So Do You Come Here Often?~ Intro's etc.

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 86

Re: So Do You Come Here Often?~ Intro's etc.

Post by dunya »

Welcome to The Syndicate [mention]Fractal[/mention]! Tell us a little about yourself and how you found us. :beer:
Fractal
The Mark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Fractal »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 am Welcome to The Syndicate Fractal! Tell us a little about yourself and how you found us. :beer:
Hello, and thank you! I'm not allowed to talk about why I came here in detail right now, but I'll do that when [redacted] is over. Anyway, I've played some forum games on Mafia Universe, but mostly i've played loads of mafia IRL at conventions and such since a couple of years back. How this community handles roles and such is different from what I'm used to but I'll see what I think about it once i try it out ^^.

I've read around a little, for example the "introduction to mafia" post. I understand that normally it's not allowed to claim things regarding your own role/results (unless the host says it is).
But is it allowed to generally speculate about role actions that's happend previous nights, or openly discuss what a specific role should do during coming nights to be most effective, as long as no one claims or hints at their own results/role? I just want to get a feel for where the lines are drawn so i don't make something prohibited in my first game, but also don't let any opportunities go to waste ^^.

[mention]dunya[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Fractal wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:13 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 am Welcome to The Syndicate Fractal! Tell us a little about yourself and how you found us. :beer:
Hello, and thank you! I'm not allowed to talk about why I came here in detail right now, but I'll do that when [redacted] is over. Anyway, I've played some forum games on Mafia Universe, but mostly i've played loads of mafia IRL at conventions and such since a couple of years back. How this community handles roles and such is different from what I'm used to but I'll see what I think about it once i try it out ^^.

I've read around a little, for example the "introduction to mafia" post. I understand that normally it's not allowed to claim things regarding your own role/results (unless the host says it is).
But is it allowed to generally speculate about role actions that's happend previous nights, or openly discuss what a specific role should do during coming nights to be most effective, as long as no one claims or hints at their own results/role? I just want to get a feel for where the lines are drawn so i don't make something prohibited in my first game, but also don't let any opportunities go to waste ^^.

dunya
How cool is that! Unlike you, I've never played mafia in real life yet (simply haven't met the right people, I guess!). I first started playing forum mafia around 2011? I think. :p I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday tbh. Loofah brain.

We have different setups here, closed and open setups, and claiming is either allowed or not allowed by the host of the game. Each game will have its own set of rules posted at the beginning of the game and players are encouraged to read through for new rules or special game mechanics. I don't think I've yet played 2 games with identical setups here yet which keeps things refreshing and fun! I was also a bit confused by the open setups that most hosts prefer here (and as such don't allow claiming), and wondered how anyone will be able to solve anything. :p I started playing on another website and there weren't all that many open setups to my knowledge. but it works... and yes, of course you can speculate as much as you want about role actions / night actions / and what you think specific roles should do (though you should be careful there because scum can also read the suggestions sometimes :p ).

I'm really excited to see you play and maybe play with you soon! Do you do better with a town or scum role? ;)
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 14

Post by sig »

Welcome! I've played a few games over on MU as well, what's your username over there?
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

@dunya
Welcome to the community!! Fractal, it is becoming more common to have games where you can claim your role/results in games. The host will usually specify in the rules whether it is allowed or not but if they don't, just shoot them a PM and ask them. We would love to have you jump into a game and in fact we are looking for just two more people for Courage the Cowardly Dog http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =33&t=1589 if you would like to sign up. Or, there is a smaller game called a heist in sign-ups (Friends) http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p458807. In addition to that we would be happy to have you join us on our Discord server https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/. Some of us hang out there, usually there are more at night but come anytime and see if anyone's there. It's very informal, just a place to talk. Again, welcome!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:27 am

dunya
How cool is that! Unlike you, I've never played mafia in real life yet (simply haven't met the right people, I guess!). I first started playing forum mafia around 2011? I think. :p I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday tbh. Loofah brain.

We have different setups here, closed and open setups, and claiming is either allowed or not allowed by the host of the game. Each game will have its own set of rules posted at the beginning of the game and players are encouraged to read through for new rules or special game mechanics. I don't think I've yet played 2 games with identical setups here yet which keeps things refreshing and fun! I was also a bit confused by the open setups that most hosts prefer here (and as such don't allow claiming), and wondered how anyone will be able to solve anything. :p I started playing on another website and there weren't all that many open setups to my knowledge. but it works... and yes, of course you can speculate as much as you want about role actions / night actions / and what you think specific roles should do (though you should be careful there because scum can also read the suggestions sometimes :p ).

