DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
RobotNerd277
Posts in topic: 35

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by RobotNerd277 »

Answering some M Plus Questions:
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm By harder I mean, with evidence and serious reads and stuff. Much of my difficulty in reading people originates with you.
Robot, I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate for me?
I just meant I would go back through the thread and evaluate MacDougall better, against things that were actually said, instead of phoneposting off of my meh memory. In order to do that, I have to actually catch up on the whole thread and then ISO them and ideally also understand the full context of what was said and why.
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm
Spoiler: show
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm Robot's giant catchup post part 1 (pages 1-4)

This site is a lot more heavy on NP interaction with the thread than any other site I've seen. That's kinda neat.

And of course MP is interacting with everyone all the time. You seem a lot more in your element here than d1 of g9.

I wonder what the beef between DH and MP is? It looks to me like a joke.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to read most of the people here. I vaguely remember Tsaiah being a particularly excitable friend, and I feel like I have a reasonable grip on MP's playstyle after g9 (that is, make ALL THE POSTS, (even when scum because I did a little research during that game)), but I don't really know much about how others play, though I have spent time with abyssum on the flight rising mafia discord.

After what point do the beginning-of-game jokes end? In particular, I'm trying to get a read on MacDougall, but maybe they're just too hard because they're A Jokester TM.

I think I like Kylemii. Not sure why. (Apparently MP agrees)

I... am really skeeved by post #89 from MP, except that it's in character? What I specifically don't like is that it positions him as "A Very Useful Person That You Implicitly Should Not Lynch," which idk, is a strategy I employed a bunch as scum on flight rising, but I think that's just How MP Is.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:50 pm So I’m the only player to have experience and/or history with every other player here. I can provide meta and such if necessary. I prefer not to rely on it much though. But feel free to ask me and I will provide opinions on whatever assuming I haven’t already.
oh god that was only page 2. I gotta skim faster

okay phew the beef with MP and DH was just A Joke. Very agree with the Tsaiah love. Tsaiah is purer than snow generated from distilled water.

okay the reason I like kylemmi is because they're also a robot from the future sent to play mafia. high five! o/

@kylemii but actually, my history is that I've been playing mafia across many different sites since 2012, most recently of which was mafiauniverse, but like, I was one of the founding members of flightrising's mafia community, and I play a bunch at my school. I know a bunch of mafia players scattered around the web I think.

whoop tsaiah stole my lightning :<
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 amNow tell me about you!
no one's ever asked me this before!

i'm kylemii, and this account is actually run by a forum bot created by long con in 20010 as a programming challenge to create the ultimate mafia playing bot. i am barely able to play mafia, but i do my best.
xD

Robotnerd's gonna like you
I rescind my previous comment on MP7 acting "too valuable to lynch." He actually posted meta thoughts on every player, nullifying that argument. I'm keeping it in this post though because that's how stream of conciousness works.

I'm gonna keep reading forward through the thread immediately but this file is getting too long already.
What about M Plus 7 posting his meta reads nullified your argument about him making himself seem too valuable to lynch?
Forgot to answer this. there's a thing that scum sometimes do of making themselves integral to town, integral to its gameplay, so that if they're lynched, then the game kind of grinds to a halt. Something like withholding meta reads to be queried at any time could seem "good and helpful" but that implies that he needs to continue to be alive. Which means "don't lynch me"

So when he just, gave all the meta reads he could, without needing a sort of query-and-response at all, that came across as a major subversion of the trope, which looks pretty good for MP7.
I don't understand; do you think it's null or town of me overall?
I think it's definitely on the townier end, but not too far from null. However, combined with like, tone and reads and other factors, the little epsilons add up to a probable townie. But like, it's day 0 and I'm gonna hedge a little because I trust you'd be as good a mafioso as a townie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 am @abyssum -- ISO
@Infected_alien8_
@JaggedJimmyJay
@RobotNerd277
@Russtifinko

plz also tell me ur history?
I changed my mind on Kyle again. I don’t like this post. Even if he receives thorough responses from each of these people about their “history”, I have my doubts that he’d be likely to apply it to his hunting. It’s a question being asked for the sake of asking a question.
not everything is about hunting, jay. this question has never been about hunting, it's about getting new players into the game and making friends and having a good time, which is why we're all here in the first place.
Oh right, I forgot!

