Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:52 am I'd like to offer spots on board this ship to the following players

DharmaHelper
Epignosis
Glorfindel
Golden
novaselinenever
nutella
speedchuck

I appreciate the offer, but I like my boat.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Assuming this is all kosher, I accept a spot aboard Macs Bonnie Mae
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Post by MacDougall »

Just offering it to all my town reads in case y'all wondering.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

After being rebuffed by his first suitor, Turnip Head offers roses to [mention]speedchuck[/mention] and [mention]Glorfindel[/mention]
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Mac, I’d recommend bringing on board DDL. You may not town read him, but you always must stick one on the poll. And if you’re wrong he’s good value.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall picked up a photo frame and stroked it with one finger. A tear gently rolling down his face.

He hung the frame on the wall of the ship and took a step back. He looked at it and smiled, fighting back tears.

"I'll make this right. I promise."

ColinIsCool, Wilgy and Lunalee's smiling faces looked back at him.

"You'll always have a place on my ship."
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am Mac, I’d recommend bringing on board DDL. You may not town read him, but you always must stick one on the poll. And if you’re wrong he’s good value.
Hard pass.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am MacDougall picked up a photo frame and stroked it with one finger. A tear gently rolling down his face.

He hung the frame on the wall of the ship and took a step back. He looked at it and smiled, fighting back tears.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am MacDougall picked up a photo frame and stroked it with one finger. A tear gently rolling down his face.

Are you admitting that you are the bad guy in this adventure story? Like did you just outright scum slip?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mac does town things
Turnip Head loves him and wants him on his ship
Mac gets his own ship
Turnip Head wants to kill Mac

Pretty villainous.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well, I'm tired. It's exhausting being a dad and taking your kids to the North Carolina Museum of Natural History, then playing basketball with them, traveling an hour and a half there and back, while hosting a game that has more fucking posts by Day 1 than this game has in its entirety, never mind having to make special spreadsheets for that game for another subset of players.

Gosh, I don't know where I've been Glorfindel.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:46 am
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:45 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
Here is where I discredit Glorfindel, just for fun.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 am I’ll confess, I’m a little conflicted about the poll as it is at present. The TH wagon itself looks kinda OK but I can’t quite fathom why friend Turnip Head is a wagon in the first place. If I was TH (Captain of a ship) and was Mafia and I knew that we’d have a potentially limited poll today (effectively 6 but it could’ve been less) I think it’d be a pretty ballsy (read idiotic) move to put myself on the poll as my team’s representative. Mind, I’m perplexed why he would do that if he were Town...?

Wilgy? OK, I’ll agree that mention of Dan’s is not a good look but on its own, I’m not sure how conclusive it is. I find the fact that Epi dropped that vote on Wilgy as he did and then promptly disappeared back into the inky void to be a trifle disconcerting.

Selecting someone from this list today is something of a conundrum...
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so.
You say you didn't "buy" what I said about DrWilgy, but the above is the only comment you made about him in relation to that post. You said you agreed that the Sokoth mention was not good for him, but other than that, you said nothing about not "buying it." Might be the closest you've ever come to having told a lie, Glorfy. I'd love to have you on the dark side. :grin:

As far as I can tell, Glorfindel, you haven't voted for a single person to be lynched. You didn't vote Day 2. You didn't vote Day 3. I don't think you voted Day 1. Why not?

I'm going to be honest with you now: If you want to have a go at me for my vote, you need to be voting too. Calling Golden honorable means nothing to me. Saying you are a civilian means nothing to me. Helping a crew with a mission means nothing to me. None of it means anything to me if you don't vote to kill somebody.

So don't proclaim being a civilian. That doesn't help. Voting helps. Every Day. Even if it's for me.
Thank you Epi. You’ve proved my point. Even I wasn’t convinced by Dan’s reference to Wiley. “Not a good look” is nowhere near the same as the approach you took - being so convinced that Dan’s remark was evidence of Wilgy’s alignment that you chose to throw your vote on Wilgy then and there (if my memory serves me correctly. I called your approach disengenious and you trying to defend that here just makes it look more so. And no, I’m not going to vote to lynch someone I don’t think is bad - not even if you’re on their wagon. I will however happily vote for someone I do think is sus...
You called me "disconcerting" on Day 3, not "disingenuous."

