Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Moderator: Community Team

Season 2?

Courage 2024: Naugthy Mafia Edition (Yes)
100%
Not getting out of this chair (No)
No votes
Blablabla when's Outpost starting (Pass)
No votes

Total votes: 10
Fractal
The Mark
Posts in topic: 270

Re: [Day 5] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Fractal »

ah, i also want to compile a list of all dead towns' reads and see if there's any overlap. Idk if i'll have enough time though. If someone could do that it would probably be worth a lot.

(for example if most dead towns had a townread on someone, that's likely correct, and if several of them share a suspicion, we should take a better look that that person)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Fractal[/mention] you're doing that thing again that I find you suspicious for
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am @Fractal you're doing that thing again that I find you suspicious for
Wanna explain what it is?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am @Fractal you're doing that thing again that I find you suspicious for
Explaining things is for adults, I just fuckin' feel it :keys:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Ricochet »

Attention thread. Some of you are not complying with a certain task you've received. Consider this a warning, next time there will be sanctions applied.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

King Ramses wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:33 pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHH. SOORRRRYYYYY RAMSEEEEEEEES, FORGIIIIIVE MEEEEEEEEEEEE
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 329

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have to wonder just what the hell the utility of Ramses doing that is.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 am
IIIIIIIIIIIIIF ITS THE POOOOOOOOOOST STRUCTUUUUUUUUUURE THEEEEEN IT'S COMPLEEEEEEETELY NAIIIIIIIIIII FOR MEEEEEEEEEE. OOOOOOR IS IIIIIIIIIIIIT THE REEEEEEEEEEEASONS THEEEEEEEEEEEEEMSEEEEEEEEEELVES THAT PIIIIIIIIIIIING YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

ANSWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER MEEEEEEE OOOOR IIIII'LL MAAAAKE MY OOOOOOOOOWN CUUUUUUUUUUURSE
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 303

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:08 am I have to wonder just what the hell the utility of Ramses doing that is.
Incentive for town to hunt him maybe?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:09 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 am
IIIIIIIIIIIIIF ITS THE POOOOOOOOOOST STRUCTUUUUUUUUUURE THEEEEEN IT'S COMPLEEEEEEETELY NAIIIIIIIIIII FOR MEEEEEEEEEE. OOOOOOR IS IIIIIIIIIIIIT THE REEEEEEEEEEEASONS THEEEEEEEEEEEEEMSEEEEEEEEEELVES THAT PIIIIIIIIIIIING YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?
I think it's a pile of small things that I've shaped into a molehill-sized mountain.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 am (for example if most dead towns had a townread on someone, that's likely correct, and if several of them share a suspicion, we should take a better look that that person)
Mmmmm I dunno about that. Most townies are wrong most of the time and most scum teams aren’t transparent enough to kill someone just for suspecting them (WIFOM I guess). Someone can try but I’m leery.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] what do you think overall of fractal recently
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Is overall a word or am I just high
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am @ColinIsCool what do you think overall of fractal recently
He hasn’t even acknowledged the charges against him which is very bold. If INH is scum I don’t think putting that ISO together precludes him from bussing him. But until we have INH figured out, it’s all theory.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:46 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am @ColinIsCool what do you think overall of fractal recently
He hasn’t even acknowledged the charges against him which is very bold. If INH is scum I don’t think putting that ISO together precludes him from bussing him. But until we have INH figured out, it’s all theory.
But like isn't it weird that he sorta just came in with two breakdowns on INH and Marmot and then sorta scurried away again? Like he was gaguing the temperature of the thread, in a way? In like a naughty way?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

An iNH/fractal scum team could be at the bottom of the barrel morale-wise. I think they're both phoning it in a bit.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Niju ISO:

Towny things:
I'm not a big fan of the Dom votes. In the last games I've played with him, he's been fairly detached and more self-deprecating than I'd like :hug:, and I don't remember him being bad because of it, yet I'm seeing these as reasons to vote him. Am I misinterpreting?
This defense seems genuine, and her nutella vote later on for nutella voting Dom also makes sense to me
Bleck, but it's not even a case. It's more of one than "lap's not posting," but hardly.
Like the tone, it's kind of snarky in a towny way.
What do you want out of nutella by this statement? More speculation? I'm curious. The interaction makes me eyeball both of you for different reasons.
Can't quite express why, but i like this string of sentences.
Yes, my vote is slightly contradicting what I've just said about low-lying players (hell, even as I'm writing it, I'm second-guessing the crap out of myself, as this tie is more favorable than yesterday's IMO), but I'm going with nutella since I feel the stronger ping the more I read her.
I read this whole paragraph as genuine
the gist was that I felt like Colin's response to nutella's accusations was a-OK - calm, collected, and stern. I felt like nutella was throwing around poop to see what stuck.
You literally say it like every other post. That's what makes me itch. Like leaving her on the back burner.
Accusationary/aggressive. Like.
nijuukyugou wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:24 pm Okay more like seven pages of catch up, but who's counting? And I'm still going. But
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm Vompatti can be kept around or lynched, who the hell knows. Blooper pings me a little for reasons I can’t quite articulate. Lapluie hasn’t been here so I can’t say one way or another what she is, along with Marmot.
Story of my life, dude - people say this shit about me all the time. But anyways

