Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 7]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:11 pm 4 mafia seems to little for a game this size.
4 mafia + 1 Third Party = 5 non civ roles which is ~1/4th of players. :shrug:

5 mafia + 1 Third Party could be I guess.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

5 mafia + 1 3P is 1/4, and you are still skewing it by assuming the 3P will side with mafia.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

if you exclude the indie you have 5/22 players, which gives us 23%, a proportion I think is average for a game where the civs don't get much role power.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

idk I just have my concerns about DH. I think he reads a little tone deaf atm, both about his involvement in lynching mafia as well as in the direction that Yun Qui is headed this game. I wonder what both crews think about him.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:29 pm idk I just have my concerns about DH. I think he reads a little tone deaf atm, both about his involvement in lynching mafia as well as in the direction that Yun Qui is headed this game. I wonder what both crews think about him.
:shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:29 pm idk I just have my concerns about DH. I think he reads a little tone deaf atm, both about his involvement in lynching mafia as well as in the direction that Yun Qui is headed this game. I wonder what both crews think about him.
TH, I am totally turned off by how he came aboard our ship and instead of engaging us about the game tried to get us to mutiny without picking up on the fact that there was no desire to mutiny, and then came into this thread with the same crap. And I'm glad he put the three bad guys on the poll but I wouldn't call that flushing them out. In other words he seems to have a grandiose sense of self but I can't say that makes him bad. Why put 3 of his teammates on the poll? One or maybe two I could see but not three. Maybe I am overlooking something in his behavior but I have a hard time calling him bad at this juncture.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

We need more people to weigh in.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:50 pm
TH, I am totally turned off by how he came aboard our ship and instead of engaging us about the game tried to get us to mutiny without picking up on the fact that there was no desire to mutiny, and then came into this thread with the same crap. And I'm glad he put the three bad guys on the poll but I wouldn't call that flushing them out. In other words he seems to have a grandiose sense of self but I can't say that makes him bad. Why put 3 of his teammates on the poll? One or maybe two I could see but not three. Maybe I am overlooking something in his behavior but I have a hard time calling him bad at this juncture.
:noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

TH what was your thought process for staying at a location you knew only had the difficult mission left to play with?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I didn't know it only had the difficult mission. When we got here there were 3 available
I expressed in ship chat that I was going for the medium one
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm I didn't know it only had the difficult mission. When we got here there were 3 available
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I forget, is Juliets currently Mac, Glorf, Sig, or Lap?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:12 pm I forget, is Juliets currently Mac, Glorf, Sig, or Lap?
Glorf.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

We are at Harvest so I'm assuming either DH's old crew or the Bonnie Mac has been here recently
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:08 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm I didn't know it only had the difficult mission. When we got here there were 3 available
He did say this - I responded to it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:08 pm
He did say this - I responded to it.
I know he said that but the thing is when I was Captain of the Serenity Daisy told me exactly which missions I could pick from, and she told me when someone had beaten us to a location and picked an option before us. So how could TH have shot for the middle option when he would have been fully aware the only option left was the difficult mission.

I dunno man you guys do what you want I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So Im a little confused but iirc we were about to do the easy mission on Harvest last night until Daisy came to our chat and said she had made a mistake and we were now doing the moderate mission.

Are you sure you guys didnt do the easy mission?

[mention]Golden[/mention] may know more about this subject.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:34 pm So Im a little confused but iirc we were about to do the easy mission on Harvest last night until Daisy came to our chat and said she had made a mistake and we were now doing the moderate mission.

@Golden may know more about this subject.
You must have gotten the medium mission right before we asked for it. We did the easy mission the night before I'm pretty sure. TH can verify.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:45 am Define flushed
I don't think I understand this either DH. I know nova flushed out Sokoth and it seems like Mac flushed out Enrique and I didn't attribute any one person to Faraday. But I could be wrong. I'd love to have a reason to clear you so please explain how you flushed out all three.
I suspected SQ and put him on the poll and he got lynched = Bam got 'em
I suspected Enrique and put him on the poll and he got lynched = Bam got 'em
I couldn't safely say which of my crew was bad, so I did the only logical thing and tanked the last Serenity mission on purpose to put both DF and INH on the poll. DF was bad and got lynched. Got 'em.

Facts are facts fam there would be no mafia lynches without me.
This is a fair point, but I also looked back at the polls and you voted for Luna when Sokoth was lynched and for TH when Enrique was lynched.