I'm really excited to see you play and maybe play with you soon! Do you do better with a town or scum role? ;)
Cool, thanks!
When i started out i think i was better at scum since i didn't know how to find scum (what a suprise, right), but right now i'd like to believe my towngame is better for the most part :)
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

sig wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:30 am

Welcome! I've played a few games over on MU as well, what's your username over there?
Same as here :)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hey [mention]Fractal[/mention] -

if you want to dip your toes into a classic game of mafia with vanilla / scum and only 3 power roles - FRIENDS themed mafia is about to start soon. It's a sock-puppet game where you would be given another account to post from and no one is supposed to reveal who they are until they flip in the game. :) I believe the host will run this game at 24/24 cycles.

there's also another game with an open setup you can read about: Courage the Cowardly Dog themed. It has more game mechanics than the game above and more power roles and shenanigans that can happen. This one will not be a sockpuppet game but will also be fast paced, 24/24 cycles.

ohhh I got linki'd by juliets. ;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lol dunya and I with basically the same post!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

great minds [mention]juliets[/mention] :noble:
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

juliets wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:33 am

dunya
Welcome to the community!! Fractal, it is becoming more common to have games where you can claim your role/results in games. The host will usually specify in the rules whether it is allowed or not but if they don't, just shoot them a PM and ask them. We would love to have you jump into a game and in fact we are looking for just two more people for Courage the Cowardly Dog http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =33&t=1589 if you would like to sign up. Or, there is a smaller game called a heist in sign-ups (Friends) http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p458807. In addition to that we would be happy to have you join us on our Discord server https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/. Some of us hang out there, usually there are more at night but come anytime and see if anyone's there. It's very informal, just a place to talk. Again, welcome!
Haha, yeah, i've been just checking out that Courage game and was thinking of signing up. I'm going away 5-8 july, so was planning on sniping the last spot if it seemed like we were ready to start. Was planning on asking a couple of setup questions to the host actually. And thanks!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, @[mention]Fractal[/mention]! :yay:

I am so glad to see you've come and checked us out. Hopefully we can play a game together at some point too; I love playing with new people.

Hope you enjoy it here. Always happy to see new usernames. :D
Fractal
The Mark

Post by Fractal »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:20 pm Hello, @@Fractal! :yay:

I am so glad to see you've come and checked us out. Hopefully we can play a game together at some point too; I love playing with new people.

Hope you enjoy it here. Always happy to see new usernames. :D
looking forward to it! ^^
RobotNerd277
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RobotNerd277 »

Hi there, I'm RobotNerd277, and I just played a fantastic game with [mention]M Plus 7[/mention] on Mafia Universe, and I kind of want to see more of the community that bred such a fantastic mafia player. I'm not really like, an MU player, but my home forum is a lot more insular and basically impossible to derive a meta from.

I'm a chronically busy human being, but not generally a lowposter per the standards I am used to, but may be somewhat less than totally attentive in general? I play for fun, but winning is fun, and also, getting to know one another via mafia is also very much fun.

Anyways, I've been playing mafia on plenty of different sites since like 2012 and I want to try out this one maybe. Hope to see you all around!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RobotNerd277 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 pm Hi there, I'm RobotNerd277, and I just played a fantastic game with M Plus 7 on Mafia Universe, and I kind of want to see more of the community that bred such a fantastic mafia player. I'm not really like, an MU player, but my home forum is a lot more insular and basically impossible to derive a meta from.

I'm a chronically busy human being, but not generally a lowposter per the standards I am used to, but may be somewhat less than totally attentive in general? I play for fun, but winning is fun, and also, getting to know one another via mafia is also very much fun.

Anyways, I've been playing mafia on plenty of different sites since like 2012 and I want to try out this one maybe. Hope to see you all around!
Yay! :yay:

So glad you decided to check us out. I can't wait to play another game with you for sure! My experience with you in Game 9 was a pleasure, to say the least.

Hope you enjoy it here. :D
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

RobotNerd277 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 pm Hi there, I'm RobotNerd277, and I just played a fantastic game with M Plus 7 on Mafia Universe, and I kind of want to see more of the community that bred such a fantastic mafia player. I'm not really like, an MU player, but my home forum is a lot more insular and basically impossible to derive a meta from.

Welcome!
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Golden »

Hi Robotnerd. We do many chronically busy people here. It doesn't mean that our threads are short though, fair warning.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:00 pm Hi Robotnerd. We do many chronically busy people here. It doesn't mean that our threads are short though, fair warning.
Golden is one to ensure as such :haha:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

RobotNerd277 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 pm Hi there, I'm RobotNerd277, and I just played a fantastic game with @M Plus 7 on Mafia Universe, and I kind of want to see more of the community that bred such a fantastic mafia player. I'm not really like, an MU player, but my home forum is a lot more insular and basically impossible to derive a meta from.