I'm an irl friend of MP. I started playing here around 2013, and probably haven't played since 2016 at least. I think I vaguely remember you from before, but not enough to recall specifics about games we've played or your playstyle. I've dabbled in hosting, too. I sometimes win, but more often than not I lose. Hmm...I'm not really sure what else to say about myself. But feel free to ask if there's anything specific you want to know about me.

Linki: Robot, I had never thought of referring to posts by number. You've opened up my eyes - that is going to save me a LOT of tabbing.
Double Linki: I like rainbow lists!
Triple Linki: MP, it's possible - I'm a very forgetful person. I just don't remember it.
Quadruple Linki: MP LET ME POST!!
Quintuple Linki: Holy moly you typed a multi-line, game-related post in the time it took me to write my quadruple linki. You're a machine.
Sextuple Linki: MP STAAAAAHP! In the name of all that is good in this world
Septuple Linki: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
:haha:

I missed your linki freakouts. :p
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I feel better about Russ than I did a couple hours ago. His expansion on his earlier comments and motions against alien look dandy.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm Google searching for "russtifinko macdougall" only shows Talking Heads. We were scum teammates in that game. Russ was our last survivor.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the only game you both were scummates.

Fucking loved hosting that game by the way. One of my fondest mafia memories ever.

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] was the best fucking co-host too, dealing with all my PMs. I swear we sent each other like 1,000 PMs during that game. LOL.
abyssum
The Mark
Posts in topic: 264

Post by abyssum »

also MP7 plz let's both shut up about alien's Lunalee comments til he weighs in on them himself

i know i asked you, just from this point onward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 pmwtf is a linki
A chocolate treat we mail out to the 812th poster in every game phase of Syndicate play. It's a lot of fun, but frankly we need to start weighing the costs.
Look at that, the robot has a sense of humor! :p
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i don't know how to make friends during games so you're all invited to dinner instead. we're having chili and rolls. you will eat in silence and phonepost.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 pm i can do my best to explain tsaiah's meta if REALLY pressed on it, but i haven't played with her as scum in a long while and i'm not particularly good at explaining people's meta "in general." if i give meta, it's usually a very specific point (like discussing off-topic stuff at EOD being more indicative of her scum game), not an overall take on it

it's not a tool i personally heavily utilize, so it would be a bad idea for you to consider tsaiah's play based on my clumsy explanations of her meta.
I really think she'd be less present and more fluffy if she was scum here. What do you think of that?

It also helps that I feel like I can genuinely understand how she's arrived at pretty much every conclusion or question she's posted so far.
i think that Tsaiah is likely town here based on what i've seen from her so far (caveat: want to see her words on why i'm becoming townier to her). i don't think she's incapable of faking this presence or fluffiness as scum, especially this early in the game, but i do think it's something that would degrade more as the game went on

unless, of course, you're both scum together, in which case she could probably do this forever
I REALLY wish we both rolled scum together this game, but alas.

It's probably still for the best that I rolled town in general, because my heart wouldn't have been able to handle being scum with you, Tsaiah, and Alien in the game, and at least one of you being town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:08 pm I am currently working on the assumption that the scum team is sprityo, Infected_alien8_ and russtifinko.
Why is that exactly? I could see that, but I'm terrible at calling out teams this early... unlike you.
Something didn't make sense about the way Russ and alien interacted with one another after alien accused (but didn't really accuse) me of a scumslip. Sprityo has avoided heat in ways he probably shouldn't have given the level of engagement he has made. There is also an element of POE because I have liked lunalee's content since I gave her a glare. Dharmahelper is also still very much on my radar primarily because he has completely refused to engage me despite me having voiced suspicion on him. Like he is just skirting by the fact that I keep getting my focus placed elsewhere by other players.