Lie #2 Glorfindel. :feb:

I had more to say about Wilgy than what Sokoth said, but you're not here to vote out mafia anyway, so...
No, I called you disingenuous...
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 pm

You are having me on, are you not?
No?
I’m not saying that you are wrong in the application of your logic and the conclusions that you’ve drawn but I fear that you are failing to keep an entirely open mind to what is happening in this game, my friend.
I don’t understand what you’re seeing. Can you be more clear?
Who was it that lit the fire under that appalling Dr Wilgy wagon? Yes, our friend Epi with that excerpt of Dan’s post allegedly implicating Wilgy. I didn’t buy it and have been proven right in not having done so. Yeah, it’s been an age since I’ve played here but my recollections of having played with Epi are still strong. The Epi I remember would never have accepted so blindly such a disingenuous case brought up by anyone else so why was he satisfied to do so himself on this occasion? Where is that laser-like analysis of which he is capable? Where in fact IS he? He’s barely posted. Why is no one talking about him? He’s one of the best and most experienced players on this site. I don’t know about you but I smell a very big, stinky rat...
You called a case disingenuous Day 4. Not Day 3, when Wilgy was still alive. When Wilgy was still alive, you called my activity "disconcerting." You never voiced a strong opinion against a Wilgy lynch, and now you're coming in here acting like you knew better even though you said nothing to defend him. I searched your posts. I know what you said and when.
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 am I don’t mean to appear at all rude but may I ask why you’re still here? I think I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the prominent players on this site and to be honest, if I were Mafia, I’d consider having ‘Town Epi’ running free would be an unacceptable risk and NK the first chance I got. Just goes to show, the players that have been Nk’d seem harmless in comparison.
I don't mean to appear rude either, but if you were mafia, you wouldn't have the luxury of killing me, because I would have had you lynched Day 1 when you wouldn't say the magic words. :)

On the one hand, you've called me out for not being around, for "[accepting] so blindly a disingenuous case," (which was, my own case, and since I'm a civilian, it was decidedly not disingenuous), and now you're calling me out for not being dead.

Go on and marinate on that for a minute.
That is correct. I DID call a case disingenuous Day 4 - YOUR case against Dr Wilgy to be precise. I never voiced concern against a Wilgy lynch you say?
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:23 pm What if there's no bad guys on the poll :puppy:
This very thought is starting to worry the living daylights out of me.
Very convenient you overlooked that, my friend. The way I see things is this: I know ‘Town Epi’. I’ve played many games here with ‘Town Epi’. I know how insightful and incisive and well considered are the conclusions of ‘Town Epi’. Sir, you’re no ‘Town Epi’.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 am Mac does town things
Turnip Head loves him and wants him on his ship
Mac gets his own ship
Turnip Head wants to kill Mac

Pretty villainous.
That's just the first two acts of a five act play. Still plenty of room for the characters to grow....... Unless your ship unexpectedly explodes :dark:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Maybe we should lynch Turnip Head given he is a big man with a big ship
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:44 am Captain Golden (The Genius of The Syndicate) has become disgruntled and fired his entire crew.

@speedchuck
@Glorfindel
@Marmot
@Dragon D. Luffy

You are all now free agents. If you don’t find a new position by the end of the poll, you will not be allowed to post during N4 and will be on the Day 5 lynch poll. Good luck!
I refuse to be fired. I don’t accept this. I am appealing this decision on the grounds that Cap was under intense duress at the time of making this decision and hence it was invalid (there is ALWAYS grounds for temporary incapacity in these things). I will remain on board the Bonnie Mae with my Captain thank you very much.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 am Maybe we should lynch Turnip Head given he is a big man with a big ship
:| stop it
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorf

:hugs: it's ok man. If I give in to duress clearly I don't have the right emotional temperament to be the captain. And besides, it was part emotional (I want Mac to see how hard it is to actually be in the captain shoes) but it was part rational as well - Mac is also a good choice. He has my support.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is what my crew should be saying:

:p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was hoping I'd get to use that quote on someone who quit or tried to mutiny on me lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:32 am Glorf

:hugs: it's ok man. If I give in to duress clearly I don't have the right emotional temperament to be the captain. And besides, it was part emotional (I want Mac to see how hard it is to actually be in the captain shoes) but it was part rational as well - Mac is also a good choice. He has my support.
Lol I'm sorry mate I am a father of two and run a business that employs a dozen people between the age of 18 to 25. I am pretty sure I can handle the duties of pretend ships captain on a forums mafia game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 am
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:32 am Glorf

