Retrocausality Mafia - ENDGAME: A Reprieve in the Desert

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 316

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 3: Enter the domain of Chronos

Post by Epignosis »

I can't wait for the day when I can roll in here calling people 100% civilians left and right and get away with it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 614

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:08 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 am Mac
Epi

It’s not my fault I got my role description that I did. It’s not Daisy’s fault she got the one she did, read my town on day one, and gave me a token of trust.

But I hate that you oppose the idea that I could have knowledge so strenuously to the point it affects your ability to enjoy the game because you don’t have the same.

If you want me to seek a replacement I’ll seek a replacement. But this is not fair to speed or anyone else. This is a game that enables infogathering and infodumping. It is what it is. I can’t help it. I can’t help that I don’t play it the way you think I should play it. I’m sorry if it causes you to be frustrated at me or the game.
Please stop overreacting so much Golden. I do not have the benefit of information so you need to just deal with the fact that I remain sceptical and stop throwing your toys out of the pram every time I ask a question when something unusual occurs. I don't want to "just accept it" or whatever it is that you expect of me because I'd feel like a complete fool if I just did that and then we lost.
I’ve never asked you to ‘just accept it’
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:09 am
Epi

It’s not my fault I got my role description that I did. It’s not Daisy’s fault she got the one she did, read my town on day one, and gave me a token of trust.

But I hate that you oppose the idea that I could have knowledge so strenuously to the point it affects your ability to enjoy the game because you don’t have the same.

If you want me to seek a replacement I’ll seek a replacement. But this is not fair to speed or anyone else. This is a game that enables infogathering and infodumping. It is what it is. I can’t help it. I can’t help that I don’t play it the way you think I should play it. I’m sorry if it causes you to be frustrated at me or the game.
Please stop overreacting so much Golden. I do not have the benefit of information so you need to just deal with the fact that I remain sceptical and stop throwing your toys out of the pram every time I ask a question when something unusual occurs. I don't want to "just accept it" or whatever it is that you expect of me because I'd feel like a complete fool if I just did that and then we lost.
It's also a game that enables lying. I need to decide whether you are lying. I can't do that when you get pissy every time I ask you a question.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Telling me I'm overreacting.

All while Epi and Mac say they want to quit the game, even though I'm answering their questions and at least one of them isn't answering mine...
Even though Epi threatened to ruin the game for the town just because I suggested I should get an item, while both of you campaigned 'anyone but golden'.

This is not overreacting guys. I'm just responding to what you're posting.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

PS if I was bad Epi would be long dead.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall has been replaced by Evil MacDougall
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:11 am
Epi

It's also a game that enables lying. I need to decide whether you are lying. I can't do that when you get pissy every time I ask you a question.
And I can't decide if you're lying when you never answer a question with a straight answer.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 3: Time to kick back and rewiiiind

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:07 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:52 am
Golden wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:35 pm

What kind of question is this? We still have our own opinions.
If you are both utterly convinced that the other one is a civ then why are you not making more of an effort in the thread to unify your vote to achieve what you need?

Seems fishy to me.
Don't question him.

He'll get mad.
You’re the one who refused to answer questions, while also shutting your ears to the answers I was trying to give.
You tried to turn this into a hypocrisy issue while equating S~V~S with Scotty. Nah.
I never equated the two, you did.
No I didn't. You brought up S~V~S's name.
Yeah. Because I asked you if you 'ever' did what you're accusing me of being bad for not doing, then I thought of an example where I remembered you did.

I was giving you credit for something. I wasn't doing any equating. That was all you, and I didn't even understand the point of it tbh since you DID do with SVS what you claim I didn't do with scotty.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:12 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:11 am
Epi

And I can't decide if you're lying when you never answer a question with a straight answer.
You asked me four or five questions. I asked you one question about why you haven't been trying to get on the same page with Scotty and you went on a tirade against me and my "hypocrisy" with S~V~S. :confused: And then said that I didn't give a shit about your father. That burns. Hell no I don't want to play Mafia with you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This entire conversation should be redacted because quite frankly nobody would want to play here if this was the norm.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:13 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:08 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:05 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:02 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 am This isn't a matter of "trust." This is a matter of 100% confidence. If you are 100% confident in someone, you two should facilitate a lynch.

You two haven't done that at all that I've seen.
Why?
I have no idea why you and Scotty haven't done so.
No. Why would we do that?

Why would we not just each make the cases in our own heads. Why would we ‘work together to facilitate a case’

You keep saying we should. You can’t answer the question of why we should.