After giving it some undistracted and focused thought. Here's how I feel currently about each player that will contradict myself so just deal.

@abyssum -- I have little opinion on abyssum. A fair amount contribution and no pings makes me feel like they deserve a town read.

@ColinIsCool -- Colin's contributions here have been poor compared to in other games he has played. Not sure if that's a reason to scum read him given his participation in Firefly. I'll give him a pass for now.
@DharmaHelper -- Suspicious, not for his lack of content but for his avoidance of engaging me directly.

@Infected_alien8_ -- Suspicious for his discrediting of me and then backtracking away from it.

@JaggedJimmyJay -- Jay has been a bit more critical than usual and there is history of Jay being overly mean = bad in his exhaustive back catalogue but if push came to shove I would give him a town read.

@Kylemii -- Kyle seems okay at this juncture. Hasn't been an overwhelming contributor but not everyone can have been, has been discerning in his commentary and his opinions have made sense.

@Lunalee -- Lunalee's reactions to being prodded looked good. I think she is town.

@Marmot -- Should be lynched for lack of contribution.

@M Plus 7 -- Seems his usual townie self. Constantly pinging me because he says such nice things to and about people and is so friendly that I as an Australian who is used to calling my friends cunt just cannot deal. I just naturally suspect people who are both loud and buddying. In the past I'd probably have got into a shit slinging match with him after accusing him of sounding insincere and genuinely offending him for what is actually just him being a nice person but I've come to realise that is usually not how I catch bad guys so I hold my tongue.

@RobotNerd277 -- Seemed to want to come out firing at me but as soon as I questioned why he melted like butter on a hotplate. Weird and suspicious.

@Russtifinko -- Giving myself some time to dwell I think Russ is town. When you have nothing to hide and genuinely try to get to the heart of why people are posting certain ways you often leave some weird shit in the thread that people grab onto and find weird. I think that is what Russ has done that has myself and some others a little piqued.

@sprityo -- I think Sprityo is Mafia. I think he has been overwhelmed by the volume and is struggling to interject himself because he's being ignored. Perhaps with me having an actual go at him we'll get more out of him.

@Tsaiah -- I find it hard to decide how I feel about Tsaiah except to say that I like the way they play and have enjoyed their contributions. MP giving her such a huge tick of approval bodes well.

@Turnip Head -- Turnip Head hasn't really got rolling into the game yet but has frequently tried to voice opinions and comment on things. I think Turnip Head is town.

So that leaves me with:

DharmaHelper, Infected_Alien, Marmot, Sprityo, RobotNerd277 as suspects.
ColinIsCool as null.
Everyone else as off my radar for now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:19 pm Answering some M Plus Questions:
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm By harder I mean, with evidence and serious reads and stuff. Much of my difficulty in reading people originates with you.
Robot, I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate for me?
I just meant I would go back through the thread and evaluate MacDougall better, against things that were actually said, instead of phoneposting off of my meh memory. In order to do that, I have to actually catch up on the whole thread and then ISO them and ideally also understand the full context of what was said and why.
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:16 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm Robot's giant catchup post part 1 (pages 1-4)

This site is a lot more heavy on NP interaction with the thread than any other site I've seen. That's kinda neat.

And of course MP is interacting with everyone all the time. You seem a lot more in your element here than d1 of g9.

I wonder what the beef between DH and MP is? It looks to me like a joke.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to read most of the people here. I vaguely remember Tsaiah being a particularly excitable friend, and I feel like I have a reasonable grip on MP's playstyle after g9 (that is, make ALL THE POSTS, (even when scum because I did a little research during that game)), but I don't really know much about how others play, though I have spent time with abyssum on the flight rising mafia discord.

After what point do the beginning-of-game jokes end? In particular, I'm trying to get a read on MacDougall, but maybe they're just too hard because they're A Jokester TM.

