Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:16 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 pm

"In Courage I genuinely thought you were bad." -Golden

Golden was mafia.

I don't see how you were genuine. You were decidedly not genuine because you were bad.
I believed he was also bad.

When there are two bad factions, do you have no genuine baddie reads hunting for the other side?
There was one bad faction and an Egyptian independent.
An independent with role secrets who was clearly messing with everyone and couldn’t be nightkilled. That’s right. If it was an outright serial killer you wouldn’t argue against it being bad.

I’m done with this convo and if you insist on pushing it I’ll sub out. I know this is a game of lying but you push your accusations against my character too far. I explained that was genuine AFTER THE GAME and before this one existed. There is no need for me to lie at that time. It is not a lie, it is what happened.
Your character isn't in question. You are free to lie and cheat as much as you please. That's fair game.

Your agenda here is in question. And that's fair game too. If you want to sub out, sub out. I'm not going to be bullied into not talking about what I wish to discuss because you threaten me with that.
It’s not my agenda. I’m not the one comparing this game to courage. You should ask TH his agenda. He’s the one who is trying to create doubt by using a previous game where I was mafia to shade me here.

My only agenda is defending the aspects of untruth levelled at me.
It's my opinion. You were on the only bad team in the game. You were not genuinely hunting mafia. That's my view. It isn't changing. I modded the game. The previous game has been raised as a something to discuss, so I will discuss it, and I don't disagree with TH. I disagree with you. Get over it.
Well sorry epi, this is calling my character into question. It’s not a subjective opinion you get a say in who you agree with. It’s a fact, and if you can’t sccept that then you aren’t calling me a liar in game, you’re calling me a liar out of game.

You are arrogant and condescending. You like to tell people what they were thinking as though you know better than them. You don’t.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Post by MacDougall »

FYI Enrique didn't vote at all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That SQ lynch was so close. I don't think there was a single bus on it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

This is all about lying in the games Golden. That's like... that's like what mafia is.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:03 am I'd say my biggest problem with Enrique are these two elements:
Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 am I don't worry about Glorfindel. It he's good, people can consider what he says. And mafia will have no choice but to kill him early.
Yeah I've been thinking about this meta and I don't really get it lol. Is this how it usually goes? He must make a really terrible bad guy, right?
In my head, this sounds like, "Really? People actually buy this shit? Meaning we have to kill Glorfindel instead of lynch him? What the hell?"
Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:02 pm glorfindel and epignosis are good imo
I have no idea why I'm lumped in there with Glorfindel, and no explanation is offered. He said, " Glorfindel and Epignosis are my main town reads. Glorf calling SQ's post reasoned etc. was hilarious and weird but I believe his meta stuff." That came later, but again, there's no explanation as to why I'm there.
The Glorfindel situation is pretty ridiculous as you note all the time. And you're legit. Not much else to say about that.
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am Actually Enrique has had a go at me for my poll choices. Quite a few people have at this point.
I don't know if you'd give me the credit but I want to say I'm a big part of the reason why you're not putting Glorfindel up there anymore. I've specifically talked about this in the crew ship with Mac around, so yeah, it's good that he's reading my posts now even if he's clearly just finding out all about them now and shoehorning them into the team he pulled out of his ass.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why is nobody listening to me. I am actually pointing out important stuff here. This game is paralysed by idiocy.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 am This is all about lying in the games Golden. That's like... that's like what mafia is.
I don’t lie when the game is over. I said this when the game was over. I’m fine with people questioning my character in game. When you tell me I’m lying about what I said was happening after the game was over, to me that’s beyond the game and it’s a personal attack.

But apparently because epi modded the game he knows better than I do what was in my mind. Whatever.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 am This is all about lying in the games Golden. That's like... that's like what mafia is.
lmao
Enrique wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm I don’t care, I think you’re town and if I put you on the poll, you get lynched and come back town, then no one can tell me it’s my behaviour that’s antitown.
Disagree.
Seriously?

