Two-Headed Monster Mafia [GAME OVER MAN]

Poll deadline is at 7pm EST on Thursday (refer to countdown clock)

ColinIsSpeed
7%
GalacticMac
13%
The Dry Flood
No votes
LyLo nerves (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 15
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Two-Headed Monster Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Fuskdall »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 pm
M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am
M Plus 1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm - Rimworld Boyz
I'm vibing with Kyle. Kyle is one of the most tonally-centric players I've ever met in that he reads incredibly organically when he's town and not when he's scum. Specifically if I read at least half of the posts in Kyle's ISO and can hear Kyle thinking out loud in a Vocaroo type setting, that means he's almost certainly town. Scum!Kyle can't quite replicate the way town!Kyle thinks.

Subject to change. Other input desired.
Rimworld Boyz wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm i have a problem with that? up until now neither of us have posted anything that would require genuine-ness or the faking there-of. which posts seemed particularly genuine to you?

M Plus 1
For Rimworld Boyz to question M Plus 1's read of their genuineness really makes them look town. If they were scum they would have just rolled with it. Extra cred looks good. But what does this say about M Plus 1?
What do you think it says about me?

I don’t like the open-ended question at all.

[VOTE: lunatella] aubergine
That was definitely a Luna post.

I think after playing with Luna a number of games and seeing her get mislynched for all the wrong reasons, she is someone who often comes across as sketchy as town. If anything, that open ended question and the "so what?" of it all makes her look town to me.
That’s... astute. I didn’t even think of it like that. I’m considering your perspective here.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Celeste »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:22 pm (remember, speedchuck is always scum and Colin is a lot of the times scum)

if we gotta lynch someone that we can't all agree on, let it be ColinIsSpeed for best chances of netting scum :p
We're Mr. Speed Cools, we're the blamedest in the land
We often play fools, We're best at playing scum man
We can't let this pass, 'cause you ain't lockin' us out
We were town just last game, come on, what's this all about?
If you haven't tried to read us, then just stop sayin' your silly spiel
No, we cannot let this pass, let's bring scum to heel
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Golf »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 pm
M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am
M Plus 1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm - Rimworld Boyz
I'm vibing with Kyle. Kyle is one of the most tonally-centric players I've ever met in that he reads incredibly organically when he's town and not when he's scum. Specifically if I read at least half of the posts in Kyle's ISO and can hear Kyle thinking out loud in a Vocaroo type setting, that means he's almost certainly town. Scum!Kyle can't quite replicate the way town!Kyle thinks.

Subject to change. Other input desired.
Rimworld Boyz wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm i have a problem with that? up until now neither of us have posted anything that would require genuine-ness or the faking there-of. which posts seemed particularly genuine to you?

M Plus 1
For Rimworld Boyz to question M Plus 1's read of their genuineness really makes them look town. If they were scum they would have just rolled with it. Extra cred looks good. But what does this say about M Plus 1?
What do you think it says about me?

I don’t like the open-ended question at all.

[VOTE: lunatella] aubergine
lol...

now people will think i just sheeped this. i actually just read this. villapoint for mindmeld
Hi Fractal. :beer:
hi!

Really hope you're town here so we can solve together. You've done all the posting thus far right?
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:19 pm I strongly urge ya'll to get your votes off Lunatella.
Where should it go instead? I’m listening.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:21 pm
M Plus 1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:27 pm
Fratyo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm Feel good about: 2 Stupid Dogs

Feel not so good about: DrSloogy
Explain.
i'll try to recall what i thought at the time.

Thought 2 dogs tone was ok when they called us (me) out in their post that voted us. Also liked them asking DrSlo why they followed with their vote onto us instead of just leaving them be.

Didn't like the stale phrasing of DrSlo's vote as much. Also didn't love their comment about not hammering me. Not because it wasn't mechanically true, but it felt like they were kinda redirecting the focus from their vote to something else everyone would agree with, to avoid backlash.

Obviously it weren't strong reads

@M Plus 1
Cool thanks for elaborating. I think this checks out.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

the 3 hydras i wouldn't lynch today so far are the following:

2 Stupid Dogs
ColinIsSpeed
M Plus 1
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:22 pm (remember, speedchuck is always scum and Colin is a lot of the times scum)

if we gotta lynch someone that we can't all agree on, let it be ColinIsSpeed for best chances of netting scum :p
Lol.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Celeste »

If Lunatella is town, 2 Stupid Dogs is probably also town. That is an earnest and well-thought defense.
If not... 2 Stupid Dogs is probably still town. That is still an earnest and well-thought defense.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm 2 Dogs, what do you mean by Luna looking sketchy as town? Do you think she looks less sketchy when scum? Or was this a specific way of sketchy you think she generally only looks when town?

