Retrocausality Mafia - ENDGAME: A Reprieve in the Desert

Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 614

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 3: Enter the domain of Chronos

Post by Golden »

Well, I agree. That’s why I watched myself.

But imagine you’re two or three down, and the cop has just successfully said sig and inh are on opposite sides, and you know sig is bad and inh isn’t... or even the opposite

That would shift the equation of what you thought if Quin, yeah?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:03 am GUYS no one needs to be replaced. Maybe take a step back from the thread and then look at the big picture:

-With no reveals, we’re all floundering
-except mafia, who have the utmost advantage with BTSC and knowledge of at least a couple powers at disposal
-none of us know the inner workings of this game to know if what we’re doing is successful or worth a shit. Perhaps that simple fact could hinder the front of putting forth regular “effort”.

I get what Epi and Mac are saying if they’re saying it from this context because the Cubs need to be a strong group.
I voted for lapluie last round because I found her on similar footing with sig. I couldn’t pull the trigger on him and still have no idea one way or the other. It’s like playing paint by number but the package only came with shit brown paint. And now it’s starting to smell like its color too.

But until someone starts disclosing some more info, all you got is that there are 3 doctors, 2 people that had masonry in D0 where one is an indie, and that’s it for the current folk.

What is sprityo? Should we go into claim mode yet to really lay it out?

Who is lapluie? We have no idea. What is a lapluie.
okay other than that big scotty metaphor paragraph that makes no sense at all, I completely agree with all of this. please relax, this is a silly game for children.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:07 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 am There’s only been two at night. Nutella said she had a cool role. Quin claimed cop. Inhs vanishing is odd but happened during the day.
Quin's cop claim wasn't the most believable and Nutella's cool role could have been anything and when compared with the forming town bloc I would have been much more want to kill you, Spacedaisy or Scotty on night 2 than Quin. Especially you.

Which in my opinion means the scum are either IN the bloc or are comfortable with it's existence. Why would they be comfortable? Maybe the bloc is barking up the wrong tree? Or perhaps with the existence of doctors they are trying to work around that.

I am just really doubtful that in this game that one of Epi, Golden, Spacedaisy or Scotty wouldn't draw a mafia role card if I didn't.

Speedchuck are the kind of host that randomly assigns roles or do you put the Mafia team together to ensure it's a solid unit?

Linki: I already have protected you tonight Scotty.
Thanks bud...I’m windering what would happen if you protected Epi and Epi protected you.

Just thinking out loud like ed sheehan
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Post by MacDougall »

I imagine that I will be killed tonight tbh. It'll be either me or Spacedaisy I guess.

Linki: Yes if the scum had solid reason to believe Quin was a cop then killing him makes more sense than any other kill.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:10 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 am There’s only been two at night. Nutella said she had a cool role. Quin claimed cop. Inhs vanishing is odd but happened during the day.
Quin's cop claim wasn't the most believable and Nutella's cool role could have been anything and when compared with the forming town bloc I would have been much more want to kill you, Spacedaisy or Scotty on night 2 than Quin. Especially you.

Which in my opinion means the scum are either IN the bloc or are comfortable with it's existence. Why would they be comfortable? Maybe the bloc is barking up the wrong tree? Or perhaps with the existence of doctors they are trying to work around that.

I am just really doubtful that in this game that one of Epi, Golden, Spacedaisy or Scotty wouldn't draw a mafia role card if I didn't.

Speedchuck are the kind of host that randomly assigns roles or do you put the Mafia team together to ensure it's a solid unit?

Thanks bud...I’m windering what would happen if you protected Epi and Epi protected you.

My doctor role isn't a straight doctor. I have to send my doctorage in the previous night for the following night.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:10 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:03 am GUYS no one needs to be replaced. Maybe take a step back from the thread and then look at the big picture:

-With no reveals, we’re all floundering
-except mafia, who have the utmost advantage with BTSC and knowledge of at least a couple powers at disposal
-none of us know the inner workings of this game to know if what we’re doing is successful or worth a shit. Perhaps that simple fact could hinder the front of putting forth regular “effort”.

I get what Epi and Mac are saying if they’re saying it from this context because the Cubs need to be a strong group.
I voted for lapluie last round because I found her on similar footing with sig. I couldn’t pull the trigger on him and still have no idea one way or the other. It’s like playing paint by number but the package only came with shit brown paint. And now it’s starting to smell like its color too.

But until someone starts disclosing some more info, all you got is that there are 3 doctors, 2 people that had masonry in D0 where one is an indie, and that’s it for the current folk.

What is sprityo? Should we go into claim mode yet to really lay it out?