I don't like mechanical arguments. When people were accusing me as captain of protecting people in my crew by putting Glorfindel up, I said something along the lines of 'if I'm scum I don't protect my scum buddies in this way', which is true, I wouldn't - instead I'd put out whoever was getting the most heat and if it's my teammate so be it. In fact, I'd probably put my teammates on the poll every day because it's good cred later (as in now). Besides that, it looks like half your crew was scum so you had a pretty high chance of putting one of them on the poll in any event.

Sokoth was lynched as one out of twelve and Enrique as one out of seven. In both cases it went down to the wire and there was no guarantee that person was who was going to go at the start of the day.

There's at least one deepwolf somewhere. I have townread everyone left in the game at some point. Who left is bad has to go beyond mechanics.

I'm not saying this makes you bad DH, I'm just saying I don't buy mechanics as the reason you are good. In my mind I still remember the teammate analysis you did for Sokoth and that's a better indicator for me.

Sorry for being mostly absent in the last phase. I'm going to try to be much more active again in this phase.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:42 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:45 am Define flushed
I don't think I understand this either DH. I know nova flushed out Sokoth and it seems like Mac flushed out Enrique and I didn't attribute any one person to Faraday. But I could be wrong. I'd love to have a reason to clear you so please explain how you flushed out all three.
I suspected SQ and put him on the poll and he got lynched = Bam got 'em
I suspected Enrique and put him on the poll and he got lynched = Bam got 'em
I couldn't safely say which of my crew was bad, so I did the only logical thing and tanked the last Serenity mission on purpose to put both DF and INH on the poll. DF was bad and got lynched. Got 'em.

Facts are facts fam there would be no mafia lynches without me.
This is a fair point, but I also looked back at the polls and you voted for Luna when Sokoth was lynched and for TH when Enrique was lynched.

I don't like mechanical arguments. When people were accusing me as captain of protecting people in my crew by putting Glorfindel up, I said something along the lines of 'if I'm scum I don't protect my scum buddies in this way', which is true, I wouldn't - instead I'd put out whoever was getting the most heat and if it's my teammate so be it. In fact, I'd probably put my teammates on the poll every day because it's good cred later (as in now). Besides that, it looks like half your crew was scum so you had a pretty high chance of putting one of them on the poll in any event.

Sokoth was lynched as one out of twelve and Enrique as one out of seven. In both cases it went down to the wire and there was no guarantee that person was who was going to go at the start of the day.

There's at least one deepwolf somewhere. I have townread everyone left in the game at some point. Who left is bad has to go beyond mechanics.

I'm not saying this makes you bad DH, I'm just saying I don't buy mechanics as the reason you are good. In my mind I still remember the teammate analysis you did for Sokoth and that's a better indicator for me.

Sorry for being mostly absent in the last phase. I'm going to try to be much more active again in this phase.
My point is I'm good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:34 pm So Im a little confused but iirc we were about to do the easy mission on Harvest last night until Daisy came to our chat and said she had made a mistake and we were now doing the moderate mission.

@Golden may know more about this subject.
Nah, It was as simple as this. Mac subbed in as cohost and followed Daisy's notes. Daisy had crossed off the wrong mission in her notes. No biggie to it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, I see, TH was also at Harvest, I get the context now.

I've no knowledge of whether I've ever been at the same location as another crew before. It's possible that we could both attempt the same mission, I suppose? I never got a notification about TH picking one sooner and there only being one left, and given the mistake was found rather late in the phase and TH probably would have identified the error if he received the same thing I did... I would have guessed TH would have picked a mission earlier than I ended up doing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Noting I hit this day with a townread on everyone, I'm doing a ranking of how I currently gut feel from least likely to be mafia to most likely to be mafia.

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

As it stands I can see any of the bottom five being deepwolf but I don't believe the top two are.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So I think I'll start from the bottom and work my way up today.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:48 pm Oh, I see, TH was also at Harvest, I get the context now.

I've no knowledge of whether I've ever been at the same location as another crew before. It's possible that we could both attempt the same mission, I suppose? I never got a notification about TH picking one sooner and there only being one left, and given the mistake was found rather late in the phase and TH probably would have identified the error if he received the same thing I did... I would have guessed TH would have picked a mission earlier than I ended up doing.
[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] could you verify what we did? What Daisy or Mac said to you as it regards this subject.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I also feel bad about Nutella but I want to be able to nationalize it before I go around at voting.