Also, i think she was one of the most obvious and least sketchy people in all of the Courage game. It's only 1 game but still
actually that's sort of what I mean. In UPick, she was scum and her posts were all more pointed--served a purpose, slightly reserved with her words even. I knew something was off with her there.

In other games we've played with her as a civilian, she tends to be a little more loose in her thoughts and opinions. she makes posts that read scummy. she doesn't pay attention to what can be perceived as scummy, because she's town, so why would she? I think that post MP quotes is a classic example of misread Luna intentions. I understand what she was trying to get at. I don't see a scum Luna edging for that angle.

if i'm wrong, i'm gonna look so stupid. but it's a risk i'm willing to take.
This actually makes sense. As soon as you said something I recalled that Luna does tend to be more... loose with her thought processes when town. I’m not sure I really have a scum!Luna meta in my mind though, probably because I’ve not seen much of her scum game so it didn’t strike my mind at the time. I don’t even remember how she was in UPick. XD

Then again I only spectated like part of it.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

ColinIsSpeed wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 pm If Lunatella is town, 2 Stupid Dogs is probably also town. That is an earnest and well-thought defense.
If not... 2 Stupid Dogs is probably still town. That is still an earnest and well-thought defense.
Hmm. i'm more likely to follow this logic if someone calls another person SCUM and the person that's accused ends up town. Because then making an earnest accusation is really hard.

But i've seen scum earnestly defend towns countlessly many times, because they know they're telling the truth they can sometimes sound SUPER genuine.

I kind of DO like 2 dogs tone in this defense, i agree with you there, but i think some scum can replicate it pretty well when correctly defending towns
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 pm
hi!

Really hope you're town here so we can solve together. You've done all the posting thus far right?
Likewise!

And yeah, that’s right. Unfortunately it sounds like tsaiah has a really crappy illness so she’s down for the count for now. Hopefully she will be feeling better enough to play with us soon.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm the 3 hydras i wouldn't lynch today so far are the following:

2 Stupid Dogs
ColinIsSpeed
M Plus 1
I’m down with this, add in you and Rimworld Boyz.

I’m cooling off Lunatella. Even if they are scum it should be more apparent soon, and the defense from dunya is compelling.

I wouldn’t feel great about lynching Epi and Simon (Cuphead and Mugman) either on d1 but I’m not sure they’re town.

Anyone else I would be willing to lynch.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 pm
hi!

Likewise!

And yeah, that’s right. Unfortunately it sounds like tsaiah has a really crappy illness so she’s down for the count for now. Hopefully she will be feeling better enough to play with us soon.
[VOTE: sicknesses] aubergine best wishes to her then
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

ColinIsSpeed wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 pm If Lunatella is town, 2 Stupid Dogs is probably also town. That is an earnest and well-thought defense.
I’ll agree with you there.

I think 2 Stupid Dogs is my highest town read right now.

That said, dunya and Turnip Head both are incredibly skilled scum. Never lock them in as town 100%. That was my mistake in Ancient Greece with dunya and I know I’ve done the same with Turnip Head years ago when we first started playing together. Make sure they always get reassessed.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm the 3 hydras i wouldn't lynch today so far are the following:

2 Stupid Dogs
ColinIsSpeed
M Plus 1

I’m cooling off Lunatella. Even if they are scum it should be more apparent soon, and the defense from dunya is compelling.

I wouldn’t feel great about lynching Epi and Simon (Cuphead and Mugman) either on d1 but I’m not sure they’re town.

I think 2 dogs are town so i'm willing to let them off the hook for a day too. Not only because of the defense, but also because like i said earlier, Luna was one of the easiest people to tell they're town IMO in the courage game. i'm looking forward to see what she'll do if she's town here, she was scary to face as scum :D
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

I’m a bit underwhelmed by DrSloogy.