If I correctly townread someone you believe it’s Antiguan for me to accurately protect them? You think the town thing to do is allow the mislynch?
I completely forgot that the mafia in this game is supposed to lie, so this post makes sense to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 am Why is nobody listening to me. I am actually pointing out important stuff here. This game is paralysed by idiocy.
I am listening. I have a strong town read on you and I’m reading every word. I did tell you people should stop spending all their effort on me. Epi and TH are literally spending all their effort on the last game when I was mafia instead of me in this one.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 pm Nova was on sokoth early, and sokoth was not one of the leading wagons. When sokoth took the lead, nova tried to divert others to seeing Luna as bad while not being willing to swing that way himself.

This has all the hallmarks of distancing becoming bussing to me. It’s like something I would do.
This.

Also nova is one of the few people who have played with Soneji recently, and would know he is a good player. Giving him a reason to off him on night 1. The other one would be Epi, who won a big game with him as scum a few years ago. I bet one of nova or Epi is bad.
How in fuck these two ended up deciding Nova was bad is beyond me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm Luna and speed are the ones I feel best about out of that lynch.
I don't feel that good about Luna, she was kind of hesitating about voting Sokoth, until I told her it was self-defense, and even then she took ser sweet time.

I think there are a few who look worse though. Namely nova, DH, Colin and maybe you too.

TH also gives me chills because he disappeared from the game right before the Sokoth wagon started.
This post is utterly disgusting. Disgusting.

Disgusting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin dying was the worst thing to happen in this game. He was the supertown we needed and had his head in the right place. Epi, Golden, TH and DharmaHelper are all playing games within the game while the villains are just standing around waving their dicks in their faces.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 am Why is nobody listening to me. I am actually pointing out important stuff here. This game is paralysed by idiocy.
I am listening. I have a strong town read on you and I’m reading every word. I did tell you people should stop spending all their effort on me. Epi and TH are literally spending all their effort on the last game when I was mafia instead of me in this one.
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 pm If we're going to consider a DFaraday-Sokoth partnership:

DFaraday had a post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:02 pm (EST).

His next post was Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm (EST).

That's a good three days apart.

The Saturday post was this one:
DFaraday wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am I’m inclined to vote DDL, but am I wrong to to think Sokoth doth protest too much in that initial big post?
That was my initial thought too. Sokoth's response felt weirdly disproportionate to Nova's post, with shades of NO U too. Also him making a point of Nova already putting a vote on him today when votes are changeable reads like he's trying to make Nova look shadier than warranted.

I do agree with DH that DDL was pretty wishy-washy early on, which I hate to admit since our crew is already lagging behind the rest.

I'm not really clear on what the case on Wilgy even is.
It was his first mention of Sokoth, and he was quoting Colin.

Colin's post was dated Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am (EST).

++++

That means there were four hours and thirty-eight minutes between Colin's post and DFaraday's post, which quoted it.

DFaraday's Wednesday post was #484.

DFaraday's Saturday post was #1090.

That means there were three days and 606 posts between DFaraday's Wednesday post and his Saturday post.

And you're telling me that out of 606 posts, the one DFaraday quotes is the one that mentions Sokoth, a player I don't think he's ever played with before? A post that was made over four hours before he made his?

Y'all check my math and shit.

Meanwhile, DFaraday is getting my vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 pm Eh I don't put much stock for or against the nova conspiracy theory. A vote is a vote, it may carry ill intent but it also contains WIFOM.

I kind of not feel so good about nova yesterday. I wanna lynch either him or TH.
Is this literally the first time we’ve ever been reading the game the same way?
:keys:

or

:mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm Nova and I were the first two people to vote for Sokoth so idk what thread you boys are reading tbqh, we're basically heroes
Townie McTownface over here Towning Like a Town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 pm Eh I don't put much stock for or against the nova conspiracy theory. A vote is a vote, it may carry ill intent but it also contains WIFOM.

I kind of not feel so good about nova yesterday. I wanna lynch either him or TH.
Who are your top townreads?
Besides Glorf

Golden, INH.

Everybody else is either neutral or bad and I thank you for helping me notice that. I need to look at some of those neutrals.

Or rather, they need to post more. Too many inactive in this game.
Like why did you say this DDL? Like what did either of them especially INH do up until this point to be YOUR TOP TOWNREADS.

