sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am Dom: Hasn't posted much yet, but his current posts are gut reading bad to me: Mafia lean
Also I did give a reasoning, its based off of gut his posts have been off. It might not be the best reason out there, but some of my best day 1s have been because I've followed my gut.
This is the same as "Dom is bad because I said so"

You can call it "gut" but there's no reason.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:10 pm
I'll elaborate on this.

She's heard of my meta in games I never really played in? Really, my meta came up?

nah you were compared to other players to me in discord in the past when we were OT discussing prolific Syndicate mafia players.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Flattery will get you everywhere. :srsnod:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'll elaborate on this.

I'm quoting this because... it feels like it could lead somewhere.

linki: It led nowhere :omg:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm

I concur.

Epi lays low as scum, sure, but he's useful as town. Game has actually been going for less than 24 hours, finals for schoolteachers are approaching, etc. Epi hasn't been super active this weekend either, and has had company if I remember right.

I'm not going to lay a lazy vote on Epi for activity, and I caution against wasting your time with it today.
What do you mean by this? Epi is a pretty bold scum player in my experience? I absolutely do not take his absence from this thread as a mark of suspicion.
I also found this contrary to reality.
Epi's post volume is not correlated with his alignment, in my experience.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:14 pm Not that I've had a problem with Mac.

sig is just personally attacking me instead of looking at the content of the post because he has nothing to say.
I've said plenty you appear to be the one not saying much, just since I didn't address your point doesn't me i'm not saying anything. Also I'm not personally attacking you, I'm talking about your tone and your tone is snarky. Stop trying to play the victim card and just ask whatever question I didn't answer before.

linki: Guts a good reason, I know people who play entire games just by gut/tone reading. It's a legitimate day 1 strategy and like I already said I didn't advocate your lynch and even said leans are basically nothing why are you getting so riled up about it?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi is more than fashionably late at this point
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm

I concur.

The one time I played with scum Epi, he was practically AFK for a quarter of the game.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 pm
I'll elaborate on this.

nah you were compared to other players to me in discord in the past when we were OT discussing prolific Syndicate mafia players.
:ponder:

I side with Dom in this exchange actually. there’s no accountability for either side but how sweet it would be if dunya did just scumslip.

Im keeping this one in my back pocket
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by novaselinenever »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 pm
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.
But no one asked about wolbre yet. :ponder:

Good to know nonetheless. Looking forward to playing with you, wolbre!
I don't like this post its weird, light scum ping on MP
What don't you like about it ? Him calling you out ?
How much history do you have with sig, nova? (Serious question, btw).
Serious answer, I have none. This is our first time playing together I think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:20 pm

I've said plenty you appear to be the one not saying much, just since I didn't address your point doesn't me i'm not saying anything. Also I'm not personally attacking you, I'm talking about your tone and your tone is snarky. Stop trying to play the victim card and just ask whatever question I didn't answer before.

linki: Guts a good reason, I know people who play entire games just by gut/tone reading. It's a legitimate day 1 strategy and like I already said I didn't advocate your lynch and even said leans are basically nothing why are you getting so riled up about it?
I'm not riled up about it?
I'm making points about why I don't think you are civ. Points I've made since before you said you suspected me.

Sure, gut is a justification people give, but come on, it' snot a "reason". Inherently, it's not a "reason". Reason would have some sort of "reasoning" behind it that "gut" inherently lacks.

You know exactly what the point I'd like you to address is, you'd just rather hide behind calling me a "child" and "snarky" (showing you know full well which post I'm talking about).
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:23 pm
I'll elaborate on this.

I side with Dom in this exchange actually. there’s no accountability for either side but how sweet it would be if dunya did just scumslip.

What do you mean?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 pm Epi is more than fashionably late at this point
Vote him and see if we can summon him from his casket.

Have the wooden stake ready

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 pm Epi is more than fashionably late at this point

if you hold him down I'll thrust
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:25 pm
I'll elaborate on this.