I’m super underwhelmed by The Dry Flood. More concerned than anything. It’s so bizarre for both of them to be inactive.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

[VOTE: DRSLOOGY] aubergine

I’m not seeing a town spark from either of you. What’s the deal with that?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm

2 Stupid Dogs
ColinIsSpeed
M Plus 1

So you're basically left with:
Dry flood
Galactic Mac
DrSloogy
Right?

My other head has a gutfeel Sloogy is town, so probably gonna roll with that for today

linki: Yeah, but marmot was a bit inactive for parts of the last game aswell. He's maybe a busy man
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

I’m also admittedly underwhelmed with Galactic MAC but...

Daisy and I have been through hell the last week with moving stuff so I totally get why she hasn’t been here. I’ve been here too much probably.

I know they both are also in final 3 of Genius game. So there’s that.

Consequently I’m not inclined to lynch them but I guess I wouldn’t fight it. Either way it’d be nice to hear from them soon.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

i'm gonna move our vote to dryflood for now. Like the 1-1-1-1-1-1 tie closing in for EoD :haha:
Fractal
sprityo
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Alright, I really have to go. I’ll make sure to pop back in on phone before EoD just for like a minute just in case. Sorry.

Not sure if tsaiah will be here but I wouldn’t blame her if she wasn’t; she sounds really sick.

I’ll at least make sure I can move my vote if necessary.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 pm Alright, I really have to go. I’ll make sure to pop back in on phone before EoD just for like a minute just in case. Sorry.

Not sure if tsaiah will be here but I wouldn’t blame her if she wasn’t; she sounds really sick.

I’ll at least make sure I can move my vote if necessary.
You don't have to apologize lol. You're still the most active person in the game
Fractal
sprityo
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 134

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm i'm gonna move our vote to dryflood for now. Like the 1-1-1-1-1-1 tie closing in for EoD :haha:
so scummy, voting the inactive off.
dunya
Turnip Head
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm i'm gonna move our vote to dryflood for now. Like the 1-1-1-1-1-1 tie closing in for EoD :haha:
Is it though?

Who would you vote of the non-inactives that's not me?
Fractal
sprityo
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 134

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:01 pm
2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Is it though?

Who would you vote of the non-inactives that's not me?
reconsidering my drsloogy town read atm. underwhelmed by sloonei. getting flashbacks of scum sloonei in upick.

ColinIsSpeed also.
dunya
Turnip Head
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I think Colin is town, my other head thinks sloogy is town.

This is TH right, why am i scum? You were right the last game, you feel i'm the same way?
Fractal
sprityo
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Lunatella »

[mention]Fratyo[/mention] [mention]M Plus 1[/mention] , please don't take my attempt to dig into the thread the wrong way. It is day one, and I like to get people talking how ever I can.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Unless the rule of two negatives make a positive applies here, and the double scums have combined to become a supa-town monster.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I don't like that DrSloogy is still voting us. In fact, it's starting to look down-right scummy.
[VOTE: DrSloogy] aubergine
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Principal Skinner »

M Plus 1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm [VOTE: DRSLOOGY] aubergine

I’m not seeing a town spark from either of you. What’s the deal with that?
The ole busy schedule routine. You’ve said thos about me a lot early in games recently.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm I don't like that DrSloogy is still voting us. In fact, it's starting to look down-right scummy.
I don’t know emwhy we’re voting you eithet, but I hate this.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm
Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm I don't like that DrSloogy is still voting us. In fact, it's starting to look down-right scummy.
Oh gosh, sorry man. I didn't see that gun being held to your head.
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

I thought there was something in fratyo’s early posts that felt timid and hesitant. I forget what it was. I will look for it.

Caveat is that I don’t know which head was speaking and I’ve never met Fractal.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm
What
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm
What
It seemed you were being forced to vote me against your will. I was being sarcastic.
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

I moved our vote back to Fratyo. I do not know what lunatella does not like about us. Care to elaborate?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 pm
DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm
What
It seemed you were being forced to vote me against your will. I was being sarcastic.
My other half voted for you.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm I moved our vote back to Fratyo. I do not know what lunatella does not like about us. Care to elaborate?
Your willingness to have me lynched. I don't mind re-assessing my vote.
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 am
DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am We have come to the conclusion that you are bad. It's the only reasonable explanation.
You are wrong, and therefore you are probably bad.
Confidence overcompensating for scumminess?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:45 pm
DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am We have come to the conclusion that you are bad. It's the only reasonable explanation.
Could say the same about the post of yours we quoted. :shrug:
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Fratyo opened with lots of jokes which is something I sometimes like to look at as an early scumtell. Every once in a while somebody cracks lots of jokes because they want to be involved but can’t figure out how to do it naturally.