*spits on ground*

Disgusting.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 am Colin dying was the worst thing to happen in this game. He was the supertown we needed and had his head in the right place. Epi, Golden, TH and DharmaHelper are all playing games within the game while the villains are just standing around waving their dicks in their faces.
Hey Mac, please stop waving your dick in my face. I told you this magnifying glass wasn't going to help. Thanks.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You get no credit at all Enrique - both the glorf and Marmot picks were discussed with my crew and what I felt was closest to the team thread consensus. I’m not running captaincy by dictatorship.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey good news I'm gonna out the mafia in less than 24 hours.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 am Colin dying was the worst thing to happen in this game. He was the supertown we needed and had his head in the right place. Epi, Golden, TH and DharmaHelper are all playing games within the game while the villains are just standing around waving their dicks in their faces.
Hey Mac, please stop waving your dick in my face. I told you this magnifying glass wasn't going to help. Thanks.
:keys:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] please join my crew
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 pm okay let's stop horsing around and get Enrique
Yes let's stop horsing around. If we could gag the horses that'd be great.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Alright I just have to walk away for a bit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 am [VOTE: INH] aubergine
I miss you bb plz com back
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 am
Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 pm I feel like a lot of the ongoing discussions are dead-ends. GTH I don't think DDL is bad, he's just being really clumsy lol. Mac is laying pretty low, but we did just start and I don't think his activity so far is indicative of alignment. Glorfindel is all over sig for what looks like nothing to me but... I remember Glorf's first game, and I believe the talk about his meta. sig has been fine.

Got a funny feeling about speedchuck but he hasn't been around a lot and I don't want to contribute to a possible pile-up. Leaving a placeholder vote on Colin for now for no good reason.
I would be okay with an Enrique lynch today. I see nothing by empty opinions in his ISO. This being a prime example.
You died because you had a suspicion of Enrique and DDL Luna. I will avenge you.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 am You get no credit at all Enrique - both the glorf and Marmot picks were discussed with my crew and what I felt was closest to the team thread consensus. I’m not running captaincy by dictatorship.
Not surprised your team wouldn't want to keep fucking over the town like you were. It had to have been change or mutiny.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:27 am
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm Nova and I were the first two people to vote for Sokoth so idk what thread you boys are reading tbqh, we're basically heroes
Lots of getting at him and painting him orange but no intention of putting your vote where your mouth is whatsoever. This isn't going unnoticed.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:58 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:56 pm @Turnhip Head What happened to our cash? I haven't been remunerated in a while captain.
Seriously?

I would call that concerning. Why haven’t you raised it before?
What? No. We got paid from the first night. The second night TH and Colin split it so they could get items. We failed the third night. We can redistribute what we have but it isn't much.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 am
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 am You get no credit at all Enrique - both the glorf and Marmot picks were discussed with my crew and what I felt was closest to the team thread consensus. I’m not running captaincy by dictatorship.
Not surprised your team wouldn't want to keep fucking over the town like you were. It had to have been change or mutiny.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:27 am
Lots of getting at him and painting him orange but no intention of putting your vote where your mouth is whatsoever. This isn't going unnoticed.
Sorry my brain isn't able to process what my eyes are seeing when it is convinced of Mafia. All I can see on the screen is. "I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum I'm scum."

That was a town read on Turnip Head btw Enrique. So voting him would be pretty weird don't you think?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:45 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
Here is where I discredit Glorfindel, just for fun.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 am I’ll confess, I’m a little conflicted about the poll as it is at present. The TH wagon itself looks kinda OK but I can’t quite fathom why friend Turnip Head is a wagon in the first place. If I was TH (Captain of a ship) and was Mafia and I knew that we’d have a potentially limited poll today (effectively 6 but it could’ve been less) I think it’d be a pretty ballsy (read idiotic) move to put myself on the poll as my team’s representative. Mind, I’m perplexed why he would do that if he were Town...?

Wilgy? OK, I’ll agree that mention of Dan’s is not a good look but on its own, I’m not sure how conclusive it is. I find the fact that Epi dropped that vote on Wilgy as he did and then promptly disappeared back into the inky void to be a trifle disconcerting.

Selecting someone from this list today is something of a conundrum...
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
You say you didn't "buy" what I said about DrWilgy, but the above is the only comment you made about him in relation to that post. You said you agreed that the Sokoth mention was not good for him, but other than that, you said nothing about not "buying it." Might be the closest you've ever come to having told a lie, Glorfy. I'd love to have you on the dark side. :grin:

As far as I can tell, Glorfindel, you haven't voted for a single person to be lynched. You didn't vote Day 2. You didn't vote Day 3. I don't think you voted Day 1. Why not?

