Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 614

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Day 1: Better flush out the PP

Post by Golden »

Day 0/1
Spoiler: show
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 pm Zephyrus was an indy who was stealing people for his sexual cavern
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 am Zephyrus and Quin, who do you think we should lynch?
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:13 am
Quin wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 am nutella is a civ and either one of mac and golden is bad :beer:
This.

I think it’s Golden. He’s super cautious with his wording and he’s slognrly agreeable to many people’s thoughts without actually committing. So he’s voting Quin.

But I’m keeping my vote on Zeph :beer:
Why would you keep your vote on Zeph then?
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:27 am
Quin wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 am nutella is a civ and either one of mac and golden is bad :beer:
This.

I think it’s Golden. He’s super cautious with his wording and he’s slognrly agreeable to many people’s thoughts without actually committing. So he’s voting Quin.

Because at least Golden is contributing
But scum don’t actually contribute to a pro-town effort :confused:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 pm The ISO glance I just did confirmed that there are several users whose contributions/interactions thus far mirror Zephyrus’ or are off-topic: Lapluie, Lunalee, Choutas, Spacedaisy. Y’all should tell us who feels fishy.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm I am also wondering if Epi’s characterization of Zephyrus here is something the rest of you agree with.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:41 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 pm Image
Let's do some time stuff!
Invited people to do stuff.

Has done nothing.

[VOTE: Zephyrus] aubergine
I agree with the base argument that it is a likely scumtell if someone attempts to adopt an appearance of contributing without actually doing the work. I am not so sure that’s what Zephyrus is doing.

Put it this way: is his statement closer to “People should figure out who’s scum” (an invitation to do stuff) or “I am here and ready for the game” (a statement related to speef’s desire for us to check in). I am leaning toward the latter, but I want to hear from everybody else.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:22 pm I’ve speed-ISO’d Scotty, Golden, Zephyrus, Epignosis and a few others who will remain unnamed for now but I’m not exactly satisfied with my findings. Neither Scotty nor Golden look that great so maybe buzzed Colin was onto something.
For what's it worth, colin spent most of the rest of day 1 pushing basically 'golden and scotty are bad'. One point in the ok column is that he found sig weird, but he never actually pushed for a sig lynch there, I'll see what day two brings. Possibly fine for sig's team to suspect him in the circumstances.

Be back for day 2 in a bit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 592

Re: Retrocausality Mafia - Night 3: Enter the domain of Chronos

Post by MacDougall »

I just want to see the characters revealed so that I can see what characters there are and nerd out over them tbh.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 353
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

it never even occurred to me that even scrooge was a time traveler until this game tbh
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wbensSe acorog
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:03 am Day 0/1
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 pm Zephyrus was an indy who was stealing people for his sexual cavern
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 am Zephyrus and Quin, who do you think we should lynch?
This.

This.

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 pm The ISO glance I just did confirmed that there are several users whose contributions/interactions thus far mirror Zephyrus’ or are off-topic: Lapluie, Lunalee, Choutas, Spacedaisy. Y’all should tell us who feels fishy.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm I am also wondering if Epi’s characterization of Zephyrus here is something the rest of you agree with.

Has done nothing.

I agree with the base argument that it is a likely scumtell if someone attempts to adopt an appearance of contributing without actually doing the work. I am not so sure that’s what Zephyrus is doing.

Put it this way: is his statement closer to “People should figure out who’s scum” (an invitation to do stuff) or “I am here and ready for the game” (a statement related to speef’s desire for us to check in). I am leaning toward the latter, but I want to hear from everybody else.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:22 pm I’ve speed-ISO’d Scotty, Golden, Zephyrus, Epignosis and a few others who will remain unnamed for now but I’m not exactly satisfied with my findings. Neither Scotty nor Golden look that great so maybe buzzed Colin was onto something.
For what's it worth, colin spent most of the rest of day 1 pushing basically 'golden and scotty are bad'. One point in the ok column is that he found sig weird, but he never actually pushed for a sig lynch there, I'll see what day two brings. Possibly fine for sig's team to suspect him in the circumstances.

The reason I am not seeing him as bad is because I feel that he has been really seeing things the way I have. He has the same tinfoil suspects and he has asked good questions. I also have seen him attack and defend a lot of the players and I personally go out of my way to do that as scum BECAUSE I know most scum don't do that.

I also proactively defend scummates but I do that BECAUSE other scum player tend not to.