I think I like Kylemii. Not sure why. (Apparently MP agrees)

I... am really skeeved by post #89 from MP, except that it's in character? What I specifically don't like is that it positions him as "A Very Useful Person That You Implicitly Should Not Lynch," which idk, is a strategy I employed a bunch as scum on flight rising, but I think that's just How MP Is.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:50 pm So I’m the only player to have experience and/or history with every other player here. I can provide meta and such if necessary. I prefer not to rely on it much though. But feel free to ask me and I will provide opinions on whatever assuming I haven’t already.
oh god that was only page 2. I gotta skim faster

okay phew the beef with MP and DH was just A Joke. Very agree with the Tsaiah love. Tsaiah is purer than snow generated from distilled water.

okay the reason I like kylemmi is because they're also a robot from the future sent to play mafia. high five! o/

@kylemii but actually, my history is that I've been playing mafia across many different sites since 2012, most recently of which was mafiauniverse, but like, I was one of the founding members of flightrising's mafia community, and I play a bunch at my school. I know a bunch of mafia players scattered around the web I think.

whoop tsaiah stole my lightning :<
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 am

no one's ever asked me this before!

i'm kylemii, and this account is actually run by a forum bot created by long con in 20010 as a programming challenge to create the ultimate mafia playing bot. i am barely able to play mafia, but i do my best.
xD

Robotnerd's gonna like you
I rescind my previous comment on MP7 acting "too valuable to lynch." He actually posted meta thoughts on every player, nullifying that argument. I'm keeping it in this post though because that's how stream of conciousness works.

I'm gonna keep reading forward through the thread immediately but this file is getting too long already.
What about M Plus 7 posting his meta reads nullified your argument about him making himself seem too valuable to lynch?
Forgot to answer this. there's a thing that scum sometimes do of making themselves integral to town, integral to its gameplay, so that if they're lynched, then the game kind of grinds to a halt. Something like withholding meta reads to be queried at any time could seem "good and helpful" but that implies that he needs to continue to be alive. Which means "don't lynch me"

So when he just, gave all the meta reads he could, without needing a sort of query-and-response at all, that came across as a major subversion of the trope, which looks pretty good for MP7.
I don't understand; do you think it's null or town of me overall?
I think it's definitely on the townier end, but not too far from null. However, combined with like, tone and reads and other factors, the little epsilons add up to a probable townie. But like, it's day 0 and I'm gonna hedge a little because I trust you'd be as good a mafioso as a townie.

Got it, thanks for these, Robot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm I feel better about Russ than I did a couple hours ago. His expansion on his earlier comments and motions against alien look dandy.
I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, but my gut likes his tone.

His tone is always immaculate though. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm I feel better about Russ than I did a couple hours ago. His expansion on his earlier comments and motions against alien look dandy.
Interesting that you come to this realisation while I was drafting up my reads post and came to a similar conclusion. I feel like any doubt I had on Russ comes from a place of him exposing his train of thought which I can sympathise with causing people to suspect you. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm also MP7 plz let's both shut up about alien's Lunalee comments til he weighs in on them himself

i know i asked you, just from this point onward
LOL, that's fine with me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I looked into this Mac/Russ dynamic that MP mentioned. They've played in a game together three times:

Talking Heads - both mafia
Star Wars - Russ Jawa indy / Mac civilian
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Russ civilian / Mac Nanman mafia

This wouldn't seem to point to whatever parallel MP was thinking of.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 pm i don't know how to make friends during games so you're all invited to dinner instead. we're having chili and rolls. you will eat in silence and phonepost.
EEEEEEE

Sounds perfect. :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm gonna angle shoot and say that Epi would balance the team to not have two new players on it. I'm gonna say the combinations out of my suspect pool that make the most sense.