I'm going to be honest with you now: If you want to have a go at me for my vote, you need to be voting too. Calling Golden honorable means nothing to me. Saying you are a civilian means nothing to me. Helping a crew with a mission means nothing to me. None of it means anything to me if you don't vote to kill somebody.

So don't proclaim being a civilian. That doesn't help. Voting helps. Every Day. Even if it's for me.
Thank you Epi. You’ve proved my point. Even I wasn’t convinced by Dan’s reference to Wiley. “Not a good look” is nowhere near the same as the approach you took - being so convinced that Dan’s remark was evidence of Wilgy’s alignment that you chose to throw your vote on Wilgy then and there (if my memory serves me correctly. I called your approach disengenious and you trying to defend that here just makes it look more so. And no, I’m not going to vote to lynch someone I don’t think is bad - not even if you’re on their wagon. I will however happily vote for someone I do think is sus...
You called me "disconcerting" on Day 3, not "disingenuous."

Lie #2 Glorfindel. :feb:

I had more to say about Wilgy than what Sokoth said, but you're not here to vote out mafia anyway, so...
No, I called you disingenuous...
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 pm

I think you might be asking this question of the wrong person, my friend...
Who else do you think this applies to?
You are having me on, are you not?
No?
I’m not saying that you are wrong in the application of your logic and the conclusions that you’ve drawn but I fear that you are failing to keep an entirely open mind to what is happening in this game, my friend.
I don’t understand what you’re seeing. Can you be more clear?
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so. Yeah, it’s been an age since I’ve played here but my recollections of having played with Epi are still strong. The Epi I remember would never have accepted so blindly such a disingenuous case brought up by anyone else so why was he satisfied to do so himself on this occasion? Where is that laser-like analysis of which he is capable? Where in fact IS he? He’s barely posted. Why is no one talking about him? He’s one of the best and most experienced players on this site. I don’t know about you but I smell a very big, stinky rat...
I don’t mean to appear at all rude but may I ask why you’re still here? I think I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the prominent players on this site and to be honest, if I were Mafia, I’d consider having ‘Town Epi’ running free would be an unacceptable risk and NK the first chance I got. Just goes to show, the players that have been Nk’d seem harmless in comparison.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:42 pm I want more talk on INH. Why isn’t he bad in the context of yesterday’s lynch?
You were a good man Colin.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm I do think it's likely there's scum other than sokoth on the Luna wagon. I don't think it's DDL. That leaves DH, owner and inh.
Don't think it's DDL hey?

Golden. Plz.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm You know it's really annoying to see people calling me "fucking terrible" and "inconsistency and contradictory".

Yes my playstyle is loose and crazy. I change my votes all the time. I do things for personal reasons and don't bother to explain them. I post whatever random thoughts come to my mind without worrying if that's consistent with my previous posts or whatever. I don't care, I like to be free to do whatever I feel like, specially because I'm a way more controlled person irl and here is where I get to be random.

You wanna point out that I'm being scummy, fine. Look at my posts and find for things that look like lies, or fabricated, or artificial, or buddying, or bussing, or things that are, you know, actually related to a guy who got a baddie role card and must pretend he's a civ. But don't say I'm bad because I'm being random. I am random.

/rant
Y'aint terrible. You're still here on day whatever the fuck. You boys have been making idiots out of the town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If the scum team is DDL, Enrique, Golden and INH that would be on the shortlist of the worst possible team to have to contend with I could come up with.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 am
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm I do think it's likely there's scum other than sokoth on the Luna wagon. I don't think it's DDL. That leaves DH, owner and inh.

Golden. Plz.
FFS maci don’t hard defend teammates and I never will.

I genuinely don’t think DDL is bad. Could I be wrong? Of course - your points are compelling. But I’ve found him sincere.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 am

Golden. Plz.
FFS maci don’t hard defend teammates and I never will.