We're so happy to have you RobotNerd! I look forward to playing a game with you. Any friend of MP's is a friend of ours. Don't worry about being busy, lots of us have to play while juggling many other balls. You'll fit right in. Also feel free to join us on our Discord channel where we hang out and talk about whatever. It's a very friendly group. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/ . So again, welcome to our family!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Is that avatar from Gunnerkrigg Court?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:00 pm Hi Robotnerd. We do many chronically busy people here. It doesn't mean that our threads are short though, fair warning.
Yeah, just avoid games with this guy, JaggedJimmyJay, dunya, Sloonei, and me, and you’ll be fine. :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am
Yeah, just avoid games with this guy, JaggedJimmyJay, dunya, Sloonei, and me, and you’ll be fine. :p
Don't worry they are all perpetually too busy to play mafia.

Except when they are not.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

welcome to The Syndicate [mention]RobotNerd277[/mention]--we are very pleased to have you here! :beer:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hello! I think we'll get along. I tend to miss 2+ days at a time from mafia games, but still manage to post more than most. :beer:

Welcome to the Syndicate! Great to have you here. Also congrats on your play in the Champs game (same to you [mention]M Plus 7[/mention])!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] is here!

:yay:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] wow so glad to have you here - I feel like a rock star has joined us (because I have been watching you intently in WC1) lol! You played a great game. Look forward to you joining a game here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Heroic[/mention] Let me be the first to welcome you! Hope you enjoy yourself here :D
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Heroic[/mention] welcome to the syndicate! Stop here and tell us a little about yourself. Same for you [mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] !

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

Post by Infected_alien8_ »

Hey! Thank you [mention]juliets[/mention] hahaha, pleased to meet you, unfortunately I suppose you saw me not do so well in that game haha, it was a ton of fun though, hope you enjoyed watching it!

And hello everybody o/ I'm looking forward to playing around here and getting to know you all!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 am Hey! Thank you @juliets hahaha, pleased to meet you, unfortunately I suppose you saw me not do so well in that game haha, it was a ton of fun though, hope you enjoyed watching it!

And hello everybody o/ I'm looking forward to playing around here and getting to know you all!
You did great, stop being so modest! :p

Seriously glad to have you around.
Khaetl

Post by Khaetl »

Hi. I'm a baby cow and I've waved a single hello to MP7 before. (Sorry for lynching you, man!) This username is "cattle" in bad phonetic transcription.

I played IRL mafia in high school, then played some over IRC, then played one single forum game on SMW Central which isn't really much to write home about, then promptly ignored the game online for almost 6 years until I got bored at work one day. I call Flash Flash Revolution my mafia home site.

I'm not good (and I think I've had a particularly bad run of games recently), but I at least like quoting posts and going "hm" a bunch. And I also like getting around to other sites and hanging around with people who play this game.

So yeah, hi!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Khaetl wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:54 pm Hi. I'm a baby cow and I've waved a single hello to MP7 before. (Sorry for lynching you, man!) This username is "cattle" in bad phonetic transcription.

I played IRL mafia in high school, then played some over IRC, then played one single forum game on SMW Central which isn't really much to write home about, then promptly ignored the game online for almost 6 years until I got bored at work one day. I call Flash Flash Revolution my mafia home site.

I'm not good (and I think I've had a particularly bad run of games recently), but I at least like quoting posts and going "hm" a bunch. And I also like getting around to other sites and hanging around with people who play this game.

So yeah, hi!
Welcome! It's good to have you aboard. :biggrin:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Khaetl wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:54 pm Hi. I'm a baby cow and I've waved a single hello to MP7 before. (Sorry for lynching you, man!) This username is "cattle" in bad phonetic transcription.

So yeah, hi!
Smiles! So glad you're here. Awesome! :yay:

Welcome!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So yeah, hi!
Hi! Welcome to the syndicate! We love people that come to hang out with us. We also have a Discord server (which is nowhere near as big as the one you're used to) and it's at https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/ . Join us if you can and if you can't, see you in the threads. Hope you'll play a game with us soon but there are other off topic threads too. Again, welcome.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

welcome all newcomers! I look forward to getting to know you more.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29

Post by nutella »

Quoting posts and saying "hm" is a totally valid way to play mafia and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :srsnod:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
divagreen

Post by divagreen »

hi guys!

whats going on

diva here, I come from many sites and I pretty much love all games altho I am super addicted to swotor rn (any swotor players?)

I post in shorthand and I really hope that this doesn't bother anybody cos I know sometimes it can bug some pple. I am dyslexic which I can't do anything about, so hopefully you guys can be patient with me.

outside of mafia: I am a full time student and a double major, I do a lot yoga and that games are pretty much it! I have 2 children, mostly grown and I live in the coolest city on earth, Asheville, N.C. its a fun, highly creative and very progressive city. ask mplus7 altho he and his honey only saw it briefly, it is nestled in the appalachian mountains and the scenery is gorgeous.