So if Colin is bad he is doing a good job imo because he is doing everything that I do when bad that wins me games. :nicenod:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wbenwzoer scworge
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK.

I'm Marty McFly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:08 am OK.

I'm Marty McFly.
Ha! And he's the Doc. Okay interesting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:07 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:03 am Day 0/1
This.

This.

Has done nothing.

The reason I am not seeing him as bad is because I feel that he has been really seeing things the way I have. He has the same tinfoil suspects and he has asked good questions. I also have seen him attack and defend a lot of the players and I personally go out of my way to do that as scum BECAUSE I know most scum don't do that.

I also proactively defend scummates but I do that BECAUSE other scum player tend not to.

So if Colin is bad he is doing a good job imo because he is doing everything that I do when bad that wins me games. :nicenod:
For now, all I'm doing is demonstrating what he's been against. He was clearly against Zephyrus as outlayed. I won't provide too much in the way of value judgments over the top. I personally think his gameplan has been to slyly redirect the thread away from his team and towards an alternate outcome, not putting himself far wrong of a town meta but very carefully protecting his teammates without being too overt. The Luna day is particularly important.

I agree, much like a Mac baddie game (or a golden one). It's also one of the only ways to catch MP and probably Jay.

But, most go for a bit now. Be back later.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I bet speedchuck got his character list from here. Ebenezer Scrooge is 21 on it and I doubt he'd appear as a time traveler anywhere else.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Who is Austin Powers damn it! I need to know.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

is squidward on the list
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 215

Post by Spacedaisy »

First off, I'm sorry to miss the vote. Tonight did not go the way I anticipated. We had a last minute game night come together. I missed my sim and that's ok because soon I am moving away from these people and I will miss them. :(

Now, I am catching up and will post my thoughts as I go. I will not filter them, so if you read something that disagrees with you because of something that came later just hang in there and see if my opinion changes later in the post. K? Here we go...

Epi/Golden exchange:

Golden most definitely has tried to get on the same page. He has tried to move Scotty and I off each other vote wise, he has tried to get me to move to luna instead of TH. He has definitely been trying to get us to move places he thinks are better. he just didn't in the last round. I think it is silly to jump on him about it for one day. Epi, you can explore any question you want, but him denying or refuting what you say or questioning you doing it, doesn't mean you are somehow being denied the right to do so. I think you are civ, so I would ask you to please stick it out with us. We need civs to play the game. And I appreciate your input.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:34 am When I get the "OMG SCOTTY AND SPACEDAISY AND MACDOUGALL ARE 100% CIVILIANS" role I'll be sure to put forth some effort in a game with zero flips and nothing for me to advance on but everybody's word.
Mac has expressed similar things. I get you guys don't have any reason to believe it. I don't expect you to just fall in line. I've done things to prove myself to Golden. It is not related to his role. I could have done this for you, but I believed Golden was civ, and his treatment of me since then I feel has confirmed that in my mind, this is by no means 100%, but I feel confident in it. And I have yet to see any reason to change my mind. For the last time, Golden's role has nothing to do with why he trusts me. Mine does. I don't have a fantastic role, but I did my part to try and further the town PoE. You guys can doubt it, you can yell about it, but it just is what it is. you are free to suspect me, Golden, Scotty, whoever you please. But we will continue to trust the people we feel have proven their town alignment.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:52 am
Golden wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:58 pm If Golden and Scotty are "a pair" why aren't they voting together?
What kind of question is this? We still have our own opinions.
If you are both utterly convinced that the other one is a civ then why are you not making more of an effort in the thread to unify your vote to achieve what you need?

Seems fishy to me.
Just because you 100% believe someone to be a civ, doesn't mean you think they're right. And in every lynch up until yesterday Golden was doing exactly what you are saying he didn't do. Then yesterday he had a family situation and told us all up front he couldn't be here as much. So I really don't see your argument here.

All that said, I really think we are seeing civs arguing with each other.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 am The players who have been vanished have been particularly bizarre choices in my opinion and I feel like that should be analysed.
this was an excellent point. What do you think of the vanished?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:07 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 am There’s only been two at night. Nutella said she had a cool role. Quin claimed cop. Inhs vanishing is odd but happened during the day.
Quin's cop claim wasn't the most believable and Nutella's cool role could have been anything and when compared with the forming town bloc I would have been much more want to kill you, Spacedaisy or Scotty on night 2 than Quin. Especially you.