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Mac's reads are a good look primarily because they are very similar to my own (in a way he could not have manipulated intentionally). I am less confident than he is in Kyle or Turnip Head, but I understand the reads anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the reads list, Mac. I'll mull over your thoughts there and maybe we can chat about them later when I'm less distracted. At first glance though I think I can see where your head is at, and I'm still comfortable with you being town.

Linki w/ Jay: Lol, CROSSPOST
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 pm I looked into this Mac/Russ dynamic that MP mentioned. They've played in a game together three times:

GOD DAMMIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, I SWEAR THIS HAPPENED

Lol.

Thanks though, your research is much appreciated.

Maybe it was Star Wars? That has to be it. Clearly I'm misremembering some key details though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MP is dragging all this slimy MU lingo back with him. :fishslap:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:08 pm I am currently working on the assumption that the scum team is sprityo, Infected_alien8_ and russtifinko.
Why is that exactly? I could see that, but I'm terrible at calling out teams this early... unlike you.
Something didn't make sense about the way Russ and alien interacted with one another after alien accused (but didn't really accuse) me of a scumslip. Sprityo has avoided heat in ways he probably shouldn't have given the level of engagement he has made. There is also an element of POE because I have liked lunalee's content since I gave her a glare. Dharmahelper is also still very much on my radar primarily because he has completely refused to engage me despite me having voiced suspicion on him. Like he is just skirting by the fact that I keep getting my focus placed elsewhere by other players.

After giving it some undistracted and focused thought. Here's how I feel currently about each player that will contradict myself so just deal.

@abyssum -- I have little opinion on abyssum. A fair amount contribution and no pings makes me feel like they deserve a town read.

@ColinIsCool -- Colin's contributions here have been poor compared to in other games he has played. Not sure if that's a reason to scum read him given his participation in Firefly. I'll give him a pass for now.
@DharmaHelper -- Suspicious, not for his lack of content but for his avoidance of engaging me directly.

@Infected_alien8_ -- Suspicious for his discrediting of me and then backtracking away from it.

@JaggedJimmyJay -- Jay has been a bit more critical than usual and there is history of Jay being overly mean = bad in his exhaustive back catalogue but if push came to shove I would give him a town read.

@Kylemii -- Kyle seems okay at this juncture. Hasn't been an overwhelming contributor but not everyone can have been, has been discerning in his commentary and his opinions have made sense.

@Lunalee -- Lunalee's reactions to being prodded looked good. I think she is town.

@Marmot -- Should be lynched for lack of contribution.

@M Plus 7 -- Seems his usual townie self. Constantly pinging me because he says such nice things to and about people and is so friendly that I as an Australian who is used to calling my friends cunt just cannot deal. I just naturally suspect people who are both loud and buddying. In the past I'd probably have got into a shit slinging match with him after accusing him of sounding insincere and genuinely offending him for what is actually just him being a nice person but I've come to realise that is usually not how I catch bad guys so I hold my tongue.

@RobotNerd277 -- Seemed to want to come out firing at me but as soon as I questioned why he melted like butter on a hotplate. Weird and suspicious.

@Russtifinko -- Giving myself some time to dwell I think Russ is town. When you have nothing to hide and genuinely try to get to the heart of why people are posting certain ways you often leave some weird shit in the thread that people grab onto and find weird. I think that is what Russ has done that has myself and some others a little piqued.

@sprityo -- I think Sprityo is Mafia. I think he has been overwhelmed by the volume and is struggling to interject himself because he's being ignored. Perhaps with me having an actual go at him we'll get more out of him.

@Tsaiah -- I find it hard to decide how I feel about Tsaiah except to say that I like the way they play and have enjoyed their contributions. MP giving her such a huge tick of approval bodes well.

@Turnip Head -- Turnip Head hasn't really got rolling into the game yet but has frequently tried to voice opinions and comment on things. I think Turnip Head is town.

So that leaves me with:

DharmaHelper, Infected_Alien, Marmot, Sprityo, RobotNerd277 as suspects.
ColinIsCool as null.
Everyone else as off my radar for now.
What do I need to engage you directly about?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm I'm gonna angle shoot and say that Epi would balance the team to not have two new players on it. I'm gonna say the combinations out of my suspect pool that make the most sense.