I genuinely don’t think DDL is bad. Could I be wrong? Of course - your points are compelling. But I’ve found him sincere.
We've been over this. Pleading to your meta doesn't sell me. Ever.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You keep telling me that you've read my points. That they're compelling. You haven't given me your perspective in anything other than surface level thumbs up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Look whoever the townies here are please allow me to make this easy for you.

This poll is shit. There are no compelling people to vote for on it. Today is about scum hunting outside the poll. Marmot is getting lynched today because he is on Golden's crew of 5 and Golden needs to have less ability to put shitty candidates up for lynch when we have a good poll to vote from.

We need to get rid of E, DDL and INH in any order as a matter of urgency.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:45 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
Here is where I discredit Glorfindel, just for fun.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 am I’ll confess, I’m a little conflicted about the poll as it is at present. The TH wagon itself looks kinda OK but I can’t quite fathom why friend Turnip Head is a wagon in the first place. If I was TH (Captain of a ship) and was Mafia and I knew that we’d have a potentially limited poll today (effectively 6 but it could’ve been less) I think it’d be a pretty ballsy (read idiotic) move to put myself on the poll as my team’s representative. Mind, I’m perplexed why he would do that if he were Town...?

Wilgy? OK, I’ll agree that mention of Dan’s is not a good look but on its own, I’m not sure how conclusive it is. I find the fact that Epi dropped that vote on Wilgy as he did and then promptly disappeared back into the inky void to be a trifle disconcerting.

Selecting someone from this list today is something of a conundrum...
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
You say you didn't "buy" what I said about DrWilgy, but the above is the only comment you made about him in relation to that post. You said you agreed that the Sokoth mention was not good for him, but other than that, you said nothing about not "buying it." Might be the closest you've ever come to having told a lie, Glorfy. I'd love to have you on the dark side. :grin:

As far as I can tell, Glorfindel, you haven't voted for a single person to be lynched. You didn't vote Day 2. You didn't vote Day 3. I don't think you voted Day 1. Why not?

I'm going to be honest with you now: If you want to have a go at me for my vote, you need to be voting too. Calling Golden honorable means nothing to me. Saying you are a civilian means nothing to me. Helping a crew with a mission means nothing to me. None of it means anything to me if you don't vote to kill somebody.

So don't proclaim being a civilian. That doesn't help. Voting helps. Every Day. Even if it's for me.
Thank you Epi. You’ve proved my point. Even I wasn’t convinced by Dan’s reference to Wiley. “Not a good look” is nowhere near the same as the approach you took - being so convinced that Dan’s remark was evidence of Wilgy’s alignment that you chose to throw your vote on Wilgy then and there (if my memory serves me correctly. I called your approach disengenious and you trying to defend that here just makes it look more so. And no, I’m not going to vote to lynch someone I don’t think is bad - not even if you’re on their wagon. I will however happily vote for someone I do think is sus...
You called me "disconcerting" on Day 3, not "disingenuous."

Lie #2 Glorfindel. :feb:

I had more to say about Wilgy than what Sokoth said, but you're not here to vote out mafia anyway, so...
No, I called you disingenuous...
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Who else do you think this applies to?
You are having me on, are you not?
No?
I’m not saying that you are wrong in the application of your logic and the conclusions that you’ve drawn but I fear that you are failing to keep an entirely open mind to what is happening in this game, my friend.
I don’t understand what you’re seeing. Can you be more clear?
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so. Yeah, it’s been an age since I’ve played here but my recollections of having played with Epi are still strong. The Epi I remember would never have accepted so blindly such a disingenuous case brought up by anyone else so why was he satisfied to do so himself on this occasion? Where is that laser-like analysis of which he is capable? Where in fact IS he? He’s barely posted. Why is no one talking about him? He’s one of the best and most experienced players on this site. I don’t know about you but I smell a very big, stinky rat...
You called a case disingenuous Day 4. Not Day 3, when Wilgy was still alive. When Wilgy was still alive, you called my activity "disconcerting." You never voiced a strong opinion against a Wilgy lynch, and now you're coming in here acting like you knew better even though you said nothing to defend him. I searched your posts. I know what you said and when.
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 am I don’t mean to appear at all rude but may I ask why you’re still here? I think I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the prominent players on this site and to be honest, if I were Mafia, I’d consider having ‘Town Epi’ running free would be an unacceptable risk and NK the first chance I got. Just goes to show, the players that have been Nk’d seem harmless in comparison.
I don't mean to appear rude either, but if you were mafia, you wouldn't have the luxury of killing me, because I would have had you lynched Day 1 when you wouldn't say the magic words. :)

On the one hand, you've called me out for not being around, for "[accepting] so blindly a disingenuous case," (which was, my own case, and since I'm a civilian, it was decidedly not disingenuous), and now you're calling me out for not being dead.