Who is lapluie? We have no idea. What is a lapluie.
okay other than that big scotty metaphor paragraph that makes no sense at all, I completely agree with all of this. please relax, this is a silly game for children.
That doesn’t make sense to you?
Paint by color, but you only have shit brown at your disposal? Like..the entire painting will be brown. Like this game, it adds up to a big splotch of Brown.
I think it’s succinctly apt for this scenario :pout:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:12 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:10 am

My doctor role isn't a straight doctor. I have to send my doctorage in the previous night for the following night.
Oh hmmm that’s interesting

Ok then

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

With all the town mechanics going on itt with doctoring and confirming and what have you it would be borderline moronic to presume the scum don't have some seriously hectic abilities btw. In a game with several doctors, the day vanisher role is most likely to be a scum role meant to be able to work around the night doctoring I reckon, which means INH was probably not bad and that means that given Quin was killed at night ergo town confirmed that he was probably right about sig/INH which means sig is probably a dead scum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

With so much doctoring, a cop and an additional town confirming ability I'd also presume that the day vanisher is either not one shot or the scum have more killing powers that we are yet to see.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I would be very surprised if Luna did not spew sig as her teammate with her Hail Mary.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also imagine that they have vote manipulation abilities and/or strongman kills and/or janitorial kills and/or probably godfatherish abilities too.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

if we don't prove turnip head's win condition tonight i think he needs to be lynched. I'm concerned with the lack of effort im seeing from him to achieve his wincon. he didn't coordinate his night 3 prediction with me at all and i don't even know if he sent one at all. he didn't coordinate night 1's target with me either (though to be fair that one was kind of obvious?) and only coordinated night 2 with me after being prompted
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

maybe that's paranoid idk
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] who did you predict
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 am I would be very surprised if Luna did not spew sig as her teammate with her Hail Mary.
I wouldn't be surprised if Luna was a townie with some sort of cop ability that failed actually. For her to have rolled scum again in a speedchuck game no less I reckon (and I know it's angle shooting again) that speedchuck would have re-rolled her if that happened. I would have.

Linki: It is entirely viable that Turnip Head is a scum that decided to gambit really early partially for the lulz and partially because it's a good idea and has just seen his team disintegrate around him to the point where he has just about given up.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 am I would be very surprised if Luna did not spew sig as her teammate with her Hail Mary.
Further to this, I don’t think it was an attempt to get herself off the hook, it was an attempt at a legacy post to help sig upon his return.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 amLinki: It is entirely viable that Turnip Head is a scum that decided to gambit really early partially for the lulz and partially because it's a good idea and has just seen his team disintegrate around him to the point where he has just about given up.
that seems kind of optimistic, don't you think?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 am
I wouldn't be surprised if Luna was a townie with some sort of cop ability that failed actually. For her to have rolled scum again in a speedchuck game no less I reckon (and I know it's angle shooting again) that speedchuck would have re-rolled her if that happened. I would have.

Linki: It is entirely viable that Turnip Head is a scum that decided to gambit really early partially for the lulz and partially because it's a good idea and has just seen his team disintegrate around him to the point where he has just about given up.
Then why pick sig instead of just saying it failed?

I wouldn’t reroll under any circumstances, but I hear you that some would.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don’t oppose a TH lynch at this point.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would say that sig's ability was a scum power something along the lines of "can vanish players during the day" and that allowed him to self target and/or return players to the thread once vanished and he just flavoured it up for show. I know he said that he didn't vanish INH but I reckon he did and I reckon he realised that admitting that would look bad after he did it so he backtracked from having done it.

Given we've seen two day vanishings, one was himself that he himself claimed to've done and the other was INH I'm gonna just assume the guy who had demonstrated the ability to day vanish did it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 am

Then why pick sig instead of just saying it failed?

I wouldn’t reroll under any circumstances, but I hear you that some would.
I mean to say that it failed in such a way as that she got a false reading.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Consider that we have "three doctors" and "two cops" ... you'd have to assume that the roles don't always fire exactly as is right?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:25 am I would say that sig's ability was a scum power something along the lines of "can vanish players during the day" and that allowed him to self target and/or return players to the thread once vanished and he just flavoured it up for show. I know he said that he didn't vanish INH but I reckon he did and I reckon he realised that admitting that would look bad after he did it so he backtracked from having done it.

Given we've seen two day vanishings, one was himself that he himself claimed to've done and the other was INH I'm gonna just assume the guy who had demonstrated the ability to day vanish did it.
I agree. This was my working assumption.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 amLinki: It is entirely viable that Turnip Head is a scum that decided to gambit really early partially for the lulz and partially because it's a good idea and has just seen his team disintegrate around him to the point where he has just about given up.
Sure it does but what other logic is there to him being scum and subsequently lynching him? Aren't you the one building up the rationale to push his lynch? Why the objection? Do you believe he is indie and think we should lynch the potentially dangerous indie or are you speculating that he is mafia?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 am Consider that we have "three doctors" and "two cops" ... you'd have to assume that the roles don't always fire exactly as is right?
Look at my post just after she claimed.