Which in my opinion means the scum are either IN the bloc or are comfortable with it's existence. Why would they be comfortable? Maybe the bloc is barking up the wrong tree? Or perhaps with the existence of doctors they are trying to work around that.

I am just really doubtful that in this game that one of Epi, Golden, Spacedaisy or Scotty wouldn't draw a mafia role card if I didn't.

Speedchuck are the kind of host that randomly assigns roles or do you put the Mafia team together to ensure it's a solid unit?

Linki: I already have protected you tonight Scotty.
Damn, if one of yo doctors could protect me tonight, it would sure be nice to know I will be here tomorrow and hopefully be able to have been useful tonight.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:19 am if we don't prove turnip head's win condition tonight i think he needs to be lynched. I'm concerned with the lack of effort im seeing from him to achieve his wincon. he didn't coordinate his night 3 prediction with me at all and i don't even know if he sent one at all. he didn't coordinate night 1's target with me either (though to be fair that one was kind of obvious?) and only coordinated night 2 with me after being prompted
Frankly, this would make me less suspicious of TH, his claim is relatively tame in this game, and if we seemed unwilling to work with him, I could see why he might get bored. His behavior in thread would seem to me to line up with that.
Golden wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:33 am I’d love to get Nutella back if we could. I wonder if the vanished get to use their powers since they’re technically alive
I second this.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:53 am i inherited nutella's role when she died and it is cool but kind of difficult to use in a positive way.
well that's good, and I didn't expect that claim. this game has my brain all twisted.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 am i can pull people's last night actions into tonight, and make them happen now instead of then
Wait, are you saying you can do this or have done this, or both? Can I suggest using it on someone you really suspect of being bad? Because if you happen to hit a baddie carrying out the vanishing, it will be delayed and you'll know it was them when it shows up tomorrow with two vanishings instead.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 am scotty I think? in hopes of doctoring whoever his night 1 target was again
No wait, I think I am misunderstanding. So you can basically replicate someone's activity the following night?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 am And speedchuck if you didn't do any of this stuff I am speculating please do it for Retrocausality 2. :D

Spacedaisy you been watching the thread for ages what you doin?
Catching up, you maniacs keep posting and everytime I think I'm on the last page you've added another!

I'm unsure why there is all this role name claiming when the host explicitly discouraged it. Also, I'm jealous because I don't have a cool flavor role like that. mine is kind of generic. :shrug:

Mac, I will prove myself to you, but... I need a name. Just remember later that I said that, ok?

I tried to prove myself to Scotty, I'm not sure he really caught what I was putting out there though :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Finally caught up and everyone left. Well ok. Guess I'll go write.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, colin day 2.
First - I note that he had called sig 'weird' along with me and scotty on day 1, but had only gone after me and scotty. He also clarified 'weird' meant 'bad'.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:47 am I feel like, if scum, Quin would have to be crazy to lie about this at the very beginning of the game. That makes me inclined to believe him. But Golden has a really good point — without flips, what are we supposed to do, lynch them both? Don’t like that.
It took Colin a full 24 hours into day 2 and the discussion and me expressly asking him for gth reads on all players for him to repeat his read on sig... before that he provided no particular push towards sig (or inh).

All in all though, his sig reads are the most 'not bad with a sig team' aspect. I tend to think sig is the easiest bus given he was actually originally asking to be lynched by day three anyway, and Colin knew he was going to get himself out of that pickle.
On to Luna day 2
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 pm OK, I will tell you about it.

I’m a vote predictor. I get an extra vote on days following a night poll where I successfully predict the winner.

So why would your wincon be something that I should reasonably be expected to do a few times over?

Nah. You’re not telling the truth.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm [VOTE: TURNIP HEAD] aubergine
Fine for now... then I make the case against Luna.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 am I’ll try to reassess Luna and some others today. Imo the worst thing in that ISO is that backtrack.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 pm I have a question for people who are pro-Turnip
Head: why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm If that really was it, Golden, I don’t think that’s good enough rationale to trust Turnip Head, given the fact that I’ve already provided evidence that he’s lying. You have all these big theories about sig’s power and his motivations but apply none of that creative thinking to Turnip Head. You say that’s a meta-motivated distinction, but Turnip is not read in conventional ways.