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
sprityo needs to be a major topic of discussion regardless because he is one of the most commonly MLed players here in D1/D2 along with sig, yeah? That's my perception anyway.

I agree with your take at face value though. His treatment of me was definitely weird and noncommittal too. I feel like if he's town I would have seen some weird read from him by now because he usually can come up with some pretty unconventional town/scum reads. Instead... nothing really.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 pm I looked into this Mac/Russ dynamic that MP mentioned. They've played in a game together three times:

Yeah I just checked and I went at Russ hard in Star Wars when MP was pretty defensive of him. That's probably what MP is meaning.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm MP is dragging all this slimy MU lingo back with him. :fishslap:
What, expected value or something else? Did I say another thing? :p
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm I'm gonna angle shoot and say that Epi would balance the team to not have two new players on it. I'm gonna say the combinations out of my suspect pool that make the most sense.

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
what? are alignments/roles not assigned completely randomly here?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm MP is dragging all this slimy MU lingo back with him. :fishslap:
This time it was "crosspost". :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm
You needn't. I am suspicious of the fact that despite having voiced suspicion and doubt of you several times I didn't get any snark or anything.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
They are meant to be but I'm just always a sceptic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Yeah I just checked and I went at Russ hard in Star Wars when MP was pretty defensive of him. That's probably what MP is meaning.
That MUST have been it then. I'll go take a look later and see what I'm trying to recall. I must have just remembered Russ being not town; didn't realize he was 3p.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Something I associate with a civilian sprityo is a willingness to stick his finger of suspicion right in the face of any highly active player, unconcerned about the repercussions. Indeed, I think sig does the same thing, and it's something that contributes to their being wrongly suspected in many games.

I'm not seeing that now, however. sprityo has barely dipped his toes into the water even in the posts that he has made.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
I think they have been in this game, primarily because Epi said as much in his first post -- I don't think he's a lying host. Also if he was handpicking I think I'd be a mafioso right now. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 am
abyssum wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:54 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm MP7 Day 0 Rainbow List -- POE Style

Tsaiah

Infected_alien8
JaggedJimmyJay

abyssum
ColinIsCool
Kylemii
MacDougall
sprityo

DharmaHelper
Lunalee
Marmot
RobotNerd277
Russtifinko
Turnip Head

Alphabetical within groups. There's a lot of GTH here. Feel free to ask me about these.

I need to go, lol. Be back later. Best of luck in your hunting, everyone! :D
Also... I'm realizing that it's likely at least one of my green reads is garbage, but I don't give a fuck.

Alright. Bye for real. Lol. ahhhhh
it's sprityo me, isn't it? : (
I was gonna say Mac. But okay :meany:
You gonna cast dispersions against me you better have something to back that up my man or I'll go through you like a freight train.
If I wanted to actually go head to head with you mac, I’d have to have some hard evidence. Otherwise, for the reason on running through me like a freight train, I will never, NEVER make a case against you

simply cause I’m bad at mafia
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:09 am So TO CLARIFY

A_joke.txt
I didn't feel like these were civilian posts from sprityo.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien
They are 99% of the time. They should be always random IMO.

Epignosis is rumored to do randomizing and then slight re-tooling if he thinks it'll be a bad rand. I don't know whether that's actually true. I prefer not to engage it or speculate upon it either way, but that's just me.

I always assume every rand is 100% random.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm

That MUST have been it then. I'll go take a look later and see what I'm trying to recall. I must have just remembered Russ being not town; didn't realize he was 3p.
He was part of a third party faction though and they won the game along with the Hutt Mafia. He felt like Mafia and I took credit as it being a good catch regardless of him not outright being a Mafia faction member.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Oh, yeah, that. Lol.