Lol I'm sorry mate I am a father of two and run a business that employs a dozen people between the age of 18 to 25. I am pretty sure I can handle the duties of pretend ships captain on a forums mafia game.
No, no, you're already doing it wrong. You have to play up how hard it is :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The only thing hard about it is that I now have to meme post against the two best meme posters on the site.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 am The only thing hard about it is that I now have to meme post against the two best meme posters on the site.
I think I need to reinvent myself into a shitposting marmot/TH style of player.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DH has negan and TH has Daenerys. You have to find your HBO character.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Wait negan isn't actually HBO is he damn it thought I had a clever thing going
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 am DH has negan and TH has Daenerys. You have to find your HBO character.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The best HBO character:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 am The only thing hard about it is that I now have to meme post against the two best meme posters on the site.
I think I need to reinvent myself into a shitposting marmot/TH style of player.
it's fun
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 am DH has negan and TH has Daenerys. You have to find your HBO character.
I’m going to post nothing but Tony Soprano GIFs in my next game
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tell me this isn't all to lynch me.

I'm not worth all that drama and effort.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 am Image
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 am Tell me this isn't all to lynch me.

I'm not worth all that drama and effort.
DDL please tap your heels together three times and say Yunqui
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lemme catch up first.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You're going to invite DDL on board your ship? Do you think he is town?

I would hope your crew are prepared to mutiny if they feel similar to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:12 am Sir, you’re no ‘Town Epi’.
Strike three. :charlieblackmon:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:16 am You're going to invite DDL on board your ship? Do you think he is town?

I would hope your crew are prepared to mutiny if they feel similar to me.
I've got a leash for him :charlieblackmon:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually sure why not.

DDL accepts TH's offer to take a position in the Yun Qui.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I told you guys, I don't get mislynched in this site. Give up, it doesn't happen.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DDL please don't get mad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 am I told you guys, I don't get mislynched in this site. Give up, it doesn't happen.
So when we lynch you tomorrow you'll flip Mafia. Cool. Thank you for making this easy.

Turnip Head if you don't put him on the poll I am going to post so mad at you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Easy, tiger 🐅
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't make me use caps Turnip Head.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 am I told you guys, I don't get mislynched in this site. Give up, it doesn't happen.
So when we lynch you tomorrow you'll flip Mafia. Cool. Thank you for making this easy.

So this is the part where I say something like "man after I flip civ it will be so satisfying to see you realize that you have wasted all this effort on me".

Except I just remembered you replaced in like yesterday and that I'm mistaking you for the other resident sarcastic dudebro, DH. Who was pretty keen on attacking me in the first one or two days but has since then stopped talking about it. Or doing anything memorable. Actually it does seem like he has an acceptable post count but I'm struggling to find anything remarkable.

Where is DH and why did we let him go MIA?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This is the weirdest lynch
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am

So this is the part where I say something like "man after I flip civ it will be so satisfying to see you realize that you have wasted all this effort on me".

Except I just remembered you replaced in like yesterday and that I'm mistaking you for the other resident sarcastic dudebro, DH. Who was pretty keen on attacking me in the first one or two days but has since then stopped talking about it. Or doing anything memorable. Actually it does seem like he has an acceptable post count but I'm struggling to find anything remarkable.

Where is DH and why did we let him go MIA?
I would like to think that I am not generally considered a "sarcastic dudebro". :faint:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The point is that I've been meaning to give DH a "told you so" moment for a long time then at some point he vanished and got replaced by a clone that looks like Mac.

I mean telling that to Mac is satisfying but it's not the same thing.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Enrique wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:25 pm I've hardly had scum suspicion aside from DDL
Translation: I found a popular wagon that lets me coast on and not do any further effort in pretending to hunt people.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:14 am I cannot see any push on Golden?
He had three votes on him at the time. 2 from inactives who voted him without saying anything, and 1 from... I dunno, some OMGUS dude.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So my logic was simple: there is one guy I'm wanting to lynch here: Enrique. There are two people with a realistic chance of being lynched: Golden and Mac. One of them I'm reading as a civ. The other is Mac.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 am Why is nobody listening to me. I am actually pointing out important stuff here. This game is paralysed by idiocy.
You know what you feel like to me?

JJJ from Ass Class.

Return to “Previous Jobs”