I dislike Luna for reasons others have brought up, but I dislike Turnip a lot and your defense of him is uninspiring.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm Golden, your arguments since I asked for more have been more persuasive, but I’m now hung up on this: if TH is indie, what reason do we have to believe keeping him is to our advantage (aside from numbers)? When do we get rid of him? LYLO?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 pm Turbup Head has a short, short leash.

[VOTE: LUNALEE] aubergine
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm Golden, your arguments since I asked for more have been more persuasive, but I’m now hung up on this: if TH is indie, what reason do we have to believe keeping him is to our advantage (aside from numbers)? When do we get rid of him? LYLO?
this argument ignores the premise that if turnip head is telling the truth he's gonna go away on his own, and if he doesn't vanish then it's already in our best interest to lynch him. It's not even a dilemma.

the argument for keeping an indie turnip head isn't that it's to our advantage, it's that lynching him is a waste of resources and attention when we can just see if he vanishes or not.
He might not go away if we don’t let him, and he may not align in a pro-town manner. In AG, two indies aligned with the scumteam at endgame and it made all the difference.
that seems like a really good reason to just let him predict correctly then? I dont see what the problem there is. letting turnip head live but purposefully depriving him of his wincon is actually the worst option for everyone involved, I don't think anyone is suggesting we do that.
So it’s not possible to you, at all, that Turnip Head is lying about his wincon, and how fucking low of a threshold it is?
Colin, if some spooky dude tells you you're gonna get visited by 3 ghosts later that night do you call the liar police immediately to send him to liars jail or do you wait til that night to find out if the thing about ghosts was true just in case? obviously you gotta wait for the ghosts.

it doesn't matter if what he's said seems true or not when his statement can be at least partially verified without extra work or resources
OK. You’re not seeing my position and haven’t attempted to do so. I do the same thing as Turnip Head without the super easy wincon. Mechanically, how does it make sense that he wins the game by doing something I am expected to do via my role with better-than-average frequency?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 pm Changed my mind.

I’ll say who else I think is bad.

Colin. I think the initial attempt to save Luna was indirect - find an alternate target.
And pray tell when did I try to save Luna?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:44 pm You are constantly jumping at the chance to tell everyone how nice Turbup is and why we should line up to give him a big sloppy kiss. You’re more interested in preserving him than you have been in lynching scum.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 pm Hey guys. sorry I've been away. It looks like I'm a gonner, so I'm going to just throw this out there. I have a cop role. I checked sig last night, and saw he was town.
Da fuq
I did say I'd present this essentially without commentary. But I'll at least explain what I see.

I see someone who read the case on Luna and said they'd reassess her, but showed no evidence of reassessing her.
I see someone who fought for a TH lynch all day, and never fought for a Luna lynch, even after he switched his vote. Particularly that second to last quote which was aimed at Kyle.
I see someone whose vote switch to Luna was arbitrary and unexplained, and read like he still preferred a TH vote.
I see a reaction to Luna's lie that was... incredibly cursory and incomplete.

I think Colin's behaviour on this day presents like a person who saw (and knew) that the case on Luna had merit, preserved his position on it, but then ignored it to push a TH counterwagon until a continued fight against the Luna wagon was unsustainable, and then flipped to Luna with no convinction to be on the right wagon.

Tell me why I'm wrong?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden, you’re wrong because you’re seeing what you want to see. From my perspective you’ve worked backwards from the notion that I’m scum instead of trying to find the evidence first. This is Mafia, IF I am scum then yeah, everything will be insincere or strategic but if I’m not then it’s not.

I have no idea what you want from me in some of those posts; are you really saying that me saying “Da fuq” points to me being Luna’s teammate? Why would I need to help argue for the Luna wagon if it was me planting a vote on a done deal? What is “evidence of reassessing” someone: do you want me to film a video of me reading your posts?

I’m sure you’re going to read this as “Colin is getting mad that I’m right,” but first of all I’m not mad I’m chilling. I’m just doing my due diligence as a townie because I inevitably get tunneled every game by someone for the whole game when I’m civ (dunya in U-Pick) and while I don’t know if I can be of any help in Vanishedland I know I’m town and so lynching me ain’t a percentage move.