There’s nothing town-leaning about acting as a hive mind.
I didn't say anything about a hive mind. I never said you two had to vote together.

I said

"make a transparent effort to get on the same page together."
And I explained to you why I didn’t have time for effort.

But you don’t give a shit about that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:14 amYou asked me four or five questions. I asked you one question about why you haven't been trying to get on the same page with Scotty and you went on a tirade against me and my "hypocrisy" with S~V~S. :confused: And then said that I didn't give a shit about your father. That burns. Hell no I don't want to play Mafia with you.
Reality check.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:58 pm If Golden and Scotty are "a pair" why aren't they voting together?
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:58 pm If Golden and Scotty are "a pair" why aren't they voting together?
If I trusted someone 100%, I'd make a transparent effort to get on the same page with them in the thread.
Golden wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:45 pm
If I trusted someone 100%, I'd make a transparent effort to get on the same page with them in the thread.
Two things

1 - as I said several times, I didn’t have the time or energy for effort if any kind this phase and

2 - again, why? Im not threatened by differing opinions.

I trust each of scotty, daisy and Mac 100%. Hell no I won’t try to force that group of 4 to vote together.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:47 pm
Two things

1 - as I said several times, I didn’t have the time or energy for effort if any kind this phase and

I trust each of scotty, daisy and Mac 100%. Hell no I won’t try to force that group of 4 to vote together.
I didn't say "I'd force that group of four to vote together."

I said "I'd make a transparent effort to get on the same page with them in the thread."
Golden wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm
Two things

I said "I'd make a transparent effort to get on the same page with them in the thread."
Well I’d go visit my father in hospital. To each their own with their effort I suppose.

This is bullshit. I barely even read the thread in that phase.
This is the point I might have expected at least an 'That could be true, but....' or some vague kind of effort to either answer my 'why' question or to accept that I'd already given the same answer twice... what did I get?
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:51 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm
Two things

Well I’d go visit my father in hospital. To each their own with their effort I suppose.

This is bullshit. I barely even read the thread in that phase.
You're right.

Forgive me for actually playing the fucking game.
So, I mean - don't tell me it's a tirade I began about hypocrisy and you not caring about my father (which I didn't say btw, I said you didn't care about the fact I gave that as my reason). It began right there with your passive aggressive response instead of engaging with me on my actually direct responses and further questioning.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:18 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 am This isn't a matter of "trust." This is a matter of 100% confidence. If you are 100% confident in someone, you two should facilitate a lynch.

You two haven't done that at all that I've seen.
Why?

Why would we not just each make the cases in our own heads. Why would we ‘work together to facilitate a case’

I didn't say anything about a hive mind. I never said you two had to vote together.

I said

You don't give a shit THAT I explained it epi. I know you care.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's not even fair now because I was trying to solve shit and now the conversation has digressed so negatively that I can't even continue analysing a clue I feel hasn't been analysed properly without causing more problems.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta meta
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:21 am

Why?

I said

What the fuck man. So much of what you say is just unbelievably deaf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Everything you said sounded like you were accusing Epignosis of being a complete asshole Golden.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:41 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:39 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:37 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:34 am When I get the "OMG SCOTTY AND SPACEDAISY AND MACDOUGALL ARE 100% CIVILIANS" role I'll be sure to put forth some effort in a game with zero flips and nothing for me to advance on but everybody's word.
Only scotty was cleared by my role as I’ve made clear multiple times.

Mac and Daisy were cleared through their own actions. They aren’t 100%, but I struggle to make sense of certain actions if they are bad.

Are you telling me I’m not putting in effort? Is that what you’re saying? I mean, even still, your posts aren’t actually enlightening me about what it is exactly you find odd or suspicious.
I accused you of not putting forth effort in one area of this game: Getting on the same page with Scotty- the one person you claim to be 100% sure is a civilian.

I have a problem with that. I have no problem with your effort otherwise. Stop making it about anything else.
Ok well:

Exactly what instances were scotty and I not on the same page?
Exactly how little effort did we put in?
Exactly what effort do you expect?
Why do you expect that effort? What do you think is townie about it? What do you think is bad about the opposite?
Four or five questions meant to highlight my hypocrisy.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am Everything you said sounded like you were accusing Epignosis of being a complete asshole Golden.
Not a complete asshole. I would never think he didn't actually care about my father. And I'm sorry if it presented that way.

But... on a game level.