The result wasn’t a false result, it was a knowing lie. I brought posts from her iso of the day.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What if Nutella's "cool role" was the ability to reveal the roles/alignments of the dead? I believe the role is referred to as a Forensic Cop?

That'd be a cool role and would explain why we haven't had any flips...
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:28 am
Sure it does but what other logic is there to him being scum and subsequently lynching him? Aren't you the one building up the rationale to push his lynch? Why the objection? Do you believe he is indie and think we should lynch the potentially dangerous indie or are you speculating that he is mafia?
no, i mean it seems optimistic to assume the mafia is "disintegrating". do you feel like we're doing well?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If TH knows what’s good for him he predicted I win this election and then hypothetically he should go buhbye.

If he doesn’t, let’s lynch him kyea

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:31 am
no, i mean it seems optimistic to assume the mafia is "disintegrating". do you feel like we're doing well?
I feel like we have lynched at least one scum and probably two. So yeah I am cautiously optimistic.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I’d love to get Nutella back if we could. I wonder if the vanished get to use their powers since they’re technically alive
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 am Consider that we have "three doctors" and "two cops" ... you'd have to assume that the roles don't always fire exactly as is right?

The result wasn’t a false result, it was a knowing lie. I brought posts from her iso of the day.
But then we're working under the assumption that we have somehow lynched scum ... every day?

You know that U-Pick was the first civ victory on the site in a job since Feb 2017? Why is it going so easy? When it seems too good to be true, it is. :srsnod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 am
I feel like we have lynched at least one scum and probably two. So yeah I am cautiously optimistic.
I feel like you’re finally seeing what I’m seeing.

Is it out of the realms of possibility Zephyrus was bad too?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 0: It's 'TIME' to get started

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:55 pmHere!

:suspish:

[VOTE: ColinisCool] aubergine
Sig is scum. Wrap it up.
Anyway I just want to say that if it does in fact turn out sig was bad that this was my first post lol
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 amI’d love to get Nutella back if we could. I wonder if the vanished get to use their powers since they’re technically alive
hahaha that would actually be cool as hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 am
I feel like you’re finally seeing what I’m seeing.

Is it out of the realms of possibility Zephyrus was bad too?
It's possible.

I have been seeing the game this way the entire game though. I am just doing my civilian duty and keeping everyone honest in the process.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:29 am

But then we're working under the assumption that we have somehow lynched scum ... every day?

You know that U-Pick was the first civ victory on the site in a job since Feb 2017? Why is it going so easy? When it seems too good to be true, it is. :srsnod:
I have sat through a couple of games where there were no civ lynches. It happens.

But Zephyrus, we would need to check his relationships in thread.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 0: It's 'TIME' to get started

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:55 pmHere!

:suspish:

[VOTE: ColinisCool] aubergine
Sig is scum. Wrap it up.
Anyway I just want to say that if it does in fact turn out sig was bad that this was my first post lol
Your day one gut is actually a fucking God.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 amI feel like we have lynched at least one scum and probably two. So yeah I am cautiously optimistic.
with an emphasis on caution.

every new poll im surprised at how few names there are, if we've failed to lynch any mafia at all yet we could be at lylo soon
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 amI feel like we have lynched at least one scum and probably two. So yeah I am cautiously optimistic.
with an emphasis on caution.

every new poll im surprised at how few names there are, if we've failed to lynch any mafia at all yet we could be at lylo soon
Preaching to the choir
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It’s worth remembering this is essentially a rolemadness heist.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 am It’s worth remembering this is essentially a rolemadness heist.
Well that's good because I never lose heists and side missions but I have yet to win a single job in my entire time here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden humour me.

If one of Scotty, Spacedaisy and myself was bad. But only one. And you had a gun to your head. Tell me who it is?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 amPreaching to the choir
i never understand this expression, is the idea that the choir already came to church practice so they're already familiar with the sermon, or is it that the choir is typically located behind the priest and so by preaching to them, the priest is facing away from the church audience and kinda looking like a doofus and also the choir is singing rn so they can't hear what you're saying anyways like hey what's the deal?

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] can you confirm this
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45 am Golden humour me.

If one of Scotty, Spacedaisy and myself was bad. But only one. And you had a gun to your head. Tell me who it is?
Daisy.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty can’t be.

Of you and her she’s the only one who’d do what the two of you did just to fool me.

BUT - what really sort of finally secured my faith in daisy is that I believe her night 2 was also town-focussed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I mean, you wouldn’t have known I was watching myself. So you couldn’t have targeted me to fool me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

alright so hey
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I guess the choir are already converted, Kyle. You should be preaching to the unwashed horde who will otherwise be damned for eternity?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

PS I still do read epi as town.

And Kyle.

I feel like we have a big town core.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i inherited nutella's role when she died and it is cool but kind of difficult to use in a positive way.

Return to “Previous Jobs”