As far as Turnip Head goes you all are ignoring over and over again that I feel that my role categorically implies TH is lying and if he’s lying I feel like he has something anti-town to hide. I don’t expect you to have my role power but it’s exactly the same as your whole bugaboo with people not trusting you and Scotty together and having to explain your mechanical relation to him over and over and over. It’s really strange to me that you can’t actually empathize with me on that.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Idk how to feel about Kyle changing his tune on Turnip Head either but I don’t see why he would suddenly think it’s not a “waste of resources” to lynch him especially if he’s not even trying to coordinate to get his wincon as Kyle attested.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 96

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:11 am I bet speedchuck got his character list from here. Ebenezer Scrooge is 21 on it and I doubt he'd appear as a time traveler anywhere else.
As if I would be so boring as to use lists when I've seen so many time travel shows. :pout:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And my role is Asahina Mikuru who is apparently a boom anime babe of which there absolutely has to be 500 TB of hentai on the Internet for
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Also I forget where Mac said it in the novel of posts that occurred while I was asleep but I agree that the Paradox Police probably have some of the bigger scum powers or at least ones that fuck with us on a more spiritual level than we’re used to, it seems reasonable given the line-up of multiple town roles and all that jazz.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JULIETS HAS REPLACED GOLDEN
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi everyone! I started out reading this game, then got confused and started playing another game so I dropped reading this one. Big mistake. I'll read the rules and the host posts and then what would you suggest? I don't know that I can back read everything - are there things I should know that any of you can share with me? Certain people whose iso's you would suggest I read? Any advice or info would be helpful.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden claimed to know that Scotty was townfirmed through the nature of his role sometime around the end of D1 so that would be a good place to start.

I think we basically have consensus that sig and Luna were scum but if anybody disagrees I guess this is the speak now moment. It would really behoove you to start from the beginning but I understand that’s so much text.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks Colin for the info. I will read as much of the thread as possible. I just dipped my toes in a couple of places and there seems like there are a lot of things going on that I need background on. I'll keep up with actions going forward as well and try to contribute. I normally ask a lot of questions to probe people but this game I'm likely to ask even more questions since I'm not fully informed. Please forgive me in advance for things I ask which have already been covered.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Was Golden able to leave you his knowledge before he replaced out [mention]juliets[/mention] ?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:46 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 am i can pull people's last night actions into tonight, and make them happen now instead of then
Wait, are you saying you can do this or have done this, or both? Can I suggest using it on someone you really suspect of being bad? Because if you happen to hit a baddie carrying out the vanishing, it will be delayed and you'll know it was them when it shows up tomorrow with two vanishings instead.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 am scotty I think? in hopes of doctoring whoever his night 1 target was again
No wait, I think I am misunderstanding. So you can basically replicate someone's activity the following night?
my ability targets a players recent past action and makes it happen the night I targeted them from. if all my action did was make a yesternight death into a tonight death then i don't think that would be noticably represented, unless speedchuck wrote in the night post "quin has vanished again" idk I haven't actually asked. I just assumed it wouldn't work like that
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm Was Golden able to leave you his knowledge before he replaced out @juliets ?
No, though I have some very limited info from speed which frankly doesn't help me much (not your fault speed).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

This sets us back if he didn’t get to communicate why he trusted me. Meh.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 am Idk how to feel about Kyle changing his tune on Turnip Head either but I don’t see why he would suddenly think it’s not a “waste of resources” to lynch him especially if he’s not even trying to coordinate to get his wincon as Kyle attested.
in that moment i was feeling really unsure about the sig lynch. turnip head seemed like a decent low damage just in case alternative. I feel a little better about how the sig lynch went now, if I'd been around to post I don't think I'd have made the same choice

did you say what your power was? the one that gets charged up by guessing election results?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:22 pm This sets us back if he didn’t get to communicate why he trusted me. Meh.
I'll ask the question and see if I get an answer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So the poll doesn't seem to have a time. Looks like Golden already voted so I guess I don't need to worry about it but when does night end? Anybody know?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:23 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 am Idk how to feel about Kyle changing his tune on Turnip Head either but I don’t see why he would suddenly think it’s not a “waste of resources” to lynch him especially if he’s not even trying to coordinate to get his wincon as Kyle attested.
in that moment i was feeling really unsure about the sig lynch. turnip head seemed like a decent low damage just in case alternative. I feel a little better about how the sig lynch went now, if I'd been around to post I don't think I'd have made the same choice

did you say what your power was? the one that gets charged up by guessing election results?
I get an extra vote ... this is kinda the crux of my whole thing vs Turnip Head, his wincon doesn’t make sense if all I get is one more vote.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 pm So the poll doesn't seem to have a time. Looks like Golden already voted so I guess I don't need to worry about it but when does night end? Anybody know?
They’ve typically been ending around 10 PM EST I think
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head you sly bitch get in here and say things, I know you’re watching
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

For the record I’m not chuffed about giving into Turbup’s demands but I don’t think there’s anything anybody’s gonna do about it now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 pm For the record I’m not chuffed about giving into Turbup’s demands but I don’t think there’s anything anybody’s gonna do about it now.
So what is he demanding?