He ignores my responses, doesn't address my questions, and then declares the conversation over. What am I supposed to do with that?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:26 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:41 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:39 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:37 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:34 am When I get the "OMG SCOTTY AND SPACEDAISY AND MACDOUGALL ARE 100% CIVILIANS" role I'll be sure to put forth some effort in a game with zero flips and nothing for me to advance on but everybody's word.
Only scotty was cleared by my role as I’ve made clear multiple times.

Mac and Daisy were cleared through their own actions. They aren’t 100%, but I struggle to make sense of certain actions if they are bad.

Are you telling me I’m not putting in effort? Is that what you’re saying? I mean, even still, your posts aren’t actually enlightening me about what it is exactly you find odd or suspicious.
I accused you of not putting forth effort in one area of this game: Getting on the same page with Scotty- the one person you claim to be 100% sure is a civilian.

I have a problem with that. I have no problem with your effort otherwise. Stop making it about anything else.
Ok well:

Exactly what instances were scotty and I not on the same page?
Exactly how little effort did we put in?
Exactly what effort do you expect?
Why do you expect that effort? What do you think is townie about it? What do you think is bad about the opposite?
Four or five questions meant to highlight my hypocrisy.
Four or five questions meant to highlight whether your suspicion is honest or not, and if so what is actually at the bottom of it so I can actually respond.

I don't actually care about hypocrisy. I'm a fucking hypocrite all the time, and it's not a baddie tell. I just want you to actually dig in to your suspicion instead of hanging me out to dry and then refusing to engage.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am

I said

Same goes for the pair of you. It's kind of ironic I'm being accused of being deaf when this whole conversation it me trying to get people to use their ears.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:27 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am Everything you said sounded like you were accusing Epignosis of being a complete asshole Golden.
Not a complete asshole.
Yeah, I'm done.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Golden and Epi or Golden and I are going to continue to play games together on the site (and I do want to because I know it is literally just the game that causes the friction and think Golden is a totally swell dude!) we need to put some sort of rules/framework in place to ensure the games don't devolve into situations that make everyone hate themselves and make it not fun for others. Like minimum one interaction per day, no more than five consecutive replies ... something hahaha. This is cooked.
Not a complete asshole. I would never think he didn't actually care about my father. And I'm sorry if it presented that way.

But... on a game level.

He ignores my responses, doesn't address my questions, and then declares the conversation over. What am I supposed to do with that?
There's nothing wrong with that pissing you off. That pisses everybody off about him. He also doesn't care and the only thing for it is to tolerate it or just policy lynch him for it. That's got nothing to do with your dad so I have no idea why you brought your dad into this very clearly game centric conversation broheem. It just made everything go from male head butting to really personal and weird as soon as you did that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 am If Golden and Epi or Golden and I are going to continue to play games together on the site (and I do want to because I know it is literally just the game that causes the friction and think Golden is a totally swell dude!) we need to put some sort of rules/framework in place to ensure the games don't devolve into situations that make everyone hate themselves and make it not fun for others. Like minimum one interaction per day, no more than five consecutive replies ... something hahaha. This is cooked.

But... on a game level.

There's nothing wrong with that pissing you off. That pisses everybody off about him. He also doesn't care and the only thing for it is to tolerate it or just policy lynch him for it. That's got nothing to do with your dad so I have no idea why you brought your dad into this very clearly game centric conversation broheem. It just made everything go from male head butting to really personal and weird as soon as you did that.
When the accusation is 'you didn't put energy and effort in'

And the truth is I didn't because 'I spent most of the phase with my father'...

What else am I supposed to do, lie?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I didn't want to have this conversation. It's not like I enjoy being accused of lack of effort when everyone knew what I was doing this phase and I said up front I was likely to be less present.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean, calling me unbelievably deaf, I just want you and epi to think about how it came across when you accused me of lack of effort in this phase.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am

I said

Same goes for the pair of you. It's kind of ironic I'm being accused of being deaf when this whole conversation it me trying to get people to use their ears.
Not that kind of deaf. You say shit and seemingly you have no idea of the emotional affect you have on people because when it's explained to you you usually just refuse to accept it. I intentionally ignore shit people say in Mafia games because I don't know if they have Mafia role cards. Two different types of deafness homescrotum.