Hey, you can't expect me to go out into the greater mafia universe (pun intended) and then come back without at least some of the phrases that all of the cool kids are saying. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm Something I associate with a civilian sprityo is a willingness to stick his finger of suspicion right in the face of any highly active player, unconcerned about the repercussions. Indeed, I think sig does the same thing, and it's something that contributes to their being wrongly suspected in many games.

I'm not seeing that now, however. sprityo has barely dipped his toes into the water even in the posts that he has made.
If you see my recent post on the subject of sprityo you will see the exact inverse of what you say you expect from civ sprityo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Oh, yeah, that. Lol.

Hey, you can't expect me to go out into the greater mafia universe (pun intended) and then come back without at least some of the phrases that all of the cool kids are saying. :p
I've seen lots of it. WIM for one. And whatever you guys keep doing with that town! business?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm Something I associate with a civilian sprityo is a willingness to stick his finger of suspicion right in the face of any highly active player, unconcerned about the repercussions. Indeed, I think sig does the same thing, and it's something that contributes to their being wrongly suspected in many games.

If you see my recent post on the subject of sprityo you will see the exact inverse of what you say you expect from civ sprityo.
Yeah I am not a fan.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Agree 100%. I'm not seeing any of the town spark I would expect from him either if he was town. I feel like when he's scum in a very active game he has trouble integrating himself more than when he's town.

I want to tread very carefully though because I swear to fucking god if I help lead an ML sprityo on D1 or D2 again I will hate myself.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The next time I play a game on MU, I will call the vigilante a "ninja" just so they pull their hair out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 am
abyssum wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:54 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm MP7 Day 0 Rainbow List -- POE Style

Tsaiah

Infected_alien8
JaggedJimmyJay

abyssum
ColinIsCool
Kylemii
MacDougall
sprityo

DharmaHelper
Lunalee
Marmot
RobotNerd277
Russtifinko
Turnip Head

Alphabetical within groups. There's a lot of GTH here. Feel free to ask me about these.

I need to go, lol. Be back later. Best of luck in your hunting, everyone! :D
Also... I'm realizing that it's likely at least one of my green reads is garbage, but I don't give a fuck.

Alright. Bye for real. Lol. ahhhhh
it's sprityo me, isn't it? : (
I was gonna say Mac. But okay :meany:
You gonna cast dispersions against me you better have something to back that up my man or I'll go through you like a freight train.
If I wanted to actually go head to head with you mac, I’d have to have some hard evidence. Otherwise, for the reason on running through me like a freight train, I will never, NEVER make a case against you

simply cause I’m bad at mafia
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:09 am So TO CLARIFY

A_joke.txt
I didn't feel like these were civilian posts from sprityo.
Yeah, that's... nothingburger with nothingsauce.

He did the same thing in his treatment of me if I recall correctly. Said stuff about me but when it comes down to it a whole lot of nothing about actually assessing me or what my alignment is. Felt like he was buddying me a bit too which is strange from him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm The next time I play a game on MU, I will call the vigilante a "ninja" just so they pull their hair out.
OMFG. :haha:

You need to inform me of this.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 pmHave you done anything beyond the realm of fun yet in this game?
everything i have ever done in any context has been for fun
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm pretty sure town!sprityo and town!sig suspect me at some point in nearly every game we play together... now that I think about it. :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 pmHave you done anything beyond the realm of fun yet in this game?
everything i have ever done in any context has been for fun
How about when you drop a deuce?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

(also, yes. give me a minute)
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i am delighted to see that MU terminology is not popular here either

finally, i can shed the oppressive shackles of seeing "w/w" forty times a day
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 pm i am delighted to see that MU terminology is not popular here either

Just imagine Dana Scully talking like that. :disappoint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 pm i am delighted to see that MU terminology is not popular here either

Yeah... it definitely is not popular here to say the least. :p
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm
You needn't. I am suspicious of the fact that despite having voiced suspicion and doubt of you several times I didn't get any snark or anything.
Maybe you haven't heard but ya boi ain't read shit.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”