Also, I am halfway through Golden's posts - 12 pages of them - and am going to take a break and do my pool therapy. Does anyone else have any tidbits to pass along to me that I should pay careful attention to while reading? I'm convinced by just the mission to read 12 pages that I probably won't get through all 61, at least not today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head has claimed to be an indie with a wincon of correctly predicting 2 night elections, at which point he will leave the game victorious while the rest of us compete to join him.

I’m skeptical because my role as a town election predictor just gives me an extra vote, so I feel my role reward is mechanically incompatible with his. Most other people have reacted ranging from “TH’s story is so weird that he can’t be lying” to “Let’s just give him what he wants and test his veracity that way” to “IDGAF.” I’ll leave you to come to your own conclusion
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 34

Post by lapluie »

hi all, don't think I can catch up, would need replacement as I'm on a holiday. So sorry Goodluck
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:14 pm Turnip Head has claimed to be an indie with a wincon of correctly predicting 2 night elections, at which point he will leave the game victorious while the rest of us compete to join him.

I’m skeptical because my role as a town election predictor just gives me an extra vote, so I feel my role reward is mechanically incompatible with his. Most other people have reacted ranging from “TH’s story is so weird that he can’t be lying” to “Let’s just give him what he wants and test his veracity that way” to “IDGAF.” I’ll leave you to come to your own conclusion
OOOOOh very interesting. Two people claiming the same role in addition to what I've picked up reading Golden that two people are also claiming doctor. I'll have to think about this though my gut reaction is let's test his veracity. What are the downsides of this alternative? If it's not true I think I would assume he was bad and vote for him for lynch. Did he guess Scotty for tonight 'cause looks like he's gonna win unless theres a last minute changeover. I'll ponder this situation while in the pool.

linki: oh so sorry to hear that lap but have a good vacation

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

It’s a cost-benefit analyis thing with TH. Ultimately I’m more leery of the costs than I am inclined to believe there’s a clear benefit I guess.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]juliets[/mention] hi
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:43 pm @juliets hi
hi Kyle!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]juliets[/mention]

epignosis, scotty, and mac are oops all doctors

scotty and spacedaisy and I think someone else are all town if you have a town role card, if you don't then who knows i guess

turnip head and i are mixmasons and he's claimed an indie with a predict 2 elections win condition, it's like this whole thing. we'll hopefully resolve it tonight.

I am the christmas time ghost warlock played by, Michael Caine.

colin says he's a guy who gets an extra vote when he predicts night votes

sig and luna wree hopefully mafia but maybe they weren't and we're fucked but hopefully they were and we're doing fine but who knows

those are the main points.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

is Ebenezer Scrooge a warlock? he communes with demons but like.... it was the demons' choice. They definitely made the first move.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:59 pm is Ebenezer Scrooge a warlock? he communes with demons but like.... it was the demons' choice. They definitely made the first move.
I always thought they were benevolent spirits and not demons?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm epignosis, scotty, and mac are oops all doctors

scotty and spacedaisy and I think someone else are all town if you have a town role card, if you don't then who knows i guess

turnip head and i are mixmasons and he's claimed an indie with a predict 2 elections win condition, it's like this whole thing. we'll hopefully resolve it tonight.

sig and luna wree hopefully mafia but maybe they weren't and we're fucked but hopefully they were and we're doing fine but who knows

:disappoint:

Looks an awful lot like you're maybe taking advantage of whatever the prevailing narratives are in the thread and easily trusting other people for reasons unclear to me, bud
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lapluie has requested replacement!

I don't have another certain replacement until Marmot returns on the 27th. I'll be looking for one, then I will figure out what to do about it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm

epignosis, scotty, and mac are oops all doctors

rip my pool therapy it's raining

What is a mixmason? And Kyle have you said what the Christmas time ghost does?

Also Kyle I don't quite get the meaning of this sentence:
"scotty and spacedaisy and I think someone else are all town if you have a town role card, if you don't then who knows I guess"

You think someone else are all town? who? Or is there a word or two missing from the sentence?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”