When I say shit that emotionally affects people in a Mafia game I am either aware that I am doing it when I do and think it's necessary or won't be taken to heart, or immediately aware that I did it afterwards and I try to make it right if I hurt em. So no, I won't accept that criticism because I know myself better than y'all do despite the fact that everyone thinks they have my character documented on Windows 95 CD-Rom or some shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:33 am I mean, calling me unbelievably deaf, I just want you and epi to think about how it came across when you accused me of lack of effort in this phase.
This is case in point my dude. I didn't accuse you of lack of effort at all. You shuffled the dialogue around until you could make that seem like what was said.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:33 am I mean, calling me unbelievably deaf, I just want you and epi to think about how it came across when you accused me of lack of effort in this phase.
This is case in point my dude. I didn't accuse you of lack of effort at all. You shuffled the dialogue around until you could make that seem like what was said.
You're right, my apologies.

Only Epi did.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There are so many implications to the idea that you were "lacking effort". There is general Golden/Jay like bullshit levels of effort, which you didn't put in and nobody is questioning that whatsoever because of exactly what you said! Then there is the effort to coordinate your 100% confirmed townies to vote on the guy you were almost certain was scum, to which there was no effort at all, when a single post to that effect might have lessened it to the point in which the question was never even raised. An effort can be any action, it doesn't always imply a load or large effort.

You just take things too literally or something. I am not sure why I have to explain this to you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is all rather moot because I have a very strong town read on you anyway, particularly now, so to further this dialogue is just pointless.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sprityo wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:29 pm actually let's lynch turnip head
Just saw this and.... huh????

What happened to all the gusto of defending him all game?
first of all, "defending" is inaccurate.

i've been advocating attempting to remove him from the game though his win condition in order to prove or disprove his alignment claim.

i got nervous about the lynch, and my lizard brain said "hey there's a chance that sig is mafia, but there's also a chance that he's really civ and has the ghost power that he's talking about." and "turnip head is also possibly mafia but in the best case scenario he is an independent" "either one can be proven with time, but the risk in lynching turnip head is relatively low since he's not a civ"

those were the thoughts that went through my head while i sold a guy 4 goldfish, and that's why i changed my vote.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:38 am There are so many implications to the idea that you were "lacking effort". There is general Golden/Jay like bullshit levels of effort, which you didn't put in and nobody is questioning that whatsoever because of exactly what you said! Then there is the effort to coordinate your 100% confirmed townies to vote on the guy you were almost certain was scum, to which there was no effort at all, when a single post to that effect might have lessened it to the point in which the question was never even raised. An effort can be any action, it doesn't always imply a load or large effort.

You just take things too literally or something. I am not sure why I have to explain this to you.
You actually don't.

You just did something which epi refused to do. If I'd have been talking to you, you would have explained this. Epi didn't have any care to explain what he meant. He could have said 'no, I didn't mean it like that', but he chose not to.

I understand that you feel affinity with one side of this conversation, Mac, but it's not one sided. I tried multiple times to get Epi to engage on the actual game content. He wouldn't. When I asked him actual game questions, he made some flippant remark about how he was done with the conversation. Several times.

There's no 'I can come after you and it's fine, but you can't come after me'. That's just not ok.

And again, that my father came into it was (as I've explained more than once), just a factual answer to what I felt I was being accused of. You can interpret it another way, maybe you're right, I dunno, I've seen no evidence of what Epi actually means or sees as suspicious from him yet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I do genuinely apologise if Epi thought I meant he didn't care about my father. I really do know that with Epi he would never mean any ill will outside of the game. I fully meant that he didn't care THAT I had provided a response to his question, not that he didn't care about my rl situation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It is true that given he was arguing from the perspective that I shared that I would have lacked the ability to empathise with you while reading your interactions with him.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:56 pm I'd probably vote Kylemii too, but he's a distant fourth.
do you have a reason or is it just the traditional "i don't have a reason at all but i kinda suspect kyle" thing
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have asked for a replacement. No one needs a continuation of this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:47 am It is true that given he was arguing from the perspective that I shared that I would have lacked the ability to empathise with you while reading your interactions with him.
I think you'll find, if you try, that there were reasonable grounds for me to be quite frustrated. I know that when I get frustrated I just write - sometimes ambiguous sentences can be taken the wrong way. But seriously, I just wish that if Epi would come at me with a suspicion he'd be willing to discuss it, it just doesn't feel that way to me. Pretty much ever. Which I hate, because other than that I very much enjoy playing with Epi, but whenever that happens to me it just feels like 'here we go again' and out come the flamethrowers.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey [mention]sprityo[/mention] I might be talking in circles and you may have already answered after I already asked this but

Why are you so certain Golden is civ? Like, there isn’t any ability that you have claimed to ascertain that notion unless you just know something.