What the hell happened yesterday? I know I'm looking at stuff in retrospect, knowing the results, so I have not much room to talk/criticize, but that Vomps wagon came from virtually nowhere. Colin, you were gung-ho about nutella and said multiple times to lynch her if you were gone, yet you switched so easily over to being convinced by Fractal. In fact, reading your posts from yesterday and today, I'm seeing perhaps why people were starting to wagon on you yesterday. The only person you place any consistent suspicion on is nutella. You touch on others, just barely, just lightly placing possible suspicion on them. To me, this looks like what I thought nutella was doing with you and others - throwing shit to see what sticks and who'll go after it. In the case with Vomps, you, Fractal, and speed don't come out of that looking good to me.

Yuck. Okay, continuing my read.
The towniest post she's made. A long string of accusations which all flows really well in terms of it seems like she believes what she's saying. Would be kinda impressed if this was a scum post tbh. Actually, MAYBE could be if they're both scum and she knows she's right. But I don't think that's the case.
Errr, because I'm not bad? Because people's reasoning for voting, from what I understand, is because they "feel weird" about me, which is not a reason, and is why Vomps got mislynched. Some of them have even said they "can't explain why" - they just "have a feeling." :evileye: This happens to me quite often, and it drives me nuts. I've contributed and voted my convictions, and have been candid about those things.
Like the tone, I believe it.

Scummy things:
I am intrigued by the discussion of Ramses and who might be posting as the sock. The Rico theory makes sense based on what's playing, but also, it would be really weird, since Ramses is a role, if that player couldn't control the sock. This is a weird ass game, after all, but it's worth exploring as we continue to play.
-Don't like this for reasons stated earlier (about scum being pro ramses-speculation)

-The Nutella vote d2 over LC, a minus even though I didn't hate the way she ended up there.

Conclusion: There's several posts i just find so genuine that even with the Nutella vote, I get out of this ISO with a strong townread.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 am
But like isn't it weird that he sorta just came in with two breakdowns on INH and Marmot and then sorta scurried away again? Like he was gaguing the temperature of the thread, in a way? In like a naughty way?
Yes, I can see that. I admit this is a pretty severe turnaround on Fractal but circumstantially it makes sense.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 am
That's simply false.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

T.H, please explain how you read me doing thorough ISO's on key people I needed info on as "phoning it in"?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Fractal, there was quite a bit of talk about you in the last phase so if you have time check it out.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:58 am Fractal, there was quite a bit of talk about you in the last phase so if you have time check it out.
I think i've skimmed most of the phase. Not sure there was more comments about me than that i've been lacking content compared to early on + that my vote on Scotty looks pretty bad, which I agree with. You wanna bring me up to date if there's something else?
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Sweden's match starts now and then i'll be away training. So likely i'll be back 4 hours before EoD or something like that. Might check in during the break to answer questions if there are any
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am T.H, please explain how you read me doing thorough ISO's on key people I needed info on as "phoning it in"?
To me it looks like you're doing it for the thread's benefit rather than trying to hunt for yourself.

Have a beer tho we can hash this out like gents :beer: :llama:
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

right now my look on the game looks something like this:

Confident towns, think 0 scum in here, max 1:

Speed, Niju, Kyle

I have townleans on all of these but there must be at least 1, maybe 2 scum in here:

Colin*
Marmot
Dom 2.0
Golden*
sig*

neutral:
T.H*

Slight scum:
insertnamehere

* = People i haven't looked close at in too long, and i'm gonna take a look at next time I got time for it.
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:04 am
Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am T.H, please explain how you read me doing thorough ISO's on key people I needed info on as "phoning it in"?
To me it looks like you're doing it for the thread's benefit rather than trying to hunt for yourself.

Have a beer tho we can hash this out like gents :beer: :llama:
Not mainly no (though one of my goals is to make people realize i'm town to avoid getting mislynched).

What gives you the impression I don't care about what I'm finding?