What do you mean?
I mean there’s no way to prove she heard in scum chat or in OT discord

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Try using the pingometer. I hear it’s 3 feet long and 2 inches wide

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm
I'll elaborate on this.

What do you mean?
Understood. Thanks. :)
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm making points about why I don't think you are civ. Points I've made since before you said you suspected me.

Sure, gut is a justification people give, but come on, it' snot a "reason". Inherently, it's not a "reason". Reason would have some sort of "reasoning" behind it that "gut" inherently lacks.

You know exactly what the point I'd like you to address is, you'd just rather hide behind calling me a "child" and "snarky" (showing you know full well which post I'm talking about).
lol whatever, the fact you just won't ask the question again or quote the post is proving my point about your playstyle right now.

Just to be clear I'm not saying outside of this game that you're childish or attacking you on a personal level. I'm talking strictly about this game.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:29 pm

I'll elaborate on this.

What do you mean?
well, i discussed it with a few players in this game. so if someone here would like to come forth, that's cool, if not, that's cool too. idc, this is a non-issue for me and i'm not calling for witnesses. that's lame.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 pm

lol whatever, the fact you just won't ask the question again or quote the post is proving my point about your playstyle right now.

Just to be clear I'm not saying outside of this game that you're childish or attacking you on a personal level. I'm talking strictly about this game.
The fact that you're calling me childish proves the point that you already know what you're supposed to respond to. :evileye:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:32 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:29 pm

I'll elaborate on this.

What do you mean?
well, i discussed it with a few players in this game. so if someone here would like to come forth, that's cool, if not, that's cool too. idc, this is a non-issue for me and i'm not calling for witnesses. that's lame.
Your explanation is plausible.
I still think you are one, so far, to look for something to say rather than have something to say.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 pm Your explanation is plausible.
I still think you are one, so far, to look for something to say rather than have something to say.
i also don't really care to defend against this argument, because similar to what happened with Golden earlier and what you're doing with sig now, we're likely to go round in circles. ya'll are free to your own interpretation of my posts. happy hunting. :beer:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

now let me get this measly player read post done.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm

:eek:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

I will be around much closer to EoD and throughout the night, I worked 2 12 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday and have class today, so I haven't been able to fully invest myself yet in the thread and make a post that's substantial
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

I do not like the fact that several people haven't really posted much tbh, if they're all town it burns even more
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:43 pm I do not like the fact that several people haven't really posted much tbh, if they're all town it burns even more
Which several people are you singling out?

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by novaselinenever »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am
sig wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:52 pm Also wolbre and I are from the same original site, we've aldo played on mu once together. However, every game we've played together I've been mafia or independent so I never really bothered to learn his meta.

I don't believe he's ever been mafia and is still new to mafia as a whole compared to all of us, he's also deadily as an independent and in my opinion if he's one of those three trading guys he'll side with mafia for the lolz.

Given I share his perspective I am going to assume you aren't trying and are bad.
I'm trying but unlike you I don't share his perspective since I didn't like his initial post (sig's). It felt forced so I understand where MP is coming from and why he asked him that. I'd like to know why he found MP's post bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am

Given I share his perspective I am going to assume you aren't trying and are bad.
I'm trying but unlike you I don't share his perspective since I didn't like his initial post (sig's). It felt forced so I understand where MP is coming from and why he asked him that. I'd like to know why he found MP's post bad.
First I think we played a few games here and there on TS, but we weren't active in them at the same time.

I found it bad that MP called me out for giving meta information on a player that nobody else knew anything about. Like why wouldn't I offer this information unprompted? Especially when it might not be common knowledge that we're from the same site.
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Kites »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:43 pm I do not like the fact that several people haven't really posted much tbh, if they're all town it burns even more
Which several people are you singling out?
me me me me me me :kadaj:

Return to “Previous Jobs”