I think I will do more isos tomorrow morning.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

EBWOP: rationalize
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Like it's more like I read everyone else as civ while nutella is her usual unreadable flip-floppery self.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:42 pm
I agree with this. But I still think it's more likely you.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:52 pm Noting I hit this day with a townread on everyone, I'm doing a ranking of how I currently gut feel from least likely to be mafia to most likely to be mafia.

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

As it stands I can see any of the bottom five being deepwolf but I don't believe the top two are.
Tbh this reads like an excuse for being wrong when you mislynch me. "Oh I was going to get to those people"

But maybe I'm confirmation biasing your posts again and shouldn't automatically ascribe bad motive to it. I don't fault anyone for honestly thinking I'm bad, but I do think the mafia are gleefully tagging along with it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:52 pm Noting I hit this day with a townread on everyone, I'm doing a ranking of how I currently gut feel from least likely to be mafia to most likely to be mafia.

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

Golden, what puts INH up at the top of your list?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

Tbh this reads like an excuse for being wrong when you mislynch me. "Oh I was going to get to those people"

But maybe I'm confirmation biasing your posts again and shouldn't automatically ascribe bad motive to it. I don't fault anyone for honestly thinking I'm bad, but I do think the mafia are gleefully tagging along with it.
Can there really be any accusation that I haven’t already got to TH?

No one has ‘gleefully gone along’ with me all game and I think I might be alone in having you dead last anyway.

But if you want me to add to why I have you bottom, that kind of preemptive but empty defense is unhelpful in the extreme. Why not wait to see what I do if the goal is to catch me? Instead it reads to me like finding ways to discredit what I do before I do it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

Gut trust.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:53 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:48 pm Oh, I see, TH was also at Harvest, I get the context now.

@Turnip Head could you verify what we did? What Daisy or Mac said to you as it regards this subject.
Two nights ago we were at Harvest and there were 3 missions, we did the easy one
Last night I stayed at Harvest but the only mission left was difficult

Golden's recounting of events makes sense to me. We must have both picked the same planet
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

Gut trust.
Ok and forgive me for pushing but I'm wavering on him, is there anything that's inspired that gut trust? Something that happened on the ship maybe that you don't want to or can't talk about?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:30 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Juliets
INH
DH
Epi
DDL
TH
nutella

Gut trust.
Ok and forgive me for pushing but I'm wavering on him, is there anything that's inspired that gut trust? Something that happened on the ship maybe that you don't want to or can't talk about?
There is one very specific thing but I’d prefer to sit on it for now. If inh is in danger of being lynched I’ll be more clear.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why sit on it?

Golden what do you think of Yun Qui in general
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Also if you have time why is ddl so low on your rainbow? I go back and forth on him
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 pm Also if you have time why is ddl so low on your rainbow? I go back and forth on him
Because I gut read the other four above him as more likely town. These things are all relative to the other people so maybe low is the wrong word... it’s hard for me to see it in that way when I’m thinking derpwolf. I’d say that what I learned doing that list is that I felt like of the bottom five I’ve scrutinised you and DDL a decent amount, Nutella and DH just a bit and epi not at all.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Derpwolf lol
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:08 pm Why sit on it?

That you’ve played ship games far worse than my crew ever has, and that I’m extremely confident you have at least one wolf if not both and I’m worried your crew unity will lose the town the game.

I think you all need to scrutinise each other more than you have.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:20 pm Derpwolf lol
:haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Why sit on it? Because it’s the right thing to do.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:20 pm

That you’ve played ship games far worse than my crew ever has, and that I’m extremely confident you have at least one wolf if not both and I’m worried your crew unity will lose the town the game.

Sounds pretty manipulative dude
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm Why sit on it? Because it’s the right thing to do.
My life motto tbh

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yun Qui is like a cult you should see the ship thread they have zero interest in hunting mafia its pretty scary I was scared.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:22 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm Why sit on it? Because it’s the right thing to do.
My life motto tbh
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No one understands Yun qui and I fucking love it. It's like an adoptive family and DH is our little rugrat
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:22 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Sounds pretty manipulative dude
Let’s imagine for a moment there’s two wolves left and they’re, for arguments sake, me and DDL. Why do we kill speed and leave your kumbaya tribe all alive to pick us off together?

I think what’s manipulative is whoever is most responsible for refusing to allow suspicion on their crew. Right now I perceive that person to be Nutella. But it could be you...

I don’t know why any townie would be anti examination of their own crew
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will say this if Glorf/JC is one of the mafia I don't wanna hear fuck all about meta ever again. I mean, I won't because I'll play lke 3 games a year but still.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”