Ok I know I’ve already asked this but I’m tired and on the subway and don’t have proper service or patience to go back that many pages to find it

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:47 am It is true that given he was arguing from the perspective that I shared that I would have lacked the ability to empathise with you while reading your interactions with him.
I think you'll find, if you try, that there were reasonable grounds for me to be quite frustrated. I know that when I get frustrated I just write - sometimes ambiguous sentences can be taken the wrong way. But seriously, I just wish that if Epi would come at me with a suspicion he'd be willing to discuss it, it just doesn't feel that way to me. Pretty much ever. Which I hate, because other than that I very much enjoy playing with Epi, but whenever that happens to me it just feels like 'here we go again' and out come the flamethrowers.
Epi doesn't read words he reads actions. There isn't much point explaining why you do things he finds suspicious. You're better off just moving on and acting like a civ. That's how I deal with his style anyway.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:55 am Hey @sprityo I might be talking in circles and you may have already answered after I already asked this but

Why are you so certain Golden is civ? Like, there isn’t any ability that you have claimed to ascertain that notion unless you just know something.

Ok I know I’ve already asked this but I’m tired and on the subway and don’t have proper service or patience to go back that many pages to find it
This is an interesting question.

And despite popular opinion, I DO actually think that declaring someone town shouldn’t just be accepted and should be challenged.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:55 am
Epi doesn't read words he reads actions. There isn't much point explaining why you do things he finds suspicious. You're better off just moving on and acting like a civ. That's how I deal with his style anyway.
That is quite limiting in that there is no way to demonstrate epis interpretation is a misinterpretation without words.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The players who have been vanished have been particularly bizarre choices in my opinion and I feel like that should be analysed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There’s only been two at night. Nutella said she had a cool role. Quin claimed cop. Inhs vanishing is odd but happened during the day.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:55 am
That is quite limiting in that there is no way to demonstrate epis interpretation is a misinterpretation without words.
Sorry I mean, you should always do your best to explain what he is suspicious of but pretty much just assume he won't just immediately agree with it and then leave it as it is with :shrug: this badboy. Epi is like me I think. In a game where the bad guys are meant to type text to trick you there is little value in completely trusting the words, but they are always worth saying and they will be taken under advisement. Then as a civ you should go back to finding badders.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

GUYS no one needs to be replaced. Maybe take a step back from the thread and then look at the big picture:

-With no reveals, we’re all floundering
-except mafia, who have the utmost advantage with BTSC and knowledge of at least a couple powers at disposal
-none of us know the inner workings of this game to know if what we’re doing is successful or worth a shit. Perhaps that simple fact could hinder the front of putting forth regular “effort”.

I get what Epi and Mac are saying if they’re saying it from this context because the Cubs need to be a strong group.
I voted for lapluie last round because I found her on similar footing with sig. I couldn’t pull the trigger on him and still have no idea one way or the other. It’s like playing paint by number but the package only came with shit brown paint. And now it’s starting to smell like its color too.

But until someone starts disclosing some more info, all you got is that there are 3 doctors, 2 people that had masonry in D0 where one is an indie, and that’s it for the current folk.

What is sprityo? Should we go into claim mode yet to really lay it out?

Who is lapluie? We have no idea. What is a lapluie.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

and..... wow. I pretty much just skimmed all of that, if anything positive or useful happened during those 4 pages of weird vibes LMK.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also putting this out there- I will be protecting golden tonight.

If any of you other doctors want to coordinate some shit, lets coordinate.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 am There’s only been two at night. Nutella said she had a cool role. Quin claimed cop. Inhs vanishing is odd but happened during the day.
Quin's cop claim wasn't the most believable and Nutella's cool role could have been anything and when compared with the forming town bloc I would have been much more want to kill you, Spacedaisy or Scotty on night 2 than Quin. Especially you.

Which in my opinion means the scum are either IN the bloc or are comfortable with it's existence. Why would they be comfortable? Maybe the bloc is barking up the wrong tree? Or perhaps with the existence of doctors they are trying to work around that.

I am just really doubtful that in this game that one of Epi, Golden, Spacedaisy or Scotty wouldn't draw a mafia role card if I didn't.

Speedchuck are the kind of host that randomly assigns roles or do you put the Mafia team together to ensure it's a solid unit?

Linki: I already have protected you tonight Scotty.

Return to “Previous Jobs”