When it came time for actual gameplay they said they felt “not so good” about us (which at the time was just me, as wilgy had not posted yet). There was later some internal dispute about that read, but not before tvis post which I can make no sense of;
Fratyo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:47 pm Glad you got that out of your systems, terrible play on words and all.

Now don’t take this the wrong way, or personal, or offensive, or legitimate, or fake, but I’m gonna huck that seasoning off your head, Wilgy. :srsnod:

it doesn’t feel right, yknow man? couldn’t agree more

Feels like someone is whispering in my ear, except it’s more so shouting.

Or am I the one shouting?
I choose to take this personally.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm
Would you?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:35 pm
2 Stupid Dogs wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm 2 Dogs, what do you mean by Luna looking sketchy as town? Do you think she looks less sketchy when scum? Or was this a specific way of sketchy you think she generally only looks when town?

Also, i think she was one of the most obvious and least sketchy people in all of the Courage game. It's only 1 game but still
actually that's sort of what I mean. In UPick, she was scum and her posts were all more pointed--served a purpose, slightly reserved with her words even. I knew something was off with her there.

In other games we've played with her as a civilian, she tends to be a little more loose in her thoughts and opinions. she makes posts that read scummy. she doesn't pay attention to what can be perceived as scummy, because she's town, so why would she? I think that post MP quotes is a classic example of misread Luna intentions. I understand what she was trying to get at. I don't see a scum Luna edging for that angle.

if i'm wrong, i'm gonna look so stupid. but it's a risk i'm willing to take.
(Gonna assume i'm talking to Dunya, just because you're using more words than i ever saw T.H do in Courage :grin: )

If you understand what she could be getting at, i'm interested in what you think, but it's probably better if we let Luna explain her thoughts on it before you say anything about that.

My view on how she played in Courage was that she had a bit of a slow start d1, but towards the end of d1, she became one of the more clear towns in the game with her posting, and just posted townier as the game went on. So i wouldn't call Luna one of the people who's more sketchy as town than scum. Her solving was just so laid bare and easy to read as town there imo.

Not saying that i think she's scum here because i'm not seeing that here yet since it's early still, but just saying that i wouldn't see Luna as a sketchy town player based on that game.

Clearly my meta-base is very thin since it only contains 1 game though :haha:
Not saying I'm Luna, but dunya/TH here is absolutely correct. Luna posts more freely as town at the risk of either getting lynched early or (in the case of Courage) supa-towning all over the baddies.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:53 pm
Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm
Would you?
Sure why not
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm I think Colin is town, my other head thinks sloogy is town.

This is TH right, why am i scum? You were right the last game, you feel i'm the same way?
perhaps we should lynch this two-headed monster.
Lunalee
nutella
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Has luna been scum yet?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Galactic Mac is two players I do not read well who have said next to nothing so far. Consider this half of me to be alert.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Lunatella wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Fratyo wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm I think Colin is town, my other head thinks sloogy is town.

perhaps we should lynch this two-headed monster.
"Two-Headed Monster Mafia"

:ponder:
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

DrSloogy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 pm Fratyo opened with lots of jokes which is something I sometimes like to look at as an early scumtell. Every once in a while somebody cracks lots of jokes because they want to be involved but can’t figure out how to do it naturally.

When it came time for actual gameplay they said they felt “not so good” about us (which at the time was just me, as wilgy had not posted yet). There was later some internal dispute about that read, but not before tvis post which I can make no sense of;
Fratyo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:47 pm Glad you got that out of your systems, terrible play on words and all.

Now don’t take this the wrong way, or personal, or offensive, or legitimate, or fake, but I’m gonna huck that seasoning off your head, Wilgy. :srsnod:

it doesn’t feel right, yknow man? couldn’t agree more

Feels like someone is whispering in my ear, except it’s more so shouting.

Or am I the one shouting?
I choose to take this personally.
I don't understand, expand?
Fractal
sprityo
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Two-Headed Monster Mafia [Day 0]

The Dry Flood wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 am I think Kylequin needs a sandwich
Then there's this post and nothing else from the golden marmot. But neither of them are players who shrink and hide as scum, so :shrug:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”