Go on and marinate on that for a minute.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 am
It's my opinion. You were on the only bad team in the game. You were not genuinely hunting mafia. That's my view. It isn't changing. I modded the game. The previous game has been raised as a something to discuss, so I will discuss it, and I don't disagree with TH. I disagree with you. Get over it.
Sorry but I have to side with Golden here. You don't get to disagree on someone's feelings or mental state.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 am If the scum team is DDL, Enrique, Golden and INH that would be on the shortlist of the worst possible team to have to contend with I could come up with.
While you're at it you should read my posts on Golden + crew and figure out how they relate to DDL. The posts on the Serenity too. This whole thing where he wanted to put Glorfindel on the poll every night would have 100% won him the game as scum if his crew (including teammate DDL and potentially more) had let him get away with it. Getting Marmot on was an improvement but even he's downplaying it ("it was a democratic decision"). His crew went from being the most talked about players of Day 1 to being shielded for the rest of the game supposedly because Golden immediately town-read all of them and wouldn't let us challenge him on that.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway screw that tangent, I'm really liking Mac's analysis of Enrique/DDL.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:47 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 am If the scum team is DDL, Enrique, Golden and INH that would be on the shortlist of the worst possible team to have to contend with I could come up with.
While you're at it you should read my posts on Golden + crew and figure out how they relate to DDL. The posts on the Serenity too. This whole thing where he wanted to put Glorfindel on the poll every night would have 100% won him the game as scum if his crew (including teammate DDL and potentially more) had let him get away with it. Getting Marmot on was an improvement but even he's downplaying it ("it was a democratic decision"). His crew went from being the most talked about players of Day 1 to being shielded for the rest of the game supposedly because Golden immediately town-read all of them and wouldn't let us challenge him on that.
In fairness every ship's captain has been defensive of their crew for dumb reasons including ours.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am You keep telling me that you've read my points. That they're compelling. You haven't given me your perspective in anything other than surface level thumbs up.
Yeah, I’m trying not to emotionally invest right now. I really do need to walk away. But I’ll come back to it in more depth later.

As for clearing out my crew - I will put glorf up again if I think you’re trying to make my life harder. I can fire anyone I actually think is bad, I’ve said this before. If you can’t convince me with words, you won’t convince me by trying to use mechanics against me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:47 am
Sorry but I have to side with Golden here. You don't get to disagree on someone's feelings or mental state.
:hugs: :hugs: thanks nut you have no idea how much I needed someone to say that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm listening and I think your findings are excellent. We need to get those fools on the poll stat.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I can disagree if someone calls himself "genuine."
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm Can we CFD Enrique please?
I'm in
Oh I wish this would happen.
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am You keep telling me that you've read my points. That they're compelling. You haven't given me your perspective in anything other than surface level thumbs up.
Yeah, I’m trying not to emotionally invest right now. I really do need to walk away. But I’ll come back to it in more depth later.

As for clearing out my crew - I will put glorf up again if I think you’re trying to make my life harder. I can fire anyone I actually think is bad, I’ve said this before. If you can’t convince me with words, you won’t convince me by trying to use mechanics against me.
You have a strong town read on me. You think my points are salient. Why are you against putting DDL on the poll to the point where you would put Glorfindel and Marmot on it? If you are town this is bad play and not democratic. You are not a bad player. You are a strategic and very sensible townie. Town you would give in and give us this. This is why I am suspicious of you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:50 am
I can disagree if someone calls himself "genuine."
Sure, as long as you understand that means you are calling me a liar outside of the context of an in game situation.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also agree. Whoever bought the fucking clamps, you are responsible for Colin's death and he will be avenged. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:49 am

Then your crew has the obligation to mutiny you. You should go take that breather and come back later to argue but in the game this is true.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”