Beer is meh, i'll take a cider though, thanks!
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

out for now
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I think what TH is getting at is that these ISO's aren't really reflective of pursuing or pressuring. They're like readlists, or rainbow lists, and they only substantiate already-held opinions in the topic. It looks like a lot of work, and I'm sure it is, but it's not hunting so much as it is summarizing.

Example: Your Niju ISO calls her genuine and notes her town-tone over and over, which is what I and a few others have been saying for 5 pages.
Your INH ISO brings up his lynch of LC and then all the scum things that have been mentioned to death.

And such.

The ISO's look like more than they are, and that might be what TH is picking up on. Generally, if content in the thread seems like it is self-inflated, that gives scummy feels because scum want to generate town-looking content without generating content.

-

On the flipside, your Marmot ISO is something I'll need to look closer at, and I don't want to poop all over town effort. You haven't been here as much, so this may just be a vocal way of catching up. I'm still at :eye: , not :charlieblackmon: .

I got linki'd and I am a mindreader. Im in ur hed, TH.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Well, hell :puppy:

I'll be back after breakfast and Star Trek. Gotta start the day off right.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

As for consensus, that's fair I guess? But my goal isn't to find stuff that goles against the consensus, it's to find what I believe to be true, regardless of what the rest think.

"The ISO's look like more than they are" I don't agree? I looked over their ISO's in full, and picked out what i found the most alignment indicative either way, and came to a conclusion of what i think. That should be exactly what they look like imo. I'm not gonna pick out the stuff i don't find AI unless it's something else i can parse from it.

"so this may just be a vocal way of catching up". It's not really my way of catching up, it's my way of getting myself a grip on the game as a whole by fitting pieces together. It's also a good way for others to see where they disagree/agree with me and to start discussions about relevant people
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Fractal wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am "so this may just be a vocal way of catching up". It's not really my way of catching up, it's my way of getting myself a grip on the game as a whole by fitting pieces together.
That's... the same thing. :keys:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

King Ramses wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am
MYYY EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Fractal's chi is off center or something
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 240

Post by sig »

So not to alarm anyone, but we've only got two more phases unless we hit mafia.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 pm So not to alarm anyone, but we've only got two more phases unless we hit mafia.
Including or not including this one?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Colin, Frac, TH, niju, Kyle
These 5 voted for Nutella on the day LC was lynched.
nutella is civ no way around that. So i think we'll find at least 1 maybe 2 mafia members in this group.

INH tied it between LC and Nutella, which could be a scum move yes, but isn't very solid.
Speed was an early vote on LC, which could've been distancing, but my gut says no.

Today I plan to look over Colin, Kyle, and Frac.

linki: including this one.

we've got 11 players removing Ramses since he's 3p its 7-3 mislynch and night kill 5-3 mislynch kill 3-3. So I guess it's actually two full phases then one more day phase assuming Ramses votes with the civ block.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:44 pm Colin, Frac, TH, niju, Kyle
nutella is civ no way around that. So i think we'll find at least 1 maybe 2 mafia members in this group.
I'm 95% sure Kyle is cleared.

TH and Fractal are not knowingly aligned IMO.

If Niju is scum, the previous lynch went down very oddly. And that would point even more to Fractal being scum, given his vote on Scotty.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:50 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:44 pm Colin, Frac, TH, niju, Kyle
I'm 95% sure Kyle is cleared.

TH and Fractal are not knowingly aligned IMO.

If Niju is scum, the previous lynch went down very oddly. And that would point even more to Fractal being scum, given his vote on Scotty.
are you sure or are you sure ;)

I could go for a nijue vote today, while I wanted to lynch INH before now I'm unsure.

It's also odd how mnay people jumped on the Scotty wagon when he was cursed. :ponder:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] How sure are you that Frac is mafia?
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:58 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:50 pm I'm 95% sure Kyle is cleared.
are you sure or are you sure ;)
Somewhere in the middle of the two.

I would probably stake the game on it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 pm @Turnip Head How sure are you that Frac is mafia?
50%
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

So these people appeared “cursed” by Ramses N1:

DDL
LC
Fractal
Marmot
TH
Blooper
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

N3:

Golden
Nutella
Speed
Kyle
Insertnamehere

N5:

Dom
Fractal
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think it’s pretty likely that Ramses reacted to their own posts at some point in the game to throw people off the scent. Either N1 or N3. My guess would be Marmot, Turnip Head, Blooper, Speed or INH. Not Golden because nova was inactive. Maybe not even Marmot then unless he’s been around more than I think.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Y’all know you gotta vote right
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

King Ramses wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAKEITSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

There is no night 5 yet
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”