I see a few familiar faces so that is gonna be nice. I am here because mpuls7 invited and told me what a great mafia community you guys have so I thought I wld try it out.

so don't disappoint! (jk)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

divagreen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:37 pm hi guys!

whats going on

diva here, I come from many sites and I pretty much love all games altho I am super addicted to swotor rn (any swotor players?)

I post in shorthand and I really hope that this doesn't bother anybody cos I know sometimes it can bug some pple. I am dyslexic which I can't do anything about, so hopefully you guys can be patient with me.

outside of mafia: I am a full time student and a double major, I do a lot yoga and that games are pretty much it! I have 2 children, mostly grown and I live in the coolest city on earth, Asheville, N.C. its a fun, highly creative and very progressive city. ask mplus7 altho he and his honey only saw it briefly, it is nestled in the appalachian mountains and the scenery is gorgeous.

I see a few familiar faces so that is gonna be nice. I am here because mpuls7 invited and told me what a great mafia community you guys have so I thought I wld try it out.

Diva! :yay:

I'm so glad to see you here. :D
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welcome divagreen. I’m thrilled to have you aboard. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

divagreen wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:37 pm hi guys!

whats going on

Hi divagreen! I'm pretty sure I've seen your name in the champs spectator chat at MU. My name is juliets tho a lot of people call me Jules so either will be fine. I'm sorry but I don't even know what swotor is - maybe you could teach us.

What's your double major in? And wow another Asheville resident! We already have two on the site. I've been there several times and I totally agree it's the coolest city I've been to in the U.S.- so artsy and so beautiful. I'm jealous!

So glad MP invited you and let me also invite you to our discord chat https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/ . We are not nearly as busy as the MU chat but we are a tight knit group who love to have new people join us. It's where we really get to know each other. MP is right, we do have a great community, and are so happy you have decided to join us. Can't wait to play a game with you or see you in discord!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

fee to join the discord is a cat photo. if you do not provide us with a cat photo, you will not be granted access.
White
Posts in topic: 3

Post by White »

Whats up guys, Im White.

Im from another community and Id heard good things about this place so I thought id check it out. Id heard nice things about the community, and I thought itd be good experience to try and switch up the people I play with. I get pretty passionate when I play mafia though, as I hate losing but Ill try and hold myself to a better standard here. Im one of the best on my site though, so watch out for me. :p

Hopefully we can host some cross community games between us in the future. The games on my place tend to be pretty role madness heavy and theyre a lot of fun. Also are there any lighter coloured skins here?
White

Post by White »

Also I love cats, if any of you guys have any good cats avatars bing em my way
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Epignosis »

White wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 pm I get pretty passionate when I play mafia though, as I hate losing
Yeah, you'll fit right in. :ohyeah:
White wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:40 pm Also I love cats
Yeah, you'll fit right in. :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

White wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 pm Whats up guys, Im White.

Im from another community and Id heard good things about this place so I thought id check it out. Id heard nice things about the community, and I thought itd be good experience to try and switch up the people I play with. I get pretty passionate when I play mafia though, as I hate losing but Ill try and hold myself to a better standard here. Im one of the best on my site though, so watch out for me. :p

Hopefully we can host some cross community games between us in the future. The games on my place tend to be pretty role madness heavy and theyre a lot of fun. Also are there any lighter coloured skins here?
Hi White and Welcome!! We have some pretty passionate people playing here to so like Epi said you will fit right in. There is a lighter skin which I use called prosilver. Go to the upper right hand corner of this page next to Private Messages where you see your name. Click on the drop down. Go to Board Preferences then Edit Global Settings, then go down the settings list until you see My Board Style. Click the drop down and select prosilver. Scroll to the bottom and click on submit. Viola!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

White wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:40 pm Also I love cats, if any of you guys have any good cats avatars bing em my way
OMG you must come to our discord server. We have a channel called "syndicats". Everybody posts their cat pictures there. You can get to our discord channel here https://discord.gg/B8nuAFq/ . See ya there!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
White

Post by White »

lol thanks for the welcome guys

That sounds fun, Ill check that out. I actually have a pure black cat myself, shes only a small little thing though but she is very cute and affectionate
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome to The Syndicate, White! :yay:

Glad to have you here. :D
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

White wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:39 pm Whats up guys, Im White.

What is your place?
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by karavalenge »

Hello there, I'm karavalenge, or Kara for short.

I was invited to this community by speedchuck. He's just always going on and on about how cool you guys are and I had to see it for myself.

I haven't played Mafia in this postboard-style since maybe 8 years ago, but I've run and won many a One Night Werewolf and Secret Hitler since. I'm more on the creative side, I prefer to make fun and interesting versions of